Page 87 of 103 FirstFirst ... 37778285868788899297 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2049

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    ... in case of Abigail being summoned, why I can already 'hear' laughter coming from her forehead-placed keyhole with an otherwordly voice asking their troll to start making [popcorn] post haste?
    . . . Me, too, now that you mention it.

Crap - now I'm actually seriously considering it; won't that blow the timeline all to hell . . .?

Seriously, though: Abby is one of my weaknesses, as far Servants go - she's just so adorable.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . Me, too, now that you mention it.

Crap - now I'm actually seriously considering it; won't that blow the timeline all to hell . . .?

Seriously, though: Abby is one of my weaknesses, as far Servants go - she's just so adorable.
    What many authors seem to not consider is that, aesthetically anormal as it is, said keyhole is also more-or-less Yog-Sothoth's personal peephole in Reality from whatever out-of-Reality realm it resides in.

Meaning that, you summon Abigail, said Outer God has a front row's seat into seiing what Chaldea does, bot shaeningans and non-shaeningans.

And he could even start to share... so better not talking of the B.B. Summer Event where Moon Cancer acquired a Foreign typing by contacting Nyarlatoteph in front of Abigail.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    What many authors seem to not consider is that, aesthetically anormal as it is, said keyhole is also more-or-less Yog-Sothoth's personal peephole in Reality from whatever out-of-Reality realm it resides in.

Meaning that, you summon Abigail, said Outer God has a front row's seat into seiing what Chaldea does, bot shaeningans and non-shaeningans.
    Which, while concerning, is not necessarily a bad thing; speaking from a literary point of view, my impression of most of the Outer Gods is that they're less "malevolent" than "indifferent" - they pay about as much attention to humanity and the four-dimensional world as we do to ants on the sidewalk we're traversing. More to the point, from what I've observed of Abigail's "outer form," it gets attached to her Master as her Bond Level goes up.

So, as long as Abby is treated well, it's probably OK . . . Though now, I have a vision of "Skullmate Cinema," where Yog-Sothoth (probably in the form of Outer Abby), Andersen, and Galahad view what's going on, with popcorn and commentary.

And he could even start to share... so better not talking of the B.B. Summer Event where Moon Cancer acquired a Foreign typing by contacting Nyarlatoteph in front of Abigail.
    *Blinks* Is that how that happened?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

*Blinks* Is that how that happened?
    I'm going by wikia&trope memory, but more-or-less B.B: made contact with Nyarlatoteph and, because both have trollish tendencies, Nyarl decided 'why not?' and leased some of hir powers to B.B., that got her Summer format and a Foreign typing, even if remained in the Moon Cancer classification. And yes, like everything that relates to the Outer Ones, it causes headaches.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Not that B.B. can't cause several on her own . . .

*Shakes head* In any case, there's a fair bit of thinking to do before I set any of this in stone - especially since I already have the ending to "Trinity" planned, and it's . . . "Conflicting" is a bit of a mild word, really. Which is not to say I don't want to do this one; much like a few of the other prior ideas have really spoken to me, too. But since this one is TYPE-MOON-related, it really ought to be my go-to, no?

*Shrugs* As I said, careful thought required.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Not that B.B. can't cause several on her own . . .

*Shakes head* In any case, there's a fair bit of thinking to do before I set any of this in stone - especially since I already have the ending to "Trinity" planned, and it's . . . "Conflicting" is a bit of a mild word, really. Which is not to say I don't want to do this one; much like a few of the other prior ideas have really spoken to me, too. But since this one is TYPE-MOON-related, it really ought to be my go-to, no?

*Shrugs* As I said, careful thought required.
    You could always finish the 'regular' Trinity and after that start with the 'Scarlet Seven in Grand Order' setting by declaring "This is a spin-off&AU of Trinity Angels, whose point of divergence was at X Event and resulted in this story".

Oh, just a question: what will happen in Chaldea when Jaguarmura-sensei will be summoned?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    You could always finish the 'regular' Trinity and after that start with the 'Scarlet Seven in Grand Order' setting by declaring "This is a spin-off&AU of Trinity Angels, whose point of divergence was at X Event and resulted in this story".
    That's true . . .

Oh, just a question: what will happen in Chaldea when Jaguarmura-sensei will be summoned?
    Chaos, confusion and many headaches of varying size?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Chaos, confusion and many headaches of varying size?
    Or Taigar breaking the Fourth Wall and screaming "SHIROOUUUU! HOW YOU DARED GO INTO THREE DIFFERENT SETTING AND NOT TAKING YOUR OTHER OLDER SISTER WITH YOUUUUU?!?"
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Or Taigar breaking the Fourth Wall and screaming "SHIROOUUUU! HOW YOU DARED GO INTO THREE DIFFERENT SETTING AND NOT TAKING YOUR OTHER OLDER SISTER WITH YOUUUUU?!?"
    Definitely one of the aforementioned headaches - especially if, in the interests of comedy setting rules, Ilya (former ascended Grail spirit), Galen (former even higher-dimensional being) and Hermione (formerly plugged into the aforementioned being's head) are the only ones who can actually understand what she's talking about . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Definitely one of the aforementioned headaches - especially if, in the interests of comedy setting rules, Ilya (former ascended Grail spirit), Galen (former even higher-dimensional being) and Hermione (formerly plugged into the aforementioned being's head) are the only ones who can actually understand what she's talking about . . .
    Or Kaleidostick Ruby when they will have the Prillya Event.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Again, true . . . Actually, Ruby makes a lot of sense for that.

. . . Though really, I'm more finding it more interesting trying to decide what Illya and Chloe (and probably Sitonai)'s reactions to "Ilya Marie Animusphere" will be - or vice versa.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Again, true . . . Actually, Ruby makes a lot of sense for that.

. . . Though really, I'm more finding it more interesting trying to decide what Illya and Chloe (and probably Sitonai)'s reactions to "Ilya Marie Animusphere" will be - or vice versa.
    If this Illya is an adolescent/nearly adult and thus is showing curves?

Envy.

This Illya is with 'Onii-chan'? Even more envy and perhaps a smittering of burning hatred (and Sitonai's two steps from unleashing Berserker, even if she's not a Master anymore).
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Keeping in mind that "berserker" is derived from the word that related to "bear" (in this case, "bear-shirt," specifically), she's not as far off as you think . . .

(Which always made calling it "Shirou" even funnier, to me. )

And as "Miss Animusphere" is (so far as I can tell) 22 - 25? There's no "ifs" about it.

. . . Personally, I think it might be funny if Illya and Sitonai were the "burning hatred" ones, and Chloe was kowtowing and begging "Teach me your ways!"

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Keeping in mind that "berserker" is derived from the word that related to "bear" (in this case, "bear-shirt," specifically), she's not as far off as you think . . .

(Which always made calling it "Shirou" even funnier, to me. )

And as "Miss Animusphere" is (so far as I can tell) 22 - 25? There's no "ifs" about it.

. . . Personally, I think it might be funny if Illya and Sitonai were the "burning hatred" ones, and Chloe was kowtowing and begging "Teach me your ways!"

Oh, speaking of the chochololi, how much will Shirou want to [hurt] Archer/EMIYA when he 1) will see her and 2) learn who is the Heroic Spirit she's using the power (and basing her appearence) off?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Oh, speaking of the chochololi, how much will Shirou want to [hurt] Archer/EMIYA when he 1) will see her and 2) learn who is the Heroic Spirit she's using the power (and basing her appearence) off?
    Depends on if you count Shirou as "Shirou," or as "EMIYA/Archer" (which is who he used to be). Personally, I think Ilya will be a bit more irked at Chloe's appearance - either that, or teach Chloe to call him "Daddy."

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Depends on if you count Shirou as "Shirou," or as "EMIYA/Archer" (which is who he used to be). Personally, I think Ilya will be a bit more irked at Chloe's appearance - either that, or teach Chloe to call him "Daddy."
    Cue BSOD for Caster!Illya. Quickly, someone need to inform Miyu that her Illya need WAFF maintenance... or seeing her in a maid uniform, same thing.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Cue BSOD for Caster!Illya. Quickly, someone need to inform Miyu that her Illya need WAFF maintenance... or seeing her in a maid uniform, same thing.
    And that will bring on Galen's BSOD . . . Either that, or he'll squee.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Trinity: The Origin

Ministry of Magic, Minister’s Office
    London, England
    April 26, 2001

“All right, Kingsley,” Tonks demanded, “what the hell are the Unspeakables doing this time?”

The dark-skinned wizard stared at his ex-trainee calmly before replying, “Nymphadora, suppose that you pretend that I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about, and try again?”

The Metamorphmagus reddened, literally, but bit her tongue rather than respond to her hated first name. Instead, she took a breath, and began reciting facts as though giving a debriefing—as he’d taught her to do, more than five years ago.

“Half an hour ago,” she began, “the magic-detecting sensors went off, indicating a major incident in Ireland. As per procedure, the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad was dispatched—and upon returning, reported a false alarm. Given the intensity of the event, the squad members were examined, and showed signs of memory tampering.

“Once that had been determined, they kicked the problem over to my department,” she said, “and I sent in a full squad with orders to ‘shoot first and we’ll let the autopsies answer our questions.’”

Kingsley nodded. It was, admittedly, a fairly brutal strategy—but having survived what was now being called “The Second Blood War,” neither of them were inclined to take chances on another Dark Lord rising. And to their good fortune, neither were the surviving members of the Wizengamot. As such, when Dark magic was suspected, the usual rules of engagement that Aurors and Hit-Wizards operated under were more open-ended than normal.

Neither of them believed that it would last—and in an ideal world, it shouldn’t. Still, the country was already settling to the point that those laws would soon seem too harsh, too brutal. A tightening of their restrictions on the use of force was, Kingsley suspected, coming within the next five years, at best; but for now, in situations like this, they’d use the advantage while they had it.

“The slowest one of the team was the only one to return,” Tonks said grimly. “He said that the rest up and vanished before he’d managed to crest the hill—and he might have caught a glimpse of a shimmer, maybe. After that, he kept back, but managed to cast some forensic spells from a distance—and lucky for us, he was a NEWT-level Charms and Arithmancy student. He recognised enough of the work to be reminded of what Hogwarts teaches seventh-years about Time-Turners—before he caught a glimpse of a shimmer heading his way, and Disapparated back here.”

Tonks fixed him with a look. “So, given that we’re dealing with high-level time-manipulating magic, and people who are actually capable of taking down a trained Auror team without being reliably seen, I repeat: what the hell are the Unspeakables doing now?

“ . . . I don’t know,” Shacklebolt replied, his naturally deep voice granting him extra gravitas. “But I certainly intend to find out.”

Ninety minutes later

“You took your time, Croaker,” Kingsley said, annoyed.

“Unfortunately, my schedule is not always easily managed,” the head of the Department of Mysteries replied simply, adding, “Particularly when I’m caught in the midst of delicate calculations regarding potentially volatile experiments.”

“And would one of those involve a Time-Turner in Ireland?” the Minister asked bluntly.

The older wizard frowned. “Not to my knowledge.”

Kingsley raised an eyebrow. “And Galen Salvatore is where . . .?

Croaker’s frown became a full-fledged scowl. “I’m torn between appreciating your intelligence, Minister—an appalling rare quality in a politician, in my experience—and profoundly regretting the day I decided to share that record with you . . . Regardless,” he insisted, “Mister Salvatore’s whereabouts are presently accounted for—as are all the Department’s Time-Turners.”

Now it was Kingsley’s turn to scowl. “So what in Merlin’s name is going on in Ireland?”

“I don’t know, at present,” the older wizard admitted. “However, if you’ll sign this authorisation form, I will immediately dispatch a team to investigate.” He handed over a piece of parchment.

Kingsley scanned it, and saw the standard order. While it was curious that Croaker had brought one with him, there was nothing out of the ordinary about the form itself. That being the case, he signed it.

“. . . Now, I hesitate to ask,” the Minister said, “but I have an angry DMLE Head on my case, so I must—when might we expect results?”

“Hm,” Croaker replied, a wintry smile upon his face. “Within the next few moments, I imagine.”

Shacklebolt blinked. “. . . How?”

“Because approximately now equates to two turns,” the elder wizard replied, adding slyly. “I did tell you that the calculations were delicate.”

“. . . You’ve used Time-Turners to dispatch a team already,” Kingsley replied, suddenly understanding. “Which o—oh, no. You sent them, didn’t you?”

“And I do believe that appreciation of your intelligence has won out,” Croaker said serenely. “I knew there was a reason I liked you.”

Somewhere outside of Dublin, Ireland
    The same time

When dealing with enemies you could barely see, at best, your own stealth was vital.

Which, to the best of their knowledge, meant Galen in Animagus form under the Deathcloak; because in that form, the Cloak of True Invisibility melded into a skin (well, fur)-tight layer against his body. Between that, his enhanced senses and the predatory instincts of a dire wolf, he was as close to undetectable as it was possible to be.

In this case, however, it did not make the task any easier—because there needed to be something to detect in the first place. Animal senses, however keen, weren’t picking up anything beyond a general sense of unease and aversion. Something was wrong, but the dire wolf’s brain wasn’t sophisticated enough to process what; even with the magic that allowed his own mind to control the animal form had limits.

Cautiously, he resumed human form, and plucked an item from a pouch. These were less obvious than spell-casting, if less useful, but given that Luna had not only invited herself along for this trip, but insisted they all have a pair . . .

The little blonde witch’s reasoning wasn’t always easily understandable, if it was understandable at all—but there always was one.

And after lowering the Spectrespecs on his brow, this reason became almost immediately apparent.

“. . . Freaking fairies?!” he muttered in a near-whisper. “The others are never going to believe this . . .”

And fairies kitted out like a SWAT team, no less!

Looking at the situation, however, it sparked a memory—something about a bunch of fairies and a centaur . . .

Realisation struck, abruptly.

“Oh, crap—they’re really not going to believe this.”

He Disapparated back to the team.

“Odd,” the boy at the screens remarked, frowning.

There was no other sign—no heat trace, nothing that even the cine-cameras, with their 2000 frames per second rate, could see—but the manor’s motion sensors insisted that something had been prowling around out there.

That was worrying. They’d managed to hold off the fairies’ assault thus far primarily by being prepared for their tricks. However, he could recall nothing in The Book about a truly invisible creature; neither did it mention an alternative form of their “shielding”—which the cine-cameras had already proven capable of defeating. If, however, the fairies had something of that sort that had somehow escaped mention in their “bible” . . .

Worrying, indeed.

Nevertheless, he would find a way around even this new obstacle, if obstacle it truly was, and not merely some fault in the sensors. It was possible that it was simply paranoia speaking, but given what was at stake, he considered it merely sensible caution. After all, he had to succeed in this.

And he was quite certain that he would—he was Artemis Fowl the Second, after all.

Writer's Notes: I've been re-reading an old favourite series since a certain trailer was released - the possibilities . . .

. . . And, having seen "Aquaman" the other night, I'm considering adding a new song to the Trinity "soundtrack." I'd like your honest opinion - does this sound like something Takara might sing to Galen, once she was sure of her own feelings?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    ...Kieran, you bastard! You did it again!

...please note, that's actually a reference to an interview Nasu had been a part of along side Takeuchi (did I spell that right?) and the Urubutcher, only it was more along the lines of the last one coming up with a possible scenario for Saber Lily... with predictable results:

Nasu: "Gen, you bastard! You did it again!"

I have nothing but love for the idea, actually, though I had to come up with something akin to a joke before I actually said that. Also, thank you for the Christmas gift, Kieran.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    ...Kieran, you bastard! You did it again!

...please note, that's actually a reference to an interview Nasu had been a part of along side Takeuchi (did I spell that right?) and the Urubutcher, only it was more along the lines of the last one coming up with a possible scenario for Saber Lily... with predictable results:

Nasu: "Gen, you bastard! You did it again!"
    Ah. In that case, thank you.

I have nothing but love for the idea, actually, though I had to come up with something akin to a joke before I actually said that.
    I think it would be interesting - a hidden magical society dealing with another hidden magical society, both of whom would very much like to stay hidden from one another, whilst the mundane one is a potential threat to both. (Also, as the subtitle hints, there's a possibility in there . . .)

Even leaving that aside, though, there's the question of what to do - memories of the book indicate that things will work out well enough now, the body count and potential threats increase considerably several years down the line. Therefore, it might be advantageous to get involved - but none of the key players are now the people they'll become later, which makes interfering a tricky, and outright dangerous proposition . . .

Also, thank you for the Christmas gift, Kieran.
    You're very welcome - sadly, the latest actual chapter is only 30% complete, or I'd have given you that, instead.

Happy holidays, everybody.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette