Page 373 of 782 FirstFirst ... 273323363368371372373374375378383423473 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Further legends associate Crocea Mors with Aeneas, the mythical progenitor of the Romans; his grandson Brutus went off to become Britain's first king according, again, to medieval legends.
    Man, those dark ages Europeans sure loved to do crossovers with the Trojan War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Man, those dark ages Europeans sure loved to do crossovers with the Trojan War
    The romans did it as well. Just think about how Romulus and Remus were descendants of the King of Troy.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    The romans did it as well. Just think about how Romulus and Remus were descendants of the King of Troy.
    Well, no. Those two were descended from Aeneas, who was of noble (and, of course, divine) blood but ultimately only a rather distant relative of Priam, the actual King of Troy. Aeneas himself existed as a character of Greek epic long before the Romans were writing about the Trojan War - possibly before Rome herself had even been founded.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Well, no. Those two were descended from Aeneas, who was of noble (and, of course, divine) blood but ultimately only a rather distant relative of Priam, the actual King of Troy. Aeneas himself existed as a character of Greek epic long before the Romans were writing about the Trojan War - possibly before Rome herself had even been founded.
    I just remember Romulus and Remus were descendants of some guy from Troy who ran away during the Trojan war.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Who also had a beef with Carthage. Funny how that works out eh?

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Bloody Romans. Always making their special snowflake OCs descended from established literary characters. Fanfic tier writing, the lot of it.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Virgil was the original "Please Like, Comment and Subscribe" content producer.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Bloody Romans. Always making their special snowflake OCs descended from established literary characters. Fanfic tier writing, the lot of it.
    Better than Greece, where you couldn't be a city-state without claiming you and all of your friends were descended from at least one mythic era hero/deity.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Nah, Rome is way worse. Greek gods at least make sense because they breed so much.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Roman syncretism is all about crossovers.

夜魔 Nightmare
    I think the whole Matter of France is probably worst. As far as I can tell different authors between France, Germany and Italy (and accross spans of years of course) have managed to claim Hector's son Astyanax as a direct ancestor for Charlemange's line, the Merovingians who preceded Charlemange, several noble lineages who served Charlemange, and/or a wide variety of Saracen heroes. So basically he begat literally everybody important in the entirety of continental Europe and northern Africa.

This of course all requires a wide variety of excuses and/or retcons as to how little infant Astyanax survived being tossed off the Trojan walls by more than a half-dozen possible killers.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Some of them say Merlin was the one who put it there, others just make Merlin the one to tell the Archbishop of Cantebury about it while being vague about who exactly put it there, but none say that it was Uther's sword.
    I know of one version in which it's Uther who puts the sword into the stone, and it's one that Nasu's probably familiar with.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Since we were discussing Atalanta in the other thread I figured I might as well post my version of her. Apologies for the formatting, I've done it all on my phone during my work break :/

Atalanta
    Swiftest Hunter in All The Lands

Class: Archer
    Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: A+
    Mana: B
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Independent Action (B): Atalanta can exist without a contracted Master for up to two days and can survive damage to her spiritual core.

Magic Resistance (C): Cancel spells with a chant equal to or below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Advanced Movement (D): Though not a Lancer, Atalanta has managed to attain this agility-based skill at a low rank thanks to her renown as an agile and speedy huntress. She can move surefootedly while jumping over all kinds of obstacles on the field, including enemies.

Mystic Face (B): Atalanta, though swearing her chaste purity to Artemis and having a decidedly non-feminine personality thanks to being raised by bears, still managed to be so beautiful and charming that a large number of young men were willing to race her for her hand in marriage knowing full well that if they lost the race they would be killed. As soon as men look upon her face they fall under her charms and become decidedly more compliant and suggestible, though Magic Resistance reduces or nullifies this effect.

One With Nature [Woodlands] (B): Having been raised in the forests of Arcadia by a family of bears during her developmental years, Atalanta is incredibly at home in woodlands and forests. At this level Atalanta is able to partially resist movement-constraining techniques or penalties whilst in the forest, as well as maintaining an equivalent to Presence Concealment Rank C in such an environment.

Prana Burst [Remote] (-): Lacking a truly powerful method of hunting a foe that would manifest as a Noble Phantasm, Atalanta has instead developed her own variation of the Prana Burst skill, allowing her to overcharge her arrows with excess prana instantly, much in the same way as a Broken Phantasm would be made though with greater speed to the technique.

The overcharged arrows can, at higher levels of this ability, operate at a level comparable to Noble Phantasms for a much greater prana cost than they normally would, and at this level of overcharge will explode dangerously on impact. Because this skill has a scaling cost-to-effect ratio it is hard to tell exactly how dangerous her arrows are at a given time, though it’s generally a safe bet to assume that as she racks up her First Blood cumulative strikes she will utilise this skill more and more thanks to the excess prana flowing to her.

First Blood
    Arrow of the Legendary Huntress

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: Out of all the hunters chasing down the Calydonian Boar it was Atalanta who drew first blood and thereby claimed the pelt once it was slain. This is a passive Phantasm that activates only under strict conditions. The first is that Atalanta must be the first person to draw blood from another during the current “battle” or “hunt”, whatever that may be, though where a battle starts and ends is often conceptually defined and, consequently, ill-defined. Secondly, it must be through an arrow that she inflicts the wound. Finally, the injured opponent must not have been part of the fulfilment of First Blood’s conditions at any previous time during the Grail War, so others can only be affected by First Blood once.

Once all the conditions are fulfilled First Blood will trigger. When it does, the wound that triggered First Blood will bleed far more profusely than it reasonably should, and will not heal. The injury will leak prana as well as blood, and this prana transfers to Atalanta, topping up her prana to a degree based on the severity of the wound she inflicted. This additional prana flow also induces a Half Rank Up in STR and END, as well as the skills of Advanced Movement and Magic Resistance, up to a maximum Rank of A+ in either parameter or skill.

The parameter & skill enhancements last for the course of the Grail War as long as the wounded opponent survives, but once a wounded opponent dies that enhancement is lost. Just like the life/prana regeneration it is cumulative over multiple applications of First Blood, which can quickly make Atalanta a foe to be feared. Enough cumulative effects of First Blood can even provide enough passive prana leech to Atalanta that her Independent Action skill effectively becomes EX level, with enough prana flowing to her to fuel any of her activities
    Last edited by Vagrant; October 4th, 2014 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Since we were discussing Atalanta in the other thread I figured I might as well post my version of her. Apologies for the formatting, I've done it all on my phone during my work break :/

Atalanta
    Swiftest Hunter in All The Lands

Class: Archer
    Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: A+
    Mana: B
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Independent Action (B): Atalanta can exist without a contracted Master for up to two days and can survive damage to her spiritual core.

Magic Resistance (C): Cancel spells with a chant equal to or below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Advanced Movement (D): Though not a Lancer, Atalanta has managed to attain this agility-based skill at a low rank thanks to her renown as an agile and speedy huntress. She can move surefootedly while jumping over all kinds of obstacles on the field, including enemies.

Mystic Face (B): Atalanta, though swearing her chaste purity to Artemis and having a decidedly non-feminine personality thanks to being raised by bears, still managed to be so beautiful and charming that a large number of young men were willing to race her for her hand in marriage knowing full well that if they lost the race they would be killed. As soon as men look upon her face they fall under her charms and become decidedly more compliant and suggestible, though Magic Resistance reduces or nullifies this effect.

One With Nature [Woodlands] (B): Having been raised in the forests of Arcadia by a family of bears during her developmental years, Atalanta is incredibly at home in woodlands and forests. At this level Atalanta is able to partially resist movement-constraining techniques or penalties whilst in the forest, as well as maintaining an equivalent to Presence Concealment Rank C in such an environment.

Prana Burst [Remote] (-): Lacking a truly powerful method of hunting a foe that would manifest as a Noble Phantasm, Atalanta has instead developed her own variation of the Prana Burst skill, allowing her to overcharge her arrows with excess prana instantly, much in the same way as a Broken Phantasm would be made though with greater speed to the technique.

The overcharged arrows can, at higher levels of this ability, operate at a level comparable to Noble Phantasms for a much greater prana cost than they normally would, and at this level of overcharge will explode dangerously on impact. Because this skill has a scaling cost-to-effect ratio it is hard to tell exactly how dangerous her arrows are at a given time, though it’s generally a safe bet to assume that as she racks up her First Blood cumulative strikes she will utilise this skill more and more thanks to the excess prana flowing to her.

First Blood
    Arrow of the Legendary Huntress

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: Out of all the hunters chasing down the Calydonian Boar it was Atalanta who drew first blood and thereby claimed the pelt once it was slain. This is a passive Phantasm that activates only under strict conditions. The first is that Atalanta must be the first person to draw blood from another during the current “battle” or “hunt”, whatever that may be, though where a battle starts and ends is often conceptually defined and, consequently, ill-defined. Secondly, it must be through an arrow that she inflicts the wound. Finally, the injured opponent must not have been part of the fulfilment of First Blood’s conditions at any previous time during the Grail War, so others can only be affected by First Blood once.

Once all the conditions are fulfilled First Blood will trigger. When it does, the wound that triggered First Blood will bleed far more profusely than it reasonably should, and will not heal. The injury will leak prana as well as blood, and this prana transfers to Atalanta, topping up her prana to a degree based on the severity of the wound she inflicted. This additional prana flow also induces a Half Rank Up in STR and END, as well as the skills of Advanced Movement and Magic Resistance, up to a maximum Rank of A+ in either parameter or skill.

The parameter & skill enhancements last for the course of the Grail War, but just like the life/prana regeneration it is cumulative over multiple applications of First Blood, which can quickly make Atalanta a foe to be feared. Enough cumulative effects of First Blood can even provide enough passive prana leech to Atalanta that her Independent Action skill effectively becomes EX level, with enough prana flowing to her to fuel any of her activities
    That's...an interesting take on her. I like it, though that Noble Phantasm scares me a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Khaos View Post
    That's...an interesting take on her. I like it, though that Noble Phantasm scares me a bit.
    Being able to get multiple Triple Rank Up bonuses does sound scary. Until you remember that she has to get first hit on all 6 other Servants for the full benefit, and as soon as they start dying her effects start dropping. If she gets to the last 3 then she's only getting a single Rank Up to her Parameters. She's sort of counterintuitive in her strategies.

夜魔 Nightmare
    I like her. First Blood is cool (also, was that a Rambo reference? I feel like its a Rambo reference), Mystic Face is a great fit and Advanced Movement is a more universal (if less flavorful) name for Crossing Arcadia. But I have to say any Atalanta who doesn't have Disputed Spoils of War is going to bum me out. I mean, who doesn't like the ability to move at relativistic speed in strait lines like you're the muthafukkin' Flash or something, and also make anybody you passed near go crazy?

Also, Aesthetics of the Last Spurt is one of my favorite skills, so I miss that as well. It's like Eye of Mind (True) for super arrogant jerks. "Here, just go ahead and beat me up a bit, I'm sure nothing bad will happen to you in a couple minutes..."

Blog Entries
    Her strength seems a bit low considering the "outwrestle a guy who wrestled down a shapeshifting goddess" thing.

Then again I guess the Apocrypha version ignored that too, so nice job!

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As her legend shows, she's obviously a high-flight wrestler.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 19th, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
    don't quote me on this

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Rey Mysterio of Ancient Greece

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Are you implying what I think you're implying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Rey Mysterio of Ancient Greece
    Now I'm officially weirded out.