Page 121 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2171111116119120121122123126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    And btw in my story Dorian became like that because he was influenced to become like that, innocent young mind and stuff, like in the original story.
    Was he really influenced or just given the opportunity to be that person and took it. You say "They caught the attention of a rich lord and the muse of the painter listens to his hedonistic world view, changing his life forever. The lord described how only beauty holds meaning and is worth the pursuit. The poisonous words of someone touched by a concept that is now known as the Yellow Sign prompted the young muse, named Dorian Gray, to wish to sell his soul so the painting of his ages in his stead." You can say he was influenced by the Lord, but also say he was the one making the choice for that wish. The Yellow Sign only affects those who see it or possess it, which is not something the Lord is implied as showing Dorian. It was his own selfish desire to remain beautiful and ageless, brought on by the Lord's words, that spurred him to sell his soul after hearing the Lord espouse how beauty is all there is worth pursuing. In your story, there's no real implication that the King in Yellow had anything more to do with him other than giving him exactly what he wanted. The King in Yellow even removed the pact when Dorian slashed the picture. Seems to me Dorian was in control all along, and was just a man given the opportunity to be his worst self. One he took.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Koga, the Class is named Foreigner. As in, "It came from outside".
    sorry i remember it from now one ZEro i have also now read your Jorogumo not bad can i say though a bit short perhaps . Have you seen my Contest Servant if so the n i would be curious about your oppinion Zero !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Okey two more servants here ,i think from the contests i participated is this the feeled most active one .Like has someone counted how many Servants there are ?
    18 and counting. It's up there with the usual number of entries (we did had a couple past months that had the exact same number), but it's shaping to be quite the lively prompt because of all the reviews and side discussions, indeed.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    18 and counting. It's up there with the usual number of entries (we did had a couple past months that had the exact same number), but it's shaping to be quite the lively prompt because of all the reviews and side discussions, indeed.
    Thanks i had thought 12 to 14 but wow and its a good thing that this and the create a servant thread get more lively , if you ask me Howaito !

beside have you looked there as Fortune has rrevealed his Otakemaru there ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Foreigner is a terrible name for the class and it should be Outsider, but I digress
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Though I don't hate the class itself, I have to agree. Outsider is a better name. I also like Vanatos' interpretation of the class simply as "something inherently antithetical or outside the human order". Such definition would definitely be friendlier to people unfamiliar with Lovecraftian lore and may potentially allow for more creative sheets.

Blog Entries
    Nothing Human is Alien, etc, etc

Blog Entries
    We are now beset by ice for several weeks, but lately something changed. The air around us feels different, colder than it actually is. Perhaps it is just my aging body.
    Again, it feels like we are being watched. The men noticed too. "Only god watches over us. Soon he will free us so we can continue our journey!" is what I tell them. It calms their pious minds. I am sure it is true.
    The men start losing hope. "Why does our great god do this to us?" they wonder. I do too. It is like he turned nature against us. The weather is harsher, the ships suffer. The ice encroaches on us in a darker color, tightening it's icy grip, while desperately grasping for our throats. It feels like the stars at night stare at us, judge us. The winds whisper curses in our ear, we lose hope. The cracking of the ice around us, it hurts the soul.
    And then there is this bitter cold. A cold that seems to freeze the space and slows time itself.
    And each time we step foot outside ice flowers bloom around us, mocking us as if the cold decorates the grave that is our ship.
    I understand now, I was right, god watches us, but he won't free us. We fools broke an unspeakable taboo. What hubris did we have to map the boundaries to our Holy Lord? Setting sail into the realm of the divine? Heaven is not up above in the sky, but up above in the map we tried to draw. Sinners, all of us, our punishment may be well deserved.
    Food is running low. Hunting doesn't provide. Few already succumbed to the cold and starvation. I am the only one who understands why. Yet he is still watching with those red stars over the horizon. What is he trying to tell me?
    The arctic was like a white canvas, pristine and owned by our Lord and Savior. But in our greed we tried to paint heaven itself in our colors. He merely decided that the color is our blood...

And that I am his brush.

Foreigner of the White Silence

Class: Foreigner
    Other Classes (If Applicable): Rider
    True Name: Sir John Franklin
    AKA: "Discoverer of the Northwest Passage", "The Man who ate his boots"
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: England, Arctic

Parameters:

STR: B+
    END: B+
    AGI: C+
    MGI: D+
    LCK: E

Height: 250cm
    Weight: 300kg
    Dislikes: warmth, sinners, swearing, alcohol
    Talent: cannibalism, commanding
    Natural Enemy: Sir James Clark Ross, Inuit Pantheon
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: Armor and Hammer of Ice, his ship
    Catalyst: Notes from King William Island, artifacts from the sunken HMS Terror

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain B-
    A Skill inherent to the Foreigner Class, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is partially resistant to physical and mental damage, as his true self exists far beyond the reality perceivable by humans. This defense can be bypassed if the attacker themselves is connected to "something beyond man", like by possessing the Divinity Skill.
    The Wind-Walker once came from beyond outer space, the realm of absolute coldness, but he made the arctic his new home and established himself too much in the consciousness of the tribes living near him, that his rank as an 'Outer God' was lowered, but in term his Divinity increased. In fight against those tribes, the Inuit, the rank lowers by one.

Divinity B+
    In exchange for the lowered rank Existence Beyond the Domain, Foreigner obtained a higher rank in Divinity, due his more direct interaction with humanity, which influenced their belief system.
    The rank rises slightly when fighting Inuit Servants.

Insanity
    This skill is replaced by Wechuge.

Riding
    This skill is replaced by Voyager of the Snowstorm.

Personal Skills

Voyager of the Snowstorm C++

The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma of Absolute Freeze(False), Military Tactics and Mana Burst (Blizzard).

Foreigner lead three explorations into the arctic, but the first was overland and a disaster, the second was on a river, but relatively uneventful and the last, best known brought doom to all associated.
    Due to his gentle and warm nature to those under his command, his Charisma skill is decent, but it now corroded into a false version of the Charisma possessed by the Rulers of the Land of Snow to rule those creature corrupted by ice.

The rank of this skill rises significantly in cold environments.

Protection of Faith (Corrupted) B-

A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is the absoluteness of one’s body and mind that was born from their beliefs. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality.
    Foreigner was a pious believer all his life. His father intended his career to be in the clergy, but he found his love for the marine. After his first expedition, that ended in many dead explorers, he kept holding on to his believe and endured his suffering with dignity. After that he was hailed as a pious hero by the public.
    History does not know what truly happened in his last days, but his belief in god is now contorted and he believes that the White Silence of the Arctic is the true god for him.

Wechuge A

A skill that denotes the owner as a Wechuge.
    The Wechuge is a being that was devoured by
    madness
    greed
    through the 'Curse of the Wendigo', but was greedy enough to even devour the curse and made this power their own. Due to the curse originating directly from the Outer God, this skill is in essence the same as Insanity.
    Increases the rank of Devouring to EX. In addition it raises his parameter for each body or Servant devoured. This also enables a limited Shapeshifting ability like growing in size or the armor of corrupted Frost that encases him.
    Wechuge are Apex Wendigos and are therefore able to command Wendigos. Due to their nature as half-human, half-beast the effect is a blur of the effects of Voyager of the Snowstorm for the human part and of a Familiar skill for the beast part of Wendigos.

Devouring EX
    A skill related to
    Blood-Sucking
    Vampirism
    or rather an upgrade of it. Rank increased through Wechuge. Instead of gaining strength from 'merely consuming blood', owner of this skill gain the same effects as Vampirism by consuming skin, flesh, bones or anything else that is a natural part of an organism or was created from it.

Foreigner even surpasses that and can 'devour' other concepts that belong to humans like 'Names' and 'Knowledge'.
    By devouring the name of a Servant he can temporarily obtain a skill of them and by eating a brain he can obtain general knowledge from them.

He acquired the ability of devouring knowledge from his natural trait of being able to read and learn very fast, escalated to a conceptual max through the connection to the Outer God. If he haven't encountered the Outer God and died like history thinks he did, he would have acquired a low rank in Librarian of Knowledge, after reading all 1200 books on the ship HMS Terror and those during his private life.

The concept of devouring names is lend from Inuit belief. They believed that their
    soul
    'breath'
    was their own, but is still part of something
    The Root
    much bigger
    . Newborns were given names of recently passed to obtain their protection and their powers.

Both combined together would make it possible to even devour 'boundaries' like bounded fields or Reality Marbles of Servants, but this ability is limited due to the heavy cost of Mana to do so and the opinion of Foreigner that 'infringing upon boundaries' is a taboo, similar to the Outer God's dislike of infringing upon his home.

Extra:
    Under certain circumstances it is possible to break the Mental Pollution of the Outer God for a short while, which would revert Protection of Faith (Corrupted) back to the original form, which then helps him resist to return to his corrupted belief for a little while. This would lead to temporarily disable Wechuge, which in turn lowers the rank of Devouring down to E. On this rank he would only receive minor benefits from ingesting leather, a crystallization of his title 'The Man who ate his Boots' to survive the Coppermine Expedition.
    His Mana Burst(Blizzard) is a variation of Mana Burst(Wind) and allows to propel himself forward or upward with an icy wind, making it seem he can walk on wind.

Noble Phantasms

HMS Terror
    Vessel of Crushed Ice and Dreams

A ship of fear, a vessel of despair, voyager of dead hopes and a pathmaker through the ice to a cruel fate.
    A figurehead of a giant flayed torso adorns the front of the ship and a giant skull on the ships bug looks like it is greedily devouring the ice it breaks through and itself created with the freezing aura it eminates.
    The hull is made out of frozen muscles and two giant claws are etched into the sides of the ship, grasping for something.
    The ship withstood years of ice pressure and is now enhanced by otherworldly frost, neither ice nor Servant attacks will harm this ride.
    Three masts of cold bones pierce the icy mist, all burning in an eerie black-blue flame.
    Holey sails out of skin propel the vessel forward and even if there should be no wind, the arctic cold will blow for it's path nevertheless.
    Faces cover the sails, with the eyes and mouths as their holes and when the howling gust of icy wind hits them, the faces wail in agony once more.
    If the sails are not enough to make a path through the sea, they are equipped with steam engines to force their way through. Activated in the depths of the ship, a cruel moaning sound can be heard echoing though the black ice the ship is made of before a red steam is emitted from the heck.
    This grotesque display of body horror is nothing like the original glory of the proud HMS Terror, that conquered several seas in it's prime, but as a Servant Foreigner could modify and strengthen it to his special Taste.
    Seeing it as an enemy inflicts them with Terror and Fear if they do not have proper Resistance to Mental Interferences.
    He can summon his ship at will, like other Captain Servants, only parts of it as well. The Terror was equipped with 10 cannons and 2 heavy mortars, which he can use to fire a barrage of frozen skulls or the same black-blue fire that the masts emit.
    The fire is unnatural, not from this earth even, it 'burns' the victim by freezing it from within, incinerating them to a pulp of bloody rime. If the target is hit, neither Heat nor Cold resistance fully work, as it is not really anything of both, but a combination of both provide protection.
    The vessel seems empty at first, but if manpower is needed, Foreigner can summon several of his crew from within the ship - literally. They are part of the ship itself and can crawl out of the walls, hull, masts or ground of the ship. They are now mere zombie-like frozen corpses, Wendigos, that listen to the command of their captain.
    The Crew can eat parts of the ship to replenish their strength. Foreigner can do that as well, but due to his Devouring Skill reaps better benefits from it. But doing so will weaken the strength and defense of this ship.

Presence of the Wendigo
    The Demons slumber within us

An always active Noble Phantasm.
    When near Foreigner his presence acts like a constant Mental Interference Attack. It creates the drive to do something. What it is depends on the target and their Resistance to it. It can range from taking selfies with lightning, being rude to animals, over to the urge to eat rotten food or even kill people. The many taboos of the Inuit are too hard to name them all, but if you break any of them, you bring bad luck to you. Break enough taboos out of 'greed' and you will one day become a Wendigo.
    This is what the Inuit believe and what has it's origin in a curse inflicted by an Outer God. Depending on the severity of taboo broken, the effects can be temporarily lowered parameters or skill ranks to falling more and more victim to those strange urges to do something forbidden.
    Those can add up over time and in the final phase the target is victim of cannibalistic urges. When they reach this situation, they are marked with the 'Curse of the Wendigo'. The desire to eat human flesh makes them mad. They hear a cold voice in their head, tempting them to give in and taste the forbidden meat. If they do, they become a Wendigo and are now mere monsters consumed by gluttony.
    Their appearance then starts to change more and more to that of a beast that is partly frozen with blue skin. All flesh they devour or magical energy they receive is transformed into body hight. They are growing proportional to the ingested amount and remain ever hungry and starve in pain, while lowering their Strength with each bite. The magical energy Servants receive from their Master will accelerate the transformation as well, draining them faster and faster. So those with Independent Action or Manifestation have an advantage in this situation, while Berserkers, who take large amounts of it and Casters, who draw Mana from their Workshop are at a severe disadvantage. Servants with effects that prevent change to their body through digestion are unaffected by the metamorphosis, but they still suffer from hunger and increased usage of Mana, which doesn't increase over time like in the other cases. Because they now count as a Wendigo, they are more susceptible to Foreigner's commands. Skills that provide Mental Fortitude or allow resistence against Charisma allow to withstand his commands. If not they are likely to fall victim to descend to the rank of a Wendigo that now belongs to Foreigner's crew.

Craft Essence

Last Notes Lost to the Snow:

29th April 1848
    This will be Second in command, Francis Rawdon Moira Crozier's last words.
    I pray to god this message will someday be found.
    We left the ships HMS Terror and HMS Erebus four days ago and set of to the Great Fish River to search for the HBC post. We were 15 officers and 90 men when we left the vessels beset by ice.
    The ship, the Terror, it is back. He is back. He is alive. I do not know how that can be, but John returned as an abomination of ice and steered the Terror that was stuck in ice for months. In his presence the men turned on each other. They devoured each other. I ran for my life to not end up like them. I see smoke in the distance, the Eskimo I heard about, but I can not move anymore, my body frozen. We were so close. With the last of my strength I write this down. Dear Lord, they are coming to me.
    Please God, save the world from the man-eaters of ice and let me die as a human!

"This is God's will, Francis."

Quotes and Relationships

"This whole world is covered by greed.
    This whole world has become a wendigo! Dont you see? Greedy as humanity is, we craved for more than we should. With thirsting avarice we infringed the realms of the gods and our kind all the like. Craving hands reached for the upper regions of the world that did not belong to us! We desired to paint a realm not ours and stepped into the house of a god - how great can a taboo be? And that only after taking the homes of others, taking it for granted, we devoured our own kind to move forward."

"Do not swear in my presence. This is the last warning. Do it again and I will freeze you to the bone and shatter a part of your body for each sinful word you uttered."

"Like punishment, blood is best served cold."

Ivan The Terrible (Lostbelt):
    "Fascinating. It is like my story on a much grander scale."

Anastasia:
    "Those eyes of that shadow. I've seen such eyes once before. Did God succeed?"

Skadi:
    "Master, this man. He confuses me. What he says to me...he suggests something blasphemous. That we are alike, because of his 'god'. Was Ymir...no...and the origin of Nifl...no. No I won't believe this childs lies!"

The Machine God Terminals:
    "Even you avoided to go further north, nay? Wise decision, You would've lost your bodies long before the White Titan befell this planet."

Gilles de Rais:
    "Your eyes. If I were to remove my mask of frost we would indeed look alike. You peeked into the shadows, while I stared into the white...Yes, let us talk about god."

Inuit Servants:
    "Your kind. To this day I do not understand what my Lord thinks about you. Are you a sinner or a believer? I shall judge you myself."

Sir James Clark Ross:
    "James, my friend, I thank you from the depths of my heart and soul. And you too, my love. On the sea I always felt your love. If it weren't for you two, I would have died again as a sinful beast of greed. I am so sorry…what have I done…I saw those eyes in the clouds and then…oh the cruel things we have done. I wanted to survive..my lust for life and reputation, if I didn't perhaps I wouldn't…In the end it does not matter anymore. My sins are eternal and I deserve the punishment that awaits me. I am sorry that your long journey to find me ended like that, but please let me go. I have to meet our true Lord and Savior and ask for forgiveness. But I am so…so happy I could see you again…"

Lore and Background

Sir John Franklin (16 April 1786 – 11 June 1847) was a British Royal Navy officer and Arctic explorer. After serving in wars against Napoleonic France and the United States, he led two expeditions into the Canadian Arctic, in 1819 (Coppermine Expedition, origin of his title 'The Man who ate his Boots') and 1825 (Machenzie River Expedition), and served as Lieutenant-Governor of Van Diemen's Land from 1839 to 1843.
    After Franklins second exploration, there were still 500km unmapped coast lines. The English wanted to explore them and asked Sir James Ross to lead a well equipped expedition to map the boundaries. He declined it, possibly because of his recent marriage and possibly out of friendship for Franklin. Although he was almost 60, Franklin then pursued the appointment with great tenacity. After some declined offers to other explorers, the invitation was send to Franklin. Despite being of 59 years old, he accepted. This would be the start of his demise, Franklins Lost Expedition. He was the commander and two others were the captain of HMS Terror and Erebus.
    The ships were sturdy and were equipped with newest steam engines, that could provide distilled fresh water, had three years worth of tinned food and over 1000 books. The tinned food was flawed and the pipes for water were made of lead, suspected to lead to malnutrition on board despite having plenty of food.
    Franklin's men spent the winter of 1845–46 on Beechey Island, where three crew members died and were buried. After travelling down Peel Sound through the summer of 1846, Terror and Erebus became trapped in ice off King William Island in September 1846 and are thought to have never sailed again:
    According to a note later found on that island, Franklin died there on 11 June 1847 but the exact location of his grave is unknown.
    After being icebound for more than a year, Erebus and Terror were abandoned in April 1848, by which point Franklin and nearly two dozen others had died. The survivors, now led by Franklin's deputy Francis Crozier and Erebus' captain James Fitzjames, set out for the Canadian mainland and disappeared.
    After three years ships were send out to find the expedition, more ships were lost to find them on behest of his wife.
    He was promoted to Rear-Admiral of the Blue in October 1852, after his wife suggested he should be awarded if he found the Northwest Passage before he went missing, an example of an unintentional posthumous promotion.
    The true fate of the Franklin party seemed to be discovered from talking to Inuit hunters. It was told both ships had become icebound, and the men had tried to reach safety on foot but had succumbed to cold, and some had resorted to cannibalism, which was later confirmed by marks on the bones found.
    The ship, probably the Terror, was very neat and orderly, but the Inuit descended into the darkness of the hull with their seal-oil lamps, where they found a tall dead man in an inner cabin.
    Hauntingly, they also reported that one of the masts was on fire.

The Outer God of Foreigner is Ithaqua

Ithaqua in the HPL-verse:

A humanoid giant with glowing red eyes. Reported to live in the arctic to sub-arctic region, where native americans first encountered him. Believed to hunt and slay unwary travelers in gruesome fashion and to be the origin that inspired the Wendigo myth, perhaps the Yeti too. Barely worship, more appeasement. Cult members gain immunity to cold temperatures. Seems to impregnate human females with a 'psychic seed' to either create offspring that surpasses his limitations or to assuage his loneliness as he is the only of is kind. In later works said to rule Borea, an ice planet and treads the winds of space to carry his hostages there.
    Aliases: Wind-Walker, Wendigo, Yeti, God of the Cold, White Silence, Lord of the Winds

Ithaqua in my Nasuverse Interpretation:

The Outer God in the context of the regional mythology of the Inuit. Due to their tribal nature the myths on the Inuit can vary, but some common themes remain. Before the myth of Sedna (mother of sea creatures) and Mother Caribou became more popular in the last 1000 years, they believed in the
    concept
    goddess
    of
    Sila
    Silap Inua
    . She was the closest of a 'Ruler of the Inuit Pantheon' and is the goddess of air. Therefore she rules over Sky and the weather. Furthermore over life itself due to the
    soul
    'breath'
    all things possess. Those domains are incorporated into the word or Inuit concept of 'Sila'.
    She is a benevolent goddess, but she also punishes humans when they break 'taboos'. A common concept still alive today that is indoctrinated into the children to keep them from danger of nature, due to their harsh environment and living conditions. A set of many diverse rules that aim to keep the spirits appeased. There are so many taboos and relatively less importance on the actual worship of deities, that one might question the nature of their belief. So did the 'Father of Inuit Studies' Knud Rasmussen and asked a religious leader in a tribe and he famously replied
    "We don't believe. We fear."
    The punishments of broken taboos were cold wind and blizzards, as well as diseases. Other entities that were thought to bring those punishments were for example the Isitoq, a god described as a monster that punishes 'taboo-breakers' in form of a 'giant flying [red] eye' with blizzards. At sea there would be the god Aipaloovik, associated with death and destruction, a menace to fisher-men.
    This aspect was associated with her when the Natives encountered Ithaqua, or in other words, Ithaqua and Silap Inua were conflated and he represented the part of the punisher.
    Ithaqua expanded his influence and could corrupt certain individuals like the local shamans, called the Angakkuq. Their stories about the origin of the Outer God live on in the expanded meaning of the concept of 'Sila', which now represents 'Space', 'Universe' and 'Outer World' as well.
    The Angakkuq were religious leaders, cultural heroes, healers and mediators for the tribe, negotiators with others for trades and the ones communicating with the divine. As healers they were said to 'breath or blow the illness away'.
    Some believed that those shamans gained their sometimes mysterious, powerful or superhuman abilities from a being called the 'Wind-Indweller',
    But despite their important role in the community, they werent always portrayed as benevolent.
    Stories can depict them as unpredictable, easily angered, and pleased in unusual ways. This could be shown as illustrating that despite their abilities and tune with nature and spirits, they are fickle and not without fault.
    A handful of accounts imply shamans may be feared in some cases for their abilities as they specify that someone did not fear being approached and talked to by a shaman. This leads to further ideas that the shaman's power was to be greatly respected and the idea that the shaman was not necessarily always a fair and good force for the people around them.
    This depiction of the shamans shows that Ithaqua sometimes held influence over their minds and granted them some powers.
    They were also the ones enforcing the rule to not break taboos, some of which prevented the people to move too far to certain regions, like the woods or bodies of water. Ithaqua chose this method so the humans dont infringe upon his new home any further.
    To enforce those taboos several stories were told to children with beings that act as 'boogeymen'.
    One of those were the Qualupalik. Their descriptions vary, but they seem to be humanoid or troll-like beings with blue skin and long hair and nails.They dwell in the water and snatch misbehaving children away, drowning them in the icy water. They were used to keep chidren away from bodies of water with potentially thin ice. If you hear a humming in the distance, they are close.
    Others believed in the Tornit. The 'First Inhabitants' of their realm were thought to be giants. They were said to be bigger and stronger, but easy to fight. The Inuit primed themselves of being great hunters and warriors and underlined it with that anecdote to have slain a whole race, that was superior in strength. They may be the origin of the Yeti.
    But one of the best known entities is the Wendigo. A malevolent, ravenous and anthropromorphic Spirit, embodying greed and cannibalism, said to possess humans or humans becoming a Wendigo by being too greedy. If someone develops too much 'greed', it can degenerate into a craving for human flesh.
    The Inuit concept of 'greed' can be wide and is best shown by what the consequences are of becoming a Wendigo or what a Wendigo is as a being and as a concept for them.
    A Wendigo desires human flesh and is always craving for it on the brink of starvation, as nothing else could satiate his taste. Once the Wendigo hunted prey and is able to consume it, it grows proportional to the amount it consumes, therefore remaining hungry - always. Hence it is described a big, but malnourished and starving with a skin that lies directly upon the bones, almost sticking out. A Wendigo is a cursed spirit, that can never be satiated and has to be destroyed, else it threatens the balance of nature. It's presence is said to influence all who are in contact with a person-turned-wendigo or when it roams near. It is said to incite acts of cultural taboos, like cannibalism, murder or environmental destruction like destroying or overhunting animals (which in a sense is senseless murder too, as all things were believed to be inhabited by
    soul
    'breath'
    ). But breaking of smaller taboos as well like eating dirty meat or listening to music created by strings or hides (like guitars or drums - music not made with your own breath, therefore not sacred) can occur. Even breaking one taboo is considered a bad omen, as Inuit believed that the spirits would be upset and bring disease, bad weather or a bad hunt, which would affect the whole community. Breaking several taboos through the presence of a Wendigo would lead to certain doom. For that Wendigos are associated with the north, winter, coldness, famine and starvation.
    As a concept, the wendigo can apply to any person, idea, or movement infected by a corrosive drive toward self-aggrandizing greed and excessive consumption, traits that sow disharmony and destruction if left unchecked. Another description is the "consuming forms of exclusion and assimilation" through which groups dominate other groups. That concept becomes clearer when colonialism is seen through the eyes of the Inuit.
    Colonialism becomes 'social cannibalism' which knows no provincial or national borders. They and in extend all human cultures have therefore been visited by shape-shifting wendigos. Their visitations speak to the inseparability of human experience. National identity is irrelevant to this borderless horror named Wendigo. It is in essence an expression of a dark aspect of human nature: the drive toward greed, consumption and disregard for other life in the pursuit of self-aggrendizement.
    All those aspects of human nature are nothing of concern for the Outer God, who houses in the White Silence of the Arctic alone, but when humanity thought to have seen everything in their realm, they dared to infrige on his. The 'Curse of the Wendigo' is a curse originating from him to punish humanity for their transgression in a fitting way. It can be described as falsely-similar to an imposed Evil Dragon Phenomenon.
    While the Fafnir Event is the exhibition of overwhelming greed in an already greedy human race, the 'Curse of Wendigo' punishes all who inhabit this aspect and heightens that concept in a hyperbolic way. Their freezing body and their association with winter and the cold a mockery of the cold hearts and minds of humans, that devours even their own kind out of drive for arrogant expansion. Their connection to famine and starvation a mirror of human consumption - starving not because there is not enough to sustain, but not enough for their gluttony.
    Under that premise one can surmise, that the Qualapalik and the Tornit were victims of that curse, only in different stages of the curse. The first ones being one of the earlier stages, already exhibiting physical signs of the curse like frozen, blue skin and searching for easy prey, while the Tornit were those who already feasted on flesh and have grown in size.
    So is there a 'final version' in a sense?
    Here i want to describe another being of Inuit folklore, that is similar, yet different to the Wendigo.
    The Wechuge is also described as a molevolent and cannibalistic spirit, tall - but not giant, half-man, half-beast, but not starving. Their origin isn't necessary to showcase greed, but by breaking a taboo and 'becoming too strong'. Another description is that they were overwhelmed by a powerful giant spirit and therefore became 'too strong'. They are described as crafty, intelligent and powerful - the opposite of those who became Wendigos, who became mindless monsters and weak from starvation.
    The Wechuge is the apex Wendigo, a being that was devoured by greed, but was greedy enough to even devour the curse and made this power their own. They kept their intelligence and control over their bodies. Consuming humans does not convert to body hight anymore, it converts to Mana and Strength, making them humanoid beasts with frightening cunning and power.
    Only those who truly understand why they were punished, the bigger picture why Wind-Walker did this to them, can become a Wechuge and earned his powers to become his vessel.

Creator's Notes:
    Wow. this was more fun than I expected and conceptually deeper than anticipated. Because the whole Arctic Exploration Story is so interesting I will now make another sheet that is connected to Franklin. I probably drop both at the same time and cross-reference them.
    The Inuit mythology is pretty interesting as well. The magical basis of them is pretty reliant on amulets, songs/humms (throat singing), names and wind - interesting concepts, i recommend research.
    The fire of the ship is a reference to the claims of the Inuit of the region that saw them and that the mast was on fire.
    They descended into the darkness of the ship, The Terror and pillaged the utilities there. They say there was a large, frozen men inside it. If it was Franklin himself, that chose his heart of his ship as his grave after he fulfilled his mission or a crewmate turned Wendigo is free for interpretation. Maybe it is Crozier's body and it is his screams echoing through the ship when the engines are turned on?
    Usually he would be able to summo his other vessel HMS Erebus as well, but due to a certain presence this NP was sealed.
    Additionally one might think that his concept qualifies him as a beast, but he (Ithaqua) holds no love for humanity and rather than one who becomes an Evil of Humanity, he merely is an Evil towards Humanity.

I actually already did make a sheet with Ithaqua, but it was of course Simo Häyha because i had no others in mind connected to ice. I discarded that old sheet because it was lazy writing.

NittyGritty style last words: Ice, Ice, Baby!

Last edited by DelRey; November 9th, 2021 at 06:02 PM. Reason: added link to the other sheet

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Sir John Franklin: I'm loving your version of Ithaqua, fam, like holy shit. You really sold the connection between Inuit mythology and HP lore damn well while putting a very Nasu-esque spin on it. Very good job, you glorious nerd. Another based sheet
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    Sir John Franklin: Zombie ice pirates. Need I say more?
    Okay, I should. I honestly love so much about this Servant from his appearance to his Skills to his ties with the Wendigo (one of my personal favorite monsters) to the aforementioned ice zombies. Monstrous ship from a frozen hell? Get out of town. This is a great one, and one I hope is an indicator of what we will see these last few day.
    Too bad you can only vote for 3.

@DelRey, that's an awesome sheet and a weird coincidence. One of my original ideas for the contest before I settled on my current one was a Berserker Sir John Franklin with a very similar concept. Plus a helping of Gu. Regardless, great job man! Another banger.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "My lord. My king. I am beyond grateful to have a chance to serve you once more. Now, which of your enemies' blood shall I stain my blade in first?"

Servant Saber:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Joab

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Classes: Archer, Berserker, Assassin

Strength- B
    Agility- B
    Endurance- B+
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Personality
    A stoical and seemingly emotionless individual. He's unshakably loyal to King David and will do anything for the sake of his king's happiness. Summoned in the Grail War Saber equates his Master to "David" and will become equally devoted to serving them. However Saber's loyalty is to what he himself deems to be in his Master/King's best interests, not necessarily their own wishes. He won't have any qualms betraying his Master's trust to ensure their safety, like when he slew the rebellious prince Absalom despite being specifically ordered by David to spare the boy.

Given time to reflect over his past experiences on the Throne Saber also feels some uncertainty and contradictions over his own existence. He questions whether he was truly honoring his king or merely finding an excuse to act on his own bloodthirsty impulses. The guilt of murdering the Amalekite family who took him in and showed him kindness haunts Saber deeply, as he found himself for the first time torn between devotion to his liege and the newfound emotions of gratitude that began to bloom within his heart.

Truthfully Saber is someone who thrives in bloodshed, death and war. He accepts this nature of himself, bluntly stating that he's a tool only suited for killing whose sole salvation is to be wielded by a worthy liege. When on the battlefield his normally placid expression is split by a maniacal grin, laughing with pure elation as the blood of his foes dances in the air. Yet in the back of his mind Saber wonders if he can take the second chance offered by the Grail to become something more than a killer. To understand the emotions he never knew in life, of warmth, gratitude and even love.

Given free time outside of combat Saber shows an almost childish mentality, unsure of what to do without his liege's guidance. He's innocently confused by simple things and gets flustered easily when he can't understand something. Saber's demeanor in these moments is akin to a kid seeing the wider world for the first time, making the "stoic warrior" persona look like something of a mask he adopts just because he doesn't know any other way to act. With his Master's support he may slowly start to come out of his shell and develop interests outside of battle. In particular Saber discovers an enthusiasm for boardgames and strategy-games like Chess and Go. "So these games hone your skill in battle? In that case, as your Servant I must prove myself by mastering them as well!" he proclaims with sparkling eyes.

Bond Lines:

Lvl 1: "There's no need for dialogue or getting to know each other. Just point me at your enemies, my king. That's what a Servant is for after all."
    Lvl 2: "That lowly worm brushed past you in the hall... unforgivable! Do you want me to kill him for you, my king? W-what do you mean, no? It'd be so quick they wouldn't even have time to feel any pain!"
    Lvl 3: "...My king, I can't help but notice that you haven't given me any orders today. Have I disappointed you somehow? 'You've worked hard enough, do whatever you want for today'... I have to confess I don't understand this strange request, but I'll do my best to fulfill it! You can count on that! W-wait, why are you laughing?"
    Lvl 4: "In that 'free time' you taught me about I've read a bit about the heroes extolled in this age. How repulsively complicated and ambiguous. In my time being a hero was a simple thing, it meant protecting your tribe while slaying its enemies. Now, heroes are expected to follow all these vague ideals of 'love' and 'justice'... how am I even supposed to know who to kill? ...Ah, a disturbing question just occurred to me. My king, please answer sincerely. By the standards of your era am I a... bad person?"
    Lvl 5: "You chose to put your faith in one such as I, even knowing my past and the tainted blood that flows through me. You've shown this ugly blade that only existed to bring death the warmth of human bonds I'd never understood before. My king... no, my friend, I'm truly overjoyed to have been summoned by you. As gratitude, please allow me to fight together by your side not as king and warrior, but two souls united by fate."

Relationships/Reactions:

David: "M-my king... I can't believe I'd have the chance to meet you again. Please forgive me, I know I have no right to ask you this but I'd do anything for the honor of serving you once more. ...W-what do you mean, you don't remember me?! Ah, I see... it seems you've been summoned back when you were still a young lad yet to become king, lacking the memories of your later life. How disappointing. Yet, to be able to witness my king smiling and laughing in such a carefree state... what is this strange emotion rising within my chest?"

"A-ah, my king, you can't go around flirting with girls like that! It's beneath your dignity as future king! No, don't drag me along as your 'wing-man'...!"

Solomon: "My king's son... In life, I believed you weren't worthy of inheriting the throne, yet now I see you've fulfilled your potential splendidly. Even so, what's this familiar 'emptiness' I sense from you...?"

Arturia Pendragon: "You sacrificed everything for your kingdom and yet were betrayed. Yet another proof that the people cannot understand a king's true intentions. Had I been serving at your side, I promise such an outcome would never have happened."

Shirou Emiya: "One entrusted to protecting others, I can see that's how this world defines a 'hero'. I don't understand it, but for some reason I can't look down on you, boy."

Paris: "An immature pretty-boy prince who tore his own kingdom apart following his short-sighted desires. You remind me perfectly of that man who brought David so much grief. Don't think I'll even let you get near my king."

Tomoe Gozen: "You also carry that cursed blood, and yet devoted yourself to serving another. I'm curious how you found a way to reconcile that contradiction. Pardon me miss, but what would you mind having a friendly chat? Hmm, what are these 'videogames' of which you speak?"

Mephistopheles: "A demon who finds delight in toying with people's lives and luxuriating in the agony of their last moments. I sense the same stench emanating from you as from me. My king may somehow see a place for you amongst their ranks, but I'm not so trusting. If I see you try anything this blade will claim your neck, Shedim."

Boudica: "S-so gentle... and warm... it brings back memories... of that time... N-no, I'm not crying! W-what are you even talking about? I- I didn't ask you to start patting my head woman! I don't deserve this... not after taking the lives of so many..."

Kirei Kotomine: "Striving for justice despite your inherent nature leaning towards evil, I sympathize with your plight. However, you've fallen on the wrong path. Don't worry, my blade shall be the one to end your suffering."

Likes: battle, serving his king, kindness (but he won't admit it), boardgames
    Dislikes: things he doesn't understand, his own demonic nature (sometimes), disloyalty
    Talents: obsessive loyalty, all-around warrior skills
    Natural Enemy: David, Absalom, Benaiah

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are nullified. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals, it is difficult for the Servant to be affected.

Riding- C
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank most mundane mounts can be handled at an average degree of skill.

Personal Skills:

Death Brings Fortune- C
    A Skill held by those who directly nourished themselves in proportion to the lives they stole. Allows Saber to restore a small but noticeable portion of his health and magical energy for every human he kills. At this rank shallow slashes, bruises and even minor broken bones can be mended simply by taking life. This also boosts damage from Saber's attacks against "human" targets, akin to the Aptitude For Slaughter Skill.

One night when Saber was returning home from massacring the Amalekite mercenaries his hand had unknowingly broken and lodged around his sword. Upon seeing him with the bloodstained blade his hostess tearfully accused Saber "You eat and drink in our house and then slaughter our countrymen!" Unmoved by her pleas Saber emotionlessly ran the woman through on his sword. When the spilt blood trickled down to his hand it was miraculously healed. That anecdote forms the basis for this Personal Skill.

Saber himself varies from regarding this Skill as a useful boon for serving his lord to a hideous curse that reminds of his worst regrets.

Single-Mindedness (Devotion)- B+
    The ability to immerse oneself in a task, exhibiting a superhuman degree of focus. Saber's variation of this Skill stems from his immense devotion to King David. His loyalty was so monomaniacal that Saber was even willing to take actions he knew his liege wouldn't approve of simply because he believed it in David's best interests, like slaying his traitorous son Absalom. As a Servant most forms of mental influencing thaumaturgy will wash off Saber and he can rationalize nearly any atrocity by convincing himself it's "what David would want".

Shedim-Kind Demon- D/A+
    A Skill that asserts one's existence as a Shedim, a demon in Judaic folklore. While Shedim are demons, they weren't thought to be inherently evil like the Christian concept but something more like foreign gods who could help or hinder mankind. Some of them even lived amongst humans and put their destructive nature to use performing deeds of heroism.

This Skill is only held by Shedim and those who bear the blood of one. Encompasses a variety of abilities traditionally attributed to Shedim such as flight, shapeshifting and the power to inflict sicknesses and misfortune upon one's foes. The strength and breadth of these sub-Skills varies based on Shedim-Kind Demon's own ranking.

For his fierceness and cruelty in battle Saber was often regarded as a demon. Rumors whispered of him as the demon-king Asmodeus in the flesh, a bloodthirsty monster only barely held on a leash by his king. These claims in fact held a considerable grain of truth, as Saber actually carries the blood of a powerful demon, possibly Asmodeus himself. However Saber actively distanced himself from his own demonic nature, wishing to truly serve and honor God as "that man" showed him. ...Even if his ability to understand those concepts was warped by the alien common sense engraved into him since birth.

Having done his best to repress its influence Saber's inhuman blood only manifests in increased defense against demonic spells and curses, along with a corresponding vulnerability towards holy sacraments and artifacts. Otherwise he has no special abilities from it. Rises to A+ rank upon invocation of his third Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasms
    Shil'gon Zayin
    Snowfall Sword

Type: Anti-Unit

Sword of Joab. While undercover in Kinsari Saber commissioned a blacksmith for a new sword to replace one that had shattered in battle. Upon the blade's completion Saber asked the blacksmith who he wished to kill with it. When he answered "Joab" Saber replied "Suppose I am Joab" and mercilessly killed him with the very sword he forged. According to legend the slice was performed with such speed and skill that the man didn't even realize he'd been cut, only feeling a cold sensation like snow in his belly before his body fell in two.

Reflecting this wounds dealt by this Noble Phantasm won't inflict any pain, but simply a pleasant numbing cold as the target's life slips away, making them imagine a gentle shower of snow falling upon them. A merciful blade that kills without leaving pain or regrets, befitting one who dedicated himself utterly to serving his liege and God. Nonfatal cuts will temporarily sever the opponent's nerves to disable them, as if the relevant part of their body was covered in ice. Saber can also use this ability on himself as a form of anesthetic.

Matsor Al Kinsari
    Forty Days In Kinsari

Type: Anti-Barrier/Anti-Mind

A reproduction of the episode where Saber infiltrated the Amalekite capital of Kinsari in disguise to bring it down from within. Even though he went out every night to kill the city's mercenaries by the hundreds, the family taking him in never doubted Saber's innocence until the moment they saw him walk back home holding a bloody blade.

As a Noble Phantasm this carries two separate effects. First is that Saber can bypass any barriers meant to keep him out of a particular place. Locked doors open, keycard-readers register Saber as the intended entrant, even magical defenses like Bounded Fields momentarily dissipate to allow him passage.

The second aspect of this Noble Phantasm is that as long as Saber is somewhere he "shouldn't be", people will subconsciously accept his presence. A subtle mental charm that makes others instinctively perceive Saber as "having a reason to be there", no matter how implausible it might be objectively. For instance assuming he's a janitor in the VIP-only section of an office, or an apprentice at a Mage's workshop. This effect is dispelled if anyone actually witnesses Saber perform an action that contradicts his "role", like killing somebody.

Ashmedai Gilgul Neshamot
    Demon-King Incarnation

Type: Support

The buried secrets of Saber's lineage combined with the legends where his ferocity in battle was likened to the demon-king Asmodeus and sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. By embracing these depictions Saber may shed his humanity to transform into a fearsome demon, a veritable avatar of Asmodeus. Upon invocation Saber's skin reddens, his musculature becomes more prominent, his hair grows longer and silvery unkempt, finger-and-toe-nails sharpen into bestial claws and he gains a pair of prominent fangs.

In this form all of Saber's parameters are ranked up and his Shedim-Kind Demon Skill is raised to A+, granting a variety of powers that stem from his inhuman ancestry. However he also suffers a clouding of the mind akin to B-ranked Mad Enhancement. The constant roaring of his demonic instincts overwhelms whatever sanity Saber possesses, reducing him to a state where he can only act on his most primitive urges; to kill, to feed, to defile.

Furthermore as an avatar of Asmodeus Saber obtains the Skill Cardinal Demon (Lust) at rank A, emitting an aura that erodes inhibitions while compelling enemies' selfish desires to rampage out of control. This isn't necessarily sexually but more on the basis of amplifying the target's worst character-faults, like for instance one who hungers for fame might become a raging gloryhound who'd endanger even their own allies in order to get the "first kill".

This effect only lasts in the proximity of Saber/Asmodeus and wears off once the target strays from his presence. Can also be overcome by high amounts of willpower as well as Skills and Noble Phantasms granting mental resistance. As the opposite side of his authority Saber may also call on the whirlwinds that punish Lust in Judeo-Christian mythology, expelling searing gales that strip flesh from bone and send foes flying with every swing of his sword. Due to embodying the human side of Saber's legend, his first two Noble Phantasms are sealed while this one is active.

This Noble Phantasm is somewhat analogous to the "Inversion Impulse" phenomenon held by mixed-blood clans in the Far East, where one obtains greater power by surrendering to their demonic instincts. Following his transformation Saber is unable to disengage this Noble Phantasm's effects on his own, requiring a Command Seal to revert him to normal. As it means taking a form unsightly to his king Saber dislikes using this Noble Phantasm, only doing so when directly ordered by his Master or if he can be sure no one else can see him.

Key Words/Craft Essence
    End of the Forty Days
    "It was a nice dream.

For forty days, I got to be something other than a warrior. I came home every night to that woman's cheerful face smiling at me, and a homecooked meal prepared. It wasn't much, but I could tell it was made with love.
    I went out shopping at the marketplace, and saw all sorts of odd things on display that she patiently explained to me. I felt the warm sunlight trickle down my face, and was at peace.

Yeah, that time was really nice. But it was nothing more than a fleeting dream, destined to end when the dreamer wakes.
    And in my case, that awakening was heralded by a torrent of crimson red.

'Monster! Demon!! We fed and took you in, and you murder us?!'

I still remember those words she hurled at me, kind face twisted into an accusing grimace.
    How her bloodied hands reached out to me weakly in the moment before her life's last breath faded to nothingness.
    I didn't understand it.
    I couldn't comprehend these inexplicable emotions stabbing my heart.

Was this... guilt? Impossible.
    Even if they'd taken me in, they were still enemies just by being from that tribe.
    They didn't know my true identity, and would surely do the same to me if things were different.

I was only a soldier, carrying out my duty towards King and God.
    Every enemy slain was another stepping-stone towards my king's happiness.
    So there was nothing to regret.

I tried to convince himself, but for some reason those reassurances rang hollower than usual.
    Victory should leave one with a sense of triumph, yet I felt only bitter lingering regrets.
    Why? I did the right thing, so why wouldn't this pain stop? Why would those droplets keep falling from my eyes?

Hey, I wonder... is this really being a 'hero'...?"

So this is my second entry for the contest. The "horror" here is more like the evils humans can commit while being able to rationalize them for a greater cause, plus the temptation of succumbing to one's darker nature. And if you're a normal person who summons him as a Servant you have to deal with a yandere looking to kill everyone who glances at you funny, which can certainly be scary.

Joab is frankly a really weird dude in the source-material to the point I had some trouble coming up with a fitting interpretation for him. While ostensibly a hero and loyal to David, some of his actions seemed like they could only be called that of a psychotic murderer (I didn't even include the story about how he wiped out a whole tribe just because he mistranslated a word of Scripture). I ultimately went with the take that he was a somewhat Kirei-like figure who struggled to reconcile the urges of his demonic nature with his own yearning to be a "hero" (a concept he had a rather fuzzy view of).

As usual when I submit multiple entries, when judging comes be sure to vote for the one that's gotten the most votes at that time. That way I'll have the best chance at winning something.

Blog Entries
    Joab: Pouf, I didn't know you were a swordsman.
    This is a fun little sheet. A madman for good is always something I can appreciate, though that mostly was born out of wishing for more from Adam Taurus. Such wasted potential (my general consensus for most of RWBY). I can see why he'd be a tricky guy to adapt, but you seem to have done pretty well here. As someone who believes there should be more male tsunderes, more male yanderes is only fair, even though I frankly don't much care for yanderes in general.

"As usual when I submit multiple entries, when judging comes be sure to vote for the one that's gotten the most votes at that time. That way I'll have the best chance at winning something."

Why don't we just vote for what we want and see where the chips fall? Life's more interesting that way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Joab: Pouf, I didn't know you were a swordsman.
    This is a fun little sheet. A madman for good is always something I can appreciate, though that mostly was born out of wishing for more from Adam Taurus. Such wasted potential (my general consensus for most of RWBY). I can see why he'd be a tricky guy to adapt, but you seem to have done pretty well here. As someone who believes there should be more male tsunderes, more male yanderes is only fair, even though I frankly don't much care for yanderes in general.

"As usual when I submit multiple entries, when judging comes be sure to vote for the one that's gotten the most votes at that time. That way I'll have the best chance at winning something."

Why don't we just vote for what we want and see where the chips fall? Life's more interesting that way.
    Thanks for the feedback man. From perusing the wiki page his personality actually does strike me as pretty similar to Shaiapouf, though that wasn't intentional as I don't follow Hunter x Hunter. For your last remark, I think I've clarified this before but I just don't want posting multiple entries to sabotage me. If somebody likes both my entries around equally much and would have voted for either of them if it were the only one but ends up choosing the less popular one, I could end up losing despite people liking my entries more overall. I feel like that'd be kind of silly.

Blog Entries
    I can understand that. This is just mostly coming from the mindset of someone who's already accepted he's lost. I'm very interested to see who wins though. Frankly, I'm still trying to figure out who to vote for. A lot of talent showed up for this contest, so it was gonna be hard from the beginning. Hope it didn't come off as snippy.

Blog Entries
    I highly recommend watching the Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc. It is said to be one of if not the best anime Arcs we have for a reason.

I like this sheet, but it is more wholesome than scary to me. His sword reminds me of one scene from demon slayer, where his slash was likened to a kind summer rain or something, the concept is really cool and scary to think of, feeling okay, looking down and your guts hanging out.
    And i think you should keep the style up of writing bonds and craft essences. You already showed you can write good stuff with your beast sheet, nothing wrong with using it in contests. Sheets with a little extra do better here i think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I highly recommend watching the Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc. It is said to be one of if not the best anime Arcs we have for a reason.

I like this sheet, but it is more wholesome than scary to me. His sword reminds me of one scene from demon slayer, where his slash was likened to a kind summer rain or something, the concept is really cool and scary to think of, feeling okay, looking down and your guts hanging out.
    And i think you should keep the style up of writing bonds and craft essences. You already showed you can write good stuff with your beast sheet, nothing wrong with using it in contests. Sheets with a little extra do better here i think.
    I'm sure Hunter x Hunter is good, but I tend to find it hard to get into long-running shonen like that (never got very far into Bleach or One Piece either).

And you're right the sheet does come off as more wholesome than scary. I originally intended to emphasize the implacable yandere angle more, but when I started writing his Bond Lines I ended up fleshing him out into a more endearing character. His sword actually was inspired by that scene from Demon Slayer, so kudos on picking that up. I thought it'd be a more interesting twist on the legend than just a typical ice-elemental sword.

And I only write Bond Lines and whatnot when I feel inspired by the character in question. That kind of stuff just won't come up naturally for every sheet. But thanks for the feedback DelRey.

US Friend Code
    The Terror of London

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Spring-Heeled Jack
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Attribute: Earth

Parameters
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: B+
    Mna: E
    Lck: C
    NP: B

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: D

The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms.

Berserker terrorized London in the early 19th century; his only desire to spread fear in his wake. While he still retains a modicum of intelligence, and perhaps the ability to utter a few intelligible words, he cannot be reasoned with past his desire to terrorize.

Personal Skills

Disengage: B
    Berserker was always able to flee the scene of his crimes without hindrance. Even walls and buildings proved to be no barrier to him. At this rank, Berserker is able to escape any situation in which escape is possible, excluding extenuating circumstances.

Protection from Arrows: E
    Berserker made his final supposed appearances in the 1870s, during which he was shot at to no effect. Whether this was actually Berserker, an aggressor whose actions were attributed to him, or something else entirely is unknown. Despite this, these sightings were attributed to him, and have become integrated into his legend, granting him his rank in this Skill.

Vampirism (Fear): B
    Berserker sowed fear wherever he appeared, yet was never known to actually kill those he assaulted. Why was this, but to feast on their fear. Whatever Berserker was, be it man or monster, he subsisted on the fear he instilled in his victims and the populace at large.

Mass Hysteria: C
    Berserker’s existence was questionable from the beginning, despite the many eyewitness reports attesting to it. This skill makes those who lay eyes on him more susceptible to mental effects, primarily the inducement of terror and madness.

Noble Phantasms

Let Thee Begone, Lest Thou Take Leave of Thy Senses
    Satanic Flames of Madness

Type: Anti-Unit
    Berserker was known for spewing blue-white flames that stole the senses of those consumed by them. As a Servant, his flames have only become stronger, able to char flesh, deprive those afflicted by their fumes of their senses, instill terror in those that witness them, and drive those consumed in them to madness. These effects are normally temporary, but those with a weak or already damaged mentality are affected more severely, to the point of raving insanity.

Submit to Thine Terror, and Let Darkness Consume Thee
    Et Choris Diaboli

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Berserker was said to be a Devil by those that saw him, and so a Devil he shall become. Upon release of this Noble Phantasm, Berserker becomes a devilish being wreathed in his Flames of Madness, and uses all the fear he has consumed to empower himself, increasing his parameters relative to the amount of fear he has consumed.

However, Berserker’s supply of fear is exhausted by use of this transformation, and requires him to replenish it for this technique to possess any true power.

Bio

In the 1800s, a rash of assaults in the dead of night occurred. The victims and witnesses attested that it was a well-dressed gentleman who breathed fire and could leap incredible heights and distances. Whether these acts committed were a result of supernatural activity, or simply stage tricks performed by a madman is still debated to this day.

But what is known certainly is that these acts caused a wave of hysteria and terror throughout London. As his infamy and legend grew, so too did his supposed abilities, evolving from simply great leaps, to breathing fire which caused madness, and even an immunity to bullets.

The reports differ on whether this aggressor was a man or some type of demon, or perhaps even some fusion of the two, but what is known is that this being spread terror in his wake, leaving the city of London in fear of his presence, and spawning a legend which persists even to this day.

Blog Entries
    Spring-Heeled Jack: T'was only a matter of time, it would seem, before Jack came out to play.
    Simple and to the point with Skills and NPs fitting his reputation. I would've liked to see some expansion on his backstory, but sometimes a monster is simply a monster, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have a feeling this isn't the case and more of a "like minds think alike", but was your Mass Hysteria Skill inspired by mine? Also, I know for certain this isn't the case, but my Modern Fiction Servant had the same kind of Skill as Vampirism (Fear), but I just called it Fear Ghoul.
    Basically, I like where your heads at, Kid. I look forward to your work in the future, and hope it reflects the present.

Awesome sheet Enigmatic, can't wait to see more from you!