Page 837 of 858 FirstFirst ... 337737787827832835836837838839842847 ... LastLast
Results 16,721 to 16,740 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    A question for a potential sheet I'm making, any input from experts on Type Moon lore appreciated.

Say the world decides to forcibly put a Servant in a class container due to fear of this Servant threatening the stability of the world or messing with the natural order of things with their abilities if they were summoned in any other class (basically similar to Holmes' case in canon). Here, does the "world" refer to Gaia or Alaya? I read their wiki entries, but I could only understand Gaia as a system that ensures the Earth's prosperity while Alaya is mankind's collective unconscious that guides them to avoid extinction...
    My best guess is that both would have some involvement in it.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Berserker, Shielder
    True Name: Guğmundr
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Norse Mythology
    Armament: Staff

Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MANA: A+
    LUCK: C
    NP: C+

Skills
    Class Skills

Territory Creation - Rank B+: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible, though Caster herself likens it more to ‘Throne Room’, giving her authority over the mana of the surrounding land. Due to her belief, mental interference effects against targets other than Caster herself are strengthened within this territory.

Item Construction - Rank B+: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Magical weapons and armor can be produced with ease, and existing magical items, even Mystic Codes, can be improved upon. Caster can also create Jötunn Bone Familiars superior to Dragon Tooth Familiars.

Personal Skills

Jötunn-Kind - Rank C: A mixed Skill representing the Jötunn of Norse Mythology, as well as their myriad shapes and abilities. Due to there being many different types of Jötunn, the specific effects vary wildly between users. Common effects include Shapeshift, Galdr, Monstrous Strength, Nature of a Rebellious Spirit, Mana Burst and others. Mana Burst is usually restricted to Fire Jötunn, taking the form of Flames.
    For Caster, the relevant Skills are Shapeshift and Nature of a Rebellious Spirit. She was not a Jötunn by birth, but is considered to have fallen to that level after she drifted away from her sisters.

Divinity - Rank C: The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    Caster once possessed Divinity at rank A, but her level has deteriorated due to her leaving the Valkyries.

Primordial Rune - Rank -: The possession of and knowledge about Runes that came from an older era. Those with possession and knowledge of Primordial Runes can also make use of the classic Rune Magic.
    She has Runes hailing from Scandinavia, almost known as Scandinavian Magic Crests. Caster was taught the secrets of the Runes by Odin himself, but cannot use them to their utmost in her current condition. Overuse of Primordial Runes would lead to Caster’s Spiritual core becoming damaged.

Twilight Survivor - Rank -: Denotes one's status as a survivor of Ragnarök, the twilight of the gods. It affords increased resistance to instant death effects as well as providing an effect similar to Battle Continuation. One who was not killed by the end of days cannot be slain by normal means.
    Caster is one of the few of her kind to survive the apocalypse of Ragnarök.

Noble Phantasms

The False Hall of the Slain
    Glæsisvellir

Fortress, Rank B++
    A shining, crystalline imitation of the Great Hall of Valhalla that Caster built in Jotunheim. Though paling in comparison the magnificent home of the Aesir, Caster’s Noble Phantasm remains impressive. The Glæsisvellir Noble Phantasm only suffers a replica of the original, long since fallen citadel, being a replica of a replica. As such, it lacks much of the power and majesty of the true Glæsisvellir.
    Glæsisvellir’s outer wall is built to withstand the assaults of Phantasmal Beasts, and can block attacks of up to rank B with ease. However, its defensive might is not Glæsisvellir’s true purpose. It is an abode representative of the Age of Gods, and ranks up Caster’s runic magecraft while she remains within its confines while also allowing her to reduce the negative effects she suffers from using Primordial Rune. Glæsisvellir also possesses an imitation of the legendary Bifröst bridge, which allows her to fling a target of her choosing to a faraway place at a great cost in magical energy. As this is a replication of a Divine Mystery, wrought with Odin’s runes, this a true teleportation effect.
    Glæsisvellir also possesses one last secret. Hidden within its halls is a secret room. However, only worthy warriors may enter it, and even Caster herself needs to prove herself in order to gain entry to it. The room contains a number of Noble Phantasm -level artefacts that Caster had collected during her reign over the castle. Cursed and blessed drinking horns, splendid swords and arm-rings that grant various effects are all within its confines, if only a worthy individual can find entry. The hidden room is even rumored to contain a fountain of youth.

Description
    Dislikes: Homesickness, Christianity
    Talents: Architectural mimicry, gauging warriors
    Natural Enemy: Brynhildr

Caster’s true identity is Guğmundr, the Queen of Glæsisvellir.

Told of in legend as a king that rules from Jotunheim, Guğmundr is actually a Valkyrie that descended to the level of Jötunn. She regards herself as the living heritage of the Aesir, though her pride hides loneliness and a longing for home. Due to her fondness for the memory of her Aesir masters and her sisters the Valkyries, she has an intense dislike of Christianity for supplanting belief in them.
    Guğmundr is remarkably foul-mouthed for a regal figure, and is prone to unleashing veritable volleys of accurate insults. She can gauge others quite well due to her experience as a Valkyrie, and particularly likes demeaning would-be heroes that she judges unworthy, though this activity probably constitutes a misuse of her gifts. She herself laughs off even the most grievous insults, as she knows herself well enough not to be bothered by lies or shocked by truths regarding herself. In fact, a quick way to garner respect in her eyes is to come up with a creative insult for her, as she finds such a thing endearing. This probably has something to do with how much time she has spent with the brutish Jötunn.
    As befits a former Valkyrie, Guğmundr has a deeply-ingrained attraction towards many Heroic Spirits, particularly the greatest of heroes. Her independent nature means that she feels the pull towards them less strongly and isn’t inclined to love, but she quickly gains respect for heroes that she sees in action. Guğmundr dislikes cowards, sorcerers and the priestly sort, particularly those that stand for Christianity.
    Guğmundr’s relationship with a Master is not set in stone, and can vary wildly depending on first impressions. She is remarkably difficult to please, and acts more like an equal than a superior or a familiar. However, if one can win her respect, Guğmundr is ready to lay down her life for the sake of her Master.
    Guğmundr deepest wish is to be reunited with her sisters.

Lore
    King Guğmund was a legendary Norse king in Jotunheim, ruling over a land called Glæsisvellir, which was known as the warrior's paradise. He appears in many sagas, and varies from a friend of humans to a devoted enemy, particularly hostile towards Christians.
    In truth, however, Guğmund was originally one of the Valkyries, automata created by the Great God Odin. Before Ragnarök, she attained independence and broke off from her kin, fleeing to Jotunheim. As this act changed her nature, she eventually became more and more like Jötunn, despite her divine origins, developing into a true individual. Despite this, she remained an ally of the Aesir, keeping good relations with them.
    Guğmund also survived the Twilight of the Gods in Ragnarök, finding herself well and truly alone. In remembrance of Odin and her sisters, she built the citadel of Glæsisvellir in the ashen wastes of Jotunheim and ruled from there as king, taking a form more in tune with her new role.

Notes
    One more to go.

This whole thing was launched by an insult against Guğmundr during a round flyting (an insult contest), where he was called a “valkyrie in a former life”. Since the rest of the insults were accurate-ish, why not that one? Guğmundr also possesses a suspicious amount of connections to Odin.
    I also recalled it being mentioned that Bryn wasn’t the only Valkyrie to gain a sort of independence, and some Valkyries survived Ragnarök. So the result was this. I suppose she got some Jötunn cred by transforming into a more imposing form in order to keep her cover.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; December 29th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    My best guess is that both would have some involvement in it.
    I see. Welp, guess I'll just have to keep it somewhat vague in their profile, thanks.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Ruler, Alter Ego
    True Name: Bertilak Santa
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Britain, Arthurian Legend
    Armament: Axe

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: C
    MANA: B
    LUCK: A
    NP: C+

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank B: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding - Rank A+: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills

Belt of Bertilak - Rank EX: A unique Skill granting the user the ability to ignore severe injuries in a similar fashion to Battle Continuation. However, rather than being an ability to ignore the effects of damage, Belt of Bertilak allows the user to survive fatal damage. As an added effect, the user is healed to the point that they are able to survive. With this, the user can even survive decapitation or the destruction of their Spiritual Core, but they would still remain severely injured afterwards. Belt of Bertilak will also activate only once per year, and as such can only be used once in a regular Holy Grail War.
    Rider was given the enchanted belt by Morgan le Fay in order to cause chaos in King Arthur’s court. With it, he was able to survive decapitation at the hands of Gawain, riding off with seemingly little injury.

Protection of the Holly Bough - Rank B: A traditional Christmas decoration. Its effect as a Skill draws from its origins as a defense against evil spirits. Protection of the Holly Bough grants the user and those he gifts boughs to resistance against mental interference and possession, as well as a minor increase in damage against evil supernatural targets (such as demons, ghosts, etc.).
    The holly bough Rider carried to Arthur's court was mostly for show and in the spirit of Christmas, but it may well have served as a defense from the influence of Morgan le Fay.

Saint’s Gift (Axe) - Rank D+: A Skill acquired by completely turning into Santa Claus and enriching hearts by giving presents. However, the user’s perception has been twisted somehow, so as to mainly give and receive axes.
    Rider is chiefly remembered as having barged on the Knights of the Round Table’s Christmas feast with an axe in hand and a challenge on his lips. This heavily weighs down on his efficiency as Santa. Still, there is a small chance that he might give a target something useful in addition to the axe.

Noble Phantasms

The Beheading Challenge
    The Christmas Game

Anti-Unit (Self)/Anti-Unit, Rank C
    A Noble Phantasm based on Rider’s appearance in King Arthur’s court. He rode in on Christmas the Round Table’s Christmas feast and challenged all to a game. Rider would accept a single strike from an axe, but would return the axe blow a year later. Sir Gawain struck his head off, but Rider survived and vowed to return the favor next year.
    The Christmas Game revolves around ‘receiving’ a strike from an opponent. As long as Rider has the opportunity to lower his guard in order to ‘receive’ his opponent’s ‘gift’, the Noble Phantasm will activate. After the attack’s damage is resolved, Rider will be healed for roughly half of the damage inflicted. This recovery effect can even bring him back to life and pull back severed or obliterated body parts, almost seeming like time reversal.
    Once Rider has suffered such an attack, he can return the amount of damage he suffered at a later date. The damage that wasn’t healed is added onto all of Rider’s own attacks during his next encounter with a target that has struck him. Should he receive multiple ‘gifts’ like this from a single target, Rider gains the benefits of the full combined damage amount, provided he survives the initial encounter.

The Temp Santa’s “Reindeer”
    Burlow-Beanie

Anti-Unit, Rank B
    A seven-headed sprite serving as Rider’s mount. In a confusing turn of events, Burlow-Beanie does not actually belong to this version of Rider in the first place, being the mount of a different knight. However, due to the sprite’s vulnerability to Christianity, he has been pressed into service as this temp-worker Santa’s reindeer.
    Burlow-Beanie is a member of the Fairy Phantasmal Species, though his appearance is quite bestial rather than humanoid. The necks of his seven heads are extendable, though their faces don’t quite correspond to any existing creature. As ‘Santa’s reindeer’, it seems that the heads now also possess antlers. Besides its battle power, he possesses the ability to steal objects and tools while a target is distracted, allowing him to harass a target with several of its heads while one of Burlow-Beanie’s heads relieves the target of their equipment.
    It should be noted that Rider also possesses a horse for a mount, but prefers to use Burlow-Beanie when on the job.

Description
    Dislikes: Getting mixed up with others, scheming women
    Talents: Receiving body (ukemi), dramatic entrances
    Natural Enemy: Gawain

Rider’s true identity is Bertilak, the Green Knight. He is filling in as a terrifying Santa this year.

As the Green Knight of Arthurian legend, Bertilak comes forth on Christmas bearing a challenge. Though his appearance and ability to sustain grievous injury without flinching is frankly terrifying, he does his best as this year’s Santa.

Ho, ho, and ho. I have arrived, as tradition does hold,
    To see who among you is craven and who is bold.
    Take but this axe, and swing it well,
    So that the deed of thy heart may tell.
    But be warned, for a year from hence,
    A blow in return will I dispense.
    Such is the Green Knight’s challenge.
    Despite his imposing figure, this Santa has not quite caught up to the modern celebration of Christmas. Bertilak briefly wondered if he should’ve styled his beard into the shape of a Christmas Tree, but figured that such a thing would not look right upside-down.

When the Christmas Grail sought a new Servant to bear the title of Santa, Bertilak responded: “Hmm. I do like the sound of this ‘X-mas’.

Lore
    Nay, here I crave no fight, in sooth I say to thee,
    The knight about thy board but beardless bairns they be,
    An I were fitly armed, upon this steed so tall,
    For lack of strength no man might match in this hall!
    Therefore within thy court I care a Christmas jest,
    ‘T is Yuletide, and New Year, and here be many a guest,
    If any in this hall himself so hardy hol,
    So valiant of his hand, of blood and brain so bold,
    That stroke for counter-stroke with me exchange he dare,
    I give him of free gift this guisarme rich and fair,
    This axe of goodly weight, to wield as he see fit,
    And I will bide his blow, as bare as here I sit.
    If one will test my words, and be of valiant mood,
    Then let him swiftly come, and take this weapon good, –
    Here I renounce my claim, the axe shall be his own –
    And I will stand his stroke, here, on this floor of stone,
    That I in turn a blow may deal, that boon alone I pray,
    Yet respite shall he have, a twelvemonth, and a day.
    Now quickly I thee crave - Who now hath aught to say?

Such was the Green Knight's challenge upon barging into the Christmas Feast of King Arthur's Round Table. Only Gawain was brave enough to take him up on this offer, and he smote the knight's head from his shoulders. The Green Knight then picked up his head, promised to uphold the bargain the following year, and strode out. This spectacle was the work of Morgan le Fay, and the Green Knight, Bertilak, was to cause such shock to the court as to distress Guinevere. Bertilak received a magic belt in order to accomplish his task, which would allow him to overcome even the most grievous of wounds. Rather than follow Morgan le Fay's orders exactly, he instead sought to test the Knights of the Round Table and see who among them was worthy.
    A year from this event, Gawain came to the location that the Green Knight had given, Castle Hutton. There he was received by Bertilak, who gave him a place to rest and prepare for the coming trial, all the while keeping hidden his true identity. He and his wife placed upon Gawain another test, with his wife attempting to seduce the knight, and in return for his food, Gawain would give Bertilak what he himself had received during the day. Gawain committed no infidelity, but on the third day was given a girdle by Bertilak's wife, which the knight did not give to Bertilak at the end of the day.
    The next day, Gawain left the lord's residence for the Green Chapel. He met the Green Knight there and prepared to receive his blows, kneeling. The Green knight gave him two feinted blows and lightly nicked his neck on the third one. The Green Knight then revealed himself to be Gawain’s host. He explained that the two feinted blows were for the days that Gawain faithfully turned over the kisses from Bertilak's wife, and the nick was for not turning over the girdle. He then considered the matter settled, gifted his magic belt to Gawain and bid him to return to Camelot.

It should be noted that there are several other knights in green faced by Arthur and his knights. It is from one of them Sir Bredbeddle, a stalwart companion of the Knights of the Round Table, that Bercilak has acquired his "reindeer".

Notes
    And that's 24 Servants in December.
    Comments on any of them would be appreciated as per usual.

Oh, and merry Christmas to all (even Koga).
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; December 23rd, 2019 at 08:27 PM.

Wyrd oft nereğ unfǽgne eorl, şonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Will he come like Father Christmas,
    Robed in green and beard all white?
    Will he come amid the darkness?
    Will he come at all tonight?"

Having a green themed Christmas Servant nourishes my soul, even if he's not the man himself.

Thank you, Scary Giant Green Santa

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Much better than the classical wholesome take on Santa, I must say.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but don't forget, this guy is supposed to break into your house while you are sleeping.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, someone will finally come visit me.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, FGO Arcade sniped my idea for this year's Santa, so I'm open to suggestions of any kind.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, FGO Arcade sniped my idea for this year's Santa, so I'm open to suggestions of any kind.
    spontane idea make an Christmas Rider Version of Gilgamesh similar to Ebeniser Scrouge with Three other servants(?) as his unwanted companions .

In either case ,Merry Christmas to you all !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Santa Bartholomew Roberts who goes around giving people hair extensions?

Jokes aside, those who I'd deem to have the chops to be a kind of Santa might be people like Chiron (he's his own reindeer!), Kiyohime (who might not leave after giving her "gift") and the Valkyries (covering for Odin). There's probably more, but I don't want to bother thinking of them.
    More jokey ones might be Heracles (as we all know he's capable anything - strongest Santa, anyone?) or Elizabeth or something.

Blog Entries
    Isn't Halloween Elizabeth's holiday of choice, given how many variants she's spawned?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I toyed with the idea of doing a Triptolemus Santa. He rode around in a (dragon-pulled, which would make for some pretty metal imagery) chariot to spread the gifts of agriculture across the world, which is kinda' like Santa delivering presents if you squint. Combined with how Christmas is even thought to have originated as a holiday celebrating the coming harvest and you could easily spin some justification.

Wyrd oft nereğ unfǽgne eorl, şonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even though doing the contest burnt me out hard, I think I might still have enough energy in me to scrap together a Santa Servant tomorrow.

Though I am surprised at the lack of Alban Arthan Sabers in this thread. Seems like such an obvious choice.

Blog Entries
    Trying to come up with ideas for a Santa Nero sheet, but I have no idea what to do...

Hashire sori yo, kaze no you ni, tsukumihara wo, padoru padoru

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Maybe something to do with how Nero was the first to systematically persecute Christians.

Or how the Great Fire was blamed on them.

But that doesn't mesh well with the cutesy padoru does it

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll get to work ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Trying to come up with ideas for a Santa Nero sheet, but I have no idea what to do...

Hashire sori yo, kaze no you ni, tsukumihara wo, padoru padoru
    Nero used to hand out lottery tickets with great prizes from time to time. It's the most Christmas-y thing I can think of for her.

Blog Entries
    Nero used to hand out lottery tickets with great prizes from time to time. It's the most Christmas-y thing I can think of for her.
    That could work. Maybe Santa Umu's NP could be a big roulette or something that functions a bit like the Present move from the Pokemon games? The way I could see it working out is that the roulette is made up of two wheels. The first one selects who receives the gift then the second one selects what kind of gift they receive. And the gift could be either something beneficial or harmful to the one who receives it.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can go one further and make the effects a reference to the presents she bought in the padoru short.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good idea, actually. Now the tricky part is what Class to put her in and what Personal Skills to give her. I could do something cliche like making her a Rider, but that doesn't seem to fit what I've got going for her now. But at the same time, I don't really want to make her a Caster because her summer version has already covered that one.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets