Page 798 of 858 FirstFirst ... 298698748788793796797798799800803808848 ... LastLast
Results 15,941 to 15,960 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    and please what is your oppinion of my Nofruseth ?
    Hgnnnnh. Fine.

I can only assume that the sheet's subject is supposed to be Sobekneferu/Neferusobek (corrupted by Set). It would do you good to use one of the subject's more commonly used names - i.e. those used in non-German sources (as well as in said German sources). That, or as close as one can get to the figure's original name. It also makes little to no sense to hide the "bek" part of her name, though a lack of sense is not exactly something out of the ordinary for this sheet. I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to spam "Dragon-Queen" everywhere on the sheet, and that lack of understanding fills me with a profound sense of happiness. Also Sobek is represented by crocodiles, which are not dinosaurs, which are not dragons. So if that was the origin of even some of this madness, I think there are some severe lapses in logic.
    Awful mishmash of two classes aside, she has your usual super-overpowered fare of Class Skills with little to no reason or justification. At this stage, I feel it to be important to note that Set hardly goes for an Avenger (except maybe against Horus for the mutilate-y bits, but in that conflict Horus is closer to the Avenger of the piece), so the connection is very flimsy.
    As for the Personal Skills, she strikes me as essentially a wannabe-Tiamat without any of the justification or mythological oomph to back up her claim. Having Chaos Tide (which, as the literate among us can discover, might as well be Tiamat's body) is downright silly, as Set (who still has no connection to Tiamat or the Chaos Tide) is the god of the desert, which to me seems like something that is the opposite of a traditional sea. She also has the usual collection of IP-style Skills apparently giving her every imaginable Skill several times over.
    I still have no clue why you insist on giving every footnote of a Heroic Spirit an EX-ranked NP, and I sincerely hope I never will. I'll spare myself the suffering of having to sift through whatever random abilities you've decided to tack onto those, but given the quality of the rest of the sheet, I doubt there's much to note in the NP section.

So all in all, you've ramped up a historical footnote to godlike levels with neither justification nor sense, essentially transplanted Tiamat onto a sheet (while making her appear even more overpowered) and vomited some mumbo-jumbo about Set to justify the whole deal. Aaand you've given this abomination three separate EX-ranked Noble Phantasms.
    Also the grammar and spelling is still terrible.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 17th, 2019 at 05:34 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^I won't defend all of this stuff, but the Sobek = dragon connection is based on how Suchos, which derives from Sobek's name, became a generic classification for all kinds of reptiles and adjacent beings. There's even a dinosaur called the Suchosaurus, which is probably where Koga got that connection. It actually made sense and was pretty clever IMO. Struck me as the kind of out-there but plausible reach Nasu himself might make...

Blog Entries
    Servant Foreigner:

Appearance:

True Name: Tycho Brahe "The Outshone Star"

Alternate Class: Caster

Alignment
    : True Neutral

Strength- C+
    Agility- D
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B+
    Luck- C
    NP- A+

Personality
    Passionate and eccentric. Foreigner is wholeheartedly devoted to his astronomical research. Ever since a young boy looking up at the stars he was fascinated by the heavens and sought to uncover their mysteries. But Foreigner isn't just a dry scholar. He's a man who believes in living life to the fullest in every aspect, savoring physical pleasures as well as intellectual ones. He enjoys drinking and feasting in excess. Foreigner is also quite hotheaded, having gotten in a duel with a fellow mathematician over whose measurements were more accurate. This trait is exaggerated by Cthugha's corruption, making him erupt in a violent rage when his theories are challenged.

Cthugha's influence on Foreigner's psyche manifests mainly in exaggerating his temper and stubbornness. Foreigner defiantly clings to his Tychonic Model of cosmology- where the earth is at the center of the universe but all other planets orbit around the sun- despite it being long since refuted in favor of the Heliocentric Theory.

His relationship with rival scientists and astronomers- which was originally a respectful rivalry- has degraded into intense jealousy and rage at those he sees as "stealing his glory". He harbors an especially strong grudge against his former partner Johannes Kepler, who used Foreigner's research after his death to refine his own Heliocentric model. For Foreigner in his current state this is the ultimate betrayal, and he'll fly into a mad rage at the merest mention of the man. In these moments, he isn't too different from a Berserker Class Servant.

As a more amusing trait, Foreigner loves deer. He owned a pet deer in life, doted on it exceptionally and was heartbroken when it died. If he encounters a deer in the Grail War, either from the modern age or as the mount of a fellow Servant, Foreigner will completely lose his composure and start gushing over how "cute and fluffy!" it is.

Foreigner's wish on the Holy Grail would be to be prove himself right for all time, asserting his Tychonic Model as the universal truth and consigning Heliocentrism to the dustbin of history. However, if he were to actually obtain the Grail, Cthugha would immediately hijack Foreigner's body and wish to free itself from its eternal captivity.

Dislikes: people questioning his measurements, being disturbed while he works
    Talents: astronomy, rebutting rivals
    Natural Enemy: Johannes Kepler

Class Skills:

Existence Beyond The Domain- B

A Skill inherent to the Foreigner Class, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is partially resistant to physical and mental damage, as his true self exists far beyond the reality perceivable by humans. This defense can be bypassed if the attacker themselves is connected to "something beyond man", like by possessing the Divinity Skill.

Having pacted with Cthugha, a god lurking in the unknowable vastness of space far beyond the reach of man, Foreigner sports a high rank in this Skill. As a side effect of this Skill Foreigner's body sometimes exerts the properties of a celestial body, giving off heat and light and gravitating small objects towards him.

Divinity- D
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. As one of the Great Old Ones Cthugha would boast a high rank in this Skill.

However, its exiled status and Foreigner's disbelief that his patron god is anything more than an astronomical body have ranked down this Skill severely.

Insanity- C+
    A Mental Pollution-like Skill gained from contracting with an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner Class is being able to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness or, instead of being consumed by the madness, they consume the madness itself. Due to his vessel's strong will, Cthugha refrains from trying to dominate Foreigner's mind outright. Instead, the foul god's influence manifests as a phantom whispering in the back of Foreigner's mind, subtly manipulating him to gain its longed-for freedom.

Personal Skills:

Stellar Clairvoyance- B
    When Foreigner gazed into the distant stars, "something" gazed back at him. By closing his eyes Foreigner can use the stars themselves as his "eyes", viewing his surroundings from a heaven's eye view. This Skill is ideal for scouting out the terrain. However because of Foreigner's overly focused personality, he can easily lose sight of what's right in front of him.

As an obvious limitation, this Skill is only usable at night when the stars are visible in the sky.

Familiars (Fire Vampires)- B
    Foreigner can summon the attendants of his patron god, the Fire Vampires, as familiars. These "fire vampires" normally manifest as blazing wisps of light that flit balefully around Foreigner like fireflies. They'll automatically seek out any living creature in the vicinity and swarm around it, draining its life-energy to feed themselves. This process sets the victim ablaze, resembling a case of spontaneous combustion.

At Foreigner's personal preference he often condenses the fire vampires into the form of a monstrous-looking elk made entirely of roiling flames, recreating his beloved pet from life. This elk is as strong as a mid-tier Phantasmal Beast and is very loyal to Foreigner. If it's killed, Foreigner won't be able to summon any more fire vampires for the next 24 hours.

Enmity Towards The Beyond- C+

Johannes Kepler was as if a man blessed by the stars. No matter how hard Foreigner tried, he could never reach the heights of glory attained by that man. Cthugha's rage against the Elder Gods who imprisoned him and Foreigner's resentment at being outshone combine to create this Personal Skill.

When fighting those who defied fate to forge a new path for humanity to traverse, equating to Servants with the Star Attribute, Foreigner receives a great damage boost to his attacks. His spite becomes white-hot flames to scorch his hated rivals from existence. Thus, this Skill also manifests as Mana Burst (Flames) at the same rank.

Noble Phantasm
    De Nova Stella
    Be Born, Star Of Madness

Type: Anti-Army

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the "new star" that Foreigner witnessed in the sky. This discovery lead him to overturn the dogmas of Aristotelian astronomy, which posited that the heavens were eternal and unchanging. Though believed in modern times to be a supernova, unbeknownst even to Foreigner the "star" he glimpsed in the sky that night was actually Cthugha, the Great Old One sealed away in the heart of an alien sun. Although separated by the vast eons of space this established a "connection" between Tycho and Cthugha, allowing him to be summoned as a Foreigner-Class Servant.

Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm, Foreigner summons his otherworldly patron in its true form. A massive swirling orb of heat and plasma, covered in ugly dark blotches and occasionally spurting great gouts of flame. Though lacking any recognizable features, the orb gives an impression of ravenous hunger and cruel intellect.

Cthugha's mere presence imposes a large-scale breakdown in reality. Physical laws like gravity become mere suggestions as the fabric of space itself is rent and distorted, pulling everything inexorably towards the star's ravenous gaping maw. Those gazing directly at Cthugha must pass a mental resistance check for every turn, lest they be driven temporarily insane by the god's terrible form.

Only Foreigner himself is unscathed by this Noble Phantasm due to his contract with Cthugha.

While this is a highly powerful Noble Phantasm, manifesting the true form of a Great Old One in reality isn't something that can be done freely. Keeping Cthugha active for more than five turns will result in the Counter Force coming down to try and purge the anomaly. Thus Foreigner prefers to only use this Noble Phantasm as a last resort.
    However, because of his rage he'll immediately invoke this Noble Phantasm if the opponent challenges his theories, or against "
    Kepler
    that man
    ".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after writing up that Hypatia sheet I got inspired to do another Foreigner. I was inspired by Nuclear Consensus' Brahe sheet back on the old thread in some respects, but I definitely wanted to go for my own take on the guy. As always, comments and critiques would be heartily welcomed. Thanks for reading y'all!

Blog Entries
    Tycha: Really cool sheet, and it looks like we've both done foreigners with Cthuga and had fire vampires as a skill. Of course Tycha is very different from Rinaldo so I don't have to worry about being outshone there. Stellar Clairvoyance is a very interesting skill and surprisingly narrow in use with thinks like rooftops or it being daytime pretty much making it useless. The Noble Phantasm is very wow and honestly I feel it should be an EX ranked due to how insane a complete breakdown of reality is, counter force retaliation or no.

Tycha himself is very interesting as a charachter, because he seems a little like a jerk. I understand that is probably almost all because of Cthuga but his inability to believe anything but his own theories can be a strong motivator for conflict. The idea of Cthuga taking over Tycha for such a purpose and just waiting for the right time is also very powerful.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    Tycha: Really cool sheet, and it looks like we've both done foreigners with Cthuga and had fire vampires as a skill. Of course Tycha is very different from Rinaldo so I don't have to worry about being outshone there. Stellar Clairvoyance is a very interesting skill and surprisingly narrow in use with thinks like rooftops or it being daytime pretty much making it useless. The Noble Phantasm is very wow and honestly I feel it should be an EX ranked due to how insane a complete breakdown of reality is, counter force retaliation or no.

Tycha himself is very interesting as a charachter, because he seems a little like a jerk. I understand that is probably almost all because of Cthuga but his inability to believe anything but his own theories can be a strong motivator for conflict. The idea of Cthuga taking over Tycha for such a purpose and just waiting for the right time is also very powerful.
    I actually totally forgot about your Foreigner when writing this sheet. I guess you're right there is a bit of a contrast there.

For Tycho's personality, I originally made him nicer but changed my mind after reading more about him and finding out that he really was a bit of a jerk in life. His real life relationship with Kepler was actually quite complex and fascinating, as Tycho clearly respected his talents but could also be very bullying and spiteful towards him. Cthuga is definitely bringing out the worst in him, but "that side" was always there.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback cooldown.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ^I won't defend all of this stuff, but the Sobek = dragon connection is based on how Suchos, which derives from Sobek's name, became a generic classification for all kinds of reptiles and adjacent beings. There's even a dinosaur called the Suchosaurus, which is probably where Koga got that connection. It actually made sense and was pretty clever IMO. Struck me as the kind of out-there but plausible reach Nasu himself might make...
    And you do understand that this is because Suchos eventually became Suchus, both of which took on the literal meaning "crocodile", right? Hence why this generic classification likely has something to do with the crocodilian nature or appearance of the animals under said classification. And (at least) one dinosaur being understood as having a vaguely crocodilian appearance does not make all crocodiles dinosaurs or all dinosaurs crocodiles, it just makes that one dinosaur vaguely crocodilian. And as instead of something with at least a vague connection to that idea, there's a Spinosaurus instead... Welp.

And on the subject of Tycho Brahe, I'm interested in why Existence Outside the Domain has its rank. As I've understood, most Foreigners seem to have it at EX-rank, excepting BB, who appears to have Nyarlathotep's power but none of the driving will (having been given some of its power but none of its will, if the contact even happened). Is it lower due to the same reason as his Divinity's rank is lower, perhaps?
    One also wonders if his Enmity Towards the Beyond has some effect on possessors of the Pioneer of the Stars Skill, in case a user happens to lack the Star attribute. Although I guess it makes more sense to key it to the attribute rather than the Skill, while simultaneously tying it to things that are "beyond" in a sense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    And on the subject of Tycho Brahe, I'm interested in why Existence Outside the Domain has its rank. As I've understood, most Foreigners seem to have it at EX-rank, excepting BB, who appears to have Nyarlathotep's power but none of the driving will (having been given some of its power but none of its will, if the contact even happened). Is it lower due to the same reason as his Divinity's rank is lower, perhaps?
    One also wonders if his Enmity Towards the Beyond has some effect on possessors of the Pioneer of the Stars Skill, in case a user happens to lack the Star attribute. Although I guess it makes more sense to key it to the attribute rather than the Skill, while simultaneously tying it to things that are "beyond" in a sense.
    Existence Beyond The Domain has a lower rank because just existing deep in outer space isn't as "outside" as being in another dimension entirely or something. Of course the official criteria for the Skill haven't been outlined in canon yet, so that's just my personal headcanon, but it makes sense to me. I thought of his third Skill targeting those with Pioneer Of The Stars as well, but I figured it'd be redundant since pretty much everyone with that Skill is probably going to have the Star Attribute as well. In any case thanks for the feedback Shiki.

JP Friend Code
    I don't think the canon description of the skill would help you lol. Such is the fate of being a servant designed by Meteo.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby & Hokusai's profile
    Existence Ouside the Domain rank EX: Outer Universe. Visitor from the emptiness. One enchanted by an Evil God as its host and harbinger of its Authority.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I don't think the canon description of the skill would help you lol. Such is the fate of being a servant designed by Meteo.
    That's kind of what I meant about the official description not giving any clear criteria for what the Skill does or how its ranks would be decided. Just going to have to wait for mats for a more detailed explanation I guess.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, that's the mats.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    wait for mats
    Uh...that IS the mats. Where do you think I pull that description from when both of their ingame profiles don't have it lol.

There is still hope that BB and MHXX will have more lines, but I bet MHXX would just be something like "I'm from space!" and BB is "got this skill cuz she's now the harbinger of Nyarly's Authority".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Uh...that IS the mats. Where do you think I pull that description from when both of their ingame profiles don't have it lol.

There is still hope that BB and MHXX will have more lines, but I bet MHXX would just be something like "I'm from space!" and BB is "got this skill cuz she's now the harbinger of Nyarly's Authority".
    It's been a while since I read their in-game profiles so I didn't remember whether they had it described or not. Sorry about that.

死者 Corpse
    Blog Entries
    Class: Foreigner
    Other Class:Watcher
    True Name:
    Spoiler:
    Mycroft Holmes

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Region of Origin:England

Parameters:Normal (Skill/Noble Phantasm enhancement)
    Strength: E(E+)
    Endurance: D
    Agility:D(D+)
    Mana: B(EX)
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Height: 6’3”
    Weight: 71kg
    Birthday: Unknown
    Spoiler:
    Sherlock
    )
    Dislikes: Field work
    Talents: Detective work, Games of intelligence
    Armaments: A black cain, with a bronze handle.

Appearance:

In Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s novels, Foreigner is depicted as a larger, stouter man than Holmes, which can be attributed to his distaste for field work and proclivity to sweets.

His manifestation retains his height but appears as he did at Sherlocks’ age. This leaves him as a thin man, with slicked back black hair and sunken green eyes. His skin is very pale, most likely due to spending most of the day inside.

He usually manifests wearing a black suit with white edging on the jacket, with no main motifs. His tie and waistcoat are both a white colour, with bronze edging. He can also manifest an ankle length suit coat, sharing the white inlay of his jacket.

Lore:

Spoiler:
    Foreigner is the elder brother of the world-famous field detective, Sherlock Holmes. Despite popular belief, Foreigner is the most intelligent character within Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s works, although his intellectual superiority to his brother can be attributed to the fact he is seven years older than him.

His aversion towards field-work stems from the same event that grants him his Foreigner status. He was following the trail of a set of killings that seemed to hold connections to the occult, but not the types he knew were studied in the clock tower. When the perpetrators, a cult of Magi who believed the Outer God, Volgna-Gath, could be used as a path to the root, discovered his investigation, Foreigner was kidnapped and planned to be used in the next experiment.

This, unlike previous occasions, succeeded in forming a bridge to the Outer God as Foreigners’ mind was able to withstand the strain of exposure to the eldritch entity, but resulted in the deaths of the magus clan involved.

Foreigner had this connection sealed, causing his eyes to become steel-grey in the process, by a family friend who was a magus specialized in spiritual evocation and runes. Despite this, for the rest of Foreigners life he constantly managed to attain knowledge and secrets connected to those he cares for, allowing him to assist them.

Personality:

Foreigner possess the outward appearance of a mysterious man, who does not seem to be as he presents himself and had many secrets, but is truly a highly approachable man, who utilises his ability to comprehend situations to assist those he is on good terms with. Foreigner has a good relationship with his brother, as Sherlock sees him as a guiding voice in situations even he cannot comprehend and is the only person who knows of the existence of Foreigners’ nickname, Jupiter.

Class Skills:

Spoiler:
    Existence Outside the Domain:EX
    A skill representing a Foreigners’ connection to a being “Beyond our stars” as described by a certain dreamer. Due to Foreigners’ status as a pathway to the Outer God Volgna-Gath, a collection of inter-universal knowledge almost on the level of Akasha, he is a peak example of this skill.

Divinity:C
    A skill representing Foreigners’ divine nature due to his connection to a god. Its rank is reduced due to his connection to the entity being sealed for all bar a few days.

Territory Creation: C(EX)
    The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Foreigner doesn’t produce a workshop, but instead an office in which he can enhance his true manifestation of this skill. Much like his brother, this skill manifests truly as an ever-expanding library of knowledge in his mind. Represented in his office as a collection of bookshelves on the walls of his office.

Personal Skills:

Spoiler:
    Natural Born Genius: EX
    The skill that shows one who has unparalleled natural knowledge. Allows Foreignerthe use of most Skills at B rank. Utilising his Noble Phantasm, he can enhance any of the skills to higher rank, even as far as EX. Unlike most possessors of this skill, Foreigner uses it often. This is not due to a proclivity of Foreigners’, but the fact it is necessary for proper utilisation of Foreigners’ Noble Phantasm

Natural Insight: EX
    Despite Foreigner having this skill at a higher level than his brother, his utilisation of the skill can be said to make his own version inferior. It is unknown if he is incapable or just decides not to, but he doesn’t utilise this skill as a form of clairvoyance like his brother.

Foreigner uses this skill to ascertain and comprehend the true nature of anything he sees, but has difficulty applying it to things that the human mind was never meant to comprehend. This causes Foreigner to have difficulty comprehending the knowledge of his Noble Phantasm. This difficulty leads to the fact that despite its rank, in practice, Foreigners’ perception abilities are only slightly better than Sherlock.

Eldritch Common Sense:B+
    A skill that is unique to Foreigner yet can be described as similar to the Alien Common Sense of Demons or the warped perceptions of those with Reality Marbles. Despite this description, it does not serve as the ability to project one’s own reality onto the world, as Foreigners’ own perception is still completely human. Instead, it serves as the only thing that allows Foreigner to access his Noble Phantasm and comprehend its knowledge. If this skill were to be sealed, Foreigner would no longer be able to access his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm:

Spoiler:
    Eldritch Akasha:
    Path to an Alien Gate of all Things: EX Anti-Universe
    The mind of Volgna-Gath, Outer God of secrets and guardian of knowledge, is accessible to Foreigner. The mind contains all information of this universe, and an infinite number of others. However, all information is formatted to be easily understood by the eldritch entity, and the language of its thoughts is enough to drive geniuses to madness. Most of which is so eldritch in origin and storage that it is beyond Foreigners’ grasp

By Foreigners’ own words, “Of the vast swathes of knowledge within, not even a billionth of a billionth of a percent is conceivable to my mind.” Despite this, even that small percent contains knowledge to kill Aristoteles, annihilate the Beasts and collapse this world. It is even within reasonable thought that it contains the knowledge to gain access to the true magics of this and other universes.

However, due to Foreigner sealing the connection in life, he manifests with no progress in the translation of this information. The process of comprehending the information he has access to makes it so Foreigner functions as a Servant with an ever-increasing amount of utility. It is far easier for Foreigner to comprehend information produced from humanity, with modern information taking only hours to translate. As the source of the information grows more alien, or older, it increases the difficulty to translate.

Interesting Anecdotes:

Mycrofts’ two servant forms can be considered equal in power at manifestation, but Foreigner is the stronger over time.

Mycrofts’ Natural Insight skill is at full power in his Watcher manifestation and allows him to truly comprehend the underlying mechanics and ‘Truth’ of anything just by glancing at it.

Despite Eldritch Akasha being classified as Anti-Universe, it would take from the birth of the universe to its death to reach this level, so in function, it only reaches the strength of Anti-Mountain at best during a grail war.

Command Seals cannot be used to affect Eldritch Akasha, due to the world bending power of the seals being nothing when compared to the mind of Volgna-Gath.

Mycroft has a tendency to learn styles of magecraft from throughout human history and that of alien civilizations to help him act as a ranged combatant, as he dislikes physical combat and doesn’t have parameters or skills suited to it like his brother.
    And Done! This my second servant and one of two foreigners I've been designing! I got the idea from trying to turn Mycroft into a servant and struggling to get anything other than Watcher due to his portrayal in the novels. When I came across Volgna-Gath whilst researching for another Foreigner, Ahmose I, and decided to make a connection and make the experience that gained him the connection the reason he dislikes field work.

Despite this, I believe I made to many leaps in logic to make this servant, and I believe that his NP is still far to powerful. But, whatever, everyone has problems at the beginning, right?

Upcoming Servants:

Ahmose I: Going well, just more research than expected to accurately reflect concepts.

Iskander Alter: ...I...I should never have started this, it has gone out of control.
    Last edited by King of the End, Verthranga; September 17th, 2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Sorry, Dewa-chan, I think it was.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死者 Corpse
    Blog Entries
    Huh...Didn't know about that. This may sound like an excuse, but I don't actually have a tumbler account so thus us the first I have seen this, I'll edit to remove the similarities in the design.

Thanks for notifying me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the End, Verthranga View Post
    Huh...Didn't know about that. This may sound like an excuse, but I don't actually have a tumbler account so thus us the first I have seen this, I'll edit to remove the similarities in the design.
    I hate to say it but this is way too much of a coincidence to be believable. Not only is the choice of combining Mycroft with Volgna-Gath so out-there that it's hard to believe you arrived at the same idea independently, but even the way you described his personality is quite similar. Sorry, I trusted you when you said you were a different user than Yggdrasil, but I can't believe this was anything other than a deliberate ripoff.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, kinda a big shift in tone from the last few posts, but anyone know how to figure out who a characters natural enemy would be?

Or where I could find out?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Ruler, Avenger
    True Name: Adrastos
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Classical Mythology
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MANA: C
    LUCK: B
    NP: C

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank C: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding - Rank A+: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills

Blessing of Nemesis - Rank B+: A blessing given by the Greek goddess of divine retribution. Rather than being a form of divine protection, it allows the user to stand in the goddess’ stead in disputes.
    Rider earned the goddess’ favour by erecting her first shrine after a war begun in vengeance. For his own part in the wars against their enemy, Rider consigned her to serve as the champion of Nemesis when the goddess called for him. When called to punish a party in a dispute, Rider receives empowerment from his mistress, gaining a plus modifier to all offensive actions. In addition, Rider gains the effects of the Avenger and Battle Continuation skills.

Charisma - Rank C+: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class.
    Charisma sufficient to lead a city-state as a popular king. The effects of Rider’s Charisma are increased when leading a small group of heroes.

Noble Phantasms

Steed of the Stars
    Arion

Anti-Unit, Rank A
    A Divine Spirit in the shape of a winged horse as black as a starless sky that serves as Rider’s primary Noble Phantasm. Rather than simply being a powerful beast, Arion possesses the mind of a god and is endowed with the ability to speak, being a full participant on the battlefield instead of simply serving as a mount. Arion’s speed is something that exists on a conceptual level, being simply ‘faster’ than anything he can be compared to.
    When Arion’s true name is called, the horse attains an aura of shining white magical energy, giving him the likeness of a shooting star coursing through the battlefield. The field of magical energy acts like a shield for Rider, while his attacks through the field receive a boost in power. Thanks to Arion’s supreme speed and maneuverability, Rider is capable of delivering a flurry of powerful blows from multiple directions in the space of a heartbeat

Seven Heroes United
    Hepta epi Thēbas

Anti-Army, Rank A++
    In his legend, Rider called forth seven heroes to aid him in besieging Thebes. Hepta epi Thēbas is an extremely situational Noble Phantasm, truly usable only when an outside party becomes a threat to the Holy Grail War or a large number of people.
    When the conditions are met, Rider can unleash a rallying cry, calling to the other Servants of the war. Called as if by the Holy Grail itself, the collected Servants are allowed to stand as allies, united by a single cause. Such is Hepta epi Thēbas’ power that even defeated Servants can materialize again for the duration of a single battle so that seven may stand and face their enemy. While Hepta epi Thēbas is active, the Servants are empowered through the concept of Ascension, growing closer to the “starting point of their conception”.
    Once the battle is finished, the effect of Hepta epi Thēbas immediately ends. As Rider’s body serves as the lynchpin holding the effect together, the backlash of the released energy withers his body, crippling him for the remainder of his summoning. However, it is fully possible for others to share this burden with him, lessening the damage.

Description
    Dislikes: Disrespect for the dead, suffering for the sake of vengeance
    Talents: Fair judgment, rallying heroes
    Natural Enemy: Polynices

Rider’s true identity is Adrastos, the Haggard King of Argus.

Adrastos bears a dour expression on his face, giving the impression of a hard-hearted king. Due to the suffering he has faced, however, Adrastos carries sympathy for most others. Though he keeps an emotional distance towards others, his hand is the first to be extended in order to offer aid for those in need or suffering, and he will do his utmost to deliver what he has promised. He considers the value of others to be far in excess of a failure such as he, and acts accordingly.
    Despite his manifestation as a Rider, Adrastos embraces the role of an Avenger, as he vowed to Nemesis. He will actively seek to interfere in the feuds of others, offering himself as an impartial arbiter. After making a fair judgment, with the guidance of his goddess, Adrastos will then seek to resolve the matter with as little bloodshed as possible, taking the grief, sin and enmity as his own to bear, rather than let others suffer through what he experienced.
    As they have carved their deeds upon the Throne of Heroes itself and live on in humanity’s collective memory, Adrastos offers his sincere salute to history’s heroes. Though in the eyes of some the Holy Grail War is simply the calling of Servants to serve as Familiars in the pursuit of the Root, Adrastos sees it as a celebration of humanity’s greatest deeds. As such, he will tolerate no insult to heroes, whether from his allies or enemies. Though dead, heroes of such stature should be remembered and venerated accordingly.
    As long as his Master treats the Servants with the respect they deserve, Adrastos will have no problem serving under them. While still wishing to serve their command, Adrastos will also act independently in the pursuit of his own wishes. Naturally, he is likely to rebel in small ways should his Master prove unworthy.
    Beyond anything else, Adrastos would wish to meet again with the rest of the seven who stood against Thebes.

Lore
    Adrastus was born as a prince of Argos. During his youth, a feud between the most powerful houses of his home city resulted in the death of his father, Talaus, forcing Adrastos to flee to Sicyon. As the king of Sicyon, Polybus, died without heirs, he designated Adrastos as the new ruler. Once, after hosting the hero Heracles in his hall, Adrastos was given the divine steed Arion as a reward.
    Eventually, however, Adrastos came to be reconciled with his father’s killer, Amphiaurus, and returned to Argos to reign as a king. He reigned over Argos in peace until the day that a pair of high-born refugees came to his city: Tydeus of Caledon and a nameless youth from Thebes. The two men came to words and started fighting outside Adrastos’ palace. Upon hearing the sounds of their battle, Adrastos hastened out, separating the combatants and calming the situation. Recognizing the two from a prophecy told to him by Amphiaurus, Adrastos understood that the youths, bearing shields with a boar and a lion upon them respectively, were to be the husbands of two of his daughters. After the four were wedded, Adrastos promised his sons-in-law that he would do all in his power to help them return to their homes. Only then did the other youth reveal himself as Polynices, son of Oedipus and one of the kings of Thebes, usurped by his brother Eteocles.
    Bound by his vow, Adrastos called for heroes to aid him in besieging Thebes’ seven great gates. Though his spirits were low after Amphiaurus advised him that the war would end badly and he dearly wished none would answer, three heroes still came to heed Adrastos’ call: Capaneus, Hippomedon and Parthenopaeus. Amphiaurus, closer to him than a brother, joined Adrastos, with Tydeus and Polynices bringing their number to seven. And so they went to war.
    Though the assembled forces broke through Thebes’ armies, the breaking of each gate took its toll, with a hero falling upon each one. Though Adrastos survived his battle, the last gate was held by the king, Eteocles. The seventh gate remained standing, with Polynices and Eteocles dying by each other’s hand, bringing their curse and feud to an end. Broken, Adrastos was whisked away from the battle by Arion, leaving the bodies of his friends and comrades on the battlefield.
    After the battle, Creon, now regent of Thebes, ordered that none of the fallen enemies be given funeral rites. Not wishing to see his comrades and men so insulted, Adrastos went to plead for the aid of Theseus, the king of Athens. With Theseus’ help, a sortie was launched to recover the bodies of the six comrades that fell attacking the gates. With the bodies secured, the Athenians retreated.
    Ten years after the disastrous war, Adrastos, still burning with vengeance, persuaded the sons of the fallen to make a new attack upon the city. Visited by his friend Amphiaurus in a dream, Adrastos was assured that the gods approved of the undertaking due to Thebes’ ungodly ways and that the war would be successful.
    Argos’ armies marched against Thebes and razed the city to the ground, though most of its inhabitants had evacuated under the advice of the prophet Tiresias. The only hero of Argos to fall in the second attack was Adrastos’ own son, Aegialeus. Finally understanding his place in the grand scheme of things, Adrastos grieved at fate’s cruelty. As he had been a tool in the vengeance of another and had in his own turn pursued revenge, he built the first temple to Nemesis in the ruins of Thebes, pledging him to the goddess so that others would not have to suffer as tools of another’s vengeance.
    He then returned home, but died shortly after his arrival, weighed down by age and grief.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 17th, 2019 at 04:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Hi, kinda a big shift in tone from the last few posts, but anyone know how to figure out who a characters natural enemy would be?

Or where I could find out?
    For Natural Enemy I would pick either someone who the character had a rivalry with in life (like Tesla to Edison), or someone who they'd clash with conceptually even if they never met in life. For an example of the latter for my Houdini sheet I included Britomartis the goddess of traps in the natural enemy section, because I figured a goddess of traps would be a fitting rival for a master escape artist.

It's worth noting that Natural Enemy can also sometimes mean just someone the character would have the hardest time fighting against, not necessarily someone they dislike. So for instance Fiore in Apocrypha has her brother Caules listed as her natural enemy, because it'd be hard for her to bring herself to fight her own brother. In general this is an extremely minor part of a Servant sheet so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For Natural Enemy I would pick either someone who the character had a rivalry with in life (like Tesla to Edison), or someone who they'd clash with conceptually even if they never met in life. For an example of the latter for my Houdini sheet I included Britomartis the goddess of traps in the natural enemy section, because I figured a goddess of traps would be a fitting rival for a master escape artist.

It's worth noting that Natural Enemy can also sometimes mean just someone the character would have the hardest time fighting against, not necessarily someone they dislike. So for instance Fiore in Apocrypha has her brother Caules listed as her natural enemy, because it'd be hard for her to bring herself to fight her own brother. In general this is an extremely minor part of a Servant sheet so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Thanks!