Page 61 of 782 FirstFirst ... 11515659606162636671111161561 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    That's Ea drill and being poked by dozens upon dozens of GoB shots killing him, not Enkidu itself.
    If Gilgamesh wants to spend a few days strangling a hog-tied Iskander to death with Enkidu, he probably could.

But impaling a dude with a blunt rod is just so much more fun.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's probably an upper limit somewhere to Enkidu, otherwise there's no real reason why Gilgamesh didn't just rocket Ishtar and the gang out of the galaxy and take over.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    AFAIK, Enkidu becomes a lot more hax the more divine you are. It wasn't bending and twisting Iskander cause his divinity isn't that high. Herakles on the other hand....

Ramses' Divinity is A+++, so he is SO screwed vs Enkidu.

Well he did slap her in the face with a haunch he tore off of the Bull. He probably just didn't do it because after beating one goddess you have essentially beat all of them. Time to go make a random snake immortal.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Hey, I don't see Ishtar and the gang hanging out anywhere around here. Just sayin'.

^lol that could work to. Maybe that's how he destroyed his kingdom. Mystery solved.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    The thing is, this is all assuming that Ramesses even gets hit by Enkidu before he kills Gilgamesh. The only reason he didn't off Gil in their first and less serious fight is because he was being his usual faux-humble self.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Thor still exists; we just call him Verg.

Blog Entries
    That is pretty interesting that it has a different effect versus A Rank divinity than C though. I thought Divinity only affected how absolute a restraint it was, not that higher divinity ramped up the force and pressure it applied as well. It puts alot more pressure on you to avoid or escape it if possible.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    That is pretty interesting that it has a different effect versus A Rank divinity than C though. I thought Divinity only affected how absolute a restraint it was, not that higher divinity ramped up the force and pressure it applied as well. It puts alot more pressure on you to avoid or escape it if possible.
    The hardness ramps up with Divinity, but nothing else.

It is a unbreakable restraint for Gods. How fancy a target gets hog-tied seems to depend entirely on Gilgamesh.

Blog Entries
    That's what it says, but then against Hercules it was binding space itself, while against Joe Normal it'd be nothing more than a mundane, exceptionally well-made chain. So there's obviously some kind of sliding scale of restraint.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Battle Continuation is higher because 1st Hassan had access to even more potent weed than everyone else, weed with far greater mystery, famed to be "totally...totally out there, man."
    Also I wanted another combat skill for him. He really needs some signals that say "this guy can survive an encounter with a Servant, and if the Servant is unprepared, win."

Most hillarious situations for the NP: Going shopping, suddenly the granny behind you snaps your neck as your Servant does not detect the manipulation (unless he's a Caster).
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Ahh, alright.

I suppose it's also a factor then that 4th war Gil wasn't quite as much of a sadistic monster as 5th war Grailtainted Gil. Less capacity for respect or restraint so he'd just tear into Heracles without a care.

Speaking of Berserkers, this is the last one I've pre-written in my text files from lurking. ^^; Paris was made on the spot, but this one I mulled over for awhile along with Quixote. He's meant to be a human who fights like Kouma until he's... not. I worry about the NP, but it's the only real skill he has, so I hope it balances out.

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Grendel
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad

Appearance:
    Human:
    A hulking dark-skinned giant with long and tousled wild dark green hair, Berserker's eyes seem to glow with a sickly, reptilian yellowish light. He wears no clothing save for what appears to be a large crimson war banner, wrapped around his abdomen to form a crude kilt. While little about his size or his appearance would suggest grace, in his human form, Berserker is a fearsome hand-to-hand combatant and deceptively fast and skillful in his rampage.

Monster:
    With each use of Monstrous Strength, Berserker sheds more of his humanity, gradually taking on the guise of the monster that he was demonized to be. When incarnated as the proper Grendel, he takes on increasingly reptilian features, with a hide of dark green metallic scales and sharp claws, bladed and barbed spikes and protrusions lining the exterior of his body. His very posture becomes more bestial in this form as he develops a preference for using each limb equally, sacrificing his previous desire for honorable combat in order to attack like a wild and feral predator.

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm: B
    Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Magic: D
    Luck: D

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement
    Rank-up for parameters not including Luck and Magic, but loses the ability to speak and is unable to make complicated thoughts.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation
    Strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. At this rank it is possible to fight and escape with serious injuries, but he will still succumb after a short time without aid.

Disengage
    The ability to break away from combat. This skill has the bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match.

Monstrous Strength
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank is possible for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. The longer Berserker is placed under the influence of this skill, the more his body takes on the features of the legendary Grendel.

Noble Phantasms:
    Aglaeca - A Wretched Body Made for Battle
    Type: Support
    Thought to have been impervious to all weapons in King Hroðgar's court, the body of the Grendel was said to be a twisted and monstrous form that couldn't be pierced or cut by any blade or edge. Although the source of this power is disputed, this legend manifests as an extreme resistance to all attacks delivered by a weapon. Normal blows of B or under with a weapon glance off Berserker's hide without serious harm and damage from Noble Phantasms that take the shape of a weapon is reduced to the equivalent of an E ranked attack.

The name of this Noble Phantasm is derived from an ambiguous term in the original poem that applied exclusively to the hero, Grendel, and his mother; translated as either a ferocious fighter and a wretched monster, Berserker embraces both definitions and devolves into a monstrosity that is incredibly difficult to slay by weapon alone.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't Grendel technically a beast, and thus not fitting for the throne?

Not that any of the Grails care anyway.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    That's what it says, but then against Hercules it was binding space itself, while against Joe Normal it'd be nothing more than a mundane, exceptionally well-made chain. So there's obviously some kind of sliding scale of restraint.
    What kind of a Noble Phantasm is it?
    The chain that appeared out of nowhere confines Berserker as if binding space itself.

""
    The chain twists Berserker's arms and bends them in a direction they should not go.
    The chains tighten mercilessly, trying to tear off the rock-like head.
    It's not literal though.

It hog-tied Hercules as if he was frozen in space. It did not actually freeze space.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Isn't Grendel technically a beast, and thus not fitting for the throne?

Not that any of the Grails care anyway.
    He's alternately interpreted as being a monster and a dark-skinned "descendant of Cain" so I hoped that was close enough to sneak in like Medusa did. ^^;

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Herc swam across the Streit of Messina. Divine Swimming Style rank-A!
    Whilst we're here (and recalling the topic of Enkidu and Divinity as well), I'd thought a while ago about doing hypothetical versions of Herakles for all the classes (minus Caster, of course). That proved to be trickier than expected, but I found found one interesting thing that I just had to exploit - one of the sillier points of classical myth, I think. Behold, an incredibly over-powered Noble Phantasm of Herakles, Servant Rider!

God-slaying Golden Chalice
    Ἀνδρεία
    (A+: Anti-Unit)

One of Herakles' mightiest Noble Phantasms, one obtained by force from the Sun, and empowering him so greatly as to terrorise the Ocean into obeying him. Whenever he summons Ἀνδρεία, Herakles gains a rank in three random parameters. Any other Noble Phantasms in his possessions - for example, the bow named 'Nine Lives' - have their destructive power increased in addition.

Because of the legend in which Herakles bent the gods to his will, Ἀνδρεία has particular effect against those suited to be divine spirits. If Herakles engages in battle against them whilst in this transport, Luck is raised to A-rank, in order that their manipulations of fate may be cast aside. Augmented damage is also done to those with Divinity ranks; this increases with the divine power of an enemy. Damage is fully doubled against opponents with A-rank Divinity. Those descending from spirits of the sun or the waves are especially vulnerable.

This is far from the full strength of the transport - no terrain will remain unsurpassed by Herakles whilst he has it. In but a single day, it carried him 2,500km from the the isle of Geryon back to Eurystheus' citadel of Tiryns. On water, where he originally used it, it takes the form of a giant golden goblet, great enough in size even to hold a herd of cattle. In the sky, it has the form of a chariot, for it was the original carriage of the Sun. When simply traversing the ground, Herakles will be seen to sail a ship that needs no wind.

(Ah, forgot to mention: Ἀνδρεία = 'bravery'. Took that from Apollodorus' account, when it's the reason Helios gives for allowing Herakles to have his fancy sea-going goblet; he's that impressed at some mortal telling the Sun he's going to shoot it if it doesn't cool down a bit. And 2,500km is approximately the distance from Cadiz - Geryon's isle, roughly - to the locations of Tiryns).
    Last edited by Seika; February 10th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Heracles riding a gigantic cup past everyone else's mounts is a terribly amusing and awesome mental image. ...I admit, I had trouble imagining Heracles as an Assassin as well until a conversation with a friend though.

"Have you ever heard of Heracles assassinating anyone?"

"Nope. That's how good he was at it."

"...!"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Relevant. Because Spinach pasted this over my wall. Technology's god-tier work.

Except doesn't it block Command Spell teleportation? I distinctly remember Ilya being all "ohnoes, I like my Servant, come back Bah sah kah and Gil's all "lolno". That's binding space isn't it?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law