Page 50 of 782 FirstFirst ... 404548495051525560100150550 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Actually, the Archer-class only requires you to have strong projectile weapons and/or skills related to long-ranged combat. The thing is, the "projectile weapons" part is not limited to only bows (if that was the case, Gilgamesh would hardly be elegible for it). Hector is indeed skilled in the use of spears in close combat, but he excels more at throwing them as projectiles. Thus, he should be able to meet the requirements for the Archer-class, even if just barely.

As for making him a Rider, that would be difficult. His fame as a horse tamer aside, as far as I know there are no legends of Hector were he has a particularly famous mount (which is a requirement for the class). But, now that you mentioned it, I think he deserves at least to have Riding in his skill repertory (maybe I'll end up replacing one of his Personal Skills for it...).

Edit: a long time a go, I kind of worked on writing down the general standards for the Servant Classes and posted them on another thread. If anyone is interested, you can find it here:
    Classes Standards
    The seven traditional Classes are pretty much faithful translations of official material, while the last three I cooked up myself based on the few scattered data that I found about them.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; February 7th, 2012 at 05:54 AM.

Gilgamesh: He fell into the Archer category because he stashed all the original weapons of the world into his vault and could only fire them off like missiles instead of actually using them, and that is sadly not the same as a weapons-dealing psychopath from Russia who used to be in the army and could do more than throw the guns he sells.

I'd say Hector still qualifies to be a Lancer more than an Archer. A spear was always meant for throwing. Just ask the natives of Year One.
    Miles and miles distant though the grey line be,
    And though thy soul sail leagues and leagues beyond,
    Still, leagues beyond those leagues, there is more sea.~

Blog Entries
    You lost me there....

I really have no idea who you're comparing Gil with over there. This conversation up until now has been about the Hector of Troy posted a couple of pages back. There he is a Lancer, but he also has qualifications as an Archer.

Blog Entries
    Rider/Caster

Strength: B+
    Agility: A
    Mana: A
    Luck: B+
    Endurance: B+

Skills:

Riding
    A+
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles.
    Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Territory Creation
    A+
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    Creation of a "Grotto", which is the highest order of a "Workshop", becomes possible.

Item Construction
    A++
    The skill to manufacture magical items.
    Capable of making nearly anything ranging from advanced military weaponry for the 'good boys' to healing potions that grant extended immortality for the 'good kings'. Construction of Noble Phantasms also becomes possible, albeit at an elevated prana cost.

Divinity
    C-
    Measures whatever Divine Spirit aptitude one has. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a materialized Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, or when the status of being a Demonic Beast increases. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith. Santa's origin draws from divine Nordic figures such as Odin, which allots him this rank.

Saint
    A
    Signifies being known as a saint. When summoned as a Servant, a Saint's ability is chosen as one out of: "raise the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "Charisma rank up by 1", or "can produce a holy shroud".

Charitability
    A+++
    The moral inclination to give, rather than receive. At this rank it is impossible for the servant to leave anyone who is suffering as they are, because he will feel a strong inclination to help the needy.
    Conversely, this skill is so advanced that it has gotten to a level approaching that of a 'divine mystery'. The servant's very presence inspires philanthropy and mercy by others in the vincinity. This 'influential' effect can be offset by a high rank in mental pollution, apathy, or having high levels of ego or avarice.

Noble Phantasms:

Sinterklaas: (He who observes) All the Benevolence and Malevolence of this World
    A++
    Support

An advanced form of omnipotence over the alignments and personal beliefs of any living being that Santa comes across. Like higher levels of Clairvoyance, it is possible to receive this information feed from any distance. However, it is not 'sight' in any sense of the word, rather bordering on 'affinity for knowledge'.
    There is no form of protection against this Noble Phantasm, as it exceeds all forms of obfuscation and defense, staring directly into the depths of a person's origin. It is possible to sense even the tiniest quantities of killing intent in this manner, and thus devising a reliable battle plan becomes not only possible but easy.
    As an added bonus, if the enemy master is a 'child' and qualifies under the categories of 'evil' or 'naughty', and this Noble Phantasm is activated on Christmas Eve, then it becomes possible to instantly reconfigure their servant's makeup into that of pure coal. It is an advanced form of petrification that instantly kills the servant (unless they have a form of defense against being turned to coal), effectively forfeiting the enemy master's place in the war.

Rudolph: The Ninth Tether
    A++
    Anti-Nation

Manifestation of this Noble Phantasm initially only causes the ninth reindeer's nose to materialize as a glowing beacon in the dark. Slowly, all of Santa's other reindeer also begin to emerge from the void, the last of which emerges being his carriage, a gigantic yet sleek amalgam of steel and adamantium.
    Every individual reindeer is on par with the highest level of what can be considered a 'phantasmal beast', each one capable of charging down and goring a dragon in single combat. However, Santa keeps them restrained to the duty of driving his sled as it cannot move without the massive effort that they expend.
    It is said that this sled can traverse the world in a single night, but achieving such speeds would require tremendous amounts of prana. Nevertheless, it is still considered to be among the 'fastest mounts' that can be used by any given Heroic Spirit (even at its lowest velocities). From the sled, it is possible to rain down a barrage of missiles from the Divine Mystery known as 'santa's sack' located within the sled. From this location, Santa receives a 4x bonus to accuracy.

True Name: Scott Calvin Santa Goddamn Claus

He doesn't have any Magical Resistance because he doesn't need that shit, he'll just fling his big motherfucking sack at your fireballs and squash them like Berserker blocks broken phantasms.

Actually, he doesn't have MR because I forgot about it and visiting the Type Moon Wiki to look up the relevant information causes my mouse cursor to flicker incessantly like the time when I got a virus
    Last edited by Apple; February 7th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    I really have no idea who you're comparing Gil with over there. This conversation up until now has been about the Hector of Troy posted a couple of pages back. There he is a Lancer, but he also has qualifications as an Archer.
    Just catching up several pages too late.

Which reminds me: Does Hector have some connection with Gae Bolg? I remembered some mentions about how a spear like Gae Bolg was passed down several times from one hero to another.

As for the Russian psycho: Boris the Blade. Collects guns, sells guns, and knows how to use a gun. He also dodges bullets like a bastard. Gilgamesh just collected and owned NPs but can't use them for what they're for.

(I'll be making a character sheet for Boris soon enough.)
    Miles and miles distant though the grey line be,
    And though thy soul sail leagues and leagues beyond,
    Still, leagues beyond those leagues, there is more sea.~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
    Anyways. I reworked Bird Of Chernobyl/Yatagarasu after having calmed down from my Touhou massive rabid fan-rage. History put as if she's telling it herself, and NPs changed to reflect her power down to HS level.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16CuVFGV63m_HX820XnFwoMVqgXqWF8sW8Frj2xdnuwg/edit

P.S: OMG, BALANCED!
    Hey, this is actually pretty good
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Nobody appreciates Santa. ;_;

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Santa seemed interesting, but find it odd that the toy bag doesn't get it's own NP stats and such. It's a rather important one, after all. Also feels like he should get something else, but hard to tell what.

Blog Entries
    Dragon-slaying reindeer.

...You know, it's just Type-Moon enough to work.

Mmm, also, on Hector. If you need to free up a Personal Skill for Riding, maybe you could collapse Divine Protection into a feature of his Armor of the Gods instead of the leadership buff to his already high-level charisma? I might be misremembering, but I remember his favor with the Gods running out when he took and put on Achilles' armor. So you could definitely tie divine protection to enchantment on the awesome god-made armor he's got.

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    Anyways. I reworked Bird Of Chernobyl/Yatagarasu after having calmed down from my Touhou massive rabid fan-rage. History put as if she's telling it herself, and NPs changed to reflect her power down to HS level.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16CuVFGV63m_HX820XnFwoMVqgXqWF8sW8Frj2xdnuwg/edit

P.S: OMG, BALANCED!
    Hey, this is actually pretty good
    Of course it should be good, I did it with my HEARTO!
    *And with Nuclear Fusion remixes in the background*

As for Santa, here is a faceclaim of awesomeness (gotta love Genzoman)

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=592266

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Dragon-slaying reindeer.

...You know, it's just Type-Moon enough to work.
    '... For they called him dohvakiin, Rudolph the dragonborn!'

/insert fus ro dah here

But really, if those reindeer can drag a carriage across the world in the span of a night (less actually, considering that Santa needs to drop presents off) then they are going to be mighty strong reindeer.

Blog Entries
    Something different...

Class: Saber (Ruler)
    True Name: Charles D’Artagnan
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

STR: ***** C
    END:
    ***** B
    AGI:
    ***** A+
    MGI:
    **** E
    LCK:
    ***** A+
    NP:
    ***** C

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Fleur de Liser

A decorative symbol in the shape of a stylized lily, it has been a popular emblem for centuries. It has various meanings under different connotations, but it is more famous for its use in heraldry of the European nobility. On that regard, there is a particularly strong association between this symbol and the House of Bourbon of France.

Mousquetaires de la Garde

A renowned branch of the French military active between the 17th and 19th Centuries, it was named after one of its standard weapons, the musket. Entrusted mainly with missions as a royal guard, this company of light cavalry held a status similar to the knights during the Middle Ages. Also, the fact that their name is well known even in modern times is due in part to the fantasy-filled stories written by Alexandre Dumas.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: C
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. This level of Magic Resistance is considered unbecoming of the Saber-Class.

Riding: B
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Can control most vehicles with above average skill, but cannot ride animals of Magical Beast and Holy Beast-rank. As for motorbikes, he can control even large ones.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Breakout: A

The ability to escape from a predicament. An abnormal good fortune to evade any sort of crisis・tough spot. Also combines the features of “Disengage”. At A Rank, resistance against conditions that hinder movement are also granted.

Charisma: C
    The natural talent to command an army corps. Raises the abilities of one's own army on group battles. A rare talent. Leadership skills suitable for a great general that leads an entire military force.

Dissimulation: C
    The Skill to disguise one’s appearance and falsify one’s character. The higher its rank, more one’s spiritual status as a proper hero falls.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    Insight cultivated from training and learning. The “logic of battle” to calmly grasp one’s situation and the abilities of the enemy and finding out a means of escape when in a dilemma. If the possibility of a reversal is even 1%, a chance can be pulled out by putting this strategy into practice.

Weapons

Musket
    A type of firearm that once was mainstream as part of human warfare. This is a French variety that has a flintlock mechanism and a smaller barrel, which makes it more portable and easier to handle. A custom-made work built with master skill, its performance is higher than ordinary models… but it is still no match for modern weapons.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Fleur de Liser – The Flower of Depravity
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The brander of sinners. A treasured sword of the House of Bourbon. Once upon a time, this sword was used in France to punish criminals guilty of hideous crimes. It was conferred to d’Artagnan by the royal family as a sign of trust.

The power of this cursed sword increases in proportion to the sins of the opponent. Furthermore, it casts a curse of “unhealable wound” if its true name is called when inflicting wound upon the enemy. Although the injury itself can be closed with time or treatment, a distinctive flower-shaped scar will remain and the enemy will suffer a Rank-Down on END. This power can only be used once against a single target. Other than the destruction of the sword or its user, the curse can also be dispelled by having one’s sins absolved by a clergyman.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Born as Charles de Batz Castelmore, he was a French military officer that lived during the 17th Century. Because his father was just a merchant, albeit a rich one, he adopted his mother’s maiden name – d’ Artagnan – after moving to Paris to start his military career. The change was motivated by the fact that the d’Artagnan was a branch family of the distinguished house of Montesquieu, a French aristocratic lineage with a long history.

D’Artagnan eventually joined the Musketeers royal guard and gained the patronage of Cardinal Mazarin. Mazarin was France’s chief minister and the closest adviser of the royal family at the time, so gaining his personal favor was of great importance for d’Artagnan’s career as a military officer. Among his many achievements, he carried out some missions of espionage under Mazarin’s orders.

For his loyalty and excellence, King Louis XIV promoted him into commander of the Musketeers. Later in his life, he was also entrusted with the rulership of a small province, but the job was not for d’Artagnan’s tastes, as he longed to spend his life in the vanguards.

The Three Musketeers

Nearly a century after d’Artagnan’s time, Alexandre Dumas produced a fantastic tale about his life. The d’Artagnan Romances wrote by Dumas were mostly fictitious, with little foundation on true accounts about the Musketeer. Still, there was one thing that remained faithful to the true story: d’Artagnan’s relationship with the Three Musketeers.

Athos, Porthos and Aramis. The three veteran Musketeers that d’Artagnan met at the beginning of his career and who took him under their wings. The four were linked by a strong bond as brothers-in-arms. D’Artagnan respected and admired the three men more than anyone else and, likewise, they treated the boy as if their son.

Their friendship was one that should have lasted forever. But when he was older, his position as captain of the Musketeers placed d’Artagnan and the three men – who had retired of military duty and began to pursuit their personal ambitions as civilians – on opposing sides of a certain conflict. D’Artagnan had the choice to abandon his duties and take the side of his old friends, but he decided to remain faithful to the king to the end.

Though he never regretted the decision he made that day, it seems that he mourned over the loss of the friendship with the three men for the rest of his life.

D’Artagnan’s story is that of a man who managed to achieve his goals after much effort and time. However, he had to renounce all his friends and loved ones as compensation for his dreams. When he died at the Siege of Maastricht, during the Franco-Dutch War, it seems that his final words were “Athos, Porthos, see you soon (au revoir)! Aramis, goodbye forever (à jamais, adieu)!
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; August 3rd, 2015 at 04:41 PM.

Stats seem rather low for a Saber. I like the NP, as it is a less powerful variant of one of my own servants. It might be me, but D'Artagnan might need another NP... just one for a guy with a story as rich and diverse as him seems a bit... too litte? XD

Blog Entries
    That's the thing. The "rich stories" that we know are mostly fabrications by Dumas. The real D'Artagnan wasn't that great of a hero to begin with (as in his achievements being relatively mundade when compared to great heroes such as King Arthur, Achilles and others). He was one of those guys that didn't rely on supernatural power and resolved the problems he faced with skills alone. Taking also in consideration that his spiritual status dropped because of the Dissimulation skill, that he was still able to become elegible for the "most excellent of Servants" Saber-Class is an accomplishment in itself.

In other words, similar to Vlad Tepes, he too is a Heroic Spirit whose legend greatly differs from his real life.

But Nasu would CLEARLY turn him into hax. But yes, you got a point too. I like to twist legends around like Nasu to give some extra powers to my HS.
    You probably got that from that previous post where I got 3 legends into one to create a char very reminiscent of a certain Utsuhou/Okuu... XD

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
    Of course it should be good, I did it with my HEARTO!
    *And with Nuclear Fusion remixes in the background*

As for Santa, here is a faceclaim of awesomeness (gotta love Genzoman)

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=592266

Blog Entries
    Archerko, is that you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Archerko, is that you?
    Arcerko doesn't have twin-tails, so...no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    Don't Sabers have decent ranks in all stats?

Blog Entries
    The natural standards for Saber class are pretty high for everything but luck, that's true. There are ways around it, and their stats can be degraded by a bad Master, but being a Saber requires a level of overall excellence. The thing about D'Artagnan is that fictional stories still add to the overall legend. Vlad in particular is empowered by his own historically inaccurate negative legends. So you could definitely get away with increasing his power by a bit, even if it's on the lower end of canon Sabers.

Hrm, well, I decided to post my very first genderswap, yay! The first one is always the most fun to write up. I can't take credit (or more likely blame) for the topic of this idea, because I fell in love with the idea of swapping this heroic spirit after seeing it proposed but not actually used in a forum RP. But I decided to try my hand at it since the forum was down all evening. ^^; It's surprising how little I imagine the story changing as a result of it; no one wanted to historically document that Menelaus lost his wife to a pretty girl.

Servant: Archer (Assassin)
    True Name: Paris Alexandra of Troy
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance:
    A spirited and stylish young woman in her early 20s, Archer looks and acts more like a spoiled teenager. Her chestnut brown is wavy and falls to her shoulders, with elegant but combat-impractical ringlets hugging either side of a youthful and attractive face. She wears a short white skirt trimmed with red and a bronze vest over a sleeveless white tunic with frills around the shoulders, along with a short white and red cape and knee-high laced leather sandal boots. Her bow hangs at her side, a small and ornamental golden device not much larger than a crossbow, resembling a Cupid Bow.

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm: B
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Magic: C
    Luck: B

Class Abilities:
    Independent Action
    Can remain in this world for a week even after losing her Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.

Magic Resistance
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:
    Disengage
    The ability to break away from combat. At this rank, a bonus effect allows Archer to return battle conditions to a favorable footing at the beginning of the match.

Eye for Art
    Infatuation with works of art. If she happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, there is a modest chance that she might be able to figure out its true name. However, the efficiency of this skill is limited because Archer is only interested in beautiful art and ignores anything that violates her sense of aesthetics.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Kallisti — All Gifts Belong to the Fairest
    Type: Support
    Representing the Judgment of Paris when the Trojan princess was called upon to decide which Greek goddess was the most beautiful of all, Kallisti reflects the favors that each Goddess offered her in return for arbitrating in their favor. Taking the form of a golden apple that splits into three segments, Archer may offer one segment of the apple along with a prayer to invoke the blessing of one of the three goddesses in the form of a Personal Skill:

Aphrodite: Mystic Face, Rank A+
    Athena: Clairvoyance, Rank A+
    Hera: Charisma, Rank A+

Although she is able to call on the blessing of any of the three goddesses at will, due to the jealous and spiteful nature of the goddess' dispute, when Archer chooses another boon then the previous one cannot be chosen again for a period of roughly 24 hours. Due to her weakness for beautiful things, Archer greatly prefers the gift of Aphrodite, and is extremely petulant when forced to call on Athena or especially Hera.

Laomedon - Avenging the House of Troy
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Taking its name from the Trojan king whose grave was thought to protect Troy at the site of Paris' only true achievement in battle, this small bow is the only weapon Archer has any proficiency with whatsoever. While ordinarily a weak D ranked Noble Phantasm, upon successfully hitting a target with an arrow, the stricken area is physically marked with the royal insignia of Troy, a mark representing the grudge of a fallen kingdom against their aggressors. Once a target is marked with the crest, the rank of this Noble Phantasm is increased to B, and a second successful strike upon the marked area is treated as a lethal attack. The crest remains on the victim's body until either Archer wills the effect to end or she is slain.

The effectiveness of this Noble Phantasm is heavily limited by Archer's complete lack of skill and training as a warrior, making it difficult for her to even land the initial attack without the assistance of either Kallisti's clairvoyance or reinforcement of her accuracy by a Command Spell. However, once the mark has been placed, subsequent shots benefit from an automatic "tracer" effect which makes this Noble Phantasm considerably more dangerous and difficult to dodge.

Because of the nature of this Noble Phantasm, as well as the widespread belief that she needed to shoot Achilles from behind, Archer also qualifies for the Assassin class.

(I apologize for what may be the silliest one I've posted yet. ^^; )
    Last edited by Sunny; June 5th, 2012 at 03:38 PM.