Page 472 of 621 FirstFirst ... 372422462467470471472473474477482522572 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Michael Collins: The father of the IRA huh? I have to imagine he'd be quite the controversial Servant if he ever somehow showed up in canon. His second NP is well-done to represent how he secured independence for his land in return for selling out his allies. I question if Disengage is really necessary given his first NP though which seems to be basically a suped up version of it. Also the way said NP works seems somewhat vague in details such as where he can return to or how far it reaches. It might be better to say he has to set the "return-point" beforehand and mention some kind of range-limit in how far he can "jump" as otherwise it seems a bit OP.

By the way any thoughts on my Theodosius and Aurelian Servants?

Blog Entries
    Theodosius: My first impression was he'd be your standard Crusader fanatic type (well proto-Crusader in his case), but he does appear to have more depth and duality beyond that (like his Mad Enhancement being situational), as much as can be conveyed with a profile sheet. Like how his second NP targets leylines specifically as it gives it more nuance. His faceclaim armour does look more suited to a later era though, but taht's a minor point and I'm no armour historian

Beatrice Rappaccini: This'd be the second Servant sheet I've seen of her, forget the first one though. I'd be interested to know what the inspiration was to have her be a robot, guess it was to explain how she could contain poison within her in the first place, but I personally feel the short story worked fine without an explanation. Or it could be just to have a robot girl, that's fine too, and a good excuse for the faceclaim. Beatrice's character always had 'mad scientist's construct' vibes

Aurelia: Like the Pyra/Homura FC even if it is a little big, and I'd say genderbending helps make the power dynamic between her and Zenobia a little less uncomfortable. I do think it's funny that you were worried about one of Collins' NPs being overpowered when she has two EX-Ranked Skills, though I guess you can chalk that up to Era difference.
    I like how her first NP being based around accumulating destruction first does help distinguish it from what could've been another sword-beam. I also find it a little funny that both Roman Emperor Servants have fire-based NPs, even if there's good reasons for this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: пиво с рыбкой

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: The Zhengde Emperor
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: China (16th Century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: Not indulging
    Talent: Indulging himself
    Natural Enemy: Qin Shi Huang, Wu Zetian, Nero
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Prince of Ning
    Catalyst: The Palace Portrait of him

Class Skills:

Madness Enhancement D: He isn't particularly mad, instead this manifests in a "childlike mentality", akin to that which he had in life.

Personal Skills:

Disguised King (Punishment) B: The sublimation of the anecdote where he set up a staged commercial district and dressed up as a commoner, ordering all of his officials to dress as merchants. Of course, any unwilling participants would be demoted or executed. As a skill, this allows him to weakly obscure his presence as a Servant and as royalty, but its main use comes in what happens to people who see through it, punished with harsh pain and having some of their mana leeched by the Emperor.

Hei Sheng B: The "Dark Affliction" rumored to happen near the end of his reign, creatures of pure shadow that savaged the townsfolk. However, in truth, these dark creatures were vengeful spirits which went out of control, hateful towards the Emperor for the war he began with the Portugese in retaliation for their horrific actions against the Malacca sultanate. As a skill, this allows him to manifest these spirits as an inky black corruption which he can utilize, calling it forth to attack his targets.

Authority Refused C: The sublimation of the fact that he was usually out of the Palace and never took any petitions or advice from the ministers, preferring to just indulge in whatever things he could do. As a skill, this permits him to resist any sort of compulsion that tries to drive him to do something, for his indulgement is his main focus.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Bao Fang
    Palace of Decadance

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 20 meters
    Max Targets: 1000

The sublimation of his Bao Fengs, palaces built to house exotic animals and his harem. When invoked, he manifests one of them, a beautiful palace filled to the brim with exotic animals, which wander around and maul any being they come across, including the Zhengde Emperor himself. Any humans and Servants besides him who enter have their mana reduced and leeched, signifying the incidents where his harem was so overfilled that a large number of the members starved to death. Its most dangerous use is when it is reactivated, as it suddenly starts burning down, trapping anyone there within as the fire continues to rage.

Prince Of Ning
    Retreat Once More, So I Can Hunt You Again

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 40 meters
    Max Targets: 1 target

The sublimation of his response to the Prince of Ning's rebellion being defeated before he arrived: Releasing him so that Berserker would be able to go forth and catch him again, of course causing a large amount of collateral damage, and then executing him by cutting. This manifests as an elegant sword held in the Emperor's hand, though faded and worn with age. Upon its true name activation, he targets a single enemy, freeing them from any binds or chains they may have, before unleashing a flurry of strikes that rechain them. Each strike deals small amounts of damage, but he hits over a hundred times, depending on his concentration up to five hundred, allowing for a situation where there is no one killing blow.

Lore: The Zhengde Emperor was a Chinese emperor. He took the throne at the age of 14, and was immediately incapable of handling it, pawning off the duties to others, and allowing Liu Jin to take power for a few years, before he took it back. He was noted for his short-sightedness, gaining such a large harem that many of them died from starvation, leaving gunpowder out in once of his Bao Fangs during a Lantern Festival, setting up a staged commercial district where he would pretend to be a commoner buying things.... He also reigned during the beginning of the war against Portugal, bringing the chinese into it in retaliation for the Portugese's foul deeds against his ally Malacca.

Personality: A very childish person, he adores relaxing and indulging himself in whatever he sees. He also obsessed over prizes he thinks he'll get, leading to certain instances, such as in the Prince of Ning rebellion, where he became so angry that he wouldn't gain the glory for catching the prince that he ordered him released just so the Emperor could catch the prince. However, in times when push comes to shove, he often tries to do the right thing, although he's easily distracted by indulgement. His wish for the grail is merely to indulge more.

Relationships:

Qin Shi Huang: "What do you mean I 'Disappoint your legacy'?' Also, why is the Honored Founder a robot?"

Wu Zetian: "Interesting to meet you Empress. How have you enjoyed indulging so far?"

Nero: "What do you mean "Idol"? Shouldn't you be resting?"

Caligula: "....That blind rage is just so silly."

Oda Nobunaga: "Now she's my type of person, ready to act but ready to rest as well."

Zenobia: "You need to kick back! Relax a little, you're safe here."

Creator's Notes

Nails: I quite love that Collins, especially the second NP. As for Rappacini, I just thought about the antidote death and thought it would make sense, and then stumbled into a perfect FC, so then it became a sheet.

Royd: I like both of those two Servants, especially that Theodosius and the first NP.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Theodosius: My first impression was he'd be your standard Crusader fanatic type (well proto-Crusader in his case), but he does appear to have more depth and duality beyond that (like his Mad Enhancement being situational), as much as can be conveyed with a profile sheet. Like how his second NP targets leylines specifically as it gives it more nuance. His faceclaim armour does look more suited to a later era though, but taht's a minor point and I'm no armour historian

Aurelia: Like the Pyra/Homura FC even if it is a little big, and I'd say genderbending helps make the power dynamic between her and Zenobia a little less uncomfortable. I do think it's funny that you were worried about one of Collins' NPs being overpowered when she has two EX-Ranked Skills, though I guess you can chalk that up to Era difference.
    I like how her first NP being based around accumulating destruction first does help distinguish it from what could've been another sword-beam. I also find it a little funny that both Roman Emperor Servants have fire-based NPs, even if there's good reasons for this
    Thanks for the feedback. Theodosius' original build was basically a one-note fanatic, but for the redux I tried to add some of the duality he had in life. And yeah, I did wank Aurelian a bit but I figured that's fair given she's an ancient figure with a fair amount of hype behind her. BTW her second NP is inspired by the zombies from the anime I'd been rewatching lately Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress which have iron cores protecting their hearts (there's a scene in the last ep where the hybrid MC walks in and we see his core represented by a blue flame and I thought that was a really badass visual, creating the basis for this NP).

Also I can see you gave Collins a new Skill to replace Disengage, but it doesn't seem to have any effects or rank. Given the nature I can see it giving him bonus modifiers against foes who rely on "traditional" methods of warfare but you should probably flesh that out.

Blog Entries
    Ah yeah, thought the 'Innovation' Skill didn't normally have a Rank, for some reason

Also about jishara's Colonel Sanders sheet from a few pages back. Er, anyone here read Kafka on the Shore? Because that book may make him look even weirder than that VN

Zhengde: Oops, probably should've responded earlier. I do think having him be Berserker is a bit of a stretch, especially when with the exotic animals in the first NP he could possibly qualify for Rider, however it's not like there haven't been other 'stretch Berserkers'.
    Other than that, pretty good job, and I like the 'false hope' effect built into his second NP. I admit I hadn't heard of Zhengde before today, so hey, learn something new

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Ah yeah, thought the 'Innovation' Skill didn't normally have a Rank, for some reason

Also about jishara's Colonel Sanders sheet from a few pages back. Er, anyone here read Kafka on the Shore? Because that book may make him look even weirder than that VN

Zhengde: Oops, probably should've responded earlier. I do think having him be Berserker is a bit of a stretch, especially when with the exotic animals in the first NP he could possibly qualify for Rider, however it's not like there haven't been other 'stretch Berserkers'.
    Other than that, pretty good job, and I like the 'false hope' effect built into his second NP. I admit I hadn't heard of Zhengde before today, so hey, learn something new
    Thanks for your comments on Zhengde. I went for Berserker because his life is all about his childishness and madness

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alter-Ego looked at the ruins of her domain. So much time used to construct it into a labyrinthian maze that would impress Daedelus himself, and she had to abandon it so quickly. “Ya know I think yer going a tad far with this, Dia. Sure, he got in, but he seems to be working alone. So why start from scratch?”

Alter-Ego turned to meet the bored gaze of her master. Vallary Tepston simply sat on the hood of her car, utterly relaxed despite the preceding events. “Father is, as I am to understand from the myths, one who is not opposed to creating problems for his family. Unsurprising, considering what he did to his own father. And I see him having even less hang ups with a fictional daughter such as I. The risk is not worth it, I think”

Val shrugged, the blond flopping backwards to gaze up at the stars. “Yeah, yer right on that part girl. So… think it’s possible?”

Alter-Ego didn’t even need to ponder what her master meant. “Maybe. He is one of the first children of the omnipotent ruler. If it will succeed or not is beyond me, but the concept is plausible. I do not think working with him is worth the risk of it being a trick.”

A laugh split the night as her master rolled off the hood onto her feet, her smile splitting her face wide as she pinned her servant with a sharp, predatory gaze. “Oh, bless yer heart Dia, ya think I care about being shot in the back. Ya should know me by now, girl, I’ve got one priority-”

She paused as a branch snapped, the sound echoing into the night. Both Alter-Ego and her master whipped around, firing off a beam of light and a bullet respectively. A small, quadrupedal creature dropped to the ground, its appearance unlike any being either had seen before. Whilst Alter-Ego began to worry over the presence of such a thing, Val kept talking and ignored the thing.

“-a hunter needs prey to hunt, the harder, the better. Ya get the wish, I get a hunt. That’s the deal, no? Well, he’s got a big reserve, and a lifetime licence. I’m taking him up on it. And if it's just a trick? Well smart prey is so much more entertaining than stupid shit.”

Once more, Alter-Ego found her master to be an enigma. The bloodsucker certainly was a bipolar existence at times. Shaking her head, the Servant sent out a few spirits to help search for any other nearby watchers as the duo left Shinjuku Gyoen. “Well, where’s the closest of yer backups, Aradia?”

Serpent in the Garden of Infinity:
    Prologue: 6th Tokyo Great Grail War, Ultimatum
    Crosser of the Vast Branches
    Time: A.D. 2054
    Lost Depth: E-

First Ascension
    Second Ascension
    Third Ascension
    Final Ascension

Alter-Ego of Wiccan Witchcraft

Class: Alter-Ego
    Other Class: Caster, Saver
    True Name: Aradia/Alice Kuonji
    Titles: Fantasy Goddess of Witchcraft, Truth of the Wicca Trinity
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Region of Origin: Italy

Height: 4’11”
    Weight: 45kg
    Birthday: September 30(Alice)/July 15(Aradia)
    Dislikes: Christianity, Evil People
    Talents: Making Chocolate, Accidental Technology Destruction
    Armaments: A ritual blade made of antler

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: EX
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Aradia is one of the major figures of modern Wicca and Neopagan beliefs, yet her nature of existence is a widely debated topic. In the Gospel of the Witches, she is a messianic figure, daughter of the son god Lucifer, who is also her brother and uncle, and the moon god Diana. Sent to earth to give the oppressed the power to destroy their oppressors, all the while becoming the first witch.

Yet, other scholars argue that Aradia is not some mythical Messiah, but a real woman named Aradia di Toscano, who lived in the 14th century and founded an early revival of the school of witchcraft. A woman who was pivotal in not only causing the belief in Witchcraft to continue, but also the person who prevented European witchcraft from dying out among mages.

Even those who worship her are not definitive in her form. Among some, she is not separate from Diana, but just another name of the goddess and serves as the ultimate force, married to her consort, the horned god. In others, she retains her messianic status as part of a triple goddess taking the place of the daughter.

Finally, there is the suggestion that she is entirely fictional, made up by Charles Godfery Leland as an answer to the Witch Cult hypothesis. Using aspects of many true pagan beliefs, he created a central fiction, one that has been adopted as an object of worship by Wiccans and Neopagans and who has been changed as new aspects are added or the potency of existing traits are muddled.

As Alter-Ego, it is this final suggestion that rings true. Aradia is a High Servant, made up of three major inspirations for her literary counterpart in a parody of the triple goddess.

Diana, the virgin. Originally the Roman Goddess of the moon and hunt, she later became connected to witchcraft, and featured in mediaeval Europe as someone that witches would go to meet and join.

Lilith, the mother. The woman meant to be the first mother, but thrown aside and banished when she would not be subservient to Adam. She would go on to be corrupted, becoming a female demon, and the first of all witches.

Arada, the Crone. A figure of Sardinian folklore that serves as the inspiration for Sa Rejusta. A psychopomp and Great Mother Fairy that acted as a terror to the locals, kidnapping children and chopping off the fingers of lazy young woman. Yet also functioned as a protector at times.

Using these three, Aradia gained much of its power. However, even then, she still lacked stability. So to solve this final factor, Aradia struck a deal with an actual witch of the modern world. One that has experience in making fantasy into reality. And so, Aradia and Alice Kuonji have become fused as a pseudo-servant.

I’d be less angry about being changed so much if they were even a tad more respectful. However, certain… groups and people have decided to flanderise me significantly. If I ever have to here of one of those-

Hey, Dia, I was reading on Tumblr and-

Phone! Now! Or I’ll burn you as well!

As unique people, both Aradia, and Alice have their own unique personalities. However, less expectantly, Alter-Ego, Aradia, has her own personality. In becoming a pseudo-servant, it seems that Aradia’s and Alice’s personalities have fused and found a middle ground. But, let’s expand. If you were to abbreviate Aradia, Alice and Aradia as characters in a play, they would each be radically different.

Alice, reserved and withdrawn as she is, would not even be a character of the play, but a member of the audience, with a life and goals very separate from the show she is watching. Yet, she would come to every performance, and eventually, would become friends with some of the actors as they decide to get to know this regular feature of their work.
    On the other side of the example, lies Aradia, the original High Spirit. Whereas Alice would be an audience member, Aradia would be the main character, although of a very particular type of play. Due to the vast and strange changes that her nature has undergone, Aradia has an unstable, even outright insane mindset. Whilst she would try to help every single person she came across, she would do so in the strangest of ways, and would do things like obsessively hoard anything related to witchcraft. In essence, she would be a protagonist akin to Don Quixote. Alter-Ego usually refers to the High Servant, as the Origin

Aradia, the Alter-Ego class servant, is neither of these. While she is a person who would still fit as the main character of the story, as she desires to help others, she doesn’t do things at the drop of a hat. Only moving to solve problems when they affect that which she cares about. This actually goes so far as to display a slight tinge of alien morality in Aradia, as she will trivialise and dismiss all problems that do not affect what she cares about, or even those that do affect what she holds dear in certain ways.

For example, while she would help a friend with a serious debt, she would not help one who has had their possessions destroyed by natural disaster, as she considers one a divine act that must be overcome by oneself, and the other a petty artefact of human nature.

Thanks to Alice’s great care for her Ploys, and the vast changes the Origin has undergone over time, Aradia has an immense care and concern for the sanctity of herself and her possessions. She is extremely against any and all interference in these things, and will react violently to those trying to change her mind, or destroy her creations.

Perhaps violently isn’t even covering it. If one altered her mind without her permission, or destroyed one of the Ploys she created, she would destroy an entire city to try to get at the culprit. If she found out her second Noble Phantasm was activated by an outside force, or one of the original 30 Ploys was destroyed, well… her territory creation skill would be showing why it is ranked so high when she cleans up after herself.

In relation to her master, she usually treats them like a close friend. Aradia will try to be a solid confidant, utilising her base nature as a teacher to try and help them against any issue she finds concerning. She will try to support them in their goals, and will act with the master as her equal, making all decisions and plans as a pair. If her master is male though, she will be a bit more dominant in their companionship, trying to have the final say. However, she will calm down if this begins to cause excess friction with her master.

My wish is simple. I want a definitive form. I want to be me, not what some group of people halfway across the world think I am. Is that too much to ask? To be consistent, not even as a universal constant like real people, but something that has central fiction, like the White Witch or Agatha Harkniss. Is it selfish to get people to see me for me, and not what they want me to be?

J.R.R. Tolkien:
    The inspiration of the fiction doesn’t matter? I’ll respect your point, but I’ve got an entire noble phantasm that says otherwise.

○○○○○○○:Father… Why are you here? What do you want from this fictional daughter?

Artemis: Ah, Diana. Oh, sorry, you are not me(my mother). It is nice to meet another god of the moon, and a real one at that!

Shiki:Ah… my host and you seem to have a mutual acquaintance. Is the name Aozaki familiar?

Medea: Another legendary witch, and a real one at that. I… I can sympathise with you, being used by others for their own purposes. You, a mortal used by the gods, and I, a god used by mortals. Well… false god.

Legendary Teachers:Teachers of legend. You claim I am among their number, but they created real change, I’m just words on a page.

Abrahamic Servants: I am meant to hate you. To fight you. But what I want… What I want is to decide for myself. So to start, who are you?

High servant:
    A

The skill shows one's existence as a High-Servant, an artificial servant made up of many mythological essences. In the case of Aradia, she is created using the Roman Divine Spirit of the Moon, Diana, the Great Mother class Fairy, Arada, and the Demonic First Witch, Lilith. Or better said, two existences of the Divine Spirit rank and a third who rests infinitely close to it.

Why Lilith and not Herodias?

Leland drew more connections to Lilith than the mother of Salome, and that had some ramifications. Plus, much of what is associated with Herodias was consumed by Diana, so Lilith and her status as the first witch was able to shine far more strongly.

Nothing to do with him being yer father?

…can’t say for certain.

Territory Creation: EX

A class skill usually possessed by the Caster class. It is the skill that shows one's ability to construct a territory that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Aradia’s rank in this skill comes less from her own ability, impressive as it is, and more the power held by her host, Alice Kuonji.

Even in life, Alice was described as having the ability to create a world, something that resides far above a temple in power. With the power the Aradia brings to the table, this lofty height is made all the more easily reachable to the pair. Despite all this, its most common usage is to create a domain that has the attributes of night, allowing access to her Ploys.

Oh, this is some bullshit. How is the only part of ya that is really god tier, directly tied to the mortal.

Good question.

Item Creation: B+

Another class skill of the Caster class, this time focused on the servants ability to craft with their abilities. As a witch, it is well within one's abilities to create potions, charms, elixirs and other such items that are used to conduct the power of their craft.

Aradia, as a fictional creation of the first witch, the great archetype, has great skill in creating such items of witchcraft. It is to the point that she could create any object that has ever been connected to witchcraft. And that is it. Aradia is not capable of producing any other items than those related to witchcraft. These items are usually darker in nature and stronger in Black Magic type effects than any other.

Whilst Alice is capable of creating Ploys, which are much greater existences than this rank would allow, such things are considered their own category, separated from the domain of this skill.

God o’ witches makes witchy things, news at eleven.

Shush you, don’t act like my creations haven’t been massively useful so far.

Yeah, at everything but being discreet. It’s half the reason why the Silver team knows we exist, and have a good start on figuring out who ya are.

Divine Core of the Goddess: C-

A skill showing one's status as a goddess, and contains the same effects of the Divinity skill, as well as protecting the absoluteness of the possessor’s body and mind. To note, while Aradia is often given different domains, as there is no single universal authority, she possesses the straightforward core of a goddess instead of the core of a specific domain.

No matter the incarnation of Aradia, she is always some form of goddess. However, as she is only a fiction and so not a true Divine Spirit, she can only have this skill at this rank and no higher. Furthermore, as a pseudo-servant, this skill has been further weakened, granting it the minus modifier.

It is to be expected, I am just a fictional goddess in the body of a mortal.

Fair, although I wonder…

Witchcraft:
    EX(C)

As the name suggests, this skill shows its user as a practitioner of witchcraft. Witchcraft is a form of Black Magic that has roots, and therefore different schools, across both the eastern and western world.

In the school of Yumina, Aradia is a master thanks to Alice. However, this is not the only school that Aradia possesses knowledge of. Due to being credited as the source of all witchcraft, she possesses a level of knowledge in all schools. However, since she is fictional, and so cannot be the source, she has a medium level of knowledge, not a master level as one would expect of the creator.

…it could be worse, but it is so funny!! I’m better at a school of witchcraft than the supposed origin of the art!

Exactly, supposed. I am simply a fantasy, and there is only so much a fantasy can do.

Yer Ploys seem to say otherwise.

Touche.

Opponent to the Cross: B

A skill that represents one being an existence in opposition to the Christian religion. When faced with existences connected to Christianity, the user will receive boosts to their statistics. Whilst not as effective as when faced with christians, this skill will also activate against other beings who are connected to other Abrhamic faiths, like Islam and Jeudaism. They will receive half the bonuses as they would against a Christian existence. Do note, all existences are affected, regardless of whether they are connected favourably or not.

Aradia was originally said to be a messiah, sent to the people to give them power to throw off the oppression of their christian rulers and restore the old ways. This would normally grant her a higher level in this skill. However, due to this being fictional, and her having her story changed to forms that do not include this aspect, it is weakened to its current state.

Hilariously, ya have this skill, and still got crushed by him.

Father may be a Christian existence, but there are limits to what this skill allows me to overcome. He is well outside of those limits as the shining one.

Point.

Mystic Eyes of Enchantment: C

Mystic eyes that allow the wielder to easily ensnare those they gaze at in powerful layers of hypnosis. This is useful, as it allows the user to quickly gain control of her opponents, manipulating them through illusions. Extremely powerful versions of these eyes can even take control of entities like servants. Whilst mainly a feature of Alice, Aradia’s presence has boosted its strength a bit. This has granted it a golden shine instead of the red Alice usually has.

Impressive, although I thought mystic eyes for gods were Jewel or Rainbow class.

Indeed. However, I, as Aradia, was never known for powerful eyes, so all I am doing is enhancing the power of Alice’s existing eye.

Dead Witches’ Sabbat: B

A skill unique to Aradia, it is a combination of the concept of the Witches Sabbat, the trains of spirits that were said to assemble around Diana in mediaeval myth, and Arada’s status as a psychopomp. It is the ability for Aradia to gather souls, who become witches in her Sabbat. These souls are not always from the dead, and can be harnessed from the living whilst they are unconscious, leaving them in a comatic state till the soul is returned.

These souls act as subservient witches, through which Aradia is capable of casting spells as if they were her actual body. This grants a great boon in the form of long range usage of spells with short range effects and not putting her own body at risk. Furthermore, she can use the energy of these souls to power her spells, both those she casts through them and those she casts herself, in place of mana. This does slowly erode the soul until it fully disappears.

Of note, if the soul of a living being disappears, they will immediately die.

Outside hostages, how is keeping them alive once ya have the soul at all a good idea?

Large amounts of deaths are far more suspicious than a couple people in a hospital falling into comas. Especially those that were already in critical conditions.

Bride of the Horned God: A

A skill that is unique to Aradia. It comes from Neopagan beliefs that show her as the female half of a duotheistic theological system, with the male half being the entity known as the horned god. Whilst most cultures would show the bride as submissive to the dominant husband, in Wicca traditions, it is the bride who is dominant. This sublimates itself as the ability for the bride to utilise the abilities of her spouse.

The horned god is an existence connected to the wilds and nature, and is usually thought to be a syncretic being who is formed from the distillation of other horned nature gods like Pan or Cernunnos. Therefore, this skill grants Aradia the ability to control the native plant and animal life of the world at a wide scale.

So, a bride, eh? Can’t imagine ya as one.

The Origin is his wife, and she is a bit of a domineering woman at times. I just get the boons cause she is a part of me. Fighting in a forest is really, really advantageous with it though, and it kinda makes me nostalgic.

Oh? Do tell.

Familiar, Rise from the Wonderland of Fantasy
    Ploy Kickshaw

Anti-Fantasy: E-~A+
    Range: 1
    Max Number of Targets: 1

The Ploy Kickshaw, the greatest ability of Aradia’s host, Alice Kuonji, in life. This has been elevated to the level of a Phantasm thanks to its sheer power, and Aradia’s effects of strengthening Alice’s abilities.

It is an ability that allows one to create familiars from fantasy stories, granting them powerful abilities based upon the story. These familiars range in strength from barely worth mentioning, such as the Six Singing Chocolates, to those that can rival A+ rank Noble Phantasms in their strength, such as the Great Three or Second Ticket.

There is no restriction to what can be used as the source for the familiars, leaving even the legends inspired by, and that create, other heroic spirits available to Aradia. Well, no restriction other than the users preferences. These preferences, due to the spirit in question and the host, are geared towards Luis Carol type fairytales, and stories about, or including, witchcraft. Using powerful mystic codes and magical artefacts as a basis to connect them to, the strength of a familiar can be further boosted. However, the stronger a Ploy is, the less of its power can be used outside of nightime, with the strongest of them not even activatable outside of the night.

This further reflects in the appearance of these ploys. If Alice was in control, they would all look like wonderland type creatures, whereas under the base Aradia, they would be dark images of witchcraft given form. As the hybrid personality is usually at the front though, a middle ground is reached. They still appear as wonderland creatures, but less the wonderland of Carol, and more that of American McGee.

The only effect that is universal across all the Ploys is the Tradition Protection that helps make them incredibly difficult to destroy, as they become separated from the world. This vastly reduces the effect that any ability that lacks the same type of mystery can have on them. This doesn’t render them invincible to powers lacking the same mystery, just far, far stronger when faced by such powers.

These Ploys aren’t perfect though, as sometimes ploys may have compatibility issues with Aradia. This takes place most often between some of the Ploys Aradia is summoned with and all forms of herself, and the Ploys Aradia makes and her altered mental states thanks to her second Noble Phantasm, or her components. These compatibility issues mainly manifest as not being able to bring out the full might of her Ploys.

When summoned, Aradia is in possession of 30 ploys, and can slowly create more. However, there is a maximum that can be reached, as Aradia can never have more than 108 Ploys in existence at the same time. She claims this is because of Alice and connections to the 108 chimes of the bell in Japanese Buddhist temples. These 108 rings, and so Ploys, represent the 108 trials one must overcome to reach Nirvana. Therefore, having 108 ploys is the point at which Aradia is shown to be perfect, and so can not gain more. This is certainly the reason, and no other exists.

Real reason?

Don’t make me waste a CS on this Dia, there is no way a witch god, based in European Wicca, has a restriction that relates to buddhist teachings. So spill, what's the sitch?

…Pride…from both of them…

Oh?

For Alice, it’s living up to this big boast she made in life the same night Flat Snark got blasted, and for the Origin, it’s a big insult to Gnostic traditions and their 108 chances at life to transcend the world by eliminating their ego’s before damnation.

And since Witches are seen as damned…

Creating another 108 ego’s is her way of giving the middle finger.

Everchanging Nature of a Fictional Goddess
    Aradia

Anti-Unit(Self): A
    Range: Self

A Noble Phantasm that represents the nature of Aradia as an ever changing goddess, whose role fluctuates from one school of thought to another, with little to no constant traits. This takes form as the ability to shift the ratio of power between her three components, Lilith, Arada, and Diana. Using this, Aradia is capable of loading the Divine Core, in the cast of Lilith and Diana, or Spiritual Core, with Arada, into her own Saint Graph, granting her a form of their Authorities or abilities. This is not without cost though, as shifting the ratio of these three causes shifts in her Personality and abilities.

Loading the Core of Lilith massively boosts Aradia’s capability with witchcraft, increasing her general rank to A+, making her on the cusp of being a master of all schools. Furthermore, it increases Aradia’s compatibility with all witchcraft, eliminating the issue of not being able to use the full might of her Ploys. For example, where as before she would not have been able to get Thames Troll, one of the Great Three, past its second form, she could now easily bring forth its final form.

However, including the Witchcraft core actually causes Aradia’s mana rank to decrease from EX to B+. Furthermore, Aradia becomes more domineering and controlling with this core installed, trying to completely manage every minute detail about her actions and those of her associates, including her master. If she were to be ordered around like this, she would react violently.

Loading Diana’s core is a fair bit different, as the power it gives is not constant, but rather dependent on the phase of the moon. At a new moon, these effects are at their weakest, while at a full moon, they are at their strongest. These effects are twofold. First, an increase to her Agility rank from C to B, and second, the ability to manipulate moonlight to attack and defend with. The strength of this moonlight varies with the moon, unusable at weakest, and at the level of an A rank attack at strongest. Interestingly, this light also carries the concept of restraint, making moving while affected by the light incredibly difficult.

In exchange, Aradia gets her Bride of the Horned God skill sealed. Diana’s nature as unmarried and a virgin just exists far too opposed to the source of the skill to coexist . Alongside this, Aradia becomes more introverted and her level of activity begins to depend on the phase of the moon. At a new moon, she has the drive of a sloth, whereas at a full moon, she is comparable to a three year old on pixy sticks in her energy level.

Loading the Core of Arada is probably the most drastic personality shift for Aradia, but that will be covered later. The main benefits gained by this are a boost to Bride of the Horned God, bringing it to EX. This allows Aradia to even bring forth and control Fairies of a lower class than herself, which as a Great Mother class Fairy, is the vast majority. Her mystic eyes also gain a rank up.

At the same time, her Luck and Endurance stats drop a rank each. Whilst this core is installed, Aradia's minor case of blue-orange morality becomes greatly magnified. This makes it so Aradia's thought process becomes entirely inhuman, making it difficult for her to work alongside any but the fairies she brings forth, who share her mentality.

Theoretically, Aradia could so greatly alter her Saint Graph, she would lose and gain skills, and even attain new Noble Phantasms and change servant classes. However, this would require changing the 1:1:1 ratio of her existence to a 8:1:1, completely changing her personality and sealing this Phantasm. It would require a command seal to be able to change back to her normal state.

As Aradia is unhappy about her flux in existence that is so prominent in her past, she is somewhat against using this Phantasm, as she does not like the effects it has on her personality. Or, to be exact, she does not like that it has an effect on her personality. Whilst she’ll grudgingly use the basic abilities, it would require another command seal to even use its class changing attributes. In essence, to use one of her other classes, you’d need to use at least two command seals to get there and back, after which Aradia will not be as willing to work with her master.

Ya really not going to use this to its fullest? What's the point of it then?

It is not like I chose to have this Phantasm, Val. Just please, leave it be. You'd need to use a command seal to undo it anyways.

Hmmm....

No. Let's meet the goddess of the moon. See ya later, Dia.

V̸̰͔̀͛̂̾̈͑̋̅͋̅̇̄͝ͅȃ̵̧̛̞̻͇̹͙͙̫̪̬̝̦̬̩̿̐̋̄̆̐̈̿͊́̊͘l̶ ̡̛̘͉͕̫̤̻̗̙̣͛̾̅̌̊̀̽̀͗͊̀͑̀l̶̢̤̼͍̩̥͚̞̻̩̻̏̽̋̈́̈́a̵͐̈͆̊͂̚ ̧̥̲͚̏̐͊̔r̴̹̭̯̙̘̳̙͋̈́͋̃̐́̇̃y̷̧̡̛̺̦͈̝̓̍̈̈͂̀͊͗̔͝!̷̈̅̈́̋ ̨̧̛̹͉̝͍̳͇̯͈̖̞̖̜̋́̓̔̂͠͝

Archer of the Wiccan Moon

Class: Archer
    Other Class: N/A
    True Name: Aradia=Diana
    Titles: Virgin of the Wiccan Trinity, Goddess of the Moon
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Region of Origin: Italy

Height: 4’11”
    Weight: 45kg
    Birthday: September 30(Alice)/N/A(Diana)
    Dislikes: Daytime, Modern Cities, Alcohol
    Talents: Hunting, Midwife Duties, Astrology
    Armaments: A bow crafted from antlers

Parameters:
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Diana was the Roman goddess of the moon, hunters, crossroads and the wild. Whilst she existed before the Roman adoption of much of Greek mythology, much of her personality, appearance, and stories came from Artemis, her Grecian counterpart. It was believed for a long time that she was part of a triple goddess, with her other parts being the god of witchcraft, Hekate, and another goddess of the moon, Luna.

In this form, she is the Diana within Aradia brought to the maximum possible effect. This means that the Diana aspects of Diana=Aradia are still affected by Aradia’s nature as a witch, leading to the forms that some of her skills take that are irregular.

So… yer Diana, eh?

Aradia=Diana master, but yes, I am the roman goddess of the moon.

Well, I’m still calling you Dia.

…Why?

Aradia=Diana is much like the celestial body she represents, as she places herself as a calm, distant observer of those around her. Whilst she cares for all under her purview, as she finds it difficult to look upon nearly the entire life of every person and not begin to feel a connection to them, especially considering the humanising influence of Aradia and Alice, she very rarely chooses to interfere in situations.

Her care for humans does cause her to slowly grow closer to them. Now that she is given a better opportunity to interact with them, rather than being constantly distracted with tasks millions of miles away, she is better able to learn to interact and love humans as more than a strange voyeur.

Her conception of time is much vaster than normal humans, viewing weeks and months as short bursts of time, and so has little drive to do everything instantly. If left to her own devices, she would most likely survive to near the end of a grail war through sheer inaction. This is further exacerbated by the fact that she seems to grow less focused as the moon waxes and more focused as it wanes.

When the moon is new, or near new, her master is capable of encouraging Aradia=Diana into action with a fair amount of ease, getting her to do something as she is pushed to use even the ‘small moments’ to their fullest. However, when the moon is full, or near full, it almost takes more time to motivate the Archer into action than she will spend doing that action.

It will be noted that the rage displayed by the destruction of a Ploy is still present, causing her to act closer to Aradia than herself, showing that some parts of the original Alter-Ego still remain.

My wish? You ask of my deeper desires? Well, if I must give an answer, I will let you know that I wish I could remain near humans. That I could understand their perception of the world. For it is painful to love that which you do not truly know.

Artemis:
    My counterpart, hmm? Your love for that man is alien to me though. I do not remember such a relationship.

Neil Armstrong: You were the first person to reach me in such a long time… could you not have stayed a moment longer?

Archetype-Earth: You are of the moon, and yet there is nothing that is similar between you and I. Even still, watching your journey is… entertaining. Rare do I get such a longstanding object of observation in more recent times.

Astolfo: Hmm, you again? Do you wish for your sanity to be returned? Soon enough, dear paladin, soon enough.

Voyager: Oh little one, so short was my time with you, but such a great task you were given. I am happy to finally get to spend time with you.

Roman Emperors: Those who ruled over my worshipers. Some are far too obsessive of me… but perhaps that is better than those who are obsessive over themselves.

Christians: I’m not a witch damn you! Stop trying to conflate me with your hated paganism. I am far greater than them.

Territory Creation:
    EX

Whilst Aradia=Diana loses her other Caster class skill upon assuming her form as Aradia=Diana, she retains her territory creation skill. This is because it is more an aspect of Alice, than the balanced Aradia, and since the host does not change in this transformation, neither does the skill, or its rank.

Still have it eh, Dia?

Must you call me that? And indeed. While the core of my spirit may have shifted, this body has not changed. So it must still be present.

Pshh, yer no fun, Dia.

Independent Action:

One of the class skills of the Archer class, and the one most unique to it. The skill shows a servant's ability to remain in the world without the support of a master or extenuating circumstances. Due to Aradia=Diana’s Lunar Corpus skill, this skill has been lost.

That better be worth it.

What would make it worth it master? How would you even judge the value of something so insubstantial?

Magic Resistance: D+

The other of the class skills of the Archer class, and the one found more vastly in the saint graphs of servants. Aradia=Diana, despite being a goddess and witch, is lacking in her own ability to shrug off offending spells in this form. At this rank, it is normally only able to reject spells of one count or less.

However, as she is an authority over the moon, the wilds, and some other domains, spells that relate to these concepts would prove useless when used against her. In these scenarios, the spell must invoke, or come from, an authority that bears greater power over the concept than Aradia=Diana.

Useful, although… aren’t ya a divine spirit? What’s with the rank?

I am still limited by my core and my host, master.

Divine Core of the Moon Goddess: B

Whilst Aradia had a general Divine Core of low rank due to her fictional status, the increase in the aspect of Diana in Aradia=Diana means that this skill has changed to its current form. As Diana is a god heavily connected to Earth’s cosmic satellite, and one who actually existed compared to the fiction of Aradia, Aradia=Diana possesses the Divine Core of a Moon Goddess at a rank above her original, simpler, Divine Core.

Whilst the skill still contains the mental and physical maintaining effects of the original, it also has a small additional characteristic. Due to the moon’s gravitational effects on the earth, Aradia=Diana has gained some amount of skill over gravitational phenomena. Furthermore, she has the ability to manipulate and control substances that originate from the moon, such as moonlight or dust.

Now that is an upgrade Dia!

Much appreciated, master.

Witchcraft:
    EX(B)

Whilst Aradia=Diana still retains mastery over the witchcraft of Yumina that is granted through Alice, she both gains and loses power. Unlike the base Aradia, Aradia=Diana is only able to utilise witchcrafts that are focused in the domains she possessed as a goddess. However, in exchange for this far more limited purview, she has received a bit of a boost in knowledge, enough to attain a single rank higher than before in any of these fields.

Due to beliefs that conflated Diana and Hekate, Aradia=Diana has gained a fair bit of ability in witchcraft that the true spirit of Diana would not have. This has only been further solidified due to christian officials in the 11th and 12th centuries conflating a number of the various pagan gods worshipped by native european peoples, who were declared witches and heretics for these practices, with older classical mythological figures like Diana.

Didn’t expect ya to actually get better at magic by becoming a moon goddess, but stranger things have happened.

As crude as the judgement is, you are not incorrect. If this was my untainted essence, I would have no ability with the craft bar that of my host. As it is, since I must be a witch, connections that should have laid dormant rise once more.

Mystic Eye of the Moon: C

The Mystic Eye of the Moon is an evolution of the mystic eye of enchantment that Alice possesses. Due to the watching eye of the moon that Diana represents, the illusionary abilities of the eye have been supplemented by what is essentially the skill Universal Birds Eye View at the same rank as this skill.

This allows Aradia=Diana to view everything touched by the light in the night time, although her vision becomes more blurry the further that light is separated from moonlight. Furthermore, through this observation, she is still capable of ensnaring that which she observes in illusion.

Now that's what I’m talking about! Some godly omniscience is really gonna be useful. Ya really are making this worth the CS.

…I am glad that you think I am worth your time, master.

Oh come on, what’d I say?

Lunar Corpus:
    EX

As a being who is the embodiment of the moon, it would be easiest to describe the body of Aradia=Diana as the very moon itself. Due to this connection, Aradia=Diana’s power varies depending on the stage of the moon, although in the opposite way than one would think. In essence, the less of the moon that is in the sky, the more that is present in Aradia=Diana. This means that, at a new moon, she is at her most powerful, while at a full moon, she is at her weakest.

This mainly displays itself as bonuses or negatives to her parameters. Whilst the variance is small between a crescent, half, and three quarter moon, as she will either have a plus modifier to her physical stats at crescent, the above stats at half, and a minus modifier to non-physical stats at three quarters, it is much more noticeable at full and new moons. At new, she would have a rank up to all parameters, whilst at full, she is ranked down in all parameters.

Furthermore, the phase of the moon gives Aradia=Diana a rank of Independent Action, with rank dependent on the phase. At new, it is EX rank, at crescent, it is B, half has C, three quarters is D and full is E. One thing to note is that abilities that require the full moon will act as normal in the presence of Aradia=Diana during the time of the new moon.

Oh, this will be fun. Best regeneration more often, here I come.

If that is your prerogative, master.

Witching Hour:
    A

As a being heavily connected to the moon, and therefore, the passage of time in the ancient world, Diana can be said to always have the aspect of growing stronger as time progresses. Whether it is rising higher and higher in the sky over the course of a night, or the moon growing more full over days and weeks, time has always been a factor in the strength of the moon. And as a witch, this has taken on another aspect. Most specifically, the idea of the witching hour.

Serving much like a counterpart skill to the Numeral of the Saint, Aradia=Diana will slowly grow stronger after the sun is set. Her power will continue to increase until it reaches its peak, about twice her normal strength, at one hour past midnight. She will remain at this peak for one hour, before she slowly weakens back to normal strength at sunrise.

It is notable that abilities or locations that prevent the sun from setting will prevent the skill activating. In contrast, something that prevents the sun from rising will not halt her weakening, although instead when she reaches normal, she will begin strengthening again. It will reset to normal when the dawn does come.

Well, that works really well for me and the war. Lets me stay out of the stinking sunlight, and keeps the overseers off our backs. Good job, dia.

Thank you, master. But it is just my nature.

Road to the Underworld: B

In some of her earliest forms, Diana was also connected to the underworld, acting as a guardian of crossroads, including the one between life and death. As one who allows the dead to cross into their final resting place, Aradia=Diana has this skill. Furthermore, due to later christian teachings that painted Diana as a gathering point of souls, it has become stronger than it otherwise would be.

The main function of this skill is that it allows Aradia=Diana to hunt existences that count as undead far more effectively, both by having a seeming compass directing her to where they are and an increase in attack power when battling such beings.

Master, why do I feel a sense of the undead from you?

Ah, ya forgot a bit o’ what I told ya, didn’t ya? Well, ignore it for now, just point me the nearest servant, Dia.

…yes master.

Familiar, Rise from the Wonderland of Fantasy
    Ploy Kickshaw

Anti-Fantasy: E-~A+
    Range: 1

[/FONT][/FONT]Little has changed about the abilities of this Noble Phantasm, although instead of wonderland imagery, the Ploys now reflect lunar, chthonic and wildlife inspired designs. Furthermore, Aradia=Diana is more likely to create new ploys from tales that focus on one or more of these realms.

Everchanging Nature of a Fictional Goddess
    Aradia

Anti-Unit(Self): A
    Range: Self

SEALED: Command Spell Required

Moonlight Jail of the Sinner
    Tartaros Lunae

Anti-Unit: B+
    Range: 384

The crystallisation of the story within the Gospel of the Witches, where it claims that Cain, the original murderer in christianity, is trapped within the moon. Through using Diana’s status as a goddess of both the living world and underworld to form its components, this fictional story has been able to become a powerful Noble Phantasm.

Tartaros Lunae is a Noble Phantasm made up of three main parts. The first is an arrow charged by moonlight, whose strength is slightly variabel dependent on the phase of the moon. Weakest at half, and strongest at full and new, due to the effects of Lunar Corpus. This arrow produces a layer of crystalline material upon anything it touches, and barring a rare few examples, it is indestructible to physical force. However, it can be destroyed through means that physical beings should not be capable of, such as magecraft, or conceptual abilities. This is the only part of the phantasm that can be used without releasing the true name.

When the true name is released though, the arrow grows vastly more powerful. Essentially, it would become a massive pillar of crystal upon contact with a surface, capturing anything it touches in a tomb of crystal. However, this is only the first part of the Phantasm.

The second is actually Aradia=Diana’s body itself. As the story had Cain incarcerated in the moon, her body acts as a gateway to the third part of the phantasm. Upon the activation of the true name, this gateway will open. With it open, all existing crystals will begin to glow, and anything inside them will begin to be transported to the third part. However, anything not suitably powerful will be destroyed in the transportation process.

Whilst the process takes time, it can be accelerated by proximity with Aradia=Diana, being at its fastest when in contact with her. Once a single being who is powerful enough to be properly transported enters the third part, the Noble Phantasm shuts off, and nothing else is transported. However, they do still suffer damage from the failed process.

Finally, the third part of the Noble Phantasm is a small pocket dimension within Aradia=Diana’s body. This dimension is inescapable by all metaphysical means, and selas many of the special abilities of those inside. To escape, one would need to use their raw physical abilities to break out, something that is no small task. Furthermore, there is a time limit.

Anything within the pocket dimension is slowly broken down and incorporated into Aradia=Diana. If the being that was trapped does not escape in time, their entire essence would be fully incorporated into Archer, their being becoming a new skill for her that best represents them. Furthermore, all parts of this Noble Phantasm are far stronger against those with the Evil alignment.

Whilst only one being can be captured at a time, multiple can be held. However, this has disadvantages, as those held can work together to escape, and whilst her body is acting as the portal, the internal defences of the system weaken somewhat, making it the easiest time to escape.

Hmm, now that’s an intriguing one! What’s with the skill gaining part though?

Think of a hunter capturing a beast at a young age, and then raising it to be a companion. I am a goddess of the hunt and countryside, such things as taming are in my ability, even if I do prefer the wild.

Fair.

Aradia mainly acts as a commander and support for her forces, both those granted by her Dead Witches’ Sabbat skill and her Ploys. To best do this, her initial entrance into a grail war would be to gather souls from nearby hospitals or those who are about to pass on naturally. ALongside this, she would set up a territory and begin creating more Ploys, although not maxing out her number so as to leave room for Ploys made to be direct counters to other servants.

Once these steps are done, she herself will hunker down, sending out souls from the Sabbat and her ploys to work as her agents in interacting with the wider war. Whilst she will focus on info gathering first, she will also fight when it is advantageous to do so. She will further boost these advantages through sending reinforcing souls and Ploys that take best advantage of the situation, or counter the known aspects of her opponent. In particularly difficult situations, she will use her second Noble Phantasm to shift to a form that gives her the best bonuses and least deficiencies.

Finally, when she believes she is truly ready to take on a foe, she will set up all countermeasures and utilise her second Phantasm. Building an ambush, she will lead the servant and/or master into it, before unleashing the full trap as fast as possible, attempting to blitz the opponent and give them no chance to fight back or escape.

If her base was to be invaded, she would attempt to delay the breaching forces as much as possible. If a personal escape is possible, she will do so and then use the abandoned territory as a massive death trap and flanking ground, using her skills to create focus both outside and inside the territory, trying to crush the invaders. Even if this is successful, she will destroy the terrain and create a new one, as she has no way of ensuring that all that are aware of the territory were dealt with in this event.

If an escape is impossible, she would manipulate the territory to her utmost extent, even using event creation type abilities, such as the Sweet Hearts ploy. In doing this, she’d try to ensure that very few can reach her at a time, allowing her to face, and hopefully defeat, the invaders in twos and threes, rather than fighting them all at once. Much like in the prior scenario, she would also produce forces behind the invaders, so as to try to flank and destroy them. If she wins, or at least survives this, Aradia would proceed in the same way as an escape scenario. If she loses, she will try to take a nuclear option, to take her attackers with her.

In the rare case that someone destroys a Ploy, Aradia will drop everything to immediately attempt to kill the offending party, with very little able to stop her.

A split image of Alice’s mansion, one side showing the massive location under the soft sunlight of the midday sun, whereas the other displays the scene under gentle moonlight from a full moon.

Val… I know a little of your life. Would you say it is a good one?

Probably not. I’ve had some shit thrown ma way, and I’ve had some golden days and silver linings. In the end, I’ve just grabbed the horns and decided to steer it the best I can, even if it is a bucking Brahman.

I… I would like that, you know? To be my own person, to try to take my own direction rather than being led by the nose in every which way. The Origin never really had her own purpose, just those given to her… but Alice chose her own way. It maybe wasn’t the most glamorous life, but it was the one she chose to live. I want to have something like that. A life I got to choose.

Dia… ya know ya can have that, right? Just come with me, and take yer daddies deal.

A…Alright master, let’s.

Developer Notes
    This sheet, or at least the research for it, has genuinely made me become angry at a religion. Sooo many witchcraft/wicca blogs came up before I got actually useful research material.

So, a bit on the origin of each of the forms of Aradia:
    Faith: Saver, the pure religious status of Aradia as a messiah figure and daughter of the creator sent to save witches from the cruel oppressors
    Fiction: Alter-Ego, a composite character, distilled from the inspiration of many others to create the ultimate Witch
    Fact: Caster, the true Aradia, Aradia di Toscano, who lived in the 14th century and spurred a resurgence of Witchcraft in the area, as well as creating a line of priestesses/being part of a line of priestesses who lived an unknown religion centred on Witchcraft

Unlike with most sheets, the ascensions aren’t meant to show a simple change in clothing. Each form is meant to represent a different core at the front. First is Witchcraft(Lilith), Second is Moon(Diana) and Third is Fairy(Arada). This is largely because I’m a terrible artist, and could not design a transition, so I just grabbed an image to represent the moon and be done with it.

At one point I was considering an NP that acted like a cage of moonlight, based on the bit in the Gospel of the Witches where Cain is said to be a prisoner in the moon. This was later downgraded to the current concept attached to her moon beams. And then re-incorporated.

So, thanks to some advice, I decided to not go into all three forms, but just one form to show why the NP deserves its A rank. I was thinking of going with Arada, since I’m likely to never do a sheet using her again, but considering my next sheet will have lots of Fae stuff, I decided to not do such twice in a row. Now, of the remaining options, Lilith might show up later in the lostbelt series. So…Diana.

Going to be honest, Diana started as a headache, and steadily got easier. The exact opposite of Aradia. It’s probably the only reason I did finish her… eventually.

Diana’s NP’s final abilities are mainly inspired by two sources, Meltryllis and Vididii’s Gatsby sheet.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; August 9th, 2022 at 02:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Finally caught up a bit
    Neat sheets over the mast weekend. Peak royd content again.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    "To wield power is to be responsible for it. With recognition of one's power, you should be careful lest you become a devil. Fufufu, what would I know of devils?"

"I am just a retired knight, after all."

True Name: Galgano Guidotti
    Class: Ruler
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Italy

Parameters:
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: B
    Luck: A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance EX
    Demonstrates high Magic Resistance due to her unwavering piety. However, since it is just averting (evading) the magecraft, fundamentally only Galgano will be saved against a wide-range magic attack.

God's Resolution B
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class and is the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War: the right to use Command Spells against Servants. Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War.

True Name Discernment B
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a Luck Check is required to bypass those abilities.

Personal Skills:

Revelation B+
    A Skill to "hear the voice of heavens" and take optimum action; a Skill equivalent to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles. However, "Revelation" accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). While her normal rank is B, certain acquired traits upon her summoning, has left her significantly more sensitive regarding where her instinct takes her, conferring a "+" modifier.

Animal Communication C+
    Communication of intention with animals that do not speak a "language of words". Since it's not like the intellect of the animals improves, very complex nuances are not conveyed. As she had spent the rest of her life in relative seclusion from society, her constant companions were wild animals as well as her horse. It is due to the latter that she has an easier time understanding that sort of animal.

Sword of Selection (False) A
    The crystallization of a rumor spread around Europe. A skill that shows Ruler as one who held the sword that was rumored to originate the legends that tell of a sword whose blade is embedded in stone, a sword that, once pulled from its earthly sheathe, will create a King. Galgano is no King nor is she a knight so she has no idea of it. Whether this rings true or not is unknown.

Noble Phantasms

Caliburn Image: Distant Recollection of Radiance

The noble phantasm of Ruler. The sword she owned in life as a knight and gave up to the Earth after she retired that role. A sword driven into stone whose legend was rumored to be the origin point for the legend of a sword embedded in stone, a legend so closely linked to that of King Arthur's sword Caliburn. It is because of this ambiguity, the sword Galgano wields takes the form of Caliburn.

While the sword resembles the golden sword of the victorious, its abilities are different in Galgano's Ruler incarnation where she has abandoned the path of a failed knight and had become a hermit. Due to not manifesting as a Saber, where Galgano best takes advantage of her sword's linkage to Caliburn and gains more offensive options, her sword's abilities lie more in support. Planting the sword into the earth like in legend and chanting the words:

"Oh Sword, become my cross."

Ruler creates a link to the inner sea that dwells in the Earth, increasing her Endurance by two ranks and granting rapid regeneration in exchange for relinquishing her sword. While detrimental for a participant to relinquish their greatest means of offense, as a mediator meant to observe over the proceedings, it is a very useful ability.

Personality

Manifesting as a Ruler, Galgano is much more temperate than she would have been as a Saber. More collected, more rustic and close to nature, more animalistic? Neigh? It seems that Galgano's horse has fused into her Saint Graph, causing new traits to manifest. This doesn't seem to concern Galgano much and her barest reaction would be, "Oh, that's why I've been neighing sometimes." She seems to be the type of person to go with the flow. Though there does seem to be a pressure on her that has her flicking her ears. It may be tied to her sword, however.
    Last edited by Vance; August 9th, 2022 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Source: Dlgeria

Class: Shielder
    True Name: Lady Carcas
    Place of Origin: France (8th Century Folklore)
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Height: 180cm (including the Crown, 210cm)
    Weight: 110lbs
    Likes: Having a safe home, free trade, stockpiling resources
    Dislikes: Conquerors
    Talent: Defending her home
    Natural Enemy: Charlemagne
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Carcassonne
    Catalyst: Her statue, within Carcassone Castle

Class Skills:

Territory Defence A: As someone who managed to defend her home even from Charlemagne, she gains an extremely high rank of this Class Skill. This permits her to expand a field of damage reduction to allies or an allied camp. However, she is not affected by said field. This camp which she defends can be up to the size of an entire town.

Magic Resistance D: Despite her facing down Charlemagne, she never came across magic in her life, as such gaining this rank which is low for her class and only permits her to nullify the weakest spells.

Personal Skills:

Victory Over The Great Hero A: A skill granted to those relatively minor figures who managed to claim victory against great heroes. Other users would include Irene Adler. In Lady Carcas's case, it is granted to her due to her victory against Charlemagne, who was trying to capture Carcassone. This skill permits users to more easily deal with attributes of said Great Hero's legend. In her case, it permits her to absorb light, which Charlemagne wielded as a Mana Burst, while also gaining bonus damage against Saints and Kings. This grows hugely effective against Charlemagne himself, allowing her to be able to claim a victory against him easily.

Aura of Confidence C: An aura that she constantly is "in control of the arena", destabilizing other's confidence in their strategies for they believe she's already thought of them and found a counter, even when she hasn't and is visibly panicking over them. Granted to her as a skill due to Charlemagne assuming that she was always in control due to her wasting a pig fed with wheat.

Wasteful Indulgence C: A constant compulsion in the back of her mind to do things which appear wasteful and indulgent to any strategy. However, as she does these things, they help her achieve her goals even if there seems to be little to no reason for them to do that. A skill granted to her because her wasting a pig fed with wheat got Charlemagne to call off the siege.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Carcassonne
    The Ringing Of The Bells

Range: 25 Acres
    Max Targets: 45000 targets

The sublimation of the most famous thing behind her legend, the bells ringing when the siege was lifted. This manifests passively as her titanic crown, with two bells at the ends. These bells are her main method of attack, dealing damage via their tolling or just swinging them into her enemies. When the true name is called, an altogether different use happens, for as her bells toll, the walls of Carcassone build around her, shielding her allies from their harm as the bells continue to toll and harm the enemies who would dare attack her home. However, if she ever loses confidence, loses certainty, this Noble Phantasm will become unusable until she does, for this runs on her absolute belief that "she will save her allies".

Lore: Lady Carcas was a legend about Carcassone, the city, where she was a princess who defended her city against a siege by Charlemagne. At the start of the Sixth year, she decided to count her food supplies, finding that she had only a sack of wheat and a pig. She had the idea to feed the wheat to the pig and throw it off the castle. When Charlemagne saw that, he thought that she must be able to surviive for a long, long time, if she is at the sixth year of the siege still capable of wasting a pig fed with wheat. Then, in her joy, she rang the bells, and that is where the city's name came from in this folklore, Carcassonne.

Personality: Normally a fairly calm and careful person. She loves always having a huge stockpile of resources, seeing it as a complete stroke of luck that Charlemagne backed off then, and as such will try to keep around ten years worth of food for any and all of her allies. However, she does tend to follow her Wasteful Indulgence skill whenever it points her the way. Her wish is merely that she had more food stockpiled and would have been able to win even if Charlemagne didn't fall for it.

Relationships:

Karl der Grobe: "I have no grudge with you, King. For you were not the one who attacked me."

Charlemagne: "You! I truly despise you. Besieging Carcassone for five years? Five years!"

King Arthur: "Strange, you seem similar to... someone I wish I didn't know. I wonder why?"

Tristan: "What sort of bow is that?"

Bradamante: "I approve of your courage, but not your underpreparedness."

Roland: "....Why is every paladin I've seen so peculiar?"

Astolfo: "You are the great paladin I've heard so much about? Are all of you this chaotic?"
    Last edited by jishara; October 15th, 2022 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Because I forgot to do this in a spoiler on my sheet like I usually do, I'm a do some sheet comments here:

Flavius Theodosius: I honestly love this man, and the idea if instability that runs throughout the sheet feels extremely fitting. I cannot stop laughing at how perfect a counter he is to my Aradia, but overall, I love the sheet. The idea that his shielder form would incorporate the walls made by his successor is really nice, and the regrowth is a nice incorporation. And I can't stop thinking of the fact that the NP he gets for the massacre would make him look like a many armed buddha, which becomes hilarious when I remember he only uses it when at full madness enhancment. I know that's probably not the right look, but it's funnier that way, so that's how I imagine it. The only thing I question is no connection to the concept of the Last Roman Emperor. With his anti-pagan standpoint, and status as the last Emperor of Rome, after a fashion, combined with one of the interpretations of the LRE to be much like King Arthur(as in a messianic return), it feels like it would be appropriate. Regardless, it is a great sheat.

Beatrice Rappacini:
    Damn, that's a tragic one right there. The poisonous robot is quite an intriguing piece, and honestly, I cannot blame her for her viewpoint, considering her story. She'd be terrifiying to have as a servant though, with that mentality. Overall, its just a really nice sheet, so well done.

Lucius Domitius Aurelianus: I'm going to start this right off the bat and say, god I would use this as an excuse for Exalted references, so well done for not doing that. However, it's not like she falls short. This sheet really does make her worthy to be a champion of the one called the 'unconquered sun'. The restoration part of her NP definitely help make it more than just 'Sword Beamuuuu!' MK. whatever, and her second NP... Fire Gundam is great is all I have to say(Although I had no idea what anime the reference was until you mentioned it. And now I feel dumb cause I just finished watching that series.) Overall, great gal.

Michael Collins: Well, this is a choice. But, there have been worse, so not going to touch that. Overall I think this is a really interesting way of going about making the man. All the skills gel really well together and make him to be quite the intriguing servant. Both NP's are quite appropriate, even if I do believe the second is better than the first, but that's mainly because I find the idea of a way to get one's fame boost anywhere quite interesting, since I don't think we have a cannon version of such yet. Overall, a really nice sheet.

The Zhengde Emperor: Childish berserkers are really fun, so I've got no problem with his class(even if the ME could have just been a skill he gained whilst being another class). Overall, everything looks quite nice, and the sheer amount of authority abuse this man did is actually stunning. If he didn't have all the rebel servants trying to kill him by the end of his first day being summoned, I'll be surprised. But seriously, good job.

Galgano Guidotti: Overall, I gotta love the horse girl. Using her connections to the sword of selection to justify the NP was a smart move, and giving it those effects definitely feels quite in line for something that helps her role as an arbiter. I will admit that after reading and seeing nothing that I thought expanded on the quote at the top, I spent a good few minutes clicking to see if there was anything hidden. Her personality is a nice touch, as it always fun to see rulers that don't have a supper strict and focused mindset. Overall, nice job Vance.

Lady Carcas: The neck pains from that crown must be horrific, seriously. However, being serious, it's always nice to see those lesser figures of history who are exceptional in their own way, and she definitely fits. Her shielder classification does make sense, but I do have to ask if the bells toll by themselves, or she has to make them move. Because the mental image of that process is both hillarious, and gives me neck pains just thinking about. Overall, well done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Because I forgot to do this in a spoiler on my sheet like I usually do, I'm a do some sheet comments here:

Beatrice Rappacini:
    Damn, that's a tragic one right there. The poisonous robot is quite an intriguing piece, and honestly, I cannot blame her for her viewpoint, considering her story. She'd be terrifiying to have as a servant though, with that mentality. Overall, its just a really nice sheet, so well done. Thanks Yeah, it was really fun to do her

The Zhengde Emperor: Childish berserkers are really fun, so I've got no problem with his class(even if the ME could have just been a skill he gained whilst being another class). Overall, everything looks quite nice, and the sheer amount of authority abuse this man did is actually stunning. If he didn't have all the rebel servants trying to kill him by the end of his first day being summoned, I'll be surprised. But seriously, good job. Thanks for your comments, and yeah, most likely he would have a ton of people after him instantly.

Lady Carcas: The neck pains from that crown must be horrific, seriously. However, being serious, it's always nice to see those lesser figures of history who are exceptional in their own way, and she definitely fits. Her shielder classification does make sense, but I do have to ask if the bells toll by themselves, or she has to make them move. Because the mental image of that process is both hillarious, and gives me neck pains just thinking about. Overall, well done. The bells would basically toll if she wills them too, but her main method of attack is swinging the crown itself into her enemies
    Thanks for your comments!

Blog Entries
    Hi, uhh. So I posted here about a week ago about how I wanted to try my hand in making a Servant. I originally thought it was gonna be simple but as I did some further research, I found out that they were the influence for a massive part of the US (Californina/Queen Califia). I do mainly need some help with parts of it such as how do the Parametres works and whether or not it's ok for the sheet to have a really big lore section.
    Ya-ho~ I'm still new here so this box ain't filled out as it should be.

The Bucket

This Permutations and Combinatronics shit is verily bussing yo~

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Super long lore sections are pretty commonplace here so no problem there.

How Parameters work: Don't think too much about it.
    People can give you rough numerical values and comparisons that have been done in previous official materials but I don't find those too useful. Look at official Servants that you think would have a similar parameter and adjust from there.

Beyond that, it's useful to know that a + correction means that parameter/rank can double its value in specific conditions, and a - (very rarely used) means they just barely reach that rank.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElioHerondale View Post
    Hi, uhh. So I posted here about a week ago about how I wanted to try my hand in making a Servant. I originally thought it was gonna be simple but as I did some further research, I found out that they were the influence for a massive part of the US (Californina/Queen Califia). I do mainly need some help with parts of it such as how do the Parametres works and whether or not it's ok for the sheet to have a really big lore section.
    Yeah, Pine essentially hit the nail on the head here. Lore varies hugely from person to person, as some don't change much and base it mainly on actual history, so don't feel they need to include much or any of it. Others try to include the main differences in skills and still choose to do little lore, where as others try to establish big seperations(such as a character being a mage, or other nasu elements) in the lore, or use it to help flesh out the personality. At the end of the day, all methods are accepted and encouraged.

As for parameters, basically what is sensible. Personally, I try to look into cannon servants from similar eras, but at the end of the day, if they have a legend about juggling mountains, that kinda decides it for ya.

Plus, if you want any advice before posting, Delrey's Project Thread, the womb, is always a good place to grab some help.

Blog Entries

Source: M1NEOH

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Jane Toppan
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: America (19th Century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    NP: C

Height: 181cm
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: People surviving, other serial killers surpassing her
    Talent: Killing people while pretending to try to save them
    Natural Enemy: Asclepius, La Voisin, Linda Hazzard, Carmilla
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Morphine And Atrophine
    Catalyst: Her "Confession"

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment C: She never actually hid very much, but gains a bit higher rank of this due to having falsified medical records, allowing her to hide herself okay, but this vanishes when she attacks.

Personal Skills:

Jolly Jane A: The sublimation of her being well-liked and friendly at the hospitals where she worked. This grants her a passive aura where anyone who sees her becomes inclined to believe she is genuinely a kind, cheerful, and helpful person. In addition, this grants her Espionage at rank C, allowing her to pass herself off as a random medical official.

Murderous Wish A: The sublimation of her wish to "have killed more people than any other man or woman who ever lived". This manifests in a skill causing her to gain more power and the ability to kill more people as others kill, so that she can constantly try to surpass their kill count.

I Am Not Insane B: She refused to let herself be deemed "insane" in court, because if she was deemed "sane" she would have been able to get out of prison at some point, but if she were deemed insane, she would not be able to do that. As a skill, this lets her absorb and disguise any negative mental effects she holds, making it seem like it doesn't affect her.

Angel of Mercy A: The sublimation of her status as an "Angel of Mercy", a serial killer type who were caretakers who killed people under their care. As a famous one, this skill is granted to her which permits her a bonus to attack against people who trust her and who "put themselves under her care", even if that care is as little as "Can you get me a glass of water?" or "Would you mind helping me up?". This also allows her an initial blow against them.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Morphine and Atropine
    Sending A Shock Through Your Nerves

Range: 3 meters
    Max Targets: 1 target

The sublimation of her main method of killing people, utilizing a sringe of Morphine and Atropine to attack their nervous systems. As a noble phantasm, this passively manifests as the sringe she holds in her hand, which endlessly fills with a particular concoction which causes pain for a bit of time while it's injected. When its true name is called, she lulls a target to sleep before filling them with the entire sringe, sending huge amounts of pain through their nervous system and holding a large chance of death. Even if they don't die, they become plagued with chronic pain.

Lore: Jane Toppan, also known as "Jolly Jane", was an American serial killer who confessed to committing 31 murders. She chose patients, who were normally elderly and ill, and used them as guinea pigs in experiments with morphine and atrophine, killing them.Then she began a killing spree, killing a lot of people before she was caught.

Personality: She is a cruel person whose singular goal is to murder as many people as she can. As a result of this, she despises people who murdered more people then her. She also despises genuine doctors, who can reveal her dangerous methods and make people no longer trust her. Her wish is to have killed more humans then any other person. This would wreak an absolute catastrophe on the world.

Relationships:

Asclepius: "....I see you see the... flaw in my techniques. I'm afraid I cannot, will not, let you reveal that to the others."

Linda Hazzard: "You're stuck in a dream, aren't you? Well, I hope that you never wake. You know what, why don't I make sure of it?"

Jack The Ripper: "So famed... so pathetic..."

Wu Zetian: "You were a monarch? How interesting, I could never have done that."

Elizabeth Bathory: "....DIE. DIE. YOU NEED TO DIE."

La Voisin: "...So you killed 500 people, huh? How interesting. Now then, I think you need a check-up. What do you mean 'I know you're a serial killer trying to kill me'?"

Blog Entries

Saver ~ Charles Baudelaire

So yeah, this is a bit of an 'experimental' one, given the weird Class for him, the whole 'Symbolism' skill possibly being redundant given most NPs are Symbolic or Conceptual to begin with, and that Modernity is definitely pushing it power-wise

Saver of Evil

"What misfortune you must have to summon me, a nadir of a human being rather than the apex a Hero claims to be. Human history has continued its downward spiral I see... what, were you expecting another rhyme?"

(Artists: Rangetsu, unknown, and Yu-kichi. Given Baudelaire's a scrawny, morally dubious, over-dramatic dandy, my mind quickly went to Lelouch)

True Name: Charles Pierre Baudelaire (The Poet Who Died For Our Sins?)

Alternate Classes: Avenger, Caster (despite not having been a mage in life), Berserker as he credited Rage as instrumental in the creation of his poems, and possibly Assassin due to his close association with death. Claims he could be Rider
    Source: History
    Region: France

Alignment: He claims to be Chaotic Evil, though in practice he ends up closer to Chaotic Neutral. Despite more than a few provocative statements, his destructive habits and spending meant most of his 'evil' was done solely to himself.

Wish: Saver seems to care very little for the Grail War, preferring to waste time and indulge himself on drugs, gambling, and sex workers (this also makes planning an actual Grail War strategy with him near impossible). But if he had to confess to a wish, it would be to slow down time as a reaction against the ever-increasing speed of the modern world, or even reverse time to return to the world that was taken from him.

Likes: Poetry, death, darkness, opium, wine, frivolous spending, idleness, women, Paris
    Dislikes: Morality (especially in art), Boredom 'the only real sin', having a job, actually finishing writing, the modern world, women, Paris
    Catalyst: A first-edition copy of Le Fleurs de Mal.
    Natural Enemy: It may be quicker to list those who aren't his natural enemies.
    Attribute: Beast.
    Rarity: 2-Star

Parameters

Strength: *****
    Agility: *****
    Endurance: *****
    Mana: *****
    Luck: *****

<<Skills
    Class Skills

Charisma

A composite Skill consisting of charm and the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.
    - Rank E-: Saver only possesses this Skill due to his Class, given he may otherwise be a contender for one of the least charismatic people in history. Anyone, friend or foe, who has a significant amount of contact with him will grow more and more demoralised.

Counter Hero

A natural presence that reduces the stats and parameters of Heroes the Servant faces.
    - Rank C: All Heroes' stats decrease a Rank, Anti-Heroes' stats remain unaffected.

Personal Skills

Appreciation of Blasphemy

An aesthetic appreciation of perverse and diabolical art.
    - Rank B: If Saver sees a Noble Phantasm with Cursed attributes, there is a high chance he'll be able to figure out its True Name.

Avenger

Normally the Class Skill of Avenger. It is easier for one to accumulate loathing and resentment. When receiving damage, mana generation is increased.
    - Rank B: Saver, all but animated through negative emotions like rage and disgust, can easily incite negative reactions in others and even draw inspiration and motivation from those negative reactions.
    This Ability however many explain exactly why Baudelaire has been summoned as Saver. the Class one would think he'd least fit. He possesses an almost Christ-like ability to single-handedly confront and bear the burden of All the World's Evil, and redeem it by seeing its inherent artistry.

Symbolism

The affinity for symbols, the abstract made physical, allowing one to unlock and utilise the metaphorical attributes of objects and people (e.g. a scythe as a symbol of Death, a rose as a symbol of Love, a cross as a symbol of sacrifice). This is a skill similar to what the Clock Tower would call 'sympathetic magic', though Saver would scoff at that term.
    - Rank A: The 'Father of Symbolism' and major inspiration on further Symbolist artists like Rimbaud, Verlaine, and Debussy. At this level not only can Saver also impose symbols of his own on things, but Symbols used by him become nearly Noble Phantasm-level in power. He has a special fondness for symbols of Death, Time, Mortality, Decay, the Ephemeral, Sin, Love, Intoxication and Poverty.
    >>

<<Noble Phantasms

Modernite
    Era of the Ephemeral

Type: Anti-City

Saver has been credited for coming up with the term, if not the whole concept of, 'Modernity'. One of his most enduring Symbols, this NP casts the modern city as emblem of ephemerality, of fleeting existence. His coining of Modernity has even led to Baudelaire being called the founder of Modernism altogether, on top of Symbolism.

A Bounded Field that can cover a city-sized area, the more densely populated the location Saver is in, the more this Noble Phantasm will rapidly accelerate the flow of time. Were he in a village of for example less than 1,000 people, this NP would have barely any effect Rank E). In a city that reaches a population of a million, two days would go by in the timespan of one, and months would be cut in half (Rank B). For a massive metropolis like Tokyo, Shanghai, or New York, time would become accelerated and compressed to dizzying speeds (Rank A).

This NP can be a double-edged sword, as the sped-up time can empower Saver's enemies as much as hinder them, given few would object to having fast-forwarded super-speed. However, it will also accelerate the rate at which Servants lose Mana, and dilute the effectives of Magecraft in general by adding further age.

Baudelaire is no fan of his own NP, treating more like a disease he diagnosed than anything he should want to see become reality. Even though the Noble Phantasm is still his to activate, he treats its coming as like an inevitably more than anything. Best to keep him around Mages and other Servants else his 'diagnosis' become to great from him to contain.

Au Lecteur
    Sowing the Seeds of Evil

'To the Reader', the poem that acts as a preface to Saver's most famous work, his monumental poetry collection Le Fleurs du Mal. This acts as a Mirror-like Symbol of the moral hypocrisy of anyone who confronts Saver, a damning statement that they and society in general are no less guilty of vice and malice than he is. It is no less than the ironclad belief that Le Fleurs du Mal is as much a manifestation of the readers' sins as it is the author's.

This Noble Phantasm takes the form of flower seeds that, when Saver 'plants' them into his target, sprout to project all of his own corruption onto his opponent (though he would claim he does not 'project' but simply brings out what corruption was already there). Similar to the corruption of the Grail but acting independently of Angra Mainyu, it shifts the target's Alignment over to Evil and their Attribute to Beast, and inflicts Baudelaire's own wastefulness, lack of motivation, and susceptibility to disease on them.

The obvious weakness to this Phantasm is that it doesn't affect anyone already of an Evil alignment or Anti-Heroic nature. Less fearsomely, it could be summed up as 'It takes one to know one' as a Noble Phantasm.

Tableaux Parisiens
    City of Love Lost

Type: Anti-Treasure

The Symbol of the emotions Saver felt towards Paris itself, it takes the form of dead flowers that saver can pin on a target, the flipside of Au Lecteur taking the form of seeds. When attached to Saver's target, this NP banishes from existence that which said target values the most. Children can lose parents, lovers can lose their significant other, a Servant can lose their most personal Noble Phantasm, a Magus could lose their Crest. For an advanced application, scattering these dead flowers throughout the city can even cause that city's most treasure symbol to vanish.

As the city of Paris modernised, Saver saw all the 'undesirable' people he associated with and drew inspiration from, the poor and unemployed, the aged, the diseased, the criminal, be increasingly phased out to make way for the 'glamorous' and 'respectable' refinement and remodelling of Paris. This process made him feel like a stranger in his own city, an alienation his poems Parisian Scenes, the crown jewel of his Fleurs du Mal, can in turn force others to confront.
    >>

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Baudelaire: I wish I could eloquently speak about this Servant as a normal person, but I can only make animalistic sounds and keysmashes how weird...
    But really! I was already sold at the FC, just take your win already will you it's not fair fighting against me using a Lelouch FC. But you just CAN'T go wrong with such a character, and this one was a good read. Welcome back? to the thread, I hope to see more good terrible boys like this in the future!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

First servant sheet ever! And also post on this site. Please note that english is not my first language, so feel free to criticize and correct me.

Servant: Rider

Alternate Classes: Archer, Berserker

True name: Koblandy

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Place of Origin: Central Asia

Attribute: Earth

Armament: Bow, Sword, Lance

STR: B++
    CON: C
    AGI: B++
    NP: A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses.
    Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of greater magecraft and Greater Rituals.

Riding: A+
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts.
    However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:

Bes Erlig: B
    A skill representing Rider's unique style of combat. Each confirmed hit with one armament makes the next one in line stronger and faster. The strengthening sequence is as follows: Bow > Lance > Sword > Bow. However, it takes hours of continuous fighting to reach the full potential of this skill. And each minute spent out of battle weakens its effects. Also grants an ability of almost instantaneous switch of armaments.

There were five main weapons of steppes. Bow, Lance, Sword, Mace and Ax. The greatest of warriors are said to be able to utilize them all in one combat. Koblandy himself was famous for his wild and aggressive way of battle. Constantly changing his weapons to maximize his effectiveness in a fight.

Prayer in Loneliness: A+
    The power to fight against multiple opponents just as effectively as against a single one. Numerical advantage becomes useless against Rider. He can dodge, adapt, and counter every attack aimed at him, as if he was fighting only a single enemy and not a thousand of them.

A line from his epic:
    “In battle he was akin to a tiger slaughtering a herd of sheeps.
    Forty thousand for him were just forty men.
    Fighting for 6 days straight, never letting a single enemy escape.
    And on the seventh day, defeating all men the city could muster,
    Widowing all wives and orphaning all children.”

Clairvoyance: B+
    Heightened capacity of observation. Rider is able to identify weak spots of even the smallest target at great distance. By using his sense of smell, nearby sounds, and flow of wind, Rider can track down any adversary within the range of a huge city. Additionally, present and future foresight becomes possible within dreams.

Noble Phantasms
    Spirit of the High World
    Taiburyl

Range: 2-50
    Max Targets: 50-150 people

Taiburyl, Koblandys closest friend, is a tulpar. A creature that can be mistaken for a Pegasus under the right conditions. Unlike Pegasus, Tulpar is born predestined to be a mount of a great hero. Similar to a Maguses Familiar, it is an extension of Rider himself.

While usually depicted as a winged horse, or a shapeshifting creature, in truth it lacks any physical form. Tulpar is a spirit that ‘possesses’ any mount Koblandy can ride with his riding skill, no difference if it’s a beast or a machine. Horses just happened to be only vehicles back in his days, hence similarities with Pegasus. Every mount Koblandy rides gains immense speed, as fast as 3000 km/h, and an ability to fly.

Even a mundane bike can become a fiercome steed thanks to this Noble Phantasm, though it is not without its weaknesses. If someone with high enough clairvoyance glances at Taiburyls true form, it will lose all of its power as long as it is seen. Because Taiburyl is a spirit that lacks any physical form, Koblandy might find himself in a bit of trouble if there are no mounts his Tulpar can possess.

Dowry of Four Clouds
    Kortka-Slu

Type: Barrier
    Range: 1-50
    Max Targets: 20 people

This Noble Phantasm is a gift Koblandy received from his father-in-law. Each cloud protects him from specific types of damage. First cloud snuffs out even the most intense flames and covers from the brightest rays of light before they could reach Rider. Second redirects any wind or cold attack pointed at him. Third halts the momentum of any projectiles and melee weapons aimed at Koblandy, reducing the speed and strength of their attacks by two ranks. Fourth empowers his allies by giving them his Noble Phantasm.

Those clouds look like a mist surrounding Rider. Automatically protecting him from any danger. However, only one of them can be active at a time. When Koblandy uses his fourth cloud, he gives his Noble Phantasm away. He can give all three clouds to one person, or each cloud to three different people.

Path of No Return
    Barsakelmes

Type: Anti-Time
    Range: ?
    Max Targets: ?

When Koblandy was fleeing from his enemies, he stumbled upon an unmapped island in the Aral sea. Deciding to lay low on it, he spent three days there. Upon returning to the mainland, he learned that instead of three days, thirty three years had passed. Later, this mysterious island was named Barsakelmes, a place with no way back.

This legend manifested as Rider's Noble Phantasm. Barsakelmes as a whole is his "mount" that he cannot fully control. By widely swinging his weapon he can cut through reality, opening a portal to an island he was trapped in. The island itself exists as a separate dimension, randomly accelerating and decelerating its flow of time. Koblandy is fully aware of everything happening in there, and he can even predict when the next time shift is going to occur.

Rider can use his ability to open portals as an escape or a combat maneuver. When the island's flow of time is accelerated, he can jump through the portal and because the distance covered at Barsakelmes translates to the real world, when he opens the portal back it would look like he just teleported. If the flow of time is decelerated, Rider can retreat back to his island and wait out unwinnable situations. However, if he is not careful he might disappear for several days.

Main shortcoming of this Noble Phantasm is that Koblandy is the only one who can interact with it. If someone or something else tried to go through the portal, they would pass through it as if there was no portal at all. His other one is that his mana reserves allow only two portals to exist at the same time.

Lore

Koblandy is the protagonist of “Qobylandy Batyr'', the national epic of Kazakh people. In the 19th century, the epic was recorded from the words of storytellers and aqyns. There are 29 versions of this epic in poetic form. Of these 26 are about Koblandys feats, while the other three are dedicated to his sons.

At the foot of mountain Karaspan, from a tribe of Kipchaks, lived an old man Toktarbai. There were no limits to his wealth, and yet he was a generous and unselfish man. Only one grief he held in his life. At the age of 70, he still did not have children of his own. His wife grieved with him, and together they prayed for a child. Then, his 50 year old wife suddenly became pregnant. Shedding tears of happiness at the birth of twins, brother and sister, Toktarbai named them Koblandy and Karlygash.

Young Koblandy grew fast in mind and body. At 10 he was sent to train with his uncle Estemis. All summer they trained and hunted together. Later, Koblandy participated in a tournament for the hand of a princess, Kortka. By winning the bow competition and slaying a rival giant, he won the princess' hand and love.

At 18, Koblandy marched to war. Khan Kazan, a cruel warlord who aimed to conquer the world, and his 40 thousand strong army were defeated by Koblandy alone. His ally Karaman, who was sad over missing the entire fight, suggested raiding Kazan’s neighbor, Khan Kobykty. This venture proved to be a failure when Koblandy was ambushed in his sleep and imprisoned. Kobykty immediately sent envoys to Khan Alshagyr, allying himself with him to conquer the homeland of Koblandy.

Sitting in his prison and lamenting his own greediness, Koblandy was visited by Karlyga, daughter of Khan Kobykty. She offered them an escape from prison, to which Karaman quickly agreed. However, Koblandy refused to trust the words of an enemy to run away like a coward. He wouldn’t move from his spot no matter how much they tried. Using her cunningness, Karlyga started to torture Taiburyl, forcing Kobldany out of prison.

While they were running away, Kobykty realized what had happened. Shedding tears at his own daughter's betrayal, he immediately started pursuit. Koblandy decided to face him alone, Karlyga told him about a weak spot in her fathers invincible armor. When Kobykty finally confronted them, Koblandy fired from a bow, aiming at a small spot at Kobykty’s armored neck. Finally hitting it from a third try, Kobykty dropped from his horse. With his final words he cursed his daughter and promised that his son will avenge his death.
    After their victory, they headed home with all the loot. Suddenly Koblandy’s horse started limping and then falling. Karaman, now with his army, either didn’t hear or ignored him, left Koblandy behind.

Cursing himself for not listening to his wife's warnings, and cursing Karaman for his greediness, he went to sleep. Dreams showed his homelands fate, everything sacked and everyone enslaved by invaders. Upon waking up he was met by Karlyga, who escaped the grasp of Karaman. She healed Taiburyl, and for that, Koblandy shed tears of thankfulness. He called her a true friend, and asked her to go back to Karaman and ask for his assistance against invaders.

Together they reached the city where his tribe was imprisoned. Koblandy dueled Khan Alshagyr, while Karaman and Karlyga battled his champions. Karaman playfully fought with Narkyzyl, and Karlyga crossed spears with giant Kara. After the battle was over and victors were decided, Byrshymbai, son of Kobykty, arrived to take his revenge. Like a lightning he struck all three of them with his spear, dehorsing and wounding them all. Karlyga, fearing that none of them could hope to defeat him even combined, took off her helmet. Byshymbai recognized his own sister, he rushed to help and ask for forgiveness for hurting her. Karlyga took this chance and sliced his throat.

With the war's end, Karlyga proposed to Koblandy. Disgusted by her actions, he ignored her and instead married Kortka, whom he was engaged to.

Several years have passed since then. New life emerged from their marriage. Their first son, Byrshymbai, followed in his fathers steps. Training with old warrior Estemis at the age of seven, and leading his own company at fourteen. But times of peace came to an end when Koblandys old enemies came for revenge. Taking him by surprise with their sudden invasion. Half-naked he fought with them, but soon was overwhelmed. Khan Shoshai didn’t want to take his life so dishonorably, he gave him three days to gather his allies and meet him in a duel. Agreeing to these terms, he rode the distance of an arrow and gave a long battle cry. Every one of his friends, no matter how far, heard his scream and soon arrived to assist him.

Meeting Shoshai and his army, Koblandy prepared to battle him. What he didn’t know is that Karlyga also heard his scream. After years of loneliness, she saw a chance for herself. Following the direction of his cry, she found Koblandy fighting Shoshai. Like a lightning she closed distance with him and pierced his side with a spear. Fatally wounded, Koblandy fell from Taiburyl and was saved only thanks to his son and Estemis.

Barely alive, he instructed his son Byrshymbai to defeat Shoshai in his stead. After Byrshymbai managed to defeat Khan Shoshai in a duel and repel his army, his father still could not fully recover from his wound. To put Koblandy on his legs, Kortka told her son to bring Karlyga to him unharmed.

Finding the yurt Karlyga isolated herself in, Byrshymbai told her what to his father. Not waiting for her answer, he rode back to his home. Karlyga soon followed.

Life glistened in Koblandys eyes at the mention of Karlyga. Kortka led her to the house where Koblandy still lays. At the sight of Koblandy, corners of her eyes started to glisten with blue. Koblandy only smiled at her tears, and offered Karlyga to join their lives.

Great feast followed their wedding. After the celebrations were over, Karaman, Koblandy and Karlyga gathered in a big yurt. Karaman told them, as the tradition goes, they must tell each other their true feelings. Karlyga started first. She fell in love with him for his noble heart, she sacrificed everything she had, she saved his life several times and yet he betrayed her trust and married another. Koblandy listened to her, and when his time to speak came, he told her:

”You told good, Karlyga, and yet, you did not mention your own mistakes. Your father, Kobykty, laid down a strong country. With honorable warriors and impenetrable cities. He was father to his people, and they idolized and loved him. Who was the Kipchak Koblandy to you, that you killed your own father for him? Where did you hear that an enemy turned out to be closer to someone than their own father?

I won’t deny it, you were my equal. And I always knew it. But who would trust a girl who killed her father? How could I rely on your loyalty after you treated your father and brother so harshly, ruthlessly?

I was attracted to you, but disturbed by your cruelty. It was like fetters on my feet, and I could not reach you in any way. And if we finally found each other, then let our life henceforth be sanctified by the most noble human qualities. You poured out your soul, I found something to answer. I can no longer reproach you, dear Karlyga!”.

Karlyga, sobbing, fell at the feet of Koblandy. He silently embraced her, and kissed her on tear-stained eyes.

At the foot of the mountain Karaspan, near the lake Kozdikol, two yurts of two Koblandys wifes were placed side by side. The friendly life of the inhabitants of the yurts, they say, has become an example for the steppes of many generations. Karlyga gave birth to his son Kiikbay. Thanks to two sons, Bokenbai and Kiikbai, Koblandy ensured a peaceful life for his people and remained forever in folk legends.

Personality
    Dislikes: Kinslayers, Time shenanigans
    Talent: Partying
    Natural Enemy: Medea

Bold, dashing and caring, Rider’s image more befits a stereotypical knight than a warrior of the steppes. He is the man that is easy to like and make friends with thanks to his cheerful attitude. Anyone he bonded with he considers a family, and there is nothing more sacred in the world to Rider than ties of family. He will go through everything to protect them, forgive their misdeeds, and turn blind eye to their flaws.

Though Rider possesses a great wisdom, it is buried under layers of deep-rooted childishness. He doesn’t consider many things overly seriously, only preferring making games of them and laughing along. For him, battle is just an honorable sparring. Rider will commend his enemies’ skill, show displeasure to their dirty tricks, and even give them another chance to fight if they lose. However, if anyone threatens people he cares for, Rider goes through an almost disturbing change of personality. Becoming cold and much more vicious in his attacks, willing to use every ruthless tactic he can.

Rider absolutely loves feasts and everything of similar nature. At holidays and parties, he goes beyondб in a hurry to try all possible entertainments. He usually passes out shortly after. Rider's wish for the grail is to die by his wives’ sides, which he was unable to do because of time travel.

Relationships:

Altera: “Attila the Great! She’s just like the stories my mother used to tell me. How she came from the stars and crushed those romans with her rainbow sword!”

Dobrynya: “S-sister?”

Medea: “Her legend reminds me too much of my own wife. Maybe if I marry her, she will stop being so sad all the time?”

Mandricardo: “Soo, from which tribe are you? Kerei, Naiman or…maybe we are from the same tribe!?”

Tamerlane: “I know it was you who drove me into that island. Know this, if I have the chance, I will break your second knee.”

Author's Notes
    It's finally done! After month of writing I have done my first sheet. I am still not satisfied with Koblandy's Noble Phantasms. Originally in his legend, Kortka-Slu's third cloud was supposed to give clairvoyance over his enemies, but Koblandy had a legend about invincibility to projectiles and swords. So I combined two legends into one NP. Ability I gave it feels kind of unoriginal. Should I change it back to clairvoyance? As for his other NP, Barsakelmes was a pain in the ass to properly adapt. I had 5 different versions of it, but they all were either OP or grossly impractical. Do any of you have better ideas for his time travel NP?

Another thing I learned is that Koblandy has barely any info about him on the english internet. I had to write a short version of his epic for you guys to know about his backstory. Sorry if it's hard to read, I tried.

Funny coincidence. Attila's father in my people's legends is called Zhuldyz, which means Star. So Altera is literally a child of Stars lol.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This a great debut dude. It's good to see more central Asian rep. Also, are you hinting at tamerlane as your next servant.