Page 457 of 782 FirstFirst ... 357407447452455456457458459462467507557 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I don't get why he's a Berserker. I recall no instances of him being insane. If you're trying to use the mentions of his fury in battle as the reason for it, then I don't buy it. Anger is not madness.

If it's another reason then I can evaluate it better, but for now I just can't get past him being in this class at all.
    His fury in combat is as good as Lancelot's justification.

I'm actually surprised that this profile has received this much backfeed, while the Lancer one received next to none.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 3rd, 2014 at 09:36 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Whut. No. Lancelot is referred to as 100% mad several times. There's even a post-Vulgate story called The Folly of Lancelot that deals specifically with his madness. If you're ging to treat getting really angry as qualifications for Berserker class then almost anyone who's a hero can qualify. Lots of people get angry. Sorry, I just do not buy it at all. Especially since Athena is none too keen on those who go mad and don't apply wisdom, yet never once falters in Diomedes.

At best he'd have Rank E or D ME, since he's not mad. And the 100% sane NP is silly too.
    Last edited by Vagrant; August 3rd, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    But it was going mad. Meeting the class requisites is meeting the class requisites, regardless of how common it was.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I know, I'm just saying that there's no justification needed. I'm pretty sure Arthur, Merlin, Balin, Lancelot, and Tristan all qualify.

Blog Entries
    Merlin would be neat as a Berserker. A wild spell-slinging asshole who likes giving/taking away dicks? Kickass Servant right there.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Isn't Merlin still alive or something?

Blog Entries
    He stuck his dick in a tree and got it trapped. Like one of those Chinese finger-traps. So yeah, alive but unable to do anything. I think.

I could be wrong.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    He stuck his dick in a tree and got it trapped. Like one of those Chinese finger-traps. So yeah, alive but unable to do anything. I think.

I could be wrong.
    I hope he at least took it out for dinner first .

JP Friend Code
    Alright, reduced his Mad Enhancement to Rank D (Strength and Agility instead of Strength and Endurance), and changed the effect of Boar of Argos. Now wearing all three pieces reduces effect on sanity to Rank E, but by spending additional prana, it instead increases his Mad Enhancement to C.

Blog Entries
    Merlin is either sealed in a tree or cave, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Saber referred to him as though he were still alive. Not going to pick apart whether that means she thinks he's genuinely immortal, but it does hint that he was still alive and free during the battle of Camlann. Which I guess means that at the very least the Nasu version of Merlin isn't from one of the versions of the story where he died.
    Last edited by Arha; August 3rd, 2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Also, Knight of Khaos, I just realized the NP's effect really mimic yours. I am sorry, but I just dont think the effect could be more fitting than this.
    It's fine, I don't mind if it's similar to mine. I always felt it was one of the cooler ways to work the Island as her Noble Phantasm. Though, yours is a bit smaller on the scale of power than mine was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Khaos View Post
    It's fine, I don't mind if it's similar to mine. I always felt it was one of the cooler ways to work the Island as her Noble Phantasm. Though, yours is a bit smaller on the scale of power than mine was.
    Well, it was very similar at first, haha. But I've got several negative feedback saying it's a copypasta, so I nerfed it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    My suggestion is to go with what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    If we always went with "too similar to X, invalid" then all beam-swords would be invalid except Excalibur.
    Hmm, then I guess I'll keep it that way.
    Last edited by castor212; August 3rd, 2014 at 11:34 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Changed a few more things in Diomedes' profile... He might not be very fitting as a Berserker, but I'll de damned if the same can be said of his father.

Servant info:
    Spoiler:

"Om nom nom"

Name:
    Tydeus, Boar at the First Door
    Class: Berserker (can also be summoned as Saber or Lancer)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Strength: B+
    Endurance: A
    Agility: D
    Mana: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills
    Spoiler:
    Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement: C
    Rank-up to Strength, Endurance and Agility, but the servant is incapable of speaking of thinking properly.

Personal Skills:

Affections of the Goddess: C (D)
    Rank-Up to Luck and boost to Agility. Tydeus received the favor of the goddess Athena, although less so than his son. Tydeus' original Rank in this skill is C, but he takes a penalty due to the Berserker class being unfitting of a champion of the goddess of wisdom. It would actually be at Rank B (C) if not for his dying act of hatred against Melanippus, but without that act, he would be a far worse Berserker.

Battle Continuation: A
    Even after suffering deadly and crippling wounds, Tydeus can continue fighting on.

Charisma: C+
    Capable of leading a large army. During the siege of Thebes, Tydeus and Polynices were leading the largest army Greece had ever seen. Unusable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:
    Boar of Argos – First Against Thebes

Anti-Unit, Anti-Unit (Self), Rank B

Tydeus' golden sword, shield and cuirass, each bearing the image of a boar. They were later used by his son Diomedes during the Trojan War, until he received his own cuirass, forged by Hephaestus. They function differently than when used by his son, with each item counting as a Rank D Noble Phantasm without an effect. When all three parts of the set are being worn together, it is possible to exchange his Affections of the Goddess skill for 1 Rank-Up to his Strength, Endurance and Battle Continuation.

Shield of Stars – One Must be Spared

Anti-Army, Rank B

A second shield used by Tydeus during the assault on Thebes, with the Moon surrounded by stars etched on its front. It was this shield that allowed Tydeus to take on the fifty Thebans that ambushed him and come out winning, having killed all of them except the prophet Maeon. When its wielder is outnumbered, the shield will block all attacks of Rank B or lower, and all Noble Phantasms of Rank C or lower. However, once only one foe remains, Tydeus must immediately retreat, or he will be incapable of using this shield again for the rest of the Grail War.

Lore
    The son of king Oeneus, exiled prince of Calydon, and father of the mighty Diomedes. Originally the heir to the throne of Calydon, Tydeus had a fight with one of his brothers, which resulted in the death of said brother. His father banished him from Calydon for this crime, but Tydeus had the favor of the goddess Athena, who guided him and told him that he should go to Argos.

In Argos, Tydeus was welcomed by king Adrastus, who was also housing Polynices, son of Oedipus, who had been banished from Thebes by his brother. At night, the two exiled princes battled to see which one would sleep at the guest room in the palace. Seeing the two young warriors fight, Tydeus’ equipment bearing the image of a boar, and Polynices’ bearing that of a lion, Adrastus remembered the prophecy that said that he should marry his daughters to a boar and a lion. Thus, Tydeus and Polynices became princes of Argos.

Adrastus promised to both princes that he would help them take over the kingdoms that were rightfully theirs, starting with Thebes. Adrastus arranged to raise seven armies from the region surrounding Argos, each army led by a mighty hero, and thus originating the Seven Against Thebes, the largest army that had ever appeared in Greece.

After the armies reached Kithairon, he was sent to Thebes before all others, to demand that Polynices was reinstated as king. The Theban king and Polynices’ brother, Eteocles, ignored Tydeus, and enraged, Tydeus challenge multiple Thebans for one-on-one combat, defeating every single one of them easily. When he was returning to Kitharion, he was ambushed by a group of fifty Thebans, but managed to kill every single one of them. However, he did not kill the prophet Maeon, for he was blessed by the gods.

After the armies reached Thebes, each one was sent to attack one of the city's seven doors, with Tydeus being responsible for the first door. In battle, Tydeus was quite the monster, tearing apart anyone who tried to defeat him. The Thebans sent Melanippus to fight against him, and, while Tydeus managed to kill his enemy, he was mortally wounded. Athena, seeing her champion half-dead, descended from the Olympus to give him an elixir that would grant him immortality. However, blinded by rage and still in a frenzy, Tydeus crawled towards Melanippus’ body, and, like a savage, devoured the Theban’s brains. Disgusted with this sight, Athena retreated, and kept the elixir hidden, which would years later be used on Tydeus’ son, Diomedes.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 4th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Class: Archer
    Master:
    True Name: Egil
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Original lifetime: 5th century
    Place of Birth: Denmark, alternatively Germania.

Origin
    Egil is a legendary hero of the Völundarkviða and the Thidreks saga. The name is from Proto-Germanic *Agilaz and the same legend is reflected in Old English Ægil of the Franks Casket and Alamannic Aigil of the Pforzen buckle. The Proto-Germanic form of the legend may only be guessed at, but it appears likely that Egil was a renowned archer who defended a keep together with his wife Aliruna, against numerous attackers. The testimony of the Pforzen buckle is uncertain beyond naming Aigil and Ailrun, possibly adding that they fought a battle at the Ilz river. Similar to Heracles and Athena fighting off the giants from Olympus in the Gigantomachy the Franks Casket shows the scene of Aegil and his wife enclosed in the keep, with Aegil shooting arrows against attacking troops of giants.

Egil is the elder brother of Volund/Wayland the Smith, the great smith who reforged Gram into Balmung and accomplished many other great feats of the forge.

Strength: B+
    Endurance: C+
    Agility: B+
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Independant Action: B
    Capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract.

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance: B
    Connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight such as the ability to see through walls. At this rank, Archer can keep track of high-speed objects from a distance of six miles.

The Harder They Fall: C
    Archer’s special ability as a Giant slayer. Any creature larger than himself is hit with a much heavier impact upon being struck by his arrows. The amount is further increased is if Archer is manning a defensive position like a castle or tower.

Berserkergang: N/A
    Through the imbibing of special mushrooms, of which he carries a large pouche of, Archer can temporarily raise his physical stats at the expense of temporarily losing most of his coherence (equal to about Mad Enhancement E-) and suffering from a severely increased temperament. The partial loss of sanity and the boost of strength is lost at the end of combat.

Noble Phantasms:

Freedom Came On Feathers Fake
    Wings of Volund: D

Anti-Unit (Self)

After Volund was captured and wounded by King Nidung, Egil shot down dozens of birds and help Volund craft wings of their feathers in the night, with which he flew out of his cell window, never to return.

By shooting down wild birds and using their feathers, Archer can construct a pair of fully functional wings. While they do not have the samespeed as the wings of a proper Phantasmal Beast, they are still fast enough to match the pace of a Knight-class Servant. If they are destroyed, Egil can build more at the expense of the local wildlife. Anyone can use them in practice, but as the speed they travel at requires inhuman motor control and reflexes to manage, it is highly unlikely that a modern human could use them.e

The Second Arrow Would've Been for you, My King
    Faux Fatricide: B

Anti-Unit

The crystallization of the two most important shots Egil has ever had to make.

Once, Egil was forced by king Nidung to shoot an apple placed on the head of his son. He cocks two arrows, but succeeds with the first one. Asked by the king what the second arrow was for, he said that had he killed his son with his first arrow, he would have shot the king with the second one.

Similarly, as Volund flew away with his new wings, King Nidung ordered Egil to shoot him down. However, before the escape, Volund and Egil had tied a bladder full of blood to Volund’s waist, and Egil aimed for it and shot the bladder instead, causing Nidung to believe he had executed the escapee successfully.

As a Noble Phantasm, it is a powerful illusion and martial technique in one. To the opponent that is targeted, he will look as if he is cocking two arrows, when in reality, only one is on the bowstring. Mimicking the movement firing the first arrow would’ve made on his bowstring, the enemy is struck in the stomach by the fake arrow, causing them incredible phantom pains and actual physical injury despite the illusionary state of the arrow. As the opponent is recovering from the effects of the first arrow, Egil fires the second one towards his opponent’s head. Without a Luck roll or an ability that dispels illusions, it spells almost certain doom for Egil’s opponent.

Last edited by Christemo; February 25th, 2015 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think Tydeus should have such a "high" rank of Affection of the Goddess; he ate the brains of one of his slain foes and she was disgusted by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't know why you're slapping that skill on everyone. Red Rider only has it because he was literally coddled his entire life by his god mom.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Is Egil an inspiration for William Tell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Is Egil an inspiration for William Tell?
    "The story of a great hero successfully shooting an apple from his child's head is an archetype present in the story of Egil in the Thidreks saga (associated with the god Ullr in Eddaic tradition) as well as in the stories of Adam Bell from England, Palnatoki from Denmark and a story from Holstein."

Is what Wikipedia gives me, so probably?
    Last edited by Christemo; August 4th, 2014 at 01:37 PM.