Page 150 of 782 FirstFirst ... 50100140145148149150151152155160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Kojiro got a piece of the 2nd Magic just by swinging a sword over and over, so probably.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Flipping a pizza often enough results in developing a technique with fragments of First Magic, Denial of Hungriness.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome firloz, and remember: never make the mistake of taking other people's posts seriously!

After a very long hiatus and general apathy, I have returned with another Servant sheet dedicated to one of my childhood heroes.

As a forewarning: I am aware of the following Servant's credentials and how that contradicts canon. As a rebuttal to forthcoming arguments: I don't care. Relax. It is just sheet.

Enjoy~

-----------------------

Class: Rider
    True Name: Neil Armstrong
    Alignment: Neutral Good

That’s one small step for man. One giant leap for Mankind.

Statistics

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Magic: D
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Class Skills
    Riding
    The ability to ride beasts and vehicles. With his vast wealth of aeronautical knowledge and general piloting skills, Rider can effectively use any modern vehicle and mundane beast of burden for transport. However, due to his roots in the Modern Age he cannot ride beasts of magical nature.

Personal Skills
    Bravery
    The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion, and mesmerization. Despite all the dangers and hazards that were present during the Apollo Landing, Neil Armstrong and his wingman kept their fear from getting the best of them and managed one of the greatest feats of Mankind.

Explorer of the Stars
    The ability to make the impossible come true, borne by those who bring about the turning points of humanity. With success of the Apollo Landing, Neil Armstrong proved that man could shake off the shackles of its earthly bonds and aspire towards greatness. His first steps on the Moon would lead to Mankind leaving its Mother Earth and setting forth an exploration of space, the Final Frontier. Once per day, Rider is able to make grand miracles occur to turn the tide of fate with no chance of failure.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Star Spangled Banner Sea of Tranquility
    Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 50
    Max Targets: 25

Rider’s unorthodox choice of weapon: the flag of his home country. He uses it as a makeshift spear to pierce and bludgeon his enemy. But this is not its true function as a Noble Phantasm. Once he plants it, it releases prana that creates a Bounded Field simulating the gravity of Luna. Enemy battle ability is reduced due to fighting in an unfamiliar environment but the negative effects are temporary.

Houston Command Rider Has a Problem
    Type: Support
    Range: --
    Max Targets: 1 (Self)

A passive Phantasm that grants Rider minor battlefield awareness that alerts him to dangerous developments. The command center “Houston” will give Rider information about enemy tactics and abilities. Taking the advice from the radio set in his suit, Rider increases his battle effectiveness and survival chances during fighting. However it is not all-knowing as modern explanation cannot explain magical events or phenomenon.

Apollo Eleven Soaring Eagle
    Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 100
    Max Targets: 1-4

Rider’s ultimate Noble Phantasm and mount that qualifies him for the class. Using prana to form his vehicle, Rider jumps aboard and launches himself towards his target. Normally an object from the Modern Age would be useless against conceptual beings. However, the event of the Moon Landing was the milestone in space exploration leading to future voyages. With the success of Apollo Eleven, Man proved to itself that it could shake off the bonds of Earth and travel among the stars. To defeat or defend against this Noble Phantasm, one must overcome imbued concept of "the expansion of Man’s horizons".

-----------------------

Questions, comments, outraged objections?
    Last edited by MssrNeko; October 23rd, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

Spoiler:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Wouldnīt be "Anti-Army" be more accurate if it possibly affects more than a single unit at once? Is A- enough to qualify for the Rider class? Donīt know if Bravery works versus nonsupernatural stuff, too.
    Last edited by Schattenbach; October 23rd, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

The minus is there to show that he can't ride magical mounts. "Anti-Army" does make sense since I put those numbers; honestly I just put them there. :3c

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    As a forewarning: I am aware of the following Servant's credentials and how that contradicts canon. As a rebuttal to forthcoming arguments: I don't care.
    Ugh. This has got out of hand. Look, the point some of us have been maintaining is that modern people don't qualify to be canon Servants. Outside of canon (e.g. made up by random people in a thread on a foreign-language message board entirely unaffiliated with Type-Moon), whatever. Doesn't actually win you points, and I think everyone will bring up other canon violations, but for creativity's sake this is one restriction everyone lets go.

My immediate reaction is that it looks fine, but all the +s on low-levels parameters look kinda ugly (it's very rare for that to actually appear, if you look at the F/SN Servants) and you've not really given reasoning for them. Under what circumstances does he get the boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
    Is A- enough to qualify for the Rider class?
    No specific rank qualification has been given.

Donīt know if Bravery works versus nonsupernatural stuff, too.
    Looked over this a day or two ago, didn't we? I thought it did work, but no moon-runers stuck their nose in to give a more solid interpretation.
    Last edited by Seika; October 23rd, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Sorry if I pushed a button, Seika. I just wanted to put it out there.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Looked over this a day or two ago, didn't we? I thought it did work, but no moon-runers stuck their nose in to give a more solid interpretation.
    Yeah. Saddly Iīm still not all that sure, but thanks for your help back then. Hopefully we get some more solid interpretations in the future to clear things up for sure.

Blog Entries
    Sorry if I pushed a button, Seika. I just wanted to put it out there.
    Nah, no buttons pushed. It was just that some comments in the other thread plus what you said seemed to suggest that people were really getting wary of posting modern Servants for fear of other jumping down their throats. And they shouldn't be afraid of that, because we have always overlooked it previously (I mean, like I said, it's never going to get put in the positive side of a review, but it's not going to count against you either).

The only time to attack a modern Heroic Spiriti is when people think that it's still a canon possibility. Go Counter Force or go home.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Ah right.

TBH, even if Simo Haya was a Servant he would have shitty stats and D-C Noble Phantasm. Because while it is impressive that he did all that stuff in the Winter War, it really pales in comparison to other feats from past heroes. 700+ kills is like a daily headcount for Cu and then there's lolHerakles.

Spoiler:

Well ... if someone wouldīve manage to pull of the unbelivable and find a way that statisfys both humanity and gaia and avoids the planets death as well as all the stuff of the bad future in notes, it wouldīve some potential for the position of heroic spirit, wouldnīt it? But besides destiny defying miracles like that ...

Blog Entries
    I only have two actual issues with it. The first being excessive amounts of + modifiers. Like Seika said, what even triggers them? The second is Houston Command which seems like something that could be put into a personal skill, and doesn't seem like a Noble Phantasm kind of thing.

...I admit that I tend to go overboard with pluses.

And yeah, Houston Command would be more of a Personal Skill. But I figured since it would be weird for Armstrong to have Eye of Mind since he lacks any combat experience so I made HC to make up for it.

Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This sort of thing should be fine, even using Nasu himself as a guide. The first thing the guy does is create a world full of intricate and rigid rules of operation, the second thing he does is find as many ways to break/bend them as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
    Well ... if someone wouldīve manage to pull of the unbelivable and find a way that statisfys both humanity and gaia and avoids the planets death as well as all the stuff of the bad future in notes, it wouldīve some potential for the position of heroic spirit, wouldnīt it? But besides destiny defying miracles like that ...
    Because on the scale of a war with millions involved, killing a bunch of foot soldiers is small time to an incomparable amount. Now if he say, shot a single bullet that instantly killed the entire command structure of the Nazis on the eve of Russian defeat then yeah sure. Simo Haya killing all those enemy soldiers wouldn't have stopped another group equally as large and probably larger from taking Russia. And he did it using a gun that anyone can use, not a one of a kind weapon. No modern Heroic Spirit for you.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    ...I admit that I tend to go overboard with pluses.

And yeah, Houston Command would be more of a Personal Skill. But I figured since it would be weird for Armstrong to have Eye of Mind since he lacks any combat experience so I made HC to make up for it.
    Which leaves plenty of room to brainstorm up a cool custom skill, which are usually my favorite parts of Servant sheets. Custom skills, I mean. But anyway, it's not as big of an issue to me as the +s. Just a minor nitpick because I like creative custom skills.

Understandable.
    Custom skills, if they are properly used and well-thought out, can help differentiate a cookie cutter Servant into a unique individual.

Unfortunately, I lack the creativity for such endeavors.
    xD

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Channel your inner Verg. Verg should also channel his own inner Verg and put up some more sheets. :3

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Because on the scale of a war with millions involved, killing a bunch of foot soldiers is small time to an incomparable amount. Now if he say, shot a single bullet that instantly killed the entire command structure of the Nazis on the eve of Russian defeat then yeah sure. Simo Haya killing all those enemy soldiers wouldn't have stopped another group equally as large and probably larger from taking Russia. And he did it using a gun that anyone can use, not a one of a kind weapon. No modern Heroic Spirit for you.
    I donīt get what you want to point out with that statement regarding my previous question.