Page 453 of 568 FirstFirst ... 353403443448451452453454455458463503553 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    He hasn't been wanked, it's just that Nasu's later works gave him the character he should've had in the first place and went "lol when I said he has everything in that vault, I did actually mean everything".

If anything, his wank's been downplayed and he's been more fleshed out. EX NPs all over the place making Ea a whole lot less special, dudes no-selling his GoB all over the place, the Chains of Heaven being broken more than once, he's mellowed out enough that he's got a Hakunongrel he's vaguely fond of, and so on and so forth.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    He hasn't been wanked, it's just that Nasu's later works gave him the character he should've had in the first place and went "lol when I said he has everything in that vault, I did actually mean everything".

If anything, his wank's been downplayed and he's been more fleshed out. EX NPs all over the place making Ea a whole lot less special, dudes no-selling his GoB all over the place, the Chains of Heaven being broken more than once, he's mellowed out enough that he's got a Hakunongrel he's vaguely fond of, and so on and so forth.
    He can be featured in an episode of Hoarders with that kind of treasury.

I can really see Gil dealing with a therapist.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Same shady source as last time though.

This whole story is so weird.
    Is this tabloid magazine known for fake news stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Same shady source as last time though.

This whole story is so weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    On the contrary! Check out the events here: https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20232/.

- Gilgamesh starts to run away.
    - Shirou runs after him.
    - Gilgamesh realises he can't escape and tries to pull out another Noble Phantasm.
    - However, Shirou is faster and is about to slash him with Kanshou and Bakuya.
    - UBW is washed away by the magical energy coming from the lake, but - importantly - "[t]he match is settled", Shirou can still beat Gilgamesh by "slashing with [the] twin swords". The only reason he doesn't is because the void immediately appears in Gilgamesh's stump to try and absorb him.

It's more than just the sequence of events, the tone of the scene was changed on a profound level. It goes from Gilgamesh being completely humiliated to Shirou falling on his knees while Gilgamesh regains his composure, praises Shirou in a dignified manner, and prepares to kill him, and is only stopped by the void appearing. In other words, it's a complete reversal of the original scene.
    What was the point of changing the scene I wonder? Because the scene in the VN worked a lot better than this thing ufotable UBW came up with.
    Last edited by warellis; April 14th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Just take a look for Shukan (or Weekly) Bunshun.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    What was the point of changing the scene I wonder?
    My guess is that it was an easy way to make Gilgamesh look good and artificially heighten the tension of the scene.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

What was the point of changing the scene I wonder? Because the scene in the VN worked a lot better than this thing ufotable UBW came up with.
    The same reason when they change Berserker vs saber when saber should be a baseball that can barely stop his blows. They really downplay Herc's strenght just to make saber look good. Saber Alter showing her unlimited mana is great but Herc should be able to make her cough up blood at least
    They change Gil vs shirou probably to just make Gil looks good, or make shirou looks good
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Daily reminder that the vn itself specifies saber was winning the graveyard fight and any thoughts to the contrary are speculative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    At the very least, she was doing admirably well holding Herakles off. Where the anime messed up, I think, is the silliness of "Saber ball" apparently not harming her in any way (in addition to "Saber ball" being silly in and of itself). Oh, and I agree with Trubo that it didn't really show Saber using the terrain to her advantage.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Before the graveyard fight, she barely fend of Herc. In anime she exchange blow with only little trouble.
    Oh yeah, she smash Herc in the midair too in thr graveyard, what is that mean if not make saber looks good after having a pathetic performance in first half of fate zero and in the last fights even if King Arthur should be a powerhouse?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    I’m actually fairly confident it was portrayed thusly to put to bed any fanon that saber was not actually hurting berserker in the graveyard.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Kimetsu no Yaiba just released its second episode, animation is great, everything reeks of high quality
    Would a movie being made effect the quality of tv shows being made by the same studio in the first place?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Depend on the studio

- - - Updated - - -

If they only have one series per season then they probably can maintain it
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Would a movie being made effect the quality of tv shows being made by the same studio in the first place?
    More simultaneous projects = resources and workforce spread thinner.

shoutouts to JC Staff

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Daily reminder that the vn itself specifies saber was winning the graveyard fight and any thoughts to the contrary are speculative.
    Daily reminder that Saber winning the fight is not equivalent to Saber being shown as having absolutely no difficulty in thrashing Herk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I don't agree with most criticisms of UfoBW, but a dinky-ass pebble accomplishing more than Herk will forever piss me off.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Who dinky ass
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Daily reminder that Saber winning the fight is not equivalent to Saber being shown as having absolutely no difficulty in thrashing Herk.
    That’s...not really what happened though? They fought in the streets, saber was somewhat overwhelmed (breakdance fighting for great justice) moved to the graveyard wherein everyone present understood Heracles was getting beat down, which is what happened in the anime.

i don’t agree with saber stopping to chat since I think it would have been cooler to show her slowly beating him down to set up the final kill like in the VN, but other then that it more or less tracks with the actual text of the VN

Blog Entries
    UBW fights
    Lancer Archer rematch fight is 11/10 and is probably the only fate anime scene to put me back into vn 100%, words cant describe how much i love it

GIlgamesh character's changed so much that making him as psychotic as VN would be crazy for anyone who havent played VN (which is less than 20% of fgo audience, which means probably even less for general anime audience, so basically for everyone)
    blame nasu for that one
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; April 15th, 2019 at 12:49 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That’s...not really what happened though? They fought in the streets, saber was somewhat overwhelmed (breakdance fighting for great justice) moved to the graveyard wherein everyone present understood Heracles was getting beat down, which is what happened in the anime.
    Hrm...

Hrmmmmmmmmmmm

Saber effectively disarmed Herk with what appears to be not much difficulty at all (shown to be holding her own against Herk quite well with the occasional attack that pushes her back that Herk, for whatever reason, doesn't attempt to press), Herk breakdances to get his rocksword back, then punts her toward the graveyard. There's not a single moment in that fight where Saber ever appears to be under duress of any sort.

i don’t agree with saber stopping to chat since I think it would have been cooler to show her slowly beating him down to set up the final kill like in the VN, but other then that it more or less tracks with the actual text of the VN
    haha

VS Berserker/Choice
    Rin: ...Berserker.

Tohsaka mumbles a word I'm not accustomed to hearing. Even though I don't know what she means, I can feel the giant's dreadfulness all too well. That thing is not human. Then...it is one of the beings called "Servants", just like Saber.

Illya: Good evening, Onii-chan. It's the second time we've met like this.

The girl smiles as she says this. That innocence sends a chill down my spine. That girl looks so out of place next to the thing behind her, it feels like I am dreaming. No, chill is an understatement. Not just my body, but my mind is frozen as well. That thing is a monster. I'm not even staring at it, but its mere presence roots me to the spot.

Rin: I'm surprised. He surpasses Saber in raw power!

Tohsaka glares at the monster above her, clicking her tongue. In her, I see despair, and the spirit not to lose to it.

[skip the part where Archer disappears to go be a sniper that does pretty much nothing, as at least that part was done right, though they did waste time with Herk actually bothering to defend against them instead of going for Rin/Saber/Shirou]

Saber: Shirou, stay back!

The two swords clash. The giant sword of Berserker, who came down through a rain of "arrows", and the sword of Saber, who ran to his landing spot. The two blades spark on contact!

Saber: Fuh..! [in the sense that she's actually struggling to block, anime muted this to almost nothing]

Even though she is overpowered by Berserker's attack, Saber does not yield. Silver lights run through the darkness. How much magical energy is in that small body of hers? Even though Saber is obviously weaker, she is proving to be a match against Berserker. She blocks, parries, and faces the assault of that giant sword head-on.

[Archer tries attacking again]

The silver light strikes the giant right in his temple. The arrow that came flying through the air is as powerful as a tank shell. No matter what this giant may be, he has to take some damage from that.

Someone (not about to replay the scene just to hear who's talking here because headphones decided to drop out for some reason): Got him!

Saber slashes with her invisible sword right after the shot connects. But her attack is countered by a huge blow, and Saber is flung away.

Saber: Guh!

Saber slides across the asphalt. A black whirlwind runs in pursuit, and silver lights come flashing down to intercept him! But they have no effect. The three arrows hit the giant square in his forehead, but simply disappear. The giant does not stop. Saber blocks the giant blade with her own.

[insert CG briefly shown of a blood splash along with a blow]

Shirou: Saber!

My scream is meaningless. As Saber blocks Berserker's sword head-on, she is flung away like a ball, and she falls to the ground.

Saber: ...

Is she dizzy? Saber has her knees on the ground and does not move.

Illya: ...This is it. Smash her, Berserker.

The girl's voice echoes. The black giant charges at Saber with brutal speed.

Rin: Keep firing, Archer!

Tohsaka starts running as she screams. She must intend to help Saber. She runs up the hill while taking out something that looks like a rock.

Rin: [unintelligble "German"]

Tohsaka scatters obsidian jewels in the sky, and numerous silver lights come flying from the heavens. Even with that, Berserker's charge does not stop.

Shirou: What a...

Monster. I finally understand how absurd he is. That giant isn't just "strong". He must be protected by some "law" of immortality created from abnormal amounts of magical energy.

Illya: Good, ignore the annoying ones. Archer and Rin shouldn't be able to get past your Noble Phantasm.

The giant's sword is swung, and Saber bravely blocks it with her sword and is flung away once more. She flies dozens of meters. Saber flies through the air like a pitcher's fastball and plows into the open terrain off the road.

She must be dead. Once is bad enough. But she can't be okay after receiving such a blow twice. The black whirlwind moves. The match is already decided, but he's not done yet. The giant called Berserker roars and charges onto the open land.

She'll die. Even if Saber's still alive, she'll surely die now. And, as long as I'm here, I'm sure I'll die as well.

[Flashback dub of Rin]: If you can, try to run away.

The one who said that isn't here. Tohsaka went after Berserker. She must intend to keep fight against this monster is unscathed by all those attacks (oh hey, look, the VN explicitly says that Herk hasn't been wounded yet unless that's a fault with the translation even after the Realta Nua pass-through)

I...

Yeah, there's no defense of the anime here. At no point did anything shown of their fight paint Saber in a desperate situation, and saying otherwise while clinging to the whole "but Saber would have won anyway" completely downplays Herk as the huge threat the VN went to great effort to paint as.

To link this back to the Heaven's Feel Part 2: Lost Butterfly: the UBW anime Saber/Herk fight makes the HF one look ridicuous in hindsight because Saber is shown as going through far more effort and time to beat Herk in the movie. Surely she still has the terrain to her advantage, in addition to no longer being gimped by effectively no mana from Shirou, so why is it that much more troublesome to beat Herk after Saber was consumed by Sakura?
    Last edited by Trubo; April 15th, 2019 at 02:45 AM.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This has probably been mentioned a few many times to the locals, but still...

Am i the only who's feeling somewhat shocked over the fact that the main female character is actually mentioning that her virginity is no more, with a seriously concerned face? That whole "i'm not longer a shoujo" (you will fear my elite jap skills) line of conversation...

Also, i recall that back when i was playing F/SN, one of the things that i mostly appreciated about the heaven's feel route was that finally one of the girls wasn't looking like as though she was getting raped during the erotic scenes. I couldn't truly read them, i can't say i was interested in the erotic side of those visual novels, but still it felt somewhat enjoyable to see a girl actually enjoying sex in the game... The way Tohsaka and Saber behaved during those scenes were a true turn off.

Once that's said, is this something of a hint of how backwards japanese culture is? I mean, given the amount of erotic material produced in that country (which is shocking by itself), it would make sense that they are that backward...

Could someone give me an overview of the way the japanese view female virginity and overall sexual activity?