Page 7 of 858 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    Too late. Arashi and mew have pretty much said everything for me, though. Except,
    Also, to my knowledge, he can't be a Caster. Don't make things up.

If I had to say, he has the potential to be summoned as Saber, Lancer, Berserker, and Rider. That's it.
    Last edited by Historia; August 17th, 2016 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The other thing is sorta, well, people in this thread and a few others have in times past shown to A) not read some source material that actually is available and translated, B) disregarded the people that have read said material pointing out problems, C) disregarded the people that can read the untranslated material (many of which do in fact translate this stuff as they go along), and D) regularly only go into a thread where people are openly discussing that stuff every once in a while, plucking out a tiny bit of stuff from there or on wikis, and then start talking about it like they get it all. I don't think some people would come across as dismissive to those that can't read the Japanese if said people also straight up read the English at the very least. Even the people playing the game without reading Japanese can figure out what's going on with a little help from others talking about it in the threads.

I also don't know how you get anything from "Bedivere as we saw him in FSN" since all there was on him was he hoped for the king's happiness, said "I tossed the sword like you said," and missed an opportunity to make an Aerosmith reference.
    Yeah, I can see that. I'm just shit at languages so it can get a little annoying at times, but I don't mind being corrected at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    I'm not seeing how translations would have helped any as apparently summaries are enough to tell you how "in a lot of ways I was disappointed how (this character) was shilled"
    The point that many have made is that summaries aren't enough, and that we're doing ourselves a disservice by not getting as much information as possible. The language barrier is just a lot tougher than the TLDR barrier (that name sounds stupid but you get the idea).
    Last edited by Funderfullness; August 17th, 2016 at 10:06 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Guess I just didn't realize how much lore there is in GO. Well, regardless, thanks for the link to the translation. I might finally get around to finishing the servant that I've been working on here and there tomorrow, but figuring out the wording and balance has been tricky, so I might not finish for a couple more days.

In celebration of crashing the original thread, here is a redux of the first servant I submitted for this site. I posted it in the old one, but not here is is for the second thread, new and improved. I personally think it is an improvement.

True Name: Brer Rabbit, The Trickster Rabbit
    Class: Assassin (Caster)
    Gender: Female (Gender bender, should really be called Sister Rabbit)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: A+
    Mana: A
    Luck: EX

Noble Phantasm: B

Servant Skills:

Presence Concealment: A+: (If Summoned as an Assassin) It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken. Servant.

Territory Creation: A+: (If Summoned as a Caster) Is capable of using any terrain to her advantage by deeming it her “Laughing Place.” She has nearly full control of any territory through an incantation, making it almost into a reality marble where she can summon her familiars.

Item Creation: B: (If Summoned as a Caster): Is capable of creating items best used for trickery, deception, and practical jokes. Things she creates are limited to the items from her stories such as the tar dummies, hot pepper sauce, and stakes.

Personal Skills

Eye of the Mind (True): B: Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Instinct: A: The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.

Trickster: EX: Brer Rabbit’s most valuable personal skill. Since she’s not very strong, she must rely on her own cleverness to out wit a foe. While she herself is a prolific trickster, she is not perfect, as a foe that is equally, or cleverer then she is, although the few who could can be counted on one hand.

Self Preservation: A: Preferring not to engage in direct combat, if there is a situation she does encounter an enemy, she will do everything in her power to escape and keep herself from being harmed. Coupled with her high intelligence and ability to get out of unfavorable situations, it makes her difficult to catch and kill.

Personal Weapons

Briar Whips:
    A couple of thorny plant like whips, representing the Biar patch. It gets even stronger when her primary Noble Phantasm is used. Her more common weapon, as she prefers to keep as much distance from her and her opponent as possible. T

Stakes: She possesses several stakes she uses as projectiles. These stakes were used to shatter the rock giant Flint. They are strong enough to smash stone into flint as the story goes. Brer Rabbit, in one of her more heroic deeds killed the murderous giant Flint as he slept while driving a stake through his center, smashing him to rocky pieces. If ever forced into close range combat, she has one giant one which is strong enough to shatter a mountain, though it would be difficult to use as a mêlée weapon.

Familiars: Brer Rabbit often used other animals to her advantage in the Uncle Ramus tales. One such familiar she used to trick Brer Bear were hornets that were nesting in her “Laughing Place.”

Noble Phantasm: Since her Nobel Phantasms are weak on offense; she does not fully depend on them unless its through trickery, or a quick retreat, relying on her wit to overcome her enemies.

• Name: Tar Baby: The Sticky Situation
    • Type: Anti-Unit
    • Description: A Nonlethal Noble Phantasm. It represents the story in which Brer Fox succeeds in tricking Brer Rabbit by creating the Tar Baby, a dummy made of pine tar. She uses this Noble Phantasm in ways of deceiving foes. It can take any form Brer Rabbit wishes, though its base form is this. If an opponent touches it, they will be stuck. It could take the form of a person one moment, then become a black substance the next. The more one struggles, the more ensnared they become, though a powerful Noble Phantasm, or skill can break it.

• Name: Briar Patch: From whence the Rabbit was Born and Bred
    • Type: Anti-Army
    • Target: 100
    • Description: The representation of the Briar Patch which Brer Rabbit used to escape Brer Fox during the Tar Baby incident. It can be used as a simple whip, or grow from the ground and walls becoming living thorny tentacles. While not strong on its own, it can do enough damage when used appropriately, and with Brer Rabbit’s mind, she is perfectly capable of using anything in her disposal to the fullest.

• Name: Narrative of Remus: Folktales from the Storyteller
    • Type: Reality Marble
    • Target: 100
    • Description: By declaring the name of Uncle Remus, the Reality Marble is invoked. A representation of the stories of Uncle Remus involving Brer Rabbit. All Noble Phantasm ranks and her skill Territory Creation are ranked up one level, as long as this Noble Phantasm is activated, giving her nearly full control of the surroundings. She is able to reach out to various constructs she created and utilize stealth to her advantage. The Reality Marble itself looks more like a forest covered in large thorns like a giant briar patch and wild bests and hornets roaming about. Brer Rabbit is able to successful use guerrilla Warfare to assassinate master and servants alike.

Personality: Overall, she is a snarker and prankster. At her best, she’s playful jokester. At her worst, she’s sadistic and malicious to the point of sociopathic. She’s a regular gadfly who enjoys nothing more then trolling others, especially her own master. Her overall personality depends on who summons her. If her master is good, she will be playing and teasing. The worst her master’s personality is, the more vicious she can be. She admits to enjoy getting masters who are arrogant and loud because she loves putting them down. The kind of master she does not like to receive is one that is super serious ones with no sense of humor. While she is not above mockery, she’s pretty cowardly, and prefers not to fight a foe directly.

Lore
    A trickster by nature, she used her wits to trick various stronger and more dangerous predators. Her trickery made her a hero to the oppressed, especially African slaves and Native Americans. Her stories have been retold for generations though many of her tales have changed throughout the years to the point she was believed to be male, thus being called Brer Rabbit instead of Sister Rabbit, and to the point it is unknown which culture she belonged to. Her original name was lost, but Anansi the Spider was known to refer to her as Adanko.

In her time in life, she was associated with various other tricksters, most noticeably Anansi the Spider. She managed to trick her Archenemy Brer Fox multiple times. Eventually, he would in turn deceive her through the use of a dummy made of pine tar. By leaving the dummy on the side of the road, Brer Rabbit greeted it, and when it did not respond, she became so offended she punched it, only to get stuck as she struggle to get free. As Brer Fox readied himself to finish her, she begged him not to throw her into a briar patch, which he did, only for the witty fox to reveal it was where she was “born and bred.” She would later go on to trick him into becoming a “riding horse” and escape another of his traps by tricking Brer Bear into thinking she was making a dollar a minute as well as deceived him into coming to her “laughing place” which was really a place infested with hornets.

Brer Rabbit’s greatest feats included killing the fierce Brer Wolf, the witch Old Mammy Witch Wise, and eventually the mountain giant Flint, a feat that established herself among the most powerful animals. While she was a crafty however, her arrogance usually got the better of her, being tricked by the equally crafty Brer Turtle, who with the help of family members won a race that earned begrudging respect from Brer Rabbit. The few she does respect are fellow tricksters such as Old Man Terrypin, Anansi, and Coyote.
    Lore

There are however various versions of the trickster rabbit throughout the ages from African to Cherokee origin. Brer Rabbit did not exist in real life, but was a character in oral folklore, though she did make it to the Throne of Heroes as a symbol to those who had been oppressed. If she did exist, it may have been as a phantasmal beast, or possibly as a nature spirit who became mortal. Her current existence is similar to that of a wraith or a concept given physical form, allowing her to be summoned depending on the version which is sought. This version of her is similar to the tales collected by the oral storyteller known as Uncle Remus. Because of her deceptive nature, Assassin is probably the best class she can be summoned in, but her nature and status as a Trickster also makes her applicable for the Caster class.
    Last edited by Dozer095; August 18th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Also, to my knowledge, he can't be a Caster. Don't make things up.

If I had to say, he has the potential to be summoned as Saber, Lancer, Berserker, and Rider. That's it.
    Why not make things up? It's fun.

Seriously though, I made up new Skills and an entirely different NP for him so why the heck wouldn't I make up different alternate Classes? Also I based him being possibly summoned as Caster off of the legends that Bedivere was a practicing witch, which don't seem to hold true in canon (well, that'd go against the whole 'he was a normal person' thing).

Also, why'd he be summoned as Berserker? That seems an even less fitting Class for him then Caster... (which at least had some grounding in Arthurian lore)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    The point that many have made is that summaries aren't enough, and that we're doing ourselves a disservice by not getting as much information as possible. The language barrier is just a lot tougher than the TLDR barrier (that name sounds stupid but you get the idea).
    The post you replied to was sarcastic, I think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I also don't know how you get anything from "Bedivere as we saw him in FSN" since all there was on him was he hoped for the king's happiness, said "I tossed the sword like you said," and missed an opportunity to make an Aerosmith reference.
    Most of the early information on Bedivere came from side materials and Garden of Avalon actually. His personality section on the wiki (which I'd regard mine as a fair extrapolation of) was pretty much completed long before Grand Order was ever even known about. True, not much was known about him at the time but you can still a pretty good imagining of what kind of guy he was from what we did know. ('Cool and courteous' fits him pretty well, I'd say)

Blog Entries
    When... when do you think Garden of Avalon came out?

Blog Entries
    Anyways, I don't get why people are making such a fuss when I specifically stated that my take on Bedivere was diverging from canon. I wasn't intending to rewrite the canon version exactly but to make my own take based on what I imagined Bedivere would be like a Heroic Spirit based on both F/SN and Arthurian lore itself. It was never intended to follow canon and, indeed, the point was exactly not to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    When... when do you think Garden of Avalon came out?
    Haven't checked the dates, but the Camelot chapter only came out a couple months ago. GoA has been out for a few years at least, I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the dates on the wiki, I exaggerated. GoA was released with the blu-ray set of the UBW anime, and I'm pretty sure GO was already in the works by then. Point still stands though that information on Bedivere was known far before Camelot chapter came out (much less translated in the West).

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, it's silly to say that we had no idea what kind of guy Bedi was before Grand Order. If he'd been revealed to be a hyperactive punk rocker with an insatiable fondness for nachos then people would be quite rightly surprised and feel that was at odds with the glimpse of him we got in canon. Bedivere in canon appears cool, composed and loyal to Arturia (even when the other knights had abandoned her). Filling in a complete personality from that is a pretty easy task, I'd say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Anyways, I don't get why people are making such a fuss when I specifically stated that my take on Bedivere was diverging from canon. I wasn't intending to rewrite the canon version exactly but to make my own take based on what I imagined Bedivere would be like a Heroic Spirit based on both F/SN and Arthurian lore itself. It was never intended to follow canon and, indeed, the point was exactly not to do so.
    All you did was exchange his sword for a spear.

Well, nevermind.
    Last edited by Historia; August 17th, 2016 at 11:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    People are "making a fuss" because your "improvement" has a sheet that's extremely boring to read and the NP is just a bunch of already existing NPs smashed together.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    [strike]All you did was exchange his sword for a spear.[/strike]

Well, nevermind.
    I gave him different Skills too. And his personality is a bit different without the whole 'Lion King' fiasco. In any case, how can you be saying at the same time that I changed too little while also saying that I don't enough to portray the character as they are in canon? Those seem rather contradictory to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    People are "making a fuss" because your "improvement" has a sheet that's extremely boring to read and the NP is just a bunch of already existing NPs smashed together.
    Well, you don't have to like it. Some people will and some people won't. De gustibus non disputandum est.

But saying that I 'don't know about the canon' is, quite simply, irrelevant.

If you don't think the canon is important then how is this not fanfiction?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    If you don't think the canon is important then how is this not fanfiction?
    Because not everybody feels the same way, of course. And even in my case, 99% of my sheets are not alternate versions of canonical characters.

JP Friend Code
    "I made this bad fanfic because i believe the Canon is unsatisfying."

"You don't actually know anything about the Canon"

"Saying 'i don't know about the Canon' is irrelevant"

That doesn't answer the question.

Blog Entries
    Dozer: Now that the debate seems to have lulled momentarily, I'll try and fire off some quick commentary on Brer Rabbit. I know what it feels like when other users are too busy arguing to give feedback, after all.

She's pretty good. Having an anthropomorphized animal as a Servant seems like it'd something that really shouldn't work but you did a fairly good job of justifying it, IMO. As a fan of genderbends (well, I better be since I do, like, 90% of them here...) I of course appreciated that aspect, and the FC in particular is quite well-chosen. I like how she's physically weak but relies on trickery and clever tactics in order to survive, which is emphasized by her NPs (particularly the first one).

If I had one critique it's that Agility- A++ seems too high. I get that you wanted to compensate for her mostly low stats otherwise but it's still overkill. I'm pretty sure somewhere in Zero it's mentioned that Agility- A+ is the highest it's even possible for a Servant to have, so that should easily be enough.

Definitely an interesting sheet, though. Wonder she'd get along with my own John the Conqueror?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    "I made this bad fanfic because i believe the Canon is unsatisfying."

"You don't actually know anything about the Canon"

"Saying 'i don't know about the Canon' is irrelevant"
    For one thing, the personal motives I had for making a sheet are irrelevant to the technical and aesthetic merits of the sheet itself.

Honestly, the more I read about GO's Bedivere the more I come to think he's a very fascinating and well-realized character. It's just... not how I imagined Bedivere.

Blog Entries
    I gave him different Skills too. And his personality is a bit different without the whole 'Lion King' fiasco. In any case, how can you be saying at the same time that I changed too little while also saying that I don't enough to portray the character as they are in canon? Those seem rather contradictory to me.
    I took back what I said, but... uh... regardless, it's not a very well thought out sheet. Could use some tweaks.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    In any case, it's silly to say that we had no idea what kind of guy Bedi was before Grand Order. If he'd been revealed to be a hyperactive punk rocker with an insatiable fondness for nachos then people would be quite rightly surprised and feel that was at odds with the glimpse of him we got in canon. Bedivere in canon appears cool, composed and loyal to Arturia (even when the other knights had abandoned her). Filling in a complete personality from that is a pretty easy task, I'd say.
    Would you say just by how she appeared in Fate/Zero that Maiya was in fact a hyper moe chick with an insatiable fondness for sweets that would ninja into shops to try stuff out? Because she actually is, despite the fact that you never see that in her limited appearance in Fate/Zero. Which again, is why you might be inaccurate on deciding you know a character from a few paragraphs and a short side material blurb.

Blog Entries
    I took back what I said, but... uh... regardless, it's not a very well thought out sheet. Could use some tweaks.
    Which are...? I'm always up for getting more feedback, you know.