Page 772 of 782 FirstFirst ... 272672722762767770771772773774777 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,440 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

I don't think you know what the pluses and minuses mean.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Pluses mean that in certain situations the stat is higher than what it says. For example in certain scenarios C+ can be greater than B or A. Where as a minus simply represents that the ranking is unstable. For example C- could actually be lower than C and be closer to D rank. But, you have a point I went a little crazy with the pluses on that sheet. I have edited them out for the most part.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sisyphus is certainly an interesting choice for a Servant. I remember thinking of writing up a Sisyphus sheet myself once but it never went anywhere since I never thought of any good ideas for his NPs (that weren't just bland Enkidu rips). Your take on him works pretty well. Eternal Labor is of course a fitting Skill. I probably would've just given him Mad Enhancement with the description stating how his variant is different then others, (like I did with Orpheus) but having it as a unique Skill works too. God Slayer name doesn't quite fit (after all, he never killed a god) but the idea certainly does so that's just a quibble.

His first NP is quite creative. Being able to 'capture death' making it so the opponent can't die is something I'd never of thought of. Draining the target's lifeforce is a suitably sadistic touch (reminds me a bit of that deal with Kirei and the orphans from Fate). Since they can't 'die' I presume when their lifeforce = zero they just sort of lie there as a dessicated husk? Probably dying immediately once the chain is revoked.

Bindings Of Hades... when was Sisyphus ever described as binding Hades in his legend? He bound Thanatos, got caught, tricked Hades to escape and then got caught again. Unless I'm misremembering something he only ever bound Thanatos, not Hades. Though you could easily spin it as reflecting his own punishments on the opponent in some way.

Also, it's nice to see you back on the forum ZSB! I was starting to wonder what had happened to you...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see you back ZSB! I didn't think that guy was Heroic Spirit material but you've certainly put a good twist on him. I'd comment on him but everything I have to say has been said already aside from that I'm not sure how he could be a Rider...

On a different note, does anyone know of any dragon riders or tamers because I'm having a surprisingly hard time of it.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Dragon riding is very, very rare in mythology. I think Anne McCaffrey basically invented them.

I think Urobuchi originally wanted Zero Rider to have a dragon? And then he changed it because he couldn't find any dragon riding legends. Hell, even Martha having the skill is I think a rather liberal interpretation of her legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Hell, even Martha having the skill is I think a rather liberal interpretation of her legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    An interpretation that that artist chose to use is still an intepretation. I think the source simply has her taming the Tarasque, does not mention whether or not riding was involved.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Nice to see you back ZSB! I didn't think that guy was Heroic Spirit material but you've certainly put a good twist on him. I'd comment on him but everything I have to say has been said already aside from that I'm not sure how he could be a Rider...

On a different note, does anyone know of any dragon riders or tamers because I'm having a surprisingly hard time of it.
    Buddha rode a dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    How to train your Tarasque.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Huangdi, the mythical first Emperor of China, was said to ride a chariot pulled by four dragons and an elephant in some stories. Is that close enough?

I'd thought of doing him as a Heroic Spirit but couldn't think of any interesting enough NPs (other then the obvious dragon chariot).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Dragon chariots are pretty common, Medea has one.
    Medea would've been really scary had she been summoned as anything besides a Caster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    An interpretation that that artist chose to use is still an intepretation. I think the source simply has her taming the Tarasque, does not mention whether or not riding was involved.

erryday until you like it

- - - Updated - - -

wait that's a different saint
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    wait that's a different saint
    In which case, Hermes's problem is solved.

Her name is St. Margaret. Get on it.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Kim Jong-il. Worshiped by 21 million NKoreans.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your help! I'll make St Maggie and the paladin figure when I get back from holiday in a couple of days.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; July 21st, 2016 at 01:31 PM.

I's hard to keep up with the topic, I'll comment on the last 2.

Adapa Caster is pretty strong, but should be for her divinity status and being very old. Having wings torn from a divinity as a NP is amusing.

Sisyphus: I have seen the first version, now it's more balanced but... As a Berserker I personaly wanted him to be bit stronger than the current version

Servant Assassin
    Identity: 47 Ronin
    Origin: Japan
    Alignment: Varies

Stats:

Strength: E~A
    Endurance: E~A
    Agility: E~A
    Magic: E~A
    Luck: E~A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Bio
    Spoiler:

The revenge of the forty-seven Rōnin, is an 18th-century historical event and a legend in Japan in which a band of rōnin (leaderless samurai) avenged the death of their master. A noted Japanese scholar described the tale as the best known example of the samurai code of honor, bushidō, and as the country's "national legend."

The story tells of a group of samurai who were left leaderless (becoming rōnin) after their daimyo (feudal lord) Asano Naganori was compelled to commit seppuku (ritual suicide) for assaulting a court official named Kira Yoshinaka. The rōnin avenged their master's honor by killing Kira, after waiting and planning for a year.

In Genroku 15, on the 14th day of the 12th month, early in the morning in a driving wind during a heavy fall of snow, Ōishi (the leader) and the ronin attacked Kira Yoshinaka's mansion in Edo. According to a carefully laid-out plan, they split up into two groups and attacked, armed with swords and bows. One group, led by Ōishi, was to attack the front gate; the other, led by his son, Ōishi Chikara, was to attack the house via the back gate. A drum would sound the simultaneous attack, and a whistle would signal that Kira was dead. Kira was beheaded.

The shogunate officials in Edo were in a quandary. The samurai had followed the precepts of bushido by avenging the death of their lord; but they had also defied the shogunate authority by exacting revenge, which had been prohibited. In addition, the Shogun received a number of petitions from the admiring populace on behalf of the ronin. As expected, the ronin were sentenced to death for the murder of Kira; but the Shogun had finally resolved the quandary by ordering them to honorably commit seppuku instead of having them executed as criminals.

Class Skills

Presence Concealment C - Is the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant.

Personal Skills

Raid (B) – Is the capacity to make successful invasions. Can avoid traps on enemy territory. Negates the effect of Subversive Activities with the same rank.

~Varies. Typically, each Assassin will have one more Personal Skill.

Noble Phantasm

Bushido: Code of Honor (B)

A special Noble Phantasm that permits the 47 Ronin to be invoked as one servant.

Their strengths and abilities vary.

This Noble Phantasm has a limitation, however. Each Ronin can only kill once, and then he will die by committing Senpoku. Even if the master uses a Command Seal so it does not make commit, he will die anyway.

The ronin do not need to kill directly, but to participate on the fight which results on the target being killed to activate this effect. (So, if I allot 5 ronins to successful kill Saber or the master, those 5 die and I’m left with 42).

That was... easy to make But I had this idea on my head for a while until I could think something that is not a completely Hundred Hassan rip-off.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The 47 Ronin seem alright actually. Naturally there are similarities between them and Hundred-Faced Hassan which you've already addressed yourself. You said that each samurai has different stats and skills, if you showed an example of one (such as their leader Ōishi) that would add a bit of flair to differentiate between the ronin and hassan further.