Page 741 of 858 FirstFirst ... 241641691731736739740741742743746751791841 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,820 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Somebody finally did it, you absolute mad lad... I love it. <3 <3 <3
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Don't worry, lost child. I'll definitely save you. No matter what."

Advent Beast- An Evil Of Man Approaches

Beast V:

Appearance
    :

By Midori Foo on Zerochan

True Name: Judas Iscariot "The Greatest Apostle"

Evil: Rejection (the sin of humans hating and rejecting the physical world in favor of an imaginary paradise)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Berserker, Assassin, Avenger, Ruler, Saver

Armament: N/A. Beast carries no weapons. His is a war of salvation, not bloodshed, though he will fight if necessary.

Strength- D
    Agility- A++
    Endurance- E
    Mana- EX
    Luck- A++
    NP- EX

Personality
    Serene and compassionate, with an intellectual disposition. He never raises his voice or shows anger, even when mocked or assaulted. He sincerely loves all
    humanity, regarding them as his beloved children and wishing only to free them from bondage to the material world (vale of tears). Because he regards evil as born from
    ignorance rather than deliberate malice, Beast can brush off slights against him with an "it can't be helped" sort of attitude.

Having achieved perfect equanimity through realizing the true spiritual nature of the world and becoming an avatar of the wisdom goddess Sophia, emotions like hatred and
    resentment are basically nonexistent in his heart. Beast is also eloquent and philosophical, able to hold his own in argument and theologic debate. Though as such
    debate is founded on the premise "I myself hold the absolute truth", it is impossible to reach a truly mutual exchange of ideas with him. Nevertheless, Beast is always
    patient and willing to hear out differing viewpoints, patiently lecturing his interlocutor on why his own way of thinking is correct.

All in all, a perfect sage without even a speck of unsightliness.

However---

For the sake of his ideals, Beast is willing to dye his hands in any kind of atrocity. He'd sacrifice his best friend, murdering them with absolutely no hesitation. He'd
    massacre anyone who stands in his way, all the while earnestly praying their souls can find solace in a world beyond this one. Beast holds absolutely no scruples in
    forcing his ideals on all humanity, deeming any disagreement as a temper tantrum thrown by children too ignorant to know what's best for them.

The material world is fleeting and illusory, so any bloodshed he commits in it is fleeting and illusory as well. Compared to the higher world of wisdom he intends to
    bring humanity to, any loss of life is so insignificant it doesn't even merit being called a sacrifice. Such is Beast's merciless intellectualism.

Truly a monster of salvation who speaks words of love without even once understanding the human heart.

Naturally, Beast's wish is to forcefully grant Gnosis to all humanity, creating a perfect world where ignorence and conflict do not exist.

Attitude to his Master
    To Beast, his Master is just one of the seven billion humans on earth he seeks to grant salvation to. In a sage's heart, there is no room for partiality.

Dislikes: ignorance, the material world
    Talent: enlightenment
    Natural Enemy: Demiurge

Class Skills:

Authority Of The Beast- B+

An anti-humanity Skill that increases damage from the user's attacks against existences conceptualized as human. Gnosticism is a heretical sect of Christianity that
    believes mainstream Christianity fell from the true spiritual teachings of Jesus and became slaves to the Demiurge.

Thus, in Beast's case, the damage bonus from this Skill is strongest against fellow Christians from non-Gnostic sects.

Independent Manifestation- A
    An ability which utterly crushes the conventions of the Grail War ritual, allowing Beast to summon and sustain himself in existence regardless of a contract or supply of
    Mana. Being that the skillholder is signified as a confirmed existence, the bearer gains a resistance towards instant-death attacks and attacks affected by time
    manipulation. Beast is an avatar of Wisdom, a primeval force that pervaded the universe since its conception.

Personal Skills:

Greatest Amongst The Apostles- EX
    A Skill representing the Gnostic theory that Beast was actually the greatest of the Apostles, secretly acting on Jesus' own will when he betrayed him. Grants Beast
    access to powerful holy Magecraft as well as the ability to see the "truth" of any situation he finds himself in, equating to a high rank in the Clairvoyance and
    Discernment Of The Poor Personal Skills. Having embraced his role as "the greatest Apostle", Beast receives the full benefits of this Skill.

Some of the holy Magecraft Beast favors is summoning meteor storms, forming spears of light as weapons/projectiles and inflicting curses of divine wrath on his foes. He
    also knows Jacob's Limbs, the style of martial arts derived from Jacob's feat of wrestling an angel. While his level of proficiency towards the art is only average compared
    to true masters, it's still enough to let Beast hold his own when forced into hand-to-hand combat.

Divinity- C
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Beast was only a mortal man in life, albeit gifted with great knowledge. Upon becoming an emissary of the wisdom goddess
    Sophia, he has been imbued with a small portion of her divinity.

Nega-Materia- EX

Gnostics believe the material world is sinful and illusory, only a pale shadow of the light cast by the higher spiritual world. The purpose of Gnosticism is to, through
    rigorous prayer and reasoning, cast off the shackles of the material world and embrace the "true" spiritual world where God dwells.

As he is the "father" of Gnosticism and the current chosen avatar of the wisdom goddess Sophia, this belief manifests a tremendous power for Beast. Unconditionally
    invalidates all attacks on Beast originating from "the sinful material world". It's not defense through possessing a resolute body, but simply the declaration that as an
    emanation of Sophia herself, meager physical attacks are unable to harm him. The only ways to bypass this protection and damage Beast is to be touched by something
    "outside the world"; like Shiki Ryougi's connection to the Root, Arturia's world-anchor spear and Foreigners who covenanted with otherworldly gods.

Mana Burst (Light)- EX

Beast can channel the light emanated by the wisdom goddess Sophia and imbue it into his body.

Having emanated directly from the Supreme Light herself, the output of this Skill is incomparable to that of a normal Servant. A single blast of light released from
    Beast's palm in a chopping motion could vaporize an entire mountain-side. By instead channelling the light through his legs, Beast can move at incomprehensible speed
    rivalling that of light itself, making his attacks impossible to react to by all but the most agile Servants.

Noble Phantasms
    Gnosos Theologikos
    Doctrine Of True Knowledge

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Spirit

Beast's status as the arbitrator of Gnosis sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Gnostic theology denies the bodily resurrection of the dead. Instead, it preaches that the
    souls of those who obtained true knowledge are freed from their physical bodies after death and rejoin God, who is a luminous cloud of light existing outside the
    physical plane. As one of the first humans who reached Gnosis (alongside Jesus himself), Beast is able to bestow it upon others.

By placing his right palm against the target's forehead and reciting a brief prayer, Beast can force their body and soul to undergo a sublimation process. First a crown
    of silver laurel leaves materializes atop the target's head. Then, their whole body is engulfed in pure white light. After a few seconds the target dissolves into
    whisps of light, ascending skyward to rejoin their creator. In Beast's mind this is not an attack but a blessing, freeing the target from the pain and sorrow of the
    material world. As it is not technically an attack, the notion of defending against it is meaningless. Once Beast initiates the sublimation process, it is impossible to
    defend against or evade by any means. Not an immortal body that pushes aside any kind of injury, nor a conceptual defense that makes attacks so that they "never happened".

However, to successfully use this Noble Phantasm, a "Gnosis check" is performed. Success depends on how far one successfully detached oneself from the material world
    during life and sought true knowledge. If the target spent their whole life in pursuit of higher knowledge, a successful roll is virtually assured. Conversely, if the
    target cared nothing for the reality beyond their physical senses and simply indulged in every desire they had while alive, failure is equally certain.

Only if the target passes the Gnosis check can Beast complete the sublimation process. Otherwise, it will fail and the target will be able to escape.

Servants who reach Gnosis are purged from the Throne of Heroes, becoming impossible to summon in any future Grail War.

Sophia Pleroma
    The Mother Of Wisdom Embraces All

Type: Anti-Humanity/Anti-Existence

The maximal output of Beast's first Noble Phantasm, obtained when he first taps into a massive source of magical power such as a Holy Grail. Upon invocation a massive
    cloud of hazy golden light forms in the air above Beast. Over time the light shrinks down and coalesces into the figure of a giant angelic woman with feathery wings and
    an ornate crown atop her head. This is an avatar of Sophia herself and an embodiment of the ultimate goal of all Gnostics; reunification with the spirit of wisdom.

The woman's hands, initially clasped placidly over her chest, spread wide as if to embrace everything. Any human who gazes directly at the light will immediately and
    forcefully undergo Gnosis, having their physical body dissolved into a single wisp of light that's absorbed into the goddess. Now the conditions for the "Gnosis check"
    are broadened to merely "possessing an intelligent mind". Anyone and anything that possesses a conscious mind capable of reasoning and grasping the divine can be
    ensnared. The only means of defense are to be burdened by a Skill like Mad Enhancement that blocks out rational thought, to have immeasurable (EX-ranked) mental
    resistance Skills or Noble Phantasms, or else to simply avoid looking at the light in the first place (like by closing one's eyes).

If mankind is an animal that exists to engage in reasoned discourse like Aristotle said, then this is truly the ultimate Anti-Humanity Noble Phantasm.

The goddess has no direct offensive capabilities, relying entirely on Beast to defend her should the opponent somehow escape being assimilated. However she does have
    the same Nega-Materia Skill as Beast himself, making it impossible for most attacks to damage her. Even if Beast himself dies Sophia will still remain in the World. In
    effect, once this Noble Phantasm is invoked it can be considered that Sophia herself is the true Beast V and Judas is merely her "priest".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I got the inspiration to write up a Judas sheet yesterday. At first I thought of making a more conventional "edgy guilt-ridden antihero" take on him, but when I came across the Gnostic canon on him I thought it'd be really interesting to base a sheet off of that. Most of the Judas sheets I've seen has given him pretty similar Skills and NPs, so I wanted to try something more out-there.

Frankly I think this is one of my favorite sheets I've done in a while. The concept really seemed to come together. I'm also experimenting with a slightly different formatting style this time. I think it looks better, but I'm open to hearing what y'all think. As always, comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 5th, 2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Fleshed out first Personal Skill

Blog Entries
    So I just added a second paragraph to Judas' Greatest Amongst The Apostles Skill, outlining what kind of holy Magecraft and techniques it gives him. Any thoughts on the sheet?

Blog Entries
    it would be nice to have a lore section to flesh thing out or at least provide a background, but overall i enjoyed the sheet.
    one nitpick though, although i really like all these hypothetical beast sheets, isn't Beasts, by nature, is supposed to be "the real deal"? that is, they don't manifest because they're summoned, but is the actual being, the living existence, which is why they have Independent Manifestation. i think that's what people commonly misunderstood about the Beast concept.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    it would be nice to have a lore section to flesh thing out or at least provide a background, but overall i enjoyed the sheet.
    one nitpick though, although i really like all these hypothetical beast sheets, isn't Beasts, by nature, is supposed to be "the real deal"? that is, they don't manifest because they're summoned, but is the actual being, the living existence, which is why they have Independent Manifestation. i think that's what people commonly misunderstood about the Beast concept.
    Not sure if that's a hard-and-fast rule. Kiara is a Beast, after all, and does qualify for multiple Classes that emphasize different aspects of herself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Not sure if that's a hard-and-fast rule. Kiara is a Beast, after all, and does qualify for multiple Classes that emphasize different aspects of herself.
    Gilgamesh explained it in Babylonia and Solomon chapter. The Beasts are the being themselves in flesh. Tiamat is the Primordial Goddess awakened from the Imaginary Number Space she was banished to. Goetia is the amalgamation of Solomon's 72 Ars Goetia Demons tasked to look after humanity, or something.

Kiara as a Beast in CCC Chapter of FGO is also the real Kiara manifesting the abilities of a Beast thanks to Zepar. Her being able to be summoned into different class only served as an excuse to put her in the gatcha. or at least because of the events in the chapter and og CCC.
    Last edited by 34; January 29th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh explained it in Babylonia and Solomon chapter. The Beasts are the being themselves in flesh. Tiamat is the Primordial Goddess awakened from the Imaginary Number Space she was banished to. Goetia is the amalgamation of Solomon's 72 Ars Goetia Demons tasked to look after humanity, or something.

Kiara as a Beast in CCC Chapter of FGO is also the real Kiara manifesting the abilities of a Beast thanks to Zepar. Her being able to be summoned into different class only served as an excuse to put her in the gatcha. or at least because of the events in the chapter and og CCC.
    That holds true of the Beasts we've seen in canon so far, but I don't know if it's a universal rule. Especially since we still have Alter-Ego Kiara as an exception, even if you can paper it away as "gatcha reasons". And having Beasts unable to qualify for any other Classes just seems like needlessly restricting creativity to me, so I feel fairly free to ignore it.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Blog Entries
    That holds true of the Beasts we've seen in canon so far, but I don't know if it's a universal rule. Especially since we still have Alter-Ego Kiara as an exception, even if you can paper it away as "gatcha reasons". And having Beasts unable to qualify for any other Classes just seems like needlessly restricting creativity to me, so I feel fairly free to ignore it.

Thanks for the feedback though.
    No. That holds true because Gilgamesh's infodump basically confirms that. Alter-Ego Kiara is not an exception because she is not the Beast Kiara, like Fou is not Cath Palug. Another obvious example; Beast 666 Nero can be Saber Nero or Golden Fox Beast Tamamo can be Caster Tamamo, so Beasts can in fact qualify as other Classes.

Srry if I sounds rude, just want to clarify.

Blog Entries
    No. That holds true because Gilgamesh's infodump basically confirms that. Alter-Ego Kiara is not an exception because she is not the Beast Kiara, like Fou is not Cath Palug. Another obvious example; Beast 666 Nero can be Saber Nero or Golden Fox Beast Tamamo can be Caster Tamamo, so Beasts can in fact qualify as other Classes.

Srry if I sounds rude, just want to clarify.
    Sorry for misunderstanding, but I thought the part you were objecting to was Beasts qualifying for non-Beast Classes?

Otherwise I don't see how anything you said contradicts my own sheet, so (while interesting) I'm not entirely sure why you brought it up in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for misunderstanding, but I thought the part you were objecting to was Beasts qualifying for non-Beast Classes?

Otherwise I don't see how anything you said contradicts my own sheet, so (while interesting) I'm not entirely sure why you brought it up in the first place.
    Um, what I object is actually the misconception that Beasts are being that is summoned like regular Heroic Spirit, as Beast Class, as opposed to the actual being which exist as Beasts by default.

Blog Entries
    Um, what I object is actually the misconception that Beasts are being that is summoned like regular Heroic Spirit, as Beast Class, as opposed to the actual being which exist as Beasts by default.
    I never thought that Beasts could be summoned like normal Servants, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I only included a relationship to the Master section because Tiamat's profile has the same thing, even though there's pretty much no way she can be summoned as a Servant.

Blog Entries
    I never thought that Beasts could be summoned like normal Servants, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I only included a relationship to the Master section because Tiamat's profile has the same thing, even though there's pretty much no way she can be summoned as a Servant.
    then i guess i just misunderstood the sheet. sorry.
    but if that's the case, is there a specific scenario you have in mind in which this version Judas, having abilities derived from legends and beliefs developed after his death, would manifest as Beast?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Well, that first NP's description just has me imagining Beast attempting to use it on Gilgamesh, utterly failing, and then Gil just laughs at him for trying, after which he uses his stronger NP, which eliminates GIl immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Well, that first NP's description just has me imagining Beast attempting to use it on Gilgamesh, utterly failing, and then Gil just laughs at him for trying, after which he uses his stronger NP, which eliminates GIl immediately.
    Funny, but that scenario probably wouldn't happen. Once Judas unlocks his second NP he won't bother even using the first one, since it's better in basically every way. Gilgamesh would definitely be able to laugh off Gnosos Theologikos though, and since a sword that divided heaven and earth in the creation of the world sounds pretty "outside the world" to me, I'd reckon Ea would be able to kill Judas as well.

@Shiki-pon. Glad to see a Tokiomi Pseudo-Servant written, and Hades is a good match. I do have a few quibbles, mainly that in the description and lore, there isn't enough mention as to how Hades ended up in Tokiomi's body, more of why they're compatible, and what influences his host may/may not have. In addition, I feel he should have some sort of Authority that makes him strong against spirits and other shades, and maybe a very weak NP or skill that allows him to kill select things. Finally, I think an NP involving throwing someone into Tartaros/the Fields of Punishment should have been included.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Shiki-pon. Glad to see a Tokiomi Pseudo-Servant written, and Hades is a good match. I do have a few quibbles, mainly that in the description and lore, there isn't enough mention as to how Hades ended up in Tokiomi's body, more of why they're compatible, and what influences his host may/may not have. In addition, I feel he should have some sort of Authority that makes him strong against spirits and other shades, and maybe a very weak NP or skill that allows him to kill select things. Finally, I think an NP involving throwing someone into Tartaros/the Fields of Punishment should have been included.
    I'm not really sure that other Pseudo-Servants (besides Zhuge Liang, who could probably manifest on his own but doesn't) have particular reasons for ending up in their respective vessels, other than a fitting nature, so I didn't feel that there's anything there to say. Tokiomi is an elegant, stoic, rich man of power who has a loving wife - which might as well be the closest thing to a mortal Hades in the modern world. I also don't think that Tokiomi as a host exerts any overt influence. Small parts of his personality slip through, but that's about it.
    The Authority thing is a good point, and he probably should exert a natural power over everything that qualifies as a 'spirit' (which would obviously include Heroic Spirits as well). I'll just have to think of a fitting name.

On the NP front, Hades never actually killed people (though he was about to nuke Asclepius' hometown once), as all the death stuff was the work of Thanatos. As for Tartaros and/or the Fields of Punishment, I considered that until I did some research and noticed that Hades actually had little do with that whole mess. Tartaros was situated underneath Hades' realm, and most of the inmates were set there (along with their punishments) by the gods that were offended by said inmates (Hades may have had a hand in setting up their punishments, however, which I sorta have a nod towards in his Item Construction).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I'm not really sure that other Pseudo-Servants (besides Zhuge Liang, who could probably manifest on his own but doesn't) have particular reasons for ending up in their respective vessels, other than a fitting nature, so I didn't feel that there's anything there to say. Tokiomi is an elegant, stoic, rich man of power who has a loving wife - which might as well be the closest thing to a mortal Hades in the modern world. I also don't think that Tokiomi as a host exerts any overt influence. Small parts of his personality slip through, but that's about it.
    The Authority thing is a good point, and he probably should exert a natural power over everything that qualifies as a 'spirit' (which would obviously include Heroic Spirits as well). I'll just have to think of a fitting name.

On the NP front, Hades never actually killed people (though he was about to nuke Asclepius' hometown once), as all the death stuff was the work of Thanatos. As for Tartaros and/or the Fields of Punishment, I considered that until I did some research and noticed that Hades actually had little do with that whole mess. Tartaros was situated underneath Hades' realm, and most of the inmates were set there (along with their punishments) by the gods that were offended by said inmates (Hades may have had a hand in setting up their punishments, however, which I sorta have a nod towards in his Item Construction).
    Point taken. However, even if he didn't throw anybody into Tartaros or the Fields of Punishment, he still is the guardian of the pit, so a connection should still exist by Nasuverse logic. Also, maybe something about judging the dead through Minos, Rhadamanthus, and whatever that third king's name was, and maybe he should have shade familiars or something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Point taken. However, even if he didn't throw anybody into Tartaros or the Fields of Punishment, he still is the guardian of the pit, so a connection should still exist by Nasuverse logic. Also, maybe something about judging the dead through Minos, Rhadamanthus, and whatever that third king's name was, and maybe he should have shade familiars or something?
    I wouldn't say that the judges are a significant enough portion of Hades' legend to merit an appearance, honestly. By the same merit, King Arthur should be capable of summoning the Knights of the Round Table (or representations of them).
    The shade familiars seem like something that would be the real Hades' ability, but as with Ishtar, the vessel restricts him from using his magical energy except through gems (and I would count control over shades as an exertion of magical energy).
    As for the rest, I guess other class containers also exist as a conveyance for his missing abilities.

Added Lord of Shades as an additional Skill.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; January 30th, 2019 at 05:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Yo, Master. You're the guy who summoned me, right? When we win the Grail, let's throw a big feast in celebration, alright?"

Archer of the Steppes:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: Tugarin Zmeyevich "The Dragon-bodied Knight"

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Classes: Rider, Berserker

Armament: As well as his bow Ognennyy Luk, Archer also carries a large broadsword for close combat.

Strength- B+
    Agility- D
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- A

History
    Archer is Tugarin Zmeyevich, the dragon-bodied knight of Slavic Mythology. Other than his crashing the banquets of Prince Vladimir and rivalry with the hero Alyosha, very little is known about the circumstances of Tugarin's life. He was supposedly born the child of a dragon and a human woman, but this is only rumor. Regardless of the truth behind his origins, Tugarin was persecuted from a young age due to rumors of his monstrous heritage. Even as a young boy Tugarin's body grew to be incredibly athletic and muscular, and he sometimes belched smoke when enraged, horrifying the people of his village.

Eventually Tugarin and his family were forced out of his village in the Steppes of Russia by a lynch mob. In the process, his father and younger sister were murdered by the mob before they could escape. The trauma of this event scarred Tugarin's heart, making him at first suspicious and hateful of humans.

Afterwards, Tugarin and his family wandered from the Steppes until they reached the city of Kiev. The city was filled with extravagance and luxury, a glorious city of the likes Tugarin had never laid eyes on before. But, Tugarin also picked up the less savory aspects of it. Commoners who begged for food on the gilded streets, their prayers unanswered by the sneering nobles. Slaves who were forced to toil for their owner's whim until their bodies gave out. The poor and crippled who were thrown aside like dirty rags.

When Tugarin saw this, he became filled with compassion for the plight of the poor and stricken humans. He recognized them as similar to himself. Those unwanted. Those despised. Those accursed. Driven by his compassion, Tugarin began to perform good deeds for the people in his area. He rescued slaves from their cruel owners, helped peasants pay off unreasonable debts and even slew a number of vicious monsters attacking the city.

His do-gooding eventually lead Tugarin to wander astray from his new home. Back in his native territory, the wild and untamed countryside of Russia, Tugarin participated in many more gallant adventures. At one point he met an elderly sorcerer after saving him from an angry mob. The sorcerer saw potential in Tugarin and mentored him for several years, teaching him a sliver of the Pagan old magic. When Tugarin eventually parted ways, the sorcerer gifted him with a powerful relic, an amulet and feathered cloak. As long as Tugarin had these items with him he only had to recite their true name and he could transform into a fearsome dragon.

After several more years for Tugarin to cement his reputation as a vagabond-hero, Prince Vladimir the Great, ruler of Kievan Rus, took notice of his exploits and fearsome strength. Despite Tugarin's disgraced heritage he offered the boy-turned-man to become a member of his knight-order, the Knights of the Fair Sun. The holy knights who swore to uphold justice, smite evil and defend the king to their dying breaths.

Eager to broaden his opportunities to do good, Tugarin accepted the prince's request and became a
    Bogatyr
    knight
    . At first, Tugarin's fellow knights were horrified to have a rumored monster in their midst. Only Vladimir's word managed to still their objections. Birth and high blood are irrelevant for a knight. The only thing that matters is having the absolute strength to protect the kingdom and destroy enemies.

Even as he proved himself a worthy member of the order, Tugarin still had an uneasy relationship with his fellow knights. His straightforward nature and blunt words meant he would always point out faults and corruption in others. His intimidating appearance and habit of gorging himself obscenely after battle unsettled the other knights. Though grudgingly admiring his bravery and prowess in battle, they regarded him less as a comrade than a useful monster to be kept on a strict leash.

Only one other Bogatyr could truly be called his friend. Alyosha Popovich, a priest's son who ran away from his family at a young age to become a knight. Alyosha's carefree nature and easy sense of humor let him bond easily with Tugarin. Before long the two were fast friends, often accompanying each other on the most dangerous missions.

Tugarin treasures the memories of the time he spent alongside Alyosha within his heart. To him, those were the days he shone most brightly. Ever since his disgraced birth and struggle to survive in the world, Tugarin finally felt he had a place to belong and friends who appreciated him for who he was. But that happiness would soon be shattered.

Tugarin found out that another bogatyr had been secretly exploiting the people of a local village outside Kiev. He demanded high taxes in return for "protection", and if any of the villagers failed to pay up he would report to the king that they were a traitor and had them executed. Sometimes, he even demanded the most beautiful of the village girls share their bodies with him as payment.

Tugarin was disgusted when he found out about the ruse. Engulfed by blind fury, he drew his sword and killed the so-called "knight" on the spot. After obtaining proof of the man's crimes, Tugarin went to Prince Vladimir himself expected to be pardoned. However, he was horrified to find that the man he killed was still considered an important and valuable holy knight. The royal court actually knew of his crimes all along but ignored them because he was still a strong knight who helped defend the kingdom many times in the past.

For the unforgivable crime of bearing his blade against a fellow knight, Tugarin was sentenced to death. Enraged by this twist of fate, Tugarin assumed his dragon form and escaped by crashing through the palace walls. Now a wanted fugitive throughout the entire kingdom, Tugarin was pursued by countless of his former brothers in arms who sought to claim the hefty bounty on his life.

With his great strength and dragon-transformation, Tugarin managed to kill off all the knights who pursued him, only adding to his villainous reputation. He didn't want to turn his blade against his former comrades, but neither could he just surrender and accept death in the face of the screaming injustice he'd discovered.

Now Tugarin was disillusioned with the knight order, Prince Vladimir and Kievan Rus as a whole. He realized that the bogatyr were not all knights of justice like he'd thought, but many of them were merely puppets of a corrupt and arrogant aristocracy. To defend the king, to smite evil; those noble-sounding words were just pretty lies that disguised the true purpose of the knight order. Upholding the status quo and the king's authority at all costs.

Their blades were not wielded to lend succor to the weak, but to preserve the might of the strong.

Though a wanted man, Tugarin could effectively wander the countryside around Kiev without consequence because none of the other knights were strong enough to oppose him. Ilya, Dobrynya, Alyosha and the other knights who made up the "elite guard" of the bogatyr could've defeated him, but they stayed out of the conflict so far due to distaste with fighting a former comrade.

Even while embracing his reputation as a monster, Tugarin still refused to harm innocent civilians, only killing the knights sent to capture him. In fact, several times he even ended up shielding civilians from collateral damage during his fights or saving them from unrelated plights. Thus, even as he became reviled as a treacherous criminal, there were still some commoners who admired Tugarin and sympathized with him over the rest of the knights.

"Do you remember all the times he saved our asses in the past? If Tugarin's gone against the rest of the knights, there must be some good reason for it."

-Such words echoed in people's hearts.

But because voicing such sentiments in public would be tantamount to treason, they obviously kept quiet.

One of these people was Prince Vladimir's own wife, Apraxia. She met Tugarin while disguising herself as a commoner to give food and medical aid to the poor. Apraxia was being attacked by some hoodlums but Tugarin suddenly appeared to save her. At first he didn't know of her true identity. Afterwards they met several more times, with Apraxia secretly smuggling some food to Tugarin and tending to his wounds. She saw through his fearsome appearance and the violent reputation surrounding him to the kind and gentle young man he truly was. Over time, love even began to bloom between the princess and dragon outlaw.

However, Apraxia knew Tugarin couldn't evade the law forever. Eventually the knights would catch and kill him. Out of desperation she decided to reveal to the knights where Tugarin was hiding out, in return for pleading that he be sentenced leniently. Though her heart ached for betraying her lover, Apraxia felt this was the only way she could spare his life. But even that last wish was trampled on.

An army of Kiev's strongest knights was sent to ambush Tugarin. Transforming into a dragon, he defended himself and managed to kill most of them. But then Alyosha Popovich entered the fray, gracefully weaving between the streams of fire unleashed from Tugarin's dragon-heads.

"Alyosha?"

Tugarin was shocked to see his former friend on the battlefield again.

Alyosha just smiled grimly. "It's nothing personal, old friend. Those who go corrupt have to be put down. Right now, you're an enemy of the kingdom I swore to protect."

The two battled fiercely. At first Tugarin had the advantage because of his dragon-body, but then Alyosha prayed to God to bring rain down on the battlefield. Having fought alongside Tugarin many times in the past, Alyosha knew his dragon-form was weak to water. As the rain washed in rivulets down the dragon's body it melted away and dissolved, reverting Tugarin to an ordinary human. Then they continued to fight in the pouring rain, no longer a dragon and hero but simply two men fighting with their lives and pride on the line.

At first Tugarin still had the upper hand. Alyosha used all his clever tactics to try and get the advantage, but he still couldn't overcome Tugarin's superior strength. But then, Tugarin's keen eyes saw on the edges of the battlefield his lover Apraxia. Her face was filled with sadness. Tears flowed freely from her pale blue eyes and trailed down her trembling delicate cheeks, mingling with the falling rain.

"I'm sorry,"
    she whispered silently, more to herself than her lover.

Tugarin instantly realized what had happened, an icy dagger of betrayal forming in his heart. In that moment of hesitation Alyosha struck, his blade cleaving Tugarin's neck in a single deadly swing. "I... ghrk! Forg...ive y...ou..." Tugarin gurgled and gasped, blood leaking from the corners of his mouth. Then his head toppled from his shoulders and fell to the earth. Whether those last words were aimed at his old friend for killing him, his lover for betraying him, or both, only Tugarin could know for sure.

As the dragon-knight fell, a cry of despair pierced the air. Apraxia ran to the fallen knight's body, weeping uncontrollably. Cradling Tugarin's severed head in her slender arms, the girl tearfully prayed for a miracle. But nothing came save for the cold rain that continued pouring indifferently from the sky.

"How could you do this?" She turned to Alyosha, her expression twisted into rage. "Tugarin wasn't a monster, he was my dearest friend. And you killed him!"

With those words, a loud smack rang out through the cold air as Apraxia delivered a stinging slap to the knight's cheek. Alyosha bore her abuse emotionlessly. After all, he too knew the grief of having lost a beloved friend.

Thus Tugarin's legend came to a bitter end. After his death word of Tugarin's heroic deeds slowly faded from history, leaving only the monster that he became.

Even so, the commoners he saved would always remember the name of Tugarin Zmeyevich.

Personality
    A boisterous, crass and simple-natured man. As long as he can eat, drink and party to the fullest, Archer is satisfied. He has a soft spot for beautiful women. Archer does his best to act (for him) tenderly around them and abhors anyone who'd abuse or mistreat an innocent woman. This incongruous chivalry is probably because Archer is still a knight, even if an unconventional one. It's also what lead the wife of Prince Vladimir to fall in love with him despite knowing of his monstrous nature.

He has a strong sense of equality, loathing any sort of snobbery or discrimination. Archer firmly believes that everyone should be able to sit at the same table and eat as equals, regardless of whether they're king, commoner, rich or poor. Archer didn't keep crashing Vladimir's banquets just for the food (though that was a plus), but because he was disgusted at how the prince dined in opulence while commoners in his kingdom starved.

While normally a broad-minded and accepting sort, Archer is extremely weak to taunts. When insulted he will immediately explode into a blind rage and attack the offender, requiring outside intervention to pull him away. However, once Archer calms down he generally won't hold a grudge.

Archer doesn't hold any enmity at the hero Alyosha Popovich for killing him. In his words, "It's the job of a hero to kill monsters, right?" In fact, given their shared love of pranks and roguishness, Archer would actually enjoy being able to relax and have a drink with Alyosha, free from the fate that drove them against each other in life. Even so, he deeply regrets leaving behind his lover Apraxia, who was left to mourn him. Not being able to see Apraxia one more time and wipe away her tears as he did in the past is truly something that leaves bitter regrets in Archer's heart.

"In the end, I couldn't even make the person most important to me smile. Guess I really am a shitty knight, huh?

...But enough about me, let's go out to eat! Drinks are on me, Master!"

Archer is the kind of person who hides behind his jovial demeanour a deep inner sadness and heartbreak. This stems from the fact that despite how he struggled to live as a hero, he ultimately died as a "monster" and had his heroic deeds forgotten from history. "It's not fair. Why do kings and knights get remembered as heroes, while guys like me are left in the dirt?"

Attitude to his Master
    Archer treats his summoner as a brother-in-arms. He'd gladly fight and die alongside them, but balks at any attempt to assert themselves as his superior. Archer is a man who hates feeling bossed around or commanded by others, so he has abysmal compatibility with any Master who'd seek to exert their authority over him.

If his Master is a beautiful woman with a good personality, Archer might start to fall in love with them. However, because of his past heartbreak, he is rather shy in matters of love and hesitates to make the first move.

Wish on the Holy Grail
    "That fancy-looking cup? I want to drink from it of course! Who knows what delicious wine might be inside... oi, I'm just joking, Master!"

Archer's reason for seeking the Grail is to reunite with Apraxia, the wife of Prince Vladimir who he indulged in a fleeting romance with. Archer reluctantly understands their relationship could never have come to fruition, as despite her love Apraxia wasn't willing to abandon her noble obligations just to be with him. Even so, his only regret is not being able to see her smiling face one last time before he died.

Because Archer is embarrassed at appearing so sentimental, he brushes over the nature of his wish with jokeful remarks.

Dislikes: corrupt nobles and so-called "holy knights", small portion sizes
    Talent: party-crashing
    Natural Enemy: Alyosha

Class Skills:

Independent Action- B

The ability to sustain oneself in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can linger in the world for two days in the absence of an active contract. He can also survive for a short time after suffering extensive damage to his spiritual core.

Because of his Endless Gluttony Skill, Archer demands much more Mana to sustain himself than a typical Servant, which would normally make this Skill suffer a - modifier. On the other hand, he can also gain Mana extremely easily by devouring random objects. These two effects balance out, granting Archer a B-rank in this Skill.

Magic Resistance- C

Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are nullified. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Because of his draconic affiliation, Archer enjoys increased protection against fire-based forms of Magecraft. Conversely, his defenses drop sharply against Magecraft utilizing the water element.

Personal Skills:

Endless Gluttony- A+
    A unique Skill sublimating Archer's legendarily insatiable appetite and gluttonous nature. At a banquet hosted by Prince Vladimir, he stuffed a whole roll of bread into each cheek before devouring an entire swan in one gulp, spitting out only the bones. Naturally, this display of poor table manners horrified the prince's guests.

This Skill allows Archer to devour nearly anything regardless of its constitution or durability. Any object that enters Archer's mouth or is pierced by his sharp teeth will be rapidly "digested", broken down into raw magical energy and absorbed into Archer. Thus Archer can recover his health and Mana simply by eating random objects. The bigger the object is, the more Mana it yields when converted. Of course, it goes without saying that items rich in Mana to start with provide the greatest benefit. He can also use this ability offensively by taking a bite out of the opponent, converting a chunk of their flesh into magical power for himself.

However this Skill is a double-edged sword. Due to his unquenching appetite Archer burns through far more Mana than a normal Servant. Even a highly competent Master would have trouble providing enough Mana for Archer to sustain himself in the world, so he has to compensate by devouring massive amounts of food. Not that Archer minds this.

Forgotten Knight- C
    A Skill that represents the glory of his long-forgotten heroic deeds as a
    knight
    bogatyr
    . Wandering the land, he slew terrible monsters, defended the innocent peasants against cruel nobles, and performed many other gallant feats. Following his demonization as a monster, this aspect of Archer was mostly swallowed in the mists of history. Even so, the memories of those shining days shall always be carved upon his heart.
    This Skill grants Archer the collective accumulation of Skills he obtained as a wandering knight. Includes Eye Of The Mind (True), Beast Slayer, Rune Magic (having been mentored by a
    Zmei
    sorcerer
    at one point and picked up rough magical capabilities on his travels) and various other abilities at E~C rank.

Unnatural Body- B
    Denotes the possession of an innately supernatural body-constitution. In life Archer's body possessed several extraordinary traits that made him be mistaken for a dragon in human form. No matter how many calories he ate, his appetite remained voracious and his hardened muscular body never lost its shape. When angered, black smoke would occasionally vent from his nostrils, and his skin has a slightly rough texture like scales. Similar to Natural Body, this Skill permanently ranks up Archer's Strength parameter. Furthermore, negates any factors (such as debuffs) that would artificially degrade his Strength parameter.

Discernment Of The Poor- D+
    Despite being a bogatyr who served Prince Vladimir, Archer always had more in common with the ordinary people than his fellow knights. He in particular detested the excesses of the arrogant aristocracy. This Skill allows Archer to have an easier time seeing through falsehoods and deceit aimed against him. It's not like an innate gift to sense deception, but something more akin to an intuition born from experience accumulated in one's lifetime.

Noble Phantasms
    Ognennyy Luk
    Bow Of The Burning Brands

Type: Anti-Unit~Fortress

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Archer's tactic of hurling firebrands (burning logs of wood) at Alyosha during their fight. It takes the form of an initially ordinary looking wood and metal longbow he wields. But by channelling his Mana through it, Archer can make the bow unfold and transform into a gigantic mechanized crossbow. Rather than a bow, it'd be more accurate to call it a siege engine. Only Archer's immense strength allows him to wield it as an ordinary crossbow.

The crossbow is modelled to resemble a dragon, with the front emblazoned with a snarling dragon's head and the bow part itself styled to resemble an unfurled pair of leathery wings. Instead of firing normal arrows, this Noble Phantasm uses as ammunition giant logs of wood comparable to javelins. When fired from the crossbow, the logs set ablaze from the friction to become fiery missiles. Each "arrow" impacts with the force of a ballistic missile, able to demolish a fortified concrete wall from a direct hit. In gameplay terms, this Noble Phantasm elevates every shot Archer performs to the level of an A-ranked attack, surpassing his own ranking in Strength.

However, its true potential is only shown when this Noble Phantasm's true name is released. When Archer does so, the bow's "wings" unfurl further and begin gathering ambient Mana from the surroundings, much like real dragon's wings that served as antenna to gather Mana. Once this charging process is completed (which takes a few seconds), the bow fires a single arrow wrapped in flames towards the enemy. As it hurtles through the air the flames around the arrow begin to coalesce and take the form of a giant fire-dragon. Just before impact, the "dragon" lets out a blood-curdling roar before smashing into the opponent, creating a massive fiery explosion.

This is the maximal output of Archer's Noble Phantasm, boasting firepower that rivals dragon's breath. However, after using it, the crossbow will disgorge massive amounts of heat and smoke, requiring Archer to wait two hours before being able to use it again.

Install: Zmeyevich
    Birth Of The Ravaging Dragon

Type: Support

"Alright, now you've gone and pissed me off. I'll show you my true power, so get ready to be sent flying!"

A cloak of multicolored feathers and amulet decorated with paper-membraned wings that Archer gained from a
    Zmei
    sorcerer
    he met on his travels. Passively, they confer Archer increased defense against fire-based spells and attacks equivalent to Protection From Fire at rank B. However, their true power lies elsewhere. When invoked by its true name, the cloak will sweep around Archer and engulf him as the amulet glows, enacting a terrifying transformation. Under the cloak Archer's body swells up and expands, rapidly morphing into something huge and inhuman.

When the transformation finishes Archer emerges as a massive dragon with three heads, sprawling wings and blazing green eyes. But its most distinctive feature is that the dragon is covered from head to toe in vibrant multicolored feathers like those of Archer's cloak, resembling a giant quetzal.

In this form Archer's Unnatural Body is overwritten by Monstrous Strength at rank A+ and he gains Breath Of The Dragon (Hellblaze) at A rank, letting him expel streams of sulphurous black flame from his mouths comparable to ballistic weaponry. His obsidian scales are as hard as iron and incredibly resistant to attack, nullifying damage from attacks ranked C or lower. Being a dragon, he can of course also fly, every beat of his enormous wings creating windstorms that can lacerate flesh and destroy buildings.

However, while in this form Archer possesses a crippling weakness to water. Being immersed in any body of water will make his dragon body dissolve and wash away, reverting him back to a human. Afterwards, Archer suffers two rank-downs to his parameters and his Personal Skills are sealed for the rest of the day, making him almost helpless. This represents how Archer was defeated in legend when rain soaked his paper-like wings and rendered them useless.

In his dragon form Archer expends a truly obscene amount of Mana, especially in conjunction with his Endless Gluttony Skill. Even the most capable of Masters would only be able to sustain him in this form for three minutes at most before dying from the magical drain. Thus, Archer only uses this Noble Phantasm as a last resort trump card against a foe he'd be unable to defeat otherwise. Upon returning to human form (either voluntarily or when it's dispelled), Archer would be incredibly hungry and require multiple full-course feasts to restore him to full health.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much thanks to Koga for giving me some ideas on this guy, and in particular for letting me use his idea for the crossbow NP. I'll probably post up a sheet for Alyosha Popovich (his rival) next, given I have his sheet like 90% done already. As always, all comments and criticisms are welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 30th, 2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Added History

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tugarin: Given that in the legends he was a dragon, not a bogatyr... What happened (and/or is he a man or a monster)? Why'd he go bad enough to get killed by his former comrade (not that Bogatyr's fighting each other is anything new, but still). Once again, the lack of Lore sheet hurts the sheet.
    The dragon crossbow sets the sheet apart from other Archers in a positive way, though. Not that big of a fan of his dragon form stealing Gorynych's shtick of having three heads. Also, given that he was said to be really big in the legends (and something similar is implied with his crossbow), how tall is Tugarin as a Servant?