Page 368 of 617 FirstFirst ... 268318358363366367368369370373378418468 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The lightning thing is covered pretty well by autodefence items and magic wands and stuff.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

“He didn’t kill her.” Yes he only beat her up in a battle and completely dominated her.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    "The concept of omnipotent/almighty still cannot control everything on Earth" - Tesla, LB5.

That's Nasu's answer. Even if there is an actual omnipotent, almighty being above all, said being will still lose to some Earth being who is happen to "Not bound by that being's omnipotence", because Earth is beyond all that stuffs...I guess.
    That's my issue with it! How are you going to establish who's the "boss of all bosses" if you don't use a yardstick which goes "do not exceed this power level" and then use that guy to say "if everything went to Earthbound/Cthulhu level shit, call this guy" to the audience.

The issue is essentially that if mankind screws up, they are fucked and also, that they can't understand how things truly are.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Umm... Why???

Seriously, one of the worst things about Marvel/DC is the constant resets so that nothing ever changes, if something does change it happens again slightly different in 3 issues, and also how would you like to re-read all the same plotlines again and again every reboot?

Fuck. The. Cosmic. Reset. Button. It's the laziest literary device ever.
    No one is saying "use it to get out of writing a decent story". I am saying "in case of emergency/human extinction/mass extinction, hit the panic button" and then have all the bad stuff go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Ditto. This kind of one thing that invalidates everything gimmick is always the worst thing about DC/marvel books, damn it's so dumb. Not only that, having something or someone that could wipe away everything just shits on nasu's theme of 'Fuck yeah humanity, carving our own path!!' so much and just makes every work meaningless.
    What if humanity are the ones with the button and they choose to use it to get rid of all the nasties in one go?

inb4 "Humanity, Fuck Yeah!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    That's my issue with it! How are you going to establish who's the "boss of all bosses" if you don't use a yardstick which goes "do not exceed this power level" and then use that guy to say "if everything went to Earthbound/Cthulhu level shit, call this guy" to the audience.

The issue is essentially that if mankind screws up, they are fucked and also, that they can't understand how things truly are.

No one is saying "use it to get out of writing a decent story". I am saying "in case of emergency/human extinction/mass extinction, hit the panic button" and then have all the bad stuff go away.

What if humanity are the ones with the button and they choose to use it to get rid of all the nasties in one go?

This has nothing in relation to how TM tends to write stories.

Blog Entries
    imagine thinking the problem with TM is that it insufficiently resembles mahvel lol
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Cosmic reset things are trash unless the story is explicitly built around it thematically and it as a big point, or the point. Like mythology, imo.

Blog Entries
    there is no such thing as a 'cosmic reset', precisely because there is no such thing as a 'fictional cosmos'. they exist only on the level of marketing. a 'cosmic reset' is a marketing tool. it says to you: don't buy those old things, buy this new thing.

(why?)

because those old things now arbitrarily don't count, while the new thing does.

(what do you mean they don't count?)

meaning they're not real.

(but i have the old things right here)

no you don't. and even if you do, everyone else is buying the new thing now. so you'd better buy it too or you'll be left behind.

(why are they buying it?)

because they want the real stuff.

(what makes the new thing any more 'real' than the old stuff?)

because we say so.

(what does it mean that you say so?)

it means we put a stamp on the thing which says it's OUR THING, and that makes it more real than if it didn't have the stamp.

(but the old things had the stamp too.)

well now we're taking the stamp off them. now buy the new thing retard. stop asking questions.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Of course, they'll also just stuff all the old stories into new covers and sell that, so get that as well consumers.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

There‘s so much wrong in this one post i can‘t even.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there is no such thing as a 'cosmic reset', precisely because there is no such thing as a 'fictional cosmos'. they exist only on the level of marketing. a 'cosmic reset' is a marketing tool. it says to you: don't buy those old things, buy this new thing.
    look, it may be inelegant, but I dare you to come up with a better plan to sell the same shit again and again, year after year
    don't quote me on this

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    look, it may be inelegant, but I dare you to come up with a better plan to sell the same shit again and again, year after year
    Well, Nasu went with "lol it's another timeline". Is that better or worse to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there is no such thing as a 'cosmic reset', precisely because there is no such thing as a 'fictional cosmos'
    I don't think "cosmic resets" are more or less real than any other story element.
    Last edited by Herod; June 4th, 2020 at 10:06 AM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

I am saying "in case of emergency/human extinction/mass extinction, hit the panic button" and then have all the bad stuff go away.

Hello can I introduce you to this little concept called timeline pruning and its existence within the nasuverse for the past 4 years, which is exactly this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I mean sometimes a cosmic reset doesn't make the old thing go away.

Look at Warhammer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Old World had literally exploded, and the Age of Sigmar is happening thousands (millions?) years after this. Sure some people sort of survived the whole ordeal but everything else had gone away.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 4th, 2020 at 07:21 PM.

I'm talking about how they brought back original warhammer as a product too.

Abhorrant Ghoul Kings are cool tho.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    This has nothing in relation to how TM tends to write stories.
    There are at least three different writers, so I'm pretty sure it's a very loose narrative until Nasu tries to tie things together (and Steve Jobs would have his head for the way he's going through with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    There‘s so much wrong in this one post i can‘t even.
    That's because you're reading it wrong. I'm not asking for The Heart of the Universe of the Nasuverse, I'm calling for a TOAA equivalent that is sentient and has full will and can go "whatever I say goes, no exceptions" and can do so at will, whenever he/she wants, wherever they are and however they want, with no restrictions.

Essentially, Nasu never gave an in-universe character the keys to the castle to lord over his cosmos as a capital G God is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Of course, they'll also just stuff all the old stories into new covers and sell that, so get that as well consumers.
    I mean, DxD did this and voila, it breathed "new" life into an old franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Well, Nasu went with "lol it's another timeline". Is that better or worse to you?
    Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Hello can I introduce you to this little concept called timeline pruning and its existence within the nasuverse for the past 4 years, which is exactly this?
    I don't think a mechanic is what I'm describing, though it's a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean sometimes a cosmic reset doesn't make the old thing go away.

Look at Warhammer.
    Which is why I'm not talking about a cosmic reset, but the head honcho of the Nasuverse. The guy even Tiamat and the Alien God has to answer to

That's because you're reading it wrong. I'm not asking for The Heart of the Universe of the Nasuverse, I'm calling for a TOAA equivalent that is sentient and has full will and can go "whatever I say goes, no exceptions" and can do so at will, whenever he/she wants, wherever they are and however they want, with no restrictions.
    I don't see the problem, real life universe is working fine without such a character.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No, i'm saying THAT is the worst thing ever. It's just such an unneeded concept that i sincerely wish it never even crosses nasu's mind.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Essentially, Nasu never gave an in-universe character the keys to the castle to lord over his cosmos as a capital G God is supposed to.
    No one is misunderstanding it, it's just a terrible idea. I don't even get why you'd want that.