Page 451 of 782 FirstFirst ... 351401441446449450451452453456461501551 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Generally he's basically never going to use it unless he absolutely cannot damage the enemy because of some divine protection bullhax like Godhand or the like. It's really only there because I refused to make him a Berserker and Saber was really the go to class with all the swords he trashed.

Usually he just punches and/or tears people apart. Even against regular Servants who wouldn't provide him any bonuses, in which case he's woefully mediocre.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What about Hrunting?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hrunting was a terrible sword.

Blog Entries
    Hrunting is covered by Beast Slayer, in the "every weapon he uses breaks on him". While Hrunting didn't technically break it failed miserably and that's good enough for a Personal Skill. I'll probably adjust Beast Slayer a little more so that it highlights the negatives of "fucks up every weapon Beowulf touches" a bit more. He's like Nasu's Red Dragon character, in a way.

Except instead of carrying heaps of swords his solution to the "everything breaks" problem is PUNCHING SHIT.
    Last edited by Vagrant; July 29th, 2014 at 09:39 PM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    If you have Photoshop, you can use this.

Granted it's only the first page.

I was too lazy to do the rest.
    Thanks.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    the rather godawful CGI movie "Beowulf"
    Really? I was charmed by its total lack of pretentiousness... I tend to like that kind of movies. You know what you're going to get.

or maybe I was so traumatized by Chris Lambert's Beowulf, my expectations were really low
    Last edited by aldeayeah; July 30th, 2014 at 04:37 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Really? I was charmed by its total lack of pretentiousness... I tend to like that kind of movies. You know what you're going to get.

or maybe I was so traumatized by Chris Lambert's Beowulf, my expectations were really low
    I guess I was disappointed by it because it was just exactly what I expected, no great scenes that really stood out and tbh the designs were just a little offputting.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What about Beowulf cutting his own arm so that he can reach it further and pierce Angeline Jolie's heart?

I thought that was pretty manly

Blog Entries
    Here's another I just finished up today. Suffice it to say that I'm glad Seika is not around to rip me a new one for how horribly, horribly wrong and stupid this is.

Aristophanes
    Father of Comedy

Class: Rider
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: B

Background:

In all of the annals of Holy Grail Wars, and in all the archives of the Throne of Heroes, there is perhaps no Heroic Spirit more unlikely than that of Aristophanes, the Father of Comedy, the Prince of Ancient Comedy himself. It is unknown even to himself how he ended up there, but it is of no concern to him, just one more absurd and silly situation to add to the pile.

Aristophanes is no more than a playwright of ancient Greece, a famed poet and writer from Athens who was well-versed in the art of comedy and criticism. His plays were famous, well-written and incisive, and he was a man who was both lauded for his insights and criticised for the embarrassments he brought upon Athens. Though he defended himself in the face of criticism, Aristophanes is a relaxed man who does not take life altogether too seriously and has little interest in politics for himself, though he is all too happy to commentate on public life. He enjoys the simple things in life and seeks only to have a good time where he can, and he does not take the concept of a Grail War very seriously. It is hard to do so when you’re a Heroic Spirit with not one ounce of fighting capability, nor any weapon.

Class Skills:
    Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles.

• D: Rider is fully capable of riding horses as well as any experienced man might be, and can quickly learn how to drive or ride other simple enough vehicles or animals, but has no natural proficiency for them.

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

• D: Can cancel the effects of Single-Action spells, and can hamper the effects of other spells to some degree as well, given that he lived during the Age of Gods.

Personal Skills:
    Audacity
    The ability to dive right in and take on ridiculous tasks or behave in the most outrageous of ways and get away with it.

• D: Utilising elements of absurdity or fantasy within his plays was something Rider was well known for, and he is able to apply these elements in his own life as well, to a lesser degree. Luck is Rank Up when attempting a task that is considered particularly absurd, and Rider’s presence alone provides a chance that logic-based skills or techniques will be disrupted to some degree.

Persuasive Orator

The skill to sway others not with magical compulsions but simply with powerful rhetoric. A valuable skill which circumvents Magic Resistance and other protections against mental or magical persuasion.

• C: Use of absurdities and fallacy of logic, combined with incisive and honest wit, makes Rider someone that most people are naturally comfortable around and makes them more willing to hear out his ideas and follow through on his requests.

Vitrification
    A serene state of mind. A mental protection that nullifies mental interference. At high levels, can emulate a low Rank in Presence Concealment, amongst other things.

• D+: Comfortable with his own body, his own self and his own flaws and skills, Rider has a moderate degree of protection against mental interference. He is laid-back and collected during all but the most intense of situations. Additionally, his relaxed and comfortable nature combined with his honesty and ability to assess situations for genuine criticisms means that he has a reduced chance of being deceived by lies and may see to the truth of matters more readily than most.

Cloudcuckooland
    Absurd Heavenly City of the Birds

Type: Barrier
    Range: 10-100
    Targets: Varies

Description: Cloudcuckooland is a pivotal element featured in one of Rider’s most famed and studied plays, The Birds. Incited by two men who are looking to escape the tedium of everyday life, all the birds of the world are convinced to construct a grand city in the sky, a barricade between the humans of the land and the gods residing in Olympia above. Seeking to reclaim their position as the rightful inheritors of divine glory instead of the Olympians, the birds use Cloudcuckooland as a way of preventing the offerings of mankind from reaching the gods, and eventually the gods give in to the birds and Cloudcuckooland is elevated to a heavenly divine city. During the construction of the city the birds establish rules that make it a utopia free of political strife and an idealised world, and so it is that this Noble Phantasm takes form.

Through two days of constant work and playwriting Rider is able to bring Cloudcuckooland into existence as a magnificent city that can take to the sky. A multi-leveled disc a kilometre wide, the city floats on a bed of clouds and from below is essentially undetectable as it utilises magical methods to vanish into the sky. Even when drawing close to or sitting above it the city appears only as a great bank of clouds, and it suppresses the presence of magical energy within it, essentially masking it from view unless one were to actually enter the cloudbank. Within the clouds the city appears as a shining jewel of splendour and beauty, a shimmering force field keeping all but the strongest of attacks at bay.

Though the city itself is idyllic and therefore bears no weapons at all, it does have several unique effects in that it serves as “the blockade which divides heaven and earth”. While Cloudcuckooland is deployed in the sky all transfer or communiation between the divine and the mundane is prevented within a twenty kilometer radius, so all Servants with Divinity or equivalent divine heritage will experience a rank down in all Parameters. Additionally, all skills or Noble Phantasms that rely on divine support are sealed or stripped of their holy power, often rendering them useless. Finally, as divine spirits are simply nature spirits that have ascended in importance and worship, this idyllic city operates to interfere with nature to a small degree by draining prana from the area around it to fuel itself and disrupt other prana connections.

Rider is able to distribute golden feathers to others to shield them to some degree from the effects of Cloudcuckooland, but the barring of divine support and power is an absolute that cannot be avoided. As an ideal city Cloudcuckooland bears a strict zone of good health within it that prevents poisons or illness and accelerates recovery, as well as bearing an army of bird familiars that are able to relay anything that they see or hear back to the city for observational purposes. It is likely that all sorts of other devices or abilities may be discovered within the vast honeycomb of Cloudcuckooland, though it is a certainty that no function designed for offensive attacks resides within its borders.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Classy picture.

Blog Entries
    Well, he's a classy guy, so that works for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    He seems more like a Caster than a Rider honestly. Other than that and his being pretty strong for who he is, he seems fine.

Blog Entries
    He rides a sky-city! Also the story I was originally going to use this for already had a Caster, so I cheated. He's clearly a support servant so I imagine he'd be pretty useless a lot of the time. Still, sky-city!

He rides a sky-city! Also the story I was originally going to use this for already had a Caster, so I cheated. He's clearly a support servant so I imagine he'd be pretty useless a lot of the time. Still, sky-city!
    Whatever this story is, I wanna read it.
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I may get around to writing it one day. It did involve loading up Cloudcuckooland with Nazis and kamikaze jets, so I'm still interested in using it if I can figure it out.

I may get around to writing it one day. It did involve loading up Cloudcuckooland with Nazis and kamikaze jets, so I'm still interested in using it if I can figure it out.
    I don't care if they're spoilers or not but who're the Servants?
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Considering I'm 99.9% likely to never start it I suppose it can't hurt.

Saber was Lemminkäinen, in his pre- and post-getting chopped up and reassembled states. His two forms are similar but one is more wary of death and so forth.
    Archer was an unknown magus, a CG who was a gambler and a prostitute from the Wild West.
    Lancer was Brynhildr.
    Caster was Neferkaptah, he's already floating about this thread somewhere.
    Rider was obviously Aristophanes.
    Assassin was the dwarf, as we already know from FHA
    Berserker was Avenger was Angra Mainyu.

From memory anyway. I think Archer was shaping up to change to another female Servant.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Masters?

Blog Entries
    Everyone knows most of the Masters of HGW3 anyway, but:

Saber - Edelfelt Twins
    Archer - British mage working on government request to intercept the German Magus and ruin the Thule Society's plans
    Lancer - Tohsaka. Tokiomi's grandpappy. Likes to hand people their ass with his fists.
    Rider - Matou, trying to bridge Russian heritage and Japanese future by allying with other imperialists.
    Caster - Thule Society magus, with a garrison of Imperial Japanese forces and Nazi magisoldiers to back her up.
    Assassin - The puppetmaster. Toyed with the idea of it being Van-Fem, intervening to make sure the warmongers from either side didn't get their wish.
    Avenger - Einzbern, obviously.

I have basic ideas, personalities, motives, etc etc for the Masters and other key players, but was never 100% happy with what I had so I never started writing it for real.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Considering I'm 99.9% likely to never start it I suppose it can't hurt.

Saber was Lemminkäinen, in his pre- and post-getting chopped up and reassembled states. His two forms are similar but one is more wary of death and so forth.
    Archer was an unknown magus, a CG who was a gambler and a prostitute from the Wild West.
    Lancer was Brynhildr.
    Caster was Neferkaptah, he's already floating about this thread somewhere.
    Rider was obviously Aristophanes.
    Assassin was the dwarf, as we already know from FHA
    Berserker was Avenger was Angra Mainyu.

From memory anyway. I think Archer was shaping up to change to another female Servant.
    Brynhildr... the valkyrie ones, right? Could she be counted as Heroic Spirit? I mean, a Valkyrie is never a human, rigth? Or would there be like a special / irregular condition in the summoning, like Chiron?
    Last edited by castor212; August 1st, 2014 at 10:16 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3