Page 377 of 617 FirstFirst ... 277327367372375376377378379382387427477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I still don't really understand why people like brave shine. I skipped it Everytime past the first episode it played cause I found both the song and visuals meh

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What made DEEN's soundtrack more memorable you feel?

I remember showing someone who had never had any real interaction with Fate stuff, and he felt the OP theme for DEEN/Stay Night, disillusion, was a lot more memorable, than the OP theme for ufotable. The Season 1 OP theme.
    Unmei no Yoru is the best piece of music in the whole Fate series.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Which one

I have a few:

I prefer the SF/Zero LN’s to the VN. They double down on (IMO) Fate’s strongest aspects while leaving out the weaker ones.

The romance really should have been left out of the VN, and slice of life should have been drastically reduced.

Please stop recycling faces and reimagining characters as lolis.

I really dislike Artoria. Characters that are “always so altruistic, they are only happy when they help others….” are horrible, boring and unrealistic. Her love for chivalry and her face being constantly used for every other female servant doesn’t help either. And a romance between a human and a spirit in less than two weeks is just plan stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Which one
    Sorry I mean ufotable's UBW Season 1 OP theme.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    I really dislike Artoria. Characters that are “always so altruistic, they are only happy when they help others….” are horrible, boring and unrealistic. Her love for chivalry and her face being constantly used for every other female servant doesn’t help either. And a romance between a human and a spirit in less than two weeks is just plan stupid.
    I don't think you understand Saber's character.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I have a few:

I prefer the SF/Zero LN’s to the VN. They double down on (IMO) Fate’s strongest aspects while leaving out the weaker ones.

The romance really should have been left out of the VN, and slice of life should have been drastically reduced.

Please stop recycling faces and reimagining characters as lolis.

but Fate/Zero wouldn't be exist without that stupid VN called Fate/Stay night.

also Romance is one of the most important aspect in Kinoko's mind.

so you just denied the Type-Moon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    I don't think you understand Saber's character.
    I am aware that’s not all there is to her character, but I picked out some of the points that annoyed me the most because I don’t feel like writing an long dissertation on her character.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    but Fate/Zero wouldn't be exist without that stupid VN called Fate/Stay night.
    also Romance is one of the most important aspect in Kinoko's mind..
    I actually love the VN (well, mostly UBW and HF), I just don’t think it is as good as SF or Zero overall.

So? I think its uninteresting, forced and together with the slice of life takes up way too much time that should be used on the HGW. That fact that Nasu finds it important doesn’t change what I do and don’t appreciate about Type-Moon’s stories.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am aware that’s not all there is to her character, but I picked out some of the points that annoyed me the most because I don’t feel like writing an long dissertation on her character.
    yeah, but most of the points you brought up aren't that correct either. For example, i don't know who is this character who is "only happy when helping others...", but it's definitely not Saber.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I agree that the abundant slice of life brings FSN down a lot. FSN has pretty dreadful pacing because of it, and I have never considered Nasu a very funny guy in the first place so his comedy is just zzzzzz. You could definitely shave a lot of SoL away from FSN.

Saber is not supposed to be realistic character, shes a walking, breathing ideal. Which is why all the realistic peeps of Camelot went into sicko mode. The character as a concept is perfectly fine imo, but I do really dislike Sabers romance in Fate route myself. I generally dont vibe with the idea of human x servant romance very much, and Shirou x Saber just happens to be an exceptionally poor one. The unfortunately tactless, clumsy, hard to believe and accidentally sexist writing just leaves me with a horrible taste. My favorite FSN Saber is the one at the start of HF when Shirou and Saber are just a team actively patrolling fuyuki together, thats the dynamic i wouldva liked in Fate route.

I guess im a minority on beasts lair since i vastly prefer the tragic yuribait knight who gets her shit despair-slapped of Zero to the uwu hungry heroine who gets cured from her troubles with gamer sex of FSN.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    also Romance is one of the most important aspect in Kinoko's mind.
    That he claims but I have always felt type moon romances are not that good, and not much thought is put into them despite Nasu being a bonafide dedicated Boy Meets Girl writer. Like its just there because thats the kind of content nasu reads and likes and hence has to be there.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post

That he claims but I have always felt type moon romances are not that good, and not much thought is put into them despite Nasu being a bonafide dedicated Boy Meets Girl writer. Like its just there because thats the kind of content nasu reads and likes and hence has to be there.
    that's what doujin game is all about. aside from gender bending Arthur Takeuchi just let Kinoko wrote whatever he wanted.

What you people like of Nasu stories? What is left?
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Well, what do you get when you disregard every facet of the prose?

The poetry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Fukusawa did a great job and I will die for Fictional Heroic Spirit, let alone Overcoming the Myth, Burning Ashes, Archer, and Fist of Desperate Awakening.
    fukasawa is the best
    the best

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I still don't really understand why people like brave shine. I skipped it Everytime past the first episode it played cause I found both the song and visuals meh
    Aimer's ubw stuff is awfully tonally disconnected from the actual thing
    like brave shine is an okay song
    but the opening sucked
    and it does not fit the anime at all

maybe its lack of sawano thats the issue

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be an unpopular opinion to say that typemoon openings declined in quality as of late
    they are just not great
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; June 20th, 2020 at 11:00 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I feel like thats popular opinion.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    So you're putting off listening to an LN in a language you can't speak anyway because you have a grudge against the va from a different character from a different franchise

btw, lol
    I hold grudges easily. Like, for the slightest stuff. I'm just that kind of person who wants "revenge on everything" so to speak. That's a chip that I'm afraid I can't rip off my shoulder because it's central to who I am (the guy who criticizes anything he doesn't love or not mind).

That and I was briefly into the Seiyuu fandom and trust me buddy, there are people there who would send death threats to VAs they don't know.

I already scheduled a readout for both Notes and TnS: when I'm being driven to another city next week, because thankfully someone volunteered so I have 2 hours of road trip to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Is it weird that I don't even know who voices who? I recognize voices, sure, but I don't make a point of learning names or other roles or whatever. It's an element of anime fandom that has passed me by completely.
    I was that way, then I realized I took an arrow to the ears when I realized Akira Ishida voiced hentai and my stomach started doing cartwheels (not in a good way), then I heard that certain VAs pretty much orgasm on screen with their original names attached (instead of the tried and tested practice of going alter ego) and I positively felt nausea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    kenjiro tsuda exists but have you heard liam o'brian, the bone of his sword
    Kenjiro Tsuda is the shit and will always be the shit. Anyone who voiced Seto Kaiba in any language will always be awesome in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Unmei no Yoru is the best piece of music in the whole Fate series.
    Their version of Emiya (from the UBW movie) was also really nice. It's my favorite short of Time Alter Emiya. Kenji Kawaii is good.

I will still hope one day we get a Shiro Sagisu (pun intended) Nasu soundtrack.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is the first Apocrypha opening well liked?

I prefer the SF to the VN.
    I get why people like it but I find Strange Fake to be pretty mediocre. Narita's stories have always been the epitome of style over substance and I feel like he's at his best when he tackles his own original works compared to working on an existing franchise.

The whole thing is just a bloated mess of references and a cast comprised of revolving door characters that all await their turns at the spotlight yet it all comes off as very stagnant and nothing really substantial happens throughout it as of just yet. It's like a less crappier version of Apocrypha...which is not saying a whole lot since Apo is already at the bottom of the barrel.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think it's weaker than the second OP but it's not the worst song ever.

Very big fan of Apocrypha's first ED though.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I liked the song paired with the visuals but the first time I heard it I kept waiting for the song to reach the high point and it never fucking happened.

That said I still preferred it to the second op which, despite having a nicer song, had visuals that made me hate the whole thing.

The second Ed is better than both the ops though