Page 515 of 858 FirstFirst ... 15415465505510513514515516517520525565615 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,300 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

please talk to me about your OCs Saron's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Foreigner Cain, with the justification that the fallen angels (Nephilim) his tribe contracted with were actually aliens? Okay, I'll stop now...
    *softly* "Don't."
    My thirst for Antonio grows by the second.

Man...

I Make Servants, Some Of Which Are Tragedies

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Nyarly is an actual character tho,
    And others have their own human avatars and worshippers. Or their corresponding MC that they love to tease at for some reasons.

My biggest gripe for Hokusai is, unlike Abby, she can pretty much work as a Servant without involving Cthulhu. Take out Cthulhu and nothing really change except her class and her fluff.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Nyarly is an actual character tho
    Yeah and I don't like it, it's the reason I stopped trying to approach all the dream world stuff, they make these incomprehensible eldritch entities way too human and totally comprehensible.

My biggest gripe for Hokusai is, unlike Abby, she can pretty much work as a Servant without involving Cthulhu. Take out Cthulhu and nothing really change except her class and her fluff.
    I guess we're just total opposites on this matter then, I like that they took very minor thing to make a connection that shouldn't exist, it allows for cool powers and more importantly, an interesting dynamic with her father. I like Lovecraft stuff as justification for them to write the servants they want and as tools for the villains, but I definitely don't want to have servants fight one of them or see cute anime girl Nyarl/Cthulhu/whoever be summoned as a servant.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Tbh I don't really like Nyarly either. But he is your 'go to' for a Lovecraftian character.

I'm not really dislike they have powers drawn from them. Would change my mind if in an actual story chapter, Cthulhu start inducing madness or something, then, I'm on. But as right now, he is just an accessory.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Yeah and I don't like it, it's the reason I stopped trying to approach all the dream world stuff, they make these incomprehensible eldritch entities way too human and totally comprehensible.
    Nyarla is unique amongst he Elder Gods for having "comprehensible" (if evil) motives. Basically, if the other Elder Gods see humans as ants and ignore them, Nyarla sees humans as ants and pulls out a magnifying glass.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tbh I don't really like Nyarly either. But he is your 'go to' for a Lovecraftian character.

I'm not really dislike they have powers drawn from them. Would change my mind if in an actual story chapter, Cthulhu start inducing madness or something, then, I'm on. But as right now, he is just an accessory.
    OOkay i will Keep yself from foreigners because i know nothing about Outer Gods or Lovecraft.There i will rather make a Profile of Seth and Horus and finnaly Saladin .

- - - Updated - - -

Nyarla is unique amongst he Elder Gods for having "comprehensible" (if evil) motives. Basically, if the other Elder Gods see humans as ants and ignore them, Nyarla sees humans as ants and pulls out a magnifying glass.
    what are Nyarlas Motives actually ?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't read it.
    I really doubt my first opinion would change if I did though.
    Hm to bad ,please look one more time there and tell me your oppinion?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nyarla takes different forms, collects followers and scares people wherever they go for fun

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Hm to bad ,please look one more time there and tell me your oppinion?
    Sorry, not interested. I already told you what I think about the concept and the execution, and adding more description to them won't change my opinion.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Name; Fenrir, Great God Devouring Beast
    Class; Beast
    Armament: None
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Source: Norse mythology
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Divine, Beast, Male, Large

Stats:
    Strength: B (A+)
    Agility: B (A++)
    Endurance: A
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A

Dislikes: Cloth
    Talents: Devouring gods
    Natural Enemy: Odin, Tyr

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Authority of the Beast: E-A+
    An Anti-Human Skill that enhances the skillholder's capacity to harm existences that are classified as Humans. Humans do not take more injury, but this skill's effect increases the more Divine Blood one has. As a Beast who’s goal is to devour the Divine and not Humans, this skill is only complimentary of its class container. But, the more Divinity a “human” possess, the more powerful this skill becomes.

Independent Manifestation: A+
    The capacity that permits the unrestricted projection and materialization of the soul, permitting the skillholder to freely manifest within a time period and location of one's choosing. Being that the skillholder's soul fundamentally exists in a place beyond the boundaries of life and death and the limits of the History of Man, time travel may be enacted at will; and the projected flesh is in essence an immortal puppet controlled by the skillholder's consciousness. Fenrir is eternally waiting for the end of the world, be it millions or billions of years, the world will begin its end, and there Fenrir will be to devour the gods.

Self Modification: D
    The ability to mold and modify one’s Saint Graph, adding new traits and abilities not originally present. As result of his Noble Phantasm, this skill results in his stats changing with the tightness of his bonds.

Personal Skills:
    Jaws of Everlasting Lacerations: EX
    The ability to leave permanent wounds that cannot be healed through use of one’s teeth. By possessing an cursed teeth, any wounds received by Beast are impossible to be healed by any means. The wounds one receives aren’t truly “wounds” but reshape their being and soul to believe that the injured part simply never existed. To appease Fenrir, a god placed his hand inside his mouth as a sign of trust. When this trust was betrayed, he tore off the god’s hand at the wrist, this injury never healing even after he returned to the Throne Gods.

Divinity: B+
    The skill representing one who possess divine blood. Can also be obtained by sainthood or being beloved by a deity. Those who possess A rank or above in this skill are those who reached godhood. One of Loki's and Angrboða's monstrous children, Fenrir's rank is reduced due to his beastly nature and hatred of the divine.

God Slayer (Innate): A+
    The ability to slay divine beings granted by ones heritage. At this rank, their entire reason for existing at all is to slay gods and the divine alone. Fenrir’s destiny is too devour the King of Gods, Odin, but his legend never states whether he can not devour other gods as well.

Noble Phantasm
    Gleipnir
    Impossible Binding of Rocks

A
    Anti-Unit (Self)
    Targets: 1
    Range: ~

A binding wrapped around Fenrir’s body, if it were any tighter Fenrir would be incapable of even moving. This cloth serves as a restriction of Fenrir’s power, the cloth only breaking when Ragnarök has begun.

Forged from the sound of a cat’s footsteps, the beard of a woman, and other concepts that did not exist, the sheer concept of non-existence around it makes it that even a Divine Beast capable of killing the strongest of gods is helplessly restrained. Of course, that is its biggest weakness, as proving that one of those things exists will weaken the cloth greatly and letting Fenrir simply tear it off his hide and fight unrestricted.

If one is able to let Fenrir trust them enough to stick their hand in his mouth, they have two choices to make. Either unwind the cloth off his tortured hide, or bind it tighter. Releasing Fenrir would allow him to release his true power, showing mercy to his releaser. Binding it tighter will restrict his abilities and make Fenrir far weaker and slower, but he will bite off their hand as soon as he notices.

Lore
    Beast is Fenrir, the monstrous wolf of divine heritage in Norse mythology. Mentioned in the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Fenrir is said to be locked away, restrained by a magical cloth until the world ends, in which he will devour Odin and then be killed by Odin’s son Vidar.

Born from Loki and Angrboða, Fenrir’s fate as a God Killer was sealed from his birth, with his immense power and god killing fangs, he was feared and ostracized. In fear, they tried to restrain him with chains, but no chain they could forge could hold him. They went to dwarves, and had them forge something simple, a cloth made from impossibility itself, Gleipnir.

Fenrir, knowing their previous attempts to restrain him, had one term for them to drape the cloth on him. A god had to stick their hand in his cursed mouth.

All the gods shied away, fearing losing their hand. Until the Nameless God appeared, offering to do it in their places. Fearlessly, he placed his hand into Fenrir’s mouth, and when the cloth tightly wounded around Fenrir’s hide, he tore the god’s hand clean off. This Nameless God's bravery was so great, he was given the name Tyr, and became a celebrated god of battle.

But, Fenrir was bound, alone, cold and freezing in the wastes. So he roared into the empty air, demanding freedom to devour the gods who imprisoned him this way.

Personality
    Fenrir was once a rather helpless and kind pup, who loved his family and the world, but was unaware of the fear his family possessed of him. When they first chained him, he broke free only after a day of confusion. When they tried again, hatred festered in his heart.

With every chain broken, his rage grew exponentially. Until the pup was no more, and the beast replaced him. Chaos and hatred rule his heart, but he does not shy away from his destiny to kill Odin. But he does not intend to simply die after his role is fulfilled. He shall devour the gods who praised Odin, then devour the humans who loved his imprisoners.
    <I>
    Wasn't really feeling like putting anything in this month's contest, but I've been dead for a bit so I figured I'd make this.

Man...

Blog Entries
    Fenrir: I remember writing up a moe girl version of Fenris back on the old thread, so it's fun seeing a more "traditional" take on his legend. Don't understand why you didn't post this in the contest thread though. It wasn't because you were feeling inferior after You's Harambe sheet, was it? If so, you shouldn't let that kind of thing get to you. Just make the best entry you can and don't worry about what others do.

- - - Updated - - -

For a lore-related critique, I'm a little surprised by Fenrir's lack of Monstrous Strength, Natural Monster or any similar Skill. Seems like an obvious omission for a "giant monster" Servant...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It wasn't because you were feeling inferior after You's Harambe sheet, was it? If so, you shouldn't let that kind of thing get to you. Just make the best entry you can and don't worry about what others do.
    Nah it's nothing like that, I'm just not really in a contest-y mood.
    For a lore-related critique, I'm a little surprised by Fenrir's lack of Monstrous Strength, Natural Monster or any similar Skill. Seems like an obvious omission for a "giant monster"...
    I debated it, but I wasn't sure if I could squeeze in another skill on top of his three others, as Monstrous Strength, and it feels like too much for another skill anyway when his teeth can literally delete your body parts from existence.

Man...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...So is Fenrir a Beast against the Gods?
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm, I don't like it, to be honest.
    First of all it feels like you chose the Beast class just because of the class' name. His authority is against the divine instead of humans, he doesn't have the principle of a human evil, he doesn't have a Nega skill, and he doesn't even have any hatred born out of love towards humanity; seems more like a Berserker with the wrong class skills.
    I do like his first skill though, it's a creative way to integrate his most famous legend into his abilities.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm, I don't like it, to be honest.
    First of all it feels like you chose the Beast class just because of the class' name. His authority is against the divine instead of humans, he doesn't have the principle of a human evil, he doesn't have a Nega skill, and he doesn't even have any hatred born out of love towards humanity-
    The reason for his designation as Beast is that it's the only class that really fits him, as even though hates the divine, he's still a signal of the Apocalypse which would bring about Humanity's end as well as the Gods. I tried incorporating the hate/love dynamic in with his love of his family turning to hatred and resentment towards them for fearing him.
    seems more like a Berserker with the wrong class skills
    That actually gives me an idea for an alternate version of Fenrir...give me time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    ...So is Fenrir a Beast against the Gods?
    That was my intention, a Beast who kills Gods, but destroys Humanity indirectly. For example, if Odin's dead, who's keeping the absolute crapton of other monsters at bay and leading the other gods? Killing Odin is a necessary part for Ragnarök to come to fruition, almost destroying humanity save Líf and Lífþrasir.

Man...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    The reason for his designation as Beast is that it's the only class that really fits him, as even though hates the divine, he's still a signal of the Apocalypse which would bring about Humanity's end as well as the Gods. I tried incorporating the hate/love dynamic in with his love of his family turning to hatred and resentment towards them for fearing him.
    As it is he doesn't fit the class though, for the reasons I listed. You should have put more work into adapting his character into the concept of the Beasts if you think his apocalyptic nature fits the class so much.

Also the hate/love thing is not for individuals, it's for humanity as a whole, and his family isn't even human. I get what you tried to do here but a Beast that isn't focused on humanity isn't a Beast at all.

Blog Entries
    For a case like this you might be better off making an original "Monster" Class, like I did for my Fenrir sheet.

Blog Entries
    I had been thinking about trying to make a Beast Fenrir, but I couldn't think of a human evil for him to represent. It could be 'an evil that humans themselves made' like that one Amaterasu sheet a while back, but it was the Aesir that made Fenrir into an enemy not humanity, so it didn't quite seem to fit. I thought that maybe Fenrir could be a 'natural evil' in that he's just doing whats in his nature but that doesn't really fit the 'human evil' thing the Beast Class has going. I ultimately couldn't think of a good evil for him to represent so I scrapped the concept.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    I had been thinking about trying to make a Beast Fenrir, but I couldn't think of a human evil for him to represent. It could be 'an evil that humans themselves made' like that one Amaterasu sheet a while back, but it was the Aesir that made Fenrir into an enemy not humanity, so it didn't quite seem to fit. I thought that maybe Fenrir could be a 'natural evil' in that he's just doing whats in his nature but that doesn't really fit the 'human evil' thing the Beast Class has going. I ultimately couldn't think of a good evil for him to represent so I scrapped the concept.
    find a fancy word for gluttony that isn't gluttony
    or it'd just be the same comparison as Primate Murder
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Consumption or Pride works, literally devouring the gods to bring about your age.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Something related to distrust could be a fitting sin as well