Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242969 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    How does it behave in your version and how is it supposed to behave without bug?
    Lines should be displayed:

“Itadakimasu.
    “Itadakimasu.”

But they are not output.
    They are visible only in history.
    Last edited by Dimoks; June 6th, 2022 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermario View Post
    "...This is not the sleep of death. This is a restful sleep, to recover the energy to wake up again."
    I couldn't get the error to trigger with the current version of patches in MEGA. If you are, in fact, up to date with your patches, it might trigger only with certain combinations of game flags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    They are visible only in history.
    I see. They do show, but only a fraction of a second, with the current version. Definitely a bug we need to fix.
    Thanks for reporting it!
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; June 6th, 2022 at 04:21 PM.

I just updated and now it's working fine, guess that's all I needed to do

This is a pretty minor one, but I can't get to play the classic "extra" music in EXTRA menu even when I set music to classic.

Hi there, is there some place where development for this occurs? A GitHub or Discord? I'm interested in contributing XInput controller support if indeed there are new builds of the engine being shipped alongside the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by playmer View Post
    Hi there, is there some place where development for this occurs? A GitHub or Discord? I'm interested in contributing XInput controller support if indeed there are new builds of the engine being shipped alongside the patch.
    We do have a Github and Discord, but it is for the game's scripts and not anything engine related.

We are simply using upstream Kirikiri Z for the patch. At the moment, we are not using any new build of the engine because it is not on feature parity with upstream Kirikiri Z.
    We'd like to use Kirikiri SDL2 eventually, but it is not on feature parity at the moment. It is missing some features to be useful (most notably plugin loading). I believe it has better support for controllers due to it using the SDL library.

Kirikiri Z already supports DirectInput, and we use its support in the patch.

Do you know which version of Kirikiri Z you're using? Latest commit on master? Or the released version from 2017? I understand DirectInput is there, but having XInput (or as mentioned, controller support done via SDL) would be much more ideal, and I'd be happy to contribute it.

I've played around some with KiriKiri SDL, but only got as far as getting the sample game running on Windows. I'm unfamiliar with the needs of the commercial games with regards to plugins so didn't get much farther. Seems like KiriKiri Z would be the easier engine to contribute this to for right now, once I can get a build running nicely.

Do you know which version of Kirikiri Z you're using? Latest commit on master? Or the released version from 2017? I understand DirectInput is there, but having XInput (or as mentioned, controller support done via SDL) would be much more ideal, and I'd be happy to contribute it.

I've played around some with KiriKiri SDL, but only got as far as getting the sample game running on Windows. I'm unfamiliar with the needs of the commercial games with regards to plugins so didn't get much farther. Seems like KiriKiri Z would be the easier engine to contribute this to for right now, once I can get a build running nicely.
    The version we are currently using (and which will be part of the next update) is based on the latest master, with some minor fixes.

Thanks, got it running now, didn't initially realize the existing binary was 32 bit, so any plugins my built copy was trying to load (krmemplugin was what kept popping up) would fail. I imagine the plugins are in the xp3 files?

Regardless I should be able to start plugging away at this. Appreciate the help!

Okay I've got a prototype using SDL input: GitHub Repo and Branch Here

I made an almost completely arbitrary keymap where I assumed VK_PAD1 was A and XK_PAD2 was B on an Xbox Controller (as this is what the SDL_GameController interface is based on). So if you've got a keymap in mind for the buttons you use in Script, I can amend it to match.

I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, I'll try to do some reading through in the next few days with it. It seems key repeat isn't quite working as I'd expect it, so I need to take a look at that. But I wanted to give an update. When I figure that out and have kicked the tires some more, how best should I contribute this back to y'all? PR on the fork your using? Or on the oriignal and you'll merge it into the fork?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenStreetlight View Post
    Okay, what is up with the dreadfully slow load times? It takes 10 seconds from pressing right click for the menu to show up. Same for doing anything within it. Skipping to the end of a line also causes the game to freeze for a half-second. What's going on here? Is this seriously not happening to anyone else? I tried installing the game on my laptop, too, but same results (although load times were just a few seconds shorter). None of this happened in the beta build for me.
    I am also having this issue. It's taking ~20+ seconds sometimes when opening the config menu as well.

My installation is clean, followed a video posted in late 2021 and used the latest patches. Installed on a SSD. i7-7700k + 3070Ti so my PC should have no issues running this lol.

When comparing the CRC32, a couple appear to be different. I am not sure why. My assumption is maybe the source files for the 3 routes have bad or modified executables and data.xp3 files.

Fate.exe: C4759222

bgimage.xp3: C0536B45
    bgm.xp3: 2A1AFBFC
    data.xp3: 568F76E8
    etc.xp3: 4A415A10
    fgimage.xp3: 09F0970F
    image.xp3: 345D7DD8
    rule.xp3: 8432D39F
    sound.xp3: 41E8BF55
    video.xp3: A6C4C8AC
    voice.xp3: F77A2610

Edit: Going to use the prepatched one from the Discord and see how that one works.

Edit 2: It has the correct CRC32. The hanging is slightly lessened, (5-6 seconds or so) but it still occurs. I tried moving it to a non-protected directory (a folder on the root, still hangs). I made sure every CRC32 matched. Setting the game to low quality removes the problem. So something is up with the "High (1.6x)" quality option. I read in a thread that messing with the font should help but it did not. I have an extreme amount of fonts on my PC for graphic design work. That menu pretty much crashes the game if I try scrolling through it for 20 seconds or so. Could the amount of fonts I have be an issue?

--
    Edit 3: going to add some key words to this so that anyone google searching can find it in this thread: freeze freezing freezes hang hanging hangs slow slows stops responding
    Last edited by chaojimbo; June 13th, 2022 at 04:48 AM.

When I figure that out and have kicked the tires some more, how best should I contribute this back to y'all? PR on the fork your using? Or on the original and you'll merge it into the fork?
    PR on the original, I guess.

Don't know if this was ever officially solved but I found out how to get In game movies working again, Like with regular Realta Nua you need to install Lav Filters, but in ultimate edition this alone does nothing, in game movies still skip and can only be watched in the movie menu in extras, I found that if you uninstall Lav Filters but leave the codec pack included with Lav Filter the in game movies finally work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    @doublecolumn bug
    @doublecolumn lower=" “Itadakimasu.”" upper=" “Itadakimasu.”"
    @l
    Ok, this was fixed for the next release.

Text doesn't seem to be properly wrapped for 4:3 mode, found lots of cut off words here and there, did I mess something up during the setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugeterasu View Post

Text doesn't seem to be properly wrapped for 4:3 mode, found lots of cut off words here and there, did I mess something up during the setup?
    This is a known issue.
    To work around this issue, right click to open the right click menu, go to Config, then change the font.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    This is a known issue.
    To work around this issue, right click to open the right click menu, go to Config, then change the font.
    Thanks

I wonder, would it be possible to have a setting so that the original 2004 OP plays at the end of the prologue? (unless there's already a way to do it that I haven't found)
    Not only do both PS2 and Vita openings spoil stuff but most importantly I feel like not having This Illusion play as the opening of the VN makes the piano and instrumental versions in-game less impactful
    Last edited by Twhite90; June 16th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius909 View Post
    This is a pretty minor one, but I can't get to play the classic "extra" music in EXTRA menu even when I set music to classic.
    Does this occur even with fresh, new, save data?

(you can just rename the existing savadata folder to something else in order to "back it up", or just move it elsewhere)

if you've got a keymap in mind for the buttons you use in Script, I can amend it to match.
    I'm slightly late but I personally think it'd make the most sense to match the mapping for the PS2 and Vita versions of Realta Nua.

...however, I would not be surprised if they're configured so that X = back and O = confirm which would make it A = back and B = confirm...unless you were using a Nintendo controller that hooks into Xinput in some manner that maps the buttons to their positions rather than their letters, in which case you'd want to match the X = back and O = confirm arrangement (because Nintendo puts A to the right of B while Sega and therefore subsequently Microsoft puts B to the right of A).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I made an almost completely arbitrary keymap where I assumed VK_PAD1 was A and XK_PAD2 was B on an Xbox Controller (as this is what the SDL_GameController interface is based on). So if you've got a keymap in mind for the buttons you use in Script, I can amend it to match.
    Right now, I'd prefer the following:
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_A -> VK_PAD1
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_B -> VK_PAD2
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_X -> VK_PAD3
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_Y -> VK_PAD4
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_BACK -> VK_PAD7
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_START -> VK_PAD8
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_LEFTSTICK -> VK_PAD9
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_RIGHTSTICK -> VK_PAD10
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_LEFTSHOULDER -> VK_PAD5
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_RIGHTSHOULDER -> VK_PAD6
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_UP -> VK_PADUP