Page 66 of 858 FirstFirst ... 16566164656667687176116166566 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    The linked one is a translation of a translation (of a highly altered transcription of an oral cycle).
    Isn't that what mewarmo was referencing?
    Either way, marry me, you two. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    'oral'

wait
    nani

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    'translation'
    Probably does also deserve scare quotes because it's from the nineteenth century.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Isn't that what mewarmo was referencing?
    I assume he's either mocking me like the rest of them are or talking about the electronic factor.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I done goofed.

Nº 1 fan of the Best Book Gallereon's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    502781857 (NA server)
    I have been thinking about remaking my Luis de Camões sheet since I feel like I could have done somethings better.
    Are there any rules I should know or can I just delete the old one and post the new version here?
    My One True Waifu

That moment when you´re being shipped on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    You guys should get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    For I think manafusion understands Gallereon better than any of us can expect to do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallereon View Post
    I have been thinking about remaking my Luis de Camões sheet since I feel like I could have done somethings better.
    Are there any rules I should know or can I just delete the old one and post the new version here?
    There are no rules to Servant creation aside from popular opinion.

I guess if you want people to read your sheet, then you should post the new version.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I assume he's either mocking me like the rest of them are or talking about the electronic factor.
    Ah.
    Then no
    soup
    proposal
    for
    you
    mewarmo
    !

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Class: Saber
    True Name: Sigmund
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Natural Enemies: Odin, Siggeir
    Weapons: Greatsword, Gram
    Personnality:
    Saber is a gruff warrior who has been hardened by the trials he passed trough in life. He particularly resent the gods for taking forcefully from him what they gave him. Despite that, he is very protective of those he call his comrades, not wanting to lose them like he lost his brothers. To his dismay, his nature as a werewolf has somewhat affected his personality, giving him more "feral" characteristics such as a dislike of indoors and a accentuated territorial instinct. While he doesn't particularly care for his appearance, he doesn't hesitate to use his altered body to his advantage. His wish is to have survived long enough to spend time with his son Sigurd.

Stats-
    Strength- B
    Endurance- A
    Agility- B
    Mana- D
    Luck- E
    NP- A

Class Skills-

Magic Resistance- B
    Cancels spell three verses or shorter.

Riding- C

The ability to ride mounts. At this rank, all mundane animals and vehicles can be driven competently.

Personnal Skills-

Charisma- C
    Skills that represent the servant's ability to lead and be liked by his people. By the end of his life, Saber managed to took the lands of Siggeir, the wicked king that he slain and ruled over them in peace before his own death.

Divinity- E
    Mesure how close a servant is to being a divine spirit. It can decrease from their monstrous nature or their dislikes of gods. While Saber is a descendant of Odin, his statut as a werewolf and the fact that he was killed by Odin himself has reduced this skill to it's lowest possible rank.

Monstrous Strength- B

The servant is capable of tapping into their monstrous heritage to rank-up their strength for a duration determined by the rank of this skill. Saber was transformed into a werewolf by a cursed cloak he stole from a bandit.

Pheromones- C+
    The servant can secrete pheromone to influence other beings. Saber can influence the moods of animals, making them calmer and less prone to attack. It is especially effective against canine beasts. To save him from being eaten by the mother of Siggeir, who could transform herself into a wolf, Saber's sister covered him in honey so as to calm the beast and allow Saber to attack her by surprise. As a side-note, due to saber's appearance, female wolves are very likely to attempt to mate with him, much to his annoyance.

Golden Rule- C
    Measures one's ability to aquire wealth. At this rank, the servant can rapidly amass a great amount of riches. Saber gained fortune from his life as a outlaw

Noble Phantasm-

Gram~
    Sword of the sun

(Anti-Personal, A)
    During the wedding feist of Siggurd, a mysterious beggar (in reality the god Odin) plunged a sword into the tree Barnstokk and dared all of the guests to try to pull it. While all of them put all of their forces trying to get it, only Saber was able to do the task. As a "sword of selection", it is the model for the sword Caliburn wielded by the legendary king Arthur. Gram would later be reforged used by Saber's son Sigurd to kill the wicked dragon Fafnir and be known as the "strongest demon sword". Like Caliburn, Gram can launch devastating burning light. The incarnation that Saber wield does not possesses the "dragon slayer" ability it would have with Sigurd. Instead, it possesses the quality of "the weapon designing the chosen hero", and as such, it is unthinkable that a lesser sword could hope to beat it. Any other sword that comes in contact with Gram is immediately destroyed beyond repair, as if punished for the sin of hubris by the gods. Only Noble Phantasms of A rank or above can resist this devastating effect.

Background: Saber is Sigmund, father of the famous hero Sigurd. His sister Signy married Siggeir, the king of Gautland. It was during the wedding that Sigmund pulled Gram. When Siggeir tried to buy the sword from him, Simund laughed him off, wich brought the king's rage upon him. One day, the monarch trapped Sigmund, his brother and his father. Then, he had his shapeshifting mother eat them all. However, when Sigmund was the only one left, his sister saved him and allowed him to flee the dungeons and hides in the forest. In the forest, she furnished him everything he needed and sent her sons each day to be tested to see if they could avenge their grandfather. Each of them failed, so Signy disguised herself and slept with her brother, conceiving Sinfjotli, who passed the test. With his new nephew (Sigmund never learned his true parentage), he became rich as a outlaw. During this time, they both are cursed with lycanthropy. Eventually, they finally killed Siggeir and took his lands. After Signy's death, Sigmund married a woman named Borghild. However, she poisonned Sinfjotli after he killed her brother. Furious, Sigmund banished her. After that, he married another woman and lived in peace until King Lyndi invaded. During the battle, Sigmund's sword Gram was broken and he was killed by Gungnir, the lance of Odin who was in the form of an old warrior. Before dying from his wounds, he told his pregnant wife to refortge the broken sword into an even mightier weapon and to give it to his son. Due to his death, Saber is fated to die when confrounted by Gungnir or one of his descendants.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; October 27th, 2016 at 02:59 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have some things to say on this sheet but let's start with the simple things. There are a few frequent misspellings throughout the sheet (I myself am guilty of it when typing fast but a few stand out like Monsterous Strengt that you may want to address. Now for the sheet itself.

Parameters are mostly ok but given some of the things he did, I think Strength or Endurance could be A rank. For the Pheromone skill, I understand the basis behind it but I never thought of it skill worthy. Maybe ditch it and put the fact in a miscellaneous section. Now with Gram, I like the idea but I think it can be excecuted differently. Gram is different to Balmung and Sigmund was its only real user so I'd ditch the tidbit about being weaker than an attack by Arturia as Gram is stronger than Caliburn anyways. Also I'd ditch the minus and just say Odin or the spear Gungnir is his natural enemy and he is fated to fall to the spear and his descendants in a lore or miscellaneous section.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    *snip*
    I followed your advice on regarding typos and Garm's description, but I decided to keep Pheromones, because I personnaly like the flavor it add and there has been sillier skills in canon. Speaking of wich, since Sigurd and Siegfried are different characters in the nasuverse, shouldn't one wield the reforged Gram and the other wield Balmung ?
    Last edited by Alexcoene; October 26th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Balmung is the reforged Gram, though I understand your confusion - the myths kinds overlap in various retellings. A lot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    I followed your advice on regarding typos and Garm's description, but I decided to keep Pheromones, because I personnaly like the flavor it add and there has been sillier skills in canon. Speaking of wich, since Sigurd and Siegfried are different characters in the nasuverse, shouldn't one wield the reforged Garn and the other wield Balmung ?
    Just pointing this out, don't mind me:

Gram is a magical sword.

Garm is a dog that guards Hel (both it and the ruler herself).

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Just pointing this out, don't mind me:

Gram is a magical sword.

Garm is a dog that guards Hel (both it and the ruler herself).
    Oops, didn't notice that.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Speaking of wich, since Sigurd and Siegfried are different characters in the nasuverse, shouldn't one wield the reforged Gram and the other wield Balmung ?
    We won't know for sure until Sigurd appears as a character.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't there a bit in Prototype's prequel where Bryn described Sigurd? Might be mentioned in there.

JP Friend Code
    He has a nice smile.

My predictions for Sigurd is that he has PB(Ice) and wears glasses.
    Last edited by Magikewl; October 26th, 2016 at 03:36 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Wasn't there a bit in Prototype's prequel where Bryn described Sigurd? Might be mentioned in there.
    he's wearing a helmet and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to make a Khutulun sheet but I'm finding it hard hard to put an original take on her (that and it's hard to top Seika's version) so now I've finished the Conqueror book series, I figured I'd make the greatest conqueror no one has likely heard of.

Class: Archer (Can be summoned as Rider)
    True Name: Kublai Khan
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Mongolia
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Divine
    Armament:
    Armour, Sword, Bow

STR: B
    CON: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Height/Weight:164cm/54kg
    Dislikes: Having to fact check Marco Polo's preposterous stories, Shotacons
    Talent: Benevolent Conquest
    Natural Enemy: Grandfather

Class Skills:

• Independent Action (C) - It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master. Kublai was never an independent ruler, either tied down with politics or studies.
    • Magic Resistance (C) - Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:
    • Divinity (D) - The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. Grandson of Genghis Khan, the sky father incarnate.
    • Grace of God (B) - A Skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty". Kublai was mocked by his brothers in his youth for "Looking and dressing like a Chin harlot".
    • Mandate of Heaven (B) - An ancient Chinese belief and philosophical idea that tiān (heaven) granted emperors the right to rule based on their ability to govern well and fairly. Functioning similarly to Charisma, those who listen to his words feel a strong compulsion to obey. One must be able to resist mental influence of the same level in order to resist or possess Nature of a Rebellious Spirit of the same rank.
    • Military Tactics (B) - Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilised. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    • Mystic Eyes of Terror (C) - The possession of Mystic Eyes that are capable of interfering with the outside world. Inherited from Genghis Khan. As long as enemy doesn't possess any means of shutting off unnatural fear, they remain 'terrified' which weakens their defensive and offensive capabilities and forces those especially vulnerable to flee.

Noble Phantasms

Temujin Breaking Bow of the Khan-Father (Anti-Unit) (C-) - The bow of Genghis Khan during his youth. Before the conqueror was known as Genghis, he was exiled and struggling to provide for his family in the frozen wastes. However his elder brother was stealing food from the family to keep himself full. Knowing he would not stop and everyone else would starve, the future khan killed his brother with this bow.

In truth it was a divine Noble Phantasm given to Genghis to assist him subjugate humanity however after the untimely death of the Khan, the weapon began to deteriorate and quickly lost a large portion of its power. It was modified to preserve and maintain a degree of its power and passed down the legacy of true Khans as they were the only ones who could pull the string due to their heritage.
    The bow possesses few obvious properties aside from the power, speed and range of fire but it maintains the original curse of kinslaying - the wielder of the bow will always be destined "to slay a brother." In the hands of Genghis, it would be far more powerful.

The Grand Empire Punishment of God (Anti-Country) (B+++) - A noble phantasm of great contradictions conceptualising Kublai as "A conqueror who divides his nation". The crystallisation of his deeds as a conqueror and founder of a dynasty. Kublai Khan is capable of summoning undead Mongol warriors to aid him and attack his enemies alongside his own personal steed. Although the power of each warrior is low in comparison to that of servants, they possess their spectacular skill and even individual personalities minds. However there is a great limitation. Due to his actions causing the Mongolian empire to divide, he will only be able to summon and command a limited number of troops before he loses control of them.

Alternatively he could summon literal hordes of countless mindless undead - trading the minds of his summons for superior numbers - that exist only to devour and destroy. Although summoning a few elite fighters alongside him would help him destroy a powerful singular target such as a powerful servant, unleashing his horde upon the world would create a scourge that much like the Mongol armies before could devour nations if left unchecked.
    However due to limitations as a servant, Kublai can only maintain "Horde Mode" for so long before running out of magical energy and fading away.

Xandau A Stately Pleasure Dome (Anti-Team) (A) -
    The summer palace of Kublai Khan given form and reproduced through magical energy with a method extremely similar to that used by Reality Marbles - although not true magecraft, it can be likened to a pseudo reality marble. It takes on the form of a paradisiacal garden under a white marble dome that contains clouds, appearing much like the sky isolated with mighty walls with natural caves and rivers running out of them. It contains a dark chasm within the middle, contrasting with the timeless beauty of the garden, giving both a 'Holy' and 'Savage atmosphere. It is populated by Kublai's personal harem (which was a state organisation run by one of his wives), which counted many, many beautiful women of varying ages, races and body types among his members.

It is a sinister Noble Phantasm that slowly drains ones will to fight with the combined beauty of the gardens and (should one be so inclined) the inevitable encounter of what the target(s) would regard as "the perfect woman". Eventually the enemies of Kublai would find themselves either incapable or unwilling to fight against him leaving them vulnerable to being struck down by him or his harem.

Lore

Descended from Genghis Khan, fourth son of the fourth son and the fifth great khan of the Mongolian empire. He founded the Yuan dynasty of China.

Born into a life of relative comfort among the Mongol people as the grandson of Genghis, he learned from the man himself about ruthlessness and what it means to destroy. Despite his heritage, he was not a natural born fighter by spirit and lived the life of a scholar - teaching and studying. Ever since he was a child he was enamoured with Chinese culture and preferred to wear the comfortable robes of the Chinese elite to Mongol armour - a fact his grandfather never had to deal with due to his mysterious death.

After his father Tolui sacrificed himself to transfuse his life force into his brother - Ogedei, who was the second khan - Kublai was forced to step up and become a warrior where he showed he was a true descendent of Genghis Khan. However after Ogedei's inevitable death and his sons short and disastrous reign as Khan, Kublai's eldest brother Mongke took the title. It was here that he showed himself as the most merciful of his brethren where he spared his prisoners of war and treated them with respect as captives while Mongke's bloodlust surpassed even Genghis'. After receiving tutelage from Buddhist monks who served his grandfather he possessed the talent, intellect and wisdom to be a great leader and won a great victory in north China.

After his brothers unexpected assassination - he named himself khan. He had grow a lot and embraced the role and a fighter and leader, a far cry from the meek scholar he once was and rode to the capital. However his younger brother had also named himself khan due to believing Kublai was still weak. Although Kublai won the civil war by destroying his brothers armies and besting him in single combat, this action began the process of splitting the empire.

This marked his peak as after this he moved the capital of the Mongolian empire to China and named himself emperor. He allowed the previous emperor of China whom wasn't even a teenager to live and whilst officially "under house arrest" the child and the empress dowager lived a very comfortable life until Kublai sent the former emperor away to become a monk when he was barely 15 when Kublai's only wife of the time began to take a "personal interest" in the child's life and well being.

Kublai lead many battles to expand the empire but this primarily resulted in vassal states instead of outright expansion and his attempted invasions of Japan were disastrous. However despite the tragedies in his later years, he became patron of the young Marco Polo. After the European left, he life the public eye and was only seen by his wives and harem. After being asked to abdicate in favour of his son he refused to contact him - a decision he regretted when his son died two years later without a word said between the two. Kublai spiralled into depression and he gorged himself on rich meat and alcohol. He died eight year later from illness. An ill fitting end to a conqueror.

One he will rectify.

Personality

Summoned in this form, both his figure and mentality are that of his youth as a young warrior, but he has not lost his memories of his life. Quite different from the Khan lineage, he is quiet and soft-spoken. He also tries to keep bloodshed to a minimum despite his (suppressed) love of combat and destruction - he may completely destroy every trace of his target but only if he has to, not because he gets his jollies from it. A genuine intellectual he possesses great wisdom and knowledge which he will gladly share with his master. Although not yet the proud khan in many ways he still has his pride and his master must see him as an equal at a minimum. Anything else will not suffice.

He views his grandfather as his own personal idol in terms of achievement but as one loves Chinese culture, is capable of compassion and emotions other than righteous fury while the other is almost the opposite - they would always be at odds which they would both regret. He would treat the haughty Marco Polo like a grandchild and would happily be dutiful, however Marco's tendency to "embellish" certain details tends to result is Kublai butting in to fact check and ruin the suspense (deliberately) and Khulutun, his niece as an apprentice.

Despite not being as bad as his grandfather, he has a tendency to get around. A lot. In another lifetime he would have made an excellent harem protagonist.
    Also he loves dogs - having owned hundreds in life.

Tactics

CBA right now

The first NP, is a bit generic I admit, so I tried my own spin on it (I hate resorting to army summons). The second one is a bit more creative and inspired by the Kubla Khan poem.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 15th, 2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Guess who's a giant lemon, I am. I am the giant lemon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I saw the FC, I was sure Kublai was going to be a genderbend. But nope. He's just a really pretty dude I guess. (To be fair, it is justified given his second Skill)

He sounds like a rather interesting character for sure. However, given he's an Archer, it's kind of odd there's no mention of a bow or anything. I get you couldn't think of any that'd qualify as an NP but at the very least there should be a mention of some kind of bow somewhere (hence why I include an Equipment section in some of my sheets). Personally, I'd recommend trying to give him a bow NP of some sort, even if it means taking some other feat he was associated with and turning it into a bow or making it something he inherited from Genghis or what have you. Just tossing things out here.

His first NP isn't exactly bad. An army summon, but you at least tried to add some flavor with the skeletal warriors and how it can 'tear itself apart'. His second NP is more creative as you said, and I like the contrast in how one represents his nature as a conqueror and the other as a more peaceful and hedonistic ruler.

It's interesting to see Kublai here given I've made sheets for both Marco Polo and Khutulun in the past. You described pretty well how he'd get along with Polo so I don't really need to ask you that, but their interactions could be quite amusing with Polo spinning all kinds of extravagant stories in her usual fashion and Kublai being all gruffly like "I was there. That never happened."