Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

In the first place, this is just sprucing up fanon with the alien common sense angle, but since Shirou could pull off the Jeweled Sword even though it's alien to the point that it gives him an aneurysm just thinking about it, that won't fly.

Well, to entertain the thought, in Tsuki no Sango the elements mentioned also exist on Earth. Trees made of limestone, waifu made of silicon, ice in the atmosphere, etc. If we follow a train of thought that says human presence/common sense 'tinges' the elements or whatever, then that would also be the case for meteoric iron and whatnot that finds its way to the Earth and gets shaped by human hands, so nothing changes irw weapons that Shirou would try to replicate.

Blog Entries
    Also why would a meteor have different common sense? It's a meteor not a planet. There's no TYPE Meteor, Dartz, you're drunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, what if ORT is actually a comet and not from Mercury at all, explaining the crystal motif (=ice) and the name (ORT = Oort). And thus the doubt that it's actually Type Mercury in CM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Also why would a meteor have different common sense? It's a meteor not a planet. There's no TYPE Meteor, Dartz, you're drunk.
    Alien common sense of bacteria.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Nope, but I've never had to try. Also nope to the receiving end.
    we must get saved by the GO Saver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    deaddrunk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    In the first place, this is just sprucing up fanon with the alien common sense angle, but since Shirou could pull off the Jeweled Sword even though it's alien to the point that it gives him an aneurysm just thinking about it, that won't fly.

Well, to entertain the thought, in Tsuki no Sango the elements mentioned also exist on Earth. Trees made of limestone, waifu made of silicon, ice in the atmosphere, etc. If we follow a train of thought that says human presence/common sense 'tinges' the elements or whatever, then that would also be the case for meteoric iron and whatnot that finds its way to the Earth and gets shaped by human hands, so nothing changes irw weapons that Shirou would try to replicate.
    well silicon-chan is a human creation in some parts geared towards human needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Shiki can't kill stuff with alien concepts of death. This is because Shiki specifically understands our kind of death. This isn't some innate limitations of all human beings, it's just Shiki's own knowledge being limited.

ORT doesn't follow the same laws as Earth, so attacks based on those laws are ineffective on it. Cool.
    Actually ORT is immune to the MEoDP, which isn't the same as Shiki being unable to understand it.

A dense cloud of pollution would deny Arcueid all her powers.

(The above statement has exactly as much evidence behind it as your limitation on Shirou's ability.)
    Red herring. Totally different things. Since assuming Shirou could understand things not from Earth is a no limits fallacy.

He is highly specialized in understanding close combat weaponry and has a magic ability that does the scanning for him.
    Now that I remember, it was stated the Moon Cell had the materials that allowed for the reproduction of divine constructs as being the reason Archer could trace Excalibur. So, at the very least, they are not going to be able to reproduce anything with alien materials even if they could understand it (which I doubt).
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Now that I remember, it was stated the Moon Cell had the materials that allowed for the reproduction of divine constructs as being the reason Archer could trace Excalibur. So, at the very least, they are not going to be able to reproduce anything with alien materials even if they could understand it (which I doubt).
    Nuh-uh, it's not the materials, it's the conditions, and even those are "boosted" and not originally impossible.

Also, more importantly, wrought iron is most definitely not an alien material.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    EXTRAでは錬鉄の可能条件もアップするため、性能は劣るものの、聖剣クラスの投影も可能のようだ。
    wrought iron conditions are up.
    So nope. It's a ???? reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Nuh-uh, it's not the materials, it's the conditions, and even those are "boosted" and not originally impossible.

Also, more importantly, wrought iron is most definitely not an alien material.
    As an aside.
    tbh I think that's not supposed to be read as literally wrought iron and like tempering iron instead as a ?metaphor? for blacksmithing.
    Either way as you said it's the conditions that get boosted which may include materials but can include a lot of other stuff.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    well silicon-chan is a human creation in some parts geared towards human needs.
    aa, good point

oh and also
    There is no reason to assume space matter is made out of the same chemical elements found on Earth.
    but space matter is ether

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    "conditions" = "Nasu busy dying in Dark Souls"
    it's Bloodborne right now.

As an aside.
    tbh I think that's not supposed to be read as literally wrought iron and like tempering iron instead as a ?metaphor? for blacksmithing.
    Either way as you said it's the conditions that get boosted which may include materials but can include a lot of other stuff.
    Yeah tbh I have trouble parsing "the conditions for where wrought iron is possible", not to mention how a specific alloy figures into reproducing holy swords occasionally made of wishes, but hey that's the translation that's there to work with, I can only quote it enough that someone bothers to correct it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah tbh I have trouble parsing "the conditions for where wrought iron is possible", not to mention how a specific alloy figures into reproducing holy swords occasionally made of wishes, but hey that's the translation that's there to work with, I can only quote it enough that someone bothers to correct it.
    ha, so that's how arai or food made 可能条件 work in the sentence.
    I would have never thought of that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Umm, just to weigh in here. Even if the physical laws of a world differ cause of collective unconscious or whatever, there's no evidence to suggest the elements differ at all. Composition might change, people made of silicon and such as brought up, but Science is pretty sure that the majority of elements are already known to us because of the experiments we can do which relate to us the elements likely present at the Big Bang. Of course there's no guarantee we've discovered every element or alloy, but it's unlikely there's anything in our Solar System composed of elements that can't be found here on Earth.

While The composition of ORT's Crystal Valley might be 'alien' to us, and might abide different physical laws, from what I know, there's nothing saying the crystal isn't made of something simple like Quartz. It might be Quartz where the physical laws of Mercury state that 'Quartz naturally forms in the shape of the human phallus just to piss people off' for all I know, but it wouldn't differ at base from Quartz here on Earth. Similarly, its noted that ORT's shell is stronger, more flexible etc. than any material known on Earth, but for all we know, it's a Carbon based lifeform, that's just how Carbon exists on its planet.

On top of everything else, Zelretch's sword is called 'alien', but let's be honest, that doesn't literally mean from another world in this case. That could have connotations of 'other worldly' in a metaphoric sense or a very simple 'foreign' concept that Shirou doesn't understand. Which makes sense since this thing is basically a short cut into multi-dimensional physics whereas Shirou's understanding normally stops at the physical composition of a weapon.

There's no reason to assume that weapons from other worlds would be beyond Shirou based on their elemental composition or based on whatever physical laws those elements may have to abide, but by the construction or function of the item he's trying to duplicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what if ORT's crystal valley is actually made of saint quartz.

ha, so that's how arai or food made 可能条件 work in the sentence.
    I would have never thought of that.
    oh, so something like more potential means of production?

Blog Entries
    what if ORT's crystal valley is actually made of saint quartz.
    ... I chose Quartz cause it's a relatively common mineral and the first thing that popped into my head when I thought "Simple mineral", but now I'm just imagining Gudako in all her Cray Glory beating the tar outta ORT to raid his nest for Gachas.
    Galleries for Stuff

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh, so something like more potential means of production?
    yeah exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    ... I chose Quartz cause it's a relatively common mineral and the first thing that popped into my head when I thought "Simple mineral", but now I'm just imagining Gudako in all her Cray Glory beating the tar outta ORT to raid his nest for Gachas.
    pls put it in the TMwikia.

Blog Entries
    pls put it in the TMwikia.
    I thought we were trying to avoid misinformation? XD

Still, I might try to meme the crap outta this, ORT for Gachas or something.
    Galleries for Stuff