Page 545 of 858 FirstFirst ... 45445495535540543544545546547550555595645 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Lancer:

Appearance:

True Name: Asteropaeus

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- C (B)
    Agility- B+ (A+)
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- D
    NP- C

Personality
    A hot-headed and impulsive young woman, eager to charge headfirst into battle and glory. Due to her lack of fame relative to heroes like Achilles and Hector, Lancer has somewhat of an inferiority complex which she compensates for by often boasting of her heroic achievements. As the granddaughter of a river god, she feels a strong affinity to water and enjoys bathing nude in rivers. Anyone who'd pollute water (accidentally or on purpose) is sure to earn Lancer's unforgiving hatred.

If summoned alongside Achilles, Lancer would instantly proclaim him her eternal rival and neglect the rest of the Grail War just to fight him. However, behind that aggression there is a softer side to Lancer's feelings towards the hero who bested her. She craves his approval, wishing only for Achilles to acknowledge her as a worthy opponent. In a sense, their relationship is akin to that of a lovestruck girl chasing after her "sempai".

Lancer's wish on the Holy Grail is to be acknowledged as a hero equal to her sworn rival.

Likes: glory, being able to prove herself, clear rivers fit for bathing
    Dislikes: obscurity, being overshadowed, polluted rivers
    Talent: drawing first blood
    Natural Enemy: Achilles

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C

Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are cancelled. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Divinity- C
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Lancer is a granddaughter of the minor river god Axios, affording her a decent level of divinity.

Projectiles (Spears)- B

Measures one's proficiency with thrown weapons; in Lancer's case, spears. At this rank, thrown spears impart a force akin to bullets.

Protection Of The Waterside- C

Due to a boon from the river gods Axios and Scamander, Lancer's Strength and Agility parameters are ranked up while fighting near a river. In her legend, while facing Achilles at the bank of the river Scamander, Lancer was empowered to the point where she managed to fight evenly with the Greek champion and even draw blood from him.

Noble Phantasm
    Xanthos Geminus
    Spears Of The Twin Springs

Type: Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the anecdote where the river god Scamander (also known as Xanthos) empowered Lancer to challenge Achilles and later fought the Greek hero himself- nearly drowning him if not for the aid of Haphaestus. Incidentally, the river Scamander was said to possess two springs, one producing warm water and the other yielding cold water, regardless of season. Those springs have been identified with Lancer's twin spears, imbuing them with elemental attributes of heat and cold.

The blade of the left spear,
    Xanthos Phlegethon
    Spear Of The Burning Spring
    burns red-hot, cleaving through armor like a heated knife through butter. Conversely, the blade of the right spear,
    Xanthos Cocytus
    Spear Of The Freezing Spring
    radiates an unnatural cold, chilling the air in its wake and making ice crystals erupt from the enemy's wounds upon a successful strike. Due to her ambidexterity Lancer can also swap the spears from one hand to the other between attacks, confusing her opponent as to which spear imparts which effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back with another Servant sheet, you guys! I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately (some stresses going on in my life) but after reading this guy's Wikipedia page I was struck with inspiration and wrote the whole thing up over the afternoon. As always, comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 10th, 2018 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Reworded NP slightly

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Okay i think my Saladin will be in contrast to this version obviously more conservativ ...
    Somehow, I doubt that

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    I have never heard that Saladin has a specific crest...
    Eagle of Saladin. It's a big nationalistic symbol in that part of the world

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for overshadowing my sheet, Royd.

It's okay actually, your Lancer is very good. Although you've given her a boost with her third skill, I see too many Cs in the parameters for someone who hurt mf Achilles. Other than that, I have nothing to say

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Thank you for overshadowing my sheet, Royd.

It's okay actually, your Lancer is very good. Although you've given her a boost with her third skill, I see too many Cs in the parameters for someone who hurt mf Achilles. Other than that, I have nothing to say
    Thanks man. I wasn't sure about her parameters since on the one hand, just going toe to toe with Achilles could justify pretty high stats, but on the other hand her legend is hella' obscure and that one feat (grazing Achilles on the elbow) is basically the only one from her legend. So in the end I compromised and gave her mostly Cs, with higher Agility to represent her dexterity.

Blog Entries
    If I wanted to wank Asteropaeus a bit more, would it reasonable to give her something like Kojiro's Knowledge Of Respect And Harmony as a Skill to represent her unpredictable fighting style (dual-wielding spears is pretty unusual) that allowed her to get the drop on Achilles despite her mediocre stats?

Blog Entries
    This might be me misremembering the Illiad but I feel like dual wielding spears was a pretty common thing back then. Either way, I don't think it really suits her...

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    It would be weird applying a Skill made for Buddhist to western people such as Asteropeaus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    This might be me misremembering the Illiad but I feel like dual wielding spears was a pretty common thing back then. Either way, I don't think it really suits her...
    Was it really that common? Ambidexterity was itself a fairly distinctive trait, and dual-wielding spears seems kind of impractical unless you were very skilled.

Can you think of any other heroes from the Illiad who used that fighting style?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It would be weird applying a Skill made for Buddhist to western people such as Asteropeaus.
    That's fair. 3 Skills is probably enough for a hero as obscure as she is anyways.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Was it really that common? Ambidexterity was itself a fairly distinctive trait, and dual-wielding spears seems kind of impractical unless you were very skilled.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fair. 3 Skills is probably enough for a hero as obscure as she is anyways.
    I start to think that i should buy me a greek/roman legend book and learn more about them to evaluate them right because my speciality are more pharaohs and ancient ones but i will definitely later make a Herodot profile because i have already a good constelation.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries

According to Samuel E. Basset's article, On the Use of Two Spears in Homeric Warfare, it would seem that bringing two spears into battle was normal and fairly common, but actually using them both at the same time was not.

There are eight warriors in the Illiad who are noted to have brought two spears into battle but there are only two occasions where two spears are used in combat at once. These are Asteropaeus vs. Achilles where he hurls both at once, and Patroclus vs. Sarpedon where Patroclus hurls one after the other and it is noted that both of them used two spears. It should also be noted that Patroclus preferred using two spears in contrast to Achilles using only one.

It is likely then that for most warriors the second spear is spare, in case the first spear is lost in battle. Thus, more renowned heroes such as Achilles, Ajax, and Diomedes, as well as the gods Ares and Athena, need only one spear since they are skilled enough to always recover their weapon.

There is one more time though where two spears are used at once in Homer and it is in the Odyssey when Odysseus slaughters the suitors, equipping both him and Telemachus with two spears each.

So, to summarize, it would seem that having two spears is normal for Homeric warfare but using them both at once was not since the second spear is considered a spare. In a formal one-on-one duel, a single spear is the rule.

So, while Asteropaeus is unique for being ambidexterous, his use of two spears probably isn't too surprising and unpredictable.

(Someone more well-versed than me will probably correct me for being wrong)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    According to Samuel E. Basset's article, On the Use of Two Spears in Homeric Warfare, it would seem that bringing two spears into battle was normal and fairly common, but actually using them both at the same time was not.

There are eight warriors in the Illiad who are noted to have brought two spears into battle but there are only two occasions where two spears are used in combat at once. These are Asteropaeus vs. Achilles where he hurls both at once, and Patroclus vs. Sarpedon where Patroclus hurls one after the other and it is noted that both of them used two spears. It should also be noted that Patroclus preferred using two spears in contrast to Achilles using only one.

It is likely then that for most warriors the second spear is spare, in case the first spear is lost in battle. Thus, more renowned heroes such as Achilles, Ajax, and Diomedes, as well as the gods Ares and Athena, need only one spear since they are skilled enough to always recover their weapon.

There is one more time though where two spears are used at once in Homer and it is in the Odyssey when Odysseus slaughters the suitors, equipping both him and Telemachus with two spears each.

So, to summarize, it would seem that having two spears is normal for Homeric warfare but using them both at once was not since the second spear is considered a spare. In a formal one-on-one duel, a single spear is the rule.

So, while Asteropaeus is unique for being ambidexterous, his use of two spears probably isn't too surprising and unpredictable.

(Someone more well-versed than me will probably correct me for being wrong)
    That makes sense, and more or less fits what I thought. Thanks for the info zikari8!

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    i thought id give a try at a purely for fun sheet.

"take this love and hatred, fools!"

class: gunner
    alternate classes: archer
    dislikes: her new form, spicy food.
    alignment: lawful good.

parameters: (stats have been affected due to the odd occurence of her summoning)
    strength: C
    agility: B
    endurance: B
    mana: C
    luck: D

backstory: the current cupid is the affect of bad summoning, her master Ritzu aiorgiori, summoned her with a copy of a popular fps(gods requiem) in which cupid was one of the main avatars of the game, while normally such a thing would not have such a profound affect on her summoning her master origin of gaming also affected her summoning, combined with a premature summoning the affect was that cupids identity as a servant was directly affected by the avatar of cupid in the game.
    causing them to become one in the same, thus her body and NP reflect that of the the video game avatar "CUPID" her memories are also affected as her past is now that of both herself as actually entity, and that of the video game avatar. as the video game avatars backstory is that of a fallen god, banished by zuez due to her killing both Achilles and ares, and thus helps the main character of the game kill zuez. but the real entity was that of a god that even the Olympians feared, and took jobs for her mother Aphrodite, one such job involved a girl named psyche, who she was supposed to make fall in love with a certain man. but instead she fell in love with her, and too her to her home(the avatar psyche is just part avatar cupids harem.) which would lead to her downfall.

personality: her actually eprosnlity doesnt change that much, with her arrogance and believing the whole world should love her, rather then call her beast. thou she her actual intelligence is far greater then it was in life, due to the avatar being a stereo typical super smart loli, and she hates her new emotionless expression, and has developed a complex about her new find size, only willing the state that " the only good thing about this body is how adorable it is, but i am supposed to be smexy not adorable!, why'd this happen to me!!!".

skills:

atou aim: a skill gained from avatar cupid, allowing cupid to imediantly lock on targets with computer like precision, and never leave her eyes off her target.

lovely punch: another skill gained from her avatar self that increases her strength by one rank for a single punch. can only be used once per every 65 seconds.

presence concealment:
    it would be higher if she were an assassin, gained from the fact that she is often represented as invisible, and can thus hide her presence.

affections of the goddes
    due to her mother being aphrodite she gains this skill in low rnak, due to her mother not actually loveing her, and instead only using her. As such she only gains a plus modifier to her mana and luck, when this skill is active.

goddess divine core
    Being a perfected Godess at birth she gets the full benefits if this skill.

Beast feared by the gods
    A skill donating being a goddess feared by the Major gods of the religion she is a part of, when faced against mayor gods her states increase by a plus modifier, and she can also take the strength of a beats at the cost of sanity thou only for 5 seconds, this skill would not normally be a ,e to raise her stats enough to physical win her throu battles, but due to her parameters being increased due to her being affected by the avatar Cupid, the beast form is far more useful to her then it would otherwise be.

NPs:
    lovely hateful min gun of love
    the gun used by the avatar Cupid in gods reguim, wich has replaced cupids bow and caused her class to be that of gunner, it possess the same ability to cause openers to either love or hate whatever they first set their eyes on, thou the huge direness is that the attacks completely ignor Magic resistance and mental resistance of any kind or rank, thou at the cost of being unable to do any damage, hate is signified by red bullets, and love is signified by pink bulletes, as such while she ad onto it less powerful then her bow, its attack speed and usefulness is far greater, she can replace the love and hate bullets with "normal" bullets in order to deal damage, if an oppenent is hit with the love or hate bullets more then once their love or hate for they have sights on will increase with each successfull hit, thou the first will only create minor love or hate for said object or person, after about 20 the emotion becomes true. The bullets number is based on her mana as the bullets are in end mana, the fleece being something the gun does, with normal bullets being her mana enhanced and then shot out at near lights speed, she tends to have about 100 round and requires about 60 to to replenish her mana, or bluntintly reload.

Mysteriose figure of the day whose loves shine bright despite no form.
    a passive active NP that is only active during the day, representing the myth of her and psyche, in which she hid her idea entity and form to psyche during the day, thou she can choose to allow certain peaple to see her during the day such as her master, she also gain a rank B in presence conclement. The NP however is not active during the night. She also can't attack other servants while this NP is active, if she attacks someone the NP is deactivated tell the next morning.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What the...

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Was there actually a Greek hero that used simultan a spear and sword in the other hand ? Or a greek twin-sword user ?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can always look for a guy with two famous weapons and make him use them at the same time. I think there's a sheet of El Cid in which he dual-wields Tizona and Colada.

That said, using a spear and a sword together is very likely to cause trouble with the Servant's class
    Last edited by King of Padoru; May 4th, 2018 at 06:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    You can always look for a guy with two famous weapons and make him use them at the same time. I think there's a sheet of El Cid in which he dual-wields Tizona and Colada.

That said, using a spear and a sword together is very likely to cause trouble with the Servant's class
    Sadly it doesnt exist a Warrior or a duo Lancer-Saber Servant,what do you think is the best Swordman / Lancer/spearman under the greek heros i would say Herakles(who i hope to see as Saber or Lancer in the anime) at all please give your gueses which Nobelphantasm would he able to use in the other classes besides Nemean cloth and Nine Lives ?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hektor seems to be the only Greek Saber-Lancer, and that's only for Durindana's nature.

Read Strange Fake to see Herc's NPs
    Last edited by King of Padoru; May 4th, 2018 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hektor seems to be the only Greek Saber-Lancer, and that's only for Durindana's nature.

Read Strange Fake to see Herc's NPs
    I have read kings order ,but i am thinking which spear or sword would be for Herakless suitable as Lancer i think he could get one from his Father Zeus ?

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber Herakles, but it's just Saber cosplaying as Alcides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That sounds cute af