Page 488 of 782 FirstFirst ... 388438478483486487488489490493498538588 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    bracket ruby=rubytext bracket normal text bracket slash ruby bracket.

Or [ ruby=rubytext ] blah blah [ / ruby ]
    Last edited by Christemo; November 26th, 2014 at 04:57 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty flattering account of the (second) most brutal conqueror of all time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    bracket ruby=rubytext bracket normal text bracket slash ruby bracket.

Or [ ruby=rubytext ] blah blah [ / ruby ]
    Really that simple, huh? I would be dangerous if I had a brain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Pretty flattering account of the (second) most brutal conqueror of all time.
    I don't actually like the guy as much as the profile might imply.

He's a potential Servant for a project I'm working on in which his Master is deeply sympathetic to him, and Khan sees himself as a great guy who did a lot of good. He's not as bad as Vlad, but he's pretty butthurt about people remembering him as a bloody tyrant and gets pissy whenever anyone brings it up.

So it's sorta-kind in-character for Team Khan.
    Last edited by Imperial; November 26th, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you're
    welcome

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

He's a potential Servant for a project I'm working on in which his Master is deeply sympathetic to him, and Khan sees himself as a great guy who did a lot of good. He's not as bad as Vlad, but he's pretty butthurt about people remembering him as a bloody tyrant and gets pissy whenever anyone brings it up.

It's just that it feels weird to highlight his tolerance, godliness and charisma, when those were not exactly what helped him become a legend.

I'd have placed emphasis on his usage of fear, pillage and sheer subjugation.

Let just say that his admirers and successors rarely decided to copy and adhere to the former traits, but rather the latter.
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 26th, 2014 at 05:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It's just that it feels weird to highlight his tolerance, godliness and charisma, when those were not exactly what helped him become a legend.

I'd have placed emphasis on his usage of fear, pillage and sheer subjugation.

Let just say that his admirers and successors rarely decided to copy and adhere to the former traits, but rather the latter.
    You're not wrong about any of that. By all account, he was a horrible hardass.

But if Nasu came make Nero into a misunderstood waifu or his friends can turn Jack the Ripper into a bundle of loli-shaped curses, I figure I can take a few liberties.

He's mostly trash anyway. Perseus is probably going to be the Rider I'll use. I'm just posting some discarded concepts because it seems like a waste to do nothing with them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's bad to take liberties, nor do I think you need to change anything, just mulling over missed possibilities, I guess.

At least he wasn't as bad as Timur.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The guy single-handedly brought an end to the Islamic Golden Age and left pretty much the entirety of the Middle East in shambles for the next eight hundred years. It's really weird not to make any mention of what really made him influential as a historical figure; even today in places like Iraq, his name has really bad connotations. Tyrants and unpopular figures and such are compared to Genghis Khan much as we compare folks to Hitler when we don't like them.

Btw Petri, who'd you consider the most brutal conqueror of all time, then? Timur?

edit: ah yeah lol

Also, it's just weeeeird to refer to him as "Khan" since that's just a title. Temujin Borjigin is the closest you could come to a proper full name for him, instead of just something purely titular.
    Last edited by Five_X; November 26th, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The guy single-handedly brought an end to the Islamic Golden Age and left pretty much the entirety of the Middle East in shambles for the next eight hundred years. It's really weird not to make any mention of what really made him influential as a historical figure; even today in places like Iraq, his name has really bad connotations. Tyrants and unpopular figures and such are compared to Genghis Khan much as we compare folks to Hitler when we don't like them.
    You've discovered my dark secret!

I don't actually know that much about him. I just wanted to use someone evil and ambitious and famous/powerful enough to serve as a formidable antagonist with his Nazi Master in a Third Grail War story. They are alike in that they believe brutal methods can achieve good things (read: Temujin's conquests, the concentration camps). But I've done some shuffling, and I think Perseus-as-Rider is a better match for my Tohsaka. The Nazi will probably get a European Archer like Agilaz or Orvar-Oddr.
    Last edited by Imperial; November 26th, 2014 at 05:45 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You've discovered my dark secret!

I don't actually know that much about him. I just wanted to use someone who is seen as evil and ambitious and has enough fame/power to serve as a formidable antagonist with his Nazi Master in a Third Grail War story. They are alike in that they believe brutal methods can achieve good things (read: Temujin's conquests, the concentration camps). But I've done some shuffling, and I think Perseus-as-Rider is a better match for my Tohsaka. The Nazi will probably get a European Archer like Agilaz or Orvar-Oddr.
    I made a sheet for Agilaz/Egil a while back. Feel free to use it. Ill send it to you in PM

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Some "Aryan Übermensch" would be more fitting for a strict believer in Nazi ideology.

Maybe like, Dietrich von Bern.

Nobody has done Dietrich von Bern, I think?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to do him for the Moon/White RP then I spoiled everybody that I wanted to do Dietrich
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Breaths fire, almost kills Siegfried, pretty cool guy.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you wanna wank him he just becomes retarded, theres so much shit you can heave on him just by following the complete baseline of shit he should have.

hey guys how about an invisible undetectable servant who dual wields nagelring and mimung
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Dietrich Von Bern sounds cool. I need to move away from Biblicals, Greeks and Arthurians, which is about all I'm good for. Though I'm not sure Bern fits any of the empty classes. Saber, Caster, Avenger and Assassin are all filled. Rider and Lancer are mostly locked down, barring any last minute eureka moments.

In the meantime, I will dump the runners-up here.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So you need a Berserker and a Archer? Or, presuming this is the 3rd war, Avenger would be replacing Berserker.

Agilaz/Egil is pretty cool but if you wanna drive home just how fucked Fuyuki gets during the 3rd, bring in the big boys like Arjuna, Bhishma or (Hou)Yi. Ashwatthama would be amazing too.
    Last edited by Christemo; November 26th, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Dietrich was actually going to be my Saber for my 3rd War fic, funnily enough. Him and his historical counterpart Theodrick, as the two halves of Saber thing.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another ROT3K servant because fuck it why not

Saber
    Faceclaim

Info
    True Name: Dong Zhuo
    Also known as: The Tyrant of Tyrants
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Parameters and Skills
    STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance
    C - This skill grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding
    B -This skill shows the expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Military Tactics
    B - This skill represents the tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. A more than competent General, Saber performed valorously against the Yellow Turban Rebellion and only Sun Jian out of the 18 lords in a coalition was able to beat him in a fight. Receives bonus against Anti-Army skills & NPs

Charisma
    B- - this the natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Saber was no doubt a monster to most people, but there was no doubt that he possesed a certain magnetism to him that allowed him to rise through the ranks and he was nearly worshiped by his followers. Though even if he was so loved by his followers he was also absolutely hated by his enemies for his butchery

Absorption
    C - This is the ability to absorb more prana from regular sources. Most of the time of Saber as a prime minister was enjoying himself in pure debauchery in feasts fueled by woman, wine and meat He would even order executions to happen midway those banquets and carry on enjoying himself in pure hedonism while their victims were flayed alive in front of him. While Saber is exercising his hedonism he can draw out extra prana for his consumption

Noble Phantasms

To Slash Kings like Logging
    The Tyrant's Sword

Saber's personal weapon, that he found early in the carreer. Its a huge rusty sword who once was owned by the old rebel turned tyrant from western chu Xiang Yu. In it theres a inscription fading from it that says "Slash Kings like Logging". Saber used this weapon during his campaigns and even during his daily lives as a prime-minister carrying his sword everywhere even on the emperor castle, which is considered a major crime. The sword symbolizes all cruelties he has done against the emperor and his followers.
    Whenever Saber draw blood with this sword the blood will be sucked by the sword and stored in it. The more it fills the more the less rusty the sword gets and the more sharp the sword gets until she reaches her original form, a magnificent red sword with the inscription now in full gold.
    Once it reaches that point, the sword gains an added property of being able to ignite and shoot massive prana bursts of fire and a added bonus against people who were Statesmen in the past. The more he uses those abilities the quicker the sword starts turning back into the old rusty form having to be filled again to reach its full power.
    Rank C - Anti-Unit

To Burn History like Logging
    The Consuming of Luoyang

This is Saber's trump card but is actually more of an expansion of Saber's Tyrant Sword NP. This is only possible when the Tyrant Sword has been completely restored to its original form thanks to the blood. Instead of releasing the fire gradually, Saber can also unleash all the flames at once which causes a massive fire that will burn everything to the ground including Saber if not careful. The fire will feed itself on anything that is has "Age". So burning an archive or a museum with it will truly send the fire into massive levels of danger and consuming an old servant in its flames will make it grow in a true hell. This fire is very reminiscence of that time where Saber burned the Imperial City of Luoyang erasing all the records and books there from the face of history.
    Rank B Anti-Army

An Evil Chosen by Heaven
    Seven Star Dipper

The seven star dagger that was going to get used by Cao Cao as the assassination tool against Saber but thanks to his massive luck, Saber survived it. Cao Cao who was once trusted by Saber, would regularly visit his home to talk and even agreed to Saber complete ruthlessness & hedonistic ways but that was just to gain his confidence. Once Cao Cao brought to Saber's home the Seven Star Dagger, a dagger with a Big Dipper constellation inscription in it that could cut through solid metal. Cao Cao was going to use it to cut through Saber's protective armour and slain the tyrant, but as he was about to do it to the sleeping tyrant the blade reflected on a light and ended waking Saber up who confused caught Cao Cao redhanded who then had to give the blade hoping it would distract him. the Tyrant accepted the gift and now he carries as a reminder that Heaven protected him.
    Whenever Saber brandishes his knife his Magic Resistence skill goes up to A, he automatically passes Luck Checks and he is able to see through any presence concealmente turning him into nearly invincible against anything that is not physical. After all no Heaven ended up saving him when his sworn son the mighty Lu Bu slew him with his pure martial skills
    Rank B - Anti Unit
    Last edited by JetKinen; November 27th, 2014 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Dietrich was actually going to be my Saber for my 3rd War fic, funnily enough. Him and his historical counterpart Theodrick, as the two halves of Saber thing.
    Now you have to post it, even if it's just the Noble Phantasms. You can't dangle a morsel like that in front of us and withhold it!

Servant: Menw fab Teirgwaedd (Menw, Son of Three Cries)
    Class: Caster
    (Alternate Class: Saber)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Stats:

Strength - B
    Endurance - B(++)
    Agility - C
    Mana - A
    Luck - C
    Noble Phantasm - B

Background: Sir Menw has the distinction of being one of the few to serve the Pendragon family through two generations. Initially Uther's squire and apprentice, Menw would mature into the greatest of the three enchanter knights of Arturia's court, offering a more...practical opinion on all things magical than his fellow mage, Merlin. Though it would be a stretch to call the two rivals, Menw and Merlin were famously at odds more often than not. Arturia, of course, never took sides, seeing the merit in having two magi of markedly different dispositions to offer advice, though she was sorely tempted to remove Merlin from court and effectively promote Menw to court mage after an incident involving one of Merlin's additions.

But she never did explain exactly what it was.

Whatever the case, Menw distinguished himself both in court and in battle. So trusted was Menw that Arturia hand-picked him as one of the six warriors (alongside the shining Sir Gawain and Arturia's own stepbrother, Kay) sent to help her cousin win the hand of a giant's daughter. Through his mastery of mystery, Menw shielded his comrades from harm as they traveled through foreign lands, ultimately winning the maiden's hand for Arturia's cousin. Unfortunately, Menw's service to the crown would first see him poisoned, afflicting him for the rest of his life, and then killed in the final battle against Morded's followers.

Though Menw came to an inglorious end, he has never once regretted his dedication to Camelot and its kings, returning to life by the power of the Holy Grail to wish that their rule had given way to a glorious dynasty upon which the sun would never set.

Class Skills:

Territory Creation - C
    Menw's talents revolve around spells that affect his own person rather than the space around him, limiting his effectiveness in creating a Workshop through magic alone. He kept a small study of his own in his lifetime, but he was ultimately his own test subject, making the study largely academic.

Item Construction - D (n/a)
    Given the nature of his teaching and his personal interests, Menw did not bother to study at any great length the schools of magecraft that would support Item Construction, though he is capable of basic Gradation Air, giving him a false rank of D.

Magic Resistance - B
    Cancels spells below three verses. Even when targeted by High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult to harm this Servant with magecraft.

Riding - B
    Most vehicles and creatures can be handled with above average skill, though creatures of the Phantasm Races are beyond this rider.

Personal Skills:

Double Summon - B
    A rare personal skill that permits Menw the Class Skills of both Saber and Caster, befitting an Enchanter Knight.

Magecraft - C+
    Naturally curious, Menw studied multiple forms of magecraft over the course of his life to varying degrees of mastery and satisfaction. Though he often sought out new forms of magecraft for the purpose of adding them to his repertoire or learning how best to defend against them, he was not unaccustomed to observing a form of spell craft simply for the sake of having observed it. For this reason, Menw is able to analyze most magecraft at a glance, sometimes even by following the flow of prana before the spell is truly cast. Indeed, Menw is a magical jack-of-all-trades, master-of-only-one, although there are certain branches with which he is more familiar. Runes and alchemy are among his stronger suits, whereas darker arts such as curses, witchcraft and necromancy caught his eye only so that he might learn how to break these blasphemous spells.

Suffering in Silence - A
    Having sustained a severe case of poisoning during his adventures, Menw was able to survive his brush with death, though he was never truly healed. The poison continued to eat away at him for his remaining years, causing him constant pain and suffering. In spite of it all, he continued to serve his king without complaint or special treatment. Most of his fellow knights were none the wiser. As a result, Menw's Endurance will receive its two plus modifiers in the event he suffers a crippling injury, another bout of poisoning or some other effect that would hamper a lesser man.

Noble Phantasms

Bounded Field of the Suitor's Six
    Invincible Air
    - C+
    Menw was not above ego-fueled contests with Merlin. Having seen Merlin's work in the creation of the
    Bounded Field of the Wind King
    Invisible Air
    effect upon his king's blade, Menw sought to duplicate and surpass it. He finally had a chance to show it off during his time as one of the six warriors in Culhwch's entourage, cloaking his fellows in a protective sheath of invisibility when they walked through pagan lands. Just as Invisible Air shielded Excalibur from sight, Invincible Air shielded Arturia's followers--her sword in spirit. However, where Arturia could release the winds in an explosion of power in the form of
    Hammer of the Wind King
    Strike Air
    , Menw has no true equivalent in his spell.

What it lacks in offense is made up for in defense. The currents can be accelerated to a point that any attack below a certain velocity or Strength value will be halted or turned aside as if it were a true suit of armor, and anyone who comes comes into physical contact with the winds runs the risk of being shredded.

Furthermore, Menw is capable of reproducing Invisible Air (sans Strike Air) on his own blade, as he needed to understand Merlin's basic framework before he could set out on his own, but Strike Air continues to elude him.

The greatest weakness of this spell is that it is not a passive enchantment like Invisible Air. Rather, it is a continuously active spell that Menw must maintain with his own prana. Expanding the spell to conceal and armor others takes a huge toll on Menw, but it may be lessened by restricting the winds to himself or removing the armor component from a crowd.

Uther's Final Lesson
    The Second Great Enchantment
    - B

One of the three greatest spells native to the island of Britain. Uther taught the young Menw much of magecraft, but it would not be inaccurate to say those lessons were little more than a prelude to his great art, which allowed for the conception of Arturia herself.

At first blush, it is "just" a shapeshifting spell. It appears even less remarkable in the face of Menw's perennial equal and opposite, Merlin, having taken any number of animal shapes during his own adventures. However, The Second Great Enchantment is a complete and total change--a rejection of one's self. The wielder of this magecraft does not simply take a mouse or a hawk's shape. They truly are that creature.

The World will acknowledge Menw as his chosen creature or person, eliminating the need for prana to sustain his form and stave off The World's efforts to crush him as it does all Servants. Furthermore, his changed shape will not alert any magical-detecting methods. After all, a simple woodland creature emits no more magical energies than any other. By the same token, spells designed to entrap the mind will fail because a creature's mind has not the base level of activity or complexity to be caught by these spells, even if Menw's mind in fact remains in some nebulous form. And so on

It would be an exaggeration to say this is a magecraft that approaches True Magic, fooling even the World itself. On the other hand, it could be said this is a form of highly specialized, internalized Reality Marble, imprinting whatever creature Menw envisions into the world where his human body would stand.

Though useful in any number of situations, Menw has developed a trickster's delight in its use. Knowing full well that he has few offensive tools of his own, he plays the role of saboteur, masquerading as enemy Servants armed with Projected versions of their weapons to give his appearance that extra something so as to sew confusion and misery among the rival camps. If Menw has his way, he will win the Holy Grail War without ever having drawn his sword.
    Last edited by Imperial; November 27th, 2014 at 04:32 AM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I feel like if Genghis Khan actually showed up as a Servant in something, his name would be listed as "Temujin" rather than "Genghis Khan".