Page 466 of 620 FirstFirst ... 366416456461464465466467468471476516566 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Louis XI:

Thank you so much for your feedback I really appreciate it

Blog Entries

Source: Sai Izumi

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Teresa Teng
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Taiwan (20th Century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: C

Height: 171cm
    Weight: 140lbs
    Dislikes: Dictators
    Talent: Singing
    Natural Enemy: Artemis
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A microphone
    Catalyst: A copy of Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin

Class Skills:

Independent Action B+: This skill causes her to constantly be able to stay in reality for two days after her master passes. However, if anyone knows her True Name, and thus her idol status, mana will be leeched from them to continue to sustain her.

Magic Resistance E: She never encountered magic in life, but gets this bare minimum rank through her class container

Personal Skills:

Asia's Eternal Queen Of Pop A+: The sublimafion of her title as Asia's Eternal Queen Of Pop. This manifests as a passive enhancement to her singing, causing her to gain far more range and power in her voice and a stronger sense of hearing. This is her favorite skill, as it allows her to expand the range of her concerts.

Philanthropist C: The sublimation of her many philanthropic deeds. This manifests as a sort of Inverse golden rule. Constantly positive things happen to her, but money is constantly and rapidly drained.

The Music Of Teresa Teng B: It has been said that wherever there are chinese people, there is the music of Teresa Teng. Sublimated into a skill, this allows her to gain more and more power from her fans, people who have heard her music and enjoyed it. This tends to be useful for her concerrts, as this allows her to fill up larger and larger spaces the more people hear her.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Yuè Liàng Dài Biao Wo De Xīn
    The Moon, Glowing Above

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 40 meters
    Max Targets: 1000 targets

Her ultimate song, and the sublimation of her most popular song, The Moon Represents My Heart. When invoked, she begins singing it, as the moon glows above, causing everyone within to feel truly cared about and sapping them of their will to fight, while rejuvenating them. In other words, it creates a "rest zone" which acts as a safe place for people. However, this song can only last up to 13 minutes before the glow fades away. In addition, it is only usable when the moon is visible and high in the sky. Lastly, if someone there has Bravery or any "Delusion" skills (such as Madness Enhancement, Delusion Trigger, Insanity, Mental Pollution...) or noble phantasms associated with that type of skill above rank C, they are completely unaffected by the field.

Lore: Teresa Teng was a Taiwanese singer known as "Asia's Eternal Queen Of Pop". She was the first Asian pop superstar, and the artist who created modern Chinese popular music. She recorded over 1500 songs during her life, with the most famous being "The Moon Represents My Heart".

Personality: A friendly and helpful person, she wants to do anything she can to help people. She is quite confused by many of the shenanigans around Chaldea though. She loves meeting other idols, especially ones who are just starting out, for she feels that they have more fresh and new ideas then. Her wish for the grail would simply be to be able to continue singing and to continue bringing joy with her songs.

Relationships:

Artemis: "....The moon is... robotic? The moon goddess is... robotic? What..."

Orion: "Oh, you poor thing, trapped as a teddy bear. Maybe my performance will make you feel better."

Mozart: "I never was one for the opera."

Marie Antoinette: "Oh, a pleasure to meet another idol."

Salieri: "Poor dear. Naybe my song shall make you feel better."

Aillen: "...Rock? I... quite like this style. Could you teach me it?"

Elizabeth: "You call yourself an idol? You're not quite there yet. Would you like me to mentor you?"

Nero: "Impressive job!"
    Last edited by jishara; July 18th, 2022 at 09:35 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Boundless Compasion looks pretty good. The flavour text is pretty solid, and you get the point across quite well. The name is a good choice, at least I think so.
    Thank you for the feedback legendary

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hassan of the White Snow

Identity:
    Simo Häyhä

Class:Assassin

Other Qualified Classes: Archer

Alignment: Balanced Neutral

Armament(s): Fused Rifle and SMG

Summoning Catalyst: A Rifle round, with the Finnish word "Salamurhaaja", assassin, etched into it

History:
    Born in 1905 in southern Finland near the Russian Border to a pair of farmers, Simo experienced an ordinary childhood, with the notable exception of performing exceedingly well in local shooting competition awards. After a short stint in the Finnish militia civil guard starting at age 17, he would enter military service, attending an officer's academy, but would not receive sniper training until one year before WWII.
    But once it began, Häyhä went on a metaphorical TEAR as a sniper- very notably using his smg, and a rifle without a scope- to secure over 200 confirmed kills, over 500 by the estimate of his fellow soldiers, and by his own records.
    All of this was done in under 100 days.
    For this prowess, he was awarded the moniker of "The White Death" for propaganda purposes by his government, and "The Magic Shooter" by his peers. However, he would eventually take an explosive round from an enemy Russian soldier. Which would destroy the left half of his jaw and cheek, though he would survive.

After the war, he would live peacefully for the remainder of his life, passing away in 2002.

Constitution as a servant:
    Simo is, by technical classification in this form, a gestalt servant, his own spirit origin added to that of an unnamed Hassan, in a similar fashion to that of his summoning catalyst. For this reason, he manifests with his rifle physically fused to his arm (the bone itself making up a good part of the forestock) as he himself is not whole in this state. His master theorizes he would probably be linked to some Finnish natural or mythological phenomena if she had not done so.

Personality:
    Similar to how he was reported to be in life, Assassin is a respectful, quiet man who tends to keep to himself. He never married, and lived alone, though despite this, reportedly had a circle of friends and associates that included generals and even the Finnish president. As his accomplishments in killing were lauded during the war, he saw it as simply a duty, one that was even regrettable, his personal accounts addressing his kills as his "sin list". He's modest to a T.

Height: 160 cm
    Weight: 122 lbs
    Appearance: It should be noted that his left arm is disproportionately large as compared to the relatively slim build he sports otherwise, as it has the function of absorbing the recoil of the rifle built with his forearm.

Servant Parameters:
    Str: D
    End: C
    Agi: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: D

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: A A skill that hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. It is possible to disappear completely and become nearly impossible to be detected. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack. Simo famously would put snow in his mouth to cool his breath and avoid the vapor from breathing, as well as heavily use camouflage, worn and otherwise
    Independent Action: B- It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage. Traditionally an archer skill, Simo possesses it, albeit as a lower rank due to it being his preferred class. As he still qualifies as a Hassan however, there is no way it could drop to C.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation D: A skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. Simo receives this skill for the facial wound he endured, which had him originally put atop a pile of dead bodies by his comrades, before he moved enough to indicate life. However, this skill is not incredibly useful, due to his low Endurance parameter.

Marksmanship A: A skill representing all-round shooting techniques, which includes quick drawing and trick shooting by means of small arms. Simo's quality of skill shown even in his youth awards him an A rank in this ability, as well as his choice of not using a scope when sniping. According to Major Tapio Saarelainen—who met Häyhä several times and has written five books about him, including his biography Saarelainen notes that during his Civil Guard training, Häyhä once hit a target 16 times from 150 metres away in just one minute. "This was an unbelievable accomplishment with a bolt action rifle, considering that each cartridge had to be manually fed with a fixed magazine that held together five cartridges."

Hawkeye C+: A a visual ability that is also called Clairvoyance. This is generally a must-have ability of the Archer class. It is also frequently used during scouting. Simply looking from a high location is sufficient to fully survey a town and search for enemies. In addition, Clairvoyance will affect the accuracy of bows. It connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. Simo is rewarded a positive modifier to this skill through accounts (and showings) of near supernatural eyesight during his life. According to Saarelainen, "Häyhä was able to estimate distances with an accuracy of 1 metre (3.3 ft) up to 150 metres (500 ft)."

White Death A: A skill unique to Simo, a variant of disengage that lets him avoid most ordinary attacks by briefly dematerializing into a snowstorm, therefore dodging most physical attacks. This skill would not normally rank so high, but it is his classification as a Hassan that allows the offensive and transportation utilization of the skill. Normally, it would take a form more akin to Territory creation. He may also use this form to travel.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Vahvistamattomat Tapot A: When chambering a round, Simo expends mana to bestow upon the bullet raw, unadulterated mystery. Due to the fact that so many of his kills were unconfirmed, this mystery provides the unique effect of a split existence- it both does, and does not exist at the same time, much like his kills, and thus can go through objects and magical barriers. However, this ability is INCREDIBLY costly, and still requires his aim. It is also still detectable, as it still exists.

Design Notes:
    - Of course, another one of my Fighting game fate servants, this time of the zoner/counter character gameplay archetype
    - Because of the simplicity of his design, he's the first one I'm actually planning on implementing and doing spritework for, as it'll be good for solidifying overall visual style
    - The idea of him being a technical gestalt hassan comes from a few places:
    1. When deciding a roster, I wanted to use Gramps on the opposing side, since I admittedly didn't have a lot of popular servants, and thus needed a reason for him to manifest without there being a beast. Cue a servant who was falsely summoned under the method in which to summon a Hassan, uttering or inscribing the word "assassin", the master forcefully adding someone to the order. Hence, the man himself to see who's claiming.
    2. Visually, the hassans are visually really distinct, and it provides design opportunities that are otherwise unavailable with the appearance he logically needs to have with his individual legend. Plus, it works as a wonderful inverse of the traditional hassan colors.
    3. As told to me by other people in the thread when first pitching him as part of the list, he's apparently really overdone- so I wanted what would hopefully be at least a bit original with this choice.
    4. I've long held the idea that the hassans are ripe for creative ideas in getting them out of their only normally possible class, through gestalt servantry- My future sheet of Lancer Cursed Arm, Lancer of the Blessed Hand, being one I'll do eventually. Simo is a reverse of the process.
    - Additionally, in the war, he has an interesting dichotomy with Robin Hood who is an archer who works best as an assassin, while Simo is an assassin who works best as an archer.
    - If I were to make an archer form, I'd actually make it as him as an older man, very similar to William Tell.
    - Guns are just fucking cool man, idk what else to tell you.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Até o fim do mundo

"Until the end of the world... that's what we promised, right?"

Even if I were to lose myself and forget everything else...
    I will never forget that day.
    Until the end of the world...

Top-level creator's notes
    HA, TAKE THAT, ANNOYING FORUM BUG!

Avenger of The Alcobaça Monastery

-- Cruel Justice Born of Forsaken Love --

"Is this... paradise? No, of course not. My love would be here to greet me if that were the case. I must be early. You there. Is this your doing? Are you the one who summoned me back into this sinful earth?"
    "Is that so..? I suppose it can't be helped. Servant Avenger, Pedro I, king of Portugal. I shall brandish my sword in the name of justice once again. It is a pleasure to be working with you. Now then, shall we cleanse the world of its filth?"
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

"A king, huh... truth be told, I detest the title. Politics, treaties, governance... such despicable concerns, all of them. Besides, I have no interest in ruling over these... savages to begin with. Murderers and monsters wearing human skins. Still, I suppose for all his faults, my father did teach me one lesson worth remembering; the king's word is justice. I am justice. And I hereby decree that love will win, even if the world must burn for it."

Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Lover

True Name: Pedro I of Portugal
    Alignment: Lawful Good(?)
    Origin: Portugal (14th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: E
    NP: B

Likes: His wife, dispensing justice, public executions, romance
    Dislikes: His father, kingship, politics, pragmatism
    Talent: Devising torture and executions, rebelling against greater powers
    Natural Enemy: Afonso IV of Portugal,
    responsibilities
    the Sword of Damocles

Armament: Swords
    Catalyst: His marble effigy, a preserved human heart

Class Skills
    Avenger (A)

A Class Skill representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatred and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage. A controversial King famed for both his unbending sense of justice and his incredible cruelty, his desire for vengeance is only matched by his sheer devotion to his love.

"You know how it is; the brightest lights cast the darkest shadows. The greater your expectations, the greater the chances of disappointment. It's not that I take any pleasure in these executions, but... let's just say it was foolish of me to expect so much of the kingdom and the royal family to begin with. The human heart is an unsightly thing that forsakes pure ideals such as love and beauty in pursuit of power and conspiracy. Therefore, it is futile to understand them. I only need to deliver judgment; protect all that is good, and purge all that is evil."

Oblivion Correction (B)

People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened. "The ability to never forget" is a skill necessary for a King who delivers judgment upon others. Every crime and every sin committed by the "defendant" will never be forgotten in his mind. That said, at the root of it all, there is one thing he absolutely refuses to forget...

"Ah yes, if I truly do hate my position as King so much, why did I choose to be summoned in this miserable state, as opposed to say... a younger, happier version of me from back when I was free from all the sorrows of the world? A fair question. See, this crown that weighs heavily on my head, these exquisite royal robes... they serve as a reminder of my naivety. Of the one person I failed to save. Of the people who sentenced her to death. Painful as these memories are, so long as I draw breath in this second life, I refuse to ever forget them."

Self-Replenishment (Mana) (C)

One's Magical Energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn. So long as there is "evil" within the human heart, so long as his "justice" is needed, he will continue to rage against the world. He knows full well that it is a fool's errand. That there may be no true end for his vengeance. Yet he stubbornly charges forward, sword in hand. After all, if evil still runs rampant, and he's not there to punish them... then what did she die for?

"How many more? How many more killers, thieves, and villains must be put to the sword before I can make things right..?"
    "Yes, of course. As many as there are in this world. Evil cannot be allowed to exist. No one else will suffer like you did. I'll see to it, my love. I shall continue to drench these hands in blood, for the sake of a world that is peaceful and kind."

Devotion (A/E)

Normally a Class Skill of the Lover-Class, yet one he possesses regardless of Class. A Skill which corresponds to the strength of the Servant's feelings towards those they love. The Skill increases in rank the more people they loved and the more impressive their 'acts of love' towards those people were. As a Servant this means that the greater the Servant's 'love' for their Master is, the higher the boost in all parameters they will receive. Avenger's heart only held a place for one person. A woman he loved with every fiber of his being. One whose death he avenged with the utmost brutality. While he does receive a significant parameter boost from this Skill, his love is strictly aimed towards his other half. While he regards the Master as an "accomplice" in his pursuit of justice, he holds little to no affection towards them. After all, a true administrator of justice must always be impartial.

"I suppose it would not be impossible for me to manifest as a Lover... possibly alongside her. I wonder what that would be like... Perhaps we would be summoned as we were during those few years of happiness we knew? Ah, but I refuse. Why? Why!? Do you really have to ask, Master!? I don't deserve such happy ending! Not yet! I must continue to enact my vengeance upon evildoers. I will not allow her to be summoned in the same world that took her away from me. Not while those scums still walk the earth. I will not lose her a second time. That's why, the very idea of being summoned as a Lover... it terrifies me."

Personal Skills
    Beneplácito Régio (A+)

A law passed under his rule, stating that every command and Papal Bull from the Catholic Church must be approved by the King before it can be implemented in the kingdom. For a time, this effectively places him above the rebuke of the church, allowing him to freely punish priests and church officials deemed "corrupt" in his court. This Skill grants him greater resistance against the commands of authorities greater than his own. It also allows him to nullify divine magecraft (especially those originating from the Roman Catholic Church) with but a single touch, akin to a hyper-specialized version of Magic Resistance. Visually, upon making contact, these spells, constructs, or magecraft-based weapons would lose all color, turning a pale gray before scattering like dust on the wind.

"The Lord is good. Those who serve under him, however... they are human, and thus they should not be beyond rebuke. Say, would you agree that politics simply bring out the worst in people? Whatever 'mission of peace' they have, the moment they taste wealth and power... they grow addicted to these luxuries, ingratiating themselves with nobles and taking part in their conspiracies, all to fill their own pockets. That is how they find themselves at the edge of my blade."

Coronation of the Undead (C)

A combination of Delusion Trigger and Corpse Preservation, based on a certain anecdote. Following the murder of his beloved and the execution of those responsible, the King exhumed her corpse, dressed her up in luxurious garments, forced the people in his court to kiss her hand, and dubbed her as the true indisputable Queen of the land. This feat translates into an ability similar to necromancy, manipulating the movements and bodily functions of deceased creatures. The one thing that differentiates this from simple necromancy, however, is the fact that this manipulation ability is not accomplished through science nor magecraft, but the sheer insistence that the deceased is actually still alive. A complete denial of reality that allows his delusions to bleed out and affect the world at large. That said, its rank and effectiveness is rather limited, due to the anecdote in question being a temporary product of grief rather than a delusion that persistently stayed with him for the remainder of his life.

"Looking back, it would have been easy for me to surrender at that moment. To reject reality and live in delusion for the rest of my days. To lie and convince myself that she is alive and well. To throw away the crown I hated so much and die in the dungeon as a madman. However, I refused. For a while, it was a nice dream, one that my people was kind enough to indulge me in. Yet I realized that I must move forward. My justice had only just begun, and falling to madness would only render her death meaningless. Before I slip back into that dream... they must all pay."

Até o Fim do Mundo (EX)

"Until the end of the world", the words inscribed upon two tombs facing each other, promising that the two lovers would be reunited at the Last Judgment. While this Skill is originally supposed to bless him with a soothing, restorative effect by recalling the promise, as an Avenger, it seems to have a different effect. Similar to Battle Continuation and Mental Pollution, it allows him to shrug off both mental and physical wounds by recalling the promise not as a reassurance of eventual peace, but a reminder of why he fights in the first place. It further bolsters his unwavering sense of justice, as something necessary to reach that promised future.

"Master, I just had a thought. I'm not sure when or how it will happen yet, but... when the promised day arrives, she's going to need a home to return to. Maybe a humble cottage in the countryside where we could watch our children play, free from royal obligations, political turmoil, and shady conspiracies lurking at every corner of the land. Yes, I thought of such things back then as well, though... they never did come to pass. Ahem, still, it would be a shame if those villains were to taint our beautiful dream before she gets here, wouldn't you think so? That's why... my justice will continue to burn forevermore, all to protect that promise. That is my vow, not as a King, but as a husband and father."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Royal Sentencing, Twin Blades of Retribution
    O Justiceiro, O Cruel

"I see, it's time for that already. My blades, answer to me. Prove your justice, and I might just be kind enough to make your execution a swift one."

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-20
    Max Targets: 1 person

The Just and The Cruel. Avenger's main armaments, a pair of swords named after the two monikers he held in life. The King who pursued justice and crushed evil without compromise. The madman who relished in enacting various manners of brutal executions upon "villains". The two swords are relatively average weapons. They are decently durable, but it's not impossible to destroy them, after which Avenger would require a bit of time and mana to reforge them. That said, they come with two special modifiers. In his right hand, Justiceiro. A sword that increases its attack power proportionately to the perceived severity of the target's "sins". In his left, Cruel. An extension of his Self-Replenishment (Mana), the sword siphons a small amount of mana from the target with every cut it makes. While they lack fancy beams or other conceptual effects, when wielded together, they offer a versatile mix of both offense and endurance. That said, this Noble Phantasm loses most of its power when used against those Avenger genuinely considers "good" (or by extension, those who successfully manages to conceal their sins from him), becoming little more than ornamental swords.

Forfeit Your Heart and Perish, O' Beast Devoid of Humanity
    lembrança de Castro

"Oh dear, it appears I've made a terrible mistake! My blades cannot judge you, since your evil falls beyond what humans are capable of! Alas, I shall judge you all the same. This is a reminder of my failure. An unsightly stain upon my empty heart that can never heal. I did not expect to call upon you this soon, but... Inês, to me."
    "This is my vow, to eradicate all evil so that you may rest in peace. So that I may embrace you in a world much kinder than this one. Now, you there... surely scum like you has no need of a human heart. lembrança de Castro."

Source

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-20
    Max Targets: 1 person

A manifestation of Avenger's most brutal punishment, enacted upon those who murdered his love. At the moment, he decided to forego all torture implements and long, drawn-out methods of inflicting suffering. Instead, armed with a single iron glove in one hand, he ripped out their hearts manually, claiming that it was the same thing they did to him, and that through their crimes, they had forfeited their human hearts.

A sorrowful rage so powerful that it brought his love back from the grave through a case of chain-summoning... or so it may seem. In truth, the one summoned here is not the true Inês de Castro... not entirely, at least. Rather, this is closer to a cognitive image of her, or how Avenger remembers her. Under this particular Class, he remembers her not as the regal Queen Consort of Portugal, nor as the love of his life, but simply as a victim. Even if the memories of her smile, her voice, and the joyful times they spent together grows increasingly scrambled in his mind, he will never forget his love for her, and how she was killed in the name of the country's 'best interests'. This explains why her form greatly differs compared to the "true" Heroic Spirit Inês de Castro. Because Avenger's sorrow and hatred at her killers effectively drowned out every other memory of her, even her very face, as if saying "you don't deserve to dream of such happiness until your vengeance is complete".

Upon this Noble Phantasm's activation, this "shadow" of Inês de Castro manifests on the field as Avenger's familiar. She moves in an eerie, mechanical manner according to Avenger's will, with a head that occasionally falls of her body, reminiscent of her cause of death. Initially, her presence only serves to inflict a minor fear effect on enemies. A secondary effect would trigger the longer she remains on the battlefield. Being within her close proximity gradually strips enemies of "everything that makes them human". According to Avenger's definition, this translates into the ability to perceive beauty in things. To feel both joy and sorrow. To marvel at the ideals of love and hope. To have a heart capable of compassion, one that the late Queen Consort never got to experience at the hands of her murderers. Whatever the case, affected individuals would grow increasingly withdrawn and despondent towards external stimulus. It may take longer for them to form their thoughts, react towards threats, or simply communicate the contents of their hearts to others. For certain Servants, this may also lock out certain Skills or Noble Phantasms that rely upon the affected emotions.

Once every "layer" of humanity has been stripped from the target, Avenger may activate the second phase of this Noble Phantasm. Manifesting a single iron glove on his right hand, he conceptually bypasses every defense on the target's body to crush their heart, or their spirit core in the case of Servants. This creates a horrific one-hit-kill imagery where the target would instantly hemorrhage from every orifice in their body, bleeding out shortly after.

There are two ways to defend yourself against this Noble Phantasm. First, since this is a punishment reserved for the most heinous criminals in Avenger's eyes, "humans who no longer had any need for their humanity", it can only be enacted upon those he considers absolutely, indisputably evil without a single redeeming quality. This means that the slightest doubt in his judgment, the slightest belief that the target is not entirely evil, would render the second stage of this Noble Phantasm unusable. Of course, this is hardly a reliable method, considering his deeply subjective and single-minded definitions of good and evil. Secondly, this Noble Phantasm does not seem to work on beings that cannot be considered "human" to begin with. The closer they are to "humanity" (or at least Avenger's own definition of the term, namely the ability to exhibit human emotions and abide by conventional human morals), the greater the chance of it activating successfully. On the other hand, it would deal little to no damage towards inhuman beasts or foreign entities far removed from "humanity".

Lore
    A 13th-century prince of Portugal who threw the kingdom into chaos in the name of his love.

My life story? Ufufu, I wonder why you'd be so interested in such a tale? I spent years living a pleasant dream, away from all the sorrows and horrors of reality. When a certain tragedy roused me awake, it was too late, and...

Ahem, my apologies. I was getting a little too ahead of myself there. Allow me to start from the beginning...

Act 1: The Prince, Asleep
    I was born as the third and only surviving son of king Afonso IV of Portugal, and queen Beatrice of Castile. With no other male heir, father groomed me to succeed him from a young age. I was a boy when he first arranged for me to marry a Castilian noblewoman, Constanza Manuel, in order to cement a peace treaty between our two regions. Though this betrothal had been made public for years prior to the planned wedding, I did not meet her until much later. Occasionally, we exchanged letters, and while there was nothing wrong with Constanza, I... simply never held much love for her. She was beautiful, kind, well-educated, and yet... I cannot see her as anything more than a friend, at best. Of course, my father and his royal court would hear none of such affairs. In fact, I hardly had any say in these decisions myself. Still, perhaps it was a sense of royal obligation, or a simple piety that every child holds towards their parents, I find myself going along with his whims nonetheless.

I was supposed to meet my fiancee for the first time in 1340, when she arrived for a diplomatic visit in Portugal. The two of us were twenty at the time. Yet, I remembered that day not for my first meeting with Constanza, but for something else. My first meeting with her lady-in-waiting, another noblewoman by the name of Inês de Castro. The moment I laid my eyes on her... ï̶̳̩̤̪͖̠͐͋̅͂͝t̸̡́̽̇̄̇̊ͅ ̶̣̪̉͒̑̏̚̚w̷͖̺̤͛a̴̬͇͍͍̽͋s̷̠͖͑̊͐͘͜ ̵̬̒̾h̷͎́̽͗̅a̴̹̍r̵̲̗̜͗̅ͅd̶̢̎͑͆̏̑͋ ̷̨̩̙̳̭̊͛̈͆̆ͅẗ̴̜̝͒̽̈́͜õ̴͚͓̫ ̴͎̮͈͈͚͒d̶̡͓̲̏͋̇̊́͑e̸̗̤̙̳̘̹̎̈́̀̽̉͐s̵͍̥̔́̑͊̔̓c̶͙͙̜͐̊̄ ̭͔r̶͉̅́i̴̟̙̽͋̍͜b̵̮͚͕̹̞̘́̓̆͛̓é̸̪̫̯̖̞̤͌́̑̉,̷̖͗̋̿̾͆̃ ̲̟͉̬̗ ̸͖̟͕̖̆̂͒̃̕͠h̶̠͗̀̂̆ö̴̡͓̤͉̼̙́̓n̴̩̯̮̪̓̔́̑̾ͅe̴̙̲͊͌̿̓͠ s̴̲̟̤̰̐̈́̎̄͌͝ẗ̸̳̣̜̊̎́ḻ̴̨̫͚͑͐̉̿͘͜y̷̢̛̺̿̈.̵̦̌̄̎̈́ ͚̝ ̸̨̢̪̦̈́̀͆̀͘͜Ś̸̠̉͊̕ȟ̴͉̥̙͋̄e̸̩̅͝ ̶̹̼̱̫̖͗̏̉̚ẅ̷̙̹͉͙́͐à̸̤̦͓s̷͖̅̓̈́̏͝ ̷̩̙̦̻̀͠b̷̭̝͔̔͗ȩ̵͓̍ḁ̵͚͕̼͔͌̒̾́̍u̸̻͊̚t̷͓̜͉͍̆͆͜i̸̝̫̓ ̫̖̜̞f̶̬̜̯͖̗̕u̶̥̇̊͑̂̽̏l̴̪̀̈͊.̵̣̗̅̓̀̚ ̴̛̥͚̱͎͕͂̆̏̏I̴̧͙̯͌ ̷̢̝̦͉̋̒r̵̦̼͛̃̐̅͠e̴͖͎͈̣̬͛m̴̭͓̥͉͌͊̾e̶̛̖̿͛͂̉m̸͓͍͌b̴̛̔ ͉̤̻̽̇̚͠e̷͉̺͓̤̯͖̎̔͑r̸̨̪̾͘ ̷͈͕̪̱͂͗o̸̹͋͗ṵ̷̹͎̮̊́̃r̴͍̜͕̓̑̏̍̕͜͝ ̴̛̳̫̣̈f̵͙̟͒͒͝i̵̜͙͆̀ṙ̵̟̀̈̈͝s̵̜̙͑̃͠ț̸͂̀̿́ ̴̢̱͈̊͒̇͘ṁ̸̺̤̎͗́͜e̵̯̣̝̍͝ͅe̶̡̙̼̰͎̾̎̾͝͝ť̸̛̲̬̰̳̖̈́͒̇͘ ǐ̴̹̬̝͖̣͗͘n̶͙̱͕̙̎̒̽̾g̶̛͎̏̒̕ ̵̘̕ą̶̪̲̻̩͎̈́͂͘s̸̯̤̩̗̲͠ ̴̱͉̭̯̳́̃̐̀̐ḭ̴͕̰͊̎̓f̶̯̞̻͈̳̀͌͝ ̵̩̬̆̌i̶̩̝͈͌̐t̷̛̮͈̓̈́̽̆̌ ̴̨̱̉̏́͠w̸̥͗̿͆ẹ̸̺̃̓͑̔r̷̹̼͑̓͂̿͘e̴̺̝̙̩̘̓̒̊̓̅̏ ̶̯͍̫͓̱̍y̷̢̓̓̃͗̄e̴̡̐̊́̈́̌ͅs̴̡̧̗̭̬̐̓ͅţ̴̢̤̰̩͆̍͗͑̈̀ẻ̶ ̗͇̫͕͆͐͗̈̈́r̷̛͖̙̫̩̗͓̊͌̀ḓ̵̲̓̓̂ä̷͚̙͕y̴̲͍̗̬̌͝.̵̒̎ ͎ ̴͙̜̕H̶̞̏ẻ̷̢͚͍̣̮̗̎̀̋͠͝r̵̡͇̮͕̜̔̿̍͗͂ͅ ̷̡̣̤̒͋f̵̠̗͉̘̽̈́͋ȃ̶̳̥̾͑̄̅ç̴̙̬͙̘͗͌̿̈̕͝e̶̢͓͓̮̱͒̈͗͠.̴ ̞̦̠̜͂.̴̖̩̘̱̞͆̊̃́̄.̴͚̠͎́̇͂͆͒ ̵̻͆̐p̸̪̙̰͆͛̌̓̌͠ë̴͓̠́̑̂̿ŗ̵̛̮̚h̶͚̰̯͕̹̬̓a̶̳͖͋̈́͜p̶̬͚̈́ ͜s̵̛̞͍̫̣͍ ̷͈̝͖͛͗̾͘͝i̸͍͖̞̗̘̊̇̓͌f̵̨̖̰̰͋͗̀͂͝ ̷̩̝̮̪͐̑Ï̷̛̭̣̭̰̌ ̶̛̫͛͋̈́ͅw̴͍̯̓̈́̑ḙ̷̼̞̋̀̊͐̇͜r̶̢̞̟̜̯͐̔̒̉͌̍ë̵̛̩̙̰͎͓́̒̂̓ ̯ ̷̧̦͈̯͎̾͝ť̴̫͎̰͑͌̂͝o̴̢̔̽̄ ̵̙͚̱̼̟̺̿̎͑̈́̅c̵͚͉̬̤̩̽̈́̄̔o̴̮̝̭͚̙̰͆̽̋m̵͇͓̘̯̝͎̔p̸͒̊̚̚͠ ̠̳̩͍a̶̦͕̪̦̺̞͑̀͑r̶̮̞̦͗͛͝ͅę̵̞͖͉̻̎̑ ̵̊̕͜͠ḧ̴̙́͑̽͛̾̌e̴̪͌͠͠͝ṙ̷͙͉̀̔ ̴͕͔̹̗͉͆̈́w̶̳͔̙̩̏̔̀͒̚i̷̲̪̦͇̘͛ţ̷̟̰̲̃h̸͇̙̺͉́̆͆̂̀͝ ̹̞ ̸͕̮̩͊͊̌͝s̶̨̠̯̱̾̔͘o̶̻̲̒͆̕͜m̷̹̝͖̀̆e̴̮͍̜̐̒̔̂t̴͔̅̄͊̾̈́͠ ̣̯h̶̨̥̬̪̄̔̚̕͝ḭ̸̲̚ń̶̗̖̰̖͛̾͜g̴̢͔̘̠̓̃͒̅͌ͅ,̸̛̳̝̟̄̾̍̀ ͜ ̴̯̳͉͎̠͘ì̷̡̯t̷̗͚͉̄̀̃ ̷̼̝̋̈͌w̴͍̼̳̝͑ͅo̶̡̰͐̄̔̆̋̕u̸͙͐̃̃̚l̶̨̏̋͋̽̈́d̶̨͖̱͚̙͒̓̔̓ ͔ ̸̳̦̳̍̐b̶̯́̿e̷̝̓͌.̵̝̻͎͑.̵̢̰͚̑́͆͐͜.̴̪́́̎́̚

I... ugh, my apologies, Master. In this state, I cannot seem to recall those days. Perhaps this is also my punishment... Still, even if I cannot remember her smile on that day, or the color of the dress she wore... I love her. That expression is enough to make up for these jumbled memories. Back then, I loved her more than I could ever love Constanza. More than I could ever love anything or anyone else in the world. It was the first time I defied my father, and found something else worth fighting for.

I̷͕̺̳̰̱͛ẗ̵̩̌̽̕͝ ̴̱̗̽ḑ̴͛̚i̵͎͍̭̟͋d̵͙̣͙͍̏̓́̕ ̴̡̫͖̫̄̋̆͘ǹ̵̙̠͉̘̲̎̔o̷̯͙͂̿̍̆͒t̵̥̔͊̑́̈ ̸̩͂̽̚͝t̶̪͛̅͗͛͑a̷̟͉̮͐̎̍k̵͍̿̄͒̏̚͝ȩ̷͙̭͔͇͇̏͌̃͛ ̸̥̹̂͑̋̚l̷̟͋̋̉̔ơ̸̢̜͋̂̀͘͝ṋ̴̤̞͚̯̈͂͋̕͘g̸͚̓͒͒̾͊͠ ̷̯͉̻͓̤̿͒́͂ͅb̶̥̘͕̺̣͂̾͊ë̶̗̞͜͜f̸͖̯̅̂͝͠ͅŏ̸̭͛̐͘͝r̸͊̒̀ ͓̱̟̑ͅẻ̴͖̫̙̻̈͗̈́̊͝ ̶̺̠̠̦͔̹̋̈́̊́ǒ̷͇̥̜͙̬̤̆͛͊͠͝ǘ̴̫̻͂͆̆͘r̷̡̘͚͔͉̒̓ ̶̨̘̞͈̫̝͒̂͐l̸͉̣̺̥̍̇o̸̻͙̮̤̖͐͊̄v̶͕̙͔͔̌̿͛̋̏͘e̴̎͗̆͝ ̘͌́ ̴̦͔̦͈̲̰͆̆̂̽́t̶͚̻̥̜̰̥̄͒͝r̴̟̅̈́̂u̵̘̎̇̊̌̆ͅl̷͐͜y̶̽́̄͒̑͝ ̧͉̭ ̶̞̳͒b̸̰̻͖͕̺̈́̈̽̎͝ļ̸̬̣̱̬̋͊̔̓̕͘ǒ̷̰̅͜͠s̴̯̔̅̋͘͘s̴̒̂͆͋ ̦̗ọ̸͚̍͒̾͘͜m̷̹̥̱̑̓̉́̈́͝ḙ̵̗̲̂͆̒̈́̔d̷̦̥̎͑̋́̃ ̸̨̮͒̍̌̆̂į̶̨͇͚̀̅̉n̶͉̓̿̎͆ ̸͉̏̏͝͠ë̷͖̥̠̪͕̣ȃ̴̠͆̚ŗ̵̘͈͓̙͖̃n̴̥͇̖͈̱̜̆̆̎̔̍ễ̸̒̓͒ ̺̮͓̝͉͌ś̷̛̪͠ţ̷͉̻͐̈̓̊̈̏.̴͈̌̉̂ ̶̘͙͈͇͔̝͗͌̒Ṁ̵̘̗̩̑y̵̮͆ ̴̛̮̼̈́̿͜f̵̢̻͕̞̀ͅã̴̤̪̼t̷̝͎̬̫̋̾̑h̷̡̭̙̞̩̣̔͛e̸̢͙̫͆̈́͒͝ͅ ̜̗ȓ̸͗͐̍̓ͅ ̵̧̲̯̒͋́d̵̰̐̍͌̄̚ͅī̴̖̮̪̱̥̿̔̊͝ͅḏ̸̡͖̟̤̬̈́̎́͒ ̸̣̻̈́ņ̸̼́̊͛̋̎͝ͅo̵̲̭̝͍̒͜t̷̜͙́̕͜ ̶̮̹̀̈́̊k̸̼̱̹̄ṅ̵̢͔̠̱̰͒o̶͔̤͓̜͛̅͝ͅẇ̸͕͊̽̕̚.̷̥̄͂̊͝ ͖̦͕ ̴̧̪͉͔͗͛̈́Ĥ̵̰͙̙̇͝e̵̜̭̜͉̓͋̓͘͜͝ ̶̧̺͉̱̥̏̈́͐̋c̶̘̱̝̼͙̬̏͋͆͐̈̅o̷̼̅̃̀̍͝͠ṷ̷̖̬̠̻̺͒̋̎l̷̿̋̋͂ ̧̭̪̹̲̟̔̽d̶̮͇̗̹̏n̸̲̮̞̯̓͘'̷̯̘̑̒ţ̶̆̉̏̌͠.̵̢͖̻̈̉͐̇ ̹̫ ̶̢̙̣̉Ç̵̡̠̺̜͙͋͝o̴̻̚͘n̵̮̯͂̌s̶̺̞̿̽̔͑͆t̷̺̲̫̞̔͋a̵͊̄͂̕͘ ̪̂ǹ̶͍̱͓̺̼͓͆͂z̸̙̟̪̬̺͌ą̶̢̬̭͉̄̀̑͋ͅ.̸̧̛͎̲̫͙̗̄̉̈͠.̷̉̅ ̤̬̣̜͆.̸͈̥̬̜͓̼̒ ̷̳̮̼̩̂͋͊p̶̹̬̹̔͌̈́͛̍̍ȩ̸̛̬̳͙͙͔͑͛̀̆̀r̶̡̛h̵̰̳̤̜͍̿͌͝a̸̋ ̡̺̱̥̪͋͜p̵̻͔̘̿̈́̈s̶̱̫̎̌̔̌̈ ̴̨͎͂̈́̋͛͠s̸̞̺̺͖̻͉̔̀̈h̴̥̺̪̗̄̚ȅ̶͉̻͆̆̀̚͝ͅ ̷̨̣̏͛̊̎̽d̸̛ͅi̵̧̦͕̞̐́̈́͗͝ͅd̶̠̚,̷͈̹̽̕ ̷̞͙͒̇̊ë̴̹̥̰́̄͠v̴̭̳̬̻̰̥́̏̒͌͝è̸͓̗͙̹͍̗̂n̷̘͍͛̏ ̴͖͑͒́̄̕ì̸͎̘́͑̂̚f̷̡̘̫͇̙̠͆̈̂ ̶̗͎͛̆̓̾̅͘s̸̼̞͚͇̲̆͐̉h̵̡͍̱͎̀̎̊͐̿͘ḙ̷͈̣̹́ ̸̛̣͍̻̟͔̈́͆͒͘͝n̷̢̳̂̆ȩ̸̰̩̟̅ͅv̶̛̳͑̄̃̈́̎ͅȅ̸̩̑͝r̵̙͒͂̑͊̒ ̧̡ ̷̡̩̙͍̖̓͂̒̓̃͜ṡ̴̲̌͝e̴̬͙͛͗̂̈́̒ē̴̛̪̜̓̀̄̒m̵̝̣̹̬̮̭̆̀̈́e̵ ͕͖̪͔̣́d̸̨̧̙͚̻̿́̈́̀ͅ ̷̙͋̓t̴͙̯̱̏̈̿o̴̟̐̄ ̴͙͔̥̔̂̂̀͝m̷̡̹̻͑̉̂i̸̘̾̒̊͠n̸̮̞͎̻̻̾́͛̄d̶̡̼͚͍̯̓͌̒͂.̶̆̿ ̣͒̔̚ ̸̨͐͑S̵̤͚̜̰̺̀h̸̢̨̤̰͍̅͛̓̄͂̄ę̷̜̜̣̳̓̏͒͘͝ ̴̛̣̎́ẇ̶̹̰̰̹̜̩̍͛̓̍̊a̴̟̥̖͇͆͆͘ş̴̼̫͍̮̜̌͌̽̀͝ ̶̢͓̹̈́̿̓͝ạ̶̢̢̙͕̰̀̀̔͑́͝ĺ̸̦̪̻̼̫w̷̫͉̲͊͗͂̾͝a̷͍̗̔͒̀͒͑̕ ͔̞̰͓y̵͍͓̩͋̒̀̉̋̕s̶̭̎̌͛̕͘ ̶͖̭̲́̕q̴̺͋̇̊̔u̴̡̿̄̀̋̍i̸͙͔͓̭̞̅̿̃̅͗t̷̨̛̜͓̫̍̆̓̆e̴̋͌̕̕ ̧̭͕͎͇̎ ̵̻͆t̷̡̥͕̅h̷̡̺̗̱̓̕͜è̸̠̟͍̤̬͆̑͛̎͝ ̴͙͇̮̜͋p̵̬̮͇͒ḝ̶̘̘͍͉͐͌r̵̡̳͔͙͛͜ͅc̸̥̬̓̊e̴̛̟̠̭̮͉͂̑̈́̈́̆ ͔p̴̠͐̋̾̌͋͛ţ̶̟̄̂̍į̶̛͎͕̰̍̾̌̀v̴̨͉͎̱͔̩͆̄̋̔̒̊e̸̿͝ ̪̏ ̴̩̬̋͋̚o̵͕͎̯͉̞̐́̓̽͠ņ̵̜̫͉̜̋̀̾͜͠ȅ̶̛̮̼̟̲̦͑̒̂͆.̷̆͛̃̀̐ ͎̖̟ ̶͉̬͚̖͚̏̇̍̂͘P̸͕͔̓̓͂͂̌̿e̸̺̥͋̀͌͋r̶̮̈́́͘ͅh̷̢͇͓̺̼̲̕a̷̒̃̈́ ̰̝͂̈́͒p̵͍̥̙̈͝s̷̢̼͉̲͈̒͊͌́ ̴̜̺̜̥̇̑̋̽̋a̶̳͉̼͆̽̕͜ ̷̨͔̹͍͇̖͑̈́́́̌ṣ̷̛̦̏͂̕m̵̠͂a̸̛͉͂͒͑͝ļ̵͓̺̫͐̎̒l̶̰̹̲̪̈́̾͌ ̨ ̸̥̬̀͋p̷̠̃̓̒̚̚â̶̯̙͇̜̰̬͛̎͆̓͒r̸̢͚͔̙̫̐̏̾̌̊͝t̴̺̻̔̽̏͐̚͠ ̝̯ ̸̩̋͑o̶̩̦̦͎͑̓f̷̯̭̼̹̱͈̊̔͒̅ ̷̡̨̙̉ḿ̸̨̀̏e̴̲͋̉͝ ̸̡̯͈̮͗̑͌̄̏ḑ̷̨̨̪͓̙̌̐̊ï̶̜̪̐̊̎̃͠d̴̳̄̋͝ ̸̫͑̕f̸̮̹̻̳̥̲͂͒e̶̛͍̼͈͕͓͊̀̇̀ë̵͈͕̘̙̟̹́̆̇̍̌l̵̀̓̄͌̊ ̩̲̹ ̶̻͔̩̓͋͑͠͝s̶̛̛̜̔̅̿͑o̶̳̲̻͙͛̚m̴̹̝͍̙̼̜̆̔͆͠e̶̥̬̦̾̒͜ ̜ ̷̢̛̩͕̑̈́̉͘͠d̵̫̈͆̚e̷̼͚̦͗́̈g̸̡͔̳̪̥͑͝r̶̠̞̊͘e̸̻̪͉̎̄́̽͒̈́ ͅę̶̱̖̝̟̤̍̅̒͆̆ ̶͓͒ơ̶̝̖͎̬̔̿̀̂f̸̼̫̠̫̺͎̕ ̷̢̦̌̅̈́̾g̴̡̰̃̀́́̇ͅû̶̡̢̩̜̏͛̓͌ͅi̷̟͠ĺ̶̈́͌̇͛̕͜t̴̆̓ ̣̥̈ ̸̉͂̈́͘͝͠ͅf̶͎̺̪͉̫͑̑͐̒͊o̵̡̺͑͐r̷̨̖̤̠̩̣͊̓̋͝ ̵̖͐́͠ċ̷̝͔̒̊o̸̖͍̲͋̾͐̈́̒̍ǹ̷͕̠̺͙͇̺̅͠c̶̡̨̖͗̇̈́̽̈͑è̷̓̽ ̧̺̝̰̞͑͝a̴̢̞̹̫̖̤̽̏́̊̈l̸̡̛͕̝̘͉̓̔͑i̵̧̠̱̺͖̗̊͌̃̏n̸̙͆͂͛̕ ̞͎͍g̸̟̩̓̌̊ ̷̧̻͙̝̈́̂͌̀t̷͉̬̝̯͇́͆̄̒̈́̋h̶̯͌ḯ̸̝͉̯̹͔͋͐s̶͈̩̐̽̀͂͑͘ ̟͚ ̸̢̤̺͈̻̓͆͠d̴̠͎͉̗̋̅ë̸̺̯͙̗́̐͑̅c̶̹͈͔͍̭̖̎̊̕ẹ̸͌͊̕p̵̒̈̍̆ ̻̦̰͖̻̖t̸̙͎͔̣͂̊i̷͈͉͙̟̟͙̇̿o̷͔̼͘n̴̰̈̿͐͠,̸̧͓̠͎̙̇ ̵̤̣̠̓̈́̆a̷͎̦͗ň̴̡͉͔̭͈̼d̶̫̐ ̴͎̈́̇̈̑̑y̶̗̦̽͊̓̈́̎̈́e̶̛̥͇t̷̛̲͔̼̞͉͛̏̊̍͠,̸̥̓ ̷͕͉̭̹̏̔̽̒͊͝t̶̢̻͚̣͓̭̀͆h̶͈̩̫̯̑̒͜͠ͅę̸̛̲̂ ̵̢͎̝̹͔̉̋̆̓͝͝t̶̡̪͓̟̟̬̄̎̈́̚͝w̴̪̠̩̃̾͋͊̚͝ỏ̶̙ ̶̨͔̯̤̜̈́͒o̷͚̼̠̎̔̒̿̈́f̴̹̊ ̵̡͕̺̯͒̽ư̶͚̹̅ṡ̵̢̤̪̙̏̕̚͜,̸̤̗͊͂̀͒̂͊ ̵̢̪̺̣̞͊w̸̨̝͎͇͈͔̔̒̊e̸͎̠͂̄̀̚-̷̨̲̼̭̈́̅̚

What the... I... cannot seem to recall the details of those few years of happiness either. I suppose I have no choice but to tell you certain parts of this story in broad strokes.

From 1340... soon transpired a certain love affair that spanned more than a decade. One of the nation's most famous and most impactful romances, if your modern sources are to be believed. My father... as much as we tried to keep things secret, he came to know of it not long after, no doubt thanks to the ministers in his court, or the network of spies he placed all around the palace. He did not approve of our relationship. According to him, neglecting my lawful wife, Constanza, would lead to poor relationship with the Castilian nobles she descended from. As for Constanza herself... I cannot say. It would not surprise me if she knew, and yet... she's hardly the most outspoken individual I know, and I've never asked for her perspective on the matter... I suppose that was but the first of many blunders I made. The first of many instances where I chose to close my eyes, all to keep these pleasant dreams alive.

January, 1349. Constanza died in childbirth. Prior to that time, it was as if the two of us had wordlessly agreed to speak nothing of the affair, and maintain at least some image of a royal couple... even if we weren't fooling anyone. Foolish as I was to deny it, I doubt our little act managed to convince anyone. The kingdom mourned, for a time. Yet before I could make my next intentions clear, my father exiled Inês out of his court. Afraid of some complicated political ramifications if I were to officially wed her, my father introduced me to numerous other princesses and noblewomen from across the land. Anyone but her... and I refused each and every one of them. Be it civil wars or political conspiracies, I blindly believed that the power of love alone would be enough to overcome these difficulties. That was the second time I closed my eyes.

A few years later, I gave some of Inês' brothers positions in the royal court. My father, along with a sizable portion of the ministers, disagreed with my decision. He feared that granting Castilians more power in Portugal would lead to a civil war. The Portuguese would never accept laws drafted by outsiders, and the implications towards our external politics, and our relationship with Castile, both with the late Constanza's family, or with Inês', who were just as eager to seize power in our kingdom... the overarching consequences would be massive.

Despite all that, I cared not for such things. I was confident that love alone would fix everything. In time, my father would certainly accept Inês into our family, Inês' brothers would see that mutual cooperation between us would be in their best interests as opposed to greedy power-grabs, and this union would instead strengthen the bonds between our two kingdoms. All I needed was a bit more time. Incompetent and irresponsible as I was, I assumed that they would all understand. I assumed that they would at least be kind enough to put their political ambitions for a moment for the sake of our love, especially if said love might just lead to long-term, prosperous peace between our two kingdoms. That was the third and final time I closed my eyes.

January, 1355.
    Fearing a potential insurrection and spurred by the members of his court, king Afonso IV of Portugal ordered three men to detain and kill Inês de Castro, decapitating her in front of one of her young children.

"All because I naively believed in the goodness of their hearts... no, that is not entirely correct. Having worked with my father and his underlings for so long, perhaps a small part of myself saw this coming. Perhaps deep down, I already knew the atrocities they were capable of. Yet I did not want to see such terrible things, so I willingly closed my eyes and ran away from it all. I closed my eyes... and Inês died because of them. Because of me. Those ideals of love and hope I drowned myself in for so long... they can only go so far. They mean nothing without the power to enforce them. The human heart is an unsightly thing, and turning your eyes away from its darkness would only lead to tragedy. And so... I've had enough of dreaming."

Act 2: The King, Awake
    ...Apologies, Master, that was nothing. My memories from this point on are clear now.

Following Inês' death, I revolted against my father, creating a civil war that almost tore the kingdom in two. After all, if he was so afraid of a potential civil war that he'd kill an innocent woman over it, who am I to deny that war from him? The war held mixed results. Though my father's forces emerged victorious, if just barely, I still managed to execute a number of influential ministers who held sway in my father's court. Those responsible for her murder, directly or otherwise. However, the old man croaked from illness just before I could get my hands on him. An unfortunate turn of events. He should have suffered more. He should have felt the same fear she did during her last moments. What I wouldn't give to see that expression on his face. Alas, the heavens were kind enough to spare him from that fate... not that it would stop me should we meet a second time here.

With no other heir, I was soon crowned as king of Portugal. I sat on my father's throne, surrounded by wealth and luxury. I saw the world as he did... yet that hollow feeling in my chest remained all the same. Years of political intrigue and conspiracies, the sacrifice of his son's happiness and the murder of an innocent woman... was this what my father had sought to protect this whole time..? A hollow throne, and a crown that feels little more than a useless ornament upon my head? The throne is not worth sacrificing your love and happiness for, and even now I struggle to understand how my father could ever think otherwise.

During an episode of grief, spurred by the conniving, two-faced ministers in my court, I exhumed Inês' body, clothed her in luxurious garments, and declared her as the rightful queen of Portugal. I suppose grief makes us all do irrational things sometimes. Even so, I will not apologize for that incident. My ministers (many of them leftovers from my father's generations) still spoke ill of her even after I ascended the throne, regarding her as a witch that threatened to tear the nation apart. Blaming her for the consequences of their own decisions. And so I had them kiss her skeletal hand and address her with the utmost respect. All to cement the fact that I hold a literal corpse much dearer to my heart than a group of scheming, power-hungry nobles who would conceal their unsightly desires in the name of the kingdom's 'best interests'. Some would call it mad, but is it not a requirement for kings to be mad in one way or another? Who's to say sentencing a woman to death for loving a prince cannot be considered mad in the same vein?

My first command as king was to arrest the three assassins responsible for Inês' murder. Said command was only fulfilled a few years later, in 1361, when my men brought two of the three murderers before me. I held a public trial for them, with a foregone conclusion... and then I ripped their hearts out with my own hands. It was the same thing they did to me. With the death of my love, they killed what little faith I had left in humanity. Besides, surely a pair of monsters who would brutally decapitate a woman in front of her child has no need of a human heart. And so, what sense is there in executing them as "humans"? They deserved worse. As for the third man responsible... regrettably, my men failed to find him, despite my best efforts. I wonder if we may meet again in this second life...

Anyway, I ruled for a decade- until my death- as "The Just" and "The Cruel"; two titles born of my love for dispensing justice, and the brutality of the punishments I sentenced upon criminals. After all, deterrence was important to prevent both copycats and repeat offenders. Even if I must discard my own humanity to do so... not that I had any left after her death.

The rest of my reign was a relatively uneventful one. My ministers forced me to take a legitimate wife to "continue the bloodline", if nothing else, and for once I decided to abide by their rules. There was also the Beneplácito Régio, a law I passed due to my belief that not even the church should be exempt from the hands of justice. All in all, I daresay that to a certain extent, the peace during my reign can be attributed to my unwavering sense of justice.

And yet...
    This hollow feeling remains all the same.

Description
    "Hmph, there doesn't seem to be any executions scheduled for today. How boring... you there. Entertain me."

Source

"Justice. It is the only thing that keeps me going in this empty world devoid of love and kindness. Surely you know how I personally oversaw trials and public executions back in the day. At times, I even delivered the killing blow with my own hands. Ever since her passing, those moments were the only times I came close to feeling... something in my chest. These executions would not bring her back. I know that much. However, if I were to wash my hands now, then... her death would be rendered meaningless. At the very least, I sleep a little better at night knowing that by my hands, at least one less person would not have to lose their love, or their parents, to the hands of 'evil'. Aah... I want to drown in the knowledge that I am right."

Dislikes:
    "Villains. Monsters who threw away all that is beautiful in this world; love, kindness, hope... all for a shot at power and influence. It's addicting, isn't it? Some say that pragmatism is the only way to succeed in a world as cruel as this one, but I disagree. That is only the case because the very same people in power chose to maintain this rotten system. I shall tear it all down in the name of my 'justice'. As I said, love will win, even if everything else must burn in the process."

Bond 5
    "What I like... outside of enacting justice... I wonder if there was anything else before then... Before that tragedy, me and Inês, we used to..."
    "Ugh, I... still can't remember. How we spent our days, the jokes that made her laugh, affectionate nicknames we had for each other, her favorite afternoon snack... These memories, they tease me. They always seem to be just at the tip of my tongue, but I can never bring myself to recall any of it. Still, even if I were to one day forget everything else... I will surely remember her, and my feelings will remain the same, come what may."

Dislikes:
    "Fools who mutter platitudes such as 'everything will be all right', without taking a single measure to ensure it. I was much the same once, which may explain my disdain for their kind. You will not be able to protect anything or anyone by running away. If reality infringes upon your ideals, do not avert your eyes. Fight it with all your might. Earn your happy ending. And if your ideals ever become a threat to mine? Fear not, for I'll be sure to cut you down then and there."

Wish:
    "Até o fim do mundo; until the end of the world... What do you think, Master? I came up with that phrase myself before my death. Hmph, so much for that promised reunion, since you summoned me a few thousand years too early, if not longer. Sigh... I wonder if there will ever be an end to all this fighting. A day when my judgment is no longer necessary. When that day comes... I want to see her. I want to see her more than anything else in the world. You have absolutely no idea just how much I've longed for her. So many words still unsaid, and-"
    "...My apologies, it appears I've lost my composure for a brief moment. The man standing before you now has no right to dream of such pleasantries. Not yet. Not yet..."

The hollow king. Avenger is a man capable of smiling, joking, and gentle pleasantries, yet underneath those surface-level interactions, his every word feels... empty. Emotionless. Heartless. This aspect of his shows itself best whenever he assumes his role as a so-called "administrator of justice". Befitting of his two monikers, his sense of justice is brutal. Unwavering. Almost mechanical. No amount of heartfelt pleas or genuine tears could change his verdict once it is made. Regarding the brutality of his punishments, Avenger takes no pleasure in executing them (or so he says). Rather, he takes pleasure knowing that his actions may have saved someone else from the same tragedy he experienced ("Granting leniency towards evil simply means postponing an inevitable tragedy at best, or indirectly taking a life with your own hands at worst. Evil must be purged without mercy.").

It goes without saying, but while Avenger makes for a terrifyingly effective judge, jury, and executioner, he has neither the talent nor interest to become king. For one, he cares little for the long-term effects of his decisions beyond pronouncing his defendants "guilty" or "innocent". As an example, if executing a corrupt foreign diplomat would mean an all-out civil war with another kingdom, he would execute them without hesitation, ignoring whatever catastrophic implications his actions would bring. Secondly, his definition of "justice" is strictly black and white, with little room for nuance. Even if certain mitigating factors were to come to light, so long as he considers the defendant "guilty", he would punish a pickpocket and a serial killer in the same way, all with the same dead, disinterested look in his eyes. It is fortunate that his sense of justice (usually, for the most part) aligns with the common folk's (protect the weak, punish criminals, etc.). However, should a situation ever arise where he deems these people "evil" for any reason, he would commit all manner of atrocities upon them without a second thought.

Deep down, as hypocritical as it may sound, Avenger is an inherently selfish individual. He was always an idealist, but the death of his love changed something in him. Acknowledging that one cannot run from the dark truth of reality, he instead resolves to overturn it. It's as if his coping mechanism changed from "running away from responsibilities" to "ruthlessly crushing
    evil
    responsibilities
    through sheer might". It can be argued that he has good intentions. His methods however... ("Love will win. I will personally ensure it. No matter what...")

On a lighter note, Avenger secretly enjoys consuming all manner of romantic media, including sappy romance dramas, novels, and shoujo manga. Since he has trouble recalling just what sort of person his late love was, he enjoys filling the blanks in his memories by self-inserting themselves into these works. Occasionally, one may see the terrifying monarch giggle like an innocent schoolgirl or grossly sobbing at some cliched romantic scene. It's best not to bring this up though, lest one wants to be tried for... lese-majesty (or some other equally vague charge).

Relationships
    Pope Alexander VI:
    "Are you seeing this, Master? This man alone is a walking proof that the Beneplácito Régio is not only justified, but necessary. No institute should be exempt from the omniscient eyes of justice, lest you would be letting monsters like them walk free. Those who protest against its implementation can be considered guilty by association. Now, 'Father'... shall we begin your hearing?"

Alcibiades:
    "Despite all the chaos you've wrought upon your homeland, I can't help but admire your convictions. That determination to do what you think is right, despite all the sacrifices. Even if it means leaving a trail of misery and destruction upon your wake... there's something about those convictions I've always respected. Ah, but that is that, and this is this. I suppose I should try you as nothing more than the war criminal you are. En garde."

Robin Hood (Schinderhannes):
    "A monster who hides under the mask of heroism. The lowest of scums. The gallows would be far too merciful for you. Even if the people should praise your name and demand your freedom, my verdict cannot be changed. Afterwards? I'll execute them too, of course. Your sinful ideology cannot be allowed to exist, after all. Evil is evil, no matter how many misguided voices are convinced otherwise."

Okita Rintaro:
    "I see, so you too have lost someone dear to you... why don't you join me as captain of my new personal army? I could use people with your unwavering sense of justice by my side. Together, we shall create a world where people like my love or your sister will never have to fight or suffer ever again."

Anna Pavlova:
    "I was never a patron of the arts during my life, but I suppose I can see the beauty in your performance. Ahem, on a more important note... there is no need for you to change, child. It is the world that should change. If the world rejects your ideals... fight back. Overturn it with your own. Dance, until the world has no other choice but to accept you. That's what I did."

Carl Tanzler:
    "A... double date..? My apologies, but I must decline. Wake up, doctor. Do not run away. Do not avert your eyes. You've known all along, haven't you? About your wife, I mean. All that's left is to take the next step with that little project of yours."

Sword of Damocles:
    "You... It would have been one thing if the sword falls solely on my head. I've always known that I am a failure as a king. But Inês! WHAT DID SHE EVER DO WRONG!? WHAT DID SHE DIE FOR!?"
    "Enough. I deny you. Even if I must throw everything else away, if I must forfeit my own life in the coming battle... I will erase you."

Hans Axel von Fersen:
    *Their relationship is amicable, but awkward. Between the Swedish Count who lost his love at the hands of self-righteous peasants, and the Portuguese king who lost his love at the hands of royalty... as much as they sympathize with each other, they mostly shy away from more sensitive topics*

Robert Dudley:
    "A man who loved the queen with all his heart, despite the tragic ending said love brought to him. I wonder if that was how she felt on the other side... Even so..."

Pedro I of Brazil:
    "To think I was remembered enough for my descendants to name a child after me... I must say, I was never much of a father to my own children. I spent years following Inês' death pursuing my grand visions of justice that it left me little time for anything else. Still... that feeling of guilt and loss... I suppose I am familiar with it. This may not mean much, coming from a great grandfather you've never known, but would you like to join me for afternoon snacks? I hope the burdens of kingship had not treated you too harshly during your time."

"
    Princess Isabel
    Pedro II
    of Brazil"
    :
    "Another child who bore my name? No... that's not the case here, is it..? I see, so you are..."
    *There is much to be said between the two. Their unwavering convictions. Their flawed sense of justice. Their hatred towards the world that rejected their ideals. Their desire to be free. However, at the moment, the king can only offer the princess a silent, grandfatherly hug. That's just what happens when you meet someone so similar, yet so different from yourself*

Bond CE
    The Price of Sin
    ~ ♬ ~

The prince kicked open the door, desperation in his voice.
    He muttered prayers with every breath, wishing just for a little more time.
    As the door swung open, he was greeted by a nightmare.

"No, that was not a nightmare. You can wake up from nightmares. I could not wake from that sight before me then."

This noise... is this... crying? Who was that..? John..? What is that boy doing here..?
    Take him out! Take him out, anyone! He shouldn't be here!

As the knights escorted the child out of the premises, I was left alone with the body. The room was silent.
    I knelt beside her. The smell of blood was overwhelming, and my once pristine white robes were stained crimson.
    Her limbs were cold and unmoving. Her expression frozen, with a trail of tears in her eyes. Tears she shed during her final moments.

"​No, no, this can't be happening..."

I could not begin to imagine the pain and suffering she went through, all because of her love.
    She died in a world that could not accept her love towards me.

I wanted to run.
    I wanted to scream.
    I wanted to throw everything away and disappear.

It was all my fault for believing that we would be able to continue reliving those joyful days.
    I wanted to end it all.
    And yet...

Do not run.
    Do not avert your eyes.
    Wake up.
    Burn this image to your eyes.
    Carve this pain to your heart.

I see now...
    This pleasant dream I've deluded myself in for so long...
    Ignorance is not bliss.
    Ignorance is a weakness.
    The moment I close my eyes, those dear to me will get hurt.
    And so...
    Weakness must be purged, along with the heap of human filth that made this tragedy possible.

As I cradled her head on my lap, I closed her eyes, and opened mine at last.
    I made a vow that day.
    "Even if I were to lose myself and forget everything else... I will never forget this day."

Até o fim do mundo

Creator's notes
    If I get a nickel every time I write an angsty, noble-born Avenger who lost the love of their lives to decapitation, I'd have two nickels, which isn't much, but it's weird how that happened twice.

- Del's fc recommendation actually shaped a significant part of this sheet. At first I was just looking for a dullahan, or a woman with a decapitated head. They would have this aesthetic similar to Ryoma-Oryou, just more serious. Instead, from Del's suggestion, I found this dark, gothic one with the face covered. That soon evolved into an entire NP, as well as that bit about his memory problems.

- You know that creepy mental shutdown scene from Persona 5? That's where I got another idea for that NP.

- For the first NP, I thought of some way to integrate his two titles into the sheet, be it as a Skill or NP. I had no idea how to do it though, until the two swords on the fc gave me the idea. That one may or may not be necessary, though.

- Many stories usually feature a young, idealist hero versus a jaded, cynical villain. For this character, I decided to take the "hero" and pump up that youthful, change-the-world idealism to eleven. The result is, well... a guy who sees the darkness of the world, yet single-mindedly insists on erasing that darkness, even if it means erasing the world along with it. He'd probably debut as a tragic villain in a story chapter, but he also has some good sides... right..?

- Alright, with all that said and done... can I be an honorary member of the cool Brazil gang now? Eh? Whaddaya mean he's not Brazillian? He's gotta be close enough, right?
    Last edited by BnEl15; July 20th, 2022 at 01:18 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This is the edgiest servant sheet i have read so far. I love it.

Blog Entries
    Oh, as far as edge goes, my Watcher Jack is worse imo. This is like 50% angst and 50% edge. That one is 100% edge.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sitting on the chairs that they had brought with them, Rider of Silver and Kong Jianyu watched as Archer of White and Lancer of Silver fought one another on the rooftops below. “Are you sure that the barrier will hold, Rider? We are not prepared to take on either one of them just yet.” Questioned Jianyu, taking a moment to note the design of Lancers spear. There may be a clue to the servants identity in that.

The black form of his armoured servant simply shook his head, wavy on of his arms as if to brush off the concern. “Whilst your concern is appreciated my student, it is unwarranted. Unless one of them has a master on the level of a Shenxian, my barrier will not be noticed. And no matter how acute their senses, Archer and Lancer cannot allow their concentration to slip in this battle. By the time they can risk such a distraction, we shall be gone.”

Whilst he spoke, Rider continued to note his own observations of their opponents. Both master and student agreed on one thing. Knowledge would be the key to victory. However, a third voice broke the silence. “While I admire your confidence, Old Master, and it is well founded, you should listen to your master, he has keen senses.”

Whipping around, Rider and Jianyu were faced by the smiling face of a man with longer silver hair standing on the top of a long metal pole that was connected to the side of the building. With speed beyond what Jianyu could comprehend, Rider had responded with a lance of heat cast towards the newcomer. Smile never dropping, and with similarly ridiculous speed, the man dodged around the attack. “Now, now dear Xian! That is quite rude! You don’t even know why I’m here.”

Jumping from his perch, the man extended wings of pure energy. Those wings both served to slow the silverets fall, and to launch beams of light at the two. Whilst Jianyu did not even have the time to respond before the light pinned him in place, Rider had a moment to try and act.

“Taiji Tu.”

Those words echoed through the roof as markings spread across the floor, and Rider's body. Ethereal light gathered together, forming together to make a scene straight from an anime.

With no effect.

With Rider now trapped like his master, and the figure landing on the ground, the man began to speak again. “Hmm, a good attempt, but this is not my Phantasm. I don’t want you dead, afterall! Now… I have an offer for you both, Kong Jianyu, Laozi.

Serpent in the Garden of Infinity:
    Prologue: 6th Tokyo Great Grail War, Ultimatum
    Crosser of the Vast Branches
    Time: A.D. 2054
    Lost Depth: E-

First Ascension

Second Ascension

Third Ascension

Final Ascension

Class: Rider
    Other Class:
    Caster, Foreigner, Ruler
    True Name:
    Laozi
    Titles:
    The Old Master, Founder of Philosophical Taoism, The Tao Manifest
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Region of Origin:
    China

Height: 5’8”
    Weight: 71kg
    Dislikes: Control, Unnecessary violence, Coffee
    Talents: Teaching philosophy, Chinese Medicine, Confusing explanations

Parameters:
    Strength:
    B
    Endurance:
    B
    Agility:
    C
    Mana:
    EX
    Luck:
    C
    Noble Phantasm:
    A

Appearance:

Laozi is an old man with a body that definitely doesn’t match. Despite his advanced age, his body is extremely fit and in shape. That body is also covered with a pair of body spanning tattoos, one that bears no resemblance to any human culture, which is in silver and white, and the other that is made up of ancient Chinese symbols, done in black.

Lore

The existence of Laozi is a confusing question, as there are numerous contradicting tales surrounding the great master. In some, he was a normal, if long lived, man who helped consolidate the teachings of Taoism before dying. In others, he is an incarnation of the supreme deity of taoism who helped spread the teachings across Asia. And yet in others he is entirely fictional, existing as a conglomerate of authors distilled into a single entity.

To truly understand the life of Laozi, one must look at the man’s base origins. Not his birth, because in truth, Laozi was never born. Instead, one must cast their gaze to the year 12,000 BC and the arrival of the Umbral Star and its Arks. The Ark that contained the unit that would later be referred to as Velber-01 landed in the Antarctic. From there it would move through Oceana and to Asia, where it would be stopped by the champion of an Alien Presence who could alter the fundamental concepts of something, without altering that which is built on that foundation. In essence, it was stopped through interaction with its direct antithesis.

To expand, Velber-01 could be said to exist as a unit that specialised in preservation, compared to the destructive power of 02 or the paired evolution and creation of 03. It carried out its role of destroying civilization by warping the physical laws of the world around it, stripping them so that it can take in the base nature of the world, its origin, which it takes in and uses to grow itself.

This process was even mirrored in its design, a mutable biomechanical outside that contained an immutable energy being within. These features would lead to the titles it gained, specifically, the God Machine and the Black Mechanism. However, its true name would actually later be attributed to a god created through the corruption of the oral traditions of the humans who survived it. That name was Dyeus.

Whilst the corpse of Velber-01 was not within China, parts of it would be taken to ancient China by members of the Summit Court, so as to help in the creation of the Philosophy Foundation. This is how the Cerebral Corpus that would become Laozi would come to his homeland.

Before this Cerebral Corpus could truly form its own ego, the Pure One known as Daode Tianzun, one of the three supreme deities of the Taoist pantheon, chose to use it as a shell for one of his incarnations. Notifying a devout follower of his to the location of the child through a vision of a falling star, the follower would go on to raise Laozi for sixty two years before introducing him to society. From this event comes the story of Laozi’s sixty two year long virginal birth.

During this time, Laozi had been extensively instructed in the beliefs of Taoism, as well as in philosophy magecraft. This training allowed him to quickly ascend the ranks of the Zhou court, eventually becoming a keeper of records. He would come into contact with a number of other great philosophers, such as Confucius, who he advised as a senior contemporary.

All the while, he would continue to spread the idea of taoism. He did this without pride or happiness, feeling it was duty assigned to his existence. It is notable that, just like his younger sisters, he was granted a role in life that mirrored the one he had as an anti-cell. The tenants of Taoism, to follow the Tao, or flow, of the natural world to improve on oneself, regardless of the constraints of society mirroring his method of destroying civilization.

To extend the time available to carry out this task, Laozi would work upon his own magecraft, eventually becoming a Xian. However, as the restrictions upon his philosophy key were removed in accordance with this ascension, his nature as the Cerebral Corpus of Velber-01 would synergise with the pieces of Dyeus inside the philosophical foundation. This synergy would grant Laozi memories of his original existence, both as the Black Mechanism, and before becoming an incarnation of Daode Tianzun.

This knowledge wore on the great master's mind, and eventually, he would decide to depart from China and reunify with his true boddy. This plan was concocted in an attempt to ascend to the status of Shenxian, separating himself from the existence of Daode Tianzun and finally allowing him to be his own person, outside the whims of any other but the Tao.

Disguising this venture as a disgust to the fallen state of the Zhou court and taking with him the Paopei he had created, he left for the border. He would be stopped by the official in charge, Yin Xi, and would create the Tao Te Ching at the man’s request to put his teachings into writing.

Whilst his venture was not simple, and he had a number of disastrous encounters along the way, including losing an arm to Zhenren who had not yet achieved self-consciousness, although he would cause her eventual settling in china. In the end, Laozi would succeed in his quest and reunite with his first body. Yet, an unexpected development occurred.

Laozi was correct in thinking the process of once more taking the body of the God Machine would elevate him to the status of a Shenxian. But, a shenxian is not strong enough to separate themselves from a Tianxian, let alone one on the level of Daode Tianzun. Instead, a completely unexpected outcome was reached.

As Laozi was still an incarnation of Daode Tianzun, their existences were connected. With the addition of Dyeus to Laozi, the numerical value of the great master's power became greater than the Pure One. This led to Laozi subsuming Daode Tianzun. Such an event occuring with beings of such an incomprehensible level of power caused it to ripple throughout history. In both directions.

Throughout time, the consciousness of Daode Tianzun was replaced with that of Laozi, up to the pure one's very origin. And so, Laozi received teachings from Hongjun Laozu. Now being his own person, alongside his new master's teachings, he would settle the concerns he had during his life. Laozi would go on to participate in the conflicts depicted within the Investiture of the Gods, fighting alongside Yuanshi, and by extension his student Taigong Wang.

As he once more approached the time of his own mortal life, Laozi realised he would have to create himself, so as to avoid Quantum Time Lock. The life he led as Laozi the man, and later Xian, had too much of an effect on history to be sidestepped. And so, he would sequester himself within his celestial body, allowing Daode Tianzun to rise to the surface. For a century beforehand, and during the life of Laozi, Daode Tianzun existed, and at all other times the third Pure One was Laozi the Tianxian.

This is why the switch of control had no impact on history, as it was always fated to happen.

And so, this is the full story of Laozi… well, except for the events concerning a certain darling in distress Buddhist monk and her three students, but that is for another time.

My life was complex, and whilst I have all the memories, even I find the events odd. However, I will say this much. I do not care that I created myself, that it was my decision that brought me forth. My life was still designed, and I detest that fact, no matter who was responsible.

Personality

Laozi, in his present form, can be called a snapshot of the mind and body he had during his journey to the body of Dyeus. Whilst he has the memories of his whole life, it has little effect on his personality.

Laozi is a divided man at heart, as he struggles with what he considers two opposing ideas. Throughout his life, he was seeped in the philosophy of the Tao, from teaching at a young age, to becoming a famed teacher of the philosophy. Due to this, he unconsciously follows the precepts of Taoism, trying to be kind and genial in all things whenever he interacts with others.

However, due to the knowledge he has gained of the circumstances of his life, he is not happy with this. There is a deep seated part of him that believes that these attributes are an artefact of decisions that were forced upon him. Due to this, he will at times willfully act contrary to the standards he held so close in life. This leads to what seems like a very unstable outlook, where sometimes he is very well spoken and eloquent, while at others he is crude and harsh. There is a pattern though, in that he has a higher chance of being contrary to Taoist ideals while around enemies.

Regardless, at his core, Laozi is a person who values free will and effort highly. It is a firm belief of his that a person should always be allowed to choose their own path in life, but should be expected to work towards it. This actually reflects greatly in his relationship with his master.

Laozi treats his master like a student, trying his best to guide and inform them of possibilities whilst not impeding their own decisions. Whatever path his master takes, he will always try and support them. However, if he sees his master beginning to slack, he will first try to invigorate them kindly, before resorting to more harsh tactics to get them back on track. He believes in listening to his student as well, as to be a completely domineering teacher who has no time for the plights of a student is not conducive of free will.

Are you thinking of his offer, my student?

Yes Laozi, I am. As intriguing as it is, I stand neutral. My goal can be reached with or without such things… but what of you Laozi? What is his offer to you?

It is enticing, my student. I fight in this war for a wish that I dearly want, but know is harmful. My life was important, and must go the way it did for history not to declare it wrong. Yet… I was the pawn of so many. Of the star, of the gods, even my own celestial self. To have a world where I could lead a life controlled by no others dangled in front of me… it is enticing. More so than my current idea to be reborn in the modern age.

Relationships

Taigong Wang: Student of one of the other Pure Ones, hmm? I remember you, quite the cunning one. However, I am not the Laozi of your time, nor will I ever be.

Consort Yu: Ah, it is you! What, you don’t remember me?! Lose an arm to a woman and she forgets you, unexpected. Regardless, I am happy you were able to live your own life.

Buddha: I know I will fight beside you, but to think I was ever enough to even think to compare to you…

Tamamo no Mae: You are like another I have met, or is it will meet? Regardless, it is sad to hear what happened to you. I hope you will not be unjustly punished in this life.

Altera: My sister, in a fashion. I am unsure if I envy or pity her. She was a machine of destruction, but she at least chose to be that… after a fashion.

Foreigner Servants: You. The… things inside you remind me of that which halted Dyeus. Apologies, but I do not feel comfortable around you.

Tyrants: To strip those you rule of their free will, you bastards are the worst sort of beings. I have some anger to work out, and I think I have found the perfect target.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: –

The skill that shows one's ability to nullify magecraft. Whilst this is a skill normally featured within the saint graph of a rider like Laozi, it is sealed thanks to the presence of one of his Noble Phantasms, and by extension his Wuji skill.

Would you have preferred to keep this, Laozi?

Hmm, I suppose a trade was required, but whether it was worthwhile or not… that is still to be decided, my student.

Riding: A+

The skill that denotes one's ability to ride things, ranging from horses and chariots to motorcycles and star fairing ships. Laozi is adept at riding a vast number of beasts, including those of the Phantasmal Species up to the rank of Divine Beast, such as his Noble Phantasm. However, even at this rank, Laozi would not be able to ride an entity of the dragon kind.

Whilst direct stories of his riding are limited, Laozi gains this skill at the displayed rank due to the fact that, to ride one as great as BanJiao Qingniu, one must have extraordinary power, and more importantly for this situation, skill.

As impressive as BanJiao Qingniu is, it actually isn’t that difficult to ride him. While he is faster than me, it isn’t by much. Honestly, it’s the fact he just does not stop moving that made him so worth it.

Huh, I wondered why you said taking the train would be better to get here.

And now you know.

Divinity: B-

An ability that shows one's aptitude as a divine spirit, to the point that those with a rank of A or above only fall short of the Throne of Gods due to lacking a Divine Core. Laozi, as an Incarnation of a deity on the level of Daode Tianzun/Tianxian Laozi, would usually reside in this category.

However, due to his distaste for this fact, and rejecting his connection to said deity, he has decreased this skill from its original A rank to its current level.

You’re unhappy.

I am. It may be a fact I was a part of a god, but to have to acknowledge that bastard’s manipulations even now does not make me happy.

But… he’s you.

That makes it worse, student.

Civilization Erosion: C

A subconscious skill of Laozi and other heroic spirits who were the Cerebral Corpi of Anti-Cells in life. It breaks down the form of objects he possesses so that they become the best form currently suited for him.

This skill is one that is only used to facilitate Taoist arts, as he will always end up forming them into materials best suited to facilitate his Philosophy Magecraft or Three Treasures Cultivation.

Where did all the reagents come from? This is far more than we had originally.

Ah, that would be my doing, student. I reduced some of the captured artefacts into a more useful form. I may not be my little sister, but my skill still has its uses.

Personal Skills

Philosophy Magecraft: A+

Laozi was a lifelong practitioner of the Magecraft of the far east, mainly thanks to the devotee that would become his mother. Due to this, he is in possession of a philosophy key. Although he favours Xian arts and Taoist mysteries, he is capable of utilising spells of other categories.

Whilst his access is expansive, he is not able to access the privileged domains in this form. However, due to synchronisation with the parts of Velber-01 within the philosophy foundation, his spells have been boosted in power. This renders the greatest of his mysteries as existing beyond the boundary of power between the magecraft of the privileged domains and the regular magecraft available.

In summation, Laozi’s strongest spells are privileged domain level, without being privileged domain magecraft.

Huh, expected a legend like you to have access to those domains.

Whilst I am a Xian, I am not a Shenxian, and those privileged domains are their domain. However, it doesn’t mean I fall short in power.

As you have proved, Laozi. As you have proved.

Crest of the Star(Tao):
    EX

An expansive set of markings that are present on Laozi’s body that do not stem from China but from a source alien to this world, Velber. However, it has been slightly modified from its base form, both by the nature of Velber-01 and Laozi.

By running mana through it, Laozi is able to enhance his body's ability to interact with the primordial forces that embody the Tao. This boosted interaction allows some of his other abilities, such as Taiji Tu and Three Treasures Cultivation, to function at enhanced levels.

Soooo… a cheat code.

Essentially, yes.

Wuji: B

Wuji, that which represents the Primordial Universe in Taoism. Through this skill a person draws connection to the foundations that make them up as they return to infinity. Laozi possesses this skill almost entirely due to the presence of his Taiji Tu Noble Phantasm. Whilst Laozi is not fully returning to the primordial form of all things, he is taking a step towards the artificial root of the philosophy foundation. Towards Velber-01.

Thanks to this step towards the Black Mechanism, parts of it have begun to form on him. Mainly, this takes the form of the malleable biomechanical shell of Dyeus and the Magical Energy Absorption skill. Why the shell adds only a rank increase in durability, the Magical Energy Absorption skill is more impactful.

Magical Energy Absorption works as an inverse of the Magic Resistance skill, where the more intelligent design is present in the spell, the easier it is to break it down and absorb it. At the rank Laozi possesses, the same rank as his Wuji skill, only spells with the complexity of a single action or below will affect him. This skill has no effect on Noble Phantasms.

Hmmm, doesn’t this make it easier for you to be targeted by spells? After all, it’s a lot easier to throw out a single action spell than a grand ritual.

Perhaps, but it is a gamble. If an enemy begins with a grand ritual, it will only strengthen me, and they will avoid more spells. Yet, if they start with a low level spell and it works, they may think it is simply due to a lack of resistance, and will attempt stronger spells. A win-win either way, as long as those ‘low level’ spells are not powerful enough to be a death sentence.

So, the Casters are a problem.

Indeed student.

Three Treasures Cultivation: C

The skill shows one's utilisation of the internal alchemical practices noted within Taoism and ancient Chinese medicine. During his life, Laozi used these methods to achieve his status as a Xian. A more martial manifestation of Taoist mysteries, these techniques are widely shown in the genres of Wuxia and Xianxia fiction. Fundamentally, it is separated from magecraft not only because of ite martial arts basis, but also due to its usage of the three Taoist treasures, Jing; Qi and Shen, rather than magic circuits.

Due to the level of Xian that Laozi attained in his current incarnation, he has this skill at a middling rank. Whilst this level of ability is fearsome, the gap in ranks is significant in application. However, due to the effects of another skill, he can function with the power of the next rank, if not the breadth of ability.

As you thought, I have the ability to help you reach your goal, my student. Like a student of the Emei school, you will be one who deserves the title Xian.

Thank you Laozi I- did you just make a reference to the legend of the mountain swordsman.

Yes. I have quite the appreciation for this modern Xianxia and Wuxia my homeland has created.

Noble Phantasm

Mount of the Master, First and Greatest of the Si
    BanJiao Qingniu

Anti-Army: A
    Range: 1~100
    Max Number of Targets: 314

BanJiao Qingniu is the mount of Laozi, upon which he would leave China to embark upon his journey to find the body of Velber-01. It would later become an opponent of the Great Sage Equaling Heaven, however that possibility is a long time in its future. BanJiao Qingniu is a Si, a type of phantasmal beast that is similar to a mundane rhino or buffalo. In fact, he is the very first Si, progenitor of all others. This leaves him as a powerful entity of the Divine Beast class.

As a Si, BanJiao Qingniu has incredible defensive statistics, being more comparable to a walking fortress than a living creature. Due to their innate connection to the Phase of Wood in the five phases, it has control over the growth of plant life and the movement of the wind. Under both his own wisdom, and the commands of Laozi, BanJiao Qingniu will use these powers to trap and restrain opponents to be dealt with by Laozi or crushed by his own immense weight.

Whilst BanJiao Qingniu was a mount used to cover immense distances, it was through endurance and not speed that this was accomplished. Therefore, when it needs to deal with enemies who are exceedingly far away, it will use plantlife to crush him in place of his own bulk, uncaring of the fact this consumes more magical energy.

Furthermore, as the Si are furred beasts, and his nature as a Divine Beast gives BanJiao Qingniu an attribute of heaven, he has a minor connection to the Phase of Metal. This only serves to increase his defences and grant a few natural weapons which the beast can cleave and stab with.

Finally, when performing a true name release, BanJiao Qingniu’s control over wind and plants is massively boosted for a time, allowing him much greater control and more expansive utilisations. However, BanJiao Qingniu is a simple soul, and if left to his own devices, will only use this boost to send egregiously large waves of these elements forth to crush his masters opponents, and usually anything relatively close by as well.

Wow, he’s pretty lazy.

Not exactly, BanJiao is simply… simple. If he were just lazy, he would not listen to the commands I give him, or even help me in the first place. Despite his flaws, he’s a wonderful companion.

I’ll take your word for it Laozi.

Diagram of the Progression of the Singular to the Multiple, Version: Incomplete
    Taiji Tu

Anti-Treasure: B+
    Range: 1
    Number of Targets: 1

The Taiji Tu, a part of Taoist philosophy, and a legendary Paopei wielded by Laozi at almost all times of his life. At this point of his life, Laozi was still creating the diagram, and had not yet connected the Wuji, that which would symbolise the distilled existence of infinity. This was because Laozi did not yet fully comprehend what such a thing was. Therefore, to fill this gap in the Noble Phantasm, an immutable singularity that Laozi did understand has been substituted. The energy being at the centre of Velber-01.

This has somewhat changed how the diagram works, but that concerns the true name release. Its basic features, whilst suffering a reduction in range and change in aesthetic, retains its effects. These effects can be summarised as the ability to suppress and control the world around Laozi. These effects only occur at a contact level, and are accompanied by a veil of energy covering the part of Laozi that is currently using the ability. Above all, the effects must be consciously activated and cannot effect that which is separate from the world.

In other words, the passive effect of this Phantasm grants Laozi a point blank Marble Phantasm, which can only affect the world directly interacting with Laozi’s body. Due to this, Laozi has expanded the area of his body to best utilise this.

The true name release of the Noble Phantasm is used in response to the activation of enemy Noble Phantasms. When this is done, a large diagram is spread across the body of Laozi and the area beneath his feat. When the other Noble Phantasm comes in contact with the area, it is immediately sealed and a copy is made. This copy is then connected to the energy being core, and from then on the passive effect of the Noble Phantasm will have an altered attribute in line with the Trapped Phantasm's abilities. This attribute is able to bypass the usual restrictions of the passive effect, affecting beings separate from the world and having greater range.

This is due to Velber-01’s trait of taking in the truest form of something else to empower itself. However, doing so alters the base trait of the Noble Phantasm, meaning that it cannot be used to seal another Noble Phantasm and gain a new effect until the currently Trapped Phantasm is released. This is done with no harmful effect, other than engaging a short cooldown period in which the phantasm cannot be used. In exchange, the user of the Noble Phantasm that was sealed cannot release its true name again until this occurs.

Finally, this imperfect form is not without its weaknesses. Apart from the above one trait at a time rule, it has two other restrictions:
    It cannot work on Noble Phantasms that lack a true name release or some variety.
    It cannot affect Noble Phantasms whose release is overwhelmingly beyond the scale, or better said, Noble Phantasms of the EX rank.

You seem to be unsure of this one, what is the matter, Laozi?

Quite simply, it has never operated like this. The passive effect is what I remember, but in my time it never had more than that. Even in my memory, the truth it contained was not… this. In all, I am still getting practice with this new product.

Modus Operandi

Due to the variety of abilities available to Laozi, he has specific usages for them. Magecraft is specifically used for ranged, area of effect, and utilitarian effects, whilst Cultivation techniques are used for close range combat and physical boosts, and Taiji Tu is the ever present wildcard, although it is always used for hyper mobility. However, as both of these skills can take some amounts of preparation, Laozi will engage in a large amount of information gathering to best optimise his abilities against each enemy.

Furthermore, Laozi prefers one on one combat, so as to format the best counter to a single opponent. However, this doesn’t mean he is inactive until he is prepared for that opponent, as he will use other abilities to shift balances of power. One of his main methods of doing so is targeting opponents with both overwhelming parameters, and trump cards. Using Taiji Tu, he will negate those trump cards, allowing other opponents to eliminate these major threats, leaving lesser ones.

Once prepared for battle, he will try to enter combat with counters and a free Taiji Tu, although this latter part is not always possible. Laozi will first try to eliminate the opponent with his skills, only bringing forth BanJiao Qingniu when the enemy proves to be beyond that. Once BanJiao Qingniu is present, Laozi will either leave him to his own devices to support, or give elaborate strike methods, with no true in-between.

Laozi will also use BanJiao Qingniu as a shield, as his mount's greater durability allows it to survive things that would eliminate Laozi. Finally, the true name release of BanJiao Qingniu is only used if all other methods are not enough to finish the opponent.

At any point, if the Taiji Tu is free, and the opponent uses their Noble Phantasm, Laozi will capture it, and try to capitalise on the opening. This is the only situation where BanJiao Qingniu will have its true named release used without it being a last resort.

Craft Essence

The Cost of the Journey

On a grassy field lie three objects. The first is a small red gourd, with engravings of gold and purple across its surface. Rested atop it was an oblong jade bottle with simple engraving on one side. Finally, lying next to the two containers, was an object wrapped in golden rope, the only clue to what it was being a single finger that was not covered. In the far distance, a figure sat on top of a mount moved away, beginning to ascend a mountain.

My young student, you are already very aware of one simple fact of life. It is not without trials, without costs. I should know, as I lost much on the journey to become my own man. However, no matter what, do not lose those you care for, for that is an item one can never reacquire.

Laozi… why are you telling me this?

Because, I have made my decision on the offer we have been given. However… your decision is the final part of the puzzle. You are not my first student, as many have passed through my care. However, you are the first I have chosen that I know, without a doubt, was through only my own decision. I value you, and I would not force you to change to suit what I want. Yet, I do not wish to lose you. So, what is your decision?

I…I get what I want either way… and I do not wish to leave your side just yet. You have helped me achieve so much, you are the reason I can achieve all this! I… I know what your decision is, Laozi. No, master. So, let us tell him our decision.

Yes, my student. Today, he has gained two more followers.

Developer Notes
    So, part of the inspiration for my variants of Velber-01 and Velber-03 where the C’Tan from Warhammer, The Collector from Marvel and Brainiac from DC for Velber-01 and Doomsday from DC, the Tyranids from Warhammer and the Zerg from Starcraft for Velber-03.

Tried something a little different with this sheet. That is both the new section(s) and finalising the exact lore first before continuing with everything else, rather than just having the outline and finalising lore last.

So, the bootstrap paradox that is a fundamental part of Laozi’s lore was created for three reasons. Mainly, to reconcile his presence in the Investiture of the Gods with his mortal life considering the presence of Velber-01. Secondly, to facilitate why Laozi replaced one of the three great pure ones. Finally, to expand a bit on the concept featured in extra of the time axis being a play thing to high class deities.

This would have been so much easier if Investiture of the Gods wasn’t now a canon event in the Nasuverse.

Fenghuo Putuan is a combination of the cushion the Laozi uses in the Investiture of the Gods to summon what is translated as ‘Genies with Yellow Scarves’ in the translation I read, and BanJiao qingniu his mount from Journey to the West.

So…Tianxian. It is an actual thing in the ranking of the Xains in Taoism, usually featured as the highest rank in more pure taoist sources. Since TM is really doing their own thing with that, I decided to do a thing. That thing is, since Shenxian are god level existences in the nasuverse, the usual next step, the Tianxian, would be of about the same power level as the Bodhisattvas. I’m in the middle of doing a mythological restructure for Taoism to expand upon this concept.

Despite what most believe, the Jade Emperor isn’t the highest god in Taoism. He’s just the highest one who directly rules and isn’t just popping in and out of reality.

So, the powers I gave BanJiao qing niu come from a combination of what I could find on the Si in Chinese myth, general magic abilities of the rhinoceros, and the colour connections of blue/green in Wuxing. This formed the super tough plant rhino/bull you get in the sheet.

So, yes, he isn’t as powerful as a character of his pedigree should be, but I hope that I pointed out well enough in the sheet that this is Laozi on his journey. Essentially, his situation is somewhere between the bad class of Julius Caesar and too early in life like David.

Laozi’s forms go:
    Foreigner: Laozi overcome by the nature of Velber-01
    Caster: Laozi during the Investiture of the Gods
    Ruler: Laozi as he is as a ture member of the Three Pure Ones

Taiji Tu is a fun one for me. It’s gone through a few forms before this one, and so all are canonical. Essentially, every class of Laozi has a different version, and most of them aren’t working with the true form. You’ve seen rider, and Foreigner is essentially where that piece of Velber-01 replaces the entire thing. Caster has Laozi’s godly Authority replace the truth. And Ruler? He gets the real effect. A direct connection to the Root.

Sheet Comments

Teresa Teng: Hmm, a musician as an Archer. This one I'm not sure about as much, but class aside, I really love the overall concept of the sheet! The skills work well, and the personality is quite fitting. I do have to ask why having a NP above C counters her NP though?

Simo Häyhä: And here he is! Another great job Vididii. While Simo has been done a number of times, I think how you went about him is mostly fresh, and the Hassan combo is a nice path. Nice to see the Hassan come forward a bit more here than the one in the Womb thread. Also, the NP is a really nice take on it, and actually works pretty well, considering the basis you used, and some of the shots he is described as taking that seemingly killed people from an impossible angle. Overall, another great job.

Pedro I of Portugal: Wow... just wow. This is an amazing peace of work right here. The personality, the skills, the NP's, everything just works so well together to make a perfect picture. The edge is indeed real, but that is secondary to the rest. Honestly, I think may favourite parts are the second NP, the way you had the Lore as him basically having a conversation about his history, and the veritable pantheon of other sheet you referenced in the relationships. Stellar job man.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 19th, 2022 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    BnEl: WOW! His Noble Phantasms are cool, skills are awesome, and I love his personality. Amazing job!

Blog Entries
    *Looking at the final ascension*... That's gonna give some Taoists a heart attack. Thankfully most if not all of them are not a fate fan, let alone know about this site.

Edit: Of course, I forgot to add a smilie. Now everyone thinks I'm triggered now, just great.
    Last edited by TQG Imaginatorious; July 19th, 2022 at 01:09 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This isn’t even the most culturally insensitive servant posted on here. Remember when someone turned the daughter of the prophet of Islam into a waifu? Remember when royd turned Jesus into a loli?

Blog Entries

Teresa Teng: Hmm, a musician as an Archer. This one I'm not sure about as much, but class aside, I really love the overall concept of the sheet! The skills work well, and the personality is quite fitting. I do have to ask why having a NP above C counters her NP though?
    I love that Laozi! Also, thanks so much for your comments. I updated that line to make it more clear, it's meant to be a mental corruption or bravery typed Noble Phantasm above Rank C.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that Laozi! Also, thanks so much for your comments. I updated that line to make it more clear, it's meant to be a mental corruption or bravery typed Noble Phantasm above Rank C.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    *Looking at the final ascension*... That's gonna give some Taoist a heart attack. Thankfully most if not all of them are not a fate fan, let alone knowing about this site.
    You know, I looked at this comment for a full minute before it hit me what you meant. Gonna be hones, it is meant to represent Dyeus/Velber-01, but yeah... I see it now. Problem is, I literally can't think of a better FC than Netero, and so it was a really fast decision to use his Hatsu for that.

And to echo Nine, I don't even think this is the most culturally insensitive sheet I've done. That award goes to JS(Alter) until I get around to doing Ruler. But that may get extra points because he's the founder of my religion. Eh, c'est la vieNot that I'm proud of cultural insensitivity, just pointing it out.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 18th, 2022 at 10:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Pedro I of Portugal:
    Wow... just wow. This is an amazing peace of work right here. The personality, the skills, the NP's, everything just works so well together to make a perfect picture. The edge is indeed real, but that is secondary to the rest. Honestly, I think may favourite parts are the second NP, the way you had the Lore as him basically having a conversation about his history, and the veritable pantheon of other sheet you referenced in the relationships. Stellar job man.
    Thanks! The first-person lore section is a pretty recent thing I came up with (starting from Rintaro). It doesn't work with every sheet, but when it does work, it does wonders in helping with the characterization.

Blog Entries

Source: Hinatoki

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Carlo Gesualdo, Prince of Venosa
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Italy (16th Century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Height: 190cm
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: Himself
    Talent: Writing chromatic music
    Natural Enemy: Himself, Antonio Salieri
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A simple sword, which appears to be somewhat made of bone
    Catalyst: One of his compositions

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement C: At this rank, he has lost much of his sanity, and his physical parameters receive a Rank-Up. In life, he went insane during and after his murdering of his wife, thus gaining this rank.

Personal Skills:

It Was Not A Crime B: The sublimation of his being judged to be innocent of the death of his wife, who he murdered. This manifests as a "Get out of Jail Free card", essentially causing his existence to be judged "Innocent" of any crimes he commited, making it hard for him to be pinned down.

Singers Of Chromatism C: The sublimation of the group of singers that sung his compositions, as well as the painting depicting him with a group of angelic figures. This skill manifests as a literal Angelic Chorus of weak familiars who float surrounding him. None of them are very powerful, with low ranked statistics, but they have effective singing to channel his music, which also deals damage.

Miserere B: The sublimation of his obsession with getting cleansed of his sin of killing his wife, trying to collect the skeletal remains of his sainted uncle. This manifests as a skeletal ossification effect, as he is dealt damage replacing it with bone slowly. However, this bone burns him, ranking down his Endurance parameter, for as long as it is on him. Coincidentally, the same effect will happen on any Evil enemies touched with the bone.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Disarmonico Rimpiangere
    Chromatism For My Sadness

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 20 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

The sublimation of his highly chromatic and mournful music. When invoked, this Noble Phantasm takes the form of an "Aura" of sorrow and music surrounding him. The music damages ears and deals damage, but also brings the target to their "worst moment" mentally, the time which they most regret. This effect can be resisted by any being which either doesn't hear the music or has a Magic Resistance at B or above.

Lore: Carlo Gesualdo was the Prince of Venosa and Count of Conza. He was also a composer who utilized chromatism in a way that wasn't seen again until the Late Romantic and Early Modern eras of music. He is also known for having killed his first wife and her lover. After this, he tried to be cleansed from his sins, trying to obtain the bones of his sainted uncle to purify him.

Personality: Wildly varying. Sometimes he is immensely self-critical and depressed, sometimes wildly cackling and insane, other times seemingly fairly calm, though something is always bubbling underneath the surface. He holds a massive regret for killing his wife, so his wish would be to have never done that.

Relationships:

Salieri: "That Innocent Monster seems awful, but it's so fun watching him try not to succumb."

Edmond Dantes: "Oh, the Count of Monte Christo. Perhaps you'd like to.. see your greatest regret. Well, let me show it to you once more."

Jeanne Alter: "What..... are..... you..?"

Hessian Lobo: "Running wild, running free, slaughtering... that seems so... wonderful."

Kriemhild: "Your vengeance wasn't good enogh, what a shame, neither is mine against myself."

Lancelot (Berserker): "Now... you and I are the same, aren't we? No, you have virtue in yourself."
    Last edited by jishara; July 19th, 2022 at 01:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    You know, I looked at this comment for a full minute before it hit me what you meant. Gonna be hones, it is meant to represent Dyeus/Velber-01, but yeah... I see it now. Problem is, I literally can't think of a better FC than Netero, and so it was a really fast decision to use his Hatsu for that.

And to echo Nine, I don't even think this is the most culturally insensitive sheet I've done. That award goes to JS(Alter) until I get around to doing Ruler. But that may get extra points because he's the founder of my religion. Eh, c'est la vieNot that I'm proud of cultural insensitivity, just pointing it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    This isn’t even the most culturally insensitive servant posted on here. Remember when someone turned the daughter of the prophet of Islam into a waifu? Remember when royd turned Jesus into a loli?

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be a critique or anything serious. I saw the FA was themed around Buddhism despite the character being a Taoist and decided to make it a joke about it. The sheet was good, especially with how you merged nasuverse lore and real life. I'll be sure to make my jokes actually recognizable as a joke next time (how the fuck did I forget about the similies?)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Servant reactions because y'all are popping some cool ones-

Fitzgerald: EYYYY, the man himself- good shit, as others have said, I really like that NP, but I especially like As though they'd stepped out of the sun, that's a really cool place to source a skill from. Also, Jazz age fucks, makes me think of the Touch the Sky video from Kanye

Jieshehuai Assassin: That is a DEVIOUS first NP- it physically made me make a face like this while reading it- superb sheet

Jieshehuai Rider: Motherfucker, you are SPOILING me with an alt class version, I love seeing that shit- especially when you have the dichotomy between the two, with Rider's skills being a mirror to assassin's NP's, while still doing her own. Great way to keep the legend intact, exceedingly good job with the two.

Louis XI: FUCK YEAH, monster servants! I really enjoy how delightfully full of insidious charm you've made him. Plus, Order of Saint Michael? Really enjoy skills like that, good shit man.

Theresa Teng: RWBY faceclaim? Instant kino- that aside, I really enjoy the sort of simplicity she provides as a servant focused on raw support, which seems to line up quite well with the person she's based on.

Ya Boi Pedro I: Sheets this good make me hard, deadass. I don't think I can sing many more praises than have already been sung, because everything about the portrayal here is pretty much immaculate. Aside from that Faceclaim though, that means he's gotta watch out for people trying to box him~

Laozi: As I stated in the womb, the dude is fucking sick, I adore the Velberkino whenever I see it- that being said, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just a fantastic feeling of otherness to the sheet, a sort of untouchable whimsy that I can't help but grasp at. Superb energy to it, I like the wrong class/too early explanation for his (relative to his other forms) lower strength as well.

Carlo Gesualdo: Y'know, this is a really quality, low-parameter berserker that I'd love to see in something like case files. From a strikingly modern design that becomes more and more ghoulish via oscillation over time, to the superb excellence of that first skill? Man, i wanna see him in a murder mystery/crime thriller type setting. Cool shit mate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Servant reactions because y'all are popping some cool ones-

Fitzgerald: EYYYY, the man himself- good shit, as others have said, I really like that NP, but I especially like As though they'd stepped out of the sun, that's a really cool place to source a skill from. Also, Jazz age fucks, makes me think of the Touch the Sky video from Kanye

Louis XI: FUCK YEAH, monster servants! I really enjoy how delightfully full of insidious charm you've made him. Plus, Order of Saint Michael? Really enjoy skills like that, good shit man.

Theresa Teng: RWBY faceclaim? Instant kino- that aside, I really enjoy the sort of simplicity she provides as a servant focused on raw support, which seems to line up quite well with the person she's based on.

Carlo Gesualdo: Y'know, this is a really quality, low-parameter berserker that I'd love to see in something like case files. From a strikingly modern design that becomes more and more ghoulish via oscillation over time, to the superb excellence of that first skill? Man, i wanna see him in a murder mystery/crime thriller type setting. Cool shit mate
    Thanks so much I really appreciate your feedback

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BnEl: glad that my comments inspired you. The first NP made good use of the FC. If you get a good FC, using it best as you can is just something that sells it even better. Capital E in your name stands for Edge and you deliver
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries

Source
    Class: Moon Cancer
    Other Classes: Beast
    True Name: Y2K "Kay"
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: The Internet
    Stars: 5/5

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: A

Height: 200 cm
    Weight: 112 lbs
    Dislikes: The destruction of technology
    Talent: Destroying technology
    Natural Enemy: Charles Babbage
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Bare hands, glitching technology
    Catalyst: The idea of Y2K

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance A+: As an existence which exists to create the "Doom of Technology", akin to a gestalt nature spirit, Kay gains an extremely high rank in this, resisting magic below the rank of the Age of Gods with ease. More effective against mathematical or technological magic.

Item Creation C: Kay is capable of creating technological items, though they will be immediately destroyed by Tech Bane.

Personal Skills:

Tech Bane EX: As the embodiment of the idea of the Y2K catastrophe, where technology would collapse, Kay gains this at an extremely high rank. At this rank, any form of technology, no matter how advanced, around Kay would immediately start glitching heavily. Kay hates having this, because it does a lot to harm people.

System Expansion B: The fixing of the Y2K catastrophe forced systems to be expanded to bear the weight of four-number dates as opposed to two. This has manifested as a skill which allows Kay to forcibly expand systems, increasing the information they can hold, though this can cause major issues itself, as the system could grow too large to be supported.

2000 A: As an existence created out of the idea of the year 2000, Kay naturally gains this skill. This allows Kay to "be 2000". In other words, this allows them to view 2000 different locations, at the same time, manifesting as ghostly apparations. Kay can also share the view with others, which appears as cracked and glitching television screens showing the location.

Noble Phantasm(s):

The Millenium Bug
    Computer Apocalypse

Type: Anti-City
    Range: 355 Miles
    Max Targets: 10000 people

The "Ultimate Y2K catastrophe" people envisioned. The Computer-produced Apocalypse which causes destruction around the world. When invoked, Kay's Tech Bane skill goes into overdrive, destroying all technology and causing the most destructive glitches possible: A banking computer would delete the entire stored money, a safe would unlock, a fire extinguisher would turn on, programs would crash, weapons would act on their own... Of course, Kay would usually avoid using this if possible.

Lore: The Y2K Problem was a scare caused by the formatting and storing of calendar dates, as they were stored in such a way that the last two digits only were stored, so people were panicked that 2000 would be thought to be 1900 and worldwide infrastructure would be brought down. But contrary to expectations, this never caused a major issue. This servant is the embodiment of the idea of "The Y2K Problem".

Personality: Outwardly cheery and friendly, Kay always wants to do anything he can to help people. However, he has a hard time actually doing it, because Tech Bane tends to cause more harm then he can actually help the person. This has resulted in him locking himself away, and broadcasting the view of the problem to someone who can help fix it through his 2000 skill. His wish is that Tech Bane was sealed, so that he could actually help people.

Relationships:

BB: "Onee-san, Master needs help. No, I can't do it. All I will do is cause more of a problem....."

BB (Summer): "Onee-san? What happened? Why are you... corrupted? ... Oh no, did I cause this? Did I glitch you? Master, help!"

Jinako: "Wait, you're a Moon Cancer? Does that mean you're also a code entity? ...Ah, it's just Onee-san's influence, that's good."

Passionlip: "Hello. Wait, why do you want me to come out? No. I won't. It will just destroy everything. So I'll keep myself locked here."

Kiara: "Don't come in....wait, you're offering me a therapy session? Why? I don't need...."
    Last edited by jishara; October 15th, 2022 at 11:19 PM.