Page 259 of 782 FirstFirst ... 159209249254257258259260261264269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought the whole “AAAALaLaLaLaLaie !!” bit was the NP being called but it appears I was wrong. One day I shall get Mcjon, one day.

On another note, am I the only one who's surprised to see Excalibur get called an anti-city NP in that scene. Mcjon does it really say that in the moonrunes or is it a bad translation?
    Last edited by BlackField; April 5th, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Bad translation, it actually says anti-castle noble phantasm, because of course that's what it says.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, thats what I assumed. For a second then I was about to upgrade my opinion of Iskander's jumping ability, he would be the Luffy of the Nasuverse, all Nakama and jumping miles.

It probably came about because quite a few castles are cities unto themselves.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    It probably came about because quite a few castles are cities unto themselves.
    It probably came about because Chinese people.

Have you seen Chinese castles? Pretty impressive stuff. They've got like six huge buildings and a huge outer wall all to themselves.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Well, sure. But the bigger issue is that the kanji that Japanese uses for castles actually referred to defensive walls in ancient China, both around castles themselves and towns and whatever else. And over time that came to refer to cities in general, on account of they tended to be bounded by walls and it's easier to just lump everything together.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; April 5th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Anti-Pallisade

Banned
    Blog Entries
    fear my Anti-flower NP: Bubble Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    fear my Anti-flower NP: Bubble Blast!
    But Water deals half damage to Grass!

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Not in the 4kidsGrail War.

Blog Entries
    Kiritsugu with invisible guns?
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    <Kayneth was banished to the Shadow Realm!>

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Said it before and will again, Kerry & Friends needs to be a thing.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have to prevent that they get their hands on this, otherwise they're going to turn Saber's sword invisible for half the war.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Ha.

But seriously, they'll think an invisible sword is too confusing and kids might get the wrong idea if you leave it up to their imaginations, so they'll insert a Nerf bat in every scene with invisible Excalibur. It squeaks when you hit things. Of course, it wouldn't make sense for a Nerf bat to be hiding a real sword inside of it, so unsheathed Excalibur will be replaced by the Nerf bat too.

It's sad because I can totally imagine them doing that. So will UBW look the same?

Blog Entries
    No, it will be the Unlimited Candy-cane Works. Archer projects sweets and kills his opponents through trickery and diabetes.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Do you have enough sugar at your disposal, Willford Brimley?!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Morgan le Fay, The Fairy of Conspiracy and Illusion.
    Caster

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
    Dislikes: proud men.
    Talents: magic, plotting.
    Natural Enemy: Arturia.
    Image Color: green, gold and purple.

STR: E END: C AGI: D MGI: A++ LCK: C NP: A

Personality:
    -----------

A proud and revengeful woman, once she sets her head on something, she’ll try to reach the goal in every way. Jealous and envious of her sister, who had the luck of being given the same honor and role of the most eminent of men – Kingship, while she,the daughter of the man killed by Arturia’s father to seize the throne and marry her mother, was treated as a mere bargain chip and betrothed to an ally of the usurper. Thus she decided to bring doom to Arturia and her Knights,using many deceits and schemes, in order to prove that with only herself-taught magic skills she can be equal if not more dangerous than the bravest and strongest Knight.

Class and Personal Skills:
    ------------------------

Item Construction (A)
    : the skill to manufacture magical items. At this level she’s capable of making reproductions of objects whose quality comes close to the original, even if those objects could have the potential to become Noble Phantasms.

Territory Creation (A+): the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Given enough Mana (which means the right intersection of leylines), it’s possible to create a“structure” whose quality is even superior to a “Temple”, and that can be regarded for all intents and purposes as high as that of a Reality Marble.

Transcendental One (B)
    : measures how much the subject has walked away from humanity’s path. Thanks to intensive study of Magecraft, Morgan transmuted her essence into an artificial human-Elemental hybrid.However, at this level she cannot simply be considered a human with Elemental powers, but a transcendental, ethereal, translucent being that is a gestaltic form,closer to a conceptual existence than a physical one: a creature of both worlds, physical and supernatural. As such, Morgan displays an unsuspected good resistance towards merely physical attacks and magical interference.

Noble Phantasm:
    ----------------

Fata Morgana

The Distant Illusion Hovering Over the Horizon

(A-rank; range 100; 500+; anti-army)

The Noble Phantasm of the fairy woman whose name became the very synonym of elusive illusion.

Thanks to her natural connection to the World that her peculiar nature gives her, Morgan can amass and give shape to an enormous amount of Mana in a few instants, even creating gigantic structures out of thin air. However these are not normal objects, but literally solid illusion, as paradoxical as this may be.
    Delusive and dangerous mirages.

A skill that can be considered on par with the infamous Marble Phantasm, the innate ability of True Ancestors (although the range of Morgan’s power is obviously inferior).

In other words Morgan is able to create a sealed space, an access to a pocket dimension, whose internal landscape is completely ruled over by her magic: its nature is similar to the fairy realms described in many fables and stories, a place of enchanting beauty, where space and time seem to fade away… a place that is part of this world, and at the same time it isn’t, where moments can last for years. Morgan mainly uses this Noble Phantasm to create her main base of operations, the main entrance to her dimension, a castle called Awallach – That Elusive, Everdistant Castle in the Air, a castle that symbolizes the place where she grew up as a kid, where she learned magic for the first time and where she feels most safe… but also modeled to mirror Camelot’s design, in disdain of her hated and envied sister.It is a magic castle floating in mid air usually – but not limited to – above or near by a large body of water, due to Morgan’s affinity with watery elemental magic) and, although it may appear as real, solid and extremely close, it’s being made unnaturally unreacheable by Morgan’s spells: it can be reached only by following the so-called mythological Fairy Paths – that is, the Leylines that feed and support the creation through a continuous flow of Mana… only by walking the road that belongs to both worlds, the earthly, human one and that of the spiritual, magic kind, it is possible to access and win Morgan’s illusions. To put it into another words, only by “vibrating” at the same frequency of Morgan’s Mana it’s possible to physically interact with her.

One limitation in the use of this Noble Phantasm consists in the fact that, although Morgan is able to potentially give shape to the images of her mind, she usually prefers to use known and already existing forms as models.
    While this Noble Phantasm makes her dangerous for most of Servants, it is relatively easy for Magi from the Age of Gods – who are somewhat used to this kind of magecraft –to overcome her defenses.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's another! I actually had some difficulties for this one, since I couldn't come up with a NP... but then I re-read JJBA's Genesis of Universe and... I managed to "invent" something.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; April 5th, 2013 at 02:40 PM.