Page 104 of 858 FirstFirst ... 4549499102103104105106109114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's never showed up in prototype yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Though admittedly, just by reading the description it's kind of hard to work my head around its effects...
    the real explaination is hidden in a H scene.
    Well i wouldn't say hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IIRC it works by reversing Bounded Fields or smth? I believe Percy used it to turn Breaker Gorgon against Medusa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's never showed up in prototype yet.

- - - Updated - - -

the real explaination is hidden in a H scene.
    Well i wouldn't say hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    IIRC it works by reversing Bounded Fields or smth? I believe Percy used it to turn Breaker Gorgon against Medusa.
    It's something about reversing what is inside and outside, making Perseus count as being inside the bag. When Medusa looks at it, she becomes the "outside" of the bag, looking back at herself.

But that's not how my Kibisis will work.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    But that's not how my Kibisis will work.
    this makes 0 sense but okay you do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    this makes 0 sense but okay you do you.
    Well, I think it's fair enough to want to write out an alternate take on a preexisting Servant (especially one who has only a very minimal canonical presence). It's not like there'd be much of a point writing up a sheet of Perseus if you're just going to make it exactly the same as he's been depicted in canon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    No, that's the Prototype Version.
    It isn't but okay.
    Actually I don't even know if Proto Percy's NPs are actually different from his gear in HA.

Blog Entries
    The cap(e) of invisibility at least looks the same as it does in Prillya. Donno if that counts.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well now I've gotten a lot of work out of the way, I can get back to posting as the Residential Forum DisappointmentTM.

Source: (X)
    Servant: Assassin
    Other Classes:
    Saber, Rider
    True Name: Ganelon 'The Paladin of Betrayal'
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: France
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Man
    Armament: Heavy Armour, Sword

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 197cm/88kg
    Dislikes: The Paladin Order especially Roland
    Talent: Deception
    Natural Enemy: Roland, Charlemagne

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: D+
    The capacity for one to hide their presence as a Servant. At this rank it is suitable for spying without penalties to their actions and other covert actions. He possesses this ability from eavesdropping upon his allies strategies without their knowledge to eventually analyse a weakness in their plans before selling them out to the opposing Saracen forces. That and full plate armour is noisy.

Personal Skills:

Disengage: C
    The ability to break away from combat. Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match.
    Assassin possesses this skill primarily out of his own cowardly personality and recognition of when situations are hopeless rather than pure skill at escape.

Envious Disposition: A+
    A vile skill associated with those who detest others happiness and fight against it. Melee attack damage is boosted against those who draw the Servants ire.
    In the case of Assassin, the ability takes effect when against Servants of the Lawful or Good alignment. This is because he grew to resent, then hate his fellow Paladins who stood as an epitome of Chivalry and would gladly strike out at them.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit: A
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank. Assassin is infamous for his act of treason against his Emperor who was in the prime of his fame and power. The act of defying his liege and betrayal against his family is the cornerstone of his legend and defining trait in any story of his.

Noble Phantasms:

Murgleys
    The Deathbrand

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 1

The corrupted demonic sword, that would later be known as Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri, the holy sword of Godfrey de Bouillon before it was purified and strengthened from Assassin's black soul. It is a finely made Seax with a golden pommel and a now corrupt holy relic within the blade. In its warped state, the sword and relic functions differently to its later form.

Upon striking a foe they become branded - with skin becoming sickly pale and dark veins coursing throughout their body. Aside from warping the appearance of his foe, the curse of the blade causes the wounded party to have their parameters struck down by half in combat. This curse only takes in account base parameters, with bonus effects from Skills and Noble Phantasms not factored into the equation. It is possible to resist the curse by sheer magical energy of an owner or force of will.

Perhaps if summoned in the Saber class, Murgleys would possess a transformation warped by Assassin's hatred with an ability closer to its pinnacle form.

Roncevalles
    Lies of an Envious Peer

Type: Anti-Mind
    Range: A Canyon
    Max Target: 1

The crystallisation of Assassin's most infamous act, making Emperor Charlemagne ignore the pleas for help when Roland's forces were ambushed. Now a pseudo-magecraft in existence, Assassin can weave an illusion around a single target and controlling exactly what they see and hear. It has a continual mana cost for maintenance and used at a low level, he can change sentences heard to a different meaning entirely or complete gibberish. However at a high level of usage, the target could see or rather not see; armies charging straight for them, the skies tear open or (re)create the most traumatising events for them to see.

This Noble Phantasm has a weaknesses. That it can be eventually resisted with high enough Magic Resistance or an external force, such as a Noble Phantasm.

Lore

The most infamous of the Paladins of Charlemagne and stepfather of Roland.

A mighty fighter and wealthy baron, who was made a Paladin be Charlemagne himself. Despite his position, he did not see too much combat and with his great strength any foe that came to him was soon bested. Ganelon grew comfortable in his position and was considered to be a close friend of Charlemagne himself - even marrying his sister and having a child together.

He only became a paladin to improve his own standing and could just about tolerate the paladins. However his greatest failing was his relation with his step-son. Roland. The greatest paladin and nephew of Charlemagne himself. Roland was load, boastful, obnoxious and worst of all, had the strength and skill to back it all up. Roland was everything he wanted to be and everything he hated. However, one day, he reached his breaking point.

Near the end of war and the defeat of the Muslim King Marsile, the forces of Charlemagne received messengers promising the conversion to Christianity and treasure should the Paladins return to France. The Frankish army, depleted and exhausted accepted. Roland nominated Ganelon as a messenger. Ganelon feared being murdered by the vengeful enemy forces and in his twisted mind of fear and hatred believed Roland had singled him out to die.

Sent out to the Saracen forces, he sold out his allies - telling Marsile the route the paladins will take and the best point of attack when they re-enter Spain through the mountain pass. He also believed Roland's ego would prevent him calling for help. As Ganelon said, Emperor Charlemagne lead the return with Ganelon at his side and Roland leading the rearguard with Olivier. The rearguard was ambushed at Roncesvalles Pass. With the army destroyed, Roland blew the horn to let Charlemagne know what had happened and passed away, not from combat, but blowing the horn so hard an aneurysm burst in his brain. The Emperor turned back despite Ganelon's protests, they see the dead forces of the Frankish army, including the corpses of Olivier and Roland. Enraged with grief, Charlemagne stormed Ganelon's secret allies and scatters them to the wind.

Ganelon kept his betrayal secret and did so for a while until evidence accumulated and the act became undeniable. With Ganelon resorting to say that Roland plotted his death by sending him as messenger his act was legitimate however it is argued that even if Roland was plotting his death which was untrue; because Roland was serving Charlemagne when Ganelon delivered his revenge on him, Ganelon's action constitutes a betrayal. Ganelon then demanded trial by combat in a desperate act to save himself but through divine intervention his champion was defeated.

Being convicted of treason and orchestrating the death of Roland, he was torn apart by having four galloping horses tied one to each arm and leg. Also thirty of his relatives were killed.

Personality

Ganelon is precisely the monster that legend made him out to be, if not even worse. Mean-spirited, petty and jealous. Ganelon is a poor excuse for a heroic spirit in terms of honour. He is easily insulted however and has a long list of sworn enemies. He also does not like being coddled or treated overably favourably as he just believes you are softening him up to betray him. He is also unaware of his own chronic backstabbing disorder. He looks down on the brave and valiant warriors seeing them as meat headed fools; much like how he was apathetic towards the Paladins at beat, even feigning friendship with Charlemagne. Just don't mention Roland unless you want a three hour lecture about why he's the worst at everything ever.

If Charlemagne were the equivalent to King Arthur, then Ganelon is arguably a sinister combination of Tristan and Mordred. Cynical of heroism, hostile to their lord and commits the greatest act of betrayal against them. Although through their shared actions Ganelon might see a kindred spirit in Mordred, the later would likely disagree. Violently. With her sword. Being compared to Ganelon is frankly an insult.

Tactics

Despite being a Paladin, Ganelon's lack of honour, preference for subterfuge and no legend around his sword fighting prowess make him only effectively legible as an Assassin. This arguably works for the best as he is inferior to his fellow paladins in combat and would fall to most of them in combat. However his martial ability and physical prowess superior than that of most of the Assassin class. Those who underestimate him will be easily struck by his blade and killed as a result.

With tactical usage of the Disengage ability, one could attempt to pull out a "Hit-and-Run" tactic of afflicting each enemy servant with the curse of his demonic sword and fleeing, crippling all of his foes and picking them off at his leisure. Alternatively he can use Roncevalles to captivate a rival before releasing them and cutting their throat.

However upon summoning as a precaution, it is best to use a command deal upon him to prevent him using his second Noble Phantasm on you. This action would break down the rapport between you and he may very well betray you in another way.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's probably the last paladin I'm going to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Also changed up my formatting a little bit.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; December 2nd, 2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: PoO

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    And that's probably the last paladin I'm going to make.
    What about Turpin? He also had a named sword

Charlemagne lived in the 8th and early 9th centuries. The first Crusade was in the 11th. Did Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri time-travel?

Also, I thought Roland was Charlemagne's nephew.

Other than that, seems like a solid sheet.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    What about Turpin? He also had a named sword

Charlemagne lived in the 8th and early 9th centuries. The first Crusade was in the 11th. Did Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri time-travel?

Also, I thought Roland was Charlemagne's nephew.

Other than that, seems like a solid sheet.
    I have no Motivation or Inspiration for Turpin. Also, thanks for pointing those things out.

Servant: Caster
    Username: The Bird of Hermes

Personal Skills:

Librarian of Stored Knowledge: A-
    an ability that makes it possible for a clear recall of knowledge from memory with a successful Luck check, even if the information perceived in the past was not consciously acknowledged at the time. At this rank, one can recall any piece of information however the LCK check depends if the fact recalled is actually correct or not. This servant has been known for being a bit too hasty in the past and muddling up basic information.

True Name: Perseus
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Greece, Classical
    Region: Greece
    Class: Saber

Parameters
    Strength: B+
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: C+
    Mana: C
    Luck: B[-/+]
    NP: A

Dislikes: Athena, Poseidon, People who don’t care about what happens to others
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Male

Skills

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: (C)
    Perseus was born during the Age of Gods, and while he never met magic in his legend, his rank is still increased to C-rank.

Riding: (B+)
    This variant of Riding is derived from his legend’s close association with that of Pegasus. While he never actually rode it in the myths, he was still known as the first master of Pegasus, and is thus able to ride any horse or horse variant, including phantasmal species like Pegasi or Hippogryphs.

Personal Skills:

Affections of the Goddess: (B-)

In life, Athena, who sent him to the Nymphs who bore the weapons he would need to kill Medusa, endorsed Perseus. However, due to his dislike of Athena, he is now only able to rank-up his parameters by taking a penalty to Luck as well. He has a severe dislike for the usage of this skill.

Divinity: (A)

Perseus in life, was the son of Zeus. Thus, he has Divinity at this rank.

Monster Slayer: (B)

In life, Perseus was known was slaying great monsters. Against opponent with a monstrous nature, he gains a damage bonus, and his luck is ranked up.

Noble Phantasm

Harpe, ‘Scythe that took the Monster’s Head’: C {Anti-Personal}
    The scythe that took Medusa’s head, it carries a potent Anti-Monster effect. In addition, it is capable of ‘locking on’ to an opponent’s neck, striking to sever it. However, this only ensures the strike is undodgeable , not that the attack lands. This ability is particularly useful against high-Agility, low-Endurance opponents, who will be unable to dodge the strike as they would most attacks, and be forced to attempt to block it, or parry it.

This scythe, in legend, was purported to be a sword instead of its true nature, and thus qualifies Perseus for the Saber-class.

Kathréftis Aspída, ‘Shield that reflects the Monster’s Gaze’: A+ {Anti-Personal/Anti-Bounded Field}
    This Noble Phantasm is a powerful defensive shield, capable of turning aside many blows. However, it’s most powerful ability is the ability to reflect attacks without a physical component. For example, a beam of pure prana directed at the shield would be reflected back, while a ball of rock infused with destructive prana would not. This applies also to directed Mystic Eyes, such as the Mystic Eyes of Petrification Medusa wields. In her case, her petrification would be reflected back upon her, immobilizing her for the killing blow. In addition, it is capable of ‘reflecting’ the power of BloodFort Andromeda and other area-of-effect curses. This causes the curse on the area to rebound on its owner instead of afflicting Perseus.

Kibisi, ‘Knapsack that held the Hero’s Prize’: B {Anti-NP}
    Kibisis was the knapsack given to Perseus to contain Medusa’s head and it’s dangerous power. Perseus used Medusa’s head contained within the bag as a weapon on multiple occasions. Thus, this NP allows him to take one Noble Phantasm associated with a body part from a defeated enemy, and utilizes it as his own, at it’s full rank. Against regular noble phantasms, he can utilize them at one rank down. He can only have one noble phantasm taken at once.

φτερωτός Παπούτσια, ‘Winged Sandals that bore the Hero to the Temple’: B {Support/Anti-Fortress}
    These winged shoes were what gave Perseus the ability to reach the Shapeless Isles and Medusa’s temple. Thus, they have the ability to bring Perseus swiftly into a location that is held to be unreachable and/or dangerous, allowing him to infiltrate Fortresses even if it is ordinarily impossible. They , of course, also allow him to fly.

Lore
    In life, Perseus was the son of Danae and Zeus. He sought to save his mother from his father, by performing a quest for him. That quest was the slaying of Medusa, and Athena led him to the Hesperides, nymphs that held legendary artifacts for him to wield in his slaying of the monster. Using these artifacts, he slew Medusa, taking her head and keeping it in a knapsack. On his way home, he used it to slay the Sea Monster that was about to eat Andromeda, taking her for his wife. He used Medusa’s head against the man she was already betrothed to, and returned home to take position as King.

Personality
    Ordinarily, Perseus would not have been summoned into a Grail War, as his life was happy, and he had no more wishes at the end of his life. This changed, however, when he read the legend of Medusa in full in his time in the Throne of Heroes. Athena had tricked him, only telling him that Medusa was a monster to be slain, not her tragic origins. Thus, when he is summoned into a grail war, Perseus’s wish is to be able to apologize to Medusa for not knowing of her curse. Alternatively, he may wish to grant Medusa a happy life in his stead, depending on how his experiences in the war change him.

Perseus is a normally sly and calculating man, always determining how to use what is given to him against his enemies. However, he does have a soft spot for people who were tricked and used, even as he does the same to them.

If Medusa were ever summoned into the same war as he was, he would attempt to apologize then and there, however, she would most likely see him as insincere. Unless further developments change her opinion of him, of course.

Tactics

Perseus specializes in entering dangerous locations and killing whatever is in them. He is especially effective against Caster-type servants, as his Mirror-Shield reflects most of their attacks, and his Harpe is able to force them into physical combat rather than withdrawing. Winged Shoes allow him to breach the defenses of their Temple or Territory, as well.
    Last edited by WhatShouldNotBe; November 25th, 2016 at 01:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Harpe is a spear in TM

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Harpe is a spear in TM
    Yes. Most people think of Harpe as a sword, however, so welp, Saber. I could just change it to lancer. But his agility would be A-rank and his strength C, and with all his bonuses he'd be ridiculous.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Harpe is a spear in TM
    And Kibisis is a weird boundary inversion thing. It's obvious he's purposefully going for a different version then the canon one.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    And Kibisis is a weird boundary inversion thing. It's obvious he's purposefully going for a different version then the canon one.
    That too.

if you even glance at his personality, you can tell that he's not "Sucessful Shinji" at all.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Harpe is a spear in TM
    It's actually a sword that looks and functions like a spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

that makes no sense.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    @Perseus: You forgot to write his class. I don't think skills like Affection of the Goddess can be affected by a dislike picked up after his death, tough I may be wrong. What is definitely wrong is this "Master of Pegasus" thing. I don't recall any legend that say that he interacted in any way with it after Medusa's death, and I don't think it would be in a friendly relationship with its mother's murderer. Also, I don't think a heroic spirit couldn't be summoned just because they "died happy" and have no wish for the Grail. Aside from that, it's pretty good Perseus sheet with interesting Noble Phantasm.

Harpe is a spear in TM
    Actually no, it's a scythe. I mean, it's in the freaking name.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    So like Durindana. A spear.