Page 772 of 858 FirstFirst ... 272672722762767770771772773774777782822 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,440 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, you're not experiencing Deja Vu. I did this guy a couple of months back but I wasn't satisfied with the outcome so I decided to Mulligan it using an Alter form and a different Class as an excuse~

- - - Updated - - -

Berserker

"Too late and to their sorrow do those who misplace their trust in "heroes" learn their fate. There is no future for the bystander, so rise up my Master - wielder of magicks. Good! Find the wrath inside yourself! Take up your sword! Fight, and honour the lives of those you cut down in order to selfishly survive!"

Without Helmet

True Name: Sir Kay (Alter)
    Epithet: "The Seneschal to the Dark Tyrant"
    Origin: Mythological
    Region: Britain (Arthurian Cycle)
    Catalyst: The Mystic Code "Add"
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Dislikes: Heroes, Mockery
    Talents: Wood Carving
    Natural Enemy: Himself

Parameters:
    STR: (B) END: (A) AGI: (B) MGI: (B) LCK: (C) NP: (A)

Appearance:
    By the time of his death, Kay was a 36 year old man with a tall, muscular build. He has dirty blonde hair in a simple short cut and dull hazel eyes. As expected of a knight, Kay wears a full suit of dark plate mail with a horned helmet and a long black cape with the symbol of the kingdom of Camelot in red.

For armaments, he carries a standard steel sword typical of a knight. Though it is chipped and old, showing its life of constant battle alongside its master.

Character:
    A shadow of the heroic knight he once was, Kay is now nothing more than an stray dog working for the Tyrant of Camelot - Arthur. He cares little for social grace and will say exactly what's on his mind even if it causes offence. Having discarded his honour and pride in order to bear the sins of his King, Kay goes into battle not seeing his enemies as humans but as part of the road to step on. Thus he steels his heart to cut down all enemies of the King - even if they be women or children. When not fighting as a knight, Kay would often spend his days hunting beasts (primarily lions) in Anglesey before returning home to drink booze through the night. Some things never change, as Kay has retained his famous temper and will lash out at anyone if he thinks they are making a mockery of him. It's for this reason that he remains a rather solitary individual as the lesser knights were too afraid of accidentally enraging him to interact with him unless absolutely necessary.

Upon being summoned into the Holy Grail War, Kay will ignore orders from his Master and try to do his own thing. He hates those that can't help themselves and will refuse to fight for someone who doesn't even try to contribute something to the War effort. In spite of all his fighting prowess, Kay has learned his lesson from his death and will avoid needlessly fighting enemy Servants head on and will instead use his years of hunting experience to wear down his opponents before picking them off one by one. Though he can be provoked into a straight battle if the enemy Servant questions his abilities and call him a coward. If he sees potential in his Master, Kay might open up a little bit to them, perhaps with enough time he might even regain a little optimism and try to protect them over simply fighting to win for himself.

His wish upon the Grail? To avert his premature death so that he could at least die with his head held high on the battlefield of Camlann...it seems that even a stray dog such as him would desire a more honourable death alongside his King.

Skills:

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - (E)
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms. At this Rank, one normally does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement. In exchange, one retains a normal capacity to think. However, the activation of Kay's Noble Phantasm could change the situation drastically...

Personal Skills

Mana Burst [Fire & Ice] - (B)
    The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. Kay was born with an unusual physiology - his body was eternally cold and yet despite this when he touched objects they would become strangely hot. Merlin later explained this ability as a manifestation of his Mana Burst to redistribute heat as he saw fit and after training he learned how to control it, allowing him to heat up or freeze anything he touched. As a Knight he primarily uses it to impart a flame or frost effect to his blade. But being the dishonourable fighter that he is, he can use it in other ways such as freezing the ground to make it difficult to fight on or grabbing an opponent's weapon in order to heat it up and make them drop it.

Poisoned Blade - (C)
    A dishonourable tactic of one who has abandoned his way of chivalry. Kay regularly coats the blade of his sword with a cocktail of toxins taken from a variety of venomous animals he has hunted in the past. Striking the naked flesh of an opponent will force them to undergo a Luck Check and should they fail, their wounds will be infected with a terrible poison that causes necrolysing of the flesh and is very difficult to heal even with magecraft. Naturally a Servant that possesses immunity or even high resistance to poison can bypass the Check.

Unyielding Will - (B)
    A Skill that represents one's extremely firm will that never yields to any sort of agony, despair or circumstances. Before he was born, a prophecy was told of Kay that he would possess an iron will that would allow him to brave fire and water like no other man, even forgoing sleep and air for nine days before he achieved his goals. This anecdote grants him strong resistance against physical and mental damage. However, said resistance will not hold against attacks that aim at beguiling others - such as illusions.

Noble Phantasm:

Kay y Dyn Uchel
    Wrath of the Demon Giant

[Type - Anti Army Attack], [Noble Phantasm Rank - A], [Maximum Range - N/A], [Maximum Number of Targets - 500]

A special technique taught to Kay by Merlin to take advantage of his explosive anger. As Kay's rage builds in battle, his Magic Circuits gradually build a Bounded Field around his body which disrupts the flow of dimensional physics. This causes serious alterations to Kay's size and mass, with the apex of his berserker rage allowing him to temporarily grow taller than any tree in the forest. Mana Burst [Flames] is constantly switched on, thus wrapping large portions of his body in flames - giving Kay the appearance of a monster straight from Hell. Mad Enhancement is also changed all the way to Rank A, thus robbing Kay of all reason in exchange for his monstrous strength to stomp or slash with his sword at entire armies at once. Truly, he was feared in battle as an unstoppable titan and his death was considered unachievable but for an act of God.

This Noble Phantasm is not without its drawbacks. The immense pressure brought down upon Kay by the World means that it can only be deployed for five minutes at a maximum before Kay will collapse from exhaustion. His giant size also makes him a much larger target and his loss of sanity makes it difficult to apply tactics such as weaving between attacks.

Lore:
    Son of Sir Ector, Knight of the late King Uther. Kay was brought up alongside his step-sister Artoria to be knights themselves. Eventually the time would come when Artoria would pull the Sword from the Stone, but things did not turn out quite as Merlin had foreseen. The war against Vortigern was not going as well as expected and in order to best him, Artoria had to stray from the path of righteousness and give in to her inner darkness. From then on, she slowly became more corrupt as she cracked down on the populace in order to root out Vortigern's remaining followers to protect the peace. Standing by her side the whole time was Kay, who decided he would stick by her even if it meant going to Hell himself. And so he sullied his hands with endless blood, fighting in an perpetual cycle of death and despair as he became a mere shadow of his former glory. The people of Britain began to fear and despise him as the Seneschal who would strike down any who even dare voice the hint of opposition to the Dark King.

One day whilst off duty, an old hag passed him by and warned him of a monstrous cat named "Cath Palug" haunting the Isle of Anglesey, terrorising its denizens. Kay decided to investigate by himself and found the beast rampaging on the island. However the demonic beast was far stronger than anyone had imagined, and even Kay was slowly losing to it. However, his luck changed when an unnatural mist suddenly started to descend around them and Kay immediately recognised it as the Otherworldly island of Avalon materialising close by and he used all of his remaining strength to transform into giant size and push the Cath Palug into the ocean where it frantically thrashed around until it managed to swim towards Avalon before both the Island and the beast disappeared from sight. Battered and bruised, Kay started to make for Camelot but he was suddenly stabbed from behind. Turning around he saw Gwyddawg fab Menestyr - a minor knight in Artoria's retinue, was the one who struck him but he looked possessed and behind him was the old hag from before, but Kay now recognised her face as that of Morgan le Fay. Word got back to Camelot of Kay's murder and Artoria swore that she would not forgive Morgan as long as she lived...

Creator's Notes:
    Didn't think I'd be doing this. As much as I like my original Kay sheet, I tried super hard to keep it within canon and thus I didn't end up being able to do everything I wanted and so I decided to Mulligan it with the Alter-verse as an excuse to give me more creative liberty.

I didn't bother going through Kay's entire history this time around in the Lore section as I'm sure y'all know who he is by now.

The general thought behind making him an Alter was - aside from allowing me to ignore canonical details we know second-hand now - because I was thinking about Artoria Alter herself and how Kay would've turned out if he had stuck with her and not rebelled like with the Lion King. I think perhaps the only thing that could've turned him into an Alter would be the desire to protect his little sister...

The FaceClaim (and personality) this time around is Noah fon Ronsenburg from Final Fantasy XII - my absolute favourite FF game.

I would normally say the usual "all comments and criticisms" line, but seeing as I've done this guy before, I doubt people's comments would be that different.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sir Kay (Alter): Though it can't be intentional, a giant on fire with the power to wield ice brings Surtr-Fenrir to mind rather quickly.
    Random asides... Aside, I might as well comment since I don't actually remember the Kay sheet you refer to. His character brings to mind some washed-up knight, working as an enforcer for some tyrant because it's the only thing left (which may or may not be what you were going for). I thought about asking what kind of people he actually likes, but after closer inspection of his personality, it seems he doesn't do much in the way of socializing due to being solitary. Is it possible for an enemy to gain his respect enought that he'd consider them something besides part of the road?
    And though it has nothing to do with the sheet itself, one wonders what the Merlin of Artoria (Alter)'s timeline is like...

And it just dawned on me that I might as well try and make a swimsuit Servant, given the season (Mamala notwithstanding). Now to use a canon Servant or to make my own... I'm open to requests that I may not actually deliver on.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; June 30th, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Sir Kay (Alter): Though it can't be intentional, a giant on fire with the power to wield ice brings Surtr-Fenrir to mind rather quickly.
    Random asides... Aside, I might as well comment since I don't actually remember the Kay sheet you refer to. His character brings to mind some washed-up knight, working as an enforcer for some tyrant because it's the only thing left (which may or may not be what you were going for). I thought about asking what kind of people he actually likes, but after closer inspection of his personality, it seems he doesn't do much in the way of socializing due to being solitary. Is it possible for an enemy to gain his respect enought that he'd consider them something besides part of the road?
    And though it has nothing to do with the sheet itself, one wonders what the Merlin of Artoria (Alter)'s timeline is like...
    Hah! I completely forgot about Surtr-Fenrir. How long ago the first two Lostbelts seem now, crickey.

As for people he likes, it's possible for both his Master and an enemy Servant to gain his respect even if he would still try to fight them. It would take a person of incredible valour and moral standing - someone who can suffer through great despair yet still walk the path of righteousness again and again. Someone who can show him that although the world can be a dark place, the light of hope is still worth fighting for no matter how fleeting. Perhaps after seeing such a strong person, Kay would acknowledge them and though not regret his prior actions - he would at least try to make a fresh start as a hero once more with what little time he has in the Grail War.

- - - Updated - - -

And thus, I head off to write the next Arthurian sheet. Gonna try and focus on the non-KoRT characters for now. Bring some diversity to my repetoire.

Blog Entries
    After Seven Years
    Ogier sat in his cell, stewing in anger. It had been seven years. Seven years since his once brother had caught him and thrown him in here. Refusing to even kill him, let him join his son. He looked at the contents of his cell, fine linen sheets for the bed, the best food the king could spare, book to keep his mind occupied. He knew that all Charlemagne was doing was trying to make peace but it just made his blood boil. Could these gifts be anything compared to the life of his son. Ogier was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the door to the dungeon open. He looked up and saw a young blond man standing there.

“So you’re Ogier the Dane? The one that rebelled against Charlemagne for seven years?” The youth held two sword, one had a golden hilt the other he recognized as Cortain. “Who are you? Why do you have my sword?”

The young man laughed. “The names Roland, and I’m here to give it back.” He threw the sword through the bars and Ogier caught it.

“What are you playing at?”

“I’m putting together a team, a team of twelve knights to serve the king. I need the best of the best and I hear that includes you.”

Ogier laughed. “You think I am going to rejoin Charlemagne’s court? After these long 14 years? I spit on your offer.” Ogier then slashed the cell door with his blade cutting it into pieces with the vacuum arrows. “But I will take my leave of this place.” And he made to walk out of the dungeon only to be stoped by Roland’s sword.

“Now now, you may want to leave but there’s a toll. You’ll have to fight me for your freedom.”

Ogier grinned. “You don’t want to test me boy.”

“Actually testing you is exactly what I want to do.” And Roland swung his blade towards Ogier who blocked it with Cortain. Silent to human ears the countless threads that made up Ogier’s blade hummed and sent out blades of air that flew out to strike Roland cutting his arms and legs.

Roland leapt back and smiled. “So it is true. You can cut your opponent without even touching them. I really could use a knight like you.”

“I told you I will never serve Charlemagne again!” Ogier swung his blade so it scraped against the wall sending more arrows at Roland. The young knight somehow saw them coming though because he managed to block some of them and positioned his body to not be too damaged with the rest.

“You think I’d believe such weak conviction!” Roland dashed forward and swung the blade. Ogier raised his to block it only to find the golden sword stopped before it it Cortain and a kick was sent into his chest.

“Your invisible swords can only be used when something hits your blade, quite an obvious weakness. The first of three I’ve noticed.”

“Shut up!” Ogier swung his sword against the walls of the dungeon more sending out hundreds of his vacuum arrows. Roland moved too fast though, his blade like lightening keeping the worst of the damage from hitting him.

“How are you blocking my vacuum arrows! They cannot be seen by human eyes!”

“I may not be able to see these arrows but I can see you, where you would attempt to strike, the weakest points in my defense, and I know exactly where these arrows will come from. Now that’s the second weakness, time for the third!” Roland planted his sword in the ground and charged forward.

“What!” Ogier sent out more of his vacuum arrows but Roland barreled through them and quickly got into Ogier’s range. “You fool!” Ogier brought his sword down onto Roland.

Only for it to be caught by the knights bare hand. “How is this…”

“The third weakness without this sword you’re defenseless!” Roland pulled the sword out of Ogier’s grasp sending it flying away and then buried his fist into Ogier’s diaphragm. Ogier’s body left the ground and his breath left his body.

Roland stood over the now prone Ogier. “You’re free to go, and you can take Cortain. Just know that the king wants you to return to him, and he wishes things could have been different.” And Roland walked away.

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Saber, Rider
    True Name: Ogier the Dane
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: France/Denmark 12 Paladins

Parameters:

STR: C+
    END: C
    AGI: A+
    MGI: B
    LCK: B-
    NP: A

Dislikes: Charlemagne, Charlot
    Talent: Archery
    Natural Enemy: Brunamont
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Cortain

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Independent Action
    It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. At Rank A, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master.

Magic Resistance
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Clairvoyance
    An essential skill for the Archer class. At this rank Clairvoyance allows Archer to see invisible objects which he uses to maneuver around his own noble phantasm’s attacks

Harp of Healing
    An inherited skill rather than one gained through Archer’s own deeds. At this rank playing a melody with a harp can weakly suppress mental interference and raise fighting spirit.

Natural Body
    Even after seven years in prison Archer’s body is in the same shape it will always be in. Archer gains a plus modifier to strength and no matter how many calories he ingests the body won’t change.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Spoiler:

Failnaught Cortain
    Shortened Bow of Lamantation

Type: Anti Army
    Range: 5-50
    Max Targets: 5 People

Originally the bow of Tristan the great bowman of the round table it was bestowed to Archer in order to fight against the saracen knight Brunamont. When archer received the bow he had decided bows did not suit him and modified it into a short sword. The modified Failnaught lost half of its range and the speed of the arrows but gained more flexibility in its use as well as short range ability.

Failnaught Cortain has the razor sharp strings of Tristan’s favorite harp wrapped in on itself to form the shape of a blade so tightly woven it is impossible for the naked eye to tell what it truly is. As the sword hits an object the strings will vibrate causing the invisible vacuum arrows to fly out and strike at the target. One of the most common uses of the sword is to cross blades with the opponent and then have a volley of vacuum arrows shoot into the enemy’s back.

Due to the decreased range and speed Archer has learned to gain more precise control over the vacuum arrows. Archer can cause the arrows to hold in place to create traps for the enemy or even build simple structures such as walls the enemy will be cut to pieces trying to pass through or platforms he can jump onto.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Ogier the Dane, one of the 12 Paladins of Charlemagne, but that was not always the case. Originally Ogier was the son of a Danish king that had surrendered his son to the french king’s father as a treaty for peace. Ogier grew up alongside Charlemagne as a brother fighting for the prince in all ways. He even fought against the legendary saracen knight Brunamont in the legend where he got his famous sword Cortain. However after years of loyalty tragedy struck. Ogier’s son found himself in quarrel with Charlot the son of Charlemagne and was killed.

Ogier demanded revenge, demanded to kill the man that had killed his son, but Charlemagne could not let his son die, even if it was to keep his closest friend with him. He knew that Ogier would be a danger, that locking him up or executing him would be the best option but all Charlemagne could do was exile him. For seven years after the exile Ogier waged war against the king striking at supply lines and waylaying merchants. Eventually Ogier was caught and imprisoned for seven years, seven years spent in Charlemagne’s dungeon being treated well despite his conflict with the king. Those seven years came to an end though when he was met by a young knight, an up and comer who had been given permission to find 11 other knights to become the greatest fighting force in the history of France.

Roland had come to recruit the old warrior. Ogier reused. Even though he told the young man that he would never again serve Charlemagne he was still released from captivity. It was a month later when Ogier was in Italy visiting a distant relation when he came across the scene of the French army being beaten by the Saracens. Ogier did not want to get involved, he did not want to fight for the kingdom his son had died in, but then he saw his oldest friend on his horse trying to rally his forces and knew this battle could only end with Charlemagne’s death.

Ogier’s body moved without him even thinking and grabbed the French flag from a retreating flag bearer and went forward. He fought and fought until he reached the man he considered a brother and the two of them repelled the invading army. At the end of the battle Ogier knelt before him and swore “My blade is yours, I promise I will serve as one of your paladins until my end.”

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Ogier is loud. Loud and excitable. When they were young he would often drag Charlemagne on wild adventures and get themselves into trouble. Even as an adult, even after 14 years of fighting against his king he never truly lost that part of his personality. As a member of the paladin’s he often would encourage his fellow paladin’s antics just to see what would happen.

Bond:
    Spoiler:
    On summoning:
    “Servant Archer, Ogier the Dane. Let’s have some fun master!”

If you have summoned Charlemagne
    “My brother! It looks like my oath is one that transcends death!”

If you have summoned another paladin
    “It looks like I’m not the only paladin in your court! This should be fun.”

If you have summoned Tristan
    “That guy’s bow seems familiar? Eh whatever.”

Bond 1
    “What’s it like being a member of the 12 paladins? Not so different from any other group.”

Bond 2
    “This place is almost as wild as home you know.”

Bond 3
    “My death? Yeah what of it? I may regret that it happened but still nothing better than dying for your king.”

Bond 4
    “I forgave Charlemagne long ago for what happened to my son. He made the best out of a bad situation.”

Bond 5
    “You know you’re a lot like Charlemagne. You both hold yourself like leaders, like somebody that can really bring you to the future.”

Creator Notes:
    My second paladin. I messed with the legend a bit making the fight with Brunamont before the falling out with Charlemagne as well as making them closer like brothers. Failnaught Cortain is based on the legend that Ogier received Tristan’s sword and that he had shortened it. Next up will probably be Bishop Turin.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; June 30th, 2019 at 05:44 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    No, you're not experiencing Deja Vu. I did this guy a couple of months back but I wasn't satisfied with the outcome so I decided to Mulligan it using an Alter form and a different Class as an excuse~

- - - Updated - - -

Berserker

"Too late and to their sorrow do those who misplace their trust in "heroes" learn their fate. There is no future for the bystander, so rise up my Master - wielder of magicks. Good! Find the wrath inside yourself! Take up your sword! Fight, and honour the lives of those you cut down in order to selfishly survive!"

Without Helmet

True Name: Sir Kay (Alter)
    Epithet: "The Seneschal to the Dark Tyrant"
    Origin: Mythological
    Region: Britain (Arthurian Cycle)
    Catalyst: The Mystic Code "Add"
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Dislikes: Heroes, Mockery
    Talents: Wood Carving
    Natural Enemy: Himself

Parameters:
    STR: (B) END: (A) AGI: (B) MGI: (B) LCK: (C) NP: (A)

Appearance:
    By the time of his death, Kay was a 36 year old man with a tall, muscular build. He has dirty blonde hair in a simple short cut and dull hazel eyes. As expected of a knight, Kay wears a full suit of dark plate mail with a horned helmet and a long black cape with the symbol of the kingdom of Camelot in red.

For armaments, he carries a standard steel sword typical of a knight. Though it is chipped and old, showing its life of constant battle alongside its master.

Character:
    A shadow of the heroic knight he once was, Kay is now nothing more than an stray dog working for the Tyrant of Camelot - Arthur. He cares little for social grace and will say exactly what's on his mind even if it causes offence. Having discarded his honour and pride in order to bear the sins of his King, Kay goes into battle not seeing his enemies as humans but as part of the road to step on. Thus he steels his heart to cut down all enemies of the King - even if they be women or children. When not fighting as a knight, Kay would often spend his days hunting beasts (primarily lions) in Anglesey before returning home to drink booze through the night. Some things never change, as Kay has retained his famous temper and will lash out at anyone if he thinks they are making a mockery of him. It's for this reason that he remains a rather solitary individual as the lesser knights were too afraid of accidentally enraging him to interact with him unless absolutely necessary.

Upon being summoned into the Holy Grail War, Kay will ignore orders from his Master and try to do his own thing. He hates those that can't help themselves and will refuse to fight for someone who doesn't even try to contribute something to the War effort. In spite of all his fighting prowess, Kay has learned his lesson from his death and will avoid needlessly fighting enemy Servants head on and will instead use his years of hunting experience to wear down his opponents before picking them off one by one. Though he can be provoked into a straight battle if the enemy Servant questions his abilities and call him a coward. If he sees potential in his Master, Kay might open up a little bit to them, perhaps with enough time he might even regain a little optimism and try to protect them over simply fighting to win for himself.

His wish upon the Grail? To avert his premature death so that he could at least die with his head held high on the battlefield of Camlann...it seems that even a stray dog such as him would desire a more honourable death alongside his King.

Skills:

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - (E)
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms. At this Rank, one normally does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement. In exchange, one retains a normal capacity to think. However, the activation of Kay's Noble Phantasm could change the situation drastically...

Personal Skills

Mana Burst [Fire & Ice] - (B)
    The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. Kay was born with an unusual physiology - his body was eternally cold and yet despite this when he touched objects they would become strangely hot. Merlin later explained this ability as a manifestation of his Mana Burst to redistribute heat as he saw fit and after training he learned how to control it, allowing him to heat up or freeze anything he touched. As a Knight he primarily uses it to impart a flame or frost effect to his blade. But being the dishonourable fighter that he is, he can use it in other ways such as freezing the ground to make it difficult to fight on or grabbing an opponent's weapon in order to heat it up and make them drop it.

Poisoned Blade - (C)
    A dishonourable tactic of one who has abandoned his way of chivalry. Kay regularly coats the blade of his sword with a cocktail of toxins taken from a variety of venomous animals he has hunted in the past. Striking the naked flesh of an opponent will force them to undergo a Luck Check and should they fail, their wounds will be infected with a terrible poison that causes necrolysing of the flesh and is very difficult to heal even with magecraft. Naturally a Servant that possesses immunity or even high resistance to poison can bypass the Check.

Unyielding Will - (B)
    A Skill that represents one's extremely firm will that never yields to any sort of agony, despair or circumstances. Before he was born, a prophecy was told of Kay that he would possess an iron will that would allow him to brave fire and water like no other man, even forgoing sleep and air for nine days before he achieved his goals. This anecdote grants him strong resistance against physical and mental damage. However, said resistance will not hold against attacks that aim at beguiling others - such as illusions.

Noble Phantasm:

Kay y Dyn Uchel
    Wrath of the Demon Giant

[Type - Anti Army Attack], [Noble Phantasm Rank - A], [Maximum Range - N/A], [Maximum Number of Targets - 500]

A special technique taught to Kay by Merlin to take advantage of his explosive anger. As Kay's rage builds in battle, his Magic Circuits gradually build a Bounded Field around his body which disrupts the flow of dimensional physics. This causes serious alterations to Kay's size and mass, with the apex of his berserker rage allowing him to temporarily grow taller than any tree in the forest. Mana Burst [Flames] is constantly switched on, thus wrapping large portions of his body in flames - giving Kay the appearance of a monster straight from Hell. Mad Enhancement is also changed all the way to Rank A, thus robbing Kay of all reason in exchange for his monstrous strength to stomp or slash with his sword at entire armies at once. Truly, he was feared in battle as an unstoppable titan and his death was considered unachievable but for an act of God.

This Noble Phantasm is not without its drawbacks. The immense pressure brought down upon Kay by the World means that it can only be deployed for five minutes at a maximum before Kay will collapse from exhaustion. His giant size also makes him a much larger target and his loss of sanity makes it difficult to apply tactics such as weaving between attacks.

Lore:
    Son of Sir Ector, Knight of the late King Uther. Kay was brought up alongside his step-sister Artoria to be knights themselves. Eventually the time would come when Artoria would pull the Sword from the Stone, but things did not turn out quite as Merlin had foreseen. The war against Vortigern was not going as well as expected and in order to best him, Artoria had to stray from the path of righteousness and give in to her inner darkness. From then on, she slowly became more corrupt as she cracked down on the populace in order to root out Vortigern's remaining followers to protect the peace. Standing by her side the whole time was Kay, who decided he would stick by her even if it meant going to Hell himself. And so he sullied his hands with endless blood, fighting in an perpetual cycle of death and despair as he became a mere shadow of his former glory. The people of Britain began to fear and despise him as the Seneschal who would strike down any who even dare voice the hint of opposition to the Dark King.

One day whilst off duty, an old hag passed him by and warned him of a monstrous cat named "Cath Palug" haunting the Isle of Anglesey, terrorising its denizens. Kay decided to investigate by himself and found the beast rampaging on the island. However the demonic beast was far stronger than anyone had imagined, and even Kay was slowly losing to it. However, his luck changed when an unnatural mist suddenly started to descend around them and Kay immediately recognised it as the Otherworldly island of Avalon materialising close by and he used all of his remaining strength to transform into giant size and push the Cath Palug into the ocean where it frantically thrashed around until it managed to swim towards Avalon before both the Island and the beast disappeared from sight. Battered and bruised, Kay started to make for Camelot but he was suddenly stabbed from behind. Turning around he saw Gwyddawg fab Menestyr - a minor knight in Artoria's retinue, was the one who struck him but he looked possessed and behind him was the old hag from before, but Kay now recognised her face as that of Morgan le Fay. Word got back to Camelot of Kay's murder and Artoria swore that she would not forgive Morgan as long as she lived...

Creator's Notes:
    Didn't think I'd be doing this. As much as I like my original Kay sheet, I tried super hard to keep it within canon and thus I didn't end up being able to do everything I wanted and so I decided to Mulligan it with the Alter-verse as an excuse to give me more creative liberty.

I didn't bother going through Kay's entire history this time around in the Lore section as I'm sure y'all know who he is by now.

The general thought behind making him an Alter was - aside from allowing me to ignore canonical details we know second-hand now - because I was thinking about Artoria Alter herself and how Kay would've turned out if he had stuck with her and not rebelled like with the Lion King. I think perhaps the only thing that could've turned him into an Alter would be the desire to protect his little sister...

The FaceClaim (and personality) this time around is Noah fon Ronsenburg from Final Fantasy XII - my absolute favourite FF game.

I would normally say the usual "all comments and criticisms" line, but seeing as I've done this guy before, I doubt people's comments would be that different.
    Just like the previous servant i love how you tell the lore of this servant sheet, maybe the only one thing im not really into is the np because i don't know why i feel it was little bland. Also can you please provide me with your previous sir kay servant link page because i really wanted to read it and the search function for this website is very confusing for me. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir kay fans View Post
    Just like the previous servant i love how you tell the lore of this servant sheet, maybe the only one thing im not really into is the np because i don't know why i feel it was little bland. Also can you please provide me with your previous sir kay servant link page because i really wanted to read it and the search function for this website is very confusing for me. Thank you
    Sure thing. Here it is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ogier: This is nitpicking, but the ranks of his Personal Skills (and the choice of said Personal Skills) seem a little wonky. EMIYA has Clairvoyance at C, which allows him to pick a target on the other side of town, so that should be enough for someone famed for their battlefield prowess.
    On the subject of Natural Body, not only is it on a higher rank than, say, Romulus (implying that Ogier, too, should be a mountain of muscle), but Natural Body concerns someone having a brawny body and notable strength from birth. I guess he might have it at E to go for the 'not losing muscle mass despite being imprisoned for seven years' bit, but... The choice of ranks just feels a little weird.
    I also can't find references to his harp-playing (with a quick search, anyway - unless they're around simply because he has the bow). Either way, it definitely shouldn't be one step below Tristan's, given that Ogier has no mention of clear prowess with producing music (unlike the others that possess said Skill).

Failnaught Cortain seems kinda lazy, given that its just Tristan's Failnaught, only 'shortened'. Though the idea of Ogier having the same kind of fundamental misunderstanding on the concept of a weapon is funny, more effort might've been put into making Failnaught Cortain its own thing. For example, Ogier might've misunderstood the bow he received as a sword of some sort and then shortened it so he could fight with a shield as well. Failnaught being the jagged monstrosity that it is, it could easily function as a melee weapon, especially if Ogier went around sharpening the bow's curve as though it were a sword. The strings (cut short with the shortening) could be tied to the handle, and release a wave of sound (or cuts, as the original) when the sword strikes.
    I guess that would be more of a Saber thing, though.

Looking forward to Turpin so I don't have to make a version.

Blog Entries
    @Shiki-pon yeah the harp of healing is simply due to having cortain I could have put it at a lower rank but I felt that would be too low. Also the description of him having the same body after seven years of imprisonment is an example of how he has natural body not why he has it sorry if that wasn't clear. Also Altera has EX natural body and isn't a mountain of muscle. The reason clairvoyance is at B is because I wanted the higher rank to justify seeing invisible objects which C rank doesn't seem to be able to do. Also Faulnaught Cortain is kind of meant to be lazy as it is an inherited noble phantasm. The biggest difference is in how he uses it.

Since only the technical side of the was criticized I'll assume that means I did a good job on the personality. Anyways I hope my Turpin is more up to your standards.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; July 1st, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Blog Entries
    Assassination Gone Wrong
    Turpin snuck through the town at night toward the barracks, not really his style but better than fighting through an entire army. He would save that for the way out so his prey didn’t escape.

There it was, the barracks for the twelve paladins, well eleven paladins right now, where the Vampire Gerin was. Nobody could stop his- Turpin leapt back as a large golden hilted sword embedded itself on the ground where he had been standing. A young blond man walked over to pick it up.

“Roland, the leader of the paladins.” Turpin said. “I should have known this wouldn’t be easy.”

Roland smiled and pointed the sword at Turpin. “And you are Turpin, one of the strongest executors f the Holy Catholic Church. I’m going to give you one warning, return to your masters and tell them that Gerin is under my protection or you won’t leave here unscathed.”

“Like I’d listen to the fool that ran around the countryside naked for an entire month.”

“I won’t ever live that down will I?” Roland chuckled and then leapt at Turpin.

Turpin managed to get his own blade up in time but the force from the blow forced him onto one knee. “Impressive.” Turpin said before head butting Roland over their crossed swords, only for Roland to barely be pushed back.

“Right back at you!” Roland pushed with his sword but Turpin managed to twist both their bladed so they flew out of their grasps. Hand to hand was where Turpin excelled. He shot his fists out in a one two only for Roland to tighten up his guard and block them. Roland then responded with a punch of his own which Turpin ducked under.

A solid uppercut hit Roland in the chin and this time the man stumbled back. “Take this Roland!”

Turpin gasped for air as he and Roland laid on the ground with the sun rising beside them. “Okay, I think that counts as a tie.”

Roland laughed. “Fair enough. Never would have thought that the church had such strong fighters. Always though you would rely on sacraments or something.”

“Some do, but I’ve aways been more a brawler.”

“I could use a brawler myself. Want to join my paladins? We need a twelfth.”

Turpin just looked at the man he had been fighting all night with in order to kill his subordinate, and he started to laugh.

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Assassin, Berserker
    True Name: Bishop Turpin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: France Song of Roland

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: B+
    LCK: E
    NP: C

Dislikes: The Saracens
    Talent: Prayer
    Natural Enemy: Siglorel
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Almace his Sword, black keys, his holy fists

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Item Construction
    As a holy man Caster is able to create Holy Shrouds and conceptual weapons like black keys

Territory Construction
    Caster does not have the Territory Construction skill.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Jacob’s Limbs
    An old method of hand to hand combat that those who master are said to be able to defeat an angel of destruction. Caster’s rank in this skill is higher than a certain other saint because he actively embraces his martial prowess.

Battle Continuation
    A bishop on the battlefield must not fall for he is the one to bury the dead. Live on Caster and give these men their last rites.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Spoiler:

Holy Martyr Your Sins are Absolved
    Die Well for Your King

Type: Anti-Unit(Self)
    Range: Self
    Max Targets: 1

A Noble Phantasm that is the crystallization of Caster’s speech to the Frankish troops absolving them of their sins and decreeing them to be Holy Martyrs if they fall. A continuously active Noble Phantasm that absolved the soul of sin.

In practical terms it will purge any impurities from the servant from mental interference to poisons. It even gives a small rank of regeneration as it absolves Caster’s saint graph from the sin of being injured. Paired up with Caster’s Battle Continuation skill Caster is a servant that is almost impossible to keep down.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Turpin of Rheims was a poor young boy in France when he joined the Church but as a boy who always struggled to keep his anger in check he was constantly in peril of being kicked out. Eventually though a Father saw his anger as potential and inducted him into the group of holy soldiers known as the Executors. Turpin was trained and trained until he became a holy weapon of death going from town to town punishing heretics.

Eventually he was given the task of killing the newest member of the up and coming group of knights called the paladins known as Gerin. Gerin had been suspected by the church of being a Vampire and him joining the court of Charlemagne had been the final straw.

Turpin had made his way to the quarters the knight was lodging at but his assassination attempt was interrupted by a young knight of the court. Roland the leader of the then 11 paladins had heard rumors of an attempt on his new paladin’s lives and had decided to stop it himself.

The two fought in a no holds bared fight until the two were bloody and raw. That was when Roland asked him to be the last of the 12 paladins. Turpin laughed, he laughed until his voice was hoarse, but then he smiled and said yes. There is more to this story of course, there is an entire book to filled on the back and forth between the King and the Church to allow Turpin to join the paladins as well as the intricate lies that Turpin told to get the Church off of Gerin’s back but that is a story for another day.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Turpin is angry, angry at the world, angry at himself, angry at everything that crosses his path. The only way for him not to have exploded from all that pent up rage was for him to dedicate his life to something. At first it was the Church but it eventually became Roland who earned his respect for defeating him one on one. As a result Turpin has decided to channel all his rage into Roland’s enemies.

Bond:
    Spoiler:
    On Summoning:
    “Caster Turpin! Member of the 12 paladins, lets go and bash some heads already!”

If you have summoned Roland:
    “Ha boss you’re here! Let’s go a few rounds!”

Bond 1:
    “Listen I’m only here to fight, if you want to get in my way then I’ll fight you okay!”

Bond 2:
    “Come on this is hardly enough give me more fights! Roland would have gotten me my fill by now.”

Bond 3:
    “This Chaldea place is beyond boring. I thought a place with so many heroic spirits would be more lively!”

Bond 4:
    “What you want some sort of heartfelt thanks or something? Shut up you’re only here to get to to the battlefield.”

Bond 5:
    “Fine I admit you’re a good boss. But you’re still nothing compared to Roland!”

Creator Notes: So here's Bishop Turin. The least Castery Caster of them all. He's only in this class because he really didn't want to be in the Assassin class. His story is completely whole cloth made up and I added some info on my next paladin Gerin who is a Dead Apostle.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; July 1st, 2019 at 05:44 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Turpin: Have to say, Turpin with an Alexander Anderson FC isn't something I ever expected. He sounds like a pretty cool dude all around. I'm a little surprised Turpin doesn't have any kind of sacrament Skill though, even if he prefers not to rely on it. Heck, you could even have him channel the sacraments through his fists to exorcise vampires by punching them or something similarly over-the-top. As is his Skills section is a little bland.

Frankly, what I'm most curious about is the paladin of Charlemagne who's apparently a freaking vampire. Definitely looking forward to the sheet for him.

Also, I'm liking those little story snippets you've taken to adding to your sheets lately. Adds some nice flavor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Turpin: Have to say, Turpin with an Alexander Anderson FC isn't something I ever expected. He sounds like a pretty cool dude all around. I'm a little surprised Turpin doesn't have any kind of sacrament Skill though, even if he prefers not to rely on it. Heck, you could even have him channel the sacraments through his fists to exorcise vampires by punching them or something similarly over-the-top. As is his Skills section is a little bland.

Frankly, what I'm most curious about is the paladin of Charlemagne who's apparently a freaking vampire. Definitely looking forward to the sheet for him.

Also, I'm liking those little story snippets you've taken to adding to your sheets lately. Adds some nice flavor.
    Yeah. I felt kind of bad about the skills section but I didn’t want to give him any of the preexisting holy skills because none felt like they fit. Glad you like my little snippets though, it’s both a way to flesh out the character as well as polish my writing skills. I also can’t wait to explain the deal with Gerin. Conceptually I think he might be my favorite paladin I’ve come up with so far.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    Also Altera has EX natural body and isn't a mountain of muscle.

Since only the technical side of the was criticized I'll assume that means I did a good job on the personality. Anyways I hope my Turpin is more up to your standards.
    Except in canonland, where Altera has D while being slightly brawny (and an alien). According to the databooks anyway, with the EX being for the sake of the Skill upgrade. And yes, the personality bit was well done and the short story helps to open the personality even more.

As for Turpin...
    I question why he's a Caster, given that he A) doesn't do spells, and B) mostly beats people's faces in in close combat (which the Caster container isn't usually suited for, Babbage being a special case). I'd also note that Turpin's legends probably qualify him for Saber and Rider as well. With the fact that he's noted to have slain at least one evil sorcerer, it's doubly odd that you chose a Class without Magic Resistance.
    Battle Continuation is a good match, but Jacob's Limbs is a bit questionable, as said Skill has a history to its use. Since Martha never interacted with the Church (as it didn't exist yet), it feels weird that the style would've been passed on perfectly for so long (even allowing for the fact that Turpin comes from France, where Martha probably died). As such, ranking it as higher than Martha's own strikes me as odd, embracing it or not. Some other Skill or an alteration could've done a better job here.
    I'm also a bit disappointed that there's no reference to armor-smashing, given that in his last battle he broke not only through some golden-armoured Saracen's hauberk and named shield, he later shattered a shield given to the enemy by a demon. Something of a missed opportunity to have something rarer in the Skills or NP section (armour-piercing in the latter section being more common).

Other than that, I'm much on the same lines as Royd.

Blog Entries
    I question why he's a Caster, given that he A) doesn't do spells, and B) mostly beats people's faces in in close combat (which the Caster container isn't usually suited for, Babbage being a special case). I'd also note that Turpin's legends probably qualify him for Saber and Rider as well. With the fact that he's noted to have slain at least one evil sorcerer, it's doubly odd that you chose a Class without Magic Resistance.
    He's qualified for the caster class because my version was an executor so he used holy sacraments to fight vampires and demons. It makes him only barely qualified for the caster class though and he is more suited for assassin and berserker. However he doesn't really like those classes so he squeezed his saint graph into the caster class. Also Xuanzang is sort of in a simaler boat as somebody who got the caster class due to religious ability rather than magecraft.

Also if I just made him a saber or rider than that would be boring. Pretty much all the paladin's qualify for those classes and I didn't want to make ten different sabers.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also Xuanzang is sort of in a simaler boat as somebody who got the caster class due to religious ability rather than magecraft.

Also if I just made him a saber or rider than that would be boring. Pretty much all the paladin's qualify for those classes and I didn't want to make ten different sabers.
    On the first point, I meant that if he squeezes himself into the Caster class, his parameters should follow suit, just like Xuanzang's (though she has less in terms of martial feats to begin with). And since the 'basic' Caster has a STR of E, an END of E, and an AGI of C, deviating from those in terms of strength and endurance by three ranks would mean Turpin is leagues beyond, say, Gilles de Rais, another military man (though a former one). But if you look at some the Casters who have manifested in other classes, such as Gilles and Gilgamesh, both of them experienced a drop in (at least) physical parameters. Conversely, this would mean that Turpin in another, more combat-y class would have STR and END close to the levels of Heracles and above/equal to those of King Arthur (which I don't quite think he qualifies for).
    Still, its your sheet and you can be of whatever opinion on the subject that you wish. I'm merely pointing it out.

And on the second, if he qualifies for those, why are Assassin and Berserker the only other classes listed? (was more the point I was getting at)
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; July 2nd, 2019 at 12:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    For why only Assassin and Berserker are listed, I didn’t want to overload that part of the sheet and my version is more qualified for those than saber and rider.

You know I hope this doesn’t come across as rude but I don’t think we’ll ever agree on how to make servant sheets. You’re much more by the book and I sort of feel like the rules are only there as general guidelines that can be broken.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; July 2nd, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For why only Assassin and Berserker are listed, I didn’t want to overload that part of the sheet and my version is more qualified for those than saber and rider.You know I hope this doesn’t come across as rude but I don’t think we’ll ever agree on how to make servant sheets. You’re much more by the book and I sort of feel like the rules are only there as general guidelines that can be broken.
    Disagreements are only natural when it comes to opinions. Everyone has their own way, after all. And I can more or less see what you're trying to do in your sheets, it's just the deviation from (my understanding of) "the rules" that keeps bothering me.

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: N/A
    True Name: Aspasia
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Greece (5th century BCE)
    Armament: N/A

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MANA: C
    LUCK: C
    NP: B+

Skills
    Class Skills

Territory Creation - Rank D: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Construction of a 'Parlor' becomes possible, though Caster requires an existing building to serve as a basis for her territory. Though not aiding in the use of magecraft directly, the thought processes of those inside are accelerated and augmented, creating a place for discussion, contemplation and discovery. As a place of privacy, the presences of those inside Caster's territory are hard to detect from the outside.

Item Construction - Rank E-: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Caster can only create the simplest of items, mostly in the form of household goods. She is quite proud of her weaving, though she cannot produce truly magical items with it.

Personal Skills

Socratic Question - Rank B: A question on the existence or nonexistence of an individual. The Socratic Question posits that the existence of an individual is meaningless in the face of the reality of that individual’s purported deeds. A Skill that places a possibly imaginary existence on top of a pre-existing one.
    Caster’s actions are in many ways comparable to the purported deeds of Socrates. As such, one who has served the role that Socrates is said to have played is, in essence, Socrates himself. The answers that scholars have arrived to concerning this question are as follows:
    1) Socrates is the individual whose qualities exhibited in Plato's writings are corroborated by Aristophanes and Xenophon.
    (2) Socrates is he who claims to possess no wisdom but still participates in exercises with the aim of gaining understanding.
    (3) Socrates is the Socrates who appears in Plato's earliest dialogues.
    (4) The real Socrates is the one who turns from a pre-Socratic interest in nature to ethics, instead.

Wisdom of Humanity - Rank A: A wisdom not received from the gods or granted by study of Mystery, being the product of human contemplation instead. In other words, worldly wisdom or philosophy. It grants the ability to observe and analyze, forming the root of all human works. As such, Wisdom of Humanity functions to provide a solution to almost any obstacle.
    Caster is legendary for her wisdom. Her Socratic Question equates her with the Father of Philosophy, and as such provides her the ability to tap into the results of Western Philosophy.

Eloquence - Rank A: The skill of being artistic and persuasive with one’s words. Simply through speech, it is possible to convince anyone of almost anything.
    Caster can, with her words, come to convince others to believe the direct opposite of what they believed before she spoke. She can also use Eloquence as a means of quelling animosity and hatred, but this usage is not suitable for massed targets.

Human Observation - Rank B: A technique to observe and understand people.
    With a few moments of observation, Caster can accurately analyze a person’s inner self. Through this, she can discover the personal leanings and even pasts of others, even people she does not know.
    Noble Phantasms
    The Socratic Method
    Elenkhos

Anti-Wisdom, Rank A
    Elenkhos is Caster’s method of dialogue and questioning manifested as a Noble Phantasm. It is a form of argumentative dialogue between individuals, occurring for the sake of stimulating critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presuppositions. However, it can also be understood as a method to crush prevailing theories. As a secondary effect to the Noble Phantasm, questions asked by Caster carry a strong compulsion effect, forcing the subject to answer.
    Through the use of questioning, Caster can call the foundations of a belief, whether in a concept or an underlying theory. As Caster continues asking questions, a series of checks are made. With every successful check, the ‘core’ of another’s belief is revealed little by little. Once this ‘core’ is understood by Caster, she can execute an attack against it. Though she cannot destroy something that is proven to exist, she can, in essence, manipulate reality on a small scale for some time. An example would be for her to use Elenkhos to disprove a target’s understanding of gravity. If successful, this would break the effect of gravity on a target for a short period of time. Naturally, Elenkhos can also be used to attack a person’s sense of self, morality or skill in arms as well.
    Of course, Caster prefers to use Elenkhos “properly”, by merely using it as a process of disserting concepts of morality.

Description
    Dislikes: Oracles, sickness
    Talents: Advising others, composing speeches
    Natural Enemy: Plato

Caster’s true identity is Aspasia, though she is also known as Socrates, the Father of Philosophy. As her True Name is Aspasia, her manifestation as Socrates is due to fulfilling several of the conditions listed under her Socratic Question Skill.

Aspasia’s personality is shaped largely by her experiences as a foreign woman in Athens. She prefers seclusion to acting in public. As a lover of knowledge and teaching, she is set back by her reserved nature, and as such prefers to pursue either subject in private, face-to-face discussion rather than in a more public venue. Her habits afford her some measure of unintentional mystique, which likely served to draw some of the great men of her era to her.
    Despite her other personality traits, Aspasia is resolute in her pursuit of knowledge. She can become very intrigued by a mysterious concept or person, doggedly working to get to the truth. Oddly, she does not recognize this trait as a part of her, believing it to be a result of her identification as Socrates. Other traits, such as a strange dislike of oracles and soothsayers, are also counted among quirks that she has ‘received’, though she cannot help but relate to the feeling of distaste that she receives when dealing with prophecy.
    Owing to her love of philosophy, Aspasia has a fondness for those Heroic Spirits that were considered wise. Naturally, she wishes to discuss and test their wisdom at length, and see if they have arrived to similar conclusions as she herself has. Due in part to the treatment she received in life, she reacts unkindly to misogynism, holding gender as a poor basis for exclusion from anything, mental activities least of all. Aspasia also finds her gaze drawn to Servants that are untameable in nature, whether they be free spirits or thinkers.
    Aspasia’s relationship to her Master depends entirely on whether she approves of them or not. A just, wise, or simply free-spirited Master is akin to a pupil in her mind. As a teacher and a Servant, Aspasia would devote herself to them, helping them both in the Holy Grail War and as a person. A Master utterly failing to meet her criteria would, whether through cruelty or stupidity, cause her to turn against them. She would still attempt to better them, but would likely seek to assist her Master’s enemies should they prove unresponsive to her methods. However, as she is more given to thinking than fighting, she approaches the idea of slaying other Servants with distaste.
    Though she is driven to seek wisdom, Aspasia’s true wish to the Holy Grail is to be allowed to be with her family again. From her time with Pericles, all her work was born. As such, that which guided generations to wisdom as ‘Socrates’ is the result of her family, as is the pursuit of the knowledge of ‘Good’, that ‘Socrates’ sought. For Aspasia, her ‘Good’ lies in those halcyon days.

Lore
    Aspasia is recorded as the lover and partner of the statesman Pericles, having come to Athens from Ionia. Her house was the intellectual center of Athens, attracting the wise men of her era, among them Socrates, Plato, Aristophanes, and Xenophon. Her tutorship of Socrates in particular is noted to have been a formative part of his later fame. Though she spent most of her adult life in Greece, few details of her life are fully known.

In history, however, there was really no-one known as ‘Socrates’ that matched the qualities he was recorded to exhibit. Rather, the ‘Socrates’ of recorded history is a mouthpiece for the three philosophers, Plato, Aristophanes, and Xenophon, each of whom Aspasia taught. However, due to the dishonorable nature of receiving tutelage from a woman, they agreed to invent the character of ‘Socrates’ to be their teacher.
    Aspasia’s life closely matches the purported life of Socrates. She was also prone to questioning others in the agora, and in the wake of the Peloponnesian War, she became unpopular due to her opinions. Having lost the protection of Pericles at the statesman’s death, Aspasia was put on trial and was subsequently found guilty of both corrupting the minds of the youth of Athens and of impiety, and as a punishment sentenced to death, caused by the drinking of a mixture containing poison hemlock.

Notes
    This sheet started out as just Aspasia, but the fact that the dates of Aspasia and Socrates’ actions from their date of birth to their deaths match up very closely got me curious. Though it’s a stretch, by use of the Socratic problem one can arrive to the conclusion that Aspasia might’ve been Socrates.Also can’t help but feel the personality came out a bit bland.

The original idea behind Elenkhos was more or less a “Logic bomb”, robbing abilities and skills of their basis and thus collapsing one’s ability to use their powers. The end result became… Somewhat different. I hope I managed to make the underlying logic of it clear, though.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; July 2nd, 2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: reformating

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aspasia: A really cool sheet. I've never heard of the theory identifying her with Socrates before (or really, heard of her at all) but it's really fascinating stuff. I also love how you interpreted the Socratic Dialogue for her NP. "Disproving gravity to make things float" is such a wonderfully silly concept, and it totally feels like the kind of thing Nasu might use.

Out of curiosity, how do you think Aspasia would get along with my own philosopher Servants, like Empedocles and Zeno?

Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention it at the time, but reading this comment gave me the idea of doing a Merlin (Alter) based on his earlier incarnation "Myrddin Wyllt" - the mad wizard who roamed the Caledonian forest. Maybe seeing Artoria Alter had broken his spirit and he became a Ben Kenobi/Yoda-esque hermit or something?

Perhaps something to keep tucked in the back for later. Lord knows I already have a ridiculously large backlog as it is right now. @_@

The Saber of Wonderland

SaberThe Girl Who Traveled Wonderland
    Saber Alice Liddell

Class: Saber
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Alter Ego, Foreigner
    True Name:True Name: Alice Liddell
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Armaments: Overly large sword

AppearanceAppearance: Blonde haired, blue dressed young woman (early to mid 20’s) carrying an extra-large sword with carvings depicting images of wonderland.

BioBio: A simple girl whom lived a simple life, on the merits of her own life she likely would’ve never become a heroic spirit. Yet her father would become friends with a fellow teacher Charles Dodgson, whom Alice would come to know as uncle. Dodgson would take Alice and her siblings on trips, play with them, and tell them stories, and eventually publish some of those stories.

Charles Dodgson would publish the story “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” as well as many nonsensical poems under the name Lewis Carroll, all of these becoming classics which stand the test of time. Through these stories and poems Carroll would become a Heroic Spirit after his death and lay the path for young Alice to follow suit.

Even after his her “Uncle Carroll’s” death Alice would live a relatively normal life with little of note occurring but the stories Alice, of Wonderland, would always continue. And thus, upon her death, Alice would be recorded into the Throne of Heroes, as the girl who traveled wonderland, and moreover be fused with the Vorpal Blade creating a powerful Heroic Spirit.

ParametersParameters:
    -Strength: B
    -Endurance: B
    -Agility: C+
    -Mana: A++
    -Luck: A++
    -NP: A+

Class SkillsClass Skills: Magic Resistance A+: A skill to which offers resistance to magic, it cancels spells of A rank or less and lessens the effect of higher-level magic.

Territory Creation A+ (Illogical): A skill denoting one’s ability to structures which do not make logical sense and or defy the laws of physics. While normally Saber has the normal variant of this skill (at a lower rank) her Noble Phantasm has mutated and increased to its current form.

Item Creation (Illogical) C+: A skill denoting one’s ability to create objects which do not make logical sense and or defy the laws of physics. Throughout Sabers journeys she encountered a variety of unusual and logic defying objects (mostly of the size changing variety), thus earning her this skill. However, as she did not create these items the skill is de-ranked to its current state.

Existence Outside the Domain A+: A skill denoting an existence which is foreign to the world, Saber earns this skill not because she harbors the power of a “God not of this world”, nor for being one herself. Instead she carries the power of a world with rules far different from earth. This power should make this skill EX, however due to Saber having been born of earth, and maintaining a human mind this skill has been de-ranked to its current state. This skill allows Saber to side step the rules imposed by the world (or by others) and warp reality.

Personal SkillsPersonal Skills: Double Summon B: A skill which gives a servant access to the powers, skills, and abilities of another class. With this skill Saber has access to her abilities as a Caster and Foreigner, allowing her to cast basic magecraft and improving the ranks of related skills.

Muse C++: A skill denoting one’s ability to inspire others artistic endeavors, in life Saber was made into the main character of many of Lewis Carrols nonsensical stories both those he published, and those know only to Carrol, Saber, and her siblings. Though made the main character and helping to inspire some of his stories, Saber still did not have a very active role in this resulting in the skill at its current rank. At its current rank Saber can help inspire those with artistic talent to finish and improve their artistic pursuits, with any form of art (including the “Art” of magecraft) so long as the one it is being used on considers this pursuit to be art.

Phantasmal Slayer A++: A unique skill born not of Saber herself but her sword, the Vorpal Blade. It denotes the ability to hunt and kill unspecified phantasmal species, making any attack Saber performs against one with such a trait more effective. The Vorpal Blade having infamously slain a creature known as the Jabberwocky Saber is able to easily defeat lesser phantasmals, and harm even the likes of dragon (though not as effectively as a skill specifically meant to be used against one specific species).

Looking Glass A++: A unique skill which denotes one’s ability to traverse worlds, Saber has on two occasions traveled to the world called Wonderland, resulting in this skill increasing to its highest level. However as both occasions were dreams it is de-ranked to its current state. With this skill Saber can use magically crafted passageways to travel anywhere she can create a doorway. This includes taking her from one place on earth to another, leaving reality marbles, or even traveling to the reverse side of the world.

Noble PhantasmsNoble Phantasms: Wonderland: And My Adventures There C+: Normally manifesting as a reality marble which imitates the famous world Alice explored within the book, it has decreased in rank and altered because of her summoning as a Saber class servant. Wonderland now exists as a bounded field which can deployed to erode the laws of physics while within its confines. Additionally, Alice can speed up the process of her Territory Creation (Illogical) and Item Construction (Illogical) skills.

The Vorpal Blade: Went Snicker-Snack! A+: A sword from Lewis Carrols nonsensical poem “Jabberwocky” Alice has fused its existence into herself earning her both the Saber class and this NP. Like Carrols books and poem, the sword itself makes no logical sense, it is obscenely large yet has little weight, it does not heat up in fire, yet becomes soft in cold and reflects light when poison is dripped upon it, as well as any number of other nonsense effects, which change each time she is summoned.

Despite its nonsensical nature, it does maintain some common traits inherited from the poem of its origin which always remain the same. It is extra effective against phantasmals, due to the Jabberwocky being a nebulously defined but fantastical creature. Moreover, it also seems to be able to due further damage to Berserker class enemies for similar reasons.

Interactions with othersInteractions with others:

-Summon line: “Callooh! Callay! What a day! I’m have answered you summons O Master! Now of you go, with Alice Liddell in tow! Faster, faster and Faster!”

-Artoria Pendragon: “I’ve always loved your stories, I think my favorite has to be the one where you killed that Bandersnatch. Hmm, what do you mean you’ve never heard of a Bandersnatch? I see, Uncle Carroll must’ve been improvising again.”

-William Shakespeare/Anderson: “I’ve never been to fond of sad stories, but I cannot deny you are rather good at writing them.”

-Lewis Carroll: “My, my, my, uncle Carroll the table have turned. Oh, don’t worry I’m just joking, no matter what form our bodies take you shall always be my weird uncle, and I your adoring friend and niece.”

-Sherlock Holmes: “Oh Mr. Holmes, would like some tea. How am I having tea on the ceiling? Well Mr. Holmes why don’t you join me and try and figure out this Mystery.”

-Alice Liddell: “Curiouser, and curiouser.”

-Jack the Ripper (Assassin): “To think the that the famous killer were but children looking for a mother to care for them. Still you’ve caused a lot of trouble for a lot of people.”

-Jack the Ripper (Caster)/Lewis Carroll (Alter): “No, No, NO!!! I refuse you, I cannot accept your existence, begone you foul demon.”

Other's interactions with herOther’s interactions with her:

-Alice Liddell: “Curiouser, and curiouser.”

-Amadeus Mozart: “My that’s a rather large sword. Were you a man I’d probably ask if you were trying to compensate for something.”

-William Shakespeare: “Well I’ve more than just tragedies, though I must admit I don’t think of them as my best work.”

-Anderson: “What do I care about your opinion.”

-Lewis Carroll: “My dear friend and niece I’m glade to have finally seen you as a fully-grown woman. If only I could’ve seen your journey there.”

-Sherlock Holmes: “Why I would love- Mrs. Liddell how is it you are drinking tea on the ceiling. Not going to tell me, in that case I’ll just have to take you up on that offer and “Figure out this Mystery.”

-Jack the Ripper (Caster)/Lewis Carroll Alter: “My, my, my, such harsh words Alice, why you never said such things as a child.”

Authors NotesAuthors Notes: So, without anything else to talk about here (that I can think of) I’ll explain some of the interactions, and a few ideas I couldn’t put anywhere else for one reason or another. Beginning with Sherlock Holmes, he and Alice (and Lewis Carroll) would have a sort of love/hate relationship due to having opposing powers. Alice and Carroll’s NP can create new mysteries, giving Holmes the chance to solve them. He loves this because that means he has endless mysteries to solve, but its also frustrating because he’ll never fully solve Wonderland since it just replaces every mystery he solves with another. But it’s a net positive relationship since Holmes enjoys the challenge, and Alice finds him entertaining.

In the interactions the Caster class Jack the Ripper and Lewis Carroll Alter is listed in the same place, and the reason for this is because they are the same person. The basic idea is that the theory/rumor that Lewis Carroll was the murderer Jack the Ripper as the base to create a servant that is the manifestation of all the nasty rumors that surround Carroll. Alice hates him because he is basically a living lie, that tarnishes the good name of a beloved uncle.

Blog Entries
    Very nice Shiki-pon, hope to see more philosophers, Immortals, artists, and any other category I can't think of at this moment from you.