Page 36 of 782 FirstFirst ... 26313435363738414686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Well, I'm glad my fic got so ingrained in your head! :P
    Probably more appropriate to discuss this in the thread itself but I will always remember your fic as "Fate/Everyone Has An Army". [/Awful]

(Well, more appropriately, as the fanfic that made me want to steal WE'LL USE ELEPHANTS as my catchphrase.)

...Now that I think about it, Dread Visage was Blackbeard's Noble Phantasm, not one of his skills, wasn't it. OH CRUD, DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT AAAAAGH-

Ahem, anyway, since someone guessed... ridiculously quickly.. time to just toss out the "Legend" for those unfamiliar with the play.

Wiseup!- Legend- Cyrano de Bergerac as Saber is not in any way directly based on the true, historical nobleman who bore that name. Rather, he's based on the idealistic hero created by Edmond Rostand in his play of the same name. Despite his status as not only a fictional hero but also a relatively young spirit, Cyrano is considered by the Grail to be a legitimate summon because of the degree to which his exploits in the play are exaggerated beyond what a normal human being could accomplish in life. Saber can be thought of in this regard as a true "Heroic Spirit", a spirit who has very little basis in reality and is manifested only because of the renown his accomplishments have drawn.

Cyrano's tale, as outlined in the text, is primarily one of failure- despite his genius as a wit and a poet, and his bravery both on and off of the battlefield, he fails to capture anything he truly desires- artistic fame and recognition, and the love of the woman Roxanne. These failures, while they weigh heavily upon him, come upon Cyrano because he refuses to compromise his own integrity and pride, or to intrude on the happiness of another. Indeed, Saber as summoned by the Grail does not desire to use it to capture either of the prizes he desired in his life- he simply wishes for an opportunity to meet his death at the hands of a worthier adversary than a log falling from a window.

Gah, this is way too fun. I wish my old laptop hadn't burned out, I have Caster!Solomon somewhere in it ;;

EDIT: Also, I've already commented on this one, but I love the Cleopatra design- though now that I'm looking at it, I have to wonder how big a spender you have to be for the skill that removes your money problems to actually rank down.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    ...Does Saber really hide in a bush and tell other Sabers how to be better Sabers?

Also I can't explain why or how this one occurred to me but I have concluded Gaara and Gilgamesh have the most beautiful baby in the world. This NP came to mind earlier and I just had to write it out because I imagine her like Gilgamesh sitting on a throne of sand being pretty and awesome.

Servant: Caster
    True Name: Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator

Appearance:
    A beautitul woman with fair and creamy skin, Caster's hair is a dark violet, worn straight except for long bangs that fall to her collarbone on either side of her face, with a white headdress and golden circlet atop her head. Her eyes are a dark maroon, made up with kohl, and her gaze is supremely self-confident. Her entire outfit is accentuated by bands of gold, with a white silk wrap and sarong that leaves her midriff and legs largely bare, and she walks barefoot upon a well of sand that seems to spring up beneath her feet with every step.

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: B
    Magic: A
    Luck: C

Class Abilities:
    Item Creation
    Allows creation of tools that carry magical energy. Because of her belief that actual labor and research was best left to her priests and aides, the rank of this skill is relatively low and limited to creation of minor potions and enchantments.

Territory Creation
    Creates an area that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Creation of a "temple" is enabled, which is superior to a "workshop." Combined with her Noble Phantasm's assistance, Caster is capable of constructing an exquisite shrine that can satisfy almost any need.

Personal Skills:
    Divinity
    The strength of one's god-like nature. The more godlike blood possessed, the higher this statistic becomes. Although there was no factual basis, Cleopatra was claimed by many to be the reincarnation or daughter of the goddess Isis.

Golden Rule
    The chances of attracting gold during one's life. At this rank, money problems will be almost completely unknown. The rank of this skill is reduced because Cleopatra herself was known to have depleted inordinate amounts of her treasury on selfish whims.

Natural Beauty
    A quality inherent to one's features which takes effect as soon as the target looks at the owner's face. Unlike those with a Mystic Face, which is the effect of a spell and may be subject to Magic Resistance, this is a natural gift with no origins in thaumaturgy, so its effects are not as pronounced and must be resisted using willpower alone. At this rank, the effect is similar to Charm mystic eyes.

Noble Phantasm:
    Throne of Aset - The Reincarnated Desert of Heaven
    Type: Anti-Army
    Based on her reputation as the reincarnated daughter of Isis as well as legends of a beach in Turkey created for Cleopatra by transporting the very sands of Egypt to foreign soil, the Throne of Aset is a representation of Cleopatra's belief that the soil of foreign countries is unworthy of her presence, given material form and reproduced through prana in a method similar to the creation of a Reality Marble. However, rather than materializing her internal world, Caster instead transfers the sands of the desert over the existing world to minimize any likelihood of the world's interference. Each grain of sand is subject to her control and may be manipulated at will within her line of sight.

In order to reduce the prana costs of this Noble Phantasm, Caster is able to manipulate its boundaries, ordinarily limiting it to the area immediately surrounding her body and beneath her feet. The sands around her may be manipulated into shields, weapons, and even familiars as she chooses and the amount she may make at once is limited only by the amount of sand manifested at that time. Reinforcement of the sand is possible through additional prana expenditure to create stronger and more durable weapons and barriers comparable to low-rank Noble Phantasms. When extended to its full territory, the entire area begins to resemble the very desert of Egypt itself, giving Caster increasing control over the surroundings as the sands spread and making the very ground beneath her opponent's feet their implacable enemy.

Although not very original, but it would be interesting if Cleopatra could materialize Mark Anthony as a temporary Servant for a certain number of turns (you know, unending love and stuff, across time and space. Just like how Iskander's army works, except instead of loyalty, the bond is sexual).

Also, as a ruler, Cleopatra should really have a rank in Charisma. Or you can add an line in Natural Beauty to equate it to a certain rank of Charisma.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I take it food likes Kleopatra, huh? :P

^^ And hey! There are only about six out of 28 that have army NPs!! :|

There are about as many in the Nasuverse with beamuswords.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather View Post
    EDIT: Also, I've already commented on this one, but I love the Cleopatra design- though now that I'm looking at it, I have to wonder how big a spender you have to be for the skill that removes your money problems to actually rank down.
    She once bet Marc Antony she could spend more than ten million coins in one meal. She did so by putting priceless pearls into a golden goblet filled with vinegar and then drinking it as a beverage after they dissolved.

There is probably no greater spendthrift in all of history and I love her for it. xD

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I take it food likes Kleopatra, huh? :P
    Not really that. It's mostly that I like how Cyber Angel does his homework and pour in a lot of effort into make some very novel Noble Phantasms.

And they all make a surprising amount of sense.

Blog Entries
    Arrgh, makes me wish I could post some MPII Servants in here.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    She once bet Marc Antony she could spend more than ten million coins in one meal. She did so by putting priceless pearls into a golden goblet filled with vinegar and then drinking it as a beverage after they dissolved.

There is probably no greater spendthrift in all of history and I love her for it. xD
    Well, that's a very expensive way to prevent osteoporosis.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the compliment also. ^^; I just like character design and mythology is really fun to play with, so this thread is awesome to sandbox in, so to speak.

I really should give her Charisma in some way... I wanted to include it too in my original draft, but as a personal rule I always try to cap myself at three Personal Skills because I worry about being a skill glutton when I love the character, so I'd left it out. But it does feel like a glaring omission...

Edit: Mmm, Marc Antony would be fun to include. "You're my Argon Coin, darling." (Antony sits in Character Material limbo forever with the Spirit of the Golden Fleece)

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    I demand an Attila the Hun servant that works. Or Theseus. Tried making them so many times but I got bored countless times. Let me see you creativity gentlemen!

Blog Entries
    Don't you tempt me!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is Cyber Angel making a set of seven?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Do it, Five.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Arrgh, makes me wish I could post some MPII Servants in here.
    You really should~

[/awful person don't trust him]

Most of the ones I'm tossing out are RP-cast-offs I don't know that I'm going to use or not. I have a bunch of them I could have just c/ped, but lol dead laptop.

Nonetheless I refuse to lose to Cyber Angel. WE MAY BE FRIENDS, BUT I WILL GET BIGGER FANS THAN YOUR PREVIOUS ONE, HRRRRNG >O

True Name: ???

Class: Lancer

Parameters-

Strength
    - C
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- C
    Magic- D
    Luck- C
    Noble Phantasm- B
    Personal Skills-

Magic Resistance-
    C- The ability to cancel the effects of Magecraft. At this rank, Lancer is unaffected by spells requiring a chant that has two verses or fewer.

Instinct- A+- At this rank, Lancer's ability to sense the conditions of the battle around him is unparalleled. Attacks launched on him can be anticipated on a level bordering true precognition, to the point where his reaction to an attack can sometimes occur before the attack itself has even been launched.

Natural Body- B- The possession of a perfect living body from birth, the owner of the skill's strength is Rank-Up at all times. Due to the fact that Lancer's body has undergone further refinement, this skill is Rank-Up from its original "C", and has the added effect of "During periods of extreme stress, Strength will sometimes temporarily get a second Rank-Up, dependent on a Luck roll."

Shapeshift- A+ (unusable)- The ability to change one's physical form. Lancer would have access to this skill if summoned as Caster, but is bound by the constraints of his current class. When active, the skill would allow him to assume forms using a range of 72 different techniques, with forms ranging between demons, animals, and humans.

Divinity- A (unusable)- Lancer's status as a Divine being is barely applied due to the fact that his incarnation as a Heroic Spirit with a class of "Lancer" is incompatible with the abilities that status would give him, and his dislike for the gods in his current incarnation would give the skill a Rank-Down anyway.

Noble Phantasms-

Nyoibo- Golden, Obedient Rod-
    Anti-Unit- C: Lancer's weapon of choice, a golden rod with no point which can only by a stretch of the imagination be considered a "lance". The rod, besides being unbreakable, has the added property of being able to extend its length to any point which Lancer desires. If Nyoibo and Lancer are separated, the weapon cannot be used by another individual due to its strong bond with Lancer, and contact with Nyoibo is unnecessary to activate the length-changing effect. Despite its weight, however, the Phantasm's major weakness is its simplicity- even though its length can be changed at will, being struck with the phantasm has no effect beyond what being struck with any other heavy, blunt instrument would, and defensive phantasms are impossible for it to pierce.

The Peaches of Immortality- Heaven's Stolen Treasure- Support- B: Lancer's greatest treasures- three peaches, stolen from the trees of heaven, with the property of granting the one who eats them Immortality. In the mortal world the peaches, exposed to the air of earth, lose some of their potency, but eating a peach will still heal any wounds, even fatal ones, provided that the one who consumes the peach lives long enough to digest it. Eating a peach will also grant a temporary Rank-Up to Strength and Endurance. Lancer cannot produce more peaches once his first three are consumed, but if the pit of the last peach is planted near a leyline and nurtured properly, it may grow into a tree producing similar fruit. Since the new tree was planted in the "soil of earth", however, the new peaches will lose much of their potency and at best will have therapeutic effects on-par with taking antibiotic medicine.

Legend- ????

Note-
    Lancer has a dual specialization- he can also be summoned as Caster. If he is summoned to this class, Nyoibo and his Natural Body skill become unusable, but he gains access to Divinity and Shapeshift, as well as the following Phantasm:

Heavenly Transformation Arts- The 72 Shapes- Support- A: Caster's true power is the use of this Noble Phantasm. While unskilled in traditional magecraft, the Heavenly Transformation Arts working in tandem with his aptitude for shapeshifting allow Caster instant access to a number of different forms ranging from animals to humans to demons to phantasmal beasts. After shapeshifting, Caster's attributes will change to reflect the attributes of his new form, and he will be able to maintain this form so long as he has an adequate supply of prana. Transformations may be cycled through nearly instantly through the use of the phantasm, with a speed on-par with that of High-Speed Divine Words.

So... Ahem, yes, it's the obligatory "nobody will ever draft this guy because they think he's too overpowered", and yes, you're all going to guess him instantly. I'm hiding the name anyway. Because that. Is. How. I. Roll~

Blog Entries
    No no no no fuck no you did not just do that.

You made a Sun Wukong Servant. You are terrible. Sun Wukong is basically the Original Mary Sue!

No no no no fuck no you did not just do that.

You made a Sun Wukong Servant. You are terrible. Sun Wukong is basically the Original Mary Sue!
    That's exactly why someone needs to make him a Servant though. The trollworthy melee-combat antagonist potential alone is awesome :P

Besides that there's literally no reason the Grail couldn't summon him, he's one of the most popular folk heroes in the East... really you have to wonder if the only reason he hasn't shown up yet is nobody had the prana to support the level of WTF he pulls in Journey to the West

Blog Entries
    Actually, Sun Wukong A) isn't technically dead and b) isn't human.

Thus, he couldn't be summoned.

Actually, Sun Wukong A) isn't technically dead and b) isn't human.

Thus, he couldn't be summoned.
    ...The isn't dead point I'll give you, for the human I refer to any given Monster the Grail is capable of summoning.

He says and beats a hasty retreat when he remembers most of them were human to start with-

...now wait was Medusa... I forget <<;

er... We'll call him available for Extra canon then? -shot-

Blog Entries
    Well, even post-corruption, the Grail can't summon technical "monsters," really.

And the thing with Servant classes is, he'd be nerfed regardless of what happened. Isn't it sad, Sun Wukong? He'd suffer the same fate as Herakles, really.

Well, even post-corruption, the Grail can't summon technical "monsters," really.

And the thing with Servant classes is, he'd be nerfed regardless of what happened. Isn't it sad, Sun Wukong? He'd suffer the same fate as Herakles, really.
    Ehe. Even then, though, he'd be formidable to summon to begin with, so given the choice he'd be worth going for. Really though, I tried to reflect what I thought the nerfing would likely be in his parameters/skills- class separation of his fighting prowess from the magical BS, limitation on Nyoibo's power level, etc. Hope I didn't leave him too broken, I'm relatively new to the fandom and basically still getting a feel for some of this XD

Blog Entries
    In other news, I'm making up an Attila right now. He's interesting so far.