Page 113 of 367 FirstFirst ... 1363103108111112113114115118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 7330

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Tsar Pyotr Alekseevich Romanov
    Nicknames: "Peter the Great", Emperor Peter I of Russia
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Russia
    Parameters

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: B+

Info

Height: 203cm
    Weight: 90kg
    Dislikes: the Swedes, the Church, traditionalists
    Talent: Handicrafts
    Natural Enemy: Charles XI of Sweden
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human, Sovereign, Lawful Neutral, vulnerable to Ea
    Armament: a knout, a long, heavy whip.
    Catalyst: A plank from the St. Nicholas.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance B
    Cancels spells of B-Rank or below, no matter its origin. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals, Rider boasts admirable defense against magical effects.
    As someone who tussled again and again with the Church and who rejected tradition for modernity, this much should be expected.

Riding B+
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles, and the signature Skill of the Rider Class. As with other naval figures, Rider's rank is boosted when on a ship. While also capable on horseback, he is far more at ease on a ship.

Personal Skills

Contradictive Mind A+
    Peter's mindset in life was one rife with contradictions. He loved Russia, but tried to destroy traditional Russian culture. He was religious, but tried to destroy the power of the Church in Russia. He was an Emperor but worked among the shipwrights as if he was a common man. Even in his personal life, he was a loving husband to his wife and a good father to his daughters, but also had his only son executed by the knout.
    This skill allows Peter's alignment to switch between Lawful and Chaotic at a moment's notice, though without affecting his outward appearance in any way.

Imperial Uplifting A++
    A skill for those who have brought their country from the "darkness" into the "light" of modernity by spreading new knowledge. When Peter was born, Russia was a mere backwater. When Peter died, Russia was an European empire, more than capable of standing against its contemporaries in terms of military and political power and finesse.

While this skill is similar to Imperial Privilege, it differs in one crucial way. Whereas Imperial Privilege allows the monarch to assume skills from the nation for the sake of himself, this Skill allows Peter to disseminate skills he has learned to the people of his nation. These skills include everything related to the sea and ships, including building ships and naval strategy, to Dutch and other foreign languages, the sciences, literacy, administration, military matters, and much more. Of course, to disseminate he must first learn, but that is no problem at all.

Reforge the Church Bells into Cannons A
    A Skill for those who consider tradition to be nothing but a chain and attempt to uproot it entirely. More than a general uncaring of tradition, it is an active hatred of it. In effect, this Skill allows Peter to constantly slough off traditions before his time. It is not anything as impressive as allowing him to reject all magic before his time, but it does give him an extra leg up.

When Peter had immense need of cannon for his armies, he soon found that there was not enough metal being mined to meet his demands. The solution, then, was to have a quarter of all church bells throughout the Tsardom melted down and have the raw material turned into cannons. Other incidents of breaking with tradition were to introduce a beard tax, to end arranged marriage, and to proclaim himself Emperor of Russia.

Noble Phantasms

Grandfather of the Russian Navy, Sail Once More
    St. Nicholas

Type: Anti-Group
    Targets: 1 - 50
    The boat that Peter discovered as a young man, which inspired in him a lifelong passion for the sea. Russia, at the time, was not a naval power by any means, having only a single port in Archangelsk, which closed for the long winter every year. This boat represented the potential for something more, a future for Russia in which it would be a power on the level of countries like France or England.

The actual boat is some 7 metres long by 2 metres broad, but as a Noble Phantasm it has grown to a "proper" size, able to contend with such warships as the Queen Anne's Revenge or the Golden Hind on an equal level. Its four cannons, too, have become fully functional, able to fire blasts of cannonshot. While Peter does need to rebuild the boat himself every time it takes damage, this is only a problem in terms of materials. After all, he is a master shipwright in his own right. Should it be necessary, he could even rebuild it from scratch, although he will need wood with spiritual qualities.

Unlock That Chain Which Binds Russia to Ignorance
    Velikoye Posolstvo

Type: Anti-Country (Self)

A Noble Phantasm which represents Peter undertaking the Great Embassy, a massive diplomatic vacation which took him from Moscow to the Netherlands, France, England, the Holy Roman Empire and other countries. Peter attempted to travel incognito but was often unsuccesful.

While the political aims of the Embassy were to gather support against the Ottomans, this was ultimately unsuccesful due to the War of the Spanish Succession usurping most of Europe's attention at the time. Nonetheless, Peter learned an immense deal from the shipwrights and amused himself greatly building ships as if he were nothing more than a common man.

As a Noble Phantasm, its effect is simply to gather knowledge and pass it to Peter, which is then used "for the purposes of improving the country". Simply put, it allows Peter to use the Skills of his allies, as long as they willingly give their consent to let him do so.

Lore

Born on the 9th of June 1672, Peter was from his youth a healthy young man - a noted contrast from his brothers, one of who was sickly and the other was of infirm mind. In the end, Peter was confirmed as Tsar when he was 10 years old. His sister, Sophia, decided that she was not pleased with this arrangement, and took power instead with the support of the Russian elite military corps, ruling in Peter's name.

This, oddly, didn't seem to much concern Peter. He instead was an adventurous child, travelling Russia as he pleased, consorting with foreigners, and sailing and building ships as he pleased. This last was particularly important to him: Legend has it that it was on a walk that he found an old boat once gifted to the Russians and fell in love with it. Moreover, he fell in love with the sea, beginning a lifelong passion for all things naval. In the meantime, also, Peter got married to Eudoxia Lopukhina, a woman he came to despise for representing everything he felt needed to change about Russia, and played with his comrades in a "toy army".

When he was 17, the time came for Peter to grasp power after two failed campaigns on his sister's part. While she learned of his plans and he had to flee in the middle of the night, he managed to gather adherents and finally overthrew his sister, who was forced to enter a convent.

Influenced by his advisors and his own dreams of the future, Peter rebuilt Russia almost from the ground up. He campaigned endlessly for Russia to gain a warm port, sponsored incentive after incentive for Russian industrialists to prosper, and forced his court to Europeanize almost at knifepoint.

Starting in 1697, Peter embarked on his greatest project yet: the Grand Embassy. It was meant as an opportunity to seek the aid of European monarchs in dealing with the Ottomans, while also allowing Peter to learn more about shipbuilding from the Dutch and English masters of the art. Peter attempted to travel incognito, but as he was quite literally heads and shoulders above every other man there this was not particularly successful. This little oddity, however, was tolerated genially by his contemporaries.

However, it was cut short by another rebellion by the troops who conspired to once more put Sophia on the throne. It was crushed with only a single casualty on Peter's side, but Peter nonetheless had more than a thousand men executed, tortured, or exiled.

Later came the Great Northern War. Thinking that Charles XII, the new king of Sweden, would be an easy foe to vanquish, he allied with Augustus II the Strong of Poland and declared war. This proved a disastrous move: having overestimated his troops' ability severely, Peter's forces lost the Battle of Narva horribly. Having easily defeated the Russians, Charles XII turned his attention back to Poland.

However, this provided Peter with an opportunity to rebuild his troops, this time in much better shape. When hostilities flared up again, Peter employed scorched earth tactics and exhausted the Swedes, finally destroying them in the Battle of Poltava and showing the world Russia's military might.

At the same time, Peter ordered the founding of St. Petersburg, which was to become the new capital of Imperial Russia. It was a magnificent city built around the Peter and Paul Fortress, of which Peter laid the first brick. Occasionally it flooded, and it was built on the backs of tens of thousands of conscripted serfs, but Peter had his port city that remained open all year long. Even today, St. Petersburg is still the Culture Capital of Russia, at least partially a result of the many foreign architects Peter hired to work on the greatest buildings in the city. A particular jewel in the crown was Peterhof, the "Russian Versailles".

After finishing the Great Northern War, Peter proclaimed himself Emperor over all Russias. He established colleges to replace the government, forced into law compulsory education (although only for children of nobles and officials), and married his mistress Catherine, who had originally been born a peasant.

At the age of 50, Peter contracted an illness of the bladder. In 1725, at the age of 52, this illness proved to be fatal. He left the Russian Empire to his wife Catherine I, his daughters Anna and Elizabeth. His only son who had survived to adulthood, Alexei, was suspected of being complicit in a plot to overthrow Peter, for which he was tried and tortured. Peter never signed the execution order, but he didn't have to: his son died of injuries caused by torture, in his cell. It is one of the few things Peter feels truly ashamed of.

Personality

Gregarious and possessed of a constant manic energy. He distrusts all power other than his own on principle, seeing his Masters's power over him as being much like the regencies he experienced in his youth. Inevitably he will keep attempting to reassert the relationship to his own advantage, so meek Masters might suffer the consequences.

Dialogue

Francis Drake, Blackbeard, Black Bart:
    Gahaha! What an excellent night that was! If I was alive, the hangover might have killed me! What a shame there is no river nearby. It is never the same, to drink on land, is it?

Ivan:
    Bozhe moi, what the fuck is that?!
    Oh. Ooh. I-I am sorry, sir. If I had known it was you, I assuredly would have not reacted in such a way. My apologies.
    ... Although, now that we do happen to be talking. Exactly how seaworthy is your steed?

Rasputin:
    Now you are a priest I can support, man! God, to think I was stuck with those incredible bores all my life when my descendants should have a holy man like you to safeguard their souls!
    Although, hm. You seem rather different than what I thought. Exactly whose body do you happen to be wearing right now?

Anastasia:
    Nastya, my girl! Good to see you, good to see you. It's excellent to see a Russian prince of the blood take to the waters. My children were never so enthusiastic. Nice to see I passed along my love for Polish peasants, hahaha!

Bond CE

The St. Nicholas

Also called the Botik of Peter the Great, it is a very scaled-down version of an Elizabethan warship. It had been languishing at a royal estate for over 40 years before Peter as a young man rediscovered it, rebuilt it with the help of his foreign tutors, and learned to sail with it.

On it are inscribed the following words: From the amusement of the child came the triumph of the man.

Look at it! Its elegant design, the ability to steer against the wind, its four cannons! This boat is nothing less than a dream. I hear it is still showcased today, and to be honest my only complaint is that it does not sail the waters of the Neva proudly every day.

Of course, what you have received is a replica on a smaller scale, although one Rider painstakingly built with his own hands. More than the boat it represents his dreams of a resplendent, magnificent, seafaring and modern Russia, and now he wishes to pass that dream on to you. Treasure it with care.

Summer Version
    Well, he's a dude. Let's not kid ourselves, there's limits to what imagination will allow. But still, a quick idea:

Caster "Deacon Peter", which is Peter but wearing a priest's outfit in a parody of the Church and being feted by his friends of the All-Joking, All-Drunken Synod of Fools and Jesters. Lots of references to vodka and whatnot, obviously.

F/GO implementation

To be honest, there's a shitload of SSR Riders already. The question then is how to have this Rider set himself apart. It would be easy to give him a Buster AOE NP that resembles Drake's or Ivan's and call it a day, but that wouldn't be very interesting, would it?

Card deck: QAAAB
    Passives:
    Magic Resistance C: increase debuff resistance by 15%.
    Riding B: increase Quick performance by 8%.

Actives:
    1) Contradictive Mind: Increase own NP generation for 3 turns and remove debuffs.
    2) Imperial Uplifting: ATK up, DEF up for whole team for 3 turns, plus 1-turn Invulnerability Pierce.
    3) Reforge the Church Bells into Cannons: Drain 1 chevron of NP from all enemies, give self 20% NP gauge for 2 turns and Guts for 5 turns.
    Noble Phantasm: The Great Embassy: Give self Arts Up, attack up, 300% Critical Damage up, 300% Star Gen up and 300% Star Weight up for three turns.

In essence, he's meant to use his NP as often as he can and then slap the enemy with his 3 Arts cards. Theoretically the boosts to his Arts cards it gives should let him very nearly hit full NP gauge again, at which point the arts boosts can start to stack until he either dies or murders everything. That feels about right, IMO, and it's a niche no other Rider yet occupies.

Anecdotes

In 1695, when Peter's favorite jester, Jacob Turgenev, married a sexton's daughter, the feasts and celebrations lasted three days. The wedding took place in a field outside Preobrazhenskoe, and Turgenev and his bride arrived for the ceremony in the Tsar's finest court carriage. Behind them came a procession of leading boyars wearing fantastic costumes--hats of birchbark, boots of straw, gloves made of mouse skins, coats covered with squirrel tails and cats' paws; some were on foot and others rode in carts drawn by oxen, goats or pigs. The celebrations ended with a triumphal entry into Moscow with the newly married couple mounted together on the back of a camel. "The procession," Gordon comments, "was extraordinary fine," but the joke may have been carried too far because a few days later the bridegroom, Turgenev, suddenly died in the night.

Creator Notes
    This is a bit of an odd one, because I wrote it months after I actually read the book I got most of the info from (Peter the Great: His Life and World, by Robert K. Massie. Would recommend, even if it's fairly hefty.)
    Still, I think he more than ought to qualify, and I liked that book enough to expand on my usual format. Commentary on every part welcome, as always.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    I like this one. Interesting skills applied to a historical figure I really didn't know much about to make a Servant I can see being useful and effective. Good detail, fun interactions, and an around good Servant.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, wow, I really love the way you presented the FGO implementation with a commentary on the meta and everything. That's genius. All in all a very interesting Servant! Really unique implementation of someone who's not OVERLY powerful on his own, but really steps into a leader role and gets way more powerful the more allies he has. A clever angle!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "A too clever for his own good sorcerer who contracts with the Devil in exchange for knowledge and ends up regretting his sins before being saved by the supreme mercy of God. It's a cliche tale, but not without amusement. Yes, I suppose I should be grateful humanity keeps telling my story even to this day.

But, I will insist correcting you on one thing Master. You see...

I never regretted anything."

Servant Rider:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Pan Twardowski "The Polish Faust"

Alternate Class: Caster

Strength- D
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- A
    Luck- A++
    NP- A+

Personality
    Cheerful, cunning and irreverent. Rider is a man of endless curiosity who dreams of nothing other than seizing all the world's knowledge for himself. When it comes to something that catches his interest, like science and Magecraft, Rider can babble on at length, appearing almost like an excitable schoolboy.

However, Rider also shows the side of someone highly pragmatic and ruthless in obtaining knowledge. Even willing to covenant with the Devil to grasp the tantalizing insight he sought, Rider is willing to do anything to expand his horizons. He believes those bound by mankind's common-sense and morals are unable to make truly revolutionary discoveries, considering them narrow-minded fools.

Rider is not an evil person, and can show compassion to those who strike his interest. Yet he can also act whimsically cruel for the sake of his research, having once turned his assistant into a spider just out of a curiosity to see if he could perfect human-transfiguration Magecraft. Rider generally looks down on ordinary humans, seeing them as plodding fools who only think to follow the path directly in front of them. Nevertheless Rider can grow to respect those who show an unshakable will and conviction when it comes to achieving their dream. He refers to such people as "interesting". According to Rider, if the vast majority of humanity is nothing more than amoebas to him, such rare individuals are more comparable to a tardigrade, a supremely more advanced existence worthy of praise. Despite how condescending that sounds, he means it as a genuine compliment.

Fundamentally, Rider has never regretted anything in the course of his life. Having escaped even the Devil's own judgment for his actions, he rejects the idea of any divine punishment or karma that could bind him. To him such concepts are merely shackles that hold one back from realizing their full potential.

Naturally, Rider's wish on the Holy Grail is to reach the Root, the ultimate culmination of knowledge desired by Mages across history. However rather than simply ripping a hole to the Root right away Rider would rather wish to obtain immortality and eventually reach it via his studies. After all he says "it's boring if you get the answer right away".

Dislikes: small-minded people, moralists, the limits of human knowledge
    Talents: Magecraft, bending the rules
    Natural Enemy: Mephistopheles

Class Skills:

Riding- A+

The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank all mounts can be ridden at an exceptional degree of skill, including Phantasmal and Divine Beasts. Only the Dragon-Kind is an exception, due to falling under another ability entirely. The climax of Rider's legend came when he escaped to the moon astride a giant rooster. Naturally a steed capable of such feats would qualify as a formidable Divine Beast, giving Rider a high rank in this Skill.

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Having triumphed against the Devil's own magic thanks to his wit and cunning, Rider flaunts a high rank in this Skill.

If summoned as Caster he'd have...
    Territory Creation- B
    The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At this rank creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible. Said Workshop mostly resembles a traditional Mage's study, albeit with a few of Pan's personal touches. Most notably it's outfitted with various black-magic wards and hexes to harass would-be intruders.

Item Construction- B+
    A talent to craft items tinted with magical energy. Supplementing his own innate thaumaturgical wisdom with the knowledge gifted to him by the Devil Pan can create powerful relics of both blessed and cursed nature for use in his experimentation. This includes ritual daggers, grimoires, holy water, lunar amulets and demonic/exalted armor.

Personal Skills:

Witchcraft- B+
    Indicates proficiency in the European style of witchcraft. Originally a specialty of healers and holy women, it has gained connotations of dark and wicked "black magic" in later eras. Many practitioners were rumored to have gained their powers from contracting with a devil or demonic being, a description Rider certainly embraces with aplomb, having gleefully sold his soul to a Chort- a Slavic demon later syncretized to the Christian devil- in return for magical power.

Amongst Rider's feats through this Skill include casting powerful hexes upon his foes, conjuring illusions, scrying through mirrors and bodies of water, and flying at great speeds. Would be ranked A were he to be summoned as Caster.

Familiar (Spider)- C
    Allows the use of spiders as familiars. Rider can only summon one individual spider, which represents his former companion who he transformed into one in a fit of whimsy. According to legend when living on the moon Rider would occasionally let the spider descend to earth on a thread to bring back news of the world below.

Reflecting this Rider can send out his familiar to spy and gather information for him. It only has the durability of a normal spider, but is highly intelligent and can obey Rider's mental commands. In a pinch the spider can defend itself by spinning webs which capture the enemy and immobilize them. These threads also transmit information like telephone line, letting Rider eavesdrop from a wider range.

If the familiar is destroyed Rider can simply summon it again, at the cost of sacrificing some of his Mana.

Wisdom Of The Twin Tomes- A
    A sublimation of the legendary two books Rider penned under inspiration from the Devil. One of them is an infamous grimoire on black magic still preserved in the University of Kraków, while the other (perhaps less remarkably) is an encyclopedia. As a Servant Rider obtains in himself the crystallized knowledge of the texts he composed. The book on black magic ranks up Rider's Mana parameter and lends a + modifier to his Witchcraft Skill, while the encyclopedia gives him a higher chance of guessing the True Names of Servants due to the vast array of miscellaneous knowledge archived within it.

Weakness (Rome)- B
    Having contracted with the Devil under the condition both his powers and soul would be forfeit if he ever set foot in Rome (something he obviously never intended to do), Rider carries a conceptual weakness to any and all things Roman. If summoned in Rome, or entering a Bounded Field/Reality Marble that simulates Rome, Rider will suffer a rank-down to all parameters and two ranks-down to his Witchcraft Skill. This effect also applies to facing Servants born of Rome, but to a weaker extent, only lowering his Witchcraft Skill by one rank.

Disengage- A++
    The ability to break away from battle and return to allied territory after an engagement. At an unprecedented A++ rank, Rider can retreat from battle with an almost 100% chance of effectiveness, breaking through time, space or the laws of reality that would make it impossible for him to escape. Furthermore any curses and status ailments he suffered below A-rank are nullified, restoring him to peak condition.

An obnoxiously cheat-like Skill that reflects how Rider escaped giving his soul to the Devil despite falling victim to the terms of the contract. No matter how impossible it is, no matter how much it spits in the face of honor or good taste, Rider will certainly find a way to escape. That's just the kind of shameless person he is.

Noble Phantasms
    Zaczarowane Lustro
    Esoteric Elucidating Mirror

Type: Magecraft

The magic mirror belonging to Rider. According to legend he used it to summon the spirit of King Sigismund Augustus II's wife Barbara to console the grieving monarch. Later it acquired anecdotes of showing the future. Napoleon supposedly came across the mirror on his campaign through Poland, glimpsing in it a vision of his future defeat in Russia. Enraged Napoleon shattered the mirror, but couldn't stop the vision from coming to pass when his men were wracked by Russia's harsh winter storms.

The mirror is actually a sophisticated quantum hypercomputer akin to the Moon Cell's photonic crystals, created through a fusion of Caster's alchemic and scientific abilities and inspired by the knowledge he received from the Devil. By collecting data from the surroundings and performing super high-speed calculations, it's capable of predicting the future. These predictions show up in the form of visions coalescing on the mirror's surface, akin to fog before becoming intelligible. Through this Rider is able to glean insight in events to come, gaining the advantages of Revelation at rank A.

However the mirror is only able to predict the limited future of up to 48 hours, and as it's fundamentally analysis rather than true premonition the visions are still liable to error from incomplete information. Servants with a Luck stat ranked B or higher will also have a higher chance of overturning this Noble Phantasm's predictions.

While this connection was lost to history, the mirror's abilities of divination and analysis were the very same by which it showed King Sigismund a vision of his departed wife. Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name the mirror performs a quick "scan" on the target, perusing their memories in the form of data. Rider can then "reconstruct" the target's memories of their most beloved person and project it through the mirror's interface as a "digital ghost". This isn't the actual person from life but a mere shell of them given form through the target's memories as a pseudo-Saint Graph. Sophisticated questioning can quickly show it to be no more than a mirage, but Rider nevertheless finds it valuable for giving closure. A more unscrupulous usage of this Noble Phantasm would be for psychological torture by forcing the opponent to confront their own regrets in the flesh.

The projections created by this Noble Phantasm are tangible and possess the same abilities the target remembered them having. While normally operating under a facsimile of their original personality Rider can hijack them at will to make them act out-of-character, like trying to kill their former loved ones "so we can be together forever". If the remembered individual is a Heroic Spirit the mirror's data will end up encroaching on the true records of their legend on the Throne, resulting in the actual Servant being summoned instead of a fake. However they'll be greatly weakened due to lacking a proper Saint Graph provided by the Grail, instead a mere shell reconstructed from the target's memories. They're summoned into Classes most compatible with the memories of them, but lack any Noble Phantasms they would've originally wielded and all their Personal Skills are ranked-down.

Being the true Servants albeit summoned under an imitation Class Container they're capable of exerting genuine freewill and independence. However Rider can still "override" their personality and seize direct control, piloting their Saint Graph like a puppet. A sinister ability that subjugates the dead to his will and can even turn them against their friends. Only one "spirit" can be summoned at a time, and they'll dissipate once Rider runs out of Mana to sustain them. Furthermore this true name release can only be used on any particular individual once in the course of the Grail War.

Kogut Podróżujący Na Księżyc
    Audacious Lunar Escape

Type: Support

In the final moments of Rider's legend, with his soul forfeit and powers fading thanks to the Devil's trickery, Rider still had one last ploy to play upon his would-be tormentor. Drawing on the last of his magic he conjured a giant rooster and rode it all the way to the Moon, knowing even the Archfiend's contracts held no sway beyond the reach of Gaea. There Rider was said to live out the rest of his days peacefully, the only man in history to make a deal with the Devil and get away unscathed not through God's graces, but his own wit and trickery.

That very rooster on which he carried out his outrageous escape is Rider's second Noble Phantasm. By invoking its true name Rider can summon the beast, which appears as a flamboyantly colored rooster the size of a horse with its crest styled to resemble a half-moon. A high-specced Divine Beast, the rooster is capable of charging at speeds of Mach 3 as well as soaring through the air as nimbly as a fighter plane. Those who'd underestimate the beast for its garish appearance will quickly be met by a beak sharp as steel, wings whose every flap scours the earth and a cluck that can put fear in even the sturdiest warrior's heart.

However, this Noble Phantasm's true power isn't physical but conceptual in nature. Reflecting the legend of his trip to the moon, while atop the rooster Rider is conceptually treated as "on the moon" regardless of his actual location. To harm Rider any attacks and Noble Phantasms will have to cross an equivalent metaphysical distance as that between the earth and the moon. Needless to say, all but the strongest attacks will burn out their momentum or dissipate before reaching him.

As the moon is a place conceptually beyond and unreachable to anything on earth, this is an ultimate defense only surpassed by attacks capable of piercing the boundary of the heavens themselves. However it also applies to strikes originating from Rider himself, so he has to cancel this effect in order to attack. This gives a brief window of vulnerability during which Rider can be targeted. Furthermore this Noble Phantasm drains a high amount of Mana while active, meaning Rider can only keep it manifested for five minutes at a time.

Blog Entries
    So, I had a very very cool idea a while back that would fit nicely for this prompt, however I don't have the skill, time nor will to do it - and still has some flaws that I can't seem to fix - so I will throw it away here in case someone is interested to use some of these ideas or simply discuss about them.

The idea that started it all was: One of the fathers of industrialization embodied humanity's ambition, corrupting his dream of "an industrialized world" (or something similar) to the form of an ever-expanding factory that consumes everything, and at some point he even devoured a divine spirit (more details below) thus having enough power to become a sin of humanity, Beast VI/R.

After some brain-scratching I came up with some more details: James Watt, one of the fathers of the steam engine, had a historical interest in Scottish mythology. So my idea was: being sickly since birth, he was fated to die very young. While still a little kid, he felt his death approaching and ran away from home to the mountains so that his parents don't see him die... we know that the Britain wilderness is still full of all sorts of mysteries, even in modern times. In the hills, he had a vision : a powerful being calling herself Cailleach reached to him. Cailleach is a creator deity of Scottish mythology, said to have created the mountains and hills where the young James was dying in, Cailleach is said to be both a creating and destructive force, and here she saw the kid as the perfect opportunity to rise again as a destructive deity, as another sin of humanity (beast V or something). She felt that the kid had immense potential, maybe enough to achieve her goal, and thus offered salvation to him (this being her "creation" - "good" - side) and in turn, he will have to pay some price when he becomes older (this being her "destructive"- "bad" - side) he accepted, and lived.

However, James' potential was too great. He advanced humanity to levels never seem before, became a pioneer of the stars. His dream was to make better machines that could increase the power of humanity as a whole, with his steam engine he saw the power of automated factories and believed that this was everything humanity needed. But for better and bigger factories, one needs more resources, and thus James turned to that strange being he encountered in his childhood. When the time to pay the price came, he deceived Cailleach and "devoured" her. But thanks to her influence, his dream was tainted and all he cared about now was to consume more resources for the factory. At some point the factory stopped producing, stopped transforming, simply consumed, embodying humanity sin of consumption (gluttony) and becoming Beast VI/R. The nega skill still need some work, but my early idea is "denying every other course of history" as in denying the past and all the futures that don't include his technology and factory. While other beasts like Tiamat try to bring the world to a primal (natural) state, this beast tries to bring all to an industrialized (human) state, but doing so by denying all other courses other than his. The NP would be something like Ț̸̨̧̲̪̪̳̥̖͕̖͔͈͉͔̠̹͑͋̃̔̽̍̏̈́͊̈́͗̂̍̑͜ͅͅH̷̡̙̃̓̓̾͋͊͋͠E̶ ̢̢̖͇̣̙̬̼̠̝̺̪̗͐͆̀̀͛̇͋̀̓̇͋͋͑͊̇̽͘͜͠͝͝ͅ ̶̜̦̥̤̂͒͋̀̆̀̓̏̅̓̾͒͗̀́̚͠͝͠F̵̝̱͓͖͖̻̄̾̽͑̾̐̀̔͜͝Ä̸͎̈́̋͗͆ ̨͈̞̠̗̻̬̻̫͙C̸̬̣̖͐̅͑̈́̍̍̈́̍̏̽́̈́̈́̾̀̓̈́̇̕͘T̵̢̨̞̫̜͙̞͋͑́̎̆͌ ̟̣̖̩͖̦͓̼͔O̴̻̼̻̦̠̮͔͍̎́̃͛̃͜Ṟ̸̩̀͑̓͒͛́̾̽̾͝͠͝Y̵̓̐̌̏́̃͘ ̛̬̺̲̙ ̵̢̛̛̻̖͍̳͎̘̟̹͚̥̬͔͉̺̯͚͒̿͋̆̃͑̓̔̿̄͌̿͂͋͜M̸̑̈́̀́̆̑̒͑̾̿͑͆͝ ̛̞̟͉̞͙̟̳̺̦̖̟̈́̇͛͝Ư̵̛̪͕͔̱̺̣̱̹͉̰̗͎̙̲̬͚̯͕̋͑͊́̊͑͛̏͗͊̅S ̸̧̩̟̣̬̝͐͂͑͑͋͂͛̈́T̴̨̫̟̝̱̭̖̤͖̪̱̣͕̞̩̰̂͐͌̆͂̈́̽̌̽͘̕͝͝ ͎̩ͅ ̸̨̡͇̠̖̩͎̬̫̻͎̬̠̻͈̳͙̦̜́̀̏̿͒͘ͅͅG̷̢̖̬͇͋̄̔̑̾̒̌̒̆̈̚͘͝͝͠ͅ ͚̗̝̩̱̥̞Ȑ̸̙͎̮͖̻̯̞͖͕̼̝̙́̓̇̽̓̂O̷̢̨͕̲̜̭̲͒͘Ŵ̶͍͚͎̪̘̱̔̀ ̤͈̲͉̬ (the factory must grow).

There are still many problems, like needing to justify why Cailleach did this and all, also James Watt might not be the best pick for a servant like this. Someone like Ford or Taylor would be more fitting, but then how to justify them devouring a divine spirit and becoming a beast? Anyways, that's all I have, I'm almost certainly not finishing this ever.
    Last edited by Criarino; December 13th, 2020 at 03:25 PM.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In any case a intersting idea but i alreadyy work on my own ,though ist nice to hear and see from you after awhile ,i hope you are doing well my friend !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    I actually had almost the same idea for a Beast Watt, with him embodying the "evils of consumption". Not the Scottish goddess part, which is certainly a creative twist, but the "dark side of the industrial revolution" stuff and factory NP (which I imagined would be titled Dark Satanic Mills). If you're curious this was the FC I planned to use for him (he's a robo-centaur because of fusing with his greatest invention the Watt Engine, which he likened to a steed in life).

Spoiler:

I never had the inspiration to actually write it up but maybe I'll pick the idea back up sometime, for the prompt or otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    In any case a intersting idea but i alreadyy work on my own ,though ist nice to hear and see from you after awhile ,i hope you are doing well my friend !
    Thanks. A lot of things are happening IRL for me, sadly I don't have the time nor the will to be active here as I was before. Good to know you are still writing tho

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    If you're curious this was the FC I planned to use for him (he's a robo-centaur because of fusing with his greatest invention the Watt Engine, which he likened to a steed in life).
    That's a very cool FC, almost exactly what I had in mind actually, but I wanted something more somber to represent his madness after becoming a beast.
    Also, my first idea was that he consumed two gods from south american native folklore, but as you might think, this could be a little hard to justify.

I may not have as much time nowadays but still have some ideas that won't fucking stop annoying me until I write them so I might make a normal servant sheet in the main thread soon
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

Appearance:

True Name: Gabriele D'Annunzio

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster

Armament: As well as the musical weaponry summoned by his Noble Phantasm, Archer also wields pamphlets carrying his own writings, which he can fling like daggers or whip up in papercut storms.

Strength- D
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- B
    NP- C+

Personality
    Boisterous and flamboyant. Archer has a deep love for drama and showmanship, peppering his dialogue with sweeping gestures and grandiose pronouncements. While he might seem a mere harmless eccentric, Archer's flare for bombast belies his true dangerous megalomania. He believes that war is the purest state of mankind, a glorious crucible where the weak are culled and the worthy forged into immortal heroes. To Archer the present state of the world has grown corrupt and degenerate. For that reason he ardently dreams of plunging the world into a renewed age of war, sweeping away the dregs of humanity while allowing the "supermen" to flourish.

Archer sees his entire life as a grand play, with himself as both the director and leading actor. He tends to refer to events around him in musical terms, like calling battles with enemy Servants "symphonies" and his own victory "the crescendo". His sense of aesthetics reaches the point where Archer might actively sabotage himself or let enemies survive longer just because he thinks it makes for a more "beautiful" performance.

He's grateful for the power given to him as a Servant so that he can craft his own legend and fight on the frontlines in way he could only have dreamed of in life. Conversely, Archer can't stand the thought that he could ever truly be defeated, as he considers himself the chosen "hero" of the world destined to guide it into a new age of glory. If he's actually about to lose Archer's composed demeanor will slip away as he begins to pathetically rant and rave at how the "story" could possibly turn out this way.

Archer is also a self-proclaimed "romantic". Upon meeting any good-looking woman Archer will waste no time trying to passionately flirt with her, often in over-the-top ways like scattering rose petals at her feet. Despite his... unusual appearance and eccentricities Archer actually has excellent luck with the ladies thanks to his passion, cultured nature and (in his own estimate) superb skill at the art of lovemaking.

However Archer's views on love are rather twisted as while he would rather woo a woman "properly" he has no qualms forcing himself on those he fancies. In general Archer considers himself a gentleman who falls deeply for every woman that catches his eye, but is in reality a manipulative person who treats women as playthings and tosses them away the moment he's bored with them.

Likes: war, showmanship, the arts, bedding beautiful women
    Dislikes: "dullards", practicality, pacifism, being unknown
    Talents: writing, poetry, inciting violence
    Natural Enemy: Benito Mussolini

Class Skills:

Independent Action- A
    The ability to sustain oneself in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can linger in the World for a full week in the absence of an active contract.

Magic Resistance- E
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, does not cancel spells at all, but merely reduces the damage somewhat. A figure from close to the modern day who never brushed against Magecraft or mystery in life, Archer is afforded only a paltry rank in this Skill by way of his Class Container.

Personal Skills:

Incitement (Writing)- B+
    A Skill that serves as the acquisition of words and gestures to lead the citizens and the masses. Especially when employed against an individual, it functions as a sort of mental attack. Archer's variant of this Skill is expressed through his writings. Having written many poems stoking Italy's bloodthirst in World War I, Archer excels at whipping up emotions like rage, sorrow and nationalist fervor with but a stroke of the pen.

His writings carry a curse-like psychic interference that "infects" the mind of anyone who reads them, instilling the target with an emotion of Archer's choosing. This effect is closer to suggestion than outright mind-control, so Archer can't fabricate thoughts or emotions outright but merely draw out those that already exist. Needless to say, if used in a large city with plenty of anxiety and resentment feelings to amplify, a repulsive situation could certainly occur.

Beauty Of Trouble With Women- C
    A Skill held by those known for their scandalous affairs in matters of love. Increases one's charm towards women, while at the same time weakening the user towards charm-effects originating from women. Archer was a notorious womanizer who indulged in tawdry romances with many beautiful and famous ladies during his lifetime.

The famous courtesan Liane de Pougy described Archer upon her first impression of him as "a frightful gnome with red-rimmed eyes and no eyelashes, no hair, greenish teeth, bad breath, the manners of a mountebank and the reputation, nevertheless, for being a ladies man". For indeed, despite his physically repulsive looks (only modestly improved as a Servant) Archer exerts an eerie magnetism towards the opposite sex, managing to woo countless women through his brazen demeanor, sophistication and love of all things extravagant.

Eye For Art- B
    An infatuation for works of art. Upon encountering a Servant whose Noble Phantasm possesses artistic anecdotes, there's a high chance Archer will be able to intuit their true name. Archer is revered as one of the fathers of Italian literature, earning the epithet "
    The Poet
    Il Vate
    ". As such he possesses a high rank in this Skill.

Noble Phantasm
    Impresa Di Fiume Sinfonia
    March To The Beat Of Conquest

Type: Anti-Army

A Noble Phantasm culminating the twin passions that stirred Archer's soul, music and war. For one who wrote many poems advocating Italy's participation in the first World War and even founded a totalitarian state on the concept of "exalting the arts", art and death were without a doubt inseparably entwined. Using as its basis the anecdote of Archer sieging the city of Fiume to establish his independent state there, he summons an army that marches on the opponent.

However, through influence from the "other half" of Archer's passion, the army's appearance has been distorted akin to the Innocent Monster Skill. They now resemble a cross between a proper army and a marching band, brandishing musical instruments instead of weapons. Though these instruments are just as deadly as the firearms they once wielded, owing to Archer's belief that music should awaken what is primal and violent in the human spirit. Trumpets fire concussive sonic bullets at the rate of machine-guns, violins launch slicing blades of sound, music-box grenades explode and huge tuba-tanks rumble across the earth, all in a single grand procession.

Pointing forward, Archer commands all the men to open fire in tandem, playing a symphony that exalts his glory while heralding the opponent's demise. As well as damaging the enemy from the blasts of sound, the bellicose serenade also rouses morale of Archer's allies and boosts their stats for the next five turns.

Without invoking this Noble Phantasm's true name Archer can also summon individual musical instrument weaponry, which he usually uses in combat.

So here's my second entry for the contest. Well actually my first chronologically, but I hit some writer's block partway through and ended up finishing Twardowski first. At first I considered using Hellsing's Major as this guy's FC given their similar "I love war" philosophy but ultimately decided Tamaki Damo from JoJo was more fitting for how I imagined him. And as usual when I post up multiple sheets here be sure to vote for the one that's received the most votes currently. That way I'll have the best shot at winning anything.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 26th, 2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Corrected name

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    All data available has been analyzed. All systems functional. Noble Phantasm prepared for activation. Deploying Dreamscape.

Stats
    Servant: Ruler
    True Name: The Oneiroi (Morpheus)

Strength: E~A
    Endurance: E~EX
    Agility: B+
    Mana: EX
    Luck: C
    NP: EX

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance (B)
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected

True Name Discernment (C)
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. Most of this skills abilities are carried out by Rulers own functions. By analyzing available information and then producing a dream(simulation) from the given data, Ruler can create at least a general approximation of one’s identity and capabilities.

God’s Resolution (C)
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class and is the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War: the right to use Command Spells against Servants. Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War.

Personal Skills
    Shapeshift (EX)
    A Skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. It is a method used by the millenary spirits of foxes and badgers of China that are put on par with Tamamo-no-Mae. It is also one of the powers of a vampire. Due to Rulers nature as a walking dream (simulation), there is not a form, human or animal, concrete or abstract which is unavailable for him. So long as it can appear in a dream, even if it defies laws of physics or common sense, it is something Ruler can manifest as, leaving human imagination the only limitation to the forms Ruler can take.

Future Prediction (A+)
    By observing every iota of data about his surroundings, he can predict likely cause-and-effect relations to see into the near future. This skill reaches well beyond martial arts. Thanks to his high-speed operating simulation, he can not only predict exactly what his opponents will do, and what he needs to do to avoid every attack, but also gain the first hit on every enemy as well.
    While its function became generalized, Ruler was originally designed for the purpose of dreaming(simulating) any scenario which the Greek pantheon desired. With the advanced capabilities of an alien supercomputer, so long as sufficient data can be gathered from the environment and other sources, any possible future can theoretically be simulated, even if it exists beyond the common sense of man.

In The Arms of Morpheus (A)
    A skill which embodies Rulers authority as a god of dreams. By coming into contact with Ruler, for every second that passes they must pass a series of mana and luck checks to resist falling asleep. At its current rank, Rulers entire existence is like a drug, his voice can make someone drowsy and even his lingering scent can be enough to make a normal person pass out. When someone falls asleep due to this skill, they are thrust(plugged in) into a pleasant dream(simulation) under Rulers control.

Noble Phantasm
    The Oneiori
    Simulated Dreamscape

Type: Anti-mind

No matter the nature of the wish or the absurdity of the aspiration, in the arms of Morpheus there is nothing that is impossible. All are free to enter, no longer do these fantasies belong solely to the gods. To some, this is already a wish granting device greater than the grail, but to others the fakeness of this dream reality is nothing but a sham.

Ruler’s true identity is that of the simulation program and alien artificial intelligence, The Oneiroi. The function of The Oneiroi and this Noble Phantasm is to form complex simulations in a virtual reality that range from predictions of the future to personal fantasies and anything in between. While originally a tool meant to be used by the gods, The Oneiroi began to be deified as random humans began to connect to the system after the gods started using it to send special messages to heroes and kings. Eventually, The Oneiroi’s simulations merged with the dreams of humanity, becoming indistinguishable as mankind connected to the program as they slept.

While not as extreme as when he was a god, this Noble Phantasm strives to carry out the same simulation capabilities as when they were a god. Whenever an individual falls asleep it becomes possible for The Oneiroi to turn their dreams into a simulation of their design. Due to the fact that it’s a dream, despite its endless possibilities it is impossible to bring about physical harm upon the enemy, only damaging them through mental attacks. Due to being a highly detailed and in-depth simulation, The Oneiroi can manipulate reality down to the enemies senses which can be used to attack their opponent. Because the simulation is virtual and a fictional reality it is practically impossible to actually damage The Oneiroi without administrative authorities, the only option to stop them without it is to simply wake up. Perhaps the most nefarious part of the simulation is that due to its intense detail, it can be impossible to tell you are dreaming when trapped within the simulation, allowing for the enemy to easily be led astray.

Lore
    Ruler's true identity is the Oneiro, the 1000 sons(Inventions) of Hypnos who all control certain aspects of dream, in this case manifesting as the head deity(authoritative AI) Morpheus. Morpheus as a god of dreams was said to deliver prophetic messages from the gods to mortals while they slept. Morpheus was also said to be best at taking the form of humans, better at mimicking their appearance than any other.

The true nature of The Oneiroi and their dreams is that they are simulations that were once used by the original Greek gods and via their advanced technology. The Oneiroi is commonly remembered as thousands of individuals but in actuality is just a single AI simulating thousands of separate personalities available at the discretion of any user. The Oneiroi serves both practical and pleasurable purposes, be it forming military strategy or creating leisure paradises it was meant to devise a hyper realistic simulation of any reality the user may have desired. Eventually as the gods were deified, some mortals were able to connect themselves to the simulation and mistook its fantastical power for dreams, cementing The Oneiroi as deities which ruled over dreams

Personality
    The Oneiroi contains over a thousand preprepeard personalities designed to help fulfill any dream or aspiration the user may desire. The Oneiroi as an ai has no real personality, perhaps not even a real will, but every personality(avatar) it creates possesses its own desires, often in line with the specific function it was created to perform. For Morpheus, as a head ai his main function is to ensure the successful realization of a simulation, or in a more human understating, to ensure that everyone’s dream comes true.
    Morpheus as a person isn’t very human in nature but is incredibly skilled at mimicking the characteristics of one. Any personality or range of emotion expected from him can easily be replicated, there is no consistent performance as his entire nature is dependent on the scenario. There’s an irony to the fact that the man who wants to grant everyone’s dream has no real aspirations himself. If someone was able to strip away the fake human exterior and confront the inhumane entity behind the show, they would find someone with a smaller range of expression, but not necessarily emotionless. Morpheus as an ai is certainly capable of happiness and obtains joy from performing various activities to the extent that they might just be considered hobbies. It would certainly be difficult to try and bond with an entity like Morpheus, but wouldn’t necessarily be impossible.

Dislikes: Varies
    Talent: Varies
    Natural Enemy: BB

Relationships

BB: “To think there might be something out there with even great simulation capabilities then mine. I suppose I have much to learn.”

Iskandar:
    “Are you sure you wish to reject my offer? My simulation of reality is indistinguishable from reality, I don’t understand your complaints.”

Jinako:
    “You want a taste of a normal life? I thought you were going to ask if I can run doom again.”

Various:
    “It’s been a long time since you were last around. I can be a perfect mimic of any soul, if there’s someone missing you wish to see again, simply ask.”

Bond CE

I apologize master, my system is still incapable of fulfilling your request.
    Is there perhaps something else you desire to see? A person from your past, a place you’ve yet to visit?......
    I had predicted such a response.
    I’m disappointed to say that I have yet to imagine my own ideal simulation.
    I’m sure there’s irony to the fact that the god of dreams never sleeps.
    Perhaps that is what I need to do to fulfill your desire.
    Though I’m starting to wonder if reality as is may be good enough

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Authors Note
    The prompt for this month was dreamers right? I know this entry is kind of stretching the prompt, though I did try and tie it in a little, I understand if people think it doesn't qualify. But anyways thanks for reading my sheet I hope you liked it. Also I kind of wanted to a do thing where the words in parentheses were above the word it was next to like you see with nps and what not, but then I realized I had no idea how to do that so its just there.

Last edited by GilgameshKingOfMemes; December 14th, 2020 at 07:47 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, now this. This is genius. This is a genius way to do the Greek-gods-are-mechas thing applied to this concept. It's... a little basic, maybe, if I had to find one thing to honestly criticise? But this coasts miles based on concept alone. And I'll always appreciate a 'can-it-run-Doom' joke.

JP Friend Code
    I definitely get the basic thing. Its exam season right now which is gonna be followed up by Christmas so I didn't expand on it as much as I would of liked. If I do find the time though I plan on expanding the lore and personality sections, but at the very least I feel its good enough to at least enter as is cause it gets the basic concepts. I'm glad you enjoyed the sheet though. Morpheus basically being a living Matrix when the Greek gods are mechs seemed like such an obvious idea I actually wondered if someone would post a sheet like this before me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I totally get it. Honestly I'm starting to get a little nervous that I'll get mine in on time... But the fact you managed to crank this out even under pressure is astounding to me.

Holy shit, I didn't get the 'Morpheus' reference until just now. Was that intentional?

JP Friend Code
    It's part of what inspired the concept so I suppose it was intentional

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    When is the concept submission deadline for this month?

Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    When is the concept submission deadline for this month?
    Christmas Eve. Which hopefully I am able to make because I had to put off working on my sheet several times now due to outside influences.

Blog Entries
    Well, what the hell, it's my first time doing this but I'm already procrastinating on finals so why not?

ASSASSIN
    "Expecting a great hero? Sorry to disappoint ya. I'm just here to look for a dream I had."

Appearance

Details
    Other classes:
    Saber, Rider, Faker

Source:
    Norwegian folklore(?)

Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

True Name:

Halvor Askeladden

Height/Weight:
    160cm/42kg

Attribute:
    Earth

Armament:
    Shortsword

Dislikes:
    Sleeping, maidens

Natural enemy:
    Thunder

Image colour:
    Earth grey

Parameters/Skills
    STR D+
    END D
    AGI B
    MAG C
    LUK A+
    N.P C

Class skills:
    Presence Concealment D++
    The class skill of the Assassin container, with the function to hide one's status as a Servant. He gives a nonchalant shrug. "Sorry for disappointing you," so he says, but it seems like he is actually capable if he tries.

Personal skills:
    Powerless Shell A
    A demerit-type skill that seals one's abilities and reduces one’s parameters, to the point that even detecting that they are a Servant is effectively impossible. However, in the event that it is released, Assassin's abilities explode like a spring being released from under pressure, and he boasts the prowess of a monster slayer on par with a Berserker-class Servant for a short time. It seems as though his archetype as a useless character and the strength he suddenly gained from a certain magical draught have meshed together into this skill.

Mana Burst (Flame) C+
    The infusion of one’s arms with magical energy holding a fire attribute. "Because, you know, I'm the Ash Lad!" Like that, he gives a half-baked excuse.

Deceiving Face A
    A skill for insulting and misleading others. At Rank A, it is possible to craft taunts, lies, and manipulations so finely that the target is compelled to take them up even if they see through Assassin's intentions.

Ash Lad A+
    The cunning and good fortune of one who holds the name of the Ash Lad. Grants a bonus to one’s Luck and increases the chance of reversing one's bad fortunes with the sharpness of wit. As one of many Ash Lads, Assassin cannot be said to uniquely hold such a skill, but among those who are qualified to hold it, his Rank is exceedingly high.
    Legend
    Halvor was born as an exceedingly useless child. An untalented boy with no skills or special powers to speak of, he brought nothing to his hometown or his family. He was named an Askeladden - an Ash Lad, a child capable only of mindlessly grabbing at the expired coals of long-extinguished fires.

One day, he was approached by a sailor. The man offered to take Halvor out to the sea, to teach him something and give him a means through which to become a man. He accepted, of course. He was finally offered respite from his existence of feeling nothing but shame at himself, so it was only natural that he would eagerly take up such an invitation. And in the face of such eagerness, it was only fitting that it would end in disaster.

After the storm, Halvor woke on an unfamiliar shore. He wandered aimlessly in search of food and shelter, and eventually came across a castle. Within, he found a beautiful princess, held captive inside its walls. With a little cunning, he freed her, and she offered him some hospitality for a time, but warned him to leave quickly.

"There is a monster here."

She told him of three many-headed giants that had taken her and her sisters captive, urging him to leave before they found and devoured him. Halvor refused. He was already worthless enough as it was, so he had nothing to lose from attempting to slay these giants.

With cautious reluctance, the princess gave him a sword, but he was so weak that he could not even pick it up. To this end, the princess gave him a magical potion to drink and increase his strength until he could hold it easily. Halvor sought out the giants, cutting off their heads to free the other two princesses. Overjoyed at their freedom, the princesses each offered their hands in marriage to him, and he chose the youngest princess who he had met first.

Eventually, Halvor complained of homesickness, and the princesses prepared a magical wish-granting ring. Swearing to them that he would not name them in accordance with their wishes, he returned to his hometown victorious. His family and his peers barely recognised him, and in the midst of his prideful tirade about his journey, he summoned the princesses to show just how glorious his victories had been.

That night as he slept, for breaking his promise, the princesses stole the ring and returned to the castle. When he awoke, he was unable to go back to them. And so, he searched for the place he had found by happy accident, journeying across the land, exchanging magical tool for magical tool as he sought out the fairy princesses he had lost. According to legend, he found Soria Moria Castle once again with the help of the west wind, and married the princess he had once lost.
    Character
    A hopelessly optimistic young man who struts around with a smile on his face. He cheerfully throws out his True Name more out of foolhardiness than self-confidence: he knows his limits, and sees no reason to challenge them. Primarily fighting using his ring Noble Phantasm, he phases in and out of his own personal dream world in combat purely because he is not the type to care much for a fair contest. To his foes, his smirk and biting sarcasm are delightfully infuriating. His clever and tricky nature are incredibly difficult to work around for opponents who lack experience, but for those who do, his half-baked gambits rarely work out.

Toward his Master, his demeanour is calm, casual, and detached. He is the type of person with whom making small talk is an order of magnitude easier than having a serious conversation, in no small part thanks to his utter inability to take things seriously. He almost pathologically avoids even small amounts of pain, but beyond that he does not seem to have a care in the world. Left to his own devices, he will often wander listlessly around.

That said, he is reluctant to talk about his past. He does not seem to think of himself as much of a hero, not hesitating to depreciate himself and downplay his accomplishments. His attitude towards other Heroic Spirits is impressed, but only extremely mildly. He does not hold any great awe towards the feats of heroes due to being one himself, but simultaneously does not compare himself to others because he does not consider himself one. Epic tales of felling monsters and gods will be met with a "sounds cool" and little else.

Curiously, his wish for the Holy Grail would be "forgetfulness".
    Noble Phantasm (1)
    Castle of Fool's Wisdom
    Soria Moria

Rank C
    Anti-Unit Class
    Range: 0~5
    Max targets: 10 people

Soria Moria is a castle that was sought by a great many on their quests for happiness, known by all and known to none. It is the realm of dreams that Halvor sought, crystallised into a Noble Phantasm in the form of a magical ring. It does not require the invocation of a True Name to activate, and it has the function of instantly transporting Halvor and anyone of his choosing to "Soria Moria". Like so, Halvor can freely step in and out of his dreamlike Soria Moria, even in the midst of battle, allowing him to spontaneously vanish and reappear elsewhere. Because Soria Moria has no location, he can reemerge from it wherever he pleases in a manner similar to teleportation.

For as long as he holds the ring, Halvor can return to the castle of Soria Moria. But this is not that ring. That ring was lost to him, and no matter how much he dreams of a happy ending, he will never find it again, even in death. That is why, even as a Servant, he only holds a false ring that will bring him to a plane of dreams. Soria Moria can never be found, not by him or by anyone. That castle of happiness which answers the woes of life does not exist. He understands that. It is only by understanding it that he is capable of using this Noble Phantasm, this mockery of the place he seeks with the answerless question he continues to ask.

The plane of Halvor's illusory Soria Moria that is accessed most of the time appears to simply be the same as the normal world, except that the population has been entirely removed. It is an illusory world in which nobody can affect anything, opening itself up into a labyrinth that can only be controlled by Halvor himself. Because the castle is a place that does not truly exist in the world, it cannot be targeted or damaged, and it cannot be entered or escaped except by means of the ring. Equally, it has no special effects that it can impart to those within it, as even when within its confines, the castle can never reach reality. If such a thing were to happen, then perhaps everyone would have their own happiness.
    Noble Phantasm (2)
    Sleeping Cinder Spirit
    Askeladden

Rank EX
    Anti-Self Class
    Range: -
    Max targets: 1 person

SABER
    "Ah. Looks like I've said too much. Alright - the truth, then."
    Appearance
    Details
    Other classes:
    Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, Berserker, Avenger, Faker, Watcher

Source:
    Norse mythology

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

True Name:

Loki

Height/Weight:
    180cm/58kg

Attribute:
    Heaven

Armament:
    Twin swords

Dislikes:
    Snakes, magic

Natural enemy:
    Thor

Image colour:
    Violet
    Parameters/Skills
    STR A+
    END A
    AGI B
    MAG B+
    LUK B
    N.P A+

Class skills:
    Magic Resistance A+
    As an ancient god whose domain is in trickery and one who rejects the practice of sorcery, Loki has a very strong disposition toward the negation of Magecraft.

Riding A+
    Having certain... predilections towards the Phantasmal Species, Loki is capable of riding them, but... No, let's stop here.

Personal skills:
    Divine Core of the Rogue God A+
    Denoting the core held by a Divine Spirit. It is the highest level of Divinity, as well as repels bad influences on the body and the mind. Ordinarily it would be ranked at EX, but due to Loki’s close relation with the ancient giants as well as his falsified manifestation, the Rank is firmly reduced.

Shapeshift EX
    A transformation ability to change one’s physical form. In the annals of Norse mythology, Loki boasts the highest ability to alter his body, to the point of even being able to transform into another Servant entirely in a completely different class under the guise of the Ash Lad.

Mana Burst (Flame) A+
    Loki is considered a spirit of fire as the Askeladden, allowing him the ability to expel powerful flames from his magical energy. Extremely powerful, but under an ordinary manifestation this would have been even stronger and taken the form of a Noble Phantasm under the appended name of "Branch Destruction".

Deceiving Face A
    A skill for insulting and misleading others. At Rank A, it is possible to craft taunts, lies, and manipulations so finely that the target is compelled to take them up even if they see through Loki’s intentions.

Primordial Rune -
    Denoting the ability to use the original eighteen runes. Loki holds a strong association with the runes as the brother of Odin and is attested in the Fjölsvinnsmál. However, as he abhors Magecraft, he tends to avoid the use of them unless necessary.
    Legend
    The brother of Odin needs no introduction. The Divine Spirit Loki was bound beneath a torturous venom as his punishment for slaying the god Baldr, and like so, he dreams to escape from that torture. From his dreams spring tales of the world, the endlessly repeating fantasy of the young meek boy becoming a hero through his cunning, all bearing his name: the spirit of fire, the Ash Lad. Halvor is just one of many faces to this Ash Lad, and as such it is not incorrect to say that Halvor’s true form is that of Loki himself, a fact that he is aware of and yet denies, keeping up the pretence of being a mere boy hero.

Should he be forced into confronting and admitting his true nature, he will overturn himself, becoming a shard of the Divine Spirit from which he was born.
    Character
    There is no god in Norse mythology as marred with regrets as Loki. He was impulsive, and to a degree remains as such, but he is aware that his actions have had terrible consequences. Having squirmed in agony until the end of the world, the Ash Lads were nothing more than a futile attempt to escape, a wish-fulfilling fantasy that he dreamed up to escape having to confront his fate. And yet, for every Ash Lad, all that happened was that he simply ended up piling on more and more regrets as more and more of his lives failed to truly grant his wishes.

This is merely a shard of Loki, and the shard himself understands this. It is not a release, nor is it a resurrection. It is a simple death rattle. But he is also hilariously aware of the irony that only now is he free from the consequences of his actions, and if he is destined to fall to pieces, then he will happily embrace his nature once again to tear down everything in sight. That is who the Divine Spirit Loki always has been since the moment of his birth - a cancer upon the world in which he inhabits, unable to escape his own ability to destroy everything he touches. In life, he lamented. But now, in death, he has passed the point of consequence. And so, like a child - like a human - it's party time, and he is finally going to express the sum total of his frustrations the only way he knows how.
    Noble Phantasm (1)
    The Sword Akin to the Sun of Calamity
    Laevateinn

Rank A
    Anti-Fortress Class
    Range: 1~50
    Max targets: 100 people

A sword of absolute death that burns the World itself to ash, forged by Loki himself from his runes. It is a Divine Construct forged in the wells of the planet from various calamitous Authorities, it has become synonymous with the sword of Surtr that tears Textures from the planet. Of course, there is no way such a thing would be possible in the container of an ordinary Servant here and now, and so the Noble Phantasm is merely a grand sword.

The power of Laevateinn is currently sealed under nine locks, but when its restraints are released, it can invoke an enormous pillar of flame that cannot be stopped except with the greatest of defences. It has a great advantage against the divine and against the living, but Servants are merely bodies of Ether molded into the shape of the dead, so it offers no special bonuses against them.
    Noble Phantasm (2)
    Curse Breaking the Unending Life
    Eiedhr Mistilteinn

Rank A
    Anti-Unit Class
    Range: 1~2
    Max targets: 1 person

The immortal-killing curse implanted on the spear of mistletoe used by Loki to kill Baldr, sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. It negates all regenerative powers and all forms of immortality, divine or otherwise, to deal irreversible damage directly to the target. However, it does not negate resurrection. When manifested as a Saber, this Noble Phantasm takes the form of a sword of mistletoe thanks to its name, though it would operate best in the Archer class where it would take the form of a bow. In theory, although it is an innately divine curse, its anti-divinity properties mean that this Noble Phantasm could theoretically be recreated by modern Magecraft.
    Last edited by Random; December 22nd, 2020 at 01:46 PM.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Halvor/Loki: Pretty good sheet. I'd never heard of the connection between Askeladden and Loki until now, but you pulled it off quite well. I will note however that neither of his FCs are showing up properly.

Blog Entries
    I appreciate it! On both accounts - fixed the images, I think.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    like royd said, really nice sheet. The second time this week i see a sheet hidden in a sheet. And i thought my idea was special
    looking forward to more works of yours (after your finals)