Page 452 of 568 FirstFirst ... 352402442447450451452453454457462502552 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I've generally liked Miura's fight scenes a lot. Archer vs Lancer were great, both times (even if Archer's face got consistently worse as the show went on), Saber vs Lancer was great, Saber vs Berserker was great (even if the dubstep wasn't), Gil vs Berserker was great, and Saber Alter vs Berserker was amazing.
    The only one I didn't like was the Lancer vs Assassin chase (I liked the conclusion, though). My biggest gripe hitherto in regards to Miura's fights is that they're too damn short. Archer vs Lancer, Saber vs Lancer, Gil vs Berserker, all ended as soon as they got going. This is one of the reasons I really enjoyed the Saber Alter vs Berserker fight, because it just kept going.

Answer was the second half of Archer vs Shirou, right? With the giant swords? I thought that was fine, but I honestly don't remember how the VN goes, so meh. I thought the episode prior to that was fantastic, so I wouldn't say Miura is completely incompetent outside of action scenes.
    Tl;dr yet another post about why I'm glad Miura is not the one calling the shots for HF.

• 1st Archer/Lancer fight was, blinding red+blue laser light show aside, fine until it was no longer a fight to watch but kept insisting that a fight was going on.
    • 2nd Archer/Lancer fight didn't overstay its welcome, but did make it seem that Archer was way more prepared for Gae Bolg than he should have been.
    • Saber/Lancer was good even with the weird time reversal thing since it didn't last long and bog the episode down with the fight.
    • Saber/Berserker was a travesty to watch
      • Saber ball
      • failure to properly show how Saber was using the terrain to her advantage against Berserker
      • general appearance that Saber wasn't struggling whatsoever against Berserker (don't care what Tobias likes to say about referencing the VN on how Saber would have won the fight; there's a difference between the VN saying that Herk is a damn juggernaut and Saber practically yawning from how bored she is from trouncing him)

• Gil/Berserker was pretty good, to the point I don't mind some things being out of order.
    • Answer largely missed the whole point of the scene, even ignoring the jarring random monologues that got thrown in-between the fight. The VN's description makes it sound like a Rocky fight for the most part, which would have been more interesting to watch than Shirou somehow managing Servant-level feats against Archer who is supposed to be nearly depleted of mana. The best I can say for UBW Answer scene is that the changing of UBW's background at least showed the mental change in Archer from watching Shirou.
    Last edited by Trubo; April 13th, 2019 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    The fact that this is apparently only being reported by what is basically a tabloid and no other sources gives me hope that this is just some kind of smear campaign and we're all just a bunch of dumb Westerners for falling for it.
    Let's hope. I dont understand why either, but they have gotten popular recently, so it might get people to buy.

They said Demon hunter stopped work right? If the series doesnt stop suddenly wont we know whether or not they are lying?
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; April 13th, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    to be exact, the article said "dont know whether or not kimetsu no yaiba will continue"
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I think something indeed happened, but lack of actual lack of info lets Shukan Bunshun say what they want.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Man, I dunno.

Even as much as the source is dubious, this is one hell of a thing to claim without any sources or proof. "This company is not paying the government what is due AND they are also misappropriating charity funds that were meant for earthquake victims" is not something you can publish and not expect to be hit with a defamation lawsuit. And yeah, the way libel laws works in Japan means that UFOtable could win (since this damages their reputation in such a massive way) and Shukan Bunshun themselves might have concluded it was all worth losing in court if they could publish a story as juicy as this.

But even then, the claims being made are not small time crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Really weird to target a random anime studio though. Personal grudge or something?
    I don't think that a tabloid would risk being libelous for the sake of a personal grudge. The story probably has elements of the truth in it, but they might be exaggerating some of the details or hidding additional information.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This Ufotable situation is giving me anxiety. It would suck hard for HF to be left with just two movies but they wouldn't let a cash cow like Heaven's Feel die off like that, right?

Honestly screw all the spin-off adaptations that are coming out this year, HF III must happen and should be the priority for TM, nasu please

Kimetsu no Yaiba just released its second episode, animation is great, everything reeks of high quality so this either-true-or-maybe-not situation is not affecting that anime ATM.
    Last edited by Levani; April 13th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

Don't worry, HFIII is going to happen one way or another. Aniplex will make that sure.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Isn't the third movie already in production?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I know there have been plenty of cases where a movie or game was shut down mid-production (in some cases, when it was basically finished), but I imagine it would be easier to save it even if the worst happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Tl;dr yet another post about why I'm glad Miura is not the one calling the shots for HF.
    Lots of good points there. Personally, I'd also add Shirou failing to completely defeat Gilgamesh. (In the VN, while UBW is blown away before he manages to deal the final strike, there's absolutely no moment in the narration where it seems Gilgamesh will manage to recover in time; in the anime, Gilgamesh loses the moral battle, but is still able to turn the tables on Shirou.)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eh, the VN and anime were both clear that Shirou's only chance of beating Gilgamesh was while UBW was deployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

On the contrary! Check out the events here: https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20232/.

- Gilgamesh starts to run away.
    - Shirou runs after him.
    - Gilgamesh realises he can't escape and tries to pull out another Noble Phantasm.
    - However, Shirou is faster and is about to slash him with Kanshou and Bakuya.
    - UBW is washed away by the magical energy coming from the lake, but - importantly - "[t]he match is settled", Shirou can still beat Gilgamesh by "slashing with [the] twin swords". The only reason he doesn't is because the void immediately appears in Gilgamesh's stump to try and absorb him.

It's more than just the sequence of events, the tone of the scene was changed on a profound level. It goes from Gilgamesh being completely humiliated to Shirou falling on his knees while Gilgamesh regains his composure, praises Shirou in a dignified manner, and prepares to kill him, and is only stopped by the void appearing. In other words, it's a complete reversal of the original scene.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    yes, in the anime shirou failed to deliver the finishing blow then the UBW collapse. The black hole should be show up before the UBW collapse, but in anime it show up after the ubw collapse and after they stand doing nothing for a few sec. Damn that last battle with gil still make me tense in the novel even without the music or voice actor
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah UBW being dematerialized was changed from the VN (blown away by black void) to the anime (running out of rin's maryoku)

but i would argue that the tone doesnt really change much here; gil still got #humiliated inside UBW, and UBW still got blown away abruptly through external factor.
    the only tone that really changes is that there is time enough for gil to give his approval
    this is actually one of the change in UBW that i actually nod to
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

More than just that, I'd say. His situation goes from "about to be defeated, UBW or not" to "about to kill Shirou".

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    On the contrary! Check out the events here: https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20232/.

- Gilgamesh starts to run away.
    - Shirou runs after him.
    - Gilgamesh realises he can't escape and tries to pull out another Noble Phantasm.
    - However, Shirou is faster and is about to slash him with Kanshou and Bakuya.
    - UBW is washed away by the magical energy coming from the lake, but - importantly - "[t]he match is settled", Shirou can still beat Gilgamesh by "slashing with [the] twin swords". The only reason he doesn't is because the void immediately appears in Gilgamesh's stump to try and absorb him.

It's more than just the sequence of events, the tone of the scene was changed on a profound level. It goes from Gilgamesh being completely humiliated to Shirou falling on his knees while Gilgamesh regains his composure, praises Shirou in a dignified manner, and prepares to kill him, and is only stopped by the void appearing. In other words, it's a complete reversal of the original scene.
    *Cue "I can't believe DEEN got this scene right!" quotes*
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think it's worth mentioning that when the original scene was written Gil just wasn't as OP as he is now. He got buffed over the years and the shit he can pull from GoB keeps expanding to this day. This adaptation came out like what, ten years later after the VN? It would be kinda stupid to have Gil lose that pathetically. It would make no sense for Shirou to dominate him even in UBW if Gil got serious. UBW anime did a fantastic scene when Gil did get serious at the last second while pulling EA but it was split second too late. His arrogance and the reason he got humiliated by Shirou was done brilliantly IMO. But for Gil to really lose he needs an asspull like that black hole from the Grail, or Sakura-chan subete o tabete shimaimashou awaremi o kudasai.
    Last edited by Levani; April 14th, 2019 at 04:50 AM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Secondary even wondering why Gil didn't use his plane.
    Or why he didn't use Enuma Elish on sakura right when they met. His fans doesn't even understand him lol, it's so ooc on him

But whatever that make him win right, to please his fans?
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; April 14th, 2019 at 05:14 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Gil didn't use anything besides weapons could be explained by him wanting to prove that his originals are better than Shirou's fakes.

As for why he didn't nuked or Ea'd Sakura - he may needed her body as a Grail vessel. So he wanted it partialy intact. And he didn't expected this level of regeneration from her.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It can be seen from Gil's surprise before he was eaten
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Revisiting Gil in FSN is awkward because he’s been later wanked so much both character wise and power wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    UBW anime did a fantastic scene when Gil did get serious at the last second while pulling EA but it was split second too late.
    I agree that the way he hesitated when pulling out Ea was a fantastic touch. Such a great detail.