Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15556063646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1309

Thread: Lyrical Days

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Very pleasant to see the perfected versions up. That progress bar completion makes me almost as happy as Kingdom Hearts 100% does.

I'm very eager to see the silly speculation on "How can we make the most people die." end after you finish VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Very pleasant to see the perfected versions up. That progress bar completion makes me almost as happy as Kingdom Hearts 100% does.

I'm very eager to see the silly speculation on "How can we make the most people die." end after you finish VI.
    The answer to that question is easy Arc en ciel japan (and the rest of that hemisphere).

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker of Chaos View Post
    The answer to that question is easy Arc en ciel japan (and the rest of that hemisphere).
    That would require 16,250 Arc-En-Ciel blasts. What you seem to be thinking about is an Exterminatus.

Of course, it kills more people, but in the end, visceral, personal deaths have more of an impact. Ex. Caster murdering children vs the Fuyuki fire killing many more than that.

But anyway, it's simply bad storytelling to kill people for the lulz.

Archer Cats, Assemble! FateScarlet's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM for code
    Not exactly everyone will die to an Exterminatus, you know...
    At least Shirou would be still alive!

Did you forgot about his excellent example of "people die when they are killed"?
    IGN: Fate
    Last updated: January 30, 2017.
    Supports

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FateScarlet View Post
    Not exactly everyone will die to an Exterminatus, you know...
    At least Shirou would be still alive!

Did you forgot about his excellent example of "people die when they are killed"?
    That's just silly. Of course Shirou would die. He's never dead in any of the decision trees that produce a Good End, only ever mostly dead. There's a difference.

To begin with, my main point is that there's absolutely no justification to kill characters for the sake of watching people cry when they die. There isn't a reason to destroy half of the planet, it's expensive, inhuman, and would probably take the greater portion of the TSAB fleet from everywhere imaginable.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    No one's questioning that. Walker was just answering rhetorically.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    No one's questioning that. Walker was just answering rhetorically.
    Oh, ahm...

Well this is embarrassing then.

Oh, ahm...

Well this is embarrassing then.
    It happens to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just silly. Of course Shirou would die. He's never dead in any of the decision trees that produce a Good End, only ever mostly dead. There's a difference.
    Name:  Never Die.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  8.9 KB

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A single Arc-en-Ciel inside the atmosphere is enough to cause awful, awful things to all mankind! At the very least, it will create a enormous distortion in the local weather patterns, which will completely ruin nearly all farming within range. If the rainbow munches the crust (being a measly 20 km to the rainbows 100 km diameter), then the resulting tectonics would pretty much destroy life as we know it. Think a super volcano level 4.

Not to mention that a disturbance like that will most likely cause hurricanes that will go on to damage other places. And even worse stuff.

Unless you think that the rainbow's "destroy everything within range" ignores the atmosphere.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    A single Arc-en-Ciel inside the atmosphere is enough to cause awful, awful things to all mankind! At the very least, it will create a enormous distortion in the local weather patterns, which will completely ruin nearly all farming within range. If the rainbow munches the crust (being a measly 20 km to the rainbows 100 km diameter), then the resulting tectonics would pretty much destroy life as we know it. Think a super volcano level 4.

Not to mention that a disturbance like that will most likely cause hurricanes that will go on to damage other places. And even worse stuff.

Unless you think that the rainbow's "destroy everything within range" ignores the atmosphere.
    That's true, yes. You could probably effectively destroy the planet (Or at least the biosphere.) with fewer than 16,000 simultaneous Arc-En-Ciel attacks. The calculation was done based on the principle of "How many do we need to destroy every exposed surface." In practicality, you wouldn't need more than a few precise attacks to resolve the issue of "Are there people alive?"

Small nitpick though: It has a radius of 100 km, not a diameter.

Still, you're completely correct. Rainbow Beams are more comparable to an Enuma Elish than to an MS Paint eraser.
    Last edited by Frostyvale; September 29th, 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Still, you're completely correct. Rainbow Beams are more comparable to an Enuma Elish than to an MS Paint eraser.
    In my headcannon the Arc en ciel is now ea's imperfect replica (i know that it is technicly impossible but i don't care).

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It happens to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  Never Die.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  8.9 KB
    It's funny because that's exactly what happened to Kamina.

- - - Updated - - -

Why must you fuel this fire, leth?!

- - - Updated - - -

In my headcannon the Arc en ciel is now ea's imperfect replica (i know that it is technicly impossible but i don't care).
    It's people like you, man. People like you.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why must you fuel this fire, leth?!
    I just saw a mention of the Rainbow that downplayed it in my eyes, so I added my two cents.

What fire are you talking about?

Because now people are going to try and destroy things with the Arc-en-Ciel, much like earlier they were trying to kill people for the sake of it. That and powerlevels against EA, thanks to Walker. Or at least that's what I think IRUn is talking about.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    That would require 16,250 Arc-En-Ciel blasts. What you seem to be thinking about is an Exterminatus.

Of course, it kills more people, but in the end, visceral, personal deaths have more of an impact. Ex. Caster murdering children vs the Fuyuki fire killing many more than that.

But anyway, it's simply bad storytelling to kill people for the lulz.
    About 100, not 16000!

Apparently, "Rainbow" is worse than Emmerich's Yellowstone Caldera or the Toba supervolcano...

Guys, it's just clean Tsar Bomba, seriously, don't go into "lawl petatons" debate here.

That's true, yes. You could probably effectively destroy the planet (Or at least the biosphere.) with fewer than 16,000 simultaneous Arc-En-Ciel attacks. The calculation was done based on the principle of "How many do we need to destroy every exposed surface." In practicality, you wouldn't need more than a few precise attacks to resolve the issue of "Are there people alive?"

Small nitpick though: It has a radius of 100 km, not a diameter.

Nuke. Enuma Elish is a miniature black hole.

In mine it is similar to the Kido Canon and Mugetsu from Bleach... or one of Madoka's Uber Headshots... or Shinji Ikari's Ragequit mode.

Oh lawl, the memories...

...I hate those memories...

It's people like you, man. People like you.
    Remins me to never post when i'm on the brink of collapsing due to exhaustion again.

Hey fraggle, what's the status on the next chapter?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by teknofan View Post
    Hey fraggle, what's the status on the next chapter?
    Necromancer!

You aren't supposed to ask an author that on a thread after 2 weeks pass. You are supposed to PM him/her and ask than.

Now you did it. The author will punish you now by never updating this story again. And it's all your fault. ALL YOUR FAULT.

It has been awhile, remind me where do we keep the torches and pitchforks here?

I could swear they were by the pile of "For the torture of Original Flavor Shinji Matou" tools and rabid plot bunnies we keep locked up because it got old after awhile and should only be broken out when it advances the story. But really it has been some time since I felt the need to join an unruly mob on this forum so I just don't remember.