Page 629 of 782 FirstFirst ... 129529579619624627628629630631634639679729 ... LastLast
Results 12,561 to 12,580 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    but seriously guys it's the Reed Sea. That's what it says on the CE.
    That might be.
    But Moses parted the red sea, not the reed sea
    Last edited by Elthanes; December 10th, 2015 at 06:31 PM.
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    but super seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC
    The second is the cruciform snake staff which originates from Leviathan, who appears in the Old Testament or maybe Lotan from Ugaritic myths. It is something with the same origin as the staff that Moses used to split the Red Sea, while also acting as a symbol of the sea that that staff split. Its owner will be granted a transformative property like that of water, making it feasible for them to adapt to any situation. Furthermore, their form will be able to change phantasmagorically, and it would even be possible to take the shape of the target of one's envy.
    i'd just give moses something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If anything it'd be a wind-based attack instead of a beam, since in the Bible God is described as parting the red sea "with a strong eastern wind". Also interestingly enough, Jeanne's Luminosité Eternelle was also described as being reminiscent of the parting of the red sea, for whatever that's worth.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    That might be.
    But Moses parted the read sea, not the reed sea
    what is a read sea?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    If anything it'd be a wind-based attack instead of a beam, since in the Bible God is described as parting the red sea "with a strong eastern wind". Also interestingly enough, Jeanne's Luminosité Eternelle was also described as being reminiscent of the parting of the red sea, for whatever that's worth.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the original legends it wasn't a beam or anything though, was it? Far as I know, he just raised his staff and it parted on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragments
    The light was overflowing.
    In the main hall he commanded all of the great temple which was an unprecedented Noble Phantasm.
    It was like the darkness of the night soundlessly being filled for example, it was a natural providence like that, the light which was to the corners of the rooms were filled, and overflowing with it.

It overflowed.
    All of it which couldn’t be stopped was swallowed up.
    It must’ve been the ultimate prana brought forth from its destruction.
    It had melted all of the divine steel outer wall, crushed the throne, crumbling the huge light bulb as proof of it.

However, it wasn’t scorching heat.
    The Pharaoh Ozymandias had captured its “radiance” there.

The highest amount of heat that could be granted to the limit that decided the focal point to the inside of the temple that was the Reality Marble, in other words he projected heat from the light bulb that must’ve reached the level of a solar flare, but he didn’t imagine that it would be erased by a simultaneous activation of a Noble Phantasm by two Servants surely, but he certainly held the idea if it was an impossible matter, but more than that, his eyes were stolen by the radiance that was brought by two Noble Phantasms.

He wasn’t shocked by it.
    He also wasn’t unhappy about it.

Was he just, like that, if――――he only opened its lips while narrowing his dazzling eyes.
    It was the power of the sun, the might of the gods, and the incarnation of the Pharaoh’s mental image.

The Pharaoh knew in the distant past, that it couldn’t be roughly granted besides……

“Ah.”

There was delight.

“I witnessed this once.”

There was longing.

“This dazzling thing was the same as this thing now”

There was rage.

“That day when my friend, my brother, separated from my side once.”

There was sorrow.

“This thing that divided the reeded sea…that….will become the unhesitating light of the stars.”
    I think it's supposed to be compared to Stella? Since it's the arrow that divided the land, and Moses divided the sea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The association of the Red Sea with the biblical account of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea is ancient, and was made explicit in the Septuagint translation of the Book of Exodus from Hebrew to Koine Greek in approximately the third century B.C. In that version, the Hebrew Yam Suph (ים סוף) is translated as Erythra Thalassa (Red Sea). (See also the more recent suggestion that the Yam Suph of the Exodus refers to a Sea of Reeds).

Yam Suph (Hebrew: יַם-סוּף) is a phrase which occurs about 23 times in the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible/Old Testament) and has traditionally been understood to refer to the salt water inlet located between Africa and the Arabian peninsula known in English as the Red Sea. More recently, alternative western scholarly understandings of the term have been proposed for those passages where it refers to the Israelite Crossing of the Sea as told in Exodus 13-15. These proposals would mean that Yam Suph is better translated in these passages as Sea of Reeds or Sea of Seaweed; see Egyptian reed fields, also described as the ka of the Nile Delta. In Jewish sources I Kings 9:26 "yam suph" is translated as Sea of Reeds at Eilat on the Gulf of Eilat.
    Also this, for the Red/Reed thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I think it's supposed to be compared to Stella? Since it's the arrow that divided the land, and Moses divided the sea.
    故にこそ、海を割る聖者でもなく、神造兵装として名高き聖剣を有りする剣士でもない身で、星の 光にも等しい 一撃を放つのだ。

It compares to Excalibur.
    Planet's Light single attack.
    So yeah it was a beamu.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=asterism42;2172905
    Also this, for the Red/Reed thing.[/QUOTE]
    i mean you don't really need that when the craft essence and fragments, the part you posted above, literally say reed sea.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    You sure do love your overpowered end-bosses, don't you? First Svyatogor, then Echidna and now this guy. Not that I'm complaining, I also have a weakness for those sorts of characters. Even by that standard though, this guy is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention he has a absolutely insane amount of Noble Phantasms. I mean, freaking King Arthur, one of the most famous heroes from myth, only had three (Invisible Air, Excalibur and Avalon) whereas he has nine. How the hell would the playable characters manage to go about beating this guy?
    Well...

A) I decided that the game takes place in the Izumo, hence he possess the highest recognition and land buffs (it would be bigger only he was inside the Temple).
    B) Four of them are have only limited use.

As for the fight, I'll PM your details later.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    what is a read sea?
    A case of dislexia
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Well...

A) I decided that the game takes place in the Izumo, hence he possess the highest recognition and land buffs (it would be bigger only he was inside the Temple).
    B) Four of them are have only limited use.

As for the fight, I'll PM your details later.
    Vlad fights in Romania stacking even more buffs with it so it becomes even more of his personal backyard and he has like two NPs and Karna can beat him.
    The last NP is dumb.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Vlad fights in Romania stacking even more buffs with it so it becomes even more of his personal backyard and he has like two NPs and Karna can beat him.
    The last NP is dumb.
    Well, Vlad is a historical figure who lived in the Age of Men. Okuninushi is divine cultural hero from early period of Age of Gods. I think that they both close to be 100% form, but the later simply has more material to draw from.

Oyashima is kinda baseless, because it was originally the Mandate of Heaven (I planned to use Yellow Emperor Huangdi as final boss). It is also supposed to echo Gilgamesh statements about how the first embodies everything etc.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; December 10th, 2015 at 07:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    I just think the last NP sounds dumb.

I don't mind the first passive effect but the "Anti-Everything" Servant spam just sounds quite honestly stupid

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I just think the last NP sounds dumb.

I don't mind the first passive effect but the "Anti-Everything" Servant spam just sounds quite honestly stupid
    Maybe I got the description wrong, but it is more less than a spam, rather one one massive attack. They are summoned, use the most powerful move they have, then dissapear.

The type reflects the idea is that even if the enemy has some really specific and ridiculous weakness, the sheer number of attacks means that even one of them would be able to exploit.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; December 10th, 2015 at 07:55 PM.

How would parting the red sea even work as an NP though? I mean, unless the enemy just happened to be using a big water attack on him or something. With regard to Ten Commandments, I thought the plagues were too obvious an NP for Moses and couldn't think of an original spin for them so I went with another aspect of his legend instead. It's probably irrevalent though, since I can't for the life of me think up fitting effects for the remaining Commandments.
    The Moses I made did the Red Sea by conjuring a wall of water on either side of his opponent and smashing them between them.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Obviously Moses uses a katana to slice the sea

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    folded so many times that it folded the sea.

Class: Rider

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: D
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Riding (A): Can use any beast or vehicle expertly. However, she cannot ride Phantasmal races.

Magic Resistance (C+): Cancels two-verse spells. Rider gains this skill due to a magical
    ring that she received in her travels. It offers extra protection against binding and illusion spells.

Personal Skills

Lover's Pursuit (B): Raises parameters when fighting on behalf of someone she loves. Rider's lover was
    never far from her thoughts during their separate adventures, and the two were destined to be together.

Bravery (B): Negates mental interference up to an equivalent rank. Rider repeatedly
    stood against enemy knights, wizards and monsters and emerged victorious.

Revelation (C): A skill similar to Instinct, it grants Rider a sixth sense relating to anything that would
    help her accomplish her goal, whether it be battle or navigation. Since it represents those that guided
    her along her journey, the intuition is abstract and it difficult to explain to others.

Noble Phantasms

Trap of Argalia~Down With a Touch! (D, Anti-Unit)

An ornate golden lance that belonged to Argalia, later taken by Astolfo and was finally given to Rider. As a spear it
    is completely ordinary, but its special enchantment makes it much more dangerous to an opponent; the lance was said to
    be enchanted to unhorse or bring down anyone with a mere touch. In a battle between mounted knights in heavy armor, this
    was a fatal position to be in. When hit by the tip of the lance, the target's legs become incorporeal from the knees down,
    forcing them prone. This can be remedied by a LCK check, but there is no limit to how many times they can be struck, and
    the power of the spear yields no diminishing return. Truly, a dangerous weapon for any knight to face.

Rabicano~Steed of Hurricane and Flame (B+, Anti-Unit)

A magical Arabian horse that feeds on air and treads so lightly it does not leave prints. It was entrusted to Rider by
    Astolfo along with his lance, and served her faithfully. It is said to be made of hurricane and flame, and its power
    surrounds its hooves as well as Rider's weapons with whirling vortices of flame. During a charge the flames surge and
    envelope both rider and horse, appearing to be a cyclone of fire that leaves the earth behind it windswept and scorched.

Background
    Bradamante is the sister of Renaud de Montauban and a heroine of the Matter of France. She fell in love with the Saracen
    warrior Ruggiero, but refused to marry him unless he converted from Islam. Bradamante and Ruggiero were destined to become
    the ancestors of the noble House of Este who were the patrons to both Boiardo and Ariosto, the writers of the later additions to the Matter of
    France. Bradamante rescued Ruggiero from being imprisoned by the wizard Atlante, but they are separated soon afterward.
    The two lovers were separated many times in the story, but were finally married after Ruggiero's conversion to Christianity.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; December 12th, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    - [ R I D E R ] -

True Name:
    Zubaidah bint Ja`far ibn Mansur

Alignment:
    Neutral Good

STR- D+
    AGI- C++
    CON- C+
    MGI- B+
    LCK- A+
    NP- B

H: 159cm
    W: 51kg
    3S: B90/W62/H88

=SKILLS=

-------Class-------

* Riding:
    Rank A

At this level Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast may be ridden with ease. Though lacking a famed steed of her own, due to the perverted nature of the tales she wove perhaps one can within reason question the source that this high a rank comes from. Without doubt, the answer lies in all aspects of her nature...

* Magic Resistance:
    Rank C(+)

The combined factors of (penalized) divine favor fortified by diluted marid blood give Rider a slightly above average magic resistance that reaches peak ranks under certain environmental factors.

-------Personal-------

* Protection from Water:
    Rank A+

A boon granted to those who claim direct descent from the marids, it provides immunity to all water-based techniques below A-rank. All actions taken in an aquatic environment may be performed without deteriment or struggle, the same ease as actions taken on dry land.

* Scholarly Upbringing:
    Rank A

A well-rounded education top tier enough to qualify as a skill. The intelligence to know and the wisdom to apply it. At this rank the Servant has a masterful grasp of philosophy, wit, the sciences, socioeconomical and political matters, and the arts.

* Alluring Nightingale:
    Rank C

The ability to attract those of the opposite sex that borders on supernatural means. To an onlooker of the opposite sex, her hair and body appeal like a flourishing oasis under the midsummer desert sun would to an emaciated traveler.

* Protection of the Faith:
    Rank C-

Zubaidah has done much selfless work in the name of Allah, for the sake of Allah's people, her subjects. Yet, it is because of her own internalized beliefs that causes her to tend to stray from her people's teachings that this skill's rank is unable to reach its peak.

* Divinity:
    Rank E-

A measure of one's blood divinity. Though djinni are counted among her lineage, it is ranked exceptionally low due to the combined factors of the generational gap between the original point of conception between human and spirit and theological incompatability her pedigree has with her religious faith.

=NOBLE PHANTASMS=

Darb Zubaidah
    Allah's Aquatic Heavenly Highway

(anti-unit) Rank B

Originally a spell that uses a liquid medium for transportation amplified by her water djinn heritage and further sublimated to miraculous levels through the spiritual weight of religious backup. It allows Rider to consecrate and establish a number of bodies of water as a personal territory, enabling her to manifest an Authority over the area.

A support Noble Phantasm with a versatility limited by one's imagination.

Storyweave
    Book of One Thousand and One Nights

(anti-unit) Rank C

The means to achieve traits found in the voluminous pages of the Arabian Nights. An author may only write of what they know, and what knowledge she does not already possess is within her grasp. Zubaidah can continue to realize new skills indefinitely, so long as they originated from within the tome she helped to create from the initial compilation of her literary contributions.

This Noble Phantasm's versatility is limited by this particular class container. If the Servant were to be summoned as a Caster, though, she could very well manifest fully as her storytelling alter ego...

=HISTORY=

The most beloved Lady of the Abbasids and the one who wears the mask of Shahrazad -- it was by her efforts and grace that life-giving water was provided for the faithful pilgrims who walk the path to Mecca.

Zubaidah "Little Butter Ball" bint Ja`far ibn Mansur was born into the caliphate's Abbasid dynasty, as niece to ruler Al-Mahdi and cousin to Al-Hadi and Harun al-Rashid, her future husband. Since childhood she was groomed to serve as queen to any would-be royalty, and by that account she exceeded all expectations of her. The sort of person who honed and trained all of her skills before setting out into the real world, all of her efforts led her to be beloved by her court and subjects alike.

The exploits of her and her husband, Harun al-Rashid, were of enough influence to serve as the foundational stories for the famed collection of tales "The Book of One Tousand and One Nights." A prominent patron of the arts of writing, as well as a writer herself of fables, historical tales, love stories, tragedies, poems, comedies, and especially erotica (usually featuring her/her husband, and their slaves or harem members) many of Zubaidah's works line the pages of the book. It can be reasonably said that she is the progenitor of the Shahrazad figure who ties the narrative together, an aspect of Zubaidah, an avatar.

=PERSONALITY=

Devoted, devout, wise and witty, with a tendency to exaggerate details of given accounts so long as it contributes to a good story, Rider displays great loyalty and deference to those who deserve her respect. A partner rather than a lackey, she will readily provide counsel and opinions, espouse beliefs without broaching into dogma with those she considers an equal. Rider is a mother and wife by nature, one who desires happiness for herself and others. Not only does she enjoying sharing her wisdom and experiences with those who ask for it and who need it, she still retains her own thirst for knowledge, and will pour over any subject that entices her.

Not as much of the flawless ideal Muslim woman as she could be. Has a competitive streak when it comes to her own fields of expertise. Also gets annoyed at how men can sleep around with multiple partners without stigma while the inverse is not true so. While not a slovenly sort, she is still rather open about matters of intimacy. Again, even wrote several pieces of erotica. Almost sacreligiously, she has the Verse of Light tattooed down the length of her spine. On the other hand--her wrist, technically speaking--is marked the phrase in Arabic script "Al aleb ghaleb," "You are more beautiful than your dress." Getting others to read that out loud and reacting to their faux proposition is a favorite icebreaker of hers.

Dislikes: nonpolyamoric marriage, cultural stagnation
    Talents: imagination, wet T-shirt contests

Wish: Prevent the stagnation of humanity, so that they may continue to create.

Faceclaim:
    Why are you browsing BL in public, Jeez?
    ]
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; December 12th, 2015 at 12:32 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    magic resistance?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, that would be a nice thing to have.

Added, and compliant with the lore the Servant's working under.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bradamante: So, her Noble Phantasms are basically the things Astolfo lent her? Not exactly the most original sheet in the world, then (though I understand there wasn't necessarily much material in her legend to work with). Just giving her Astolfo's stuff seems pretty boring though (especially since Astolfo already is a canon Servant). Also is it just me or does the anime-girl face in the image look photoshopped in?

Zubaidah: "Not as much of the flawless ideal Muslim woman as she could be." is a bit of an understatement considering that outfit in her faceclaim LOL. (Not that I'm complaining or anything, and the desert is awfully hot after all..) Her NPs seem very vague, as far as I can tell her first one basically allows unlimited waterbending in the area she's sanctified and the second one is something like a greater form of Chiron's Wisdom Of Divine Gift Personal Skill? Personality section is nice, I like the "intellectual, yet playful" vibe you've given her (and I LOLed at "Wet T-shirt contests" being listed as one of her Talents). I think it's a bit redundant to list both "devoted" and "devout" in immediate succession in her Personalty section, although that's really just nitpicking on my part.