Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 303538394041424550 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

most pleasant Suprise about 4x UHD Quality: it runs reasonably well.

trick: use your dGPU and not your iGPU for it. 8 Skylake Cores at 4.3Ghz + RTX 2060 can run it pretty well. something like Zen4, with 70% higher performance per core, should be able to run this at full speed.

ie: don't remove the 4x OPTION.
    Last edited by AHX2024; October 10th, 2022 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHX2024 View Post
    most pleasant Suprise about 4x UHD Quality: it runs reasonably well. trick: use your dGPU and not your iGPU for it. 8 Skylake Cores at 4.3Ghz + RTX 2060 can run it pretty well. something like Zen4, with 70% higher performance per core, should be able to run this at full speed. ie: don't remove the 4x OPTION.
    We won't remove it. We just don't recommend it, because it will crash in some scenes. It says [UNSTABLE] for a reason.

perhaps use lower res sprites in the places where it runs out of memory to make it more stable ? there should only be a few spots(rin summoning archer is one of them)

perhaps use lower res sprites in the places where it runs out of memory to make it more stable ? there should only be a few spots(rin summoning archer is one of them)
    4x unfortunately is not that much better than 2x, so the additional time spend on creating and validating such a half baked solution isn't quite worth it compared to just running 2.0x or 2.4x till we got a real fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    4x unfortunately is not that much better than 2x, so the additional time spend on creating and validating such a half baked solution isn't quite worth it compared to just running 2.0x or 2.4x till we got a real fix.
    on a 4k screen the difference is noticeable.

also, can we get an option for the FBates translation? at least for Fate/UBW (which should be out soon). HF is translated but editing for that hasn't started

also, can we get an option for the FBates translation? at least for Fate/UBW (which should be out soon). HF is translated but editing for that hasn't started
    The Fate re-translation beta was done with the 1.0 or earlier version of the RNU scripts and needs to be updated with the technical fixes and changes up to 1.1.2 which will take a non-trivial amount of work. Right now, FBates' focus is on finishing the translation itself, so no updating is to be expected till that's done.

Facing a problem when trying to run for the first time (New Installation)

This is the first time I'm trying to run a VN with patches, so noob here. When trying to run, a prompt says "Browse For Folder - Choose a save folder (faterealtanua_savedata) location". Selecting proper folder causes an error "Cannot open storage ./c/program files (x86)/fate∕stay night[realta nua] untimate edition/config.ksc". Selecting any folder from both C or D drive causes the same problem.
    The antivirus I'm using is Avast One. Is there any way I can run the VN without uninstalling the antivirus? Will uninstalling antivirus help though?

Quote Originally Posted by GodManStone View Post
    Facing a problem when trying to run for the first time (New Installation) This is the first time I'm trying to run a VN with patches, so noob here. When trying to run, a prompt says "Browse For Folder - Choose a save folder (faterealtanua_savedata) location". Selecting proper folder causes an error "Cannot open storage ./c/program files (x86)/fate∕stay night[realta nua] untimate edition/config.ksc". Selecting any folder from both C or D drive causes the same problem. The antivirus I'm using is Avast One. Is there any way I can run the VN without uninstalling the antivirus? Will uninstalling antivirus help though?
    Delete "config.ksc", then try again.

Delete "config.ksc", then try again.
    Thank you, working fine now. The error message suggested to turn off the antivirus so I thought it's related to that.

You know the quote "Perfect is the enemy of good"? It's also the enemy of done. I've worked on the presentation of scene bubbles in the flowchart and I hope this is the last change.
    I'd like to know which version is better, the one with the "quotes" or the one that splits scene names:
    Quotes: ****************************file/d/12ts...N7wz9bwdO/view
    Split: ****************************file/d/12x4...Fd9O74NW3/view

Quote Originally Posted by Poki#3 View Post
    You know the quote "Perfect is the enemy of good"? It's also the enemy of done. I've worked on the presentation of scene bubbles in the flowchart and I hope this is the last change. I'd like to know which version is better, the one with the "quotes" or the one that splits scene names
    Hmm interesting. It seems that while the split scene names are easier to read, it looses a good deal of the charming visual simplicity it had before, becoming too cluttered. I think it draws too much attention to the separation between the name parts, making it look like the boxes contain different types of information, while both are just different parts of the scene title. I'd definitely go with the rounded speech bubbles though, they are great.

Weirdly, I don't feel totally confident in the quoted style either. If you ask me, going with a simple colon looks better:

Of course, in cases where the scene title already uses a colon somewhere, we'd need to replace that to something else, but this would probably be better - I'd rather we use a punctuation that works for the purpose of the flowchart than slavishly stick to an official one that doesn't. The important part is that the titles are correct and easy to read.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 14th, 2022 at 03:41 PM.

Of course, in cases where the scene title already uses a colon somewhere, we'd need to replace that to something else, but this would probably be better - I'd rather we use a punctuation that works for the purpose of the flowchart than slavishly stick to an official one that doesn't. The important part is that the titles are correct and easy to read.
    Well, some titles have colons, some have quotes, some have dashes, some have comas... whichever I pick there will be a conflict somewhere cause the game (or at least the translation) itself has no consistency.
    I'm having a horrible case of choice paralysis here where I can't settle on a single solution, cause everyone I ask seems to have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki#3 View Post
    Well, some titles have colons, some have quotes, some have dashes, some have comas... whichever I pick there will be a conflict somewhere cause the game (or at least the translation) itself has no consistency.
    I'm having a horrible case of choice paralysis here where I can't settle on a single solution, cause everyone I ask seems to have a different opinion.
    Please use colon for the sole purpose of scene separator. Change all the other punctuation as you deem fit. You don't have to match the official one; simplify at your leisure where you think it helps or makes sense.

Movie playback with 1.1.2 on steamdeck has audio with blue screen. Framed or fullscreen. In game or from menu. 1.1.1 video still works on steamdeck. With 1.1.2 I tried low/high/automatic. All the same.

Other settings: windowed, window size: 1.0x/fixed size, quality high (x1.6), aspect ratio: standard

If this has already been answered I apologize but I haven't been able to find a thing about it.

I've been playing through the Fate route fine until Day 3, where Realta Nua crashes after the fight with Berserker where the screen fades to black. Yes, I had "Skip Movies" enabled because I did have the crash after the Prologue, but I got past that and now I'm having it happen despite disabling the movies.

The error I'm getting is Script Exception Raised - cannot open storage patch_op.ks
    And then I'm getting a pop up from my emulator that says thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon (I'm on macOS Montery)

I don't see a patch_op.ks in any of my folders, just a .xp3 so is the issue that I'm missing that? If so, where should it be located?

And another minor, unrelated issue that's easier to work around: Choice boxes only display boxes with question marks in them -- haven't found a solution anywhere yet. If anyone can answer either of these questions I'd be grateful, otherwise I'll just play each route individually instead of trying to get the Ultimate version to work.

Quote Originally Posted by vnrando View Post
    Movie playback with 1.1.2 on steamdeck has audio with blue screen. Framed or fullscreen. In game or from menu. 1.1.1 video still works on steamdeck. With 1.1.2 I tried low/high/automatic. All the same.

Other settings: windowed, window size: 1.0x/fixed size, quality high (x1.6), aspect ratio: standard
    Whoops, this is unintentional.
    This will be fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by laurensdior View Post
    If this has already been answered I apologize but I haven't been able to find a thing about it.

I've been playing through the Fate route fine until Day 3, where Realta Nua crashes after the fight with Berserker where the screen fades to black. Yes, I had "Skip Movies" enabled because I did have the crash after the Prologue, but I got past that and now I'm having it happen despite disabling the movies.

The error I'm getting is Script Exception Raised - cannot open storage patch_op.ks
    And then I'm getting a pop up from my emulator that says thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon (I'm on macOS Montery)

I don't see a patch_op.ks in any of my folders, just a .xp3 so is the issue that I'm missing that? If so, where should it be located?

And another minor, unrelated issue that's easier to work around: Choice boxes only display boxes with question marks in them -- haven't found a solution anywhere yet. If anyone can answer either of these questions I'd be grateful, otherwise I'll just play each route individually instead of trying to get the Ultimate version to work.

Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP, located at https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/9101-hoge ) then try running the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Whoops, this is unintentional.
    This will be fixed in the next version.

Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP, located at https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/9101-hoge ) then try running the game again.
    You know what, I was just coming back here to say that I redownloaded the patches and followed the update steps, and it's working perfectly now. Thank you lol

Hey I’m (the person who wants to add controller support) back, I’ve been busy with other projects and work and vacation and being sick. I’d been thinking about how to deal with upstream not really taking my changes, and even if SDL did, it would still be complicated. So I spent time today working on a slight fork that builds using vcpkg for all the dependencies, except for a sample library from Microsoft that feels alright to live in-tree. This also gets us these deps up to date. The only thing I haven’t done yet is statically linking everything, but it should be as simple as setting the vcpkg toolset (famous last words). But it builds and runs now, on latest VS, only a few minor source tweaks were needed.

Of course, I’m also happy to integrate the original method as well. I just though this might be more amenable, as while it’s still a fork, you already maintain a fork, and this reduces the burden on maintaining dependencies as well.

Would someone mind poking Quibi? I’m embarrassed to admit they contacted me via PM to discuss integration when I was last working on this, but I didn’t have email notifications set up and I just totally missed the notification light when I’d logged on. I’ve replied with further contact info, but want to ensure I don’t accidentally drop off the face of the earth for months. It was quite unintentional.

Wondering what everyone is using to view the flowchart. I'm using adobe acrobat reader and the experience is terrible; zooming, scrolling and panning causes severe lag and instability, and sometimes just crashes, making it unusable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FateRouteEnjoyer View Post
    Wondering what everyone is using to view the flowchart. I'm using adobe acrobat reader and the experience is terrible; zooming, scrolling and panning causes severe lag and instability, and sometimes just crashes, making it unusable to me.
    You mean the current "Flowchart.pdf" with a size of 17.9 MiB? I'm using SumatraPDF, and even though it takes a long time to open the file, after that it's working ok. I tended to use the old classic flowchart (226 KiB) though, if I could get away with it. It lacks a few bits of information but opens instantaneously.
    Also, Poki#3 is working on a awesome new flowchart. The merged one is not finished yet, but he also posted a link to his separate route charts which might get you by for now as well:
    ****************************drive/folde...dyqzkx9oIBWoGK
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 16th, 2022 at 05:01 PM.