Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Magus 2

Blog Entries
    Papilio Magia's foundation is mainly closer to the Butterfly Effect phenomena than metamorphosis. In any case, I don't see how this connects to cultural or religious syncretism.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Yeah, again, I'm still not seeing what you're asking. Are you asking for a syncretic foundation for a metamorphosis story, are you asking because you have a Magecraft idea but can't make it fit, or are you asking because you need inspiration for one or the other? It's really kind of confusing.

Blog Entries
    I did not know Papilio Magia was a thing. That's pretty badass
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Blog Entries
    Case Files has tons of seemingly cool concepts like these, perpetually stuck to unfathomably lame characters.

I was sort of asking for inspiration, but I kind of abandoned the idea of using a syncretic foundation in my last post. What I'm gonna do now is make something somewhat inspired by Papilio Magia

Probably not that helpful to all the usuals here, but I found this document, and its pretty helpful for beginners like me who have no idea what they're doing.
    Last edited by Axe; March 27th, 2023 at 11:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Do mages actually have doctors among their midst? Like not those who spiritually tinker with crests, but actual treatments of the body?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Sure. Magecraft and medicine are historically very intertwined, although medical Magecraft almost certainly declined over the past 200 years.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Do mages actually have doctors among their midst? Like not those who spiritually tinker with crests, but actual treatments of the body?
    I don't see why not. But Touko references Magecraft involving the human body has gotten weaker because it's so well understood now, so that might affect medical Magecraft too. I did imagine a Mage once who exploits the connection between the Eye of Horus (associated with healing because it was restored after his previous eye was injured) and the modern pharmacist's symbol ℞.

Blog Entries
    Nawfal Haythami al-Baseer

"It is not something you can ever perceive, pay it no mind."

Alias: The Solar Sentinel, The Intercontinental Sniper Magecraft: Thought Partition, Spatial Folding, Artificial Mystic Eyes
    Height/Weight: 182cm/66kg Element: Wind
    Country of origin: Morocco Circuit Quantity: D
    Affiliation: Atlas Institute Circuit Quality: B+
    Sorcery Trait: God’s Holder (False) Rank: -

Background

An enigmatic bureaucrat who currently serves as the Chairman of the Custodial Committee within the Atlas Institute.

Born somewhere in the Atlas mountains of Morocco, Mr. Nawfal comes not from the lineage of a particularly notable family, but was scouted and taken in as an apprentice by a high-ranking alchemist of the Atlas Institute. This alchemist belongs to the Haythami Workshop, one of many specialized workshops built within the underground city of the Titan’s Pit, and their research involves the development of Artificial Mystic Eyes. To this end, they are operating and developing a device called Meketaten Solar Obscura.

Outside of the families of the Six Sources, lineage and bloodline matters very little to the associates of Atlas, making it possible for Nawfal to eventually inherit the research of his master alchemist. In addition, he also obtained a set of Artificial Mystic Eyes, Wadjet Replica and the Hathor Replica, passed down by the head of the Workshop through a method similar but also opposite to what the Clock Tower refers to as “Tradition Carriers”, with emphasis on teaching rather than bloodline. This is possible because Atlas alchemists can simply transplant the Mystery-carrying pathogen into the non-blood related heir.

With the Haythami Workshop under his management, Nawfal managed to refine and expand the capabilities of the Meketaten Solar Obscura, making it one the greatest surveillance tools developed within the Atlas Institute. For this reason, he was expected to occasionally lend its utility to Atlas by taking jobs and assignments outside the Temple.

It was through these assignments that he became involved with the Custodial Committee, the Atlas equivalent to the Enforcers of the Clock Tower. Similar to these Enforcers whose primary targets are those granted “Sealing Designation”, the Custodial Committee are specialized individuals whose main mission is to neutralize or secure individuals who are deemed “Eschatological Hazard”, those who possess the capability to destroy the world. Nonetheless, when such rare cases are not available, they generally just act as the local law-enforcing body that handles those who violate the rules of Atlas or cause major trouble for the members of the Institute.

Over time, he has come to take this custodial duty just as seriously as he took his alchemical research, if not even more so, and he ultimately was recruited into the Custodial Committee himself. Through sheer diligence and a respectable record of resolving troublesome cases that even his predecessors gave up on, he gradually climbed up the ranks of the Committee.

In about fifteen years since joining the Custodial Committee, Mr. Nawfal now serves as its Chairman, a position which confines him more to an enormous amount of paperwork and data analysis than actual action.

Personality

Dislikes: Too many possibilities, oil companies, close quarter combat
    Talents: Criminal profiling, reconnaissance mission, paperwork
    Natural Enemy: Ekaterina Pythia
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Confident and somewhat arrogant, Mr. Nawfal boasts comprehension and analytical ability beyond that of ordinary humans. This includes social understanding, which even the average Atlas alchemist lacks. He doesn’t trust ordinary people easily, but once one gets to know him, one will realize that he likes to chatter like a nagging old lady. He is very knowledgeable and responsive, but he only replies to what one asks him, never saying more than necessary.

How to question him effectively to dig out more information from him is considered by some within Atlas to be a research topic on its own.

Magecraft

Khamsa Hathor / Khamsa Wadjet
    Fivefold Solar Oculus Crystallization.
    Fivefold Lunar Oculus Sublimation.

A method Nawfal inherited as the head of the Haythami Workshop, first developed by a certain medieval alchemist, their eponymous founder. It is built upon the alchemical process that uses eyeballs as ingredients, which generally involves the extraction, modification, production and even consumption of Mystic Eyes.

The reproduction of this alchemical process consisted of three main ingredients. One is the Middle Eastern concept of Hamsa, a type of magecraft often reproduced as amulets, commonly used as a type of Mystic Eye Killer. The second and third are the Eye of Ra and the Eye of Horus, symbolizing the Sun and the Moon, of creation and rebirth, of vigilance and obsession.

In essence, by embedding the Eyes of Ra and Horus into each palm of one’s hands, Nawfal can integrate his sense of sight and sense of touch into a single sensory device, allowing him to “wield his own vision” and to “perceive what he grasps”, meaning that “something he can see” now becomes “something that he has already reached”.

A human cannot know everything. Clearly, even with these Mystic Eyes that can inspect everything, what this alchemist sees is not much more than others. Is it because the power of these Mystic Eyes are not complete enough, or is it because this world is just too small? —So the Mind of God thought, before closing its eyes.

Meketaten Solar Obscura
    A circular disc-shaped Mystic Code the size of a small building. In its current iteration, it uses concentrated solar power as a catalyst to power the true Eye of Horus stored within it. Functioning as a Pseudo-Shrine to Horus, it allows one to utilize sunlight as means of future observation and real time surveillance, while also possessing a secret function as a highly destructive solar-ray cannon.

Annually, when the Eye of Horus manages to reach full charge, it will produce a side product, something called the Grape of Osiris—It is only through ingesting this “grape” that the consecutive heads of the Haythami Workshop can prevent their frenzied eyes from being burned in agony.
    Last edited by Kamera; March 30th, 2023 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    I like this.
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

Blog Entries
    late creator's note; Atlas alchemists are kind of a bitch to write because their method of using magecraft and setting circumstance follows much stricter and often counter-intuitive set of rules than the garden variety mages. Because of this I had to trim quite a bit from the draft I posted awhile back (his Zabaniya for example).

Blog Entries
    The magecraft is problematic on many levels.
    1. Foundations aren't just concepts, they're schools of thought (religion, mysticism, philosophy, myth).
    2. How would it contain all information about magecraft exactly? How does it get this kind of information? Where does it store this information? How does it store this information? What counts as eligible information, what's gibberish? Why? How is this supposed to be difficult? How did this kind of magecraft not take over the entire magecraft world? Why isn't everyone practicing only this if it can give one access to just about all information? Who constructed this "library"? Why do they have a section on True Magic in the first place? Why is Jean prohibited from delving into that section?
    3. True Magic?????????????? Why???? How???? Whence????
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    For a moment I had a flash of inspiration about a NP that mixes and matches the attributes of its targets... Unfortunately, Barbara Walker is alive...

Blog Entries
    why are you posting something unfinished only to edit in little details every two minutes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Pillar View Post
    The magecraft is problematic on many levels.
    1. Foundations aren't just concepts, they're schools of thought (religion, mysticism, philosophy, myth).
    2. How would it contain all information about magecraft exactly? How does it get this kind of information? Where does it store this information? How does it store this information? What counts as eligible information, what's gibberish? Why? How is this supposed to be difficult? How did this kind of magecraft not take over the entire magecraft world? Why isn't everyone practicing only this if it can give one access to just about all information? Who constructed this "library"? Why do they have a section on True Magic in the first place? Why is Jean prohibited from delving into that section?
    3. True Magic?????????????? Why???? How???? Whence????
    1. Foundations … are weird
    2. The library of babel was a hypothetical library that contained every organization of letters of a certain length. As written about in a famous story.A lot of this is gibberish that has no meaning that he personally can find. The magecraft is searching through this hypothetical library to find things he wants
    3. He can’t get true magic at all. That was that point. Even if he could hypothetically isolate the book in the library about true magic, he couldn’t use it without getting the root.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    why are you posting something unfinished only to edit in little details every two minutes?
    I tend to be a fiddler with things

If the mage is that bad, I’ll delete it
    Last edited by Dreamerless; March 30th, 2023 at 02:31 PM.

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

Blog Entries
    finally
    Googlemancy
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Magi don't work on the same axioms as servants; short stories don't contribute to magecraft systems. This is just the Akashic Records, but without the foundational support of Theosophy. You can't just create a magecraft that boils down to "I can find out just about anything on everything" without elaborating further
    For a moment I had a flash of inspiration about a NP that mixes and matches the attributes of its targets... Unfortunately, Barbara Walker is alive...

Blog Entries
    Magi don't work on the same axioms as servants; short stories don't contribute to magecraft systems. This is just the Akashic Records, but without the foundational support of Theosophy. You can't just create a magecraft that boils down to "I can find out just about anything on everything" without elaborating further
    It’s much much worse on multiple levels as I said. Once again, if the idea is too bad I’ll delete it.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't advocate deleting anything

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't advocate deleting anything
    I personally believe that this works as a magecraft, but if it doesn’t then idk. Random, as resident expert, I’m asking you. Does that concept work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    finally
    Googlemancy
    Yeah, kinda