Page 178 of 782 FirstFirst ... 78128168173176177178179180183188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, all Shikis we know are able to comprehend Servants.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Physically able to, or actually currently able to?

(Oh God I knew I shouldn't have responded)

Although Satsujinki's Eyes are much more-

(Why am I still doing this)
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 17th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's fine, the discussion was resolved already.
    All of them can see lines on them.

Basically, "Shiki can't kill Servants" is fanon from a looooooong time ago, and due to its memetic status never really got disputed, but thanks to Mahoyo and the Fes. Q&A the issue was resolved completely.

Blog Entries
    If you want me to try and make there be a difference between the Kara and the Tsuki Shikis, I will.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    If you want me to try and make there be a difference between the Kara and the Tsuki Shikis, I will.
    Tsuki Shiki is better because of wang, and most of the Type Moon fans are faggots.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Tsuki Shiki is better because of wang, and most of the Type Moon fans are faggots.
    Edging a bit further into 4chan-land than normal?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Edging a bit further into 4chan-land than normal?
    Lol Seika.

You never left 4chan. You are actually reading posts by the same people with different handles.

The whole Type Moon community consists of 20 people.
    Last edited by food; November 17th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    You never left 4chan.
    I meant you specifically. And I never went there, so how could I have not left?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I meant you specifically. And I never went there, so how could I have not left?
    Because you are in a subforum of 4chan right now.

夜属 Nightkin
    even for the slowest of servants I would be quite surprised if shiki could keep up with them

Blog Entries
    Because you are in a subforum of 4chan right now.
    sage

Blog Entries
    下げ

Blog Entries
    Think you're soooo cool because you can moonrune.

My Longinus is finally done.

Longinus

The Roman legionnaire who pierced Jesus's side with his spear. A mysterious man, sent to the Iudaean Province to quell the Zealot uprisings. He was beginning to go blind, but concealed this fact. When Jesus's blood hit his eyes, he regained his sight but couldn't tell anyone. He continued to live out his life and serve Rome, but, somehow, followers of Jesus he was assigned to capture always managed to escape.

Class:
    Lancer

Alignment:

Lawful Neutral

Statistics

Strength C
    Endurance C
    Agility D
    Luck E
    Magical Energy A (Strangely high. Apparently, he was a natural prodigy with a higher number of circuits than Ciel. However, he never came into contact with Magecraft. (he was Jesus, and Jesus has high magic. Magic circuits, unlike the other stats, are Ed on the soul.)
    Noble Phantasm EX

Class Skills

Magic Resistance
    Protection against effects of Magecraft. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Prana by cycling Od, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

D: Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance is at the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills

Clairvoyance
    Eyesight beyond normal means.

C: At this rank, it is capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 4kms. This Servant's eyes were said to be healed by divine blood, and as such, gained perfect function. Strangely high for its source legend.

Saint

Signifies acknowledgement as a Saint. Effects may vary depending on the Servant summoned.

In this instance, the skill increases the damage this Servant does to any Servants with the specific Divine attribute (Christian) that this Servant follows.

Vitrification
    A serene state of mind. A mental protection that nullifies mental interference.

A- : This Servant is always calm and serene. However, in the case of him hearing any sort of insult to IslaJudeoChristianity, this skill loses its effects. The Servant will speak of the debt he owes Christ for saving him and healing his sight. Was the calm state of mind gained through a hardened heart and many days of executions, or is it a glimpse of something else?

Noble Phantasm

Lancea Longini:
    EX: The spear said to have pierced the side of Jesus Christ. It became a Conceptual Arnament. It carries the concept of natural lifespan, allowing it to impose the idea of a limited time of existence upon immortal beings. Its power also grows with the target's connection to a Planet, and thus, amount of Grain. A True Ancestor would take very high damage from this weapon, as would a Dead Apostle, due to their links to celestial bodies. It is unknown which of these two attributes caused the other due to legends, if legends caused either of them. However, against humans, it is "only" a sharp, Noble Phantasm-level spear. A sliver of the head of the spear was in the hands of the Church, and the rest appears to have made its way to ATLAS, where it was used to form a gun. This gun carries both of its properties at a weaker level, and at least one replica, although it is even further downgraded, is confirmed to exist.

(the whole summoning glitch/Anti-TYPE or Anti-Grain Properties thing is supposed to imply that the Magus did summon Jesus, but, because Jesus has divinity/hax/not quite human (Gaia's late attempt at creating a TYPE-EARTH), his mind ended up in the body of the other servant who could have been summoned but was a wraith, Longinus.

1. Magus uses catalyst. Catalyst has links to multiple Servants (for instance, if you used the sun as as a catalyst, you could get Phaeton, Karna, etc with a lower chance of drawing Cuchulainn because of his lower association with the sun. If you used Durandal as a catalyst, you could summon Hector or Roland but you'd probably get Roland because the sword is more crucial to his legend, even though it may have originally been Hector's. If you use, say, Harpe to summon a Servant, you'll draw Perseus for sure, because, even though Gil owned it first, it isn't explicitly a part of his legend (unless in Nasuland Gil used Harpe to kill the Humbaba or something.).

This catalyst is rust from the tip of Longinus's spearhead that pierced Jesus's side. The rust has very high affinity for Jesus, since it bears traces of his blood. If the magus had happened to use a sliver of the spearhead, he would have drawn Longinus for sure; blood of a hero makes it nearly assured that you will draw that hero, and Jesus, not being a proper Heroic Spirit, can't really be drawn by a weak or normal pull.

2. The Grail has a problem. It is being given very strong orders to summon Jesus, who isn't in the Throne, as well as weak orders to summon Longinus, although Longinus is a Wraith. It does have the ability to create Wraiths with a similar life, but blood is a very strong message and it attempts to summon Jesus from wherever he is stored (Throne of TYPEs?). It doesn't have the ability to copy Jesus, so it uses the Third to keep him around. Jesus is pulled along, but, being Jesus, manages to pour himself into Longinus to conceal his identity. The Grail allows this because Jesus has crazy amounts of belief, can do anything, and, if Jesus is Longinus, then it can get away with satisfying both imperatives (also Angra Mainyu wants him out of there.). Meanwhile, the magus is wondering why his Servant is taking so long to summon.

3. Jesus arrives in Longinus's body, and conceals his true Divine identity from the magus.

Yes, I realize this whole crazy chain is ridiculous, but this is type-moon, where needless complexity is absolutely nessecary.

- - - Updated - - -

Rerail this thread.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 17th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Is dis some badass vs threadz
    Good point. I apologize for cluttering up the thread. Me and BlackField have taken it to PMs (though I will answer Seika's post since itbrings up a point I have failed to convey; if Seika wants to continue, we can just go on to PMs).

OK, you have this biased scenario and all, but what's the point in it? If you're giving Archer the advantage immediately, what does it prove?

Stance plus invocation. Whilst he's fighting a ridiculously fast warrior who can keep up with Saber under Kiritsugu and who would beat Lancer as it stands. And Archer has middling track records in a straight fight against each: a moment of hesitation vs. Shirō Saber with a hole in her chest means he nearly got cut in half, and against Lancer it resulted in him having to use K&B because he's experienced in fighting and tracing with them, instead of arsing around with Gáe Bolg which he evidently doesn't use so much.

Again, see the point about Kanshō and Bakuya: Archer falls back on them in melee because they're quick to project and he's built up a fighting style with them. He can't afford to pull everything else out, because that actually puts him at a disadvantage.

Which is nice, but what does that do for him? Not like Diarmuid has a dragon aspect for him to try to exploit or something.
    Yes, the scenario is advantageous to Archer. That's the point. When we first see Diarmuid he's practically standing out in the open flaring his prana as a challenge to any and all comers. Archer literally gets to decide the pace of the battle from the very beginning, because he knows where his enemy is, and once he looks at his opponent with his reinforced eyes he'll know who his opponent is (and knowing who your opponent is and what his weapons can do is a hell of an advantage right off the bat).

And am I the only one who remembers Archer can emulate the skills of his weapons' original wielders? If Shirou can pull off a bastardized Nine Lives with just Archer's arm, even as it melts his brain, methinks he'd be better off using other weapons wielded by really skilled guys instead of the two swords that have no history of wielders behind them.

Not how it works. If you pass the Luck check, then you have the chance to avoid it. Instinct let her take that chance.
    This is the whole basis for my arguments regarding the Freeshooter. No matter what, unless you have some kind of auto-defense, it comes down to the LCK check. Almost guaranteed death against any Servant that doesn't have a certain Rank of LCK (and even those who do make the LCk check have to still defend against the shot) is pretty damn haxxed considering it has no charge up time and can be used with any projectile the freeshooter wants to utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    HATA NO KAWAKATSU
    So... he's less charismatic Gil with a magical boat and poetry? That's... surprisingly awesome!

Blog Entries
    Mm~ I think his AGI is too low. Lancers tank with their dodge rates, while Sabers tank with their defense. At least that's what i comprehend. MAG A is also a bit iffy for a non-casting Servant, more so because it is stated that he never got in touch to Magecraft. Also, Lancers' LUK is E, no exceptions :P

I find Vitrification to be rather weird. It's as if that skill sits there just to highlight the conditions needed to rile him up. A bit wasteful, i'd say.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    Mm~ I think his AGI is too low. Lancers tank with their dodge rates, while Sabers tank with their defense. At least that's what i comprehend. MAG A is also a bit iffy for a non-casting Servant, more so because it is stated that he never got in touch to Magecraft. Also, Lancers' LUK is E, no exceptions :P

I find Vitrification to be rather weird. It's as if that skill sits there just to highlight the conditions needed to rile him up. A bit wasteful, i'd say.
    Longinus has bad stats given that all his legend consists of is stabbing a still guy on a cross and getting splashed by blood and water.

You're right. He didn't defy fate at all, and he's a Lancer. I'll edit that.

Vitrification was originally designed to just show that he was always calm but then I thought "wait doesn't Jesus go into the temple and start tossing tables? I'd better add that."

This Servant is technically Jesus, except, due to his container, things like his Marble Phantasm, Storm Commanding, and Healing Hands/robe are locked.

Blog Entries
    You mean for the doc? Could help, yeah, I mean this is one of the topics that gets disputed incredibly often in GD and in the FF forums.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    You mean for the doc? Could help, yeah, I mean this is one of the topics that gets disputed incredibly often in GD and in the FF forums.
    No, I was offering to troll. For grindy topics like that, other people do the fact-finding and debating, I just copy-paste it.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    You can't troll me on this topic.

I have visual evidence!