Page 631 of 858 FirstFirst ... 131531581621626629630631632633636641681731 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,620 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Wah-hoo

oh lord please forgive me

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Identity:
    Ferdiad
    Height:
    188 cm
    Weight:
    76 kg
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Attribute: Human
    Origin:
    Ulster cycle, Ireland
    Armament:
    Spear
    Natural enemy:
    Medb

Parameters:

Strength:
    B
    Endurance:
    C
    Agility:
    A
    Mana:
    C
    Luck:
    E
    NP:
    C+

Background
    One of the best warriors of Connacht, Ferdiad was one of the select few that could study in the Land of Shadows, Dún Scaith, under the tutelage of the witch Scáthach. Having been there since a few years before the Child of Light, Cú Chulainn, Ferdiad quickly became like an older brother for him, training together and competing on even grounds for the cursed spear, Gáe Bolg. At the end of their training, it was Cú Chulainn who obtained the demonic spear. Having exchanged the vow of brotherhood, Ferdiad could only be proud of him, as a veteran, as a brother, and as a friend. Both fighters left on the same day, and before parting ways, they asked each other.

“How about coming to my country?”

Seeing how none of them would change his mind, the two friends laughed at that realization. Cú Chulainn returned to Ulster, and Ferdiad went back to Connacht.

Some time later, the queen Medb would start a war against Ulster to obtain the bull Donn Cuailnge. Ferdiad, being a man of her land, obviously was among the soldiers of her troops. Hoping to obtain fame and glory as a hero on the battlefield, Ferdiad marched with only one fear in his heart: to have to defeat Cú Chulainn. Much to his misfortune, that fear eventually came to be true. Medb had agreed with the champion of Ulster to fight him in one-versus-one duels, but nobody had managed to defeat him. Knowing about Ferdiad’s training at the Land of Shadows, she ordered him to fight, an order he refused. There was no way he could fight his friend and brother. He couldn’t see him as an enemy. Ferdiad only put a foot on the ford designated as a battlefield after Medb threatened him to be made a fool by a bard, the greatest offense a warrior could receive. It was only by attacking his pride that he moved, none of the queen’s incentives or rewards caught his interest. Even so, he was still reluctant, and forced Medb to vow six times that she wouldn’t dirty his name.

After being merrily greeted by Cú, Ferdiad gloomily warned him that, due to circumstances out of his control, he wasn’t there to renew their friendship, but to battle. The ensuing fight was largely intense. It lasted until nightfall, and there weren’t any signs of one taking advantage over the other. The fighters decided to continue the duel the next day, and retreated. Despite being enemies, they shared their food, kept their horses in the same stable, and slept at the same place. The following day, the results were the same. The match was still at a draw, and the combatants rested together during the night. The outcome would be decided the third day.

Two long days of struggling later, Ferdiad had finally concluded that, since they both had to serve their lords, one life had to be taken to defend an honor that was nothing compared to their friendship. And he wasn’t going to be the one to die. Much to his grief, he’d take his friend’s life to put a finish to this dead end, and mourn him properly. Free of doubts, he managed to get the upper hand and corner the seemingly unbeatable Cú Chulainn, but that advantage didn’t last long. They were equal in power, but there was still something Cú had that Ferdiad didn’t, something that decided everything instantly. The crimson spear soared to the chest of the warrior of Connacht and impaled his heart, killing him on the spot. Held on his brother’s arms, Ferdiad’s last words were these:

Gáe Bolg is a glory given to only the most gifted of warriors. In that brilliant hall of learning, you were our pride.”

Despite having been the first victim of the barbed spear, Ferdiad was unarguably one of the best warriors of Ireland. Without possessing any magic weapon, nor a gift from the gods, just being human, he was as mighty as the mightiest. While Cú Chulainn could be considered a man among gods for being a demigod, Ferdiad could be considered a god among men for achieving a feat no other normal human could achieve.

Personality
    A young adult with an almost permanent smile in his face. Despite being an experienced warrior and a powerful hero, Ferdiad claims to be but a mere human. He may look carefree and laid-back, but he’s actually a hard worker. In effect, he appreciates effort and training, and assures that any other soldier could become as strong as him if they tried hard.

Although he’s confident in his ability, Ferdiad isn’t arrogant. He says he’s strong because he is. But still, it isn’t enough. He aspires to get stronger and stronger, so he’ll train to improve and become better than what he is. Because he has a sense of honor, he’ll never resort to dirty tricks. If training isn’t enough, he’ll just train harder and harder.

Treatment with the Master:
    Depending on the age of his Master, Ferdiad will act either as an old brother or as a veteran. Regardless of the age difference, he deals with them as someone with more experience in life. Because he tries to tilt the scales of battle in his favor, he seeks to train the Master should he consider they’re not strong enough.

Strength apart, the only thing Ferdiad wants from his Master is mutual trust. He values friendship greatly, so he’ll attempt to obtain it from them. If he isn’t able to establish a bond with his Master, especially if they’re one that don’t have any consideration with his feelings, he’ll become upset and refuse to obey.

“What I like? Of course, training! I’m just human, so I’ll get soft if I don’t train properly, hahahahahaha!”

Dislikes:
    “Friendship is very valuable to me, you know? There’s honor too, but it’s not the same. That’s why I can’t stand selfish people that ignore others’ feelings and tell you to do the same… Like that girl…”

Wish for the Grail: “I have regrets like everyone else, duh, but I don’t really want to wish anything. Normal people die with regrets, but they don’t have a second chance. It’d be unfair if I had it, don’t you think?”

Skills
    Class skills

Magic Resistance C
    At this rank, it grants protection against spells with a chant lower than two verses, but magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals ignores this skill’s effects easily. Hitting Ferdiad with spells on such a level is difficult, though, thanks to his great Agility. Only the most skilled Casters could be able to do something about it. Because of that, this rank could be considered more than enough.

Personal skills

Rune Magecraft B
    Possession and knowledge of Runes, Magical Crest of Norse origin. During his stay in Dún Scaith, Ferdiad was taught how to use the 18 original Runes, probably because of Scáthach’s policy of “The warriors of the Land of Shadows must be proficient in every martial art; a warrior that just swings a spear shall not be raised”. Even without being a Caster, Ferdiad is a first-rate magus, on the same level as his friend Cú Chulainn. His Runes have multiple purposes, such as applying effects equivalents to those of Magic Resistance or Clairvoyance, raising parameters to A, tracking, etc. The fire Rune Ansuz is one of his preferred, helping him at times when he needs to fight more offensively. Downside is that the effects are temporary, and multiple Runes cannot be used simultaneously.

Disengage C
    Ability to change the tides of battle so that the situation is favorable for oneself, either to withdraw safely or to reset the battle conditions. At C rank, there’s a bonus of changing conditions to those of the beginning of battle (first turn), as well as resetting the status of techniques.

Eye of the Mind (True) B

An increased capacity of observation, a weapon wielded by none other than a mortal, that has been refined through severe training and discipline. The opponent’s movements can be easily predicted by using the data collected until the present time. As long as there’s a 1% chance of winning, chances of winning are increased greatly.
    Even when in danger, Ferdiad is capable of grasping the situation and deducing an appropriate course of action after considering the possibilities to escape from a predicament, thanks to his strict training at the Land of Shadows. With this skill, he, who didn’t possess the same natural ability to repel arrows that Cú Chulainn had, can deal with projectiles more easily than other warriors.

Noble Phantasm
    Bennach Bíanarm
    Horned skin armor

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    C+
    Description:

“Sorry, but you can’t cut this skin of mine so easily. Better luck next time.”

The legend says that Cú Chulainn and Ferdiad were even at everything in terms of skill in combat, except for two things: Cú’s Gáe Bolg, and Ferdiad’s horned skin that no normal weapon could pierce.

A continuously active Noble Phantasm, Ferdiad’s skin is harder than average armor, as if his body was coated with metal. Besides providing a rank-up to Endurance, damage received by physical attacks is reduced one rank. As for damage from blades (stabbing and slashing), they receive an additional rank-down. Noble Phantasms don’t see their rank reduced, but the damage they deal is reduced in the same way as normal attacks. For example, a C-rank Noble Phantasm, that would normally deal the same damage as an A-rank attack, would deal the damage of a B-rank attack (C-rank if it’s a cutting or piercing attack).

The flawof this Noble Phantasm is that its effect is only applied to the skin. Zones like the eyes or internal organs, uncovered by the skin, don’t obtain any benefit from this Noble Phantasm. Because of that, a cursed spear that strikes the heart while ignoring any kind of protection would spell certain death for him.

To enhance his skills in battle, Ferdiad has found out a convenient way of using his armor even offensively if so he wills. Instead of using his Noble Phantasm as a continuously active one, he applies it only to a part of his body, such as his fists or his legs. The affected part boasts a somewhat greater hardness than usual, but at the cost of leaving the rest of his body more vulnerable. The hardness isn’t employed only to protect himself, but also to attack. Punching with a fist of steel isn’t the same as punching with a fist of flesh, that’s the base thought for this variation of Ferdiad’s Noble Phantasm.

Relations
    Cú Chulainn: “Yo, Cú! Long time no see! How lucky of us to be on the same side this time, hahaha! Say, wanna go for some beers? I’ll pay the first round.”

Cú Chulainn (Caster): “Caster-class?! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?! I’d have prepared more Runes or something!”

Cú Chulainn (Alter):
    “I didn’t expect this… To see you in that wretched shape, Cú… You’re now like a puppet for the woman you decided to defeat… It’s so sad…”

Scáthach: “Teacher?! Why the hell is she dual wielding Gáe Bolg?! I mean, I thought it was only one spear!”

Scáthach Skadi: “You know, Master? I think Teacher is too old to be wearing pretty dresses like a princess. I mean, she was already old when I arrived to the Land of Shadows, and she hasn’t died yet, so she’s super-old. Owowowowowow! Where did you come from, Teacher?! Ouchouchouchouch! Stop pulling my ear like that!”

Medb: “Ah, that spoiled brat of a queen has come too… After what she made me do, I don’t think I can like her… She’s too selfish… She only cares about herself…”

Fergus mac Róich: “Fergus?! As in Cú's uncle and the owner of Caladbolg?! This is a great chance! We were on the same side, but I couldn't battle with him! I hope he lets me spar with him!"

I was hoping to find something similar to Bulat from Akame ga Kill but without the pompadour for the FC, but Caesar Zeppeli fits Ferdiad a lot, considering his story. Just in case you don't understand the variation of his Noble Phantasms, it's something like this:
    Last edited by King of Padoru; July 30th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Lancer
    Identity:
    Ferdiad
    Height:
    188 cm
    Weight:
    76 kg
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Attribute: Human
    Origin:
    Ulster cycle, Ireland
    Armament:
    Spear
    Natural enemy:
    Medb

Parameters:

Strength:
    B
    Endurance:
    C
    Agility:
    A
    Mana:
    C
    Luck:
    E
    NP:
    C+

Background
    One of the best warriors of Connacht, Ferdiad was one of the select few that could study in the Land of Shadows, Dún Scaith, under the tutelage of the witch Scáthach. Having been there since a few years before the Child of Light, Cú Chulainn, Ferdiad quickly became like an older brother for him, training together and competing on even grounds for the cursed spear, Gáe Bolg. At the end of their training, it was Cú Chulainn who obtained the demonic spear. Having exchanged the vow of brotherhood, Ferdiad could only be proud of him, as a veteran, as a brother, and as a friend. Both fighters left on the same day, and before parting ways, they asked each other.

“How about coming to my country?”

Seeing how none of them would change his mind, the two friends laughed at that realization. Cú Chulainn returned to Ulster, and Ferdiad went back to Connacht.

Some time later, the queen Medb would start a war against Ulster to obtain the bull Donn Cuailnge. Ferdiad, being a man of her land, obviously was among the soldiers of her troops. Hoping to obtain fame and glory as a hero on the battlefield, Ferdiad marched with only one fear in his heart: to have to defeat Cú Chulainn. Much to his misfortune, that fear eventually came to be true. Medb had agreed with the champion of Ulster to fight him in one-versus-one duels, but nobody had managed to defeat him. Knowing about Ferdiad’s training at the Land of Shadows, she ordered him to fight, an order he refused. There was no way he could fight his friend and brother. He couldn’t see him as an enemy. Ferdiad only put a foot on the ford designated as a battlefield after Medb threatened him to be made a fool by a bard, the greatest offense a warrior could receive. It was only by attacking his pride that he moved, none of the queen’s incentives or rewards caught his interest. Even so, he was still reluctant, and forced Medb to vow six times that she wouldn’t dirty his name.

After being merrily greeted by Cú, Ferdiad gloomily warned him that, due to circumstances out of his control, he wasn’t there to renew their friendship, but to battle. The ensuing fight was largely intense. It lasted until nightfall, and there weren’t any signs of one taking advantage over the other. The fighters decided to continue the duel the next day, and retreated. Despite being enemies, they shared their food, kept their horses in the same stable, and slept at the same place. The following day, the results were the same. The match was still at a draw, and the combatants rested together during the night. The outcome would be decided the third day.

Two long days of struggling later, Ferdiad had finally concluded that, since they both had to serve their lords, one life had to be taken to defend an honor that was nothing compared to their friendship. And he wasn’t going to be the one to die. Much to his grief, he’d take his friend’s life to put a finish to this dead end, and mourn him properly. Free of doubts, he managed to get the upper hand and corner the seemingly unbeatable Cú Chulainn, but that advantage didn’t last long. They were equal in power, but there was still something Cú had that Ferdiad didn’t, something that decided everything instantly. The crimson spear soared to the chest of the warrior of Connacht and impaled his heart, killing him on the spot. Held on his brother’s arms, Ferdiad’s last words were these:

Gáe Bolg is a glory given to only the most gifted of warriors. In that brilliant hall of learning, you were our pride.”

Despite having been the first victim of the barbed spear, Ferdiad was unarguably one of the best warriors of Ireland. Without possessing any magic weapon, nor a gift from the gods, just being human, he was as mighty as the mightiest. While Cú Chulainn could be considered a man among gods for being a demigod, Ferdiad could be considered a god among men for achieving a feat no other normal human could achieve.

Personality
    A young adult with an almost permanent smile in his face. Despite being an experienced warrior and a powerful hero, Ferdiad claims to be but a mere human. He may look carefree and laid-back, but he’s actually a hard worker. In effect, he appreciates effort and training, and assures that any other soldier could become as strong as him if they tried hard.

Although he’s confident in his ability, Ferdiad isn’t arrogant. He says he’s strong because he is. But still, it isn’t enough. He aspires to get stronger and stronger, so he’ll train to improve and become better than what he is. Because he has a sense of honor, he’ll never resort to dirty tricks. If training isn’t enough, he’ll just train harder and harder.

Treatment with the Master:
    Depending on the age of his Master, Ferdiad will act either as an old brother or as a veteran. Regardless of the age difference, he deals with them as someone with more experience in life. Because he tries to tilt the scales of battle in his favor, he seeks to train the Master should he consider they’re not strong enough.

Strength apart, the only thing Ferdiad wants from his Master is mutual trust. He values friendship greatly, so he’ll attempt to obtain it from them. If he isn’t able to establish a bond with his Master, especially if they’re one that don’t have any consideration with his feelings, he’ll become upset and refuse to obey.

“What I like? Of course, training! I’m just human, so I’ll get soft if I don’t train properly, hahahahahaha!”

Dislikes:
    “Friendship is very valuable to me, you know? There’s honor too, but it’s not the same. That’s why I can’t stand selfish people that ignore others’ feelings and tell you to do the same… Like that girl…”

Wish for the Grail: “I have regrets like everyone else, duh, but I don’t really want to wish anything. Normal people die with regrets, but they don’t have a second chance. It’d be unfair if I had it, don’t you think?”

Skills
    Class skills

Magic Resistance C
    At this rank, it grants protection against spells with a chant lower than two verses, but magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals ignores this skill’s effects easily. Hitting Ferdiad with spells on such a level is difficult, though, thanks to his great Agility. Only the most skilled Casters could be able to do something about it. Because of that, this rank could be considered more than enough.

Personal skills

Rune Magecraft B

Possession and knowledge of Runes, Magical Crest of Norse origin. During his stay in Dún Scaith, Ferdiad was taught how to use the 18 original Runes, probably because of Scáthach’s policy of “The warriors of the Land of Shadows must be proficient in every martial art; a warrior that just swings a spear shall not be raised”. Even without being a Caster, Ferdiad is a first-rate magus, on the same level as his friend Cú Chulainn. His Runes have multiple purposes, such as applying effects equivalents to those of Magic Resistance or Clairvoyance, raising parameters to A, tracking, etc. The fire Rune Ansuz is one of his preferred, helping him at times when he needs to fight more offensively. Downside is that the effects are temporary, and multiple Runes cannot be used simultaneously.

Disengage C
    Ability to change the tides of battle so that the situation is favorable for oneself, either to withdraw safely or to reset the battle conditions. At C rank, there’s a bonus of changing conditions to those of the beginning of battle (first turn), as well as resetting the status of techniques.

Eye of the Mind (True) B

An increased capacity of observation, a weapon wielded by none other than a mortal, that has been refined through severe training and discipline. The opponent’s movements can be easily predicted by using the data collected until the present time. As long as there’s a 1% chance of winning, chances of winning are increased greatly.
    Even when in danger, Ferdiad is capable of grasping the situation and deducing an appropriate course of action after considering the possibilities to escape from a predicament, thanks to his strict training at the Land of Shadows. With this skill, he, who didn’t possess the same natural ability to repel arrows that Cú Chulainn had, can deal with projectiles more easily than other warriors.

Noble Phantasm
    Bennach Bíanarm
    Horned skin armor

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    C+
    Description:

“Sorry, but you can’t cut this skin of mine so easily. Better luck next time.”

The legend says that Cú Chulainn and Ferdiad were even at everything in terms of skill in combat, except for two things: Cú’s Gáe Bolg, and Ferdiad’s horned skin that no normal weapon could pierce.

A continuously active Noble Phantasm, Ferdiad’s skin is harder than average armor, as if his body was coated with metal. Besides providing a rank-up to Endurance, damage received by physical attacks is reduced one rank. As for damage from blades (stabbing and slashing), they receive an additional rank-down. Noble Phantasms don’t see their rank reduced, but the damage they deal is reduced in the same way as normal attacks. For example, a C-rank Noble Phantasm, that would normally deal the same damage as an A-rank attack, would deal the damage of a B-rank attack (C-rank if it’s a cutting or piercing attack).

The flawof this Noble Phantasm is that its effect is only applied to the skin. Zones like the eyes or internal organs, uncovered by the skin, don’t obtain any benefit from this Noble Phantasm. Because of that, a cursed spear that strikes the heart while ignoring any kind of protection would spell certain death for him.

To enhance his skills in battle, Ferdiad has found out a convenient way of using his armor even offensively if so he wills. Instead of using his Noble Phantasm as a continuously active one, he applies it only to a part of his body, such as his fists or his legs. The affected part boasts a somewhat greater hardness than usual, but at the cost of leaving the rest of his body more vulnerable. The hardness isn’t employed only to protect himself, but also to attack. Punching with a fist of steel isn’t the same as punching with a fist of flesh, that’s the base thought for this variation of Ferdiad’s Noble Phantasm.

Relations
    Cú Chulainn: “Yo, Cú! Long time no see! How lucky of us to be on the same side this time, hahaha! Say, wanna go for some beers? I’ll pay the first round.”

Cú Chulainn (Caster): “Caster-class?! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?! I’d have prepared more Runes or something!”

Cú Chulainn (Alter):
    “I didn’t expect this… To see you in that wretched shape, Cú… You’re now like a puppet for the woman you decided to defeat… It’s so sad…”

Scáthach: “Teacher?! Why the hell is she dual wielding Gáe Bolg?! I mean, I thought it was only one spear!”

Scáthach Skadi: “You know, Master? I think Teacher is too old to be wearing pretty dresses like a princess. I mean, she was already old when I arrived to the Land of Shadows, and she hasn’t died yet, so she’s super-old. Owowowowowow! Where did you come from, Teacher?! Ouchouchouchouch! Stop pulling my ear like that!”

Medb: “Ah, that spoiled brat of a queen has come too… After what she made me do, I don’t think I can’t like her… She’s too selfish… She only cares about herself…”

Fergus mac Róich: “Fergus?! As in Cú's uncle and the owner of Caladbolg?! This is a great chance! We were on the same side, but I couldn't battle with him! I hope he lets me spar with him!"

I was hoping to find something similar to Bulat from Akame ga Kill but without the pompadour for the FC, but Caesar Zeppeli fits Ferdiad a lot, considering his story. Just in case you don't understand the variation of his Noble Phantasms, it's something like this:
    Approved by an Ulsterman.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    And the picture you used for Ferdiad's face is none other than Caesar Zeppeli. It's funny, but it does fit, since Caesar and Joseph had a similar relationship as fellow students as Ferdiad and Cu Chullain had, aside from having to fight and kill each other and complete with the homoerotic subtext (or text, depending on who you ask).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yup, that was the reason why I chose that FC

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Yup, that was the reason why I chose that FC
    Now that I think of it, Lisa Lisa, Joseph, and Caesar all mirror different aspects of that part of the Ulster Cycle. Lisa Lisa is the mysterious, beautiful mentor, Joseph is the goofy prodigy protagonist from a distinguished bloodline, and Caesar is the rival turned bosom companion who competes with Joseph at every turn and is later killed off, something Joseph carries with him for the rest of his very long life.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's a nifty Frey sheet. My only critique is about his fourth Personal Skill. I get that it fits his legend, but it doesn't feel right to me for Frey to have another Heroic Spirit's NP as his own, even in Skill form. Yes, some secondary NPs in GO are classified as Skills, but I think that's only for gameplay purposes and shouldn't be taken to imply other Servants could have them.

Also, out of curiosity, do you have any thoughts on my version of the guy I wrote up a while back?
    Yeah that's definitely fair enough, but I do still want to include something like Knight of Owner in some way. Conceptual predecessors are important in Fate, after all.

As for your Freyr...I'm really not too sure about the sword-spirit concept for Sumarbrandr, especially since there's no connection to any established canon, other than waifu bait. It's probably a nitpick, but personally I would have fashioned the spirit after Skirnir or something.
    As for the rest, you definitely focused on Freyr's aspect as a healing agricultural deity, which is fine. Not too sure about Peace of Freyr and having Golden Rule (Body) separate from Divine Core, since I think that's part of the composite skill. The Nerthus NP is something I never knew before, so that's really cool!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you don't want to remove Knight of Honor (sorry, but using Owner is to me almost the same as saying Altria), you can change the name and modify slightly the effect.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Yeah that's definitely fair enough, but I do still want to include something like Knight of Owner in some way. Conceptual predecessors are important in Fate, after all.

As for your Freyr...I'm really not too sure about the sword-spirit concept for Sumarbrandr, especially since there's no connection to any established canon, other than waifu bait. It's probably a nitpick, but personally I would have fashioned the spirit after Skirnir or something.
    As for the rest, you definitely focused on Freyr's aspect as a healing agricultural deity, which is fine. Not too sure about Peace of Freyr and having Golden Rule (Body) separate from Divine Core, since I think that's part of the composite skill. The Nerthus NP is something I never knew before, so that's really cool!
    I have to admit, for the sword spirit I was mainly inspired by Riordan's Gods Of Asgard series, which also featured Sumarbrandr as a sapient talking sword (albeit genderbent of course, because anime).

I have to admit, for the sword spirit I was mainly inspired by Riordan's Gods Of Asgard series, which also featured Sumarbrandr as a sapient talking sword (albeit genderbent of course, because anime).
    Ah, Jack. The sword stuck at the bottom of the Charles River for over 2000 years, yet loves himself some Top 40 hits and will chat up all the lady blades. I think it'd be hilarious if he was in the Nasuverse, he'd have so many weapons to try and chat up. Excalibur, Gae Bolg, so many others, he'd probably bust a sword nut.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Ah, Jack. The sword stuck at the bottom of the Charles River for over 2000 years, yet loves himself some Top 40 hits and will chat up all the lady blades. I think it'd be hilarious if he was in the Nasuverse, he'd have so many weapons to try and chat up. Excalibur, Gae Bolg, so many others, he'd probably bust a sword nut.
    Yeah, that'd be pretty amusing. "He'd" totally end up a cute girl in the Nasuverse though.

Good to meet another Riordan fan BTW. (Or at least I presume you're a fan going by your knowledge of the series)
    Last edited by RoydGolden; July 28th, 2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added paragraph

Yeah, that'd be pretty amusing. "He'd" totally end up a cute girl in the Nasuverse though.

Good to meet another Riordan fan BTW. (Or at least I presume you're a fan going by your knowledge of the series)
    Oh I am a total Riordan fan. Have read Percy Jackson and the Olympians a total of 6 times. Same goes for the Heroes of Olympus series, with my favorite books in that series being Son of Neptune and House of Hades. I've also read the Kane Chronicles and am currently reading Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo (how'd you feel about the death of you-know-who in the last book?). Yes, I know Jack is likely to get genderbent by the Nasuverse and also have a fanservicey human form, but I wish to the Gods that wouldn't happen. Also, a crossover between the Nasuverse and Riordanverse would be so interesting, but alas, the two are almost completely incompatible and irreconcilable.

Blog Entries
    Oh I am a total Riordan fan. Have read Percy Jackson and the Olympians a total of 6 times. Same goes for the Heroes of Olympus series, with my favorite books in that series being Son of Neptune and House of Hades. I've also read the Kane Chronicles and am currently reading Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo (how'd you feel about the death of you-know-who in the last book?). Yes, I know Jack is likely to get genderbent by the Nasuverse and also have a fanservicey human form, but I wish to the Gods that wouldn't happen. Also, a crossover between the Nasuverse and Riordanverse would be so interesting, but alas, the two are almost completely incompatible and irreconcilable.
    In the infinitely unlikely shard of the kaleidoscope where Magnus Chase gets adapted into an anime I have no doubt that Hotel Valhalla would become a high school and Jack would be a cute girl. Whether those would be good or bad things probably depends on your tolerance/fondness for cheesy anime tropes.

And I agree with you that a Nasu/Riordanverse crossover could be awesome, though reconciling the differences in setting between them would be pretty hard assuming you didn't take the obvious "Riordan character x gets summoned in a Grail War" route that's the holy grail of so many crossover writers. Actually, I remember a fic once that had Percy summoned by Kariya in the fourth Grail War, but bizarrely the author seemed to take away all of Percy's hilarious snarky personality in exchange for making him a generic honorable hero, so I didn't read beyond the first few chapters before getting bored and dropping it like a sack of bricks in the river Thames.

In the infinitely unlikely shard of the kaleidoscope where Magnus Chase gets adapted into an anime I have no doubt that Hotel Valhalla would become a high school and Jack would be a cute girl. Whether those would be good or bad things probably depends on your tolerance/fondness for cheesy anime tropes.

And I agree with you that a Nasu/Riordanverse crossover could be awesome, though reconciling the differences in setting between them would be pretty hard assuming you didn't take the obvious "Riordan character x gets summoned in a Grail War" route that's the holy grail of so many crossover writers. Actually, I remember a fic once that had Percy summoned by Kariya in the fourth Grail War, but bizarrely the author seemed to take away all of Percy's hilarious snarky personality in exchange for making him a generic honorable hero, so I didn't read beyond the first few chapters before getting bored and dropping it like a sack of bricks in the river Thames.
    For that first part, anime adaptions tend to be faithful to the source material, so such a severe change would be unlikely, though unfortunately Jack would have his gender changed, which honestly sucks. Also, I think Hotel Valhalla on its own makes a good anime setting.

For the second part, I think I know which fic you're talking about, and Percy's for some reason a Berserker? Or maybe that's a different fic. Either way, idea sucks ass, so whatever. It'd just be so funny attempting to reconcile the vastly different interpretations of mythological characters in both series, for example, what if Percy encountered Nasuverse Medusa? instead, and what if the Servant system existed, and they met again? That would be awkward. Also, what if Medea in Heroes of Olympus got Soichirou-sama resurrected with her? Or Merlin would drop in for the ride? Man, so many half-baked ideas and no way to implement them.

Blog Entries

David/Gun God

"Yoooo master! I'm so happy to be summoned by you! My name is- Shut up David.Sorry for that. Call me Gun God"
    Faceclaim
    Class: Archer
    True Name: David/Gun God
    Alignment: Chaotic good/True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Belem, Palestine (???)
    Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: D+
    AGI: C
    MGI: -
    LCK: A+
    NP: EX
    Likes/Dislikes: Doesn't have any likes or dislikes in particular, but enjoy food and guitar. He can't play or make anything, though. David on the other hand likes everything. "You don't know how inconvenient it is for me, master... I have someone so loud inside my head all the time..."
    Talent: Good aim
    Natural Enemy: Anything and anyone with any connection to angels
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Male, pseudo-servant
    Armament: Two especial guns
    Catalyst: A certain "great weapon of Atlas"
    Skills
    Class Skills:

Independent Action: A++
    At this rank the servant doesn't need any magical energy from his master except when using a Noble Phantasm, and can persist in this world without any energy source.If the servant has any anchor to the time where he is summoned, he can stay indefinitely without a master, without a proper anchor the servant can last almost indefinitely. Because of the Protection from the will to live skill David can stay indefinitely."I survived in a land where a human couldn't even breath. A magical war is like nothing to me"

Personal Skills:

Calm and Collected B+
    Never get confused in any kind of situation, can surpress his own emotions and calmly analyze the situation. Resistance against confusion and impatience.Gun god can hold his ground even against enemies several times larger or stronger.

Charisma E-
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.David have this skill only because he is the crystalization of a dream. His personality is the cause of the low rank."C'mon master! Let's play something! Don't want to do anything? Okay then, I will sing! ~Lalalal- SHUT THE FUCK UP DAVID YOU BASTARD. DON'T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITH MY BODY, GODDAMMIT!"

Protection from the will to live A++
    A Skill that carries the power of will of ones trying to survive at all costs in unthinkable situations. At A Rank or higher is capable of let one to passively ignore the condition of a divine punishment or even a state of being completely different of illness itself, like vampirism or lycanthropie, and increases massively the resistance against environment dangers like radiation, extreme heat or cold, mana poisoning and even the Counter force, if the rank is high enough. This Skill is the representation of what makes human beings.
    Gun God
    David
    is literally the crystalization of the will to live.

Lore

The body of a man, the essence of a legendDavid is a king of Israel that appears in the Old Testament.Originally a shepherd, he announced his candidacy to the one-on-one duel with the giant Goliath and defeated him.It has been said that afterwards - although there were a few quarrels with the king of that time - upon being splendidly enthroned as king, he carried out an excellent reign.That's the historic version. This version, however, is a bit different."Scared from the giant's excessive strength, nobody from the Israel army was able to oppose Goliath, but David alone accepted that duel and won."This tale fascinated inumerable generations...
    "One small man defeated a fearsome giant"
    ...inhabiting their minds, creating dreams
    and hopes
    Human hope is a very powerfull force, it can have unthinkable effects in the history and even in the World itself.But sadly this hope wasn't strong enough.To create a "complete" heroic spirit a force several times stronger is needed. The best this hope could create was a weak essence.This essence wandered different worlds and ages... But still the chance to find someone compatible enough was several orders of magnitude lower than what is needed to that actually happen.
    The "hope" always persists
    Then it found someone.In an improbable world, where improbable events took improbable turns, a certain man existed.A man maybe more improbable than that hope itself, surviving in a land of steel where no human could survive.The last human of a destroyed world, who achieved something that even the strongest beings couldn't achieve.

Personality
    Gun God is a taciturn man. It's not that he doesn't like to talk, he only doesn't know how to hold a conversation. After all, he was the last human being in his world. Calm and logical, Gun God don't know hesitation.
    David, however, is the complete opposite. In a pseudo-servant contract the servant uses the body of someone else, usually with a mutual agreement... But in this case David is basically an intruder, more like a spirit possessing a human.
    Basically, they fight for control of the body. Sometimes David is in control, sometimes Gun God, they switch without warning. It's more like a children's quarrel.
    David is like a lively, happy puppy, always talking and hyperative, inconsequently trying to help everyone in sight.
    This personality serves as a shell, to hide his uncertainity and insecurity.
    "One day, I saw someone in my dream. It looked like an angel, with wings and with its body covered in light, different from the ones I see everyday. At first I was amazed, until I took a closer look... that angel was crying. I couldn't see its face, but the sadness that surrounded it was so strong that anyone could feel it. I wanted to help it, that's why I accepted the contract... and that is how things worked out. Shit, my bad luck with angels is something out of this world..."
    Don't matter your origin, every being have at least a bit of hesitation when fighting something several orders of magnitude stronger than itself.
    NPs
    Black Barrel
    Hamesh Avanim

"They don't call me Gun God for nothing... Ha! This guy! I know that he just wants to show off his weapon!"

Type: Anti-unit
    Max targets: 1 - Everything in the bullet's path

A big black sniper. This gun is a "Conceptual Weapon of natural life-span", capable of imposing the notion of limited life-span into the body of near-immortal creatures. Composed of Fifth True Theoretical Element, bullets fired from the gun will disintegrate all instances of Magical energy and Ether they come into contact with, ignoring any parameters of beings that intake either substance to deliver direct damage or use then to sustain thenselves in this world. The greater the quantity of Magical energy, the more damage will be inflicted upon the enemy, and it is impossible to even hold it unless the body is free of such substance.This weapon is so powerfull that it have a wide "area of effect", affecting everything 5-meters around the bullet course. That's why it is dangerous.It can destroy spells too, then if the master is near the AoE there is a chance that the command spells will be destroyed.

Barrel Replica
    Last stone

Type: Anti-unit
    Max targets: 1

A small version of the Black Barrel for short-range fights. It has the same effect of destroying Magical energy, but in a much smaller scale.Equivalent to a blessed weapon, a bit weaker than the church's black keys.
    Creator Notes: First I thought of making him a genderbend (Gun God would have Rin's body), then I thought of giving him Shirou's body, and then- what the hell am I doing here I have to study
    Last edited by Criarino; August 21st, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Blog Entries
    For that first part, anime adaptions tend to be faithful to the source material, so such a severe change would be unlikely, though unfortunately Jack would have his gender changed, which honestly sucks. Also, I think Hotel Valhalla on its own makes a good anime setting.

For the second part, I think I know which fic you're talking about, and Percy's for some reason a Berserker? Or maybe that's a different fic. Either way, idea sucks ass, so whatever. It'd just be so funny attempting to reconcile the vastly different interpretations of mythological characters in both series, for example, what if Percy encountered Nasuverse Medusa? instead, and what if the Servant system existed, and they met again? That would be awkward. Also, what if Medea in Heroes of Olympus got Soichirou-sama resurrected with her? Or Merlin would drop in for the ride? Man, so many half-baked ideas and no way to implement them.
    The one on Spacebattles, right? I'm almost certain we're thinking of the same fic. The idea had potential, but I dropped it once it became obvious the author cared more about white-knighting for Sakura than preserving Percy's actual characterization. (I understand wanting to fix some of the darker stuff in the LN/anime, but "awesome hero x shows up, saves Sakura and stomps big meanie Zouken" fics are a stale template by this point).

And as Fate fan, whenever I read Riordan I can't help but compare his take on a given mythical figure to Nasu's. His Medea, for instance, is far more straightforwardly evil than Nasu's innocent girl who was corrupted and used as a puppet by the gods. In general, I feel one of the weaknesses of Riordan's writing is that- while the characterization of heroic characters is generally excellent- villains tend to be very stereotypical one-note "evil guys/girls" with a few quirks thrown in. Luke from the first series was one of the only exceptions in being a villain who was well-rounded and sympathetic while still being evil, and Riordan's never really done a character like him again.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alter-ego of Yomi

"servant, Alter-ego, Nice to meet you. Please dont be scared of talking to me about anything"

Class: Alter-ego
    Alignment: Lawful/neutral
    Region: japan
    Height: 168cm
    Weight: 58kg
    Dislikes: cars, caves, egotistic people
    Talent: rice cooking, funeral rites
    Armaments: sword
    Natural Enemy: self-proclaim "imortals"

stats

Str: C
    End: C
    Agi: B
    Mna: A
    Lck: A
    NP: A+

Skill

Class skills

Magic Resistance(A): Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, Alter-ego is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Independent Action(B): Alter-ego is capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. She is also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on her spiritual core.

Pressence concealment(A):It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

personal skills

Goddess's Divine Core(C): A Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess since birth. It has the effect of preserving the absoluteness of the mind and body. It mitigates almost all mental interferences, prevents the body from growth, and prevents the figure from change no matter how many calories are absorbed. It is a composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity. Ranked down on Alter-ego's current state.

Thousand curse(A): the most ancient curse of japan. Usually strong enough to be it's own Noble phantasm, it ended up being downgraded on acount of the state of Alter-ego's saint graph.
    An absolute autority to kill, independent of the target's invulnerability, resurecting, or any skill of the sort. It seems to be similar to a certain type of mystic eyes, but is not know if they are conected. It looks like those who are alredy related to the concept of death have a resistence to it.

Protection of the underworld(C): a skill that marks one as a pillar of the underworld or, in Alter-ego's case, as a fragment of an underworld goddess. Alter-ego still has most of the bonus of the skill, albeit in a weaker variation. While someone with this skill in full power would be invencible on the underworld, Alter-ego is simply "very strong".

Noble phantasm

gate of the underworld
    Yomotsu hirasaka

While Alter-ego's autority is not enough to summon the underworld itself, she is able to lead people until the entrance.
    This Noble phantasm turns the area surounding her into the slope that divides
    central land of reed plains
    Ashihara-no-Nakatsukuni
    from
    land of the dead
    Yomi-tsu-kuni
    While this place is not actualy the underworld, it is not the land of the living either. On this neutral ground between life and death, skills that depend on this diference are nullified.
    It is noted that this effect is not the full extent of the Noble phantasm power. It also should be mention that Yomi-tsu-kuni seems to be related in someway to the so called
    root land
    Ne-no-kuni

the road the god of death leads towards
    Shinchuu Nimai Soushi

Alter-ego's role sublimated into a Noble phantasm, a slice that takes down a Thousand so Ten Thousand can be born.
    The world moves forward on a cicle of death and birth, Alter-ego is encharge of half of it. While this attack can be used on anyone or anything, it appears that existances like servants, who have no place on the modern world, are specialy weak against it.
    When compared to other attacks, it seems similar to a "sword stroke of the afterlife released from Nirvana that bestows peace to all existences" albeit weaker.

background

Alter-ego's identity is the being know as Shinigami. While the term is somewhat recent. It's concept exists from since the creation of the land.
    Her true nature is a embodiment of the oldest curse of japan, the curse that the Goddess Izanami. As such, she can be seen as a fragment of Izanami herself, which is the reason she has the Alter-ego class.

personality

From a first glance, Alter-ego looks like a beutiful but cold woman. She rarely shows any emotions, and in fact, seems a bit intimidating or scary.
    Whoever, those who actualy try and talk to her will know that she is actualy very polite and pleasant, if a bit quiet. She is used to being feared and hated because of her role, so she comes to value those who can see past this first impresion.
    Despite respecting old traditions, Alter-ego is very eager to try new experiences. "The meaning of life lies in constant improvement" she belives.

dialouge

"we need the be on the move master. Rest is for the dead"

"it seems that japan has experinced a decline in birth rates, if seems that he is not doing a good job in his side of things"

King hassan:is that the old man of the mountain? He is even more impresive in person, i kinda feel like an amateur"

Ereshkigal:"i never thought someone with a role so similar to mistress Izanami would have such a different personality. I very much like it"

Shiki Ryougi: that person, i feel odd around her, i dont know very well why. Maybe is because she is always overlooking everything"

"what i like? Rice, it is the most useful food of all. The number of recepies you can make with it is amazing"

"i really deslike those who pursuit imortality. those who fear death dont understand that for the world to work, the old must give place to the new. It makes me quite sad."

Last edited by the god of world-0; December 29th, 2019 at 10:09 PM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The one on Spacebattles, right? I'm almost certain we're thinking of the same fic. The idea had potential, but I dropped it once it became obvious the author cared more about white-knighting for Sakura than preserving Percy's actual characterization. (I understand wanting to fix some of the darker stuff in the LN/anime, but "awesome hero x shows up, saves Sakura and stomps big meanie Zouken" fics are a stale template by this point).

And as Fate fan, whenever I read Riordan I can't help but compare his take on a given mythical figure to Nasu's. His Medea, for instance, is far more straightforwardly evil than Nasu's innocent girl who was corrupted and used as a puppet by the gods. In general, I feel one of the weaknesses of Riordan's writing is that- while the characterization of heroic characters is generally excellent- villains tend to be very stereotypical one-note "evil guys/girls" with a few quirks thrown in. Luke from the first series was one of the only exceptions in being a villain who was well-rounded and sympathetic while still being evil, and Riordan's never really done a character like him again.
    I think the reason he takes the less charitable view on Medea is simply so Piper doesn't come across as an asshole for stopping her, and even Nasuverse Medea has her dark side. About Medusa, Nasu went above and beyond to make her more sympathetic, beyond what any source material did, and he made Perseus more pathetic in the process. Furthermore, the reason Luke is so different from the other villains in the Riordanverse is that he wasn't a mythological figure traditionally portrayed as evil, but an OC demigod character with some legitimate gripes against Olympus, so there was no source material to stick with. Riordan, as a basic rule, sticks closely to source material, but adds color here or there, the exception being Orion, something Nasu flagrantly doesn't do. Nasu takes what liberties he wants with source material to fit it into his own verse.

Also, we are definitely talking about the same fic, and I stopped reading at the first paragraph when Percy was summoned as Berserker.

Blog Entries
    I think the reason he takes the less charitable view on Medea is simply so Piper doesn't come across as an asshole for stopping her, and even Nasuverse Medea has her dark side. About Medusa, Nasu went above and beyond to make her more sympathetic, beyond what any source material did, and he made Perseus more pathetic in the process. Furthermore, the reason Luke is so different from the other villains in the Riordanverse is that he wasn't a mythological figure traditionally portrayed as evil, but an OC demigod character with some legitimate gripes against Olympus, so there was no source material to stick with. Riordan, as a basic rule, sticks closely to source material, but adds color here or there, the exception being Orion, something Nasu flagrantly doesn't do. Nasu takes what liberties he wants with source material to fit it into his own verse.

Also, we are definitely talking about the same fic, and I stopped reading at the first paragraph when Percy was summoned as Berserker.
    I don't see why Medea being sympathetic would have to make Piper an asshole for fighting her. Just because a villain is sympathetic doesn't mean they don't still have to be defeated, after all. But in general I get what you mean about Riordan tending to take myths at face value. I guess I just like Nasu's interpretative method more, even if it does result in some howling inaccuracies now and again.

I feel like i'm hitting a roadblock with this Wright Brothers sheet, specifically on how to make the dual servant idea work, i mean, FGO's "Anne & Mary" and "Sakamoto & Oreo" was cool enough but Orville & Wilbur really is fundamentally different from them... Any ideas? Like, is there any "dual servant" siblings or twins made before?