Page 134 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3986

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I've been mostly ignoring Tsuki:re discussions so I'm not sure what people's opinion of Vlov is, but I honestly liked him more than Nrvnqsr. In fact I'd say the Vlov fight almost completely overshadowed the Roa fight, at least in Arcueid's route (dunno what happens in Ciel's really). It was really fucking hype and it made me wish we could see the OG Vlov. (NPC Vlov during story chapter in FGO 2???)
    Your only chance at Vlov in fuhgoh would be Ded Moroz as a christmas pseudo/event or something dumb probably, since he's referenced twice in MBTL in reference to Vlov (Boss rush memes and 10 winstreak with Vlov line)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dead Apostles and Heroic Spirits are antitheses of each other, so
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    You underestimate the power of money and gacha-garbage my good friend

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vlov is indeed really great.

I feel like its almost blasphemy to say it on a site named after the guy, but Nrvnqsr never had much depth. In fact, his personality aside from being evil seems to just be 'cliché anime villain who shouts BAKANA when he inevitably gets defeated'. He didn't exactly charm. Aside from his weird-ass powers, he doesn't have much going for him. Rather than the character himself, what's memorable about him are the situations he created (the hotel scene and the eventual confrontation).

In comparison, Vlov does just about everything Nrvnqsr doesn't:
    1. He's more of an actual vampire, so it makes more sense why Shiki would confuse him for the actual murderer.
    2. He has character, values and convictions that aren't just "I'm evil".
    3. He's approached differently in different routes.
    4. He actually respect's Shiki's abilities rather than just unceremoniously getting destroyed because he gets too cocky. (in fact, this feature is exceedingly rare among TM villains in general)
    5. He has scenes told from his perspective, which are both terrifying while also providing insight into our villain.

And for the things that Nrvnqsr did had going for him, Vlov just amplifies.
    The hotel scene is still there, and rather than shock you with weirdness, it's more ominous and horror-filled.
    The final confrontation has far more going on than the original Nrvnqsr one, leading up to a much more climatic conclusion.

All in all, it almost feels like Nasu couldn't have done a better job in replacing Nrvnqsr.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Best thing about Nero was always what he had going on for him conceptually than what his actual role in the VN was. Even if Vlov hadn't been a good replacement, just using Nero better, expanding upon him, and not having him be mid boss that gets wiped forever would already be a great choice. It's added bonus that he is this good.

Also Petri you forgot the best about about him, he's voiced by Tsuda Kenjiro.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    True, and Tsuda does deliver a pretty memorable performance. Vlov has this unusually drawling, slow and menacing way of speaking that fits with Tsuda's voice perfectly.

Nasu saying there's more in store for Vlov aside from remake part 1 and Melty Blood gets me excited just to hear more of him talking. The way he talks like a slow, barely hanging in there fucked up dude fits Tsuda too much.

Speaking of voices, I think everyone here does an amazing job. I was pleasantly surprised, specially by Shiki's. The dude does a surprisingly amazing job.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Tsuda can go all out on comedy too.

in other words, Carnival Phantasm remake when.

After Type Moon releases Red Garden in 2024/5 and starts working on Mahou Tsukai no Yoru 2. Carnival Phantasm RE will have subtle hints to events in Mahoyo 2. Trust me on this one.

マリーの味方
    I really like the Vlov hotel scene because the idea of an entire hotel's population being incinerated without anyone outside noticing is terrifying.

Also aesthetically he just looks cool.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Vlov is indeed really great.
    4. He actually respect's Shiki's abilities rather than just unceremoniously getting destroyed because he gets too cocky. (in fact, this feature is exceedingly rare among TM villains in general)
    This was definitely noteworthy. I like how it basically leads you into thinking it'll be the "oh Shiki will win due to his attack being unexpected" per usual until Vlov realizes oh fuck, I can actually die here and actually acts on it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    You underestimate the power of money and gacha-garbage my good friend
    Link to humanity severed so I would think/hope an actual DA would be incompatible. Though I guess I could see some meme pseudo for the money as shitty as it is. Like some random human version from the dark ages that didn't become a vampire as a vessel for the myth.

But yes I also love Vlov. He is fabulous and I definitely want to see more of his character in the remake. There is enough to imply we haven't see his full power and there seems like more to his backstory and character to explore. More about his past and the deception by Roa. His role in France and encountering Roa in remake would be awesome. I really liked the point that his encounter with Shiki awakened the knight within that froze over. It would be kino to maybe see Shiki and Vlov team up against Nero and Roa or something. There is even a line in Ciel's fight where Shiki thinks maybe they could have conversed or something before brushing it off as two beings who can only kill each other.
    I really like the Vlov hotel scene because the idea of an entire hotel's population being incinerated without anyone outside noticing is terrifying.

Also aesthetically he just looks cool.
    Spoiler:

This was definitely noteworthy. I like how it basically leads you into thinking it'll be the "oh Shiki will win due to his attack being unexpected" per usual until Vlov realizes oh fuck, I can actually die here and actually acts on it.
    The fact that he instantly notices this and decides to carpet bomb Shiki puts his battle intelligence way above every villain. It made for kino writing and an awesome encounter. It's a complete subversion to what you as the reader and Shiki both expect and plan around.

And yes the Arc bad end is one of the best scenes in TM. That thing couldn't have been better. The music, animation/graphics, The writing, the madness, the conflict between instinct and reason, love and the intertwining of violence and lust, the despair and Nanaya foreshadowing. Imouto Panther-chan. Give me more.

E: Vlov is just so good that it makes my expectations for Nero shoot through the roof tbh. Frankly, as cool as Nero is, he doesn't have the development so I'm hoping he actually gets worked over hardcore by Nasu for when he inevitably shows up.
    Last edited by Nanaya; July 22nd, 2022 at 02:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Is Arcueid Cute, the most contentious thread in the history of the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    Eh.

Obviously having played Mahoyo patch I expected the production values to be as great but man, reading this made me fall in love with VNs again while simultaneously regret how most VNs just don't compare to this effort.
    This is another thing. It's been a decade since TM put out something anywhere near of this quality. It really drives home how much you can do with proper format, production and how massively it enhances the experience of the story. They did a great job and had high attention to detail with their use of imagery. Which is fabulous with Shiki as the pov character because of how his sight works. Like Vlov's point of death being located in a slightly different position compared to his principle. Or lines appearing on Ciel's cathedral. You don't have to address everything in text. Like the one bad end that just has Mio drop dead infront of Shiki so fast most people probably missed it. Leading one to think, oh yeah, she's totally following him and maybe tried to attack Vlov before Shiki ran into him? Not addressed in the slightest but just adding that visual to the scene makes it that much better. It adds an extra element to the experience. Other things like Shiki not noticing he forgets his glasses long after the player does showing how wrong things are starting to get. I also really like the use of the EKG line effect and Book for Roa. Or that spider vampire in the garage. Just seeing that out the corner of my eye for the first time. I felt just how Shiki did a moment later. Adds to the atmosphere so much. Or simply how when Shiki first sees Arc's capabilities, to indicate the mental shift in Shiki you can see the edges of the screen tint red with veins/vessels. Similar but a bit different to some of the scenes where he has blowback from overusing his sight. And I really liked how they utilized the Ice Shards to show the reflection of the smile in the Vlov fight. It was damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    It would be kino to maybe see Shiki and Vlov team up against Nero and Roa or something.
    Satsuki route, Vlov thinks Satsuki is cute and should be his next wife, so he teams up with you. It's actually a vampire romcom.

They clear Nero and Roa in the first half, second half is pure slice of life, and the final scene is them respectfully knocking each other out and admiring each other's superb taste in vampire women. Having been no victor, they then leave Satsuki behind and go on a training arc so that next time they can settle things.

Speaking of Satsuki I wonder if instead of Vlov and Roa we fight Mario and his dogs and have Ciel as the final boss for her route. I'd imagine Satsuki growing quickly to DAA rank would make Ciel want to take her down even if she has to fight Shiki too. (Also the only chance of us getting to see more Ciel weapons and have a final fight we her)

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    And I really liked how they utilized the Ice Shards to show the reflection of the smile in the Vlov fight. It was damn good.
    oh yeah, that was fucking cool

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Speaking of Satsuki I wonder if instead of Vlov and Roa we fight Mario and his dogs and have Ciel as the final boss for her route. I'd imagine Satsuki growing quickly to DAA rank would make Ciel want to take her down even if she has to fight Shiki too. (Also the only chance of us getting to see more Ciel weapons and have a final fight we her)
    Probably not as the final boss. With the 2 decades of anticipation, Satsuki's route feels like it's going to be the final route that the whole remake is building up to, so the final boss has to be Arach, the big bridge connecting Tsukihime's vampire side and family side.

Also something about Satsuki and Arach having the same hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I could see this. I don't expect Satsuki route to be the finale. I think they'll roll back to Roa and True Arc stuff in an additional expansion/chapter. That's where we see chaos and more DAA.