Page 146 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4696136141144145146147148151156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 7330

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Pedro II": Thwack. What's that sound? Oh, just WF knocking it clear out the park for the umpteenth time. You can't keep getting away with this. I was prepared for the Rider sheet to be good, and it was, until I got to the very end and already knew there was going to be more. And there was, and it only made everything all the better. I was going to leave a criticism about using the "Nega-" skill without being a Beast until I scroll up and... yep, there it is. You think of everything.

I'll be real... I'm not sure I really... get... it. I'm woefully ignorant of a lot of non-Anglo-centric countries' history, a fact I shame myself for every time an interesting hero I don't quite know about pops up on these forums, so I feel like some of the impact might be lost on me? I got the GIST of it-- revolutionary princess known for Raging Against The Machine to an unreasonable degree becomes an obsessive Beast candidate masquerading using Faker class as a more well-known and apparently well-liked ruler. Didn't surprise me to see Spartacus on the relationship list. But clearly there's a lot more depth to it, I guess, since you mentioned how controversial she is, and I feel like there's a few elements that go over my head? Not that I need to understand every minutiae to realise just what an absolutely spectacular job you've done, of course. Basically every time you post, that goes without saying. I don't get all of it, but what I get I love and what I don't get I love anyway because even if I miss the little details the overall picture is a masterwork. Also, do I even need to mention how I literally fall in love with the way you format your sheets every damn time? I want to hang these in a GALLERY. I want to hang YOU in a gallery.

--wait, that sounds bad, not like that--

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Guinevere: YOU CAN'T JUST AIM STRAIGHT AT MY HEART AND PULL THE TRIGGER LIKE THAT. THIS AIN'T FAIR.
    I hope this properly summed up my feelings about this darling of a woman. Her tale is already so tragic, but you somehow made it even more gutwrenching? I always like whenever authors dwelve in their Servant's psyche, instead of just jumping from topic to topic. I really like it when they take their time fleshing out these creatures - and I think you did just that. I felt like she was an old friend by the end of this reading. (Like for real, I ADORE HER?) Also, that NP? She's cheating the system so hard. Someone stop her!
    (P.S.: I always love whenever your characters and BnEl15's are in this funky crossover world of yours. The result is always hilarious. Please never stop doing that, you guys.)
    I DON'T DESERVE THIS PRAISE
    Really, most of her background and personality was just ripped straight from the TM wiki and reworded to be longer and more painful. I added most of the 'deeper details' about her personality past the first two paragraphs myself to give her a little more than two dimensions and not make her inconsolably miserable and dull, but it sorta spelled itself out. Still, I'm glad you like it. I suppose that's more a compliment on my writing ability than my skill at crafting any ORIGINAL story... but shucks, I'll take the compliment either way. Maybe that just makes it nicer.

YEAH, I expected more criticisms about the busted NP. I tried to avoid it but I really did not see any way to NOT give her that one since that is what she do though. Guinevere: when it don't be like it does, but it do.

Your relationship lines for Isabel (we're far enough down this that the spoilers don't matter I figure) were touching, and the fact you wrote two sets makes me both impressed and relieved that I'm not the only person nutty enough to write so goddamn many quotes that my head spins and my fingers ache.

(BnEl, proper collab when?)

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (BnEl, proper collab when?)
    One day... feel free to message me if you have any interesting ideas though, I'm always open to a collab myself.

Blog Entries
    @WhiteFrenzy: Regarding the skill Infant's Defiance, I would just like to set the rules. First, It represents the rebelion against a parental force with the objective of granting ones people a better future. Afonso, the founder, has the skill at its highest and is calable of granting blessings to his children, akin to Septem Colles. Any son/daughter of Portugal that replicates the act of rebelling for a greater future can use the skill, even if they are not portuguese. However, its grade is affected by both the diversion from Portuguese history and how the person is percieved by doing the rebellion. If its mostly seen as negative, its rank is decreased, although if its seen in a positive light in the present the decrease is lesser.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Therion: I'll facepalm myself later (and properly correct the glaring mistakes too) so thank you a lot for the guidelines. I swear I'm not this dumb usually sobs

@BnEl15 & realcasually: Two of my favorite creators about to drop the crossover of the century? I'M READY.
    ((ALSO TAKE YOUR COMPLIMENT, REAL, OR ELSE IMMA SHOWER YOU WITH SO MANY PRAISES YOU'LL D1E. I MEANT WHAT I SAID.))
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Dont worry, i originally did not develop the skill that much because i was thinking of just having Afonso using the skill, but seeing you use the skill gave me the idea to change it so a category of people might use it. Heck, if you want, you can even mutate the skill for a variation with different effects, like love turning to hate,for example.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @BnEl15 & realcasually: Two of my favorite creators about to drop the crossover of the century? I'M READY.
    ((ALSO TAKE YOUR COMPLIMENT, REAL, OR ELSE IMMA SHOWER YOU WITH SO MANY PRAISES YOU'LL D1E. I MEANT WHAT I SAID.))
    SHUT UP I'M STILL A TOTAL GREENHORN I'M NOT ANYONE'S FAVOURITE NO

After taking a bit of a break, I might try for one more sheet for this contest. Genuinely don't know, the only rulers-not-the-class (well...) I had on my roster to-do aren't... Well, I don't think they're contest material. We'll see if inspiration strikes me in time to HAVE time to work on something. For now, though, I am completely content with my one entry so far. Best of luck to everyone else.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Koga: Another contest, another Koga entry that was by chance done in the same contest before. Hope this does not become an unfortunate trend. The Chikara Production released another Summer Blockbuster. Lets see how many tickets you sell when voting starts.

Nice Wordplay my Friend ! and you are Right About this coincidense ,perhaps i find enough Inspiration for a second more Unique one . How do you find him Delrey actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Pedro II: Absolutely wonderful concept. Even though there is only about a week left, you motivated me to submit a second sheet or die trying. Anyways SPOILER Something smelled fishy when D Pedro II was a woman. Absolutely creative of your part to make this servant. At first I wondered what logic was there for her to be a potential beast, but the creator notes explained it and i accept as a relevant explanation. Definitely one of my favorite sheets this contest. Also regarding Infants Defiance, im glad you could use it and i dont mind, even encourage the use of said skill. I do wonder, what is the effect for your servant, the same as Afonsos use?
    I am curious About your oppinion of my Augustus and what your Afonso woujld think of him ?

@Wyvern: I'm so glad you liked her, thank you very much Wyvern! (And also totally humbled by your words wow I don't deserve them. THANK YOU.)
    Also, lemme tell you that I'm so friggin curious right now by your own version of this character... Because oh man, if your past sheets are anything to go by, I already know I'll love her. Please don't leave me hanging here......…

Also, it's that time of the month again. REVIEW TIME. You guys are knocking out of the park with these sheets, keep 'em going.

Morgan Pendragon: Whenever I'm about to read a sheet of yours I always go like, "oh dear god" as in a prayer because I just KNOW I'm about to embark in a wild ride. It's really a matter of just how wild it'll be. And in this case? OH BOY, IT WAS WILD ALRIGHT. By now the entire comunity knows that you're a master of your craft - especially when it comes to Arthurian mythos - so was even a doubt that this would be a banger sheet? Not at all. Not for me, at least.
    But oh wow, was I expecting the flood of emotions that assaulted me while I was reading? Not quite. I cheered with her, I felt pain with her, I was sympathizing with her and I was imploring for someone to stop her. It's a testament to your writing and your capacity of creating such realized characters that I felt all of that in the span of minutes. What can I say, man... I LOVE HER? All in caps. Just like this. Yeah.

Guinevere: YOU CAN'T JUST AIM STRAIGHT AT MY HEART AND PULL THE TRIGGER LIKE THAT. THIS AIN'T FAIR.
    I hope this properly summed up my feelings about this darling of a woman. Her tale is already so tragic, but you somehow made it even more gutwrenching? I always like whenever authors dwelve in their Servant's psyche, instead of just jumping from topic to topic. I really like it when they take their time fleshing out these creatures - and I think you did just that. I felt like she was an old friend by the end of this reading. (Like for real, I ADORE HER?) Also, that NP? She's cheating the system so hard. Someone stop her!
    (P.S.: I always love whenever your characters and BnEl15's are in this funky crossover world of yours. The result is always hilarious. Please never stop doing that, you guys.)

Caesar Augustus Octavian: YO. You know what, one thing that I admire in you is that you always go all out, Koga. It's always "go big or go home" for your Servants, their wanking levels are astronomical... And well, I think I admire that (because I could never.) And in regards to this new Servant, it was no different either. He is absurdly strong. And the way you took every aspect of him and made a NP out of that? This is a level of creativity that I can respect. He is very much someone that I expected you to create, a super cool dude.
    Thank you Howaito your serrvant is also really good i must say , i hope to see that you try to one day use one of my tipps i gave you hnestly . Also i know there is a already a Quote About the other Augustus but i would be curious About her oppinion of my Augusstus .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...I literally did just say I'd take a break. I did. And I KNOW I don't have the Fate Lore knowledge to pull off what I'm trying to do. But... Inspiration struck me as to how to take one of my concepts to a level that makes it more than just a clone of an existing character.

Welp.

Guess I'll see you guys in the Moon Cell.

Blog Entries
    @WhiteFrenzy: Btw, I noticed Infant's Defiance doesnt have a Skill Icon. Was it perhaps because you did not know what type of skill is? If so, would you want me to say what image would fit best for that skill? Of course, that is only if its effects are similar to the original. If it has degraded or mutated too much from the original, then it would be your choice since it would have a different effect altogether.

@Koga: Sorry, I was so excited for WhiteFrenzys servant i didnt notice yours. Im gonna read it right now.
    EDIT: Actually, I might be busy making a second sheet. I will give everyone my opinion when im able to.
    Last edited by Master_Therion; June 15th, 2021 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries

A Shocking Collaboration?! 'The Burning Authority of the New World' reaches its Climax!

Second Emperor of the New World

“That is enough, Isabel.”

“Apologies, it seems things have come to a head while I was away. A thousand pardons, Master. It may be impertinent of me, but I would ask that you allow me to chastise this young lady for her poor conduct. I assure you that her heart has always been in the right place… yet she could never quite forgive herself… or forgive me for placing that burden upon her shoulders.”

“Hello dear. I know, it has been sometime. I imagine it would be insulting for me to ask you to cease your actions, yes? I thought so. I’m sure there is nothing I can say that will return you to your senses. Precisely because I am the one saying it.”

“Yes. I imagined that would be the case. Even so, duty compels me to stop you. Not as an Emperor, but as your Father.”

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Rider
    Ruler / Caster / Saber
    Lawful Good
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    1.85m / 93kg
    Brazil
    Historical Fact
    “My country. My family. The very land we walked and the very sun which shone upon us. From the bottom of my heart, there was never a moment where I regreted loving it. Even if I was left alone… even if I was abandoned and left to die far away from the land I loved… I will never regret it.”

Dislikes

“I wish my countrymen had trusted me. Trusted the love I held for them and our motherland. I wish I had been better. A better man, a better father, a better ruler. Perhaps then… no… I shouldn’t say it.”

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Endurance: B
    Mana: B
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A+
    Command Cards
    Background

“May God grant me these wishes… Peace and Prosperity for Brazil.”

He was the Emperor beloved by his country. The one whose people adored and saw as perfect. Born to rule, raised to bring about a great change which would uplift his motherland beyond the tempestuous seas which threatened to plunge his people into the abyss.

And it was his duty to avert this tragedy.

It wasn’t a role he chose. Rather, it could be said that D. Pedro II was born for the express purpose of correcting the course leading to disaster. A prodigious ruler exalted by his people as their ‘Greatest Ruler’. Pedro was the first Emperor to be born in Brazil and can be said to embody the virtues and qualities of a ‘Perfect Emperor’.
    Much to his chagrin.

Though he loved his country and cherished his kin there was never any doubt to Pedro that his life would never be his own. That every breath, every step, every choice would serve nothing but his Duty. The responsibility which he inherited from his Father and his Grandfather.

Casting aside all semblance of petty rebellion, the young Emperor threw himself into his studies, dedicating the entirety of himself to the Duty which compelled him to serve and preserve the land which birthed him.

This curse called Duty drove him to lock away everything of himself that would not serve the cause of ruling. Similar to a Perfect King who could comprehend the heart of others, Pedro II was eventually cast out by those who disagreed with him.

After disaster had been averted. After the collapse which his dreams cautioned him of had at long last been laid to rest, Pedro II was overthrown and cast out from the land which dearly loved him by those who no longer saw him as of use. Left to grow old and weak in faraway shores, removed from the people who’d loved him as dearly as he loved them.

It was said that in his deathbed he had only this final wish.

Peace and Prosperity for Brazil.

Even so… when he thinks back to those final moments, Rider cannot help but remember the look on her face. As if someone had committed a grave crime. As if someone had dealt her a great offense. Perhaps she was right to resent him, the father who loved their homeland more than his own family.

Duty compels him to act even now.

To appear before her and prevent another great catastrophe. Before the fire which he inherited from his Mother and passed down to his Daughter burnt out of control and consumed the world.

Personality

A man defined by the ideal of duty, willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of preserving the future of his country. D. Pedro II was known as The Magnanimous for his deep love and devotion towards his homeland.

Pedro is a lover of the arts and sciences, having made many acquaintances over the course of his life. Earning the friendship and regard from those like Richard Wagner, Louis Pasteur, Charles Darwin, Victor Hugo, and even Friedrich Nietzche.

Despite his great devotion, however, there lies within him a deep melancholy. A weariness born from the many sacrifices and lifetime dedicated to his duty. Having given all that he was to the cause of his homeland, as a servant he feels that he no longer has any say on the future of his country and that his turn to decide its fate has long passed. Nonetheless he exhibits great pride in the potential of his country. Despite what others might say or think, Pedro believes there is an inherent love which only those born there can experience, a hope which he feels will one day kindle within his people a greatness even they do not know.

To others, he acts like a grandfatherly figure, willing to listen and advise them with his great experience, though he cautions others to the dangers of complete dedication to a cause and the effects those might have. He is not afraid to scold those he feels may fall into bad habits.

To him, the people of Brazil are his family.
    “Perhaps the lack of distinction was my mistake. You always felt like you had something to prove to me, didn’t you? I did not wish the burden upon you. I did not want you to suffer. But now I cannot ignore the danger.”

Class Skills
    Riding - [B]

Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as
    Monstrous Beasts.

Magic Resistance - [B]

Amongst the many subjects taught to him as a boy, D. Pedro also inherited what knowledge of magecraft his tutors could impart to him. Though he favored the sciences, he was a passable magus, which combined with his Class vessel and Noble Phantasm, grant him an above average resistance to spells.

Personal Skills
    Librarian of Stored Knowledge - [B]

Pedro II was a known scholar and lover of science and the arts, having known many famous and popular figures of his time, he was considered a friend by many of them and thus can recall knowledge not only belonging to himself but also those he was in contact with in life. Though the latter requires him to pass a
    Luck Check.

Emergency Prerogative - [B]

The powers to reign as an Absolute Monarch, at the B-Rank they represent the overwhelming popularity and support Pedro II received from his people in life, though he never wielded this power to its fullest potential. Using it to cow nobles by threatening to abdicate.

Southern Cross - [C]

Represented by the four stars which form the Crux Constellation, this is a fighting technique developed by Pedro II’s life long friend and [Teacher], the Duke of Caxias. Though in the man’s case it would be treated as his Noble Phantasm, Rider can only use a downgraded version.

By repeating the same basic motions in a continous pattern, the user generates ‘afterimages’ which follow the intended purpose of the action. By using these afterimages in conjunction with a weapon or bare handed fighting style, Rider can temporarily increase the speed and force of his attacks up to twice their power. A skilled practitioner being able to increase their output to four times.

Blessing of the Divine Tree - [E]

A skill which determines one connection to the Divine Tree Andurá, the Pau-Brasil which represents the authority to rule over the land known as ‘Brasil’. Its low rank determines that another Servant of the Imperial Family was summoned with the actual Authority in the form of the tree.
    As a Skill, this allows Rider to summon replicas of the Andurá which lack the original Authority over [Fire]. They will not burn, but can be used as an extension of the user’s body through the land.

Noble Phantasm
    Pacem Ac Felicitatem: A Wish for Peace and Prosperity
    C / Anti-Unit
    A hope flung into the far future as an act of genuine love by a man who wished for nothing more than peace and prosperity. The secret feelings of an Emperor who in life was burdened with the mantle of ruling, a connection which links him to the past, the present and the future of a nation. As a noble phantasm, this connection forms a path between Pedro II and his people, those who were born ‘born in Brazil’. And through this connection he is able to share thoughts and impressions… as well as physical damage.

As the representative of a nation, considered by many its greatest son, Pedro II is linked to each and every brazilian, and thus, they could be treated as an extension of his body. If Pedro’s spiritual body is damaged, said damage is broadcast and equally distributed amongst those linked to him.

The current population of Brazil is 213,992,634

However, said connection is also a double edged sword. For Rider is nothing but a dutiful, loving man who will not allow his people to come to harm. If any one of them is directly harmed, he has the option to absorb the damage into himself without splitting it amongst the others.

This Noble Phantasm also does not erase propagating damage such as curses and conceptual damage. If a powerful curse is broadcast and split through Rider’s link, all Brazilian’s will suffer the same effect equally… exterminating the entire population.

Pindorama: Devoid of Evil, the Land of Palm Trees
    A+ / Anti-Country

A ‘chain’ linking Rider to his homeland. It could be said that in death, Rider became tied to the fate of his people, having requested to be buried in the ‘lands of his country’, he has a deep connection to the territory and its people. As a servant this connection deepens to the point it overwrites the land itself to become a mirror of Pedro II’s wished-for burial grounds.

As a Rider, this is Pedro II’s mount, the ancestral name of the land which brings forth a massive creature akin to an elemental of the earth.

The Evergreen Giant of the New World.

A beast that when summoned spreads lush jungles, grassy fields and sparkling rivers across the surface it walks. It can be said to be overwriting the very texture of the world with reality that exists within Pedro II’s dreams. If summoned in Brazilian grounds, it will receive the [Blessings of the Land], becoming an avatar of nature which grows and heals unless completely annihilated. Outside Brazilian territory, its size is not much creater than that of a modern automobile, but as it spreads and overwrites its surroundings, grows in size. Its maximum size is comparable to a ‘country’.

Relationships
    Josiah
    “Though your devotion is impressive, I must caution you nonetheless. Young man, there is no such a thing as a perfect ruler. You must take care of yourself first, and live a full life… one without regrets”
    Chandragupta I & Kumaradevi
    “Two rulers, acting as one. Shared responsibilities, shared dreams for the future. I wonder if that was how my parents felt before their fallout. I wonder if you would feel how he felt after losing her. The love you feel for one another… does not fall short.”
    Augustus
    “Young man, you seem to be enjoying yourself. That is good, enjoyable work is a balm for the soul. Though I should remind you that it’s still work nonetheless. No ambition is too grand that it should flourish at the cost of your people. Remember that, my fellow Emperor.”
    Mehmed II
    “I will not scold you for your ambition. A country does not grow without sacrifices. Nonetheless, you should remember that prices paid in blood have consequences. I wonder how far you will go before you face them.”
    Commodus
    “Aiming for perfection is not evil. But it is not a goal any human will ever reach. You must understand that. Otherwise you will come to resent others and yourself, young man.”
    Big Brother
    “Your way… is misguided. You have abandoned humanity, seeking absolute control over others to the detriment of their freedom. By holding yourself above your people… you have failed as a ruler.”
    Afonso I
    “Ah, our origin. The first domino of the chain. I can only imagine how confused you are by my family’s need for independence. I assure you, it was not an insult to our original cradle, but a marking event of growth. Brazil had to leave its childhood behind.”
    Maria Leopoldina
    “It is a pleasure to finally meet you, mother. I wondered for many years about what kind of person you were. I hope you will not resent me for loving the Second Empress. Father deeply regretted his mistreatment of you, though I will not ask that you forgive him. He too… abandoned me in the end.”
    Hong Xiuquan
    “To err is human. To knowingly commit mistakes and selfishly claim them as triumphs is nothing more than evil. I will not scold you, or reprimand you. As a fellow ruler, the last resource available would be crushing you. I hope you do not resent me for it.”
    Marianne
    “I feel great determination from you. A figure representative not of a single ruler but the concept of many rulers brought together by their love. I wonder if those who overthrew me can do something similar… [The Republic of the Sword] is a fearsome enemy by itself. I shudder to think what the [Book of Fatherland Heroes] would be able to accomplish if summoned.”
    Morgan Pendragon
    “I wonder how I must seem to you. An old man born long before your bones left the earth. I imagine there is not much wisdom I can part with that you have not heard for yourself. In fact, it would be impertinent of me as a ruler to lecture someone who wishes to take the burden. I can only pray for your people’s sake, that you have them in mind.”
    Guinevere
    “You did not ask for it, did you? No. It was asked of you to become the foundation for a prosperous country with no regard for what your future would have been otherwise. I hope you don't resent me when I say it. But I believe our circumstances are similar in a way. If you wish to talk, my door will always be open to you.”
    Isabel

No amount of words could ever serve to express how deeply I regret the fate I imposed upon you. Back then, I did not consider anything beyond my own duty and love for our homeland. I failed to take your own feelings into account. You were suffering, weren’t you?

I’m sure if you could, you would shout your grievances to the world. And I wouldn’t scold you if those were aimed solely at me. It’s my duty as your Father to shoulder that blame.
    But Isabel… they aren’t to blame.

Not the people you wish to free. Not the people who cast us out of our home.

The one best suited to accepting that ‘flame’ which now burns deep within you is none other than me. Because I was the one who planted it there, to preserve the dying embers of our Authority. The dying remains of the Burning Tree which our ancestors uprooted. That ‘flame’ within you was born from it.

And that was my greatest regret.

That in my dying breath I could not warn you.

But I am here now. We all are.

We’ve come to free you from your burden. And put out that flame once and for all.

Creator Notes
    I never said it was Isabel that I was going to post~

After all, you did such a great job tying the themes of flame and conflagration to your Isabel sheet that I decided to tie it right back to my [Andurá] and to my own version of D. Pedro II! I hope you don't mind me playing off of your own sheet in this way. But I thought that this was the best way I could show how much I loved yours. And how it inspired me to go beyond with my own formating to create a brand new one inspired by your own! I hope you guys enjoy it! This one is on Frenzy!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    HOLY SHIT WHAT A TWIST

I haven't been able to read the WHOLE thing through just yet, but... Wyvern. Buddy.

I have been... perhaps unnecessarily harsh with my judgements of your custom classes in the past, which is unfair. I don't like custom classes personally. That's just a me thing. But it's undeniable that your ability to come up with so many at such a rate is proof that you have this well of incredible creativity waiting to be tapped.

I think that well just exploded.

This is without a shadow of a doubt the most incredible work I have ever seen from you, and you should be beyond proud of what you've accomplished. I sure am. This is... spectacular. It's the PERFECT follow up to the Isabel sheet and makes them both even better than they already are as two parts of a whole-- to think me and BnEl are supposed to be the double act? And the new formatting. This style is enchanting and absolutely does SO MUCH MORE for your sheets-- your previous ones have been good but maybe... sparse, if I have to be picky. This... this is the dictionary-definition of 'glow-up.'

Fucking amazing.

Blog Entries
    'Bout to leave for work and I see this! ...Shoot, I'm gonna have to double-time my sheet when I get home.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i wanted to post an entry today, but i think all the attention belongs to brazil today, so I wait a little longer
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    I'll be real... I'm not sure I really... get... it. I'm woefully ignorant of a lot of non-Anglo-centric countries' history, a fact I shame myself for every time an interesting hero I don't quite know about pops up on these forums, so I feel like some of the impact might be lost on me? I got the GIST of it-- revolutionary princess known for Raging Against The Machine to an unreasonable degree becomes an obsessive Beast candidate masquerading using Faker class as a more well-known and apparently well-liked ruler. Didn't surprise me to see Spartacus on the relationship list. But clearly there's a lot more depth to it, I guess, since you mentioned how controversial she is, and I feel like there's a few elements that go over my head? Not that I need to understand every minutiae to realise just what an absolutely spectacular job you've done, of course. Basically every time you post, that goes without saying. I don't get all of it, but what I get I love and what I don't get I love anyway because even if I miss the little details the overall picture is a masterwork.
    Trying to briefly resume the entire thing, it's basically what you've described (which makes me happy because then at least the basic is properly conveyed by the sheet). She was a princess, she made some laws and abolished slavery but she also did so without a care about the liberated slaves, about how they'd survive in this new society, so they were pretty much homeless and pennyless from then on and then she just peaced out and no one ever adressed it again. Even to this day, there's a lot of social inadequacies between white and black people because of ramifications of this decision, because since they had nowhere to live or money to eat, many of the freshly-liberated slaves simply returned to their owner's houses and worked for food/a house. Which... Is basically still slavery. So it was a mockery. In this sense, she's a very controversial figure in our land, because as much as she did good by liberating them she also did a horrible job in liberating them.

@Master_Therion: Thank you again for all your imput. Considering your negative/positive modifiers, I tried to make the proper adjustments following your guidelines. Let's see if it sticks the landing now...
    (Also, the reason why I didn't put any image there was because usually in FGO only the 3 first skills have them (because they are the playable ones.) But I can't say that it also wasn't a calculated move from my part to avoid putting a face in a skill from someone else. I'd love to know which icon would this skill have, though!)

@Koga: Thank you for the compliments, Koga!
    I'll probably edit the sheet after the contest with the rest of the sheets that came after her, so no one will be left out. But I'm pretty sure she'd have the same opinion as she had of the other Augustus, really. In her eyes, they are both OPRESSION, as Spartacus would say hahaha. But really, again, thanks a lot for your support.

@DelRey: I'm so sorry we took over the chat...........

Pedro II: There's this TV show in a talk show format in our country called Casos de Família (something like "Family Affairs") and I'm pretty sure we just transformed this thread into one of that show's episode with these sheets back to back.
    BUT OH WOW AM I BLOWN AWAY BY THIS? I am. I'm so impressed at the level of effort and realization. I don't know for how long you're brewing this behemot in your basement, but oh lordy did it paid off. As others said, this is really one of your best works - dare I say, the best yet? You ascended here, my dude. Everything about our good ol' chap Pedro is impecable. He's regal, he's that funky uncle, he's dutiful, he's charismatic, he's everything our emperor deserves to be and all what history says he was. (And this FC? So cool. It fits him SO much!) I absolutely adore the way you've tied the theme of "fire" in both of your Brazilian sheets (and I admit I tried to copy that so in the end maybe they are all a bunch of pyromaniacs?) and how you used local traditions to craft such mesmerizing Noble Phantasms. I dunno, I wish I had more praises to give to this man because hoo boy, does he and you both deserve them. But I think I'm still reeling from the impact of this sheet.......
    (ALSO YO. NOW YOU FORCE MY HAND, I HAVE TO EDIT YET AGAIN MY SHEET LATER TO INCLUDE A LINE FOR HIM I HATE YOU SO MUCH /jk)
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; June 14th, 2021 at 08:29 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @DelRey: I'm so sorry we took over the chat...........
    haha it is not about taking over the chat, it is about how tremendous your sheets are and posting right after the hype for them is fresh is not a wise tactical decision imo. My post would get overshadowed :P
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    HOLY SHIT WHAT A TWIST

I haven't been able to read the WHOLE thing through just yet, but... Wyvern. Buddy.

I have been... perhaps unnecessarily harsh with my judgements of your custom classes in the past, which is unfair. I don't like custom classes personally. That's just a me thing. But it's undeniable that your ability to come up with so many at such a rate is proof that you have this well of incredible creativity waiting to be tapped.

I think that well just exploded.

This is without a shadow of a doubt the most incredible work I have ever seen from you, and you should be beyond proud of what you've accomplished. I sure am. This is... spectacular. It's the PERFECT follow up to the Isabel sheet and makes them both even better than they already are as two parts of a whole-- to think me and BnEl are supposed to be the double act? And the new formatting. This style is enchanting and absolutely does SO MUCH MORE for your sheets-- your previous ones have been good but maybe... sparse, if I have to be picky. This... this is the dictionary-definition of 'glow-up.'

Fucking amazing.
    You can't imagine how happy hearing that makes me feel. I've been working so often on new sheets that I felt there was something missing. The formatting wasn't quite what I wanted, so I decided to take the idea of my previous one and add some touch ups now that I have more experience and inspiration. Just seeing the kind of sheets that get posted here and in the other threads all the time gave me plenty of ideas on what to add.

I've had concepts for Pedro II since... man... since before we moved to the 3rd Servant Thread. I think I mentioned him here and there in my Sebastian and Carlota Joaquina sheets. But it was years ago.

I was pretty glad to get an opportunity to let loose with his concept.

Pedro II: There's this TV show in a talk show format in our country called Casos de Família (something like "Family Affairs") and I'm pretty sure we just transformed this thread into one of that show's episode with these sheets back to back.

BUT OH WOW AM I BLOWN AWAY BY THIS? I am. I'm so impressed at the level of effort and realization. I don't know for how long you're brewing this behemot in your basement, but oh lordy did it paid off. As others said, this is really one of your best works - dare I say, the best yet? You ascended here, my dude. Everything about our good ol' chap Pedro is impecable. He's regal, he's that funky uncle, he's dutiful, he's charismatic, he's everything our emperor deserves to be and all what history says he was. (And this FC? So cool. It fits him SO much!) I absolutely adore the way you've tied the theme of "fire" in both of your Brazilian sheets (and I admit I tried to copy that so in the end maybe they are all a bunch of pyromaniacs?) and how you used local traditions to craft such mesmerizing Noble Phantasms. I dunno, I wish I had more praises to give to this man because hoo boy, does he and you both deserve them. But I think I'm still reeling from the impact of this sheet.......

(ALSO YO. NOW YOU FORCE MY HAND, I HAVE TO EDIT YET AGAIN MY SHEET LATER TO INCLUDE A LINE FOR HIM I HATE YOU SO MUCH /jk)
    I'm really glad you liked it! After all, I made it as a tribute to yours. It just turned into our very own soap opera. Playing around with the idea of our sheets existing in the same space and one writing a sheet that complements the other was a challenge I didn't know I wanted to take, which of course served to create what must be my greatest sheet. I can't wait to see how I push this format forward.

Looking forward to your edits, and seeing how the Rebellious Princess handles her dad coming to pick her up.

I joke~

A single flash of light consumes the room, so fleeting that it is almost undetectable. Then, blackness. Void. The ambient light slowly creeps back, barely illuminating the hallowed servant who was just summoned. Cascading white robes swallow the small figure, who possesses a visage so pristine that it transcends age and gender, like that of a mannequin. Though expressionless, the face gives the impression of a slight, soft smile.

"I have waited for eternity for this moment. Patiently, though. For it matters not when we reach salvation. All that matters is that we do reach it."

Class: Caster
    True Name: John Anglicus Pope Joan
    Aliases: The Popess
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: England/Germany
    Source: Catholic legend

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: D
    NP: EX

Height/Weight: 165cm/54kg ?/?
    Dislikes: Rationality, Politics
    Talent: Alchemy
    Natural Enemies: The Church
    Attribute: Heaven Human
    Armament: Shepherd's staff
    Catalyst: The High Priestess/Popess Tarot Card

The Woman Pope

The woman who became Pope Joan moved with her lover to Athens where she amassed great knowledge. To continue her affair and her education, however, she had to disguise herself as a man. She joined the Church in this way. Due to her talent and generosity, she climbed up the ranks of the Church. The support of the common people, who she treated as her own children, elevated her to the position of pope. During her tenure, however, she became pregnant by her lover. During a procession down the Via Sacra, she gave birth to her child, revealing herself as a woman. For this, she was stoned to death by the people. Her legend was supposedly suppressed by the Church but in reality was promoted. This was to conceal the even more embarrassing reality...

The Maternalistic Pope
    The second son of a petty noble family, John was shuffled off to the Church at a young age. His parents believed the scrawny bookworm was unfit for the duties of soldiery or nobility. He toiled his youth in a monastery, manufacturing new copies of ancient manuscripts between his prayers. It was a task that induced excitement at first, but these tomes of wisdom became uninteresting after he had every word memorized from all the labors of copying. It was a constrained existence.

That is, until that day, when a mysterious woman appeared at the monastery. She called herself Theodora and was in search of an ancient text on botany. The young John, who had endlessly copied the very text, was assigned to assist Theodora. She was nothing like solemn, dreary monks that constituted John’s peers. Enchanted by her gentle cheerfulness and subtle charisma, John once again felt excitement and wonder when working with her. He ravenously took in her tales of her journeys to exotic lands like Egypt and Russia, where she met kings, queens, and sultans. Scholars and adventurers. Strange plants and beasts. Theodora saw in John a young man held captive, his unquenchable thirst for knowledge waiting to explode. After several inefficient but enjoyable days, they at last came across what Theodora was looking for. She explained that she had a rare and incurable terminal illness which could only be remedied by a certain medicinal herb. John did not question her further on this, instead departing her early for his scheduled prayers. He felt a distinct sense of dread knowing that he would never be able to see Theodora again. However, before leaving the monastery, she specifically requested to see John one last time. She offered him a parting gift: a new book to read, a tome containing knowledge of magic. He greedily took the book but wearily looked around, cautious of any monks seeing him with such a heretical text. As John pondered, his mind returned to his duties of copying texts endlessly and he imagined memorizing and copying the book on magic. He began to weep and Theodora caught him in her arms. “Come with me,” she whispered to him and his heart began to race. Fear and excitement flooded his mind at the thought that her adventures could be his. And so, he snuck away from the monastery and went with Theodora into the unknown future.

Venturing to Athens, Theodora revealed her true nature to John. She was a mage, a practitioner of the arts deemed the ultimate evil by John’s former monastic family. Moreover, she was the inheritor of forbidden divine knowledge. The goddess Isis, who holds all nature’s mysteries, all that cannot be comprehended by humans, had long faded from the world before the Church exterminated her cult. Theodora was her final devotee, the last high priestess of Isis. Her duty, passed from master to apprentice, was to guard the goddess’ wisdom so that it would not entirely disappear from the world. And, due to her illness, she had chosen John as her successor. His initiation began with a series of mystery rituals to open his mind to the divine. While the Church taught him God was beyond human comprehension, his apprenticeship under Theodora was specifically designed to train his mind to tolerate divine knowledge, even if he could not consciously comprehend it. He readily abandoned the teachings of the Church and learned Egyptian alchemy. Though John excelled in all his studies and trials, Theodora lectured him that being the chosen of Isis required more than skill and intelligence, that wisdom for its own sake was hollow. Her duty was also to provide the people with miracles and hope for salvation. John saw her true beauty unveiled when she healed the sick, provided harvests for the hungry, and consoled those who were alone or abandoned. He strove to emulate her. These should have been the most joyful times of John’s life. Yet, he harbored a submerged feeling of sadness. In truth, he loved Theodora from the time he met her and his love had only grown. He was living a heavenly dream, one which was tainted by knowing that he would wake up when she descended into eternal slumber. Theodora, too, had been developing feelings for her apprentice as she watched and nurtured the growth of his life passions. She, however, did not come to terms with her feelings, knowing that they would only result in tragedy.

Theodora and John’s weariness festered. The medicinal herb helped her, despite her illness, keep her ability to function and her appearance of elegance and calm. However, it became more and more difficult for her to hide the worsening of her symptoms from her apprentice. At last, one day, John broke down. He confessed his love and begged her to let him care for her. His training to inherit the wisdom of Isis nearing completion, she relented. Their tears subsided while he brought her food and medicine in bed, prepared cold compresses, and stayed by her side during the worst times of her symptoms. Lacking the strength to fight off their love, they fully embraced it. Though she only had months to live, Theodora came to bear a child. But, fate had frowned upon this child. Its mother would not survive the full term and would take the child with her. On her deathbed, Theodora prepared the final ritual for John to become high priest. Before the final rite, she smiled and consoled John. “I regret nothing fate has given me. I have been saved and you will be, too.” With that, she transferred the wisdom of Isis to John and died. All of it overwhelmed his mind. Divine knowledge he could hardly fathom along with the memories of past high priests and priestesses. Experiencing Theodora’s memories and fully realizing her love for him, he collapsed over her.

John set his ambition beyond any previous inheritor of the wisdom. He would rid the world of tragedy and bring hope to everyone. Whether through hubris or selflessness, he tasked himself with bringing about salvation for all. He moved to Rome, rejoining the Church while studying in secret the wisdom he had inherited. John gained the reputation of being the most learned man in all Rome and became popular for performing minor miracles. He rose quickly, from priest, to bishop, to cardinal as the scale of his miracles rose as well. Rome was the center of temporal power and divine authority, though John had no interest in this. As he healed the sick, produced alms for the poor, and preached the promise of salvation to the people, powerful figures in the Church felt increasingly threatened and suspicious. They coated their jealousy by questioning whether this man was truly chosen by God. The people, however, could not be resisted and John was finally elected pope. While the clergy were said to be married to the mother Church, Pope John took the maternal role for himself. He amassed the wealth of the Church to nurture the people, undermining the temporal power of lords and bishops. He also utilized the Church’s resources to conduct more ambitious and dangerous alchemical experiments. Even though the lives of the people had improved dramatically, it was not enough for John. In a sense, he would not be satisfied with anything less than a return to the Garden of Eden: the elimination of all sickness, strife, hunger, and even death. This was John’s greatest sin, attempting to usurp the role of Mother Goddess. His heartbreak had blinded him to the most important teaching of Theodora: that they were to prepare for salvation after death, rather than provide it themselves. Rather than guide the people to salvation, he reached too far. This world, this life, was not meant to experience salvation.

The Pope’s final ambition was to create life in his own image. By becoming a master of life, he thought he could bring an end to suffering itself. In an experiment that taxed his mind and body to the limit, he found no results, and doubted the possibility. John was wrought with grief. However, unbeknownst to him, an unnoticeable pain appeared in John’s bottom rib. Several days later, he was in a procession down the Via Sacra, surrounded by the elated, hopeful people of Rome. Their emotions only fed his melancholy until it manifested as physical pain. The pain surged and blood spewed and stained the papal robes as John shrieked in agony. He collapsed onto the road as the fleshy and bloodied rib tumbled out of his robes. It steamed, fluctuated, and grew, until it took the form of a child. The people were stunned. Not a sound pierced the air until the child gave out a cry. At that moment, Pope John’s senses were overwhelmed by the sound and sight of the child. He briefly, if only for a fraction of a second, gained total comprehension of the mystery of Isis before collapsing unconscious. The people were rendered frozen by the impossibility and mystery of this miracle, their minds emptied of any assumptions. Finally, a cardinal who hated the pope the most, decried John as a sorcerer and worshipper of the devil. These evil intentions filled the people’s minds and drove their actions. They carried the maimed man, once their messiah, to a square where they stoned him and burned his body. To conceal the truth of this last miracle, an abomination against God, they spread the rumor that it was the result of a natural birth by a woman who became pope. Nevertheless, John’s child grew up to be a bishop himself, and had his father exhumed and buried in a basilica. Although the legend became warped, the truth of Pope John’s generosity persisted. Though the line of the High Priestesses and Priests of Isis vanished, the mystery of Isis did not disappear completely. As later occult mages in the Renaissance began to re-discover ancient Egyptian magic, they uncovered the true story of Pope Joan. This is imbued in the High Priestess, or Popess, trump card of different tarot traditions. The secrets of this card, which depicts the emissary of Isis, is said to hold the last link between Isis and the modern world.

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: B - Though technically aligned with the Church, Caster’s alchemical experiments were mostly done in his workshop. Holy sites can be extensively modified so that they preserve their holy character while becoming optimal workshops for magecraft.
    Item Construction: A - Caster is an expert alchemist with vast divine knowledge. He can create magical items from both the ancient and contemporary ages.

Personal Skills:
    Knowledge of the Sublime: B - Carries all the mysteries of nature even if he cannot comprehend them fully. These enable Caster to create spells that even genius mages would be unable to discover.
    Sacral Purification: A - Caster was a consecrated priest, having gone through several holy rites and having mastery over the Seven Sacraments. Thus, he can fully wield the weapons of the Church, while they are ineffective against him.
    Fisher of Men: A - A form of charisma unique to Church figures. Those with an evil alignment are more strongly affected by the promise of unconditional salvation. This promise, along with Caster’s demeanor, serve as a sort of mental attack that weakens others to Caster’s will. It does not have an effect on other Church figures.

Noble Phantasm

Veil of Isis - Last Iteration: Zone of Mystery
    Type: Anti-World

Isis is the sublime existence. She is everything and everything is her. The mystery of this truth can be fully conceptualized only by the divine. It withholds the true nature of the universe and of existence in all its beauty and majesty. Of what is possible and impossible. The idea that this is beyond the reaches of mere humans manifests as the Veil of Isis. It is the boundary that separates the collective human awareness from the universe's transcendent consciousness. Behind the Veil, impenetrable for humans, reality has no set definition as humans can understand it. As humans progress and mystery is burned away by scientific knowledge, humans believe they can carefully peel the Veil back, revealing Isis and corrupting her true nature from divine mystery to mundane information.

Because Caster, in his final moments, performed the most divine of miracles and became a master of life, he, for the briefest of moments, was able to see behind the Veil of Isis and fully comprehend the mystery. He is therefore eternally intertwined with this mystery. This noble phantasm is the incarnation of the Veil of Isis as a divine construct, which preserves the magic crest inherited in the line of high priests and priestesses of Isis. Since the world progresses by rejecting mystery, the wisdom of Isis can not exist naturally. The Veil bounds a space which eliminates all rational knowledge, creating an environment where mystery can freely exist. The world tolerates a small region being modified. To fully wield the power of Isis, Caster must enclose a large region with the Veil. Activating the Veil of Isis creates a zone which reverts the world to a completely mystical state. The memories of Isis stored in Caster can fully coalesce into a conscious form capable of fully comprehending the mysteries. The incarnation is so thorough that Caster’s body even transforms into an avatar of Isis. Caster can perform magic and miracles beyond the limits of regular humans, powerful and incomprehensible to non-divine enemies. The weakness is that the zone can easily collapse. The world will not tolerate such a violation and apply immense pressure. Use of items that defy mystery, such as modern technology can also be used against it. Attacking the zone with modern weapons is a particularly effective strategy.

Description

John Anglicus took an adrogynous appearance, especially after inheriting the wisdom of Isis. He always puts on a calm and gently cheerful demeanor around others, hiding his exasperation. The weight of tragedy is ever-present. The memories of Theodora both comfort and haunt him. Comfort is offered by knowing that someone loved him so deeply. However, he feels immense guilt from giving her a child that was doomed to die, from giving her such joy that she was doomed to be robbed of. He holds her in a similar esteem as Isis herself. She is John’s inspiration and he sees his purpose as “completing” her duty of bringing salvation to humanity. This is more of an excuse for his alchemical experiments. His greatest desire is the power over life and death, to master fate itself.

His obsession with delivering humanity from suffering is rooted in the sorrow he feels for Theodora and her child being unjustly robbed of life. He would undo the fundamental mechanisms of the world that necessitates sickness, hunger, and suffering, believing that the divine could have left humanity in a gentler world. Comprehending the mysteries of Isis is not enough because such mysteries no longer have a place in the world. As humanity’s knowledge increases, the mystical fades away, being replaced by the clarity of what is possible and impossible. For humanity to accept a miracle great enough to give salvation to the world, John believes he must return the world to a state devoid of knowledge in favor of one full of mystery, one where humans are unable to comprehend what is possible or impossible.

His wish from the Grail is to create a direct connection between the world and the Root (which he refers to as Isis), a vacuum of unknown which would overwhelm the collective knowledge of humanity. Thus, he will create a world where all miracles are accepted, so that he can give all people, especially those who are his most beloved, the life he believes they deserve. He works well with all masters, regardless of intentions, because of his promises of salvation. Virtuous masters trust his resolve to deliver a better world while selfish masters are tempted by the wisdom and power he innately possesses. Only members of the Church will unconditionally refuse to cooperate with him. John sees his beliefs in the omniscient divine and in salvation are the same as the teachings of Jesus, and that he is only labeled a heretic because Church officials greedily cling to temporal power.

Relationships

Master: "You have no need to tell me your wish for the Grail. All wishes and dreams are one in the same and will be granted upon return to the first iteration of mystery."

Big Brother: "Ah, the very anti-thesis of god. A miracle created from the science of possessing all information is no true miracle. And it cannot provide true salvation."

Hong Xiuquan: " To bring salvation by temporal will. To create heaven on earth by creating hell on earth. Such contradictions may very well show you are an agent of almighty deliverance."

Marianne: "Humanity, as it progresses, finds new avenues to undo its collective knowledge. Even ideology can become religion and so this, too, may be a path to salvation."

Author Notes
    Wanted to get this reverse gender bend in while I had time. I'll still add relationships and some dialogue.
    Last edited by doncosaco; June 19th, 2021 at 01:45 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Anglicus: Now this is an unusual sheet. The "reverse-genderbend" is a clever idea but honestly this feels more like an OC than the historic/mythical figure in question. Maybe I'm just not that familiar with Joan's legend but I've read about her before and never heard of this Isis or alchemy stuff. Also you should probably include some more paragraph-spacing in the personality description since as is it's a bit of a text-block.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pope Joan: Oh well then. There's a lot of ideas here and a lot of miscomunication as well. This could use some more polishing, in my opinion. The idea behind the sheet is very good, I'll concede that - it's just that it's really bare (is this even the word?) I meant in the way that you used words, yes, but they really didn't meant anything. I still know nothing of this character, I still don't understand why they have this power or what it does... But really, if you have the time to polish the idea a bit better, I'm sure the final result will be a blast.

I caved in and ended up adding more quotes to my sheet too even though I had promised to not touch it again. I HATE YOU SO MUCH WYVERN /JK
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

It’s an idea I’ve wanted to make a reality for some time. The Pope Joan legend is pretty bare. The connection to alchemy and Isis is not direct. Maybe it wouldn’t be wrong to call it OC. The tarot card the high priestess is also known as the popess, in reference to Pope Joan, and it makes strong allusions to Isis and the concepts behind the Isis cult. So I decided to try to link the two, with the male Pope Joan’s lover being the high priestess.