Page 670 of 782 FirstFirst ... 170570620660665668669670671672675680720770 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,400 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

True Name: Gideon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Summoning Catalyst: The Ephod he made after defeating the Midianites.

Strength- D+
    Agility- C+ (B+)
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- A
    NP- C+++

Appearance: A bit of an older man with slightly shaggy dark hair and olive eyes. His features are relatively youthful despite his age, and he radiates a carefree sort of aura. Has a bit of stubble on his chin. Wears a bronze armored shirt, red kilt, white headband and bronze sandals with straps around his legs.

Equipment: sword, shield, trumpet

Personality: Kind and humble, but downright ruthless to his enemies. Shows deep faith in the Lord, relying on him and not his personal strength to prevail. Anyone who subjugates others has earned his ire, and he will strike down such a person without mercy or regrets. But otherwise, he is a good-hearted and not terribly serious individual who doesn't give the impression of a warrior.

Dislikes: Midianites, subjugation
    Talent: inflating number of troops
    Natural Enemy: kings Zebah and Zalmunna

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (D+)- Can create a "military encampment" where forces can be gathered, but has no special properties.

Item Construction (D)- Can craft only minor magical artifacts. After attaining victory over the Midianites, Gideon went on to make an Ephod (holy artifact) out of the gold won in the battle.

Personal Skills:

Pursuit (B)- Increase in aptitude shown in pursuit of retreating enemies. While in persuit, Agility is treated as one rank higher then it would otherwise be, and he gains the Skill Presence Detection (C) in order to successfully track the target. As the Midianite army was fleeing towards their native desert, Caster and his band of 300 followed closely after them, fought another battle with them, destroyed them utterly, and took their two kings, Zebah and Zalmunna, whom he killed.

Bravery (A)- The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion and mesmerization through sheer fortitude of will. Caster showed immense bravery in standing up to the Midianite army with a scant 300 men, not once faltering in his faith in God. At this rank, melee damage is also boosted.

Noble Phantasm:

Peerless Illusory Army- Sword For The Lord And For Gideon (C+++, Anti-Army): The crystallization of Gideon's famous victory against the Midianites. In order to prove that the victory was to be an act of God and not man, God instructed Gideon to send home all but 300 of them, a miniscule force in comparison to the thousand-strong invading army. To win, it would take nothing short of a true miracle.

And a miracle was granted. Divided into three groups, Gideon and his forces waited until the dead of night to stealthily encircle the Midianite encampment on all sides, each equiped with a pitcher, lamp and trumpet.

All at once, they broke the pitchers, blew mightily on the trumpets and waved the lanterns all about, shouting "The sword for the Lord and for Gideon!"

The Midianite people couldn't see clearly in the darkness, so all they perceived were flashes of light, thundering noises and glimmering swords from all directions. It was if they were suddenly surrounded by a virtually limitless army.

Terror-stricken, the Midiantes fled the encampment and attacked each other in a blind panic (not able to clearly tell friend from foe in the dark and confusion). Retreating to their homeland in the south-east, they were quickly picked off by Gideon and his forces of 300.

As a Noble Phantasm, it allows him to conjure up that terrifying army which shook the Midianites so greatly. Not his true force of 300, but what it became to the Midianites in the dark. A peerless, all-incompassing and limitless army that even the best soldiers can only retreat from.

Invoked by blowing on his signature trumpet, the image of an army of ancient Israelite soldiers is conjured up around the opponent bearing swords, shields and armor. This is an illusion, but is brought into reality through the target's beliefs. Any target must pass a Luck check at this point, lest they abandon any thought of fighting and flee the battle in terror. If they stay, the appearance of the army will be gradually distorted more and more to accomodate the enemy's worst fears, becoming demonic or inhuman soldiers straight out of nightmares. Also, a more insidious effect imposes the image of one such soldier upon every allied enemy to every other, so they perceive each other as enemies. At its greatest potential, an entire army could be thrown into disorder and made to wipe themselves out.

The effect can be resisted by Skills like Bravery and Soul Of A Martyr, but as a miracle from God it bypasses Magic Resistance regardless of rank. Also, it can only be invoked at night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Biblical Servant to add to my roster. Gideon, one of the Judges of Israel. NP description was longer then usual, since I pretty much had to describe a big part of his legend (whereas usually that gets a few sentences of flavor-text at the beginning or end). Definitely an unorthodox Caster, in that he's more suited for close combat and has generally higher stats then is usual for that Class. I basically made him a Caster because no other Class really fit him, and I was kinda' inspired by the Caster Diomedes sheet Seika made a while back. NP is interesting, in that it's quite quite powerful under the right circumstances and also makes him downright ineffectual if his enemies ever find out how it works. As always, be sure to stop by with comments and criticisms!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Illusionary NP's are always good and I like the pursuit skill, however there is a fault here, strength and agility are awfully high for a class that are supposed to be squishy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Illusionary NP's are always good and I like the pursuit skill, however there is a fault here, strength and agility are awfully high for a class that are supposed to be squishy.
    I even pointed that out myself in the afterword. Gideon was basically intended to be a "close-combat Caster", with shades of Gilles in that he's totally sucky at it if not for his NP. Definitely unorthodox, though not wholly without precedent (I think Babbage from GO has around similarly high stats). Anyways, thanks for the commentary!

- - - Updated - - -

Lowered Strength to D. Now he's hopefully a bit more Caster-like so far as stats go. Agility gets to stay the same because comparatively high Agility (combined with his Pursuit Skill) is a big part of his game-plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized that with this guy I now have a Biblical Servant for all of the seven Classes (
    Saber
    Methuselah
    Lancer
    Longinus
    Rider
    Adam/Elijah
    Berserker
    Samson
    Caster
    Gideon
    Assassin
    Cain
    ) other then Archer. At this point, I could practically have a whole War with just Biblical Servants!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Babbage only has stats that high because of his skill Mechanical Armour - It grant a rank up to Strength and Endurance plus three "++" modifiers to three parameters and the skill is ranked EX.

The only biblical archers i can think of (other than david) are Johnathan and Nimrod.

Blog Entries
    The only biblical archers i can think of (other than david) are Johnathan and Nimrod.
    Jonathan would make for an interesting Heroic Spirit, especially his bromance with David. Strangely, the only Jonathan sheet on this thread (way back when) is incredibly sparse and has the NP censored out due to Eternal Arms Mastery (which it doesn't even make sense for him to have and was seemingly added only as an excuse to avoid listing his NP).

Nimrod's been done a whole bunch in this thread already.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think i'll get started on a Jonathan at some point, I've only done one archer so far.

Blog Entries
    I think i'll get started on a Jonathan at some point, I've only done one archer so far.
    Good luck!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer
    Tristan, the Knight of Lyonesse

Appearance

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of birth: Lyonesse
    STR: C+
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MAG: B
    LUCK: D
    NP: A

Class Skills

Independent Action (B):
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's prana supply, the Master can concentrate their own prana on large spells, and the Servant will be fine in the case they cannot supply prana due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control, meaning the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells. At this rank, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Magic Resistance (C):
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. This rank can cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills

Soldier of Love (A+):
    A skill that causes parameters to rise when fighting under certain conditions: for the sake of, or to defends, the one the holder holds dear. A white knight skill. This is the highest possible rank, and causes all of Archer’s parameters to rise by two whole ranks. Combines well with his Iseult Noble Phantasm.

Eye of the Mind (False) (B):
    A natural talent to avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience, where accuracy of instinct has been augmented by experience -- somewhat overcoming the problem of visual obstructions that appear in the course of combat. A high rank that allows for calm analysis of battle conditions, by which competent grasp of the status of the self and the opponent are obtainable even in the midst of danger and utilization of such to deduce the appropriate course of action that permits escape from a lethal predicament.

Clairvoyance (B): Connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition ("future vision") and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth), though Archer’s rank is not high enough to truly allow these, though he can see through solid objects. Though he cannot truly see the future, by combining this skill with Eye of the Mind he can usually make accurate predictions. Between Clairvoyance, Eye of the Mind, and his Noble Phantasms’s innate ability, Archer can boast of never missing a target barring some outside influence.

Noble Phantasms

Failnaught – The Unyielding Bow (Anti-Unit, A): Sir Tristan’s "bow", made of beautiful white wood. Made, as some legends report, from a harp and strung with one of its strings, music rings out when it fires. Despite him calling it a bow, it is actually a ring of blades that flies through the air like a boomerang, which always strikes what it aims at in a whirl of savage steel. By spinning in in his hands, Tristan can create vicious blades of air that are his "arrows", which, like the "bow", never miss; they also have the ability to drill through defences, however the higher ranked shield they face off, the longer they’ll take to pierce through, and they cannot penetrate defences that outrank Failnaught. Tristan can also launch ‘trap airblades’ that remain hidden in the air after firing until launching after a certain amount of time has passed, striking their targets from behind, though he considers this unchivalrous. Pointing out that it is actually a bladed boomerang will make him insist 'It's a traditional Lyonessian bow!".

Iseult – Not Even Death Will Part Us (Anti-Mind, C):
    A beautiful, crystal decanter, with entwined hazel branches and honeysuckle vines pattered on it, it contains the potion that Tristan accidentally drank, causing him to fall hopelessly and madly in love with Iseult, and her with him. Whosoever drinks the potion too will invariably develop a powerful infatuation with whomever shares the drink with them. It shouldn’t have to be said that this is a terrible and dangerous concoction, though a more unscrupulous Master might force Tristan into sharing it with them, to strengthen his Solder of Love skill.

Lore
    Archer is Tristan, one of the Knights of the Round Table, and prince of the lost land of Lyonesse, which sank beneath the waves of the English Channel after the Battle of Camlann. He is perhaps most famous for abandoning his knightly oaths for the sake of Iseult, the woman he loved; they could considered a shadowy counterpart to Lancelot and Guinevere. The foremost archer in King Arthur’s court, he supposedly possessed a bow that never missed his target. He was eventually killed due to the machinations of his uncle, King Mark of Cornwall, Iseult’s original betrothed.

A fierce and passionate young man who tries hard to act like a valiant knight in the same vein as his liege and his friends, but he could be said to lack proper self-control and acts in his own interests more often than not. Even after death, he longs for Iseult, and in his spare time enjoys writing (bad) odes to her that he’ll never show to anyone. He’ll also, if given the chance, talk about how beautiful and amazing and wonderful she is to anyone who’ll listen.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno if he's too OP or not. The Knights of the Round have got guys like Sir I'm-Invincible-for-Six-Hours-a-Day and Sir Anything-I-Touch-is-A-Weapon, so I think he's OK.

About the faceclaim, I thought those swords were a bow in the thumbnail, but I liked the picture so I decided to use it anyway.
    Last edited by asterism42; March 4th, 2016 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's stated in Apocrypha material that the shards of the round table were guaranteed to summon a knight if the round table - all of which were top tier A lister servants, it's an excuse to make OP characters. I like the second NP Iseult and the soldier of Lice skill which work well together. Personally I think you should increase Mana to C or maybe even B as I think Luck should be the only parameter of D rank.

Blog Entries
    >Not making Tristan use a bow as a boomerang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

soldier of Lice
    Huh, didn't know Tristan sworn to bugs in his hair

Blog Entries
    Gave Cleo her NP's.

I might change the second one, i'm still not entirely happy with it.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Soldier of Love (A+): [...]
    Lay down you arms and surrender to me...
    Looks good! I might just suggest lowering MGI to C (since you're not using the legends where Tristan also had druidic training and could shapeshift) and Clairvoyance to C (Tristan was a great archer and hunter, but I think X-Ray vision is a bit much). The only thing I didn't like was the Iseult Noble Phantasm. I'm not sure it should even exist as a Noble Phantasm, but if it did, I think it would be more appropriate for Isolde to have it, not Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Gave Cleo her NP's.

I might change the second one, i'm still not entirely happy with it.
    Aw, but it's the best one, in my opinion! And it fits her "play-style" perfectly!
    As for the first one, based on Gilgamesh's original Rank in Divinity, I think Divinity A+++ would be enough to reflect an actual Divine Spirit of such power as Isis.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh was the child of a god and a demigod, who then ascended to godhood after his death.

Isis was a full goddess.

I mean, I guess I could lower the rank, but I don't really see a point...?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    You're thinking of Herakles, I think, who had Rank A because he was the child of a powerful deity and then ascended to godhood. Gilgamesh started out at A+ because he's 2/3rds of a god, so I think A+++ should cover an actual Divine Spirit.
    I mean, there's not really much of a point to it, it's just a nitpick of mine. :-)

Blog Entries
    Yeah Gil was 2/3 god (child of a god and a demigod) and ascended to godhood (he became a judge of the dead if I remember correctly) after his death

Maybe that didn't happen in the Nasuverse, though.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

Couldn't decide on a class, so I took the easy way out.

Class: Caster

STR: D (A+)
    END: C
    AGI: C (A+)
    MGI: A
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Territory Creation (B): Creation of a Workshop becomes possible. A powerful shaman, Caster's
    ideal territory is a quiet and tranquil place where the boundaries between life and death are thinner.

Item Construction (A): Caster is skilled in making many Mystic Codes and magical substances
    to turn a fight to her advantage. Among these are a powder that turns fire to water, weapons
    and smithing tools that manifest out of thin air and eggs filled with poison strong enough to
    kill a hippopotamus.

Riding (A+): Can use Phantasmal and Divine Beasts as mounts.

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels spells two verses or shorter. Being a magus from the Age of the
    Gods gives Caster strong natural resistance and knowledge of protective rituals and charms.

Personal Skills

Double Summon (B): Caster also possesses the skills of a Rider due to
    her Noble Phantasm as well as her affinity for nature and animals.

Shamanism (A): Caster uses African magecraft from the Age of the Gods. By communing with spirits
    and deities, either benevolent or malevolent, she can perform healing and divination. She also has
    great skill as an herbalist and hunter, enhancing her senses and quieting her movements.

Mother of the Nation (B): A skill possessed by those who are the progenitors of an entire people.
    Caster is regarded as the ancestress of the Soroko people of Niger. Because of this, Caster has a
    high chance of recognizing the true names of Servants or Noble Phantasms that originate from Niger
    and West Africa to a lesser extent. Whether or not her attacks will be able to match and exceed
    attacks from these Servants is not dependent on her attack strength, but instead a contested LCK check.

Noble Phantasms

Hurler of Hippos~Flight Over the Horizon (C, Support)

A manifestation of Caster's greatest feat of strength: catching a charging hippo by the leg and threw
    it so far one had to march for ten years to reach its landing point. This is equivalent to circling
    the earth three times. While this is hyperbole, she still threw it a far enough distance and height
    to kill it. By using this ability, Caster's STR and AGI are treated as rank A+ for one round. Considered
    weak by the male warriors of her tribe, Caster proved her worth with this explosive display of strength.

Mother of All Hippopotami~Behemoth of the River (A+, Anti-Army)

A Phantasmal Beast from the Age of the Gods, the last of her kind after Caster killed every hippo
    in Niger. Even after millenia of inbreeding and diminishment of their mystery, hippopotami are still
    among the most dangerous beasts in the world. This specimen who became the new mother of her species
    is from the Age of the Gods and is summoned by Caster as a Rider's mount. It is the size and weight
    of a semi-truck, and although it does not have the magical repertoire of her herd's leader (whom Caster
    killed), she still shakes the ground with every step and unleash blasts of fire from her giant maw.
    She is bulky, immensely strong and has heavily armored skin, but also deceptively fast, able to run
    90 kph (55 mph) over short distances. After being spared by Caster, the hippo has served her loyally.
    She is also pregnant with twins, but it is unlikely that will become a factor in the War's short time span.

Background
    Nana Miriam is a folk hero of the Soroko people of Niger. Taught magic by her father, Fara-Maka, she
    became the greatest shaman in her village. At this time a crisis struck the village: a great Phantasmal
    Beast, a monstrous hippopotamus, came and devoured all the rice crop. It's hunger was insatiable, eating
    crops up and down the Niger river for miles, causing a famine. The Soroko warriors tried to hunt the beast
    with their spears, but its thick armor and shapeshifting abilities made it impossible to kill. It taunted and
    laughed as the men fled. Fara-Maka went to a friend from a neighboring tribe named Kara-Digi-Mao-Fosi-Fasi.
    Together, they led 120 hunting dogs against the hippo, but it merely swallowed them whole one by one.

As they returned to the village in defeat, Nana Miriam decided it was time for her to confront the monster
    herself, not being dissuaded by her father. She went forth with her spear and bag full of charms. Soon finding
    the hippo in a rice field, it attacked, raising a wall of fire with a shout. Miriam flung magic powder on the
    fire and transformed it into water. The hippo shouted again and conjured a wall of iron; Miriam conjured a
    massive hammer and broke the wall down. The hippo then fled, shapeshifting into a stream of water, hoping to
    escape and disappear into the river. With more magic powder, the water was dried up and turned back into a
    hippo. He then charged, but Miriam grabbed him by the leg, twirled it thrice around her head. Legend says that
    she threw it so far that it sailed around the earth three times before finally landing. In reality, she threw
    it across the river where it smashed into a cliff and was dashed on the rocks below. Miriam returned to her
    village a hero, and there was much singing, dancing and feasting.

The next day, Miriam took a magic egg and threw it into the river, killing all the hippos for miles around.
    The river flowed with dead bodies and the Soroko had meat in abundance. Later, Miriam came upon a single
    survivor and prepared another egg to kll it, but her father stopped her. He said it would be cruel to wipe
    out an entire species and that the Soroko would also starve from the lack of meat. The hippo cow that lived
    would go on to be the mother of all modern hippopotami, giving birth to twins that rebirthed their species.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; March 15th, 2016 at 09:44 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Oh god, hippos.

They are the most terrifying animals.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    hungry_hungry_hippos_21.jpg
    Hungry Hungry Hippos: Grail War Edition!
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

Blog Entries
    Changed Tristan's NP to fit in more with the GoA information.