Page 519 of 615 FirstFirst ... 19419469509514517518519520521524529569 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Droid4x or Genymotion.

Blog Entries
    Bluestacks works fine, thanks
    I like the new layout, I'll try inserting English scripts when I have some time.
    It seems the phone version has a wide screen feature that just cuts the image. Maybe that's why they introduced high res graphics :P

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    It seems the phone version has a wide screen feature that just cuts the image. Maybe that's why they introduced high res graphics :P
    Uhhh, that's totally the same feature the Vita version had. So no, that's not really "why" they introduced high-res graphics.

Most importantly, does the widescreen crop feature properly support aspect ratios other than 16:9, such as 16:10 and 3:2/15:10?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

More importantly, they haven't accidentally lost proper support for 4:3 somewhere along the way, have they?

[Please keep in mind this was a joke. I just realized I was replying to the person who always takes takes my jokes seriously after writing it. While there may be some small possibility that in remaking the interface they could lose something like that, the idea is just stupid when you realize that iPads are 4:3.]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Uhhh, that's totally the same feature the Vita version had. So no, that's not really "why" they introduced high-res graphics.

Most importantly, does the widescreen crop feature properly support aspect ratios other than 16:9, such as 16:10 and 3:2/15:10?
    No sure? I guess the best way to know would be to check the resolution of the supported devices. If one of them have 16:10 then I guess the answer would be yes.
    Maybe I could test it if I changed the screen res in BlueStacks, but since it's not a proper emulator (just an app runner) I'm not sure that's how the game would behave IRL.

Maybe I could test it if I changed the screen res in BlueStacks, but since it's not a proper emulator (just an app runner) I'm not sure that's how the game would behave IRL.
    Well I have some experience with BlueStacks, and as we all know my CRT lets me run at practically any resolution and aspect ratio below 2048x1152, so I could totally try it out myself. The only issue is that I have no idea how to get Realta Nua into BlueStacks since, the last time I used it, the only way would have been to download it within BlueStacks itself (whether via an Android app store or via an Android web browser).

This does make me think though - I wonder if it would be possible to port the widescreen cropping functionality to the PC version? If so, it'd be most optimal to just make it be a variable crop that just uses 16:9 ratios as the maximum and then for taller aspect ratios it just shows more of the cropped-off area.
    Last edited by NM64; June 6th, 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I was thinking of porting that functionality to PC for better playing experience in full screen.
    BTW, I noticed there's a branch of krkrz for using lanczos scaling algorithm. Would you recommend using it instead of cubic interpolation for upscaling game images?

About the android (and ios) version, if anyone wanna see that coming out I'll need some help. Basically repacking all the scripts and inserting them to BlueStacks would be hell for testing things. I need to find a way for (1) customizing the data directory and (2) have the game read directly from the folder instead of having to repack every time.
    Unfortunately doing this stuff is beyond my level atm, so if anyone out there think they can help, that would be most appreciated.

Still nobody figured how to make properly .obb files for Android version?

BTW, I noticed there's a branch of krkrz for using lanczos scaling algorithm. Would you recommend using it instead of cubic interpolation for upscaling game images?
    You weren't too clear, but I'm going to assume that cubic is what PC RN currently uses.

For the most part lanczos is definitely better, but the one exception is that when you get into large amounts of upscaling, the softer look of cubic can actually look better due to being less pixelated. However, since we're dealing with high-res 1280x960 images, lanczos should still look better for the most part.

Lanczos would also definitely look better on text (as I demonstrate below with some cropped screenshots I took a while back), but I wouldn't suppose that the text would actually be resolution independent like a true font and actually rendered separately from the background image, will it?

Default Realta Nua PC:

Lanczos (Lanczos3 via XnView):
    Last edited by NM64; June 7th, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

This is an awesome scaling algorithm, but probably too hard to use:
    https://github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x

Quote Originally Posted by ニサンカタンソ View Post
    This is an awesome scaling algorithm, but probably too hard to use:
    https://github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x
    AFAIK the only asset of this project is it's name.
    Nnedi3 should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by YamashitaRen View Post
    AFAIK the only asset of this project is it's name.
    In particular, that project requires an Nvidia GPU because it uses Nvidia's proprietary CUDA language rather than something vender-agnostic like OpenCL or even DirectCompute. Even then, there's no way for kirikiri to support such a thing (CUDA, OpenCL, or DirectCompute) without doing some serious heavy lifting to the engine backend.

Not only that, but it only works at 160% and 200% and not at the arbitrary resolutions that we need.

In the end it'd only be useful for offline rendering of content that doesn't exist in the iOS/Android version (fun fact - 160% is exactly the amount needed to upscale 800x600 to 1280x960, and 200% would be useful for PS2 art assets since they're designed for 640x480)

Quote Originally Posted by YamashitaRen View Post
    Nnedi3 should be better.
    But again, without proper GPU acceleration it'd be way too slow, making it only useful for offline rendering, and for that we have something better:

S-Spline Max (sharpness 100, everything else 0)

nnedi3:

If you can't see a difference, look closer at particularly the letters w and t, and also note the arrow to the right of "lightning."

EDIT 2: Did some testing of waifu2x and find it to be, on average, quite on-level with S-Spline Max. Waifu2x is crisper on high-contrast areas (like character faces), but S-Spline Max is crisper on softer, more gradient areas (like background environments). However, a big thing against waifu2x is that it has considerably more oversharpening artifacts than S-Spline Max @ 100 sharpness.

EDIT 3:
    Waifu2x @ 1.6x is definitely better than S-Spline Max @ 160%, but honestly S-Spline Max isn't that great unless you're working with 200% or more, and for sizes less than 200% with S-Spline Max it's actually quite a bit better to upscale to 2x of your final size and then downscale by 50%.

I also did another test using an overall softer image (but still a CG image with Saber), and honestly Waifu2x @ 2x and S-Spline Max @ 200% are definitely on par with each other - the difference between the two is so close that I'm not sure that most people would be able to tell a difference unless it was zoomed in, and even then some people still might not be able to see a difference.

EDIT 4: Just tested again with the CG from HF of Rider right before shooting off Bellerophon (you know, the CG right before this one), and yes the waifu2x was a bit crisper. However, the difference was small enough that, if I did not put the images in the exact same spot on my screen and switch between them, I honestly could not see a difference even when zoomed in 300% with nearest neighbor unless I looked specifically at an area where I knew I'd see a bit of a difference (thin lines are waifu2x's main strength).

EDIT 5: Interestingly enough, it seems like combining the upscaled images for waifu2x and S-Spline Max actually yields the best result. All I did was import both images as layers in Paint.NET and set the top layer to 50% transparency, flatten the image, and then export. The end result gives most of the improved crispness provided by waifu2x but with a good amount of the reduced oversharpening artifacts provided by S-Spline Max.
    Last edited by NM64; June 9th, 2015 at 06:32 AM.

I had port some patchs for English version from my Chinese patch.

Remade wakame patch:
    Yes, I had remake wakame patch, add 'Last Episode' if you have, remake the t_logo6 and add Outer Glow effect to looks like other logos.
    Preview:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fsnrn-en-wakame.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	12549
    https://mega.co.nz/#!DNUQVaiS!3ODb8L...MDdgHm_NAmx8Lw

Tokiomi's voice switch:
    From the whole story, I think the memory for Tohsaka Tokiomi from Tohsaka Rin has been very vague, so I added a voice switch for Tohsaka Tokiomi and this is off by default.

Name:	fsnrn-en-tokiomi.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	12550
    allpatch_tokiomi.zip

Fvorability Viewer patch:
    This patch will add a button in menu screen called 'Commune', if you click the button you will go to 'Fvorability Viewer'.
    You can see the main character's favorability for you in 'Fvorability Viewer'.

Name:	fsnrn-en-commune1.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	12552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fsnrn-en-commune2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	12551
    allpatch_favorability.zip

Enjoy ^_^

EDIT: An idea, maybe I can share all PSD by myself for FSN RN to help improve pictures' quality of this project.
    Last edited by Hintay; June 9th, 2015 at 06:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that! Hintay, I host a git repo for this project. Pm me your mail and I'll send you an invitation. I think it would be in the best of our interests of we work using a single code repository.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    koto, please include the wakame patch as default in your version
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I kinda like that favorability function. Being able to monitor the girls' affection levels towards you is cool. Then you'll know if you have enough points or not for upcoming scenes that require a certain amount.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Yeah, that way all the people who don't have all the affection modifiers memorized can do it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I kinda like that favorability function. Being able to monitor the girls' affection levels towards you is cool.
    ...oh, that's what it's supposed to do? I have to admit, it totally wasn't clear to me what the heck was being shown there.

Surely it can be done in a clearer manner.

I wouldn't imagine that it something to do with me being a native English (American) speaker, would it? (by comparison both Rokudaime and Hintay are non-native English speakers) I mean, the words "commune" doesn't even make sense to me in this context - wouldn't a better word be something like "Relationship"?
    Last edited by NM64; June 9th, 2015 at 11:12 PM.

Even if the contents of the screenshot weren't all that descriptive (which can easily be fixed simply by adding a title to the top of the background like basically all the other similar screens have [and using a gradual fill gauge rather than a single tick mark on an otherwise empty gauge where you have to guess which side is max and which is min might help, too...]), shouldn't the text right before it explaining what it did have sufficed for you to figure out what was going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odinyp View Post
    Any progress patching the mobile versions?
    P.S. I STILL definitely think this should get its own thread.
    P.P.S. to the person being quoted specifically: you must be new here. Prepare to have fun waiting for years for things to get released while everyone asks about the progress and wonders why things are moving slow not long at all after things start so there is no conceivable way there could be any significant progress yet.
    Last edited by XerBlade; June 9th, 2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinyp View Post
    And didn't Hintay show pics of some parts already translated?
    No?