Page 90 of 858 FirstFirst ... 408085888990919295100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Francisco Pizarro González of Earth, welcome to the Orange Lantern Corps.

Fantastic sheet as always, and holy shit is he a powerhouse after a while. I'd be concerned that his growth period is so small and the detriments really don't make that big of an impact to his efficacy if I'm reading it right, but this guy is obviously more important than Hideyoshi. Very spicy characterization.
    Triumphant Return of the Sword could really just be sublimated into a separate Noble Phantasm from the way it's presented, but he's already plenty strong so a Skill might more beneficial.
    The Conquest of Peru is a creative use of greed as a physical substance, but Aspiration of the Brave Castillans doesn't really work for me.
    I wouldn't even have known that was a genderswapped Mami until you pointed it out. It's a really damn good sheet.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 15th, 2016 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post

Class:
    Saber
    True Name: Francisco Pizarro González
    Wow. Your sheets are top-notch. Here are my thoughts, broken down:

Stats: Well balanced. The low luck early on is probably my favorite part of the sheet, but I'll talk about that later.

Skill: Interesting and flavorful choices. Unyielding Will and Incitement fit very well with the personality and lore. Is Triumphant Return of the Sword a custom skill or a GO thing? (Getting difficult to track all the skills.) Either way, it's great. I really like the concept of how weak early on he is.

Noble Phantasms: 1 and 3 are incredible, but I'm a little less sold on 2. 1 first: it's great. It just goes so well with his lore; that's really a great theme with the sheet. 3: Beamu attack, but I like that it isn't just a laser. Adding a little more flavor to what it does is always good. I didn't comment last time, but the Cortes flames are good for a similar reason. As for 2: I like the concept, but I'm a bit confused by the reasoning behind it. After his speech, only 13 out of 160 men went with him? That seems almost like an anti-feat for his charisma. Obviously the task was dangerous, but still. Could you elaborate on that a little more on that?

Overall: Truly incredible work. Detailed, well edited, and extremely flavorful. Like I said in stats, the concept of his "unlucky" first week is simply genius. It's simple, but it adds an incredible about of flavor that helps distinguish him from the hundreds of other servants posted here. Robert Falcon Scott, a sheet I posted here, was almost a reverse of that, in that he got unluckier as the war went on, but it was not executed nearly as well. (To be fair, it was my first sheet, but it was honestly hot garbage.) Great job.

Speaking of Scott, I'm thinking of revising him, as well as Woodes Rogers, my second servant, at some point. The stuff I've been working on lately is of much higher quality imo, and I think they both have a lot of potential. I'm going to wait a little while though, because I think I could still use a little more practice before attempting that. Next sheet is going to be Berserker Richard III, as well as corrections for Lorenzo.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Francisco Pizarro González of Earth, welcome to the Orange Lantern Corps.

Fantastic sheet as always, and holy shit is he a powerhouse after a while. I'd be concerned that his growth period is so small and the detriments really don't make that big of an impact to his efficacy if I'm reading it right, but this guy is obviously more important than Hideyoshi. Very spicy characterization.
    Triumphant Return of the Sword could really just be sublimated into a separate Noble Phantasm from the way it's presented, but he's already plenty strong so a Skill might more beneficial.
    The Conquest of Peru is a creative use of greed as a physical substance, but Aspiration of the Brave Castillans doesn't really work for me.
    I wouldn't even have known that was a genderswapped Mami until you pointed it out. It's a really damn good sheet.
    To be honest, looking from TM's side of things he's way less popular than Hideyoshi for them at least. But yeah the first NP was more or less based off on the Koha Ace Hideyoshi sheet and I figured it's a handy NP because it nerfs him down for at least a full week with only real benefit being the concealment of his true identity and the fact that when the NP stops having effect, he'd go from incompetent Servant to above average Servant which could mess up enemy plans since at that point they probably already had him pinned down as a weak Servant. I'm down for some nerfs if you have any in mind though.

Also Triumphant Return of the Sword is a GO skill (granted one without any type of description as of right now). Thanks btw, and I guess I'm not the only one who thought Mami looked like a feminine dude in that pic then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Wow. Your sheets are top-notch. Here are my thoughts, broken down:
    Thanks, man. Lemme answer some of the questions you have:

Is Triumphant Return of the Sword a custom skill or a GO thing? (Getting difficult to track all the skills.)
    GO skill that was given to Spartacus through his strengthening quest, but we've absolutely no idea what it does lore-wise yet as far as I know. So the text for it is basically just stuff I made up based on the name and Spartacus' legend.

As for 2: I like the concept, but I'm a bit confused by the reasoning behind it. After his speech, only 13 out of 160 men went with him? That seems almost like an anti-feat for his charisma. Obviously the task was dangerous, but still. Could you elaborate on that a little more on that?
    Incitement is a bit different than Charisma seemingly and it's supposed to be more effective on individuals rather than the masses (though it works on both), which seems like a good skill to give to Pizarro in that case since he was more capable at convincing individuals rather than the masses. Pizarro was the governor of New Castille for a time so he probably would have Charisma despite him not being able to convince all 160 people to follow him back then, but I decided to scrap using Charisma again and instead chose Incitement since his most charismatic feats showed in 1on1 talks or such.

And the 2nd NP is the NP I gave him because the ''Famous Thirteen'' are quite famous (like their name says lol) inside of Pizarro's ''legend'' and they stuck loyally to him which he later rewarded them for, so since we already have a similar NP thanks to Richard I decided to go with that idea and give Pizarro the ''Famous Thirteen'' which's members are only really notable because of their involvement with Pizarro for the most part.

Overall: Truly incredible work. Detailed, well edited, and extremely flavorful. Like I said in stats, the concept of his "unlucky" first week is simply genius. It's simple, but it adds an incredible about of flavor that helps distinguish him from the hundreds of other servants posted here. Robert Falcon Scott, a sheet I posted here, was almost a reverse of that, in that he got unluckier as the war went on, but it was not executed nearly as well. (To be fair, it was my first sheet, but it was honestly hot garbage.) Great job.

Speaking of Scott, I'm thinking of revising him, as well as Woodes Rogers, my second servant, at some point. The stuff I've been working on lately is of much higher quality imo, and I think they both have a lot of potential. I'm going to wait a little while though, because I think I could still use a little more practice before attempting that. Next sheet is going to be Berserker Richard III, as well as corrections for Lorenzo.
    I've seen a couple of Richard III sheets here before, but I'll look forward to seeing yours as well. Richard III seems like cool HS material in any case. Haven't really seen Scott though I think. Might be because I don't really recognize the name and I haven't been that long on this thread. Once again thanks btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post

Incitement is a bit different than Charisma seemingly and it's supposed to be more effective on individuals rather than the masses (though it works on both), which seems like a good skill to give to Pizarro in that case since he was more capable at convincing individuals rather than the masses. Pizarro was the governor of New Castille for a time so he probably would have Charisma despite him not being able to convince all 160 people to follow him back then, but I decided to scrap using Charisma again and instead chose Incitement since his most charismatic feats showed in 1on1 talks or such.

And the 2nd NP is the NP I gave him because the ''Famous Thirteen'' are quite famous (like their name says lol) inside of Pizarro's ''legend'' and they stuck loyally to him which he later rewarded them for, so since we already have a similar NP thanks to Richard I decided to go with that idea and give Pizarro the ''Famous Thirteen'' which's members are only really notable because of their involvement with Pizarro for the most part.

I've seen a couple of Richard III sheets here before, but I'll look forward to seeing yours as well. Richard III seems like cool HS material in any case. Haven't really seen Scott though I think. Might be because I don't really recognize the name and I haven't been that long on this thread. Once again thanks btw.

Thanks for the clarifications, clears up most of my concerns. Richard sheet is weird so far, but I like it. Started out very different from how its ended up. As I did my research, I learned that his character was a lot more ambiguous than most people think. He sorta has a reputation of "mwahahaha I am le evil" but there is a ton of contradictory evidence showing like what a great dude he might have been. Nobody was really sure what he was actually like, because every first hand source was super biased for or against him, making him pretty controversial and divisive. That muddled ambiguity is the focus of the sheet. Hope to have it done and ready for posting reasonably soon.

Robert Falcon Scott was an explorer in the early 1900s (right at the cutoff for HSs) who attempted to reach the North Pole in a race against another explorer. His trip went disastrously wrong and resulted in his death, but has become extremely famous, probably more so than the dude who actually succeeded. As far as I know, my old sheet was the only take on Robert Falcon Scott I've ever seen, which is part of why I want to redo it. Since Scott is a pretty interesting character, I want to do him right. Same is true for Rodgers, who was a pirate-hunter who ended the Golden Age of Piracy basically single-handedly. (he was kind of a badass.)
    Last edited by 4score7years; November 15th, 2016 at 06:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh boy, a genderswap!
    With furious apologies to Adlet for blatantly stealing his format.

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=56202297
    Class: Saber

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Mongolia

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    NP: A

Height/Weight: 176cm/70.3kg
    Dislikes: Idiots, her mixed blood
    Talents: Opportunistically taking advantage of multiple sides
    Natural enemy: Ottomans
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human
    Armament: Armour, sword, shield

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (C)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding: (B)
    Riding, the Class Skill of Rider and Saber, is the ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. All creatures can be used as mounts. However, that doesn't apply to Phantasmal Beasts or Divine Beasts.

Personal Skills:

Protection of the Faith (False): (A)
    Protection of the Faith is a Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. This skill is not a true representation of one's devotion to their faith, however. Rather, it is a skill that can be wielded due entirely to the insistence of the owner that that they are the genuine article.
    As a half-breed with no staying power in either of the sides she tried to lead for various reasons, Saber was forced to come up with her own abilities that would convince her Muslim contingent to follow her every move. Championing herself as [one who exerts Allah's will] while more likely than not not believing a word of the religion itself, Saber has access to this skill and at a high rank to boot. Its effects are the same as Protection of the Faith (True) of the same level, but its efficacy has a high chance of dropping to nil around Servants with a true religious background.

Military Tactics: (B)
    Military Tactics is tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    Noted as the last of the great steppe conquerors, Saber's empire was about as big as Alexander the Great's in terms of raw landmass--if not in length. A brilliant tactician, the capture of the Delhi Sultanate was one of Saber's greatest victories, arguably surpassing the likes of Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan because of the harsh conditions of the journey and the achievement of taking down one of the richest cities at the time. Her bloodthirsty ways were said to have crippled the city for a century.

Unfortunate Physique: (C)
    A skill possessed by those who were born with disfigured bodies or achieved one later in life for various reasons. A combination Skill that conflates the effects and motives of Innocent Monster and Uncrowned Arms Mastery, those with Unfortunate Physique are considered too pathetic to attack.
    At the age of eight or nine, Saber and her mother and brothers were carried as prisoners to Samarkand by an invading Mongol army. In her childhood, Saber and a small band of followers raided travelers for goods, especially animals such as sheep, horses, and cattle. In around 1363, it is believed that Saber tried to steal a sheep from a shepherd but was shot by two arrows, one in her right leg and another in her right hand, where she lost two fingers. Both injuries crippled her for life.
    Thus, while her true name is hidden all of Saber's stats appear to be rank down by one. A perfect skill for taking one by surprise, its effect is dispelled once her true name is revealed. With high-intensity magical healing, it is possible for Saber's figure to be reformed; bumping her Agility up to C rank and cancelling this Skill completely.

Noble Phantasm

Gur-e-Amir
    The Once and Future Shaker of Worlds

Type: Barrier
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1

It is alleged that Saber's tomb was inscribed with the words, "When I rise from the dead, the world shall tremble." It is also said that when Soviet archaeologist Mikhail M. Gerasimov exhumed the body, an additional inscription inside the casket was found, which read, "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." In any case, three days after Gerasimov began the exhumation, Adolf Hitler launched Operation Barbarossa, the largest military invasion of all time, upon the Soviet Union. Saber was re-buried with full Islamic ritual in November 1942 just before the Soviet victory at the Battle of Stalingrad.

Gur-e-Amir is the crystallization of Saber's multifaceted posthumous curses. Taking the form of a large bambai (round Mongolian shield) it is a shield that possesses two distinct magical layers. The first layer encompasses the curse inscribed on her tomb, and is actually a forcefield-like projection extending from the shield akin to Rho Aias.
    Upon summoning, the weight of the World supporting Saber's existence will alert every other participant in the Grail War that she has been summoned (barring her true name). The first layer can also be used offensively while it is intact, creating powerful shockwaves if Saber strikes it with her sword.

Once shattered with enough force, the second layer takes effect--the physical shield itself. While not nearly as capable of rebuking attacks as the first layer, the second layer has its own surprise effect. Only activating after the entire shield is destroyed, the enemy's own worst enemy is immediately summoned forth as a shade. While not particularly powerful, this shade is relentless and nigh-immortal, only dispelled if Saber's shield is pieced back together.

Passively, if Saber is summoned with her shield in any Class it is almost guaranteed Genghis Khan will rise to fill one of the other spots in a Holy Grail War, should there still be room available--going so far as to subvert another Servant's catalyst.

Zulfiqar

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 50
    Max Target: 200

The King of Swords according to Muslim belief, Zulfiqar is the name of the legendary sword of Ali ibn Abi Talib which is said to have been given to him by Muhammad. Muhammad gave this sword to his cousin Ali in the Battle of Uhud. The sword was brought by the angel Gabriel as an order from Allah. It was historically frequently depicted as a scissor-like double bladed sword on Muslim flags, and it is commonly shown in Shi'ite depictions of Ali and in the form of jewelry functioning as talismans as a scimitar terminating in two points. Middle Eastern weapons are commonly inscribed with a quote mentioning Zulfiqar, and Middle Eastern swords are at times made with a split tip in reference to the weapon.

Yet like so many things in Saber's life, however, this is not the true Zulfiqar. Instead, it is the physical form of Saber's self-appointed title as the "Sword of Islam" (as well as the multiple swords Saber owned in her life) that just so happened to take the shape of the famous King of Swords. Slaughtering millions in the name of the Mongols as well as Muslims, this Noble Phantasm is the legend of Saber murdering 5% of the planet's population given form.

A devastating crescent slash, Zulfiqar encompasses Saber's legend as [as one who brings together] just as much as [one who destroys]. After the slash, the effected area is thus violently [brought together] and then [torn asunder] like a giant version of a very special pistol bullet. Another Noble Phantasm that brings violence to the World itself.

Lore

Saber's true identity is Timur. Historically known as Tamerlane, she was a Turco-Mongol conqueror and the founder of the Timurid Empire in Persia and Central Asia. She was also the first ruler in the Timurid dynasty.

Born into the Barlas confederation in Transoxiana on 9 April 1336, Timur gained control of the western Chagatai Khanate by 1370. From that base, she led military campaigns across Western, South and Central Asia, Caucasus and southern Russia, and emerged as the most powerful ruler in the Muslim world after defeating the Mamluks of Egypt and Syria, the emerging Ottoman Empire and the declining Delhi Sultanate. From these conquests he founded the Timurid Empire, but this empire fragmented shortly after his death.

Timur is considered the last of the great nomadic conquerors of the Eurasian Steppe, and his empire set the stage for the rise of the more structured and lasting Gunpowder Empires in the 1500s and 1600s. According to John Joseph Saunders, Timur's background was Iranized and not steppe nomad.

Timur envisioned the restoration of the Mongol Empire of Genghis Khan. "In her formal correspondence Temur continued throughout his life to portray herself as the restorer of Chinggisid rights. She justified her Iranian, Mamluk and Ottoman campaigns as a re-imposition of legitimate Mongol control over lands taken by usurpers." To legitimize her conquests, Timur relied on Islamic symbols and language, referred to herself as the "Sword of Islam" and patronized educational and religious institutions. He converted nearly all the Borjigin leaders to Islam during her lifetime. "Temur, a non-Chinggisid, tried to build a double legitimacy based on her role as both guardian and restorer of the Mongol Empire." Timur also decisively defeated the Christian Knights Hospitaller at Smyrna, styling herself a ghazi. By the end of her reign, Timur had gained complete control over all the remnants of the Chagatai Khanate, Ilkhanate, and Golden Horde and even attempted to restore the Yuan dynasty.

Timur's armies were inclusively multi-ethnic and were feared throughout Asia, Africa, and Europe, sizable parts of which were laid waste by her campaigns. Scholars estimate that his military campaigns caused the deaths of 17 million people, amounting to about 5% of the world population.

She was the grandfather of the renowned Timurid sultan, astronomer and mathematician Ulugh Beg, who ruled Central Asia from 1411 to 1449, and the great-great-great-grandfather of Babur, founder of the Mughal Empire, which ruled parts of South Asia for over three centuries, from 1526 until 1857.[13][14] Timur is also recognized as a great patron of art and architecture, as she interacted with Muslim intellectuals such as Ibn Khaldun and Hafiz-i Abru.

Personality

Timur is regarded as a military genius, and as a brilliant tactician with an uncanny ability to work within a highly fluid political structure to win and maintain a loyal following of nomads during her rule in Central Asia. She was also considered extraordinarily intelligent – not only intuitively but also intellectually. In Samarkand and her many travels, Timur, under the guidance of distinguished scholars, was able to learn the Persian, Mongolian, and Turkic languages. More importantly, Timur was characterized as an opportunist. Taking advantage of her Turco-Mongolian heritage, Timur frequently used either the Islamic religion or the law and traditions of the Mongol Empire to achieve her military goals or domestic political aims.

Slightly self-conscious of her height, Timur is also allegedly the founder and sole member of the Genghis Khan Fanclub.

Tactics

Much like her beloved Genghis Khan, the best way to utilize Saber is to wind her up and stay the hell out of her way.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 15th, 2016 at 08:27 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ail Don: I have to say, your first couple sheets were not so great, but these latest (this one and Lawrence mainly) have been really top-notch. The genderbend syncs very well with your take on her character, Skills add a ton of flavor and having Genghis as her 'sempai' is an amusing touch for sure. Her NPs are also very well-done (especially the shield), with some very creative effects. Zulfiqar is something I've seen in a couple other sheets (mostly for Ali) but I've never seen one like yours before (since it's tied in specifically to Timur's own legend). The imagery of the land being ripped apart and brought back together makes me think of all the crazy vacuum special effects from anime like Kill La Kill.

All in all, kudos. Though, none of your FC images seem to show up properly. (It doesn't matter too much since you link to them anyways, but still...)

- - - Updated - - -

And don't feel bad about stealing from Adlet. I started to take inspiration from him as well with my latest Arthur Harris Servant.

In terms of the amount of flavor and detail he manages to cram into those sheets, that guy really is second to none...!

Blog Entries
    First off thanks a bunch for the feedback!
    I think if I were to ever write a fic, Genghis's too-tall clingy imouto would be fun to write about. She was definitely fun to make.
    By the way, are you on your phone by any chance? I just checked mine and the image doesn't work there, but on my laptop it works fine. I'll do some messing around with the settings and see if I can fix it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    By the way, are you on your phone by any chance? I just checked mine and the image doesn't work there, but on my laptop it works fine. I'll do some messing around with the settings and see if I can fix it.
    I'm not on my phone. In fact, believe it or not, I don't actually own a personal cell-phone.

First of all, sheet looks good. Secondly, the image wasn't working for me before, but it is now. Weird.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    First of all, sheet looks good. Secondly, the image wasn't working for me before, but it is now. Weird.
    Yeah, it's been fixed. Works for me now too.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here's a OP wanked servant from the Matter of France for Spartacus.

Source: (X)

True Name: Olivier de Vienne 'The Wise Paladin'
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: France
    Attribute:
    Earth
    Traits:
    Humanoid
    Armament:
    Sword, Armour

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: A++

Height/Weight: 178cm/72kg
    Dislikes: Dramatic Feats, Recklessness
    Talent: Performing good deeds that go unnoticed, Common Sense
    Natural Enemy: Roland

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: B
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Despite never facing any magic in his life, he holds high resistance thanks to the inherent ability of the Saber class and the time period he lived in.

Riding: B
    The ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts. Although never depicted riding anything it can be assumed he was trained to do so like many other nights.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation: B

The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. Can continue battle after taking fatal injuries, but only for a limited time. After being struck by a mortal wound, he mustered enough power to split his attackers head in two with a single swing.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    Calm analysis of battle conditions, by which competent grasp of the status of the self and the opponent are obtainable even in the midst of danger; utilisation of such to deduce the appropriate course of action that permits escape from a lethal predicament.

Military Tactics: C
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Unlike most of the Paladins, Saber had a calm and temperate mind and acted as a strategist for the warriors.

Noble Phantasms

Hauteclere
    Sword of Starlight that Shines Ever Bright

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1 PersonThe sword of Olivier, an equal of the great paladin Roland himself. It is holy weapon forged with the most burnished steel, with an immaculate crystal embedded in a golden hilt. It is a truly beautiful weapon with a light that shines brilliantly, much like how the Suns glory outshines other stars in the far off distance.

When this effect is activated in the presence of holy weapons, a golden light will emanate from the blade. Unlike the phenomenon known as a 'Hole in the World' that consumes light of other holy weaponry, when Hauteclere is within the vicinity of holy weaponry, the rank and damage output of the sword increases and possesses advantage over these weapons. However it will have no effect on EX ranked weapons.

This ability of Hautclere allowed him to face evenly against Roland who wielded the legendary Holy Sword Durandal.

Hauteclere
    Sword of Starlight that Skips Across Time

Type:Anti-Unit
    Max Targets: 1 Person

The sword of Olivier, an equal of the great paladin Roland himself. It is holy weapon forged with the most burnished steel, with an immaculate crystal embedded in a golden hilt. It possesses the legend of - when Saber was on the verge of death - instantly splitting his assailants head in to with a single swing before passing away. While many believed that it was an instantaneously fast counter-slash at a speed the human eye could not comprehend, Olivier had instead unlocked its true power for the only time. A temporary effect of a Pseudo-Second Magic.

When this Noble Phantasm is activated, the sword and its wielder are temporarily removed from the flow of time, but not space. This allows the user to move while everything else is "frozen in time" which Saber is still able to interact with. However Hauteclere can only stop time for a few seconds (at the perception of the wielder) as the mana cost is utterly immense, even with a high back up.

Due to mental barriers and not quite fully understanding this property of Hauteclere himself, he can only active the Noble Phantasm when being attacked to give him a free "counter strike." If Saber had an infinite source of mana and a full understanding of Hauteclere then he could theoretically use the Pseudo-Second to stop time for an indefinite period by his perspective. Regardless, even with just a few seconds and the speed and power a high-tier servant possesses, the amount of destruction that can unfold in just those few seconds is truly great.

Lore

One of the Twelve Paladins of Charlemagne. Olivier was the closest friend of the great Roland and considered to be his equal.

They met as rivals, Roland representing Charlemagne and Olivier from Girart de Vienne - a rebellious feudal lord. Facing each other in a duel of champions to settle a war between the two leaders the two duelled in an epic battle. Olivier had an unmatched mind of calm strategy while Roland had natural talent and a fiery heart. After the duel ended in a draw and recognising each other's talent they negotiated reconciliation between their leaders.

While Roland searched for glory and adventure, Olivier became dedicated to Charlemange when the latter became his master. As an administrative official, he supported his liege and performed many services to the crown behind the scenes whilst simultaneously tidying up the messes the other paladins made on their adventures. Mainly Roland. Once to prove a point he had all of the soldiers under his command ambush Roland when he gallivanted off into combat, declaring he would claim all the glory himself. Although he terrified his best friend, he showed reasonableness is to be preferred to recklessness. Although his legend was objectively lesser than most other paladins, Olivier did not care in the slightest.

However at the fated battle of the Roncevaux Pass where the paladin Ganelon sold out his fellow paladins out of envy and resentment of Roland, he fought alongside him. While Roland said that he would not blow on his Oliphant Horn to call for aid as it would look cowardly, Olivier knew it was to not incur any more needless losses. Upon being fatally stabbed in the back with a Lance, he instantaneously split his attackers head in two and being blinded by blood, he charged in and cut down man left and right until he accidentally struck Roland.

"Look, I am Roland, that loved you all my days."

Having come to his senses and his body weakening he collapsed in the arms of sweetest friend with Roland holding Olivier tight until he passed away.

"Au revoir mon… ami."

Personality

Clear headed and always possessing a calm demeanour. Olivier is a selfless devotee. However unlike a certain Knight of the Sun, Olivier is not afraid about voicing his own opinions on any matter and would reprimand anyone who he believes is not conducting themselves in a proper manner. Indeed if Olivier were akin to Gawain, Charlemange is to Arthur, Roland to Lancelot and Ganelon to Mordred.

He is an excellent negotiator with polite visage and formal mannerisms, even if he is screaming at the person internally. He is quickly agitated by reckless behaviour and childish naďveté and holds grudges. However he always waits for the perfect time to mention how you conducted yourself when rejected, or off-handily mentioning your fetishes of stockings and handcuffs to the public. No wonder Roland qualifies as a Berserker.

He and Roland were… an odd pair. Always butting heads and insulting each other but always supporting each other with the most tender kindness. They always thought of each other and Olivier only felt complete when around Roland.

Perhaps Olivier's affection was more than just friendship.

Tactics

Much like many archetypical Sabers, he possesses high combat ability and parameters. With his cunning and tactical mind, he would fare well in combat even against more powerful foes.

The first property of Hauteclere ironically makes him a trump card against those with holy weaponry and would have an advantage over many of the 'Knight' class servants. However much like in the legend due to dying via a sneak attack, he would not fare well against the Assassin class servants.

The second property of Hauteclere is by far his greatest strength. He benefits mostly form a powerful master to maximise usage of his time manipulation abilities and could potentially move freely from time for five to maybe even a maximum of ten seconds whilst a weak master could only handle the strain of half a second. However one must be tactical in its deployment as an extended and/or repeated usage could easily suck even the most powerful masters dry. Therefore it should ideally only be used once to prevent another master learning its power and to end conflict in a single blow.

So thats number 95. Nearly at 100 now! Maybe I should stop it with the Sabers...
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 14th, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar

Source: https://twitter.com/ORE_HA_AKUMA_DA/...65901786648576
    Alternate Class: Berserker

Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Origin: Legendary Tales
    Region: Britain

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: E
    NP: A++

Height/Weight: 185m/72kg
    Dislikes: His own emptiness
    Talents: Being a pawn
    Natural enemy: King Arthur
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human
    Armament: Full Armour, "His" sword

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (B)
    Ability to resist magecraft. At this rank, spell below three verses are cancelled. It is difficult for him to be affected even by High-Taumathurgy.
    Saber was in a intimate relationship with a powerful spellcaster.

Riding: (B)
    The ability to mount beasts and vehicle. At this rank, all vehicles and animals can be riden with above average skill.
    Saber is a knight and thus was skilled in horseback fighting.

Personal Skills:

Mental Pollution: (A)
    The ability to resist mental interference of any kind due to possessing a distorded mentality. However, it is impossible to come to a mutual understanding with those who do not possesses an equal rank in this skill.
    Saber is fanatically devoted to his lover. This loyalty has overidden all of the other parts of his personallity and combined with the negative effect of one of his Noble Phantasm makes it almost impossible for him to communicate with others.

Frenzy of the Fairies: (A)
    The ability to call upon the elementals sleeping in the earth to crush the mind of enemies. Saber may cause a temporary rank-down in the Strength and Agility in all of his opponents.
    This skill represent the curses and the trickeries of a wicked fairy to undermine those who would desire to arm her beloved.

Protection of the Fairies: (B)
    The ability to call upon the blessing of the elementals to increase one's luck in dangerous situation. It may only be activated on the battlefield, where feats of arm can be performed.
    Despite the fact that she manipulated him, it cannot be denied that he was one the rare persons that a certain witch truly loved.

Beauty of Trouble with Woman: (A)
    Ability given to those whose doomfall was brought upon them by their romance with women. It gives bonuses when influencing women, but also make the servant weaker to charm effect originating from women, negating his resistance granted by Mental Pollution and his Magic Resistance against such spells.
    It was Saber's brief romance that led him to him breaking his vow of chivalry and his defeat at the end of his own liege.

Noble Phantasm

Helm of Clouded Vision

Machination of the Wicked Sorceress

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

A magic helmet given to Saber by Morgan Le Fay before she assigned him a mission to slay one of her enemies. Unknown to him, the enemy was none other than Artoria. The helmet was enchanted to conceal Saber's identity, so that he may return to Camelot without tarnishing his reputation. That way, he would be able to destroy her half-sister's great kingdom from the inside.

It may be tought as a "prototype" of Secret of Pedigree. Like it, it hides to other data about his personal skills, his true name and his Noble Phantasm. However, unlike Modred's perfected version, this effect will disappear the second he removes his helmet. Fortunately, he is greatly attached to his loved one's gift and will not remove it unless forced by a Command Code. While some may be able to get a feeling of knowing his identity from clues, they will be unable to reach a definitive conclusion.

It has a far more devastating side-effect. When using it, it also cloud Saber's sight and thoughts. . While he can hear what other people say, react to their actions and superficially interact with them, he sees them only as unidentifiable shades and will not recall their identities. He can recognise his master to an extent and will detect the aura of servants, but he won't remember any further details. It was this effect that prevented him for recognising his king when he fought against her. Furthermore, it even hide from him data about his life, such as his fateful fight against his lord or the True Names or effects of his other Noble Phantasm. The only exception is his beloved Morgana, who he will recognise instantly.

Excalibur Morgan
    Sword of Stolen Victory

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2

Prior to Saber's duel with Artoria, Morgan managed trough trickery to steal Excalibur from her and replace it with a normal sword. She then gave the legendary sword to him so that he may kill the king with her own weapon.

Due to Saber's distorted mind and Morgan's influence over him, Excalibur was changed into its corrupted form. However, Saber doesn't know the true name of this Noble Phantasm and thus may not activate the abilities it would have if used by a corrupted Artoria. Even if he were to learn its true name, he wouldn't be able to use it. To replace it, Morgan has enchanted it to give it nearly equal, if far more insidious, constantly-acting ability. Indeed, she has given it the ability to invoke [an unfair fight that rob heroes of their most precious weapons]. If Saber touches the Noble Phantasm of another servant with it, then their magical power will be negated, reducing them to ordinary weapons only magically-enhanced enough to harm servants. This last until the fight is over. This will obviously not work on Noble Phantasm without a physical form or those with limitless power (in other words, EX-ranked Noble Phantasm). This is a deliberate recreation of his fight with Artoria, where she was forced to fight without Excalibur.

Ironically, if he were to face Artoria again, this Noble Phantasm would be automatically deactivated. Indeed, as she owns the real thing instead of a replica created by the Grail, the falsehood of this Weapon would be revealed and it will itself become a regular sword.

Lore

Saber's true name is Accolon of Gaul, one of the numerous knights of Camelot. While he wasn't part of the Table Round, he was nonetheless good at fighting, honorable, loyal to his king and charismatic. It seemed that he had a bright future ahead of him. However, he came to a horrific realisation. His life was empty. Despite all his vows, his devotion and his respect for the rules of chivalry, he never loved anyone, never truly believed in anything and never put his earth into anything he did. While other praised him, he felt a terrible sadness inside.

This all changed one day. While he was off hunting with his king in the wood, he lost sight of the rest of the hunting party. He then met Morgan le Fey, who would become the love of his life. Accolon's gentlemanly manners, Morgan's lively disposition and their shared feeling of having no true place to call home drew them closer and led them to have a loving and torrid, if brief, relationship. Yet Morgan's desire of getting revenge against her half-sister overruled her love for him. She decided to use him to achieve her goal. She set up a duel to the death between Artoria and Accolon without either party knowing each other's true identity. Due to the sorceress's trickery, the king of knight was almost completely overwhelmed by her opponent. The situation was only reversed when the lady of the lake personally took Excalibur and gave it back to the King of Knights. When his helmet was cut, they were then able to recognise each other. While Artoria was shocked by the revelation, Accolon outright fell into despair. Not so much at the revelation of Morgana's trickery, but at the confirmation that all of the engagement he made and followed in his life were nothing more than hollow, soulless words. As such, he did not resist when she interrogated him for his motives or when she sentenced him to imprisonment. He died alone in his cell four days later, knowing that he basically wasted his whole life on lies.

Personality

Saber is a very difficult servant to handle. His Mental Pollution and his Helm of Clouded Vision keep him from truly seeing others as humans and make effective cooperation with his master almost impossible. He is obsessed with Morgan and will scarcely initiate conservations that don't involve her or fulfilling her goals. His devotion to the sorceress is so intense that he would in most circumstance works as a sort of "proxy" when attempting to summon her. His wish for the Grail is obvious: to summon his lover into the material world.

Despite that, he still is a knight and his manners in the rare times he speak are superficially knightly and gentlemanly, he always remain polite no matter what. He will insist to have a "fair fight" with the opponent, seemingly unaware of or ignoring the fact that Excalibur Morgan makes fights against most opponents unfair by default. This trait combined with his aloofness makes him surprisingly popular with women. However, like he realised in his life, it is merely an act that only serves to cover up his emptiness

Making him remove his helmet and remember all of his life will have a truly devastating effect on him. He won't blame Morgan for tricking him or his king for defeating him. Rather, he will blame himself for all of his foolish attempt to lie to himself about his hollow soul. He will became convinced that even his love for Morgan is just a half-assed effort to fill his life with a purpose, no matter how foolish it is. He will give up all hope of winning the war and will only attack relentlessly his opponent in the hope of someone ending his pitiful life.

Tactics

Saber's personality makes attempts to use complexes strategy extremely difficult. Fortunately, Saber's parameters, skills and Noble Phantasm make him a truly formidable powerhouse able to overcome almost all opponents. It is best to just show him who he need to kill and leave the rest to him. And unlike Berserker servants who use a similar strategy, his mind is intact enough so that he can accurately judge he situation and make rational decision based on what he know. his However, he is weak against female enemies that uses charm effect, as he will be easily affected by them. Furthemore, a fight against his former liege will assuredly end in his defeat, just like in his legend.

I tried the format that everyone seems to be using now. I must admit, it's a nice change. I've tried to make his NP as distinct from other similar characters as possible. Tough I must apologise to RoydGolden for having stolen from his Morgan sheet for the Avalon Morgan description. All in all, I hope he's not too wanked.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 25th, 2016 at 12:37 PM.

I like both Olivier and Accolon but don't have time to write out anything rn. For now, Accolon has some typos and might benefit from some more editing. Also I guess we are just using Adlet's format now? It looks nice so I guess I'll just reformat the Richard sheet before I put it up.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post

The dude seems alright. Parameters are fine though I'd consider putting Luck at E. I like the selection of skills you picked as well.

The NP's are very similar with what we have in canon and there are a few things I'd change myself.
    1. Helmet - Too secret to Secret of Pedigree. You could retool it as an effect of losing free will. Like an 'A' Mad Enhancement where one is basically a mechanical servant though without the benefits, aside from obscuring information about him. Keep the cloud of his thoughts though, I like it.
    2. Scabbard - Needs more flavour. Talk about his change to a True demon more. How he looks, how he acts, any additional abilities aside from regeneration etc.

You've done a lot for a guy without much of a legend though so props for that.

Blog Entries
    Olivier: I can see your take on this guy is quite a bit more powerful then mine in pretty much every way. Not to say it's unreasonable, though. I deliberately chose to portray him as a more average Saber in physical terms, relying mainly on his strategy and wits to triumph, but since he was more-or-less presented as Roland's equal having him be a powerhouse is fair enough, I suppose.

Have to say though, is there any justification to Hauteclaire 'outshining other holy swords'? I couldn't find anything of that nature when doing (admittedly brief) research for my own Olivier sheet. Also, I'm pretty sure in Nasuverse the 'greatest holy sword ever' is uncontestably Excalibur, so for Olivier's barely described sword to stand on a similar level (much less even higher) really does seem like wank, no offense. The actual effect is fine if you can justify it, though.

His second NP is basically ZA WARUDO in sword form. While kind of a stretch, it at least does tie in to his legend and the limitations are enough to keep it from being outright unfair, so I don't have a problem with it. It's a fun idea, and not really any more hax then say, Gae Bolg (which is a near-perfect instant kill technique, despite the fact that it's thwarted nearly every time we see it). Lastly, I LOLed at 'kink-shaming' being listed amongst his Dislikes (which I presume is a reference to Roland canonically being into 'kinky shit' like handcuffs).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Oh no it's happening.
    What, everyone eventually adopting the same style?

...yeah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    What, everyone eventually adopting the same style?

...yeah
    EMBRACE THE COLLECTIVE! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't a uniform layout be a good thing? It's the first step toward making character sheets that look like those in the VN. Or EXTRA, I guess.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Olivier: I can see your take on this guy is quite a bit more powerful then mine in pretty much every way. Not to say it's unreasonable, though. I deliberately chose to portray him as a more average Saber in physical terms, relying mainly on his strategy and wits to triumph, but since he was more-or-less presented as Roland's equal having him be a powerhouse is fair enough, I suppose.

Have to say though, is there any justification to Hauteclaire 'outshining other holy swords'? I couldn't find anything of that nature when doing (admittedly brief) research for my own Olivier sheet. Also, I'm pretty sure in Nasuverse the 'greatest holy sword ever' is uncontestably Excalibur, so for Olivier's barely described sword to stand on a similar level (much less even higher) really does seem like wank, no offense. The actual effect is fine if you can justify it, though.

His second NP is basically ZA WARUDO in sword form. While kind of a stretch, it at least does tie in to his legend and the limitations are enough to keep it from being outright unfair, so I don't have a problem with it. It's a fun idea, and not really any more hax then say, Gae Bolg (which is a near-perfect instant kill technique, despite the fact that it's thwarted nearly every time we see it). Lastly, I LOLed at 'kink-shaming' being listed amongst his Dislikes (which I presume is a reference to Roland canonically being into 'kinky shit' like handcuffs).
    Regarding the 1st effect, Hautclare was continually described in a bunch of beautiful ways so I figured I'd play me hand at making that an actual effect, I'll rework it to a more balanced level. For the second, Gae Bolg was an inspiration for the degree of stretching it and i tied it into true magic more 'Nasu' flavour. I added all the constraints on Oliviers part to balance it out.

Astolfo said that Roland was into that kind of stuff so I figured I'd take an opportunity to make the obvious prod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    EMBRACE THE COLLECTIVE! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!
    Well, they're copying Adlet's layout. Which was based of me.

I am the collective.

- - - Updated - - -

Also with Extella out, I may add a few things to Genghis Khan and Agrippina the Younger.