Page 146 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4696136141144145146147148151156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    She was also pretty much the worst enemy of any christian hero. In one story (forgot which) the God (yes, that God) used an energy-spear or something to smite someone and kill them deader than dead. And since, according to Joan's profile, if you're a christian Servant with MR, christian-based magic attacks will bypass your resistance...
    ...well, that would've been ugly if we met.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    i can't elaborate a sheet now, i'll only drop a curious figure here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Togo

this man is awesome.
    Last edited by Kotollama; October 7th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

It's a smite of God.

Your argument is invalid.
    There is no God in Nasuland. Your argument is invalid.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes there is. Nasu himself has said it.

HAH. CHECKMATE.

There's a maybe hypothetical deistic God that never interacts with anything, sure, but no Yahweh leader of the Hebrews/Christians/ and Muslims.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter.

LEGENDS.

Blog Entries
    Yes there is. Nasu himself has said it.

HAH. CHECKMATE.
    Nasu says a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    And all of them are true! I read it on TM Wiki, you know, that Typhon is a giant white whale living superweapon who crash landed in South America, then he tamed this big wolf and stole Arcueid's hair.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    And all of them are true! I read it on TM Wiki, you know, that Typhon is a giant white whale living superweapon who crash landed in South America, then he tamed this big wolf and stole Arcueid's hair.
    Arcueid's that genderflipped Lancelot girl, right?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Nasu says a lot of things.
    This he whispered to me in bed.

Blog Entries
    Oh, myyy
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Oh, myyy

Five is actually George Takei. Discuss.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; October 7th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hello there, new avatar and user title.

Blog Entries
    I KNEW IT

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO
    FOCKIN RESEARCH IS KILLING ME

Doesn't matter.

LEGENDS.
    Tell that to Angra Mainyu, the guy who is nothing like his legend. Legends do a lot for you until Nasu says no-no.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Tell that to Angra Mainyu, the guy who is nothing like his legend. Legends do a lot for you until Nasu says no-no.
    That was an RP. Nasu wasn't there to say this or that. Argument, yours, invalid.

dealwithit.jpg
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; October 8th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

No u
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Well, since I've contributed a Rider, Archer, Berserker and Saber to this thread previously, I may as well complete the seven classes before I go and do any more. So here's an obscure Lancer. Irish, of course.

Warrior of the Dread Spear

Name:
    Óengus Gaíbúaibthech
    Class: Lancer

Parameters:
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: C
    Agility: A
    Mana: D
    Luck: E

History:

Though little is known of Lancer, his historical claims to fame are clear. He was Oengus Gaibuaibthech of the Deisi, a tribal band of warrior nomads who wandered the lands of Northern Ireland. He was known as a champion of the Desi, the king’s personal warrior. However, he was also known as a man who took insults to his family far too strongly and would exact payback no matter the cost, no matter how petty the insult. In fact, it was this drive to punish insults against his family that led to the greatest insult to his family, in the end. Oengus’ neice Forach was assaulted and raped by Conn, the wanton son of Cormac mac Airt, High King of Tara, the region of Northern Ireland that the Deisi lived in. Conn took the poor girl back to his father’s court and so Oengus, as champion and mightiest of the Deisi, took a band of fifty men to Cormac’s court to confront him.

Conn, unrepentant and spoiled as he was, refused to return the fair Forach, causing Oengus to take a dread spear and run him through. Whether the spear was his own or the spear of Cormac mac Airt remains unknown, but he slew the petulant young man and as he withdrew the spear it’s butt killed one of Cormac’s courtiers. The High King was also blinded in one eye, struck by either chains or the butt of the spear in the middle of the fray. Due to the law of Tara at the time he could no longer remain High King due to his physical deformity and so stepped down, taking hold of the amassed military of Tara to chase down Oengus and the Deisi who had slighted him. The Deisi fought for forty days against the far stronger army of Cormac, and it took seven battles for them to be conclusively defeated and driven out of the land of Tara.

After being forced from their homeland the Deisi wandered more than ever, and when the ruling king of the Deisi stepped down Oengus took his place as King. However, his role as both King and Champion caused murmurs of disturbance amongst the Deisi, the consolidation of power under one man a cause for concern amongst his subjects. Noting the rumors and the disruptions caused by them Oengus stepped down from the kingship, remaining as a simple Champion until his eventual death some years later.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C): While Óengus is a rather unknown Heroic Spirit he did live in a period where magic was quite abundant and oft-used, with the Celts often slinging around rune magicks, geas oaths and the like. Additionally, while his mana is not an impressively deep well of energy he has instinctually learned to flood his body and his few circuits with prana in order to repel weaker magical attacks and enhance his dread aura. As such his MR is slightly above the base level for a Lancer, and he can cancel magic with a chant of two or fewer verses.

Personal Skills:

Instinct (B): Oengus was the favoured champion of the Deisi for more than his battle skills. He possesses an unusually heightened level of instinctual understanding that his people believe is a gift from the Tuatha De Danann, and uses it to feel the most favourable flow of battle for himself, granting minor natural bonuses against external penalties like visual impairment or unknown techniques. It was this ability that allowed his small force of men to hold out for seven battles with the High King’s military forces and it is his instinct that allows Oengus to manipulate his Gae Crimall’s many chains without fear of injury.

Prana Burst (B): The other of Oengus’ dreaded abilities is his talent of charging up his spear with his own prana, another of the gifts he claims has come from some ancient and obscure lineage of the Tuatha De Danann. By channeling his energies into his weapons Oengus is able to destroy weapons not on the level of divine mysteries in only a few strokes and at the cost of burning up his energy rapidly can boost his physical capabilities as well.

Terrorise (C): Oengus does not hold the epithet “Of the Dread Spear” for no reason. His appearance is wild and fearsome, his many trophies of slain warrior displayed proudly on his body and his dreadful presence is enough to impede the perception and intuition skills of others at close range by a Rank Down until the affected foe injures Oengus in combat. Counters Bravery of an equal or lower rank.

Gae Buaibthech
    Dreadful Spear Which Blinds Kings

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: A simple enough spear, the shaft is made of dark hardwood, polished to a sheen. The relatively plain appearance belies the fear that this spear used to strike into the hearts of Oengus’ foes, as it was for this spear that he earned his dread claim. The spear is used as would be expected of a Lancer, as a mid-range thrusting and parrying weapon, and has upon its blade a malign venom that can impede others with even the smallest wound. Though the disparate stories indicate that in life the venom simply caused paralysing pain and it was the butt of the spear which blinded High King Cormac the legend has crystallised by tying the two elements together.

When wounded by the blade of this spear an enemy finds his senses progressively becoming dulled, particularly his vision, as blood vessels in the eyes rupture and cloud the opponent’s sight with his own blood. Because of how it damages blood vessels in the eyes this venom has the unexpected side-effect of disrupting all but the most powerful of Mystic Eyes as flow of prana through the eyeballs becomes impeded. As a constant ability, this spear is perfect for secrecy on the battlefield, with no need to invoke its name in order to generate the effect.

Gae Crimall
    Bloodthirsty Spear of the Dread Warrior

Type:
    Anti-Unit

Description: A long lance that bears three heavy iron chains connected to it by a rotating ring about a third of the way down its shaft, Gae Crimall is a unique and identifiable spear not just because of the chains but because of its dark red coloration, a result of the wood having actually been polished with the blood of the enemies it has killed, staining the grain permanently. The tales that surround Oengus indicate two separate origins for this spear, one attesting that this was the spear of the High King Crimall himself, snatched down from its ornamental brace to slay the king’s lecherous son, while others associate the spear directly with Oengus, asserting that this is the spear that he always used and which garnered him fame, rather than Gae Buaibthech.

Each of the three chains that this spear bears were said to be so long and heavy that they required three men to lift them, and with the long and solid blade on its tip the whole spear required ten men to carry it. Yet Oengus did so easily, and so when wielding this spear the + modifier to his C-rank strength is invoked, allowing him to swing the weapon with deadly ease.

Crimall was attested at least once to be related to or another name for the great spear of Lugh, and possesses at least a sliver of this miraculous heritage because of this. It is possible that Oengus’ own skills of Instinct and Prana Burst both have some ties to this weapon, though any ties they may have are not combat-applicable, as if they are related to the spear he has owned it for long enough to have taken the skills into his own body as inherent abilities.

Instead, the ability of Gae Crimall that may stem from Lugh’s own divine spear is the concept of striking the heart, one of the traits that Gae Bolg also bears. When thrust or thrown, if the spear hits it will strike the conceptual “heart” of the struck being, but it lacks the causality-inverting “concept of sure hit” that Gae Bolg inherits from its other forebear, Gungnir. This means that Gae Crimall can miss as any normal attack might and if it hits may only graze a limb. Thus, the concept of striking the heart that this spear manifests is not one of actually piercing the heart, but of duplicating the wound it inflicts, whether a mere scratch or a deep gouge, on the heart of the target.

The key difference to Gae Bolg is that this conceptual “heart” may not be the physical heart of the person, as indicated by how High King Cormac’s own heart was not destroyed by Crimall’s wounding his eye. Instead, Crimall’s injuring of Cormac’s eye struck the heart of his role of leader of Ireland, destroying his claim to kingship, as a man with a facial disfigurement could not claim or maintain the title of High King in his time. Thus the heart that Crimall destroyed was not his physical body but his dearest claim of honour, his kingship.

Notes:

God, Oengus here is a real patchwork of elements from the same story told multiple times with slight variations. In some his name translates as Angus of the Dreaded Spear, in others it appears to be closer to Angus of the Poisoned Spear. Variations also appear in whether Crimall was his own spear or the spear of Cormac, and if Crimall was the spear of the king as to whether he owned his own famed spear (one would presume that being called “Of the Dreaded Spear” might signify his own spear). Aside from the story of how he blinded Cormac there’s very little to go on with old Angus here.

Because of this his Lancer stats are pretty much the same as the basic Lancer container, except Strength bears a potential temporary modifier because he was purported in one account to have “the strength of fifty men”. It’s not much to go on, but it’s literally the only mention of anything resembling these stats that I was able to find so I rolled with it. One of the tales expands on his tribe’s exile from Northern Ireland, stating that Cormac and his whole retinue had to fight seven difficult battles and suffer tremendous losses before Oengus and his small tribe was expelled, so he was clearly an excellent warrior.

There are also mentions that he was the champion of the Deisi tribes and when his brother Brecc steps down he becomes king of the Deisi as well. However, he does not hold the title for long, choosing to abdicate the title thanks to murmurs within the Deisi about the consolidation of power combining the roles of champion and king entails. After being forced by Cormac’s unfair tactics into the neighboring land of Leinster the Deisi forcefully eject the existing tribe and settle in that land for over 30 years. Eventually the displace tribe manages to rally and kick the Deisi out, and then Oengus kind of fades out, presumably having lead them as a champion of the king until he died.
    Last edited by Vagrant; August 11th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.

He looks awesome, Vagrant (a feral looking warrior wielding a literally massive spear with three huge chains attached to it makes for an incredible mental image; the fact that, judging by the wording of his Instinct Personal Skill description, he apparently uses the chains on the spear Kratos-style is just icing on the cake)!

However, I have some questions. I am a little confused as to how Gae Crimall works:

Firstly, why is it credited with taking Cormac's eye in its description when it was said in Buaibthech's description that it is the spear that took the king's eye?

Would a wound from the chains, shaft or butt of the spear count as well for Crimall's effect to activate, or does he have to nail you with the bladed tip of the spear?

Whenever he wounds you with Crimall the target's conceptual "heart" is also injured, so, does this basically mean whatever they value the most also gets damaged?

I I am indeed understanding its effect correctly, how does the damage conversion work, cuz' he smashed the King's eye, but that's not fatal, and yet Cormac lost his right to be king, which was essentially the death of his kingship/"heart"?