Page 7443 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 644369437343739374337438744174427443744474457448745374937543 ... LastLast
Results 148,841 to 148,860 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

When Aoko is talking about true magic with Soujuurou in Mahoyo, and she says this (emphasis mine):
    「そもそも魔法は『根源の渦』にたどり着いた魔術師へのご褒美みたいなもので、たとえその術者に魔法を使う だけの肉体性能がなくても、根源への
    パス
    ができただけで魔術的にはやりたい放題ってわけ。

要は、地球で一番のお金持ちになるってコト」
    what does she even mean here, in the emphasized part? Is it just that if you've managed to reach the root then you're part of the top dog club and you can do whatever, or is it something more specific going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The hypothetical mage in this example reached the Root and got a Magic as a reward, but they lack the physical specs necessary to actually use the Magic they got. Aoko is claiming that their reward being unusable is not really a big problem because, reaching the Root or not, just the fact that they made a Path to the Root already means they have unrestricted access to all magecraft.

What are spirit origins or saint graphs?

Is this something inherent only to servants? Do gods have spirit origins?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saint Graphs are the bodies of the summoned Servants. The original classless Heroic Spirits in the Throne don't have them, but when summoned, they get one with Class restrictions and all that jazz. Divine Spirits also can have Saint Graphs if they're summoned as Servants.

And Spirit Origin is when Saint Graph is translated by the same thought process that translates Noble Phantasm as Treasure Tool and Reality Marble as Characteristic Bounded Field.

spirit origin is a better name though

It's not really about which sounds better though, it's a matter of it being correct or not. Nasu only uses the kanji in those cases to explain what the word is supposed to mean, but the word itself is the ruby and only the ruby. There's no case of "maybe we should call this thing a 'boundary record band' instead of 'ghost liner'", one is a description and the other is a name/term. Using Spirit Origin is just wrong (not to mention that if you wanted to be literal with the kanji it should be Spirit Base, not origin).

(and of course I see now that NA uses spirit origin)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The hypothetical mage in this example reached the Root and got a Magic as a reward, but they lack the physical specs necessary to actually use the Magic they got. Aoko is claiming that their reward being unusable is not really a big problem because, reaching the Root or not, just the fact that they made a Path to the Root already means they have unrestricted access to all magecraft.
    Aight, more or less what I thought then, thanks.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's not really about which sounds better though, it's a matter of it being correct or not. Nasu only uses the kanji in those cases to explain what the word is supposed to mean, but the word itself is the ruby and only the ruby. There's no case of "maybe we should call this thing a 'boundary record band' instead of 'ghost liner'", one is a description and the other is a name/term. Using Spirit Origin is just wrong (not to mention that if you wanted to be literal with the kanji it should be Spirit Base, not origin).

(and of course I see now that NA uses spirit origin)

- - - Updated - - -

Aight, more or less what I thought then, thanks.
    IIRC NA uses Saint Graph or Spirit Origin somewhat interchangeably, with the specific term being used depending on the context of the scene in question but generally erring on the side of Spirit Origin.
    But yeah, they use "Spirit Origin" rather than "Spirit Base" or whatever.

祖 Ancestor
    Saint Graphs are the bodies of the summoned Servants. The original classless Heroic Spirits in the Throne don't have them, but when summoned, they get one with Class restrictions and all that jazz. Divine Spirits also can have Saint Graphs if they're summoned as Servants.

And Spirit Origin is when Saint Graph is translated by the same thought process that translates Noble Phantasm as Treasure Tool and Reality Marble as Characteristic Bounded Field.
    We know of non-servants who have them though: Kingu, Qin, goetia, tiamat, etc

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Beasts operate like Servants. They have Skills and Noble Phantasms, and they exist as summons (done by themselves through Independent Manifestation). Shi Huang's zhenren frame is similar magecraft-created body that existed at the same time and independently from what was his main body at the time. I don't have anything for Kingu though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    What are spirit origins or saint graphs?
    I don't know if you've played Dark Souls.
    Imagine the chosen undead as the HS. The build that you choose STR, INT, Hybrid as the Servant Class.
    The Saint Graph is your particular save data. Two players can have the same build but have different experiences. It is a specific character instance.
    Modding a Saint Graph is like using cheats on your save to give you cool stuff.

@Dr.ロマン
    [%1]君、[r]そこにいるベディヴィエール卿は本物かい!?
    [k]

@Dr.ロマン
    観測結果が異常だ![r]霊基反応がまったくない! 魔術回路も人間なみ……
    [k]

@Dr.ロマン
    っていうか、これは[line 3][r]これは、ただの人間だ!
    [k]
    According to this humans do not have Saint Graphs or at least if they do, Chaldea's instruments cannot pick them up.

@Dr.ロマン
    改めて、ボクはロマニ・アーキマン。[r]ドクター・ロマンと呼んでほしい。
    [k]

@Dr.ロマン
    キュートなお嬢さん。[r]キミの名前は? 所属は? あと趣味は?
    [k]

@Dr.ロマン
    サーヴァントとしての霊基はあるものの、[r]反応はれっきとした人間だ。
    [k]

@Dr.ロマン
    デミ・サーヴァントとも疑似サーヴァントとも違う。[r]そしてこの魔力の強烈さはどうだ……
    [k]

@Dr.ロマン
    まさかキミが、固有結界の所有者なのかい?[r]あと名前をそろそろ教えてはおくれでないかい?
    [k]
    It is possible to be a human and have a Servant Saint Graph as seen here with Prisma Ilya.

A Divine Spirit definitely has a Saint Graph. It should be possible a God does not. I don't remember if Sefar or the Olympians have ever been said to have a Saint Graph.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It is possible to be a human and have a Servant Saint Graph as seen here with Prisma Ilya.

A Divine Spirit definitely has a Saint Graph. It should be possible a God does not. I don't remember if Sefar or the Olympians have ever been said to have a Saint Graph.
    I assume roman is talking about some of the prillya girls?

But thats weird because if i remember right saint graphs are the cores of spiritual beings. Illya and company who went to chaldea at the event are their full human selves and not as servants therefore them getting a servant reading in the first place is weird already. But maybe im just talking out of my ass here since i didnt play the prisma illya event

Full gods dont have saint graphs. At least going by how mash said skadi has no saint graph since she's a god.
    Last edited by Reverse_side98; October 14th, 2020 at 02:45 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I think the Prillya girls are still Holy Grails, but I honestly didn't read much of that manga. That's something to take into consideration, at least, even before you get into the whole magical girl card installation thingy.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    I think the Prillya girls are still Holy Grails, but I honestly didn't read much of that manga. That's something to take into consideration, at least, even before you get into the whole magical girl card installation thingy.
    Illya in "Kaleid" is like a half-assed Holy Grail. She was being messed with as a baby, but then Iri and Kiritsugu said "screw it" and stopped changing her body. She got her magic-fused self sealed as a result. That's what I understood from manga.

US Friend Code
    Can someone dumb this down for me? Unlimited Blade Works' "healing" ability that stitches Shirou's wounds back together using swords. It doesn't actually "heal" him, does it? I was under the impression that it just holds him together and he can still die from blood loss and what not.

Or am I just dumb and the sword knitting thing is a result of Avalon being somehow "corrupted" by UBW and using swords to heal him?

Shirou swordknitting vs Arcueid Duct Tape discuss.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Kind of an poor example to use, but Shirou's body still continues to knit itself with swords even after Saber dies and is out of the picture. This suggests that it's a property inherent to UBW and not Avalon.

Now whether Shirou's body gets to stays stitched together after the swordification passes under regular circumstances without Avalon to provide immediate treatment is a trickier circumstance to determine.

If it does, that's healing. If it doesn't, that's duct tape.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Hey, I vaguely remember seeing a chart somewhere that listed the quantity and quality of magical circuits for Case File's cast and wanted to know if any of that might have been legit or was just made up by some fan. Can any of you guys tell me anything about this, and if so where the source comes from?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Case Files mats only had Waver, Gray, Reines, Flat, Svin, Melvin, Adashino, Heartless, Luvia, Touko, Atrum, Olga, Caules, Yvette, Zepia, Rufurus, McDonnel and Inolai.

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Hey, I vaguely remember seeing a chart somewhere that listed the quantity and quality of magical circuits for Case File's cast and wanted to know if any of that might have been legit or was just made up by some fan. Can any of you guys tell me anything about this, and if so where the source comes from?
    There's this too, which IS fanmade and doesn't source, but should be mostly right, idk if this is what you meant?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qIA/edit#gid=0
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Case Files mats only had Waver, Gray, Reines, Flat, Svin, Melvin, Adashino, Heartless, Luvia, Touko, Atrum, Olga, Caules, Yvette, Zepia, Rufurus, McDonnel and Inolai.
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    There's this too, which IS fanmade and doesn't source, but should be mostly right, idk if this is what you meant?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qIA/edit#gid=0
    Yeah, those were what I was talking about.

Though I do wonder wtf kind kf meme magus build Olga is running with a Circuit Quanitity of E- and a Circuit Quality of EX, lol. She got like only one circuit that's juzt particularly bullzhit or something?