Page 376 of 617 FirstFirst ... 276326366371374375376377378381386426476 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    I still think Deen's Fate misunderstands Shirou's Character on a fundamental level. Ufo's Ubw also doesn't totally get Shirou, but this is somewhat covered by a better exploration of his relationship with archer.
    Most of that is from the problem of anime as a medium. The VN gives us deep insight into Shirou as a person, so all his stupid shounen bullshit makes sense. Without the constant narration form his perspective he looks like a moron 90% of the time, because you're just seeing him jump into these situation for no reason, and get swatted by Herc.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I've only gotten mad at Shirou twice across all the adaptations honestly. The first when he sacrificed Saber to Medea (yeah it wàs a hostage situation but I feel the lack of an apology to saber and his stone face in the anime was what set me off the most) and him closing his eyes to Sakura's shenanigans in heavens feel (though in his defense everyone in the house did so too)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I'm really tempted to agree, but it's hard to tell how much of it is the soundtrack and nostalgia, as well as how much of it is Kajiura fatigue. The only real competitor is UBW anime, and then you get into the weird territory where you open up by saying that it's an unfair comparsion because of budget, and that the stuff inserted into the story in DEEN Stay Night was better than what was effectively fanservice in UBW.

But you can do FAR worse when adapting a VN than just making Sakura project a knife and Shirou project a towel. At around the same time the Higurashi anime came out, and everyone loved it, despite it being an actual abhorrent monstrosity that missed the point of the original so hard I still don't quite understand how it's possible to be this tone-deaf.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that, the Higurashi anime actively ruined the best thing the author has ever written by showing Meakashi-hen from the outside, so that when someone read it after the anime, it became worse. I sometimes wonder if it was the starting point of ruining Ryukishi's work and making it into a soul-less appeal to emotion in the Umineko finale, which led to no one in Japan taking him seriously these days.

DEEN Stay Night is a shining paragon of faithfulness to the source next to that.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, we can laugh at JC Staff Tsukihime all we want, but can you imagine if it was good? An adaptation that misunderstands the point this hard, but is by itself something attractive to the lowest common denominator, so that the writer has to appeal to his new fanbase he never asked for by dumbing his future work down? Can you imagine if Nasu got the impression from JCTsuki-but-successful that people really like Twilight, and so everything he would write from then on would be a soapy love story?
    This is some next level salt right there

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    "…Well, humans forget their ugliness and substitute farce with tragedy."
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    Not a TM opinion, but it seems to be pretty unpopular so I'll share regardless: I actually quite liked Umineko Ep8. I can understand why some people might be unsatisfied with it, but I don't get what makes people so viscerally upset, and I definitely don't understand any sort of claims about it being "soulless." Maybe I'm just not big brain enough to enjoy Umineko "properly."

On that note, I should really get around to reading Higurashi sometime. And Mahoyo. Since I've been sitting on them both for like 8+ years.
    I wouldn't call liking episode 8 unpopular. It's split.

I and a lot of friends absolutely adore episode 8. Honestly I feel the people who dislike episode 8 are either

1: actual goats
    2: people who had different expectations for Umineko and didn't catch onto the actual flow from 3-5 episodes ago.

I still think Umineko is the best VN without much contest, and that Ryukishi is a master at making a single closed knit-together story. He's a much better writer than Nasu, and just as good as a storyteller.

Nasu's strength is his passion and storytelling that lets him go everywhere he wants and in a lot of directions. Although that doesn't always go well.

As far as Deen Stay Night goes. It's old, it's not amazing and it feels like a compromise. Those are its main faults and otherwise its pretty ok as an adaption. F/SN just doesn't translate to anime all that well. UBW-table is just boring and a action spectaclefest as its only real merit. I think it's terrible as an adaption and it kills the impact of a lot of character defining scenes.

It also has a boring as hell soundtrack and for an actual unpopular opinion I really think Brave Shine is Aimer's worst song. It's an Aimer song that's bad.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I liked umineko 1-4 but answer arc steadily lost my interest and ep8 was wackness. The only post umineko r07 ive read is Rewrites Lucia route and that was pure garbage. Zero interest to try his new Naku koro ni series.

Higurashi is still the best of his stuff ive read.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    It also has a boring as hell soundtrack and for an actual unpopular opinion I really think Brave Shine is Aimer's worst song. It's an Aimer song that's bad.
    I don't agree with Brave Shine being bad, but it's definitely not Aimer's best. Last Stardust, however, is my fucking jam.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

I also find Last Stardust really boring.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Fukusawa did a great job and I will die for Fictional Heroic Spirit, let alone Overcoming the Myth, Burning Ashes, Archer, and Fist of Desperate Awakening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I also find Last Stardust really boring.
    We don't have the BL TM emoji for disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Fukusawa did a great job and I will die for Fictional Heroic Spirit, let alone Overcoming the Myth, Burning Ashes, Archer, and Fist of Desperate Awakening.
    Bless you

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I don't find Brave Shine and Last Stardust bad, but I first introduced to Aimer stuff from Unicorn, not only I found those songs better, I get bored of her voice by the time UBW happens.

Listen Aimer can do good stuff.

It's ok to have higher standards for her. She's a big girl.

Fukusawa's great tho yeah. But that's not a unpopular opinion.

US Friend Code
    I think Last STardust worked very well in the scene it was used in but on its own isn't that great.

JP Friend Code
    But that's not a unpopular opinion.
    It is.
    Moving on.

Since when did people hate Fukusawa's music?

JP Friend Code
    I meant your take about his "boring" soundtrack in UBW
    Last edited by Hakuno; June 19th, 2020 at 09:25 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since when did people hate Fukusawa's music?
    I remember people whining about the UBW soundtrack when the anime was first broadcast. Mainly that Kajiura wasn't doing it, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I think Last STardust worked very well in the scene it was used in but on its own isn't that great.
    From what I usually see, this may be an unpopular opinion in general, but I honestly couldn't care less about how any given music from a soundtrack sound outside of the work it was created for. Their only worth is how they are used there.

Being nice to listen outside of that is a nice, and very rare, bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    I meant your take about his "boring" soundtrack in UBW
    ??

I talked about his music being good tho?
    EDIT
    Oh right in ufobw.

yeah, UBw UFO just has like the bottom of the barrel by people who can do better imo.

For some reason, Fukasawa's anime compositions all sound incredibly bland and are pretty poorly implemented when compared to his video game/VN BGMs. I still remember the best track in the whole OST in ufoUBW, literally titled "Unlimited Blade Works" to be only used in the previews and ending credits of episode 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I don't find Brave Shine and Last Stardust bad, but I first introduced to Aimer stuff from Unicorn, not only I found those songs better, I get bored of her voice by the time UBW happens.
    I don't dislike her songs but from my experience, the tracks that really stand out from her are those which are written by the likes of Sawano and Kajiura, with the rest of her stuff coming off as really forgettable in comparison.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    When I listen to ufoUBW's OST on its own, im like "yeah this is pretty nice. Not Mahoyo nice but still alright". But the problem is I dont really remember many of these tracks from the anime. They didnt leave much of an impression while actually watching the show.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    What made DEEN's soundtrack more memorable you feel?

I remember showing someone who had never had any real interaction with Fate stuff, and he felt the OP theme for DEEN/Stay Night, disillusion, was a lot more memorable, than the OP theme for ufotable. The Season 1 OP theme.