Page 233 of 302 FirstFirst ... 133183223228231232233234235238243283 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    And charm levels from being good at tea

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    1. Affinity doesnt matter, yoi can always lewd that particular dragon loli
    2. Dark seals cant be bought; they only drop from the death knight
    3. Recruiting is a combination of supports and what they ask for, increase everything relevant and try to get them to B if you can
    4. Byleth levels from tutoring, seminars which are a bad idea, and usign said skill in battles. Stats only increase from level ups amd certain stat up items
    I don't think seminars are strictly bad, but tutoring is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    And charm levels from being good at tea
    That makes a difference? Good to know. I've been doing it anyway, but still, good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Started the Blue Lion's path on an NG+ file yesterday, and I must say, I'm already really liking these guys. Their supports are quite funny and engaging, even if the route itself is seeming quite easy compared to my first GD run. I know I'm going to poach whomever I can for my ultimate Golden Deer Run.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Seminars are just ineffective overall. They burn up an entire day for raising proficiency that can be raised by other means at less costly means when you have high enough professor levels. The only way I can see it being useful is if you want to skip a day but don't want to rest and Byleth needs a little push to get over the hump on a proficiency.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

That's basically what I use seminars for. That and if I want to quickly bump someone else's profiency and raise their motivation for later instruction.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just noticed that Fire Emblem, a Nintendo game, is one of the few JRPGs where the heroes actually kill people (AKA not just "monsters" AKA not just miraculous avoiding a fatal blow nearly 100% of the time). Of course, that works both ways, too, but obviously, if your units die, you should get good. And by "people", I clarify fully living, breathing humans, homo sapiens sapiens. In other words, Nobodies from Kingdom Hearts, vampires from Castlevania and other things, etc. don't count, and by killing, I don't necessarily mean in cold blood, rather... Well, to use GBF as an example, someone please explain how Hallessena's chainsaw fighting can possibly be nonlethal.

Some levels are specifically stated to be non-lethal, but yeah, in FE, you regularly kill humans. Even the future kids in Awakening in some Xenologue or other mention this, specifically about how they now have to fight and kill humans after spending most of their lives fighting Risen.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, yes, obviously, mock battles are nonlethal.

I dunno what I expected with these new DLC costumes, but what I got was disappointment.

Blog Entries
    okay, time for 4 more playthroughs

what to do, what to do
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; September 11th, 2019 at 02:27 AM.

I'm in a real tizzy right now. I JUST started a Hard mode BL playthrough and have poached quite a few students before the Lonato mission, but now that Maddening is out, should I just start over again? I dunno, I want to preserve the supports I've achieved and don't want all that shit to go to waste. Maybe I'll do it my first Crimson Flower playthrough, or maybe, I should just play all the routes Hard first, then play Silver Snow and Verdant Wind on Maddening because those are the two I care about most.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    I dunno what I expected with these new DLC costumes, but what I got was disappointment.
    We need to redownload, right?

Something is seriously wrong with your copy or your Switch if you need to redownload all the time. I personally did not have to, though I am disappointed to learn that to play on Maddening, I have to start over and can't just adjust the difficulty in the same playthrough.

- - - Updated - - -

How does one create a poll on an already existing thread?

Blog Entries
    ive decided i want to play beagles
    church time, MC + 6 beagles
    not sure who to recruit tho, Annette Marianne Lysithea and try to use Manuela Hanneman? Maybe drop Annette for Seteth
    but i want Mercedes too. Decisions, decisions.

Seteth is an MVP, definitely use him. Also, I'd say recruit everyone even if you aren't using them.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    War phase is more dramatic and hype if you have to face your old students

recruiting is only if you wanna see cross house bonds and paralogues or really wanna replace someone. Or cant absolutely stomach seeing someone die.

All of those are basically my reasoning. That, and for Church route, considering you get no Lord, you might as well load up on students to get all the help you can.

- - - Updated - - -

For my Super GD route, I also want as many students as possible to be present for the final boss because you know, Fodlan's New Dawn.

Blog Entries
    No Lord church is a meme by the way
    you get Catherine with something like 28 24 STR Speed to replace your lord which is fairly respectable on its own
    but more importantly you get Thunderbrand, that shit is nuts

You get Thunderbrand in basically every route BUT Crimson Flower if you want, what's the big deal? That, and not having an OP lord definitely makes a difference.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    With the new update, do we need to manually download the DLC, or is it automatically downloaded the next time that we restart the game, assuming that we bought the season pass? Also, a few weeks before I even wanted the game, I recalled there was some kind of advertisement when you turned on your Switch about Fire Emblem house-specific themes, or wallpapers, or print out covers, or whatever? Are those still around, were they time-limited, or did I just imagine the whole thing?