Page 224 of 858 FirstFirst ... 124174214219222223224225226229234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    erlang shen was apparently born with a Third Eye that was really good at seeing.... and shot lasers. That blew up mountains.
    Huh. So he's basically just Tien.

I could see you spinning his Eye as a Mystic Eye if you so persist. Personally, I don't really see it, considering the eye laser power seems... well, Karna does have eye lasers too so...

Making a Pharaoh. Design concepts are "a weakling who empowers the authority of others" and "little bro".
    Last edited by Aodyssey; February 14th, 2017 at 07:02 AM.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Huh. So he's basically just Tien.

I could see you spinning his Eye as a Mystic Eye if you so persist. Personally, I don't really see it, considering the eye laser power seems... well, Karna does have eye lasers too so...
    Other way around. Thien is Erlang Shen.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    alright, hey before nay one critiques odin can i get 1 day to do some gramitcal fixes? also any sheets anyone has on him, so i can get some idea on what best to work on?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    alright, hey before nay one critiques odin can i get 1 day to do some gramitcal fixes? also any sheets anyone has on him, so i can get some idea on what best to work on?
    Odin is mostly okay now that he's been revised. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "1 day" thing either, since you can fix up or add to your sheet anytime you want. It's not like there's some kind of time-limit.

Regarding your second question, I wrote up an Odin sheet ages ago, but it was one of the first batch I posted up after getting an account here and frankly not at all that great compared to my present ones (thinking of revising it, as a matter of fact). Hakuro wrote one too over on the old thread which was pretty creative, though you'd have to ask him for a link.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Click Word, copy & paste, F7

there, it is spell and grammar checked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer
    Saint Valentine

Alignment: True Neutral
    STR: D
    END: A
    AGI: C
    MAG: C
    LUCK: A+
    NP: EX

Class Skills

Independent Action (B):
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, and the Servant will be fine even in when they are unable to supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control, making the utilizing Command Spells the only true way to command them. Valentine can stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Magic Resistance (A+):
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'. The Archer class’s natural resistance is bolstered by Valentine’s piety as a saint of the Christian faith, but as a result his resistance is negated in the face of the church’s sacraments.

Personal Skills

Saint (A): Indicates one who is acknowledged as a saint. When summoned as a Servant, the ability of saint is selected one among "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and "production of a holy shroud is possible". As one of the most famous saints of the Church, it goes without saying that Valentine has this skill. The shroud of Valentine can enhance or restore visual acuity and protects the possessor against attacks with a blind, charm or poison attribute.

Protection of the Faith (A+): A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view, it protects one from mental ailments. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. Valentine’s high rank in this skill and his feast day becoming a festival to celebrate love have combined to twist his personality into that of a ‘love freak’, calling himself a “Noble defender of love and justice!”

Battle Continuation (C): A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. It is also one of the powers of a vampire. The best result is achieved when a resilient body is combined with this Skill. Valentine possesses this as a result of surviving the first attempt made at executing him by beating him to death.

Noble Phantasm

Omnia Vincit Amor
    And Love Shall Conquer All

(Anti-Unit, EX): The mindset of the patron saint of lovers and marriage, one who will fight to defend love, believes that love will triumph in the end, and will defy imperial law to help facilitate it. It is four separate abilities rolled into one, based on the concept of the ‘four loves’. Valentine has given them names that he believes suit a magical defender of love and justice.

Valentine Eros Arrow: Magical Valentine’s arrows of love! Or rather, the bow of the love god, ‘borrowed’ by Valentine. A strike with one of the arrows will cause infatuation in the target with a person of the shooter’s choice. Don’t bother wondering why a Christian saint has a weapon belonging to a Greek god.

Valentine Philia Chain: The bonds of friendship that tie people together. By using this ability to bind two or more people together, Valentine can cause them to become one. They can share magical energy with each other, communicate telepathically, and briefly make use of the other’s abilities.

Valentine Storge Aegis: A shield that represents the desire of a parent to protect their child. Surrounds the target in a magical shield that repels any and all attacks that are a lower rank than it. Valentine, however, cannot take any other actions while the shield is active, and due to its nature he is only able to use it on people weaker than himself.

Valentine Agape Rapture: The most powerful love of all, the mindset of one who is willing to sacrifice everything for their beloved. Burning his own life away to cast this spell, it has either an offensive or defensive use. As an offensive spell, it is a spear of light that pierces through all defences to unfailingly strike the heart of its target. As a defensive spell, it is a blessing that heals all curses, wounds, poisons and illnesses, and can even perform the greatest miracle of them all: the resurrection of the dead. As a magic of sacrifice, Valentine’s life is the price he must pay for casting Agape, and he can only use it for the sake of someone he deeply and truly loves.

Lore
    Dislikes: Empty lust
    Talents: Planning and officiating weddings
    Natural Enemy: “Saint White!” (he does not seem to be aware such a person does not exist)

Valentinus of Terni, more commonly known as Valentine, is a saint of the Christian faith who’s feast day of February 14th has become a festival for showing affection for one’s loved ones. A martyr from the 3rd century, Valentine was executed for secretly officiating weddings between Christian couples in defiance of Roman law, and as such was named a patron saint of love and marriage.

Ever so slightly enthusiastic about his role as a saint of love, Valentine could be described as a person in love with love. He adores love in all forms, from the steamiest to the most innocent. Despite his enthusiasm, he is aware of the darker aspects of love, the pain it can cause and the atrocities committed because of it, but even so he considers it an ideal worth defending. He is what might be termed a shipper, cheerfully matchmaking random people in his spare time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Odin: Yeah, I really can't approve of something that has that many spelling and grammar errors. I don't really care what your sheet is about or how good it is if I can barely read it. It makes the sheets feel sloppy, lazy, and rushed. Sorry to be harsh, but it's that simple for me.

Valentine: Pretty good. The "4 abilities rolled into one" reminds me of that Curie sheet from a while ago, and works about as well here as it did there (quite well, that is). Pretty fun personality to go along with it.
    Last edited by 4score7years; February 14th, 2017 at 04:43 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After another hour and a half of editing, My Caster/Assassin Servant Profile is available for criticisms again. So if any of you guys wanted to look it over, take your time.

Additionally, should I make the Personal Traits shorter for my future Servant Profiles? Since it may be too much for other people to read through.

Link to Profile: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2608884

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Odin is mostly okay now that he's been revised. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "1 day" thing either, since you can fix up or add to your sheet anytime you want. It's not like there's some kind of time-limit.

Regarding your second question, I wrote up an Odin sheet ages ago, but it was one of the first batch I posted up after getting an account here and frankly not at all that great compared to my present ones (thinking of revising it, as a matter of fact). Hakuro wrote one too over on the old thread which was pretty creative, though you'd have to ask him for a link.
    You made me look for my old Odin sheet, and I noticed that in the OP it is with a typo (Vortan instead of Votan), and the link goes to Hermes' Orochimaru. Unluck like a Lancer should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    You made me look for my old Odin sheet, and I noticed that in the OP it is with a typo (Vortan instead of Votan), and the link goes to Hermes' Orochimaru. Unluck like a Lancer should be.
    FeelsBadMan. It's on the same page, but like four posts too high up.

I remember liking the sheet, though. The drill thing was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    FeelsBadMan. It's on the same page, but like four posts too high up.

I remember liking the sheet, though. The drill thing was pretty cool.
    Thank you! And Drills are always cool, but not so easy to put Drills on Servants.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see that I can swoop in like that completely unintentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Nice to see that I can swoop in like that completely unintentionally.
    I take that as a confirmation that yours Orochimaru won against my Odin in a war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I take that as a confirmation that yours Orochimaru won against my Odin in a war.
    Votan vs Orochimaru huh?

Well both our characters are connected to Gods so you could argue that it's Odin vs Yamata-no-Orochi.

Blog Entries
    Been thinking of maybe revising my old Odin sheet lately... I wonder, could he possibly end up a Demi-Servant with Zelretch of all people?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, looking back through the previous entries, it doesn't appear that anyone's done a Servant based on Johann Sebastian Bach yet.

After ClassicaLoid's latest episode, I'm seriously tempted at having a go myself...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Hmm, looking back through the previous entries, it doesn't appear that anyone's done a Servant based on Johann Sebastian Bach yet.

After ClassicaLoid's latest episode, I'm seriously tempted at having a go myself...
    I'd say go right ahead! I'd definitely be interested in seeing a Servant sheet from you...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of unused ideas, I'm actually surprised that Matsunaga Hisahide wasn't used yet...

Maybe I can work on it at a later time...
    Last edited by SleepMode; February 14th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post

Depending on how strong your knowledge of music theory is, you can come up with some unique magic babble to showcase his contributions.

I remember he was an extremely devout Christian so there's that angle too.