Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    NP: B

Skills
    Passive skills

Item Construction (Fake): C
    Crassus doesn’t possess a proper Item Construction.
    Instead of manufacturing items through magecraft, he prefers to make use of his money to purchase anything he needs, or to hire employees that will do all the work in his place.

Territory Acquisition: B+
    A variant of Territory Creation. The ability to purchase a territory advantageous to oneself instead of creating it.
    Crassus’ vast property was acquired mostly through speculation. Taking advantage of the numerous fires that used to take place in Rome, he purchased not only the burned buildings, but the neighboring ones as well since the residents feared a collapse. Thanks to this he managed to take possession of most of the city.

Personal skills

Golden Rule: B+
    Natural ability to attract money and riches.
    One of the richest figures from his time, with a fortune considered second only to that of the emperor Augustus, worth 14 million sesterces, same as the annual budget of the whole Roman Empire. He also was said to have bought and personally educated over 500 slaves to manage his large domains. Due to all of this, he was nicknamed ‘Dites’ by the masses.

Gilded Charisma: C
    A subspecies of Charisma closely tied to the Golden Rule skill. Can earn the favor of the masses or exert authority by making use of one’s acquisitive power.
    The generosity of Crassus was well-known in the Roman Empire, being able to share his fortune with all the citizens of Rome for three months and to offer a 10% of it to the cult of Hercules. On the other hand, he frequently made use of bribes and blackmails to avoid punishment and inculpation.

Incitement: EX
    A mental attack coming from the speech and gestures necessary to move the masses.
    The gift of oratory employed by a politician and a real estate agent. Thanks to his talent with words, the ability of Crassus as an advocate was praised to be equal or superior to that of the other great speakers of the time: Pompeius, Cicero, and even Julius Caesar himself. He also made use of this ability for speculation, enabling him to purchase property at an absurdly low price.

Noble Phantasm
    Crassus Dites
    The power of the richest

Type: Anti-Army (Self)
    Range: 1~100
    Maximum number of targets: 500 people

A man who can’t support an army of his own substance can’t call himself rich. Such a quote is attributed to Marcus Licinius Crassus, who made use of his fortune to sustain the troops under his command. Though he wasn’t above gathering funds for his campaigns through sacking and extortion, most of the budget was paid from Crassus’ own pocket. Thus, it was all but logic that Crassus’ riches became his Noble Phantasm.

Simple to use but extremely versatile in application, this is a support-type Noble Phantasm to bolster the ally party through investment of money. By spending a certain amount of his wealth, it is possible to apply numerous effects such as increase of physical ability, recovery of injuries, enhancement of weapons, acquisition of new territory, etc. It is also possible to invoke a replica of the army Crassus used to command in life, with a manpower proportional to the invested money but an existence limited to a few turns.

Crassus can freely call his slaves as well, without losing any money in the process since slaves are already his property. Their combat power is non-existent, but they are versed in blacksmithing, architecture, administration, and many other fields, having been instructed by Crassus himself. Since their existence isn’t sustained through money, they take a toll in the consumption of magical energy instead. Should all of the over 500 slaves he had in total be summoned at the same time, the mana consumption would prove to be too much for even a first-rate mage.

There is also a more unorthodox and rudimentary way of utilizing this Noble Phantasm, by directly melting gold to craft constructs of different types. They are mostly weapons such as swords and shields, all of them made of pure gold and of a refined quality, but there is also the possibility of Crassus encasing parts of his body into golden armor to increase his own battle proficiency should he engage in close quarters combat.

Character
    Personality

At first sight, an eccentric millionaire who would look down on the plebeians and wouldn’t bother mingling with them. But contrary to his looks, he’s actually a kind-hearted, friendly, and generous man who is easy to approach. Appearing to be always in a good mood, he likes to greet everyone by name, and tries to soften any conversation by skipping the formalities unless he deals with someone of an equal or superior status. Everyone is always welcome to eat at his table, and everyone is invited to his celebrations as well, no matter their position. Quite the philanthropist.

That’s it, until the issue of money comes up.

Crassus’ true nature is that of a greedy real estate agent. Even if there are very few fortunes that his own is second to, he will never stop looking to become richer and richer. He’s also exceedingly demanding with the paying of loans, and isn’t above resorting to extortion when he wants to buy property. Someone ignorant of his background may think that in the end he’s just like every other rich man, but Crassus himself doesn’t think so. Having had to climb up from the bottom of society to recover his family’s status, it seems he fears falling down again if he doesn’t obtain more and more profit. Incidentally, his past is the same reason why he never lies when he says “I had to work like hell to get this rich!”, though the poorest ones may never understand him.

For all his immeasurable richness, his overflowing charisma, and his superior eye for business, Crassus is absolutely incompetent with military matters. Having met his end prematurely due to that, his biggest regret seems to be not having been a good commander, and looks to improve that aspect of himself.

Treatment with the Master

With his rather laid-back character and warm approach to people, Crassus seems quite the amicable Servant. However, those with a notable fortune should be wary of him, lest he finds a way to make it his.

Dialogue examples

Summoning: “Well, first things first. Let’s begin with the introductions. My name’s Marcus Licinius Crassus, consul of Rome and ruler of Syria. Ah yes, my class is Caster. What’s your name and occupation? Come on, don’t let my position scare you, I won’t look down on you for being a commoner. After all, no matter who am I you are the one that’s called ‘Master’ here.”

Bond 1: “Oh, good day to you, <name>! Hm? Of course I won’t call you ‘Master’. I like calling people by their names. Slaves, townsfolk, patricians, even the Caesar… Everyone has a name, and I want to remember it.”

Bond 2: “Hello again! Are you about to head to the cafeteria? I heard today’s menu is quite a delicacy so I won’t stop you from going, but if there ever is something that doesn’t suit your tastes, feel free to join my table. I’ll treat you to a true Roman banquet. Bring Mash too, I’m sure she’ll be delighted.”

Bond 3: “Chaldea… It’s far from being as large as Roma, but I heard that it wouldn’t exist without enough money to buy a whole country. So, who’s in charge of this place at the moment? I’d like to have a little… talk, about business with them if they don’t mind.”

Bond 4: “I admit it, I had my eyes set on Chaldea from the moment I arrived. But it’s not what you think. I’m not interested in its thaumaturgy to observe the past, nor in its ritual system to summon countless Servants. It was the ability to supply power to a whole nation what called my attention. So, how about I make a deal with you, Master? Sell me that power at four times its price, then I’ll take your earnings, but I’ll also pay you back triple the original price. It’s not a bad deal, and everybody wins. Think about it and sign this contract once you accept. I’ll be waiting.”

Bond 5: “Alright, alright. I’ll give up the thought of buying Chaldea’s property. We’ve bonded for long enough to be true friends, and I won’t touch my friends’ belongings. Rather, now I’m interested in your commanding skills. How can a simple citizen like you make all these Heroic Spirits follow your lead? If you have any advice for this failure of a commander, please tell me.”

Likes: “What do I like? Well, I guess it’d be too obvious to say I love money so maybe I should tell you something else. You know Heracles, the hero we Romans know as Hercules? His strength is as admirable as that of the Roman Empire. ”

Dislikes: “I hate greedy men who just want to get rich without doing anything. If you want something, you have to dirty your own hands and work hard for it. That’s how I became as rich as I am.”

Wish for the Grail: “There are few things I can’t afford, but my fortune isn’t large enough. Even so, I won’t use shortcuts to increase it. If I had to make a wish, it would be for me to be a better commander. Then that kind of mistake wouldn’t happen again.”

Related characters
    Gaius Julius Caesar
    Life must have treated you really well after my death if your gut is this swollen. Not really? Well well, leaving that aside, how about we join forces like in the old times? I know I can trust you, unlike that Pompeius.

Spartacus
    I’m ashamed to have been honored for subduing your rebellion. In a sense, I know deep inside that you were right to stand against us. But I suppose you don’t care a bit about the words of the oppressor who took your head.

Iskandar
    Receiving military advice from one of the greatest tacticians in the world would be a great help. That “Admirable Great Tactics” game should make wonders for my formation. What do you think?

Heracles
    So even the great Hercules, who is rumored to be the father of our Divine Founder is here! I must prepare a banquet in his honor post-haste! Spread the voice around Chaldea, everyone is invited to share my table!

Gilgamesh
    Now that’s a fortune I can’t compete with. Being able to supply a whole empire for one year is one thing, but having all the treasures of the world? Hahaha, that’s too much for me.

Queen of Sheba
    Hahahahaha! I haven’t had this sort of rivalry with a woman since Licinia. I warn you, your assets won’t have any effect on me. I’m only interested in your wealth!

Hi guys, it's been a long time since the last time I was active. Between group projects from college and getting hooked to Genshin Impact, I couldn't enter the forum very often. But rest assured, I'll keep the compilations updated no matter what .

With that said, here's a sheet to see if I'm too rusty, though I think it didn't turn out so bad. BTW, from now on I'll only include a Biography section if there's any deviation from the Servant's original lore, since I already explain many things about it in the different parts of the sheet. Enjoy!
    Last edited by King of Padoru; December 22nd, 2020 at 08:03 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back home Padoru or Okaeri Karera ga Nihon de iu yō ni(how one says in Nihon) !

and you are not rusty i think its quite great servant profile which reminds me that i plan to make one contemporary of Crassus and Ceaser namely the Daci King Burebista , and i would be curious what he would think of my Kay Kawus as when your Crassus is a rich in property is my Kawus a rich "Farmer" ,or my Titanica as she is basically the modern incarnation of Luxury ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Welcome back home Padoru or Okaeri Karera ga Nihon de iu yō ni(how one says in Nihon) !

and you are not rusty i think its quite great servant profile which reminds me that i plan to make one contemporary of Crassus and Ceaser namely the Daci King Burebista , and i would be curious what he would think of my Kay Kawus as when your Crassus is a rich in property is my Kawus a rich "Farmer" ,or my Titanica as she is basically the modern incarnation of Luxury ?
    Hi Koga, it's good to be back.

Regarding Crassus' relations with Kay Kavus and Titanica... As rich as he was, the man actually had quite the humble life, so he wasn't as interested in luxury and indulging himself as others. If you add the differences of personality between your Kavus and my Crassus, I don't think they'd be the best of friends.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Crassus: This is a fun one. His personality does a good job of making him come off as genuinely charming and boisterous while still acknowledging the darker aspects of his life. His NP being basically the culmination of the concept "pay to win" is so fitting for him. Reminds me a little of Fitzgerald's ability from Bungou Stray Dogs to strengthen himself in proportion to how much money he spent. I have to say I'm a bit surprised there's no spot in his Relationships section for Kintoki given their shared "Golden" obsession. (Well, Crassus might not be that gaudy all the time, but he certainly gives that impression in his FC).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey Royd, your comments are always appreciated!

I actually was inspired on Fitzgerald's ability for the NP, and was even considering using him as the FC instead of Tesoro, but since a plain power-up would be a boring copy-paste I gave it more versatility. Kintoki was also going to have a place in the Relationships, with Crassus wanting to adopt him for understanding the awesomeness of Golden, but somehow felt unfitting so I removed it (besides, Raikou would never allow anyone taking away her baby boy).

Changed the FC to something a bit less gaudy.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; December 22nd, 2020 at 08:05 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Hey Royd, your comments are always appreciated!

I actually was inspired on Fitzgerald's ability for the NP, and was even considering using him as the FC instead of Tesoro, but since a plain power-up would be a boring copy-paste I gave it more versatility. Kintoki was also going to have a place in the Relationships, with Crassus wanting to adopt him for understanding the awesomeness of Golden, but somehow felt unfitting so I removed it (besides, Raikou would never allow anyone taking away her baby boy).

Changed the FC to something a bit less gaudy.
    For his NP you did a good job on tailoring it to Crassus' own legend by making most of the buffs supportive rather than to himself, reflecting how he financed his army. And yeah, that FC fits how you described him a bit more now.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh wow that is an unexpected servant concept i actually hoped not to see yet. Im working on something similar in nature for a while now. Hope mine doesnt seem too derivative of ur Crassus. In fact i think I may add crassus to the relationship part or make other references, but the character is not yet fully decided.
    I think i have an eye on fitzgerald as FC as well, im aware he is from stray dogs, but i never watched it, so I learned something about his powers now.
    Regardless, really cool sheet. The writing of the character itself is really strong, looking forward to see more sheets again.

Blog Entries
    Crassus: Fun, fun sheet, for the third of the triumvirate. Not much of his dark side beyond the profile on his personality -- his extortionate use of Rome's first fire brigade, his proscribing an enemy of his who had wealth and property he wanted, nothing at all about his relationship with Licinia -- but all that, accurate as they would be as well, would've distracted from his portrayal as an amiable, if unscrupulous, self-made rich man.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:26 PM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Crassus is an incredibly interesting sheet. You've essentially taken the concept of "Power through wealth", taken it a step down from Dr. Gilgamesh, and then stirred a little bit of Iskandar soup into the mix, like fresh herbs in mapo tofu. It's like Caster Gilgamesh, but less arrogant. And as we all know, CasGil is good civilization. In particular, the insecurity of Crassus is a good addition, as it displays his desire to grow beyond the legend that he left behind, evoking Gilgamesh's final comment to Herakles in UBW. As expected from you, the quality is high.

Timoclea too is a quality Servant, and I have to agree with Fortuna; she's akin in temperament to Medea, but I'd call her much more volatile. It truly depends on what she considers abuse or mistreatment. If an opposing Servant is a woman, does killing her count as abuse, or is it a justified conquest in order to obtain the Holy Grail? Such questions would be wonderful in a narrative, especially if they were not clarified until they came up. Really, I quite like it.

Blog Entries

(this is a shitpost, kinda)
    Class: Saver
    True Name: Jesus
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Historical Facts, New Testament
    Attribute: Man, Sky

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: EX
    LCK: C
    NP: EX

Class Skills:
    Charisma of the Messiah: A+
    Being arguably one of, if not the most, popular person on the planet, Saver’s charisma functions in a completely different way than the Charisma of rulers, warlords and showpersons. Rather than to command armies or nations, it is more an ability to govern the world.

Counter-Hero: B
    Heroic Spirits of the Saver class have attained what can be considered the very peak of the heroic act -- humanity’s salvation. Having grasped the essence of being a “hero”, Saver can reduce the parameter of any hero encountered by two ranks. However, it’s only half as effective against anti-heroes.

Personal Skills:
    Miracle: EX
    From his birth to his death and resurrection, Saver’s life is filled with miracles, from minor miracles such as walking on water, to bringing life back to the dead and even resurrecting himself. In modern times most of what he did can be replicated as simple magecraft -- but it can be said that it was one of Saver’s major miracles that allows magecraft to be used to the present time at all.

Salvation of the Holy Cross: EX
    Testament of the divine messiah who endured human suffering for the sake of bestowing humanity the means to protect themselves against Human Evils. It is an anti-purge defense mechanism worthy of a “Protector of the World”. Grants complete immunity to mental interference and also unconditionally reduces damage from physical attacks, conceptual attacks, inter-dimensional attacks by an amount equivalent to his own MP. Additionally, can nullify attacks received from any incarnations of the Seven Sins. However, this protection only applies to attacks from spiritual bodies and objects of magical origins; only normal humans with ordinary weapons within “true common sense of man” are allowed to harm or even kill Saver.

Noble Phantasms:
    Logos Incarnation
    The Word Made Flesh
    Type: Unknown
    A Noble Phantasm that signifies Saver’s true nature as fully divine yet fully human. He whose birth and manifestation heralded the end of the Age of Gods and the start of the Age of Man, as well as the separation of the Counter Force into Alaya and Gaia. By incarnating into the body of a human, God declares His boundless love towards humanity. The Star of Bethlehem appears in the sky, and the earth below is transformed for the salvation of the human species. In essence, it is the Denial of Nothingness -- Creatio Ex Nihilo.

Passio Christi
    Taking Away the Sin of the World
    Type: Anti-Sin
    The Lamb of God sacrifices himself, and humanity is absolved from all kinds of sin. Converging into himself the sins of the total human population and the pain and suffering they brought, Saver converts them into magical energy, forming a giant cross as tall as the earth’s atmosphere, to either discharge them into a blessing full of mercy and love to the world, or the ultimate anti-unit attack.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Class: Saver
    An appropriate Servant for the current time. It makes me wish I'd finished my Christmas Sheet on time but never mind, I suppose. Maybe next year?
    Also, welcome back Padoru!

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    An appropriate Servant for the current time. It makes me wish I'd finished my Christmas Sheet on time but never mind, I suppose. Maybe next year?
    Also, welcome back Padoru!
    Happy and Merry Christmas to you Anju and the otherrs here may you have some nice relaxed Days !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar

Class: Berserker
    Alt. Class: Assassin
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Region: Greece
    Source: Odyssey
    Armament: Chains, Cane

Parameters:
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: B++
    Agility: C-
    Mana: A+
    Luck: D

Class Skills

Madness Enhancement C
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, but in exchange, one can no longer think and speak properly.

Personal Skills

Blessings of the Sea God D
    A subset of the Divinity skill, one possessed by the children of Poseidon.

Acting on the will of her father, Berserker was able to manipulate water to the extent of heavily flooding the land before being turned by Zeus. The rank has degraded due to becoming a monster.

Demon of Mutation (Water) A
    A Skill that denotes how a hero or god was transformed into a demon in life. Its nature has changed due to being fused with the skill Mana Burst (Water). As such, the effects are a bit different.

Berserker's physique has become quite fluid, allowing her to more easily resist, or outright wade through, certain attacks. The "++" shown in her Endurance parameter is due to this skill.

Monstrous Strength A+
    A Skill that temporarily grants a rank-up to one's Strength parameter for a time limit determined by the ranking of this Skill. It is borne from the holder's nature as a monster or Demonic Beast.

Berserker is a monster of the highest grade, only held back by the chains keeping her form tied down and the malfunctions of her core.

Between Scylla and Charybdis EX
    A skill that imposes an intense mental attack on a targeted enemy while significantly empowering a selected ally to assist the user. Effected enemies will always see Berserker and her empowered ally as the most dangerous in an area, however, those with sufficient mental resistance won't overlook other elements.

Between Scylla and Charybdis was an idiom created to mean having to venture between two opposing dangers, this skill is the result of its existence. Loses effectiveness when utilizing Charybdis Maelstrom.

Noble Phantasms

Charybdis Maelstrom: Monster of Messina's Strait, Swallow Thrice Times and Bellow For Last.
    Type: Anti-Army, Anti-World

A noble phantasm that represents Berserker's claim to fame within mythology. When activated, Berserker sinks into the ground as if it were water then emerges transformed into her monstrous state. This state is quite durable and would be able to take most attacks without harm. However, the form continually strains on Berserker's capacity to think until her mind breaks under the pressure, leaving her as the mindless, and voracious, horror she once was.

The main feature of her monstrous form is that it contains an imaginary pocket space meant to take in and break down substances and reform it as magical energy. Normally, this magical energy would then go to the master she is serving under but due to the damage done by Zeus, it is forcefully expelled back into the world as a beam due to the instability of her pocket space. This instability is also what limits how Berserker can swallow at a time.

It was said long ago that Charybdis would've been able to deprive the world of its ocean in just three gulps, and if she wasn't as broken as she is now, the chances wouldn't have been small.

Personality

Berserker could be described as having infantile emotions. She was mainly meant to exist as an extension of Poseidon's will, to sink the land into his ocean. She never understood the idea of living and thus never comprehended the value of a life, which led to her downfall. It was after becoming a monster that she began to understand just a little within that haze of hunger, having encountered those so dogged in their pursuit to cling to life, especially the one who wanted to return to his love.

Her attitude towards the master is one of subservience, taking care to achieve any goals set out for her in the quickest, and most devastating, way possible.

Creator's Note: This has kinda been in the works for a while. I was kinda struggling for her skills and personality so bear with me if they are a bit basic.
    Edit: Fused Mana Burst (Water) and Demon of Mutation to prevent too many skills.
    Last edited by Vance; December 25th, 2020 at 01:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Just to check, this is Charybdis, right Vance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Just to check, this is Charybdis, right Vance?
    Yeah

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to everyone for the feedbacks and welcoming messages, feels great to be back like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Crassus: Fun, fun sheet, for the third of the triumvirate. Not much of his dark side beyond the profile on his personality -- his extortionate use of Rome's first fire brigade, his proscribing an enemy of his who had wealth and property he wanted, nothing at all about his relationship with Licinia -- but all that, accurate as they would be as well, would've distracted from his portrayal as an amiable, if unscrupulous, self-made rich man.
    I'd have liked to show more about his worse side, but his kind part was more interesting because it made him different from the typical Mr Burns-type billionaire. Anyways it's not broken so it doesn't need to be fixed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Marcus Licinius Crassus: Glad to see you back King of Pandoru, I have to say in my mind you hit it out of the park with this one. The idea of him as just a guy whose main philosophy is to throw money at his problems is an interesting take and definitely makes for an interesting caster servant. I can totally imagine the guy using his Incitement to bribe people to fight for him and his golden rule skill (while normally kind of in my mind a throwaway skill) actually really adds to his charter and makes it feel not just as a bit of trivia or character building, but a tangible threat in that any money he has as a Caster feeds back into his Noble phantasm which with a competent master who has skill in military matters, could make him a dangerous foe in a grail war. Overall I like his personality in that he's greedy but also has other motivations other than wealth (improving his military skill and his philanthropy towards his slaves and others) which make him an interesting character.
    I mean, Crassus' selling point is his wealth, not making him money-based would be like not making Siegfried a dragon slayer . It's a pity that we don't have many more Servants that actually make use of their riches in battle (I think we only have Gil, Drake, and Darius?). Glad you liked him!

Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Crassus is an incredibly interesting sheet. You've essentially taken the concept of "Power through wealth", taken it a step down from Dr. Gilgamesh, and then stirred a little bit of Iskandar soup into the mix, like fresh herbs in mapo tofu. It's like Caster Gilgamesh, but less arrogant. And as we all know, CasGil is good civilization. In particular, the insecurity of Crassus is a good addition, as it displays his desire to grow beyond the legend that he left behind, evoking Gilgamesh's final comment to Herakles in UBW. As expected from you, the quality is high.
    This recipe-y description is probably the most amusing type of feedback I've read in a long time. Thanks a lot!

And now, some comments on the new sheets:

Jesus: Sheet's simple but goes straight to the point, a short and nice read. Only Santa could be more fitting for this date. Speaking of which, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Charybdis: Must feed with affection, love, and real food. She's just so cute I wish I could hug her. Just a little critique, but given her origins, shouldn't she have a skill like Gorgon's Demon of Mutation?

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    The Great Serpent who Crushes the Gods
    Class: Avenger
    Alternate Classes: Berserker
    True Name: Jǫrmungandr, Kadoc Zemlupus
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Source: Nordic Mythology

Face
    Vessel

Noble Phantasm

Source: Official Prillya Manga

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: C-
    Mana: B
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A

Biography
    In the legends of Scandinavia, there is a Divine Beast who was born of the Mischievous God Loki and the Jǫtunn Angrboða, said to be the one who will bring down the Thunder God Thor. Jǫrmungandr they called it. Huge Monster. Indeed, the serpent is great enough to encircle the globe, the Great Serpent of Miðgarðr.

When Jǫrmungandr was but a hatchling, it was thrown into the ocean that encircles Miðgarðr by Odin, and left to drown. Whether by cruel fate, or by some blessing from his mother, the little Elver lived, and grew immense, both in size and fury. In the Age of Man, the sizes achieved even in these youthful years of Jǫrmungandr would be impossible, and the Counter Force would crush it, but in the Age of Gods, it defined the boundaries of size in Scandinavia, the very concept of "A large individual object".

Still in its youth, Jǫrmungandr was employed by the Jǫtunn King Útgarða-Loki to trick Thor. Already at impossible sizes, Jǫrmungandr agreed to this treachery, and disguised itself as a gigantic cat. Thor could lift only a single one of Jǫrmungandr's paws, but even so, the very fabric of the Age of Gods was threatened to collapse if even a single more paw rose from the floor.

In its middle ages, Jǫrmungandr was fished from the ocean, yet again by Thor. Furious, it prepared to crush both Thor and his companion with its massive head, but the fishing line was cut before blows could be dealt, and Jǫrmungandr sunk back into the depths. It was infuriated that its slumber was disrupted by the petulant god, but even still it returned to its rest.

And then along came Zeus Surtr.
    Surtr initiated the Ragnarök, and both Fenrir and Jǫrmungandr awoke from the deep places of the world, where evil creatures yet live. The Wolf froze the lands and stole the Sun, and the Serpent poisoned the waters and skies. In the end, Jǫrmungandr once again faced Thor, and its fury overtook it; the two fought to the death, and both combatants perished at each other's hands. Even despite killing its hated enemy, Jǫrmungandr's final moments were of lament; "Why, O' Father, could I not kill them all?" it cried, and then its poison overtook Thor, and the two died simultaneously.

Class Skills
    Avenger A
    The Class Skill of Avengers. It represents the capacity of Avengers to gather up hatred and direct it towards themselves, making it easier to accumulate hatred. When under attack, the regeneration of Magical Energy is increased. At the rank of A, Jǫrmungandr directs all hatred towards himself and screams his hatred towards the Gods.

Oblivion Correction C
    Another Class Skill. People forget many things in their lives, but an Avenger will never forget even a single moment, allowing them to constantly fuel their hatred and anger. His fury will never abate. Because his hatred of Thor was forgotten, and he was instead cast by history as a mindless beast, Jǫrmungandr's rank is low.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) B
    An Avenger's Magical Energy constantly surges, granting them a trickle of mana no matter what the circumstance is. For as long as Gods are worshipped, even if they are not Scandinavian, he will never stop trying to tear away at the world. An Avenger screams in fury, tramples the world, and kills every trace of what wronged them, before burning away themself.

Magic Resistance A+
    Due to being a
    Dragon
    Great Serpent
    from the Age of Gods, Jǫrmungandr naturally possesses the capacity to negate even magecraft from the Age of Gods. Indeed, describing him as a Magus-slaughtering machine would hardly suffice.

Personal Skills
    Monstrous Strength A
    The power to increase one's own Strength parameter, with a time limit in proportion to the skill's rank. As a Monster who can drag gods down, crush them under his head, and hold the entire world in its body, the rank of the skill is high, however, because he is forced to be in a Pseudo-Servant container, the rank is reduced compared to his full form.

Shapeshift (Serpent) B
    The capacity to modify one's own shape in accordance with their desires. It is a power of Vampires and Fox Spirits, and in the case of Jǫrmungandr, it represents a limited capacity to modify himself towards his original form, without utilizing his Noble Phantasm. Extending the limbs into tails, or even modifying the size of one's existing tail to turn it into a giant sword... perhaps it is the temperament of Kadoc Zemlupus, but Jǫrmungandr says that such choices and actions are "
    Kirschtaria's Pride
    pretty heavy metal
    ", and his morale increases dramatically when using it.

Breath of the Dragon A+
    The capacity to unleash the Breath of a Dragon. Carrying the element of the Black Dragon - Poison - it is not unreasonable to say that Jǫrmungandr can melt an entire nation to sludge with his breath. The damage values of the attack is equivalent to his Endurance, and due to his Endurance being far superior to a human's, if the damage were to be spread equally across an army, it could be called an Anti-Country attack.

Noble Phantasms
    Miðgarðsormr
    Serpent who Surrounds the World

Type: Anti-World (Self)
    Range: 3548
    Maximum Number of Targets: 4300

Jǫrmungandr's ultimate technique. Or perhaps, a counter to the normal rules of the World. Rather than shedding the pressure that the Counter Force and the laws of physics exert on him, Jǫrmungandr exerts an opposing pressure. To this end, he can grow endlessly, until the pressure opposing him is equal to the pressure he exerts. In worlds where the Counter Force is weak, his power grows exponentially. As a result of this, Jǫrmungandr can assume a smaller form of his original body, becoming a gigantic serpent who consumes his enemies. His Strength is increased to A++, his Endurance to EX, but as a consequence, his Agility decreases to E. After growing, he then throws around his weight, as the largest thing in the room.

Jǫrmund Elver
    Children of the Great Serpent

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 10
    Maximum Number of Targets: 20

Jǫrmungandr populated the world with various species of marine life in his time under the seas, and as a result, he obtained this Noble Phantasm. He can spawn miniatures of himself, who are like Familiars to him. These are the Jǫrmund Elver, the Eels of Evil. They could each be considered like an E~D-rank Servant, and up to 20 can be deployed at a time. However, these children can only be spawned at a rate of one per day, and suffer penalties to Strength and Agility when on land.
    Several other Servants refer to him as Daddoc due to this, so he does not use it.

Personality
    Dislikes: Divine Entities, Fishing Rods, Alter Egos
    Hates: Thor.

Jǫrmungandr is fundamentally a hateful being. An Avenger born of hatred who cannot find it within him to forgive. Normally, he could be called a Threat to Humanity, but because his anger is against the Gods, the result is that he is approximated to an Ally of Humanity. His original disposition would be close to that of a Berserker, as communication for purposes that are not combat would be extraneous and therefore unnecessary, but the influence of Kadoc Zemlupus has modified that state.

Instead, he has gained the disposition of a self-defeating youth. While he would exterminate scores of people just for the implication that he now cares about his Master, he truly does have a deep affection for the individual who would allow a contradiction such as himself be in the world - both a useless human, and a god-slaying monster.
    Additionally, Jǫrmungandr gained a sense of comraderie with several other Servants, and though he may have to suffer some riling from them, his Spirit Origin values them almost as much as his Master.

Dialogue Examples
    "Master, is it? Eh? You seem disturbed. Is it perhaps my presence? After all, a snake only eyes that which is seeks to devour... wait, don't take it like that!"

"What I hate? Thor. That disgusting bastard will never get my forgiveness, more than any other in the world. Fuck him."

"My interests, eh? Rock music. Given that I'm a Divine Beast, I can do some amazing growls, so it's even better than this body remembers."

"My wish for the Holy Grail... neither I nor this body desire anything in particular. Do whatever you want with it."

"No, I am not 'Daddoc', no matter what Yamaraja or Enki may tell you. Fucking pricks."

"Haha! The howl of a Demon Beast is nothing compared to the roar of a Great Serpent! We're breaking some serious science here, Master!
    Miðgarðsormr
    Serpent who Surrounds the World
    !

Relationship
    Moirai: Ah, you... right, I suppose I could go for some tea.

Yu Mei-ren: If it isn't the grumpy bookworm. So you were an Elemental, huh? Cool.

Yamaraja: For the final time! You! Are! Not! My! Dad!

Enki: ... yeah. That was pretty heavy metal.

Balor: You always were annoying, you fucking rat.

Daybit Sem Void: ... At least get the story straight with Yama; are you my second dad or my uncle?

Ashiya Douman: Fuck you.

Anastasia: ...

Thor: Fuck you.

Loki: Does this make three dads?

Author's Notes
    So I'm in a Crypter fan server. A brilliant communal brain cell moment occurred, and now I'm making six Crypter Fanservants; Hinako doesn't get one, she's already a Servant. Hence and thus, we see a number of different individuals in the Relationship section to whom this is related. Due to Jǫrmungandr being a monster rather than a god, he's given Kadoc a greater degree of control than in cases such as Ishtar. Perhaps a 65-35 split in Kadoc's favour.
    Happy Padoru Day to all, and to all, a good Sunta Cross!

King of Padoru: Hmm, I forgot that existed. I'll do something for it.
    Edit: Alright, I edited it.

True Name: John Tenniel
    Class: Alter Ego
    Alt. Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Europe
    Armament: N/A

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MAG: C++
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Item Construction (Strange) B
    A variant of Item Construction.

While Alter Ego was never really a magus in life, he acquired this skill due to efforts in illustration and can recreate the very same images with time.

Territory Creation C++
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

While not a magus, he can make a study where he draws out his artwork, one that can be made more magical through his Distorted World (Artistry) skill.

Magic Resistance D+
    The ability to resist magical effects. At this rank, spells with one verse are canceled.

Alter Ego's Magic Resistance is quite phenomenal but ranks up to B when confronted with magecraft that distorts the mind like Illusions.

Personal Skills

Distorted World (Artistry) A
    A unique skill through which one can morph environments, objects, and even living beings through artistry. Fantastical appearances cannot be made from nothing but are transformed using reality as a base, leaving subtle impressions of the real world. Transformed objects and entities may acquire various abilities depending on the whatever they were morphed into.

Alter Ego had made wonderous use of this skill in life during his time making illustrations for Alice in Wonderland and its sequel, one of the most notable being the Jabberwock. With enough time, he may even produce something with the strength to match a noble phantasm.

Alice Allusion B (A+)
    A personalized variant of Innocent Monster made for those involved in the creation, even if indirectly, of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. One is imbued with the concept of the entity known as Alice, distorting their saint graphs to varying degrees.

Alter Ego's fame is chiefly credited from his time making illustrations of the aforementioned story and its sequel, including the creation of the 'image' of Alice herself. It is due to his desire to leave behind his involvement that the skill rank, and its effects, is lowered to only changing his physical form to resemble the character somewhat. However all control over the rank is lost once Alter Ego enters his Noble Phantasm without his protection.

Bastion of Sanity C+
    A skill that can be called a reversal of Evaporation of Sanity. Rather than an individual losing their reasoning, they feel like the world around them has lost its reasoning. However to those with an outside perspective, the individual would seem quite odd themselves, as if he was the one who lost his sanity. Like the aforementioned skill, it grants a constant Instinct-like effect regarding one's surroundings.

It can be said to be the representation of Alter Ego's mentality during his life as a political cartoonist, pointing out the not-quite sensical, in his eyes, decisions made. Though to those who read the stories, one would think that this may be due to the influence of Alice.

Noble Phantasm

The Knight of Black and White: Checkered Shell of Stability
    Type: Anti-Self

The ultimate manifestation of Alter Ego's life, one semi-independent of his involvement with Alice, crystalized as a Noble Phantasm. At a later point in his life, he was knighted by Queen Victoria for his public service and artistic achievements.

Due to containing the idea of "upheaval", it strengthens Alter Ego's Saint Graph, raising all parameters except Mana and Luck by one rank. It is also through this strengthening that the influence of Alice is separated from him, for the moment, and infused into the armaments, turning his sword into the Vorpal Blade and his shield the Looking Glass that were featured in the story. The Vorpal Blade has properties that make it specialized for taking out phantasmal species while the Looking Glass can inflict a mental attack at those who peer into its contents.

Alter Ego's main use for this armor is for the purpose of traversing Wonderland without being consumed.

Wonderland: Subterraneous Image of Madness
    Type: Anti-World

The land of nonsense that Alter Ego gave form to when making his illustrations. A world located deep within the soil of the Earth that can only be accessed through three entrances. The first is the Looking Glass that takes its place as the shield for Alter Ego's Knight of Black and White, with it only able to be used when the mirror is set down. The second entrance appears as a hole in the ground. The third entrance randomly draws in anyone who is sleeping.

Wonderland itself extremely resembles the common images one would come up with when looking up such a place. Likewise, the land bears many strange properties and would, at times, ignore principles established with the emergence of common rationality. However, the world is utterly barren of the lives that called Wonderland their home. This is due to this not being the true Wonderland but a High-Thaumaturgical Bounded Field that merely reproduces a faithful [image] of that world. All the properties inherent to the field are due to it being so deep underground that it lurks just outside the Reverse Side.

To obtain the true Wonderland, one would need Alice. When coming into contact with Wonderland, Alter Ego is ever wearing his armor to establish between himself and that world. In the case where such a case is not to be, and Alter Ego lays his bare feet upon the subterranean floor, Alice is reborn. The Bounded Field dissolves his Saint Graph and merges it into the land, providing enough mana to make an outright breach into the Reversed Side of the World, thus allowing Wonderland to become a true reproduction, with its former contents restored and
    Delusion Magnificence
    Alice
    appearing not long after. However....

Wake Up

Alice: Oneiric Innocent Archetype, Awaken From This Delusionary World
    Type: Anti-Madness

A noble phantasm that only activates while Alter Ego's Saint Graph is being dissolved. It is essentially a second Alice created from the lingering remnants of Alter Ego. She bears equal resemblance with the
    Delusion Magnificence
    Alice
    created by Wonderland that they could be called identical existences. However, they have several features that mark them as opposing beings.

The
    Delusion Magnificence
    Alice
    that reigns was created by Wonderland to propagate the bounded field and eventually convert it into an entirely separate world. The second Alice, in contrast, was created with Wonderland and seeks to destroy the bounded field and end Wonderland. The Alice summoned by the noble phantasm has no conscious desire for the goal and is led by lingering wishes of her predecessor. She, the second Alice, is also quite weak, only inheriting the Bastion of Sanity and Alice Allusion skills at their highest rank and the Vorpal Blade of Knight of Black and White.

Personality

Alter Ego composes himself as a refined, polite gentleman who, at most times, treats others with courtesy. Though, it doesn't stop others from noticing that he can be quite grumpy about life. He has moments where he finds genuine childlike joy in things but those events quickly wash away if he deduces that what he feels is not his own emotion.

The second Alice is entirely the opposite. Kind, gentle, and, at times, quite disconnected from reality, one would think she seamlessly fits into the idea one would have of Alice. She can still, however, display other emotions but these are filtered through those traits. She is, after all, made in Alice's image.

Creator's Note: Another sheet that was close to completion. I pretty much made it in response to the Alice sheet in the previous pages.
    Last edited by Vance; March 26th, 2022 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something and possibly avoid double thread mark

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Assassin of the Forensic Arts
    "New Hampshire PD, Captain of the Special Victims Unit. True Name Frances Glessner Lee, reporting for duty. It seems I've manifested under the Assassin class... It's a bit ironic, but it's not a cause for concern."

Source

"People say dead men tell no tales, but I disagree. The dead shall speak through me. Now then, tell me how your life's thread was severed.​"

Class: Assassin
    Other Classes: -

True Name: Frances Glessner Lee
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: America (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: B
    NP: C+

Likes: Mysteries, coffee, building model kits, the sanctity of life
    Dislikes: Failure, unorganized people, criminals
    Talent: Detective work, forensic science
    Natural Enemy: Albert Fish, Liu Pengli, Carl Tanzler
    Armament: Handgun, police baton, wraith-possessed dolls
    Catalyst: A miniature figure depicting a murder victim, taken from her most famous diorama

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment (C)

The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack. Assassin herself is not quite sure on how she qualifies for the class; perhaps it's due to her inherent perfectionism, or her principle of "leaving the crime scene exactly the way it is, without the slightest hint of tampering, as if I was never there". Ultimately, Assassin claims that her class was attributed to her belief of "to catch a murderer, you have to think like one!". While her Presence Concealment is relatively low compared to most other Assassins, nonetheless, it allows her to conduct her detective work (tailing suspects, investigating crime scenes, sneaking around areas of interest) without arousing suspicion from her surroundings.

At the Boundary (False) (D-)

A Skill for those who walk within the Valley, are as one with Death, and are familiar with its ways. Assassin does not possess any kind of divine or special authority that allows her dominion over the dead, however, it would not be an exaggeration to say that she is extremely familiar with the concept of death. In life, she pursued death, and eventually, her single-minded determination to reach the truth cloaked her with the stench of death itself. Grants an increased resistance against instant-death attacks. Furthermore, due to her morbid stench of death, combined with her mystic eyes, Assassin constantly attracts wraiths and low-rank spirits into her presence, manifesting as poltergeist phenomenons and brief apparitions. While Assassin may be able to give very basic orders to these wraiths, she ultimately does not have much control over them, which is why most of the time, she consciously chooses to suppress this Skill.

Personal Skills
    Forensic Science (A+)

The application of science to criminal and civil laws during crime investigations. Known as "the mother of modern forensic science", Assassin initiated several reforms on law enforcement units by replacing coroners with more qualified medical professionals, establishing certain branches of science as a mandatory subject for homicide investigators, devising new methods to identify suspects and evidence, and holding numerous seminars to educate investigators. Many of her teachings are still in use today. Thus, it's no wonder that she possesses this Skill at its highest possible rank, almost on par with a certain world-famous detective. This is a composite Skill consisting of "everything necessary to solve a crime (homicide in particular)". Usable Skills include Deductive Reasoning (A), Understanding of the Human Body (A), Surgery (B), and Natural Insight (B).

Psychology (Criminal Profiling) (A)

A Skill obtained from Assassin's decades of experience as a homicide investigator, denoting extensive knowledge on how the minds of criminals work. A variation of the standard Psychology Skill and Human Observation tailored specifically for the purpose of apprehending criminals. The more Assassin observes an evil-aligned individual, the more she gains insight to their psyche, their motivations, and the things that make them tick. When used on a Servant, she may gradually be able to deduce their Skills, Noble Phantasms, and True Name. Eventually, with enough time, she may be able accurately deduce the target's every move, waging psychological warfare with them, which in turn facilitates the activation of her Noble Phantasm

Mystic Eyes of Life (C)

A Skill denoting ownership of a certain type of mystic eyes Assassin unknowingly possessed in life. Allows Assassin to clearly perceive the
    Od
    life energy
    within her surroundings. Activating it is similar to using a thermographic camera, where every living creature radiates a certain "aura" which changes color depending on the strength of their energy, essentially allowing Assassin to see their "hp bar" of sorts. This Skill also allows her to sense her enemies' presence despite Presence Concealment or other presence-obscuring Skills. After all, no matter how much they suppress their presence, the fact that they are alive and radiating life energy still remains. Finally, this Skill allows her to conduct investigations by inspecting "residual traces of life" left at the crime scene. For example, when a victim is stabbed by a knife, said knife would emanate faint traces of the victim's energy. In life, Assassin was a complete stranger to magecraft, so her mystic eyes only manifested as a vague "detective's instinct" that allowed her to solve numerous homicides and climb up the ranks of the police force. As a Servant, however, Assassin had grown more familiar to the true nature of her "gift", allowing her to use it better.

Familiars (Dolls) (D)

A Skill that allows the user to create and utilize familiars in the form of dolls, born from Assassin's hobby of building extremely elaborate model kits and dollhouses. Allows Assassin to temporarily insert low-ranked wraiths into her handmade dolls, exerting more control over them in this state. These dolls act as an extension of Assassin's own senses, usable for both combat and investigative works. Up to ten dolls may be used as familiars at one time.

Emotional Freezing (Detective) (B-)

A Skill that involves suppressing one's emotions. An embodiment of the perfect detective; cold, rational, and single-mindedly determined to reach the truth. While this Skill creates no outward effects towards her surroundings, by suppressing and blocking out all emotions and doubt, Assassin enters a hyperfocused state with increased concentration, perceptiveness, and cognitive abilities. This grants a temporary rank-up to all of her other Skills, as well as effects similar to low-ranked Eye of the Mind and Instinct, born from her increased perceptiveness and faster reaction time. That said, using this Skill for long periods of time imposes a heavy mental burden on Assassin's psyche; its effects decline overtime and prolonged use would plague her with painful headaches, akin to symptoms from overwork.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Memento Mori - In Memory of the Dearly Departed
    Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Deaths

Type: Anti-Mind/"Anti-Homicide"
    Range: 1-50
    Max Targets: 1 person

"​I've gathered all the necessary evidence. Now then, let's unravel the truth of what happened here."

Assassin's greatest work, a series of twenty elaborate dioramas (dubbed as "nutshells") depicting detailed representations of death scenes that are composites of actual homicide cases Assassin once tackled herself. She called it the called them the Nutshell Studies because the purpose of a forensic investigation is said to be to "convict the guilty, clear the innocent, and find the truth in a nutshell". Nineteen out of the twenty nutshells are still in use to this day for lectures on the subject of forensics and crime scene investigation. That said, for Assassin herself, these dioramas serve as more than study materials. To her, they serve as a way to honor the dead, a testament to their lives, cementing their stories as something to be remembered. More than that, they serve as a reminder of one's certain mortality as all life would eventually reach its end.

A Noble Phantasm which grows more powerful the more Assassin is familiar with the target's psyche and life story, by releasing the true power of her mystic eyes, Assassin gazes into the truth of the target's life and lays them bare before the target. Upon its activation, the target is placed into a reality marble resembling the scene of their deaths. That said, everything within this reality marble seems to be made out of elaborately-crafted porcelain. The moment the target opens their eyes, they would be confronted with a sight of their own dead porcelain body, with no memories of how they got there, and how they died. From then on, the target must retrace their steps by interacting with certain objects of interest representing certain events they experienced in life or bonds that they share with others. By doing so, the target gradually pieces together their memories, reliving several key events of their lives, leading up to their own death.

Every interaction with these objects of interest assaults the target with an overwhelmingly wide array of emotions depending on what it represents; joy, sorrow, nostalgia, melancholy and more. After all, these emotions are intertwined with their memories. They are essentially what made the target "human", and according to Assassin herself, these are what makes life worth living. It is for the same reason that Assassin considers death not as something to be feared. Rather, it is something to be honored, a celebration for a life well-lived. Thus, in order to overcome this Noble Phantasm, one must be able to face death head-on, without drowning in the myriad of memories and emotions of the past. That said, since this Noble Phantasm relies on subjective human concepts such as memories and emotions, it cannot be used on those considered "inhuman", or those possessing a mindset so far removed from your conventional human being.

While the shape of these "nutshells" may greatly differ depending on the target (as well as Assassin's own knowledge of the target's life story), a common point between all of the possible forms of this Noble Phantasm is that the target only has exactly 90 minutes to solve the mystery of their own death, the same amount of time Assassin allotted her students to solve each nutshell. To enforce this time limit, the target is also struck by a certain unavoidable curse as long as they remain within the nutshell: the closer they are to the time limit, the more their bodies will regress into the state of its original death. This means that those who died by drowning will gradually feel lightheaded and out of breath, while those who died with numerous wounds on their bodies will have said wounds gradually reopen one by one, eventually becoming fatal at the exact 90-minute mark. Ultimately, this Noble Phantasm is colored with irony; in order to escape certain death, one must be able to make peace with their life and embrace the truth of their own mortality.

"That is the truth, illuminated by the light of life."

Description
    Assassin's True Name is Frances Glessner Lee, an American crime investigator, forensic scientist, and the first female police captain in America. She introduced numerous revolutionary techniques in the field of police work and crime investigation, earning her the nickname of "mother of modern forensic science".

Assassin can be best described as the perfect, hard-boiled detective; perceptive, rational, and methodical. Even in the face of danger and unforeseen circumstances, she could seemingly always detach herself from her surroundings and calmly assess the situation at hand. That said, it's not like she is completely devoid of emotion either. As someone who deeply believes in the sanctity of life, she resents criminals who took it through especially gruesome means, those who revel in the act of killing and inflicting suffering upon another human being. Should she encounter a case containing such elements, she would become more prone to making impulsive decisions and even overworking herself (by overdosing on coffee and locking herself for hours on end in her office), to the detriment of her health.

Both in life and as a Servant, Assassin has always believed life to be a glorious celebration and death, a majestic fanfare closing a life well-lived. Death is only a natural end point of life, thus it is not to be feared. Rather, it should be accepted, and even honored. It is for this reason that Assassin is so devoted to her work as a homicide investigator: "to honor their final request, and to preserve memories of their lives". To her, leaving a case unsolved means dishonoring the dead, and their entire lives leading up to that point. She takes no pride in her accomplishments, simply saying "it's just what they would've wanted". It seems that this belief has been further strengthened upon her becoming a Servant, due to the improved mastery of her Mystic Eyes, allowing her to vaguely see and even occasionally hear the whispers of the dead.

On another note, outside of the job, Assassin retains both her professionalism and perfectionism. That is to say, she tries to maintain the appearance of a no-nonsense, straight-laced detective, but underneath it all, she's prone to gushing about elaborate model kits, ranging from handmade dollhouses to G*ndam. Even without a serious murder case weighing her mind, most of the time, she prefers holing up in her office for hours to build these model kits, making sure every last piece is placed perfectly. Perhaps unsurprisingly, she's also a fan of mystery novels, especially the works of a certain Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. According to her, these novels present a great opportunity to keep her mind sharp, by visualizing the mystery and attempting to solve it before the detective in the story.

Lore
    Frances Glessner Lee (1878-1962) was an American forensic scientist. She was influential in developing the science of forensics in the United States. She was born in Chicago on March 25, 1878. Her father, John Jacob Glessner, was an industrialist who became wealthy from International Harvester. She and her brother were educated at home. When Lee came of age, she married a lawyer, Blewett Harrison Lee, although the marriage ended in divorce. In the early 1930s she began a career in legal medicine. She inherited the Harvester fortune and she finally had the money to develop an interest in how detectives could examine clues.

Lee was inspired by a classmate of her brother's, George Burgess Magrath. He was studying medicine at Harvard Medical School and was particularly interested in homicide investigation. They remained close friends until his death in 1938. Magrath became a chief medical examiner in Boston and together they lobbied to have coroners replaced by medical professionals. Glessner Lee endowed the Harvard Department of Legal Medicine (in 1931, the first of such department in the country), and the George Burgess Magrath Library. She also endowed the Harvard Associates in Police Science, a national organization for the development of forensic science that has a division dedicated to her, called the Frances Glessner Lee Homicide School. The Harvard program influenced other states to change over from the coroner system.

Through the 1940s and 1950s, Lee hosted a series of semi-annual seminars in homicide investigation. Detectives, prosecutors, and other investigators were invited to a week-long conference, where she presented them with the "Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death"; intricately constructed dioramas of actual crime scenes, complete with working doors, windows and lights. The 20 models were based on Lee's most challenging cases and were designed to test the abilities of students to collect all relevant evidence. The models depicted multiple causes of death, and were based on autopsies and crime scenes that she personally visited.

Lee paid extraordinary attention to detail in creating the models. The rooms were filled with working mousetraps and rocking chairs, food in the kitchens, and more, and the corpses accurately represented discoloration or bloating that would be present at the crime scene. Each model cost about $3,000-$4,500 to create. Students were given 90 minutes to study the scene. The week culminated in a banquet at the Ritz Carlton. Eighteen of the original dioramas are still used for training purposes by Harvard Associates in Police Science. For her work, Lee was made an honorary captain in the New Hampshire State Police on October 27, 1943, making her the first female police captain in the United States, the first woman to join the International Association of Chiefs of Police, and earning her the nickname, "Mother of modern forensic science".

Relationships
    Gilles de Rais, Albert Fish, Liu Pengli:
    "How repulsive. Your victims died in suffering... not like you could ever comprehend that. Perhaps some people truly are beyond saving..."

Jack the Ripper (Assassin):
    "So that's the truth... How tragic. I cannot condone your actions, but if it's any consolation... I shall pray for you. May your soul find peace someday."

Ereshkigal, King Hassan, Valkyrie, Nitocris, other figures related to the afterlife:
    "We can see that in some cultures, death is not to be feared. It is to be understood, or even revered in some cases... I wonder, have they gained an understanding? In their eyes... just what is death?"

James Moriarty, Johann Adam Weishaupt:
    "Stakeout report, day 34: The two men were seen having tea in the cafeteria at 10am sharp. While I could not move close enough to hear what they're talking about, I'm certain that they are plotting something. I'm very close, I can feel it. If I were to go missing tomorrow, it would certainly- AH! A-Ahem, Master, you really shouldn't sneak up on me behind the corner like that. It's wrong to spy and eavesdrop on people like that, you know. Hm? What's with that look?"

Robin Hood, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Orestes:
    "Vigilantism has never been my thing, but I acknowledge that it is simply another method of seeking the truth. That said, know that I will be there to detain you if you ever step out of line."

Sherlock Holmes:
    "I-Is that the real Mr. Holmes!? My God, I never dreamed such a meeting to be possible! I-I'm a big fan of you, and I have lots of questions to ask about your adventures! Would you mind joining me for tea this afternoon? Bring some snacks as well if you'd like. Our discussion can take... a few hours, at least."

Lines from other Servants

The Scarlet Pimpernel:
    "Hmm, according to chapter 3 article 24a of my self-made vigilante guidebook, it's necessary for a vigilante to be accompanied by a gritty hard-boiled detective, like Bat-Dude and Commissioner Gordyn! Whaddaya say to that? Partners?"

Carl Tanzler:
    "You're wrong... You're wrong!! There's no such thing as honor in death! There's only this hollow sense of emptiness gnawing within your chest as you drown in memories, wishing you could turn back time... No good thing comes from romanticizing death. It would do you well to remember that. Well, if anything, you're right about one thing; death is not to be feared... It is to be destroyed."

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts:
    Merry Christmas everyone! I don't have any specific Christmas sheet in mind, so instead, have this mildly macabre detective I've been putting off here. Personally, I feel like she's a bit underwhelming, but maybe that's just cuz' I hit several dead-ends along the way, and I already have my eyes on another (hopefully more interesting) character for my next sheet.

-It goes without saying, but Assassin's Noble Phantasm works better when used on those who died via unnatural means, be it murder, suicide, or accidents, as opposed to say, dying peacefully at a ripe old age, surrounded by friends and family. That's why she classified it as a (self-proclaimed) "anti-homicide" NP. Ultimately, while it has some offensive potential, it's better suited for therapy/counseling purposes, like maybe to help certain Servants make peace with their pasts or make amends for their regrets in life.

-On a more meta note regarding her Noble Phantasm, I largely took inspiration from several point-and-click mystery games and escape rooms. Feel free to guess where they came from.

-As some of her lines suggest, despite Assassin's "hypercompetent badass detective" persona, a fatal flaw of hers is that she tends to romanticize death too much. This makes it hard for her to relate or console people who are wracked with grief over losing a loved one to death. This is why she hates Tanzler so much. To her, his deeds are blasphemous acts that utterly defiles "the sanctity of life and death", while for Tanzler, he hates how Assassin sees death as some noble, solemn thing, disregarding all the pain and suffering it entails.
    Last edited by BnEl15; December 25th, 2020 at 03:23 PM.