Page 722 of 782 FirstFirst ... 222622672712717720721722723724727732772 ... LastLast
Results 14,421 to 14,440 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Maybe that was because it's a composite skill where the skills that comprise it are all different ranks?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    You forgot to give a rank for Warriors Fealty.
    Done.

Blog Entries
    Hrm, thinking about a Justinian and Theodora Servant sheet. Did a research paper on them this spring semester. Definitely something I'll think about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Okay, so I've now down Nimrod and people seem happy with it for the most part.

What should I do next? Otto von Bismarck, a remake of Alaric I or another Hassan?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Okay, so I've now down Nimrod and people seem happy with it for the most part.

What should I do next? Otto von Bismarck, a remake of Alaric I or another Hassan?
    I'd say go with Bismarck or the Alaric remake. Both sound more interesting then 'another Hassan'.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I say Otto von Bismarck as he sounds more interesting than Hassan and your Alarix I seems pretty solid already.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Servant Lancer:

True Name: Culhwch
    I'm NOT DEAD YAY!

In reality I've been really busy with IRL stuff for the past week(s). I really liked the Culhwch sheet, and I actually made a Menw sheet a while back (but didn't post it). I think you could add a skill or rank up his agility to show that he was able to Catch a spear that was thrown at him by a huge GIANT, and then throw it back at him and pierce him in the eye!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    I'm NOT DEAD YAY!

In reality I've been really busy with IRL stuff for the past week(s). I really liked the Culhwch sheet, and I actually made a Menw sheet a while back (but didn't post it). I think you could add a skill or rank up his agility to show that he was able to Catch a spear that was thrown at him by a huge GIANT, and then throw it back at him and pierce him in the eye!
    Hmm. I think rank B Agility is already high enough (especially since it can rise to A+ with Gawain and his Lover's Pursuit Skill). Protection From Arrows is one of the (many) abilities he can obtain through Companions Of A Knight, with exactly the justification you suggested (pulling a spear catch-and-return). Though I put it under Bedivere since he was the first to react. I guess I could switch it to a regular Skill (leaving the pseudo-Gae Buidhe as Bedivere's only effect), particularly since I had trouble coming up with fitting Skills for him. Charisma and Riding were pretty generic, while Lover's Pursuit is roughly cribbed from other Servant sheets I'd read here.

Overall, I intended Culhwch to be someone with low stats and Skills, but highly versatile Noble Phantasms.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Theme

True Name- Olyndicus

Alignment- Chaotic Neutral

Place of Origin- Spain

Likes- His Spear, Childhood, Anything considered "childish", Being considered normal, People who tell the Truth

Dislikes- Seeing the future, His rare powers or "gifts", The druids that taught him magic, Being the "Chosen One"

Faceclaim

Stats-

Strength- C~B
    Endurance- D
    Agility- B
    Mana- B
    Luck- E
    Noble Phantasm- B+

Class Skills-

Magic Resistance- B

Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Personal Skills-

Clairvoyance- A++

At this rank, one is said to be able to see through the future, however, even at this rank, the user is unable to see into the past.

Lancer was said to be a prophet that was able to see the future during his life.

Rune Magic- B

Capacity to use the 18 original runes.

During his life Lancer was trained in the arts of the Druid, and having existed during the age of gods, his knowledge covers all of the original runes. When summoned as Caster he obtains Rank A+ in this skill

Natural Body- D

The possession of a perfect body as a living being from birth. The owner of this Skill is treated as if his Strength is always Ranked-Up

Lancer was born as a "perfect child" with many gifts. This led to the druids taking him away and training him to become the champion of the people, so that he might one day over-throw Rome. His destiny for greatness was further proven by his lance that he received from the heavens.

True Eyes- B

Also called Eyes of Purity, are the ability to see that which normally cannot be seen. They are similar to Mystic Eyes, and, while both are inheritable, Pure Eyes differ from them. Mystic Eyes are traits of the body, something like inheriting the traits of a parent's body, while Pure Eyes are like inheriting fate and destiny, the offspring continuing the parent's will and quest. They are a more common occurrence than Mystic Eyes, and they can only be inherited by "humans" with high spiritual power. They can be said to reflect the parent's karma in the offspring, and they are an ability saints may often possess. Lancer is able to see things that should not be able to be seen, and is able to read others emotions and thoughts. These eyes negate Presence Concealment and any mental interference.

Lancer's final natural gift that led those around him to believe he was destined for greatness. Lancer is able to use these eyes in combat to predict his opponents moves, however, due to his lack of experience he is unable to use them as effectively as others who fought in many battles would be able to. Instead these eyes act like a low rank of Instinct in addition to their other abilities.

Noble Phantasm-

Silver Lance of Destined Greatness

God Rupture - B+

Anti-Divine

The spear that is more famous than Lancer himself. This was the silver spear that fell from the heavens
    and was gifted to Lancer himself from the gods. It has the passive effect of being able to bypass any defense lower than B-rank for skills or lower than C-rank for Noble Phantasms. All Non-Skill and Non-Noble Phantasm defenses are completely bypassed. When this happens, the spear doesn't simply cut through the defense as if it wasn't there, but rather completely destroys it. Noble Phantasms destroyed by this effect are unusable until the spear is destroyed or Lancer is killed. When activated the spear immediately disappears from Lancer's hands and is launched from the heavens at his target. This attack gains power against those with divinity, representing Lancer's hate of the gods and the powers they gave him at birth. When activated the lance still has the power to negate and destroy defenses.

Personality
    Being born with many blessings such as future sight and a perfect body, Olyndicus was taken away from his parents by the druids, and because of this, was unable to live a normal life. From the young age of 3 he was trained continuously, so that he would be able to become the savior of the Celtiberians. Being pressured from a young age had an unfortunate affect on Olyndicus, and while he was being trained he was constantly plauged by nightmares due to the pressure of being the one would finally defeat the Romans. This pressure only increased when the spear came down from the heavens. For 18 years he was trained in the arts of combat and magecraft. His spear became a part of his body and was with him at all times. During his training he grew to hate those that took his childhood and family away from him, and those that praised his name and glorified him as the savior of the people. He hated them because he knew that he would not succeed in defeating Rome, due to his ability of future sight. At the age of 21 he was finally freed from his constant training, and was meant to lead his people against Rome. In someways this would be what led to his suicide. He would raid a Roman camp in the middle of night alone. He knew that it would result in his death, as he had seen it with his ability of clairvoyance. Yet still, he was unable to cope with the fact that he would be giving people false hope, only to then lead them to their deaths. He decided to make his final actions show that he wasn't the one who was meant to lead the Celtiberians to victory, and to still provide some assistance to the Celtiberians with his actions. His wish is that he had been born without his gifts so that he might lead a normal life and serve as a normal soldier. He is very closed off and can't firmly grasp the concept of right and wrong due to being isolated from civilization for most of his life. He despises being called special or being complimented for his natural skill and strength. He is fascinated with things that a child would like and wants to make up for his lost childhood. In this way he is also extremely jealous of those who take being normal for granted, and complain about not being special. When he has finally grown to trust his master he will show the extremely childish side of himself. Those that lie to him are rewarded with his distrust, as he can see through any lie no matter how skilled one is at deceiving others.
    Last edited by ZSB1999; July 1st, 2016 at 11:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't expecting a sheet of this guy, given the sole info I can find about him is two (very short) paragraphs long. He has a magic spear from the heavens, was a prophet and a general who rebelled against Rome. That's pretty much it. I actually contemplated doing him a while ago but abandoned it quickly once I realized how incredibly little is known about him.

As for your take... it's solid (as usual). Skills seem to fit though, again, it's hard to say what with how sparse his lore is. Wouldn't have expected the Lance to be Anti-Divine since it was a gift from the gods and all, but it fits your take on his character I guess. The title 'Lance of Destined Greatness' makes him think of the Lance of Longinus almost...

Congrats on filling out such an undefined figure into a quite detailed and workable Heroic Spirit (with an interesting personality, even)!

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    This was basically the most I could find out about him. But I took the idea of him being a prophet and being "destined for greatness" and ran with it.

"But the chief trouble in the contest lay with the Lusitanians and the Numantines, and not without reason; for they were the only Spanish tribe that possessed leaders. There would have been trouble also with all the Celtiberians had not the leader of their rising, Olyndicus — a man of great craft and daring, if only fortune had favoured him — been put out of the way early in the war. 14 This man, brandishing a silver spear which he claimed had been sent from heaven, and behaving like a prophet, had attracted general attention; but having, with corresponding temerity, approached the consul's camp under the cover of night, he ended his career by the javelin of a sentry close to the very tent of the consul."

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...itome/1I*.html

Viriathus is a much better Celtiberian to make a sheet of, but I'm stubborn so I chose the more difficult servant.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Very solid sheet here. Olyndicus is a strong all rounder, like a somewhat nerfed Cu Chulainn with the Lance of Longinus thrown in for good measure. His personality is very well thought out here which is always nice to see.

That E rank luck though, being lancer is suffering. But half my lancers and more have that rank so they can all suffer together.
    His Clairvoyance is the same level as what I gave to my Cassandra of Troy so they could start a "We can see the future and we hate it" club.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't sure what to do with his spear because some sources were like "Its Gae Assil" others were like "It's the original Lance of Longinus" so I just decided "screw both the sources I'll make the lance be able to be shot down from the sky!"

Blog Entries
    This was basically the most I could find out about him. But I took the idea of him being a prophet and being "destined for greatness" and ran with it.

"But the chief trouble in the contest lay with the Lusitanians and the Numantines, and not without reason; for they were the only Spanish tribe that possessed leaders. There would have been trouble also with all the Celtiberians had not the leader of their rising, Olyndicus — a man of great craft and daring, if only fortune had favoured him — been put out of the way early in the war. 14 This man, brandishing a silver spear which he claimed had been sent from heaven, and behaving like a prophet, had attracted general attention; but having, with corresponding temerity, approached the consul's camp under the cover of night, he ended his career by the javelin of a sentry close to the very tent of the consul."

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...itome/1I*.html

Viriathus is a much better Celtiberian to make a sheet of, but I'm stubborn so I chose the more difficult servant.
    Huh. Looks like you found more on this guy then I ever managed to.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Oh and for Cuhlwch, you could give him Protection from arrows naturally, and have Bedwyr instead give him an ability to return ranged attacks to sender, you could also make this an ability that can only be used if Cuhlwch pays mana equal to that of both Bedwyr and Menw. And you could add a low rank off mana burst (flames) to Cei, or the whole "Unhealing wounds" effect, if you want to add more to him

Blog Entries
    Oh and for Cuhlwch, you could give him Protection from arrows naturally, and have Bedwyr instead give him an ability to return ranged attacks to sender, you could also make this an ability that can only be used if Cuhlwch pays mana equal to that of both Bedwyr and Menw. And you could add a low rank off mana burst (flames) to Cei, or the whole "Unhealing wounds" effect, if you want to add more to him
    I'd say I'm fairly satisfied on how the sheet turned out in the end. Thanks anyway though.

Blog Entries
    Class: Caster
    Master:
    True Name: Otto von Bismarck, the Iron Chancellor
    Sex: Male
    Height/Weight: 190cm/86kg
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance

Stats
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: X
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Caster was in no way a Magus, nor does he have any kind of ability to supplement this.

Item Construction: E-
    The skill to manufacture magical items. Caster cannot create any magical items whatsoever. However, he can write some very good speeches.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation: C
    The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. In life, Caster was shot twice from behind and was able to spin around and apprehend his assailant, only to get shot three more times before they were taken into custody.

Charisma: A
    The natural talent to command others. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Caster was able to successfully lead the united German Empire without being the Emperor and manipulate other countries into maintaining the peace while also weakening his enemies.

Human Observation: B-
    A technique to observe and understand people. Caster’s easy chat combines blunt truths, partial revelations, and outright deceptions. He possesses an extraordinary double ability to see how groups will react and the willingness to use violence to make them obey, the capacity to read group behavior and the force to make them move to his will. He could be described as ‘a kind of malign genius who, behind the various postures, concealed an ice-cold contempt for his fellow human beings and a methodical determination to control and ruin them.’ He is intimidating and unscrupulous, playing to others' frailties, not their strengths.

Pioneer of the Stars: EX
    The unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in the human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized". Caster was not the first person to attempt to unify Germany, but unlike his predecessors he succeeded, and in doing so he forever altered the course of history.

Noble Phantasm
    Blut und Eisen, the Chancellor’s politik: C+ (Anti-Group)
    The crystallization of Caster’s most famous speech which, in some ways, became more famous than him. The speech, and by extension the Noble Phantasm, could be considered a representation of Caster’s machtpolitik (power politics) through which he dominated the European balance of power at his time.

Blut und Eisen has the effect of a mental compulsion to his words, one which requires at least A-Rank resistance to Mental Interference to resist at all. When Blut und Eisen (and it always is by default, though Caster cab deactivate it to save mana) is in effect, all of Caster’s words will carry the effect they are meant to - every threat will trigger fear, every word of advice will inspire, etc…

While Blut und Eisen is a suitable Noble Phantasm for a skilled manipulator such as Caster, it’s combat potential is… lacking, to say the least.

Welp, this is my Bismarck sheet. I was actually almost done with him, so it wasn't very hard to finish this. I'm not entirely satisfied with him, but I'm kind of stuck on what else I could possibly do with the guy...
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Blut und Eisen seems similar to the skill Incitement EX. Is there anything that distinguishes it?

Blog Entries
    I'd say Bismark should have Territory Creation at some rank (even if E or D). There's no precedent for a Heroic Spirit straight-out not having their Class Skills unless they've been overwritten by other Skills or abilities they possess, which isn't the case for Bismarck.

Charisma (A) seems maybe a little high, I don't know enough about Bismarck to say if he really had 'the highest level of popularity affordable to a human being' equal to Alexander the Great. Then again, it's not like he has many other strong points to fall back on so I can see hyping him up in that regard...

Not crazy over the NP. It's limits aren't clearly stated and, as is, it seems like he can just brainwash everybody in the Grail War without A-ranked Magic Resistance or resistance to mental interference. ZSB1999 gave Cicero a conceptually similar NP, but it had six key limitations (can only be used in his territory, can only be used on those who consider him an ally, et cetera...) while yours is active by default. What you don't make clear is just how much power the NP has on those who fall under its effects. Is it just they find his words magically extra compelling, literal mind-control, something in between, or what?

I get that you want to give him a powerful NP to make up for how utterly lackluster he is otherwise but as is, it stands in need of some major clarification.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Blut und Eisen seems similar to the skill Incitement EX. Is there anything that distinguishes it?
    Probably not..? I first started working on the sheet before I had read about any of the F/GO Servants and their Skills, lost interest in making it and have returned and finished it just now, so...

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'd say Bismark should have Territory Creation at some rank (even if E or D). There's no precedent for a Heroic Spirit straight-out not having their Class Skills unless they've been overwritten by other Skills or abilities they possess, which isn't the case for Bismarck.

Charisma (A) seems maybe a little high, I don't know enough about Bismarck to say if he really had 'the highest level of popularity affordable to a human being' equal to Alexander the Great. Then again, it's not like he has many other strong points to fall back on so I can see hyping him up in that regard...

Not crazy over the NP. It's limits aren't clearly stated and, as is, it seems like he can just brainwash everybody in the Grail War without A-ranked Magic Resistance or resistance to mental interference. ZSB1999 gave Cicero a conceptually similar NP, but it had six key limitations (can only be used in his territory, can only be used on those who consider him an ally, et cetera...) while yours is active by default. What you don't make clear is just how much power the NP has on those who fall under its effects. Is it just they find his words magically extra compelling, literal mind-control, something in between, or what?

I get that you want to give him a powerful NP to make up for how utterly lackluster he is otherwise but as is, it stands in need of some major clarification.
    Yeah, this is definitely one of my worst sheets. I don't really know how to fix the problems without just scrapping him and remaking the entire sheet, though, so I'll probably just leave it as it is.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants