Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Magus 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    points were already made. Cant add to them. Dont ask me for advice, because I never posted a mage.
    Ah, got it.

"On what principle does the architect, when he finds the house standing before him correspondent with his inner ideal of a house, pronounce it beautiful? Is it not that the house before him, the stones apart, is the inner idea stamped upon the mass of exterior matter, the indivisible exhibited in diversity."
    -Plotinus

A Clamor

She liked the rain best when it was a drizzle.

Steady, even rainfall that cleansed with the same hand that stirred the earth into sticky mud.

The kind of weather that kept most indoors, staring ruefully out at a world temporarily disintegrated into a pallet of blues and grays.

A fleeting transformation, tricking the mind into believing the world ends where the first light hits ghostly fog.

Lights flash by as she walks, but they only belong to the odd bicyclist. They all wear helmets.

She has no such protection from the rain.

She discovered something bordering on the spiritual about it recently. The fresh water washed her as it chilled her, leaving behind plumes of arcing dragon’s breath with each step.

Closing her eyes, she shuts out everything but the feeling of her hair being plastered to her skull. In time, perhaps, the rain will slough this from her bones, leaving nothing but the curves of her milk-white bones to carry water.

She thinks to herself it must be beautiful, the sight of rain filling the empty eyes of her skull until the sky’s own tears spill out.

A tasteful arrangement in white, set against a flesh canvas, still wet with paint. There could be value in something like that.

Water gathered in the angles of her earrings, coalescing into fat drops that moved them slightly with the weight of their departure. It made her feel like a weathervane, or a set of windchimes–calmly tinkling even standing still.

She found it pleasant, for whatever reason.

The rain carried no obligations, nor did it ask any from anyone else. If it got in anyone’s way, it politely flowed around them. The only imposition the rain made on anything was making it wet for a time, a request that most felt was reasonable enough.

It had been a few days since she’d last visited it. Her treasure.

The weather hadn’t called for this much rain; a part of her wondered if it might be destroyed by the time she got to it. Wondered. Not worried.

It was a tenuous existence already, getting bent out of shape about something like that didn’t strike her as especially prudent.

Even so, she picked up the pace.

A few minutes later, she broke into a small clearing between the fir trees, her fashionable walking shoes squelching with frigid water and mud between her toes. She didn’t care.

It was still there, thankfully. Swelling groundwater had turned the surrounded earth almost purely into sucking mud, but still it stood.

Two pieces of aluminum pole, stuck together at an odd angle. The anchor piece was about a meter long, stuck into the mud at a precise 45 degree angle. The other piece laid on top of it was also about a meter in length, but ended in a flared fin of heavy metal that twisted upon itself cruelly. She thought it might have once been part of a highway guardrail.

The two pieces were attached in such a way as to give the barest idea of the letter “x,”or perhaps a leaning cross.

To the untrained eye, it looked like a particularly brutalist piece of modern art, and nothing more.

She knew better.

A piece with a top so heavy would need a counterweight to prevent collapse.

There wasn’t one.

The angle would also necessitate strategic welds to keep it together in the first place.

There weren’t any.

But there it stood, truth contained within its form. No, it didn’t contain truth, it was truth. The unlikely, held together by the bond that tied them, simply because it existed.

It was comforting, at the same time that it was oppressively alien.

Something self-evident. Something she could point to and declare as abject reality.

Something to prove that she wasn’t losing her mind.

Jordan Ulla-Raimanov

(https://twitter.com/9baMelo/status/1604422493942321152)
    Basic Info

Name Jordan Ulla-Raimanov
    Alias: Queen of Beasts
    Birthday: December 11
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 130lbs

Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Affiliation:Hinterkaifeck Internat Student / Staff
    Voice:Yoko Hikasa
    Theme: Anima Mala

Personal Attributes

Dislikes: Books with obvious endings, uniforms
    Talents: Art history, matchmaking
    Enemy: Baudrillard

Magic Attributes

Origin: Pushing & Pulling
    Element: Earth
    Crest Location: N/A
    Circuit Quantity / Quality: E/E
    Circuit Composition: Normal (Unawakened)

Profile:

Born to a German father and Iranian mother, Jordan grew up in Odesa, Ukraine, due to her father’s job as a carpenter. With her mother working a clerical position for a local university, Jordan grew up in a loving environment, even if her family struggled for money sometimes. Spending much of her time as a child at her father’s heel in his workshop instilled in the young girl a respect for hard work and a love for woodworking. This love developed into an encompassing passion for architecture as a whole; Jordan finding herself wandering the streets of Odesa with a disposable camera as she grew up, taking picture after picture of Odesa’s unique Greek-inspired buildings.

Desiring to go to one of Europe’s many prestigious architecture schools when she graduated from primary school, Jordan made few lasting friendships growing up. Though her family couldn’t afford the best, it was eventually decided Jordan would attend a boarding school in her father’s native Germany that had a high rate of matriculation into ETH Zurich–renowned for its architecture program.

Before sending her off, her parents warned her that it would be difficult for the family to visit each other, between constant busy schedules and the need to allocate any extra money to necessities. The possibility was very real that Jordan wouldn’t see her parents until she graduated from her boarding school in several years.

Understanding the risks, Jordan stood resolute. She loved her parents, but this was something she had to do as her own person in order to grow.

Hinterkaifeck Internat was not what she expected. Rather, it’d be more appropriate to say it wasn’t what she wanted. While the grounds were beautiful, yes, with a picturesque fountain in the middle of the campus courtyard and neatly trimmed hedge walls to afford a measure of privacy, Jordan still found herself restless and uncomfortable.

It was the people.

Though Hinterkaifeck Internat was indeed a school that valued diligence as part of its acceptance process, these kinds of students didn’t necessarily pay the bills. Jordan therefore found herself surrounded at an unfortunately high ratio by the children of business magnates, minor celebrities, and people otherwise from another realm of reality to her own. People whose parents wanted the school’s brand recognition without the effort.

Constant, venomous disgust with the people around her extended to every other facet of her life.

What was wrong with her?

The bullying was never overt. It didn’t need to be when half of it was all in her head. Whispers just out of earshot. Girls switching to a language she didn’t understand as she passed by. Genuinely acting as though the girl didn't exist.

For the longest time, Jordan’s weekly calls with her parents were the only things keeping her going. She filled her schedule as full as possible, hoping to stave off the awkward loneliness with classes and activities. Anything to keep the stares and oppressive silence in her mind at bay.

One of the ways she kept busy was to keep track of the native bird population around the campus, feeding them when she could. Sparrows. Owls. Cranes. She found herself enamored with them all, especially watching them in flight.

Individuals with their own thought processes and feelings, histories, and dreams, but while in the air they moved as if part of a single organism.

Her favorite were the rooks. They would hang around on the courtyard fountain, cawing the hours away at girls that got too close. They seemed adamant about defending what they thought of as theirs, which Jordan found admirable as well as humorous.

During the winter of her final year, the weather was so violent that it cut power to the phone lines for two weeks. Day after day, Jordan wandered the frigid halls like a ghost, waiting for the snow to melt. Repairs were slow in coming, so she took to caring for the birds more than usual.

It was one day during the phone outage, she was spreading seed for the flock of rooks by the fountain when a group of girls walked by, talking just loud enough to be overhead. About her.

“There’s that freak again.”

Freak?

The rooks scattered when she dropped the bag of seed. Dark splashes of paint lifting themselves off of the fountain and into the air, cawing uproariously.

And then the screaming started.

Rooks fell to earth with soft thumps, their fragile bodies exploding into macabre statements of blood and feathers. The girls fled, but Jordan stayed. She was transfixed. Here was what she assumed to be natural perfection, found lacking. If that was the case, then nothing was truly beyond inquisition.

Something snapped in her that day.

No longer would she be demure. No longer would she accept what she found unacceptable. She would seize what she wanted, by any means necessary.

She never did call her parents again. With nowhere else to go, she was allowed to stay at the Internat as a sort of dorm mother in-training. There she remains to this day, a monstrous queen tightening her grip on her personal domain inch by inch.

Abilities:

Biomagnetism

A form of specialized autopsychokinesis that focuses on manipulation of the body’s own magnetic field. A psychic ability that manifests not only as a channel within the brain, but occurs unconsciously throughout the body in places such as the nerves as a form of radiation. Originally considered a form of ergokinesis–or the psychic control of energy–Jordan’s form of psychic power remains in the realm of a physical system, as magnetism is not a true source of energy but rather a force generated in matter.

Practical scientific studies of practitioners of external chi emission have documented increased gauss units in biomagnetic field strength than normal. This generates curious evidence that some forms of magecraft generate their own magnetic field.

Biomagnetism is commonly associated with spiritual healing in both the magical and mundane worlds. Electromagnetic waves are applied to illness with the aim of triggering a positive response from the patient's cells, essentially tricking the body into healing itself. Jordan has no talent in this particular field, to the point where it could almost be assumed her ability is in some way fundamentally different.

Jordan's true talent lies in "bonding." The demand made to the universe itself to hold everything at once in her hands. But these hands will never hold anything. Not really. What orbits a cold star will never touch it, that is simply the logic of nature.

Jordan is thus able to influence magnetic fields of objects and living beings to pull towards her, as well as spreading this bond to connect two unrelated entities. As an example, she can "bond" a mouse's magnetic field to her own to create a kind of pseudo-familiar, as well as forcing two pieces of metal to bond together when they otherwise wouldn't, as well as any combination in between–within reason.

Jordan also possesses the ability to forcibly repel magnetic fields around her as well, conceptualized as the "lack of a bond" rather than actual inverted polarity. In some ways, she's even more talented with this specialized application of her ability than what she is normally capable of.

Because of the immense strain an increased magnetic field puts on Jordan’s mind and body, her body subcontracts the functions of different aspects inherent to magnetism to different parts of the body for practicality. Sub-divided into three, each is related to and governed by one of the three sources of magnetism found within the body.

• Vijñaptimātra: Rūpaloka. The World of Forms. This sub-system is headquartered in the outer nervous system (arms, legs) and governs all magnetic contaminants and naturally occurring sources of magnetic material inside the body. Sodium. Potassium. Iron. Copper. Zinc. Calcium. Cobalt. Using the metals in her blood and skeletal structure as a focus, Jordan forces similar metals in the outer environment to be attracted or repelled from her. Potentially the most enduring of her abilities, as she's found it easiest to spread her magnetic bond among metals, with the prerequisite of physical contact. The metallic sculpture she left in the woods is her personal record at holding for 34 hours and 5 minutes.

• Vijñaptimātra: Kāmaloka. The World of Cognition. This sub-system is headquartered in the brain and governs all responsive molecular components found in the body. The seat of magnetoreception, the sense found in almost all organisms to detect Earth's magnetic field. She has the easiest time with birds, or fish if she happens to be near water. Other animals within her purview include some arthropods, molluscs, reptiles, amphibians, and some mammals. It's this ability that earned her the title of Queen of Beasts. Ordinarily, humans are noticeably absent from this list. Only with extreme mental effort on Jordan's part is she able to influence the thought processes of another human. Jordan temporarily displaces an animal's sense for Earth's magnetic field, replacing it with her own. She thus becomes "the Earth" to them, something to be respected and obeyed. A more esoteric use of biomagnetism.
    • Vijñaptimātra: Arūpaloka. The World of Formlessness. This sub-system is headquartered in the heart and governs electrical currents associated with the movement of ions in liminal body tissue. Specifically, this aspect relates to magic circuits. An ability not yet awakened, but one potentially similar to a certain hero converting his nerves into magic circuits. The manipulation of a divine magnetism, couldn't that be called the same as "fate"?

I'm gonna keep it a stack, I don't miss having to wrangle with BBCode all the time.
    That being said, might as well ring in the new thread with something from the archives. Good practice if MCaM is coming back.
    Last edited by Bugs; March 14th, 2023 at 12:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    I really like this. Also, hey, chainsaw man pfp

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I will attempt to do one.
    I'll probably wait for the contest revival though so I have a prompt to guide me.
    A good starting prompt I personally recommend is to just pick one among the 12 Clock Tower Departments and start brainstorming from there.

Kamera: what a weird sheet. Thelema and magecraft based on rocket science and quantum physics. The weird part is, it is a current mystery to the common public so some weird stuff might actually be possible, but still. strange, but the character itself is fun.
    The weirdest thing is that it is, in fact, quite real
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_P...9%E2%80%931942

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit Bugs comeback is real
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    And with a Psychic too... I've been trying to temper my expectations about a renaissance, but with a re-entrance like that, I don't think I even can anymore.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    also goddamnit I really want to see a DelRey/pinetree/WhiteFrezy/BnEl magus
    Aw, I'm honored. Being a (usually) story guy rather than a concept guy, writing mages is just a different world compared to Servants, but I'll keep this place in mind if I ever have any ideas I'd like to explore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Jordan Ulla-Raimanov
    I really love the one-shot manga vibe this gives off. Delightful read.

If I had to say something more, it's that it feels like a prologue to something. I would love a little more narrative about her life following The Psychic Incident. Another little nitpick is that her psychic skills being labeled with Buddhist term. Might be fitting for KnK where the focus is psychic abilities, but it's only because the setting is Japan. IDK, maybe considering you had to brought up her unique upbringing, maybe adapting a Zoroastrian or Christian viewpoint might fit her better?

I really love the one-shot manga vibe this gives off. Delightful read.

If I had to say something more, it's that it feels like a prologue to something. I would love a little more narrative about her life following The Psychic Incident. Another little nitpick is that her psychic skills being labeled with Buddhist term. Might be fitting for KnK where the focus is psychic abilities, but it's only because the setting is Japan. IDK, maybe considering you had to brought up her unique upbringing, maybe adapting a Zoroastrian or Christian viewpoint might fit her better?
    Fair on both counts tbh.
    "One-shot" is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of the thought process that went into her, as "random KnK villain" was essentially my personal prompt. Shiki would hear about a weird school in the middle of nowhere, Europe, bada bing bada boom.
    As for the Buddhist conception of ESP, I'll admit I pretty much stole from how FGO conceptualizes it with Shiki/Fujino. The Triloka was just a convenient sorting system, if anything.

Appreciate the read

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Aw, I'm honored. Being a (usually) story guy rather than a concept guy, writing mages is just a different world compared to Servants, but I'll keep this place in mind if I ever have any ideas I'd like to explore.
    wait...didnt we have the same conversation before, implying we would be able to form one mage together, combining our powers?!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Mage Foundation is servant sheets. Through fanfiction they can alter the power of heroes.

Blog Entries
    regarding the psychic, i echo what Kamera said. Good read, but the setting feels off with the naming convention. Does the clock tower determine the categorization as such? Then you could save it and say thats the technical description she wasnt aware of herself.

Also:
    The bullying was never overt. It didn’t need to be when half of it was all in her head. Whispers just out of earshot. Girls switching to a language she didn’t understand as she passed by. Genuinely acting as though the
    it ends abruptly.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Isn't that intentional?

Have I been reading too much Dullahan?

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

regarding the psychic, i echo what Kamera said. Good read, but the setting feels off with the naming convention. Does the clock tower determine the categorization as such? Then you could save it and say thats the technical description she wasnt aware of herself.

Also:
    it ends abruptly.
    The Clock Tower has nothing to do with psychics. Not sure why this was brought up.
    But you caught me on that abrupt ending, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Isn't that intentional?

Have I been reading too much Dullahan?
    That's because virtually every single Psychics we've seen in TM canon comes from Kara no Kyoukai, and for some reason Nasu terms their psychic abilities with Buddhist theology concepts (see the FGO NP names lol). We'd have yet to see if a psychic from suburban Ukraine would also have their power being described in sanskrit or not.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wait...didnt we have the same conversation before, implying we would be able to form one mage together, combining our powers?!
    Huh, come to think of it, you may be right. Feel free to hit me up anytime you have a mage idea.

Blog Entries
    That's because virtually every single Psychics we've seen in TM canon comes from Kara no Kyoukai, and for some reason Nasu terms their psychic abilities with Buddhist theology concepts (see the FGO NP names lol). We'd have yet to see if a psychic from suburban Ukraine would also have their power being described in sanskrit or not.
    I meant the sentence structure don't worry

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The awakenimg of her origin makes me question how the origin actually awakens. And it does not appear that she becomes a slave to it either, at least that is what i thought would happen if one awakens.

Another general question that popped up in my head is: she uses her powdered ribs as weapons due to them vöcarring her origin outside the body. If she were to receive a rib transplant or any other, would the origin carry over to the new body part? Like some kind of manufactory?

Else that is a fine sheet as far as Im concerned
    I was careful to say "manifested" rather than "awakened". Claira hasn't awakened her Origin like Lio, she's just drawn some power from it like Shirou's UBW. And thanks for the feedback.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    also goddamnit I really want to see a DelRey/pinetree/WhiteFrezy/BnEl magus
    Ask and you shall receive.
    ...In a few days if everything goes smoothly, that is.

Okay, so I'm a magi noob. I've barely watched El-Melloi Cases, I know virtually nothing of the intricacies of the mages' world other than the Mage's Association exists and those really basic informations you read at the wikia when you want to take a shot at creating a human just to overwhelm yourself with all those weird terms and concepts and give up. So you'll have to forgive me if my comments aren't technical or anything, I'm really going with vibes here. I apologize.

That being said, I'm so beyond proud of everyone who's coming back to grace us with bangers and those who are new to this world like I am and are trying their best. Every mage in the other thread was already a delight, but these? You can just feel the renewed passion behind them... As a wise member of this forum said, I believe in our renassaince.

Claira Fortitudina: Oh Royd, you're like a mother's hug, that thing you know it'll be comforting and familiar. Your Servants are always good, but who knew you can also create such compelling mages. (I KNEW I KNEW.) I mean, look at this! I know of Noel's lore just as much as I know of rocket science but damn if you're so good that even a noob like me still can appreciate the parallels between these two. That story goes so hard, the mental image of a girl full of bite marks in the middle of ashes is so metal. You were truly inspired. Also, she has Jacob's Limbs. Expect a visit from Leah in the future. With a poisoned apple on hand.

Charlotte Lovelace: Ay yea, I could feel the yabai vibes as soon as the sheet started. And that only made me fall more in love. Her dedication to her craft... To the point that she's no longer even human, one might add... Is truly inspiring, in lack of a better word. I love everything about this girl, truly, I can't describe in better terms than these. I also have to add that I'm always in awe about how you're so creative with everything you decide to create so I'm definitely stealing some tips from these sheet of yours.

Sigurd Sigorros: Sometimes you dream of a peaceful life or of a 50% sale on PlayStation Store and sometimes you dream of becoming the Allfather. As one should. I like the concept behind this sheet - I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT PLOTTWIST - but I also echo the sentiment that a mage, as a OC, requires a bit more of cooking than a Servant. Her sheet is not lacking, this ain't the word I'm searching for, but definitely could use more prose to flesh out her character... Even though that would be dangerous, because she's already so amusing like this. I love her.

Jordan Ulla-Raimanov: Bugs, holy shit. I bow to your talent, I wanna drink from your creative juices, I want like 1% of this holy light. Can I just say that this is peak kino? Absolute perfection? Talented? Brilliant? Incredible? Amazing? Showstopping? Spectacular? Never the same? Totally unique? Completely not ever been done beforOKAY YOU GET THE GIST. Like, this is truly what a mage sheet should be about... It has the meat, it has the character, it has a whole-ass journey... I'm already afraid of your prowess if we ever get MCaM back. You'll sweep.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; March 14th, 2023 at 04:32 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    “Hey, have you heard of voices recorded to be lost?
    No? An expected answer. But I can guarantee you, you
    have heard of it before.”

(Image CV: Maria Naganawa)

Personal Information:
    Name
    Marcheline "Archie" Links
    Nationality
    United States
    Birthdate
    August 7th
    Height/Weight
    5.05 ft/ 119.02 lbs
    Alignment
    Lawful Neutral

Magical Attributes and Information:
    Affiliation
    US government
    Origin
    -
    Attribute
    Water
    Circuit Quality
    C
    Circuit Quantity
    D
    Composition
    Normal

Profile:
    Just like many American magi, the Links were trying to establish their research independent from the Association, not agreeing with their way of thinking. The Links is a family of magi that researched the truth behind the language of gods, the Divine Words. For centuries they have been researching to make humans capable of such language, researching many ancient civilizations and their worships all over the world. But just like how it is supposed to be, the language of gods is no longer accessible in the world of men. Their research was unable to achieve anything, and the government considered cutting off their financial backing.

Enter Marcheline “Archie” Links, the 8th scion of her family, she is considered a rising genius among American magi. And a single idea of hers revolutionized their way of thinking, turning the overlooked Links family into the center of attention.

“We don’t need to research the word of the gods in the world of men in the first place. Expand your thinking, dad.”

“Yes, there is one ‘civilization’ that still exists since the Age of Gods, no, being gods themselves. ‘Races’ that are no different than our own but their physiology, ‘people’ that can rival humanity if they are blessed with a pair of arms. Yes, I’m talking about Delphinidae, those cute dolphins.”

Enter whale worship, which turned whales as gods in many religions. Many of Native American beliefs, such as the Nazca, worshipped orca as travel deities that protected sailors on the sea. The Tlingit believed that orcas are demigods that birthed from yellow cedar. An East African legend tells the story of King Solomon meeting a gluttonous whale that is capable of devouring thousands of people. Some cultures such as Vietnamese and Japanese even have a whale god, like the deity Ebisu.

Knowledge also has come far. From mistaken marine mammals as fish to understanding that whales are capable of communicating verbally and have their own society. The advance of science which normally weakens Mystery, ironically becomes the link they needed to perfect their magecraft.

“Man speaks human language, gods speak divine words. If whales are gods, then whalesong is a divine language.”

But of course, new problems arise. How can humans do a whalesong, humans are physically incapable of that. And another, of course, was not a problem for her.

“The answer is we don’t.”

Instead, she created a machine that is capable of producing sounds with the same frequency as whalesong. But a machine is naturally lacking Mystery. To compensate for that, she created a cyborg out of whales and dolphins, retaining their shape that has been worshipped for centuries by the Innuit (as the Innuit brings orca figurines to hunt as a good luck charm). And thus, a mechanized, Mystic Code-Familiar hybrid that is capable of speaking the “language of gods'' was invented.

As far as the world of magecraft is concerned, Archie hasn't done any crime. Her invention was honest, not even participating in a single drop of magi politics, but that’s what makes her dangerous. The magi of the Wandering Seas, authentic and antique magi that are capable of using Magecraft from the Age of God, feel threatened by her invention. They fear that her inventions will weaken the already non-existent Mystery from the Age of God, they fear her finding will destroy their own Magecraft.

And thus, she unknowningly makes an enemy to the most ancient magi alive, in which it seems to boost her ego more than anything...

Character:
    A petite young woman with a know-it-all attitude.

The kind of person that puts too much on her thoughts to the point of inaction. A genius that often over-analyses and over-explains subjects that she knows of, sometimes blabbing out knowledge that normally one requires to pay a fortune for free. However, the way she explains things can be irritating to others, because she tends to use patronizing tones regardless if she tried to offend someone or not.

“You are missing the point here”, “are we on the same page now?”, “it’s simple, can’t you see it?”, “listen, Frank, I want you to pay attention”, “I’m sure everyone follows, yes?”, etc.

If being pointed out about this behavior, she will be stunned, think hard about that conversation, and epicly miss the point.

“Perhaps I am explaining this too fast…”, “next time, I will be more patient with him.” Her social skill is almost zero.

With her recent manhunt, she concludes that people are envious of her gifted mind, and they wanted to remove an unbeatable genius from the competition.

That’s not exactly it… but ignorance is bliss.

Magecraft:
    Divine Words Listener
    The magecraft the Links family practiced is a form of Modern Magecraft similar to the Norwich Faculty, Chaos Magic. A haphazard formula that only takes the desired part of many Mysteries and creates their own brand from it. The Links researched the entire world in pursuit to achieve Divine Words for their own, but the only thing they were able to achieve is to pinpoint what words are divine and what is not, which is not very useful in most cases. However, if the Divine Words can be understood and directed, even if it's impossible for human to speak it, one can add meanings to the words and actualize them as a spell.

The whalesong Divine Words is simply something that Archie decided to focus on, as it is the only Divine Words they are realistically able to achieve.

Divine Words Listener - Whalesong
    A magecraft that incorporates all the legends of whale worship, focusing only on the divine aspect of the whale. By themselves, it is not a reliable magecraft as a human being in the modern era simply can’t... whalespeaks. To access her spells, she must have access to her most powerful Mystic Code-Familiar hybrid - Akhluvie.

0.1 - 40kHz Akhluvie (from the Inuit deity Akhlut and anchovy)

A Mystic Code-slash-Familiar. The creator’s poor sense of naming aside, it is the reason why Archie is recognized as a genius. Its appearance invokes an orca, based on the Inuit beliefs to bring orca figurines for divine protection. Its main usage is to send out a specific frequency of sounds, particularly whale songs, to access the language of gods. It is made with various parts that are expensive to gather, but the hardest parts to get is a fresh corpse of a whale. Its default setting allows her to send out a barrage of shockwaves that almost rival the age of god barrages.
    • 0.8 - 4kHz Paikea
      Man and whale as one, transforming Akhluvie into powered armor. It is named after Paikea (lit: humpback whale), the ancestor of the people of Cook Island. It raises one’s offensive and defensive capabilities, and is able to channel its energy into a concentration of super powerful shockwaves. In summary, a cool beam.
    • 0.02-20kHz Saburo
      Transforming Akhluvie into a sword that is able to vibrate in a microsecond, increasing its cutting power. It is named after Ebisu Saburo, one of the Seven Lucky Gods of Japan, a fisherman deity that is a part whale.
    • 0.02-19kHz Tyrol
      Akhluvie transforms into a sphere and shrouds Archie from harm. Named after the Tyrol region in Austria, which has a legend, if a sunbeam were to fall on a maiden entering womanhood, she would be carried away in the belly of a whale.
    • 0.016-0.04kHz Langreyour
      Icelandic for fin whales. It is a command to fire energy orbs that explode after a few seconds, like grenades. It is based on Icelandic legend of a man throwing a rock at a whale to its blowhole, causing the whale to burst. But as a retaliation, the man is cursed by the whale for 20 years.
    • 0.052kHz Leviathan
      A command to turn Akhluvie into a powerful, all-sucking whirlpool. Based on African legend of a whale that terrorized King Solomon's reign and was capable of devouring thousands of people.
    • 0kHz Kelpie
      A drone-like Mystic Code named after the mythological kelpie, shaped like a black seahorse. A failed experiment on reaching the realm of the gods through animals, but Archie realized half way through that seahorses lacked the intellect to be able to converse, unlike whales. While it is capable of firing water bullets, its main asset is to detect malevolent intent and danger within a medium radius, from the legend that kelpies are used to scare children away from dangerous stretches of water. Unlike Akhluvie, Kelpies are easily made with materials available.
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 18th, 2024 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nice. Another member of the American Cyborg magus association