Page 160 of 366 FirstFirst ... 60110150155158159160161162165170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 7318

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries

An Unexpected Return?! Beyond the Shores of the New World: Volume 1

‘Why did I do it’ you ask?

Well, I suppose there isn’t any problem with giving you an honest answer.

I was using you all to get ahead of the other gods.

I thought that by helping you humans, I would receive a higher place up the food chain. It was a decision fueled by self interest of a foolish god who thought he could defy those above him, steal from them, and expected to not be punished for it.

I was a fool.

But that doesn’t mean what I did was wrong.

You humans took the gift and made it your own.

You built great cities, mighty empires, torched them to ashes and started anew over and over again. A flame which grows out of control until there is nothing left to burn only to start anew when something kindles your interest. Your need to learn, understand and create beyond what was our original intention for you.

Do I regret doing it?

Perhaps.

The world changed in ways I couldn’t have foreseen.

Gods like me were forgotten and relegated to the realm of legend and myth.

But at the same time… I lived on through my gift. The flame which burns within your feeble bodies, driving you to reach for the stars even in a faraway future. Selfish as my actions might have been, I watched intently from my prison as humans became as one with the flame.

I watched you grow and build.

Fight and destroy.

I vanished from this world content with the knowledge that I had changed it and left a mark which would never vanish. Only now that mark is threatened with destruction by the fallen gods of this doomed timeline. Selfish as I was back then. Selfish as I still am now. I could not stand by and let it happen.

I may not be much of a fighter, but if humanity is willing…

Then I shall trick the gods as many times as needed.

Hestia

I beg of you.

Allow me to hold their Flame once more.

Humanity’s Benefactor

“We must hurry, by my calculations the gods should find our hideout within no less than six months. Something must have galvanized them into action. I wonder what is happening in the ‘outside’ of this world.”

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Teacher
    Caster / Watcher / Ruler
    Neutral Good
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    2.0m / 110 kg
    Greece
    Mythology
    “To watch as humanity reaches for the sun and burns itself as they climb higher and further than they have before. It makes for a spectacle beyond anything I have ever seen.”

Dislikes

“Stagnation… the whims of selfish gods who seek to control this doomed world. Hypocritical as it is coming from me. I won’t allow them to reclaim the Flame I’ve stolen.”

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Endurance: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Command Cards
    Background

Prometheus the forethinker.

An entity regarded as one of the greatest benefactors of humanity in greek mythology. A cunning Titan who tricked Zeus in two separate occasions for the sake of favoring humans, Prometheus was regarded as a protector who surrendered his own freedom after granting humanity the potential to learn and evolve.

In the Trojan Lostbelt, this characteristic becomes more dominant due to the Olympians' use of mankind as armies and resources for their eternal war.

Prometheus, having been freed from confinement at the hands of the Great Hero Heracles, conspired to protect humanity from harm, providing them shelter and knowledge in order to quickly adapt to an increasingly hostile world where Gods selfishly warp humanity for their own use.

Despite lacking any ability geared towards fighting, Prometheus relies on the collective human wisdom to combat the gods, narrowly escaping time and time again with his own wits.

Yet time now runs short.

By his estimates, a great war is on the horizon. One which will see their wartorn world saved or annihilated as it clashes against many other worlds unlike anything he had ever seen before.

A world of sinking islands, ruled by gods and demons amidst an eternal storm of ash.

Kantaiheiyo

A world sunk into the depths of fantasy, where child-like innocence hides an ugly truth.

Wonderland

A world of Ancient Trees spawning a forest where humans and gods battle for dominance.

El Dorado

A world ruled by Perfect Gods who never experienced the arrival of the White Titan.

Oduduwa

And those were the only realities he could peer into.

The war of the Olympians within his own world will soon reach its apex and with it will come the decisive battle which will decide the true ruler of the world, the one destined to lead their dying kingdom into battle against monsters and gods from faraway lands all too similar in circumstance to their own.

Their time runs short, yet a faint hope remains.

Residing in the Sea of Imaginary Numbers, floating pitifully alongside the current while waiting to make landfall on the first of their ordeals. Prometheus could only hope they would arrive safely. That the heroes who defended the world from the threat of Incineration would once again rise to the challenge of these wretched broken worlds.

“We too, must play our part. As the remnants of a far gone age where gods and humans neared their split, it is up to us to guide these travelers through the peril and teach them of the challenges ahead of them. Thus, I make this our declaration of war. Humanity will prevail over the gods once again!”

Personality

“Humanity’s progress is connected to my sacrifice. I am the reason why you all have progressed beyond the point of scavenging and huddling together in caves. The higher you all climb, the greater I will become.”

Prometheus is a self absorbed and selfish god who sees Humanity as proof of his greatness. Having bestowed upon them the potential to grow by giving them Fire, he was considered a great benefactor of humanity. Though his actions were hardly intended to be selfless.

In fact, it could be said that his desire to rise above other gods was what lead to him gifting the Flame to humanity in an attempt to increase his own standing. He wished to become the God of Humanity and sole focus of their worship. Deluded as to the consequences of his actions, he was punished by the King of Gods for his conspiring.

Nonetheless Prometheus insists that his fall and imprisonment was all ‘part of the plan’.

Despite his self-absorbed nature and pride, Prometheus does possess a fondness towards humans better described as the relationship between a hardworking tutor and their well meaning student. Seeing himself as a mentor to the entirety of humanity, he treats their mistakes as temporary setbacks and their triumphs as his own success as a teacher.

Speaking plainly, he wishes for the success of mankind because it makes him look better. Yet also shares in the joys and frustrations of humanity, cheering them on from his prison as they made use of his gift.

“What is the matter? Having a hard time? Well, if you don’t get it now that just means you’ll get it soon enough. Every single one of you have a piece of the Flame. You were born with it. So long as that potential remains within a single one of you, our success is guaranteed.”

Despite any issues his personality might bring to the table, Prometheus’ abilities as a teacher are extraordinary. Being able to bring up a human with no knowledge to speak of, to the level of a modern scholar in various areas. His status as Bearer of the Flame gives him the authority to access the entirety of human wisdom accumulated over the course of millions of year.

Everything from engineering to linguists and even magecraft.

Anything that was created or studied by a human is within his purview.

Thus a certain amount of arrogance and smartassery is to be expected. Prometheus is the Titan of Forethought, not of Humility. In fact he is completely opposed to the idea of humility, considering himself the greatest genius amongst the gods. Even compared to the likes of Athena.

As far as dislikes go… there is a great undercurrent of hatred aimed towards the Lostbelt versions of the Olympians.

When asked about it, he scoffs and says that his pride as a profession can’t take them squandering humanity’s potential as assets. And that his way of managing them is much more efficient in the long run due to his inherent superiority as a mentor and protector.

Yet when alone, his frustration seeps through the cracks as seething rage.

“They are not toys… they aren’t objects to be hoarded and used… humans… humans are… better than that… so take your filthy hands off my students, Zeus.”

Class Skills

Territory Creation - [B]

Creates a temple which collects the ‘worship’ of humanity through the actions of civilization progress. A modern metropolis in a world where mankind is controlled by the gods.

Item Construction - [B]

Prometheus can replicate the manufacturing processes of modern humans, but doesn’t know how to use them beyond their intended purpose. Thus, he can produce goods that otherwise can’t exist in the Trojan Lostbelt.

Ancient God’s Essence - [A]

As a Titan, Prometheus is considered to be of a previous generation to the gods of Olympus. Having been reduced in power due to his summoning in the Trojan Lostbelt, Prometheus still possess this skill at a high level.

Personal Skills

Distortion - [B]

A Skill that forces the distortion of the class the Servant was originally called forth in. He or she would receive the other class' specialty as proof. Conversely, at least one among the set of the original Class Skills has declined. In Teacher’s case, he should have originally been called forth as a Caster, however due to the addition of an outside element, the skills of the Caster class were incorporated into the unstable Teacher class vessel.

Mentorship - [B]

The ability to impart knowledge upon an apprentice. It is one of the Teacher Class skills which allow Prometheus to teach the humans of a Lostbelt the technologies and knowledge of their Panhuman History counterparts. Though he isn’t known for having a singular pupil, he can bypass this limitation by teaching many students at the same time.

High Speed Calculation - [B]

The ability to intake information, analyze it and extrapolate multiple scenarios is quick succession. A skill originally developed by the Neo Olympian Athena III and then reverse engineered by Prometheus for his own use. It is an application of Prometheus’ first Noble Phantasm. Inferior in rank to Athena’s version due to his limitation to the collective wisdom of humanity, while Athena’s divine wisdom is superior in the Trojan Lostbelt.

Wisdom of the Divine Gift - [A++]

The knowledge accumulated by the God Flame as the physical manifestation of human potential. It contains all forms of human knowledge which Prometheus can bestow upon his students. While he lacks a distinct specialization as an instructor, Prometheus can be considered an all arounder with an eye for discerning what his students need to learn.

Noble Phantasm
    God Flame: The Kindling Light of Civilization
    A-Rank / Anti-Army

Hestia’s Noble Phantasm.

The Fire stolen from the gods by Prometheus.

The fuel which represents the march of civilization and the evolution of mankind. The sanctity of home and the intellect which guides mankind towards the stars. A power which was taken by the cunning Titan in a bid to help humanity after Zeus took their potential for advancement from them.

The God Flame is nothing more than a physical manifestation of potential energy. Power which represents the limitless highs to which the human species can advance as a civilization. It is the energy spent by a species which has changed, built and learnt over the course of seven million years.

In this way, the God Flame can be considered a record of humanity's past, present and future.

It is the proof that ‘this is the height they can reach’.

As a Noble Phantasm, God Flame is nothing more than potential energy representing the ‘possible future of mankind’. A map of their evolution as well as a source of information which Prometheus can use to supplement his lackluster combat abilities or use to transfer information to humans who carry pieces of the flame.

Prometheus Bound: Torment of the Great Benefactor
    C-Rank / Seal

Prometheus’ punishment is the ‘proof’ of his actions.

A relationship of cause and effect. Being imprisoned at the hands of Zeus and then punished everyday by the eagle served as the ‘price’ to pay for Prometheus’ actions of returning fire to humanity. As such, it stands to reason that without its consequences, Prometheus’ actions cannot be validated.

This is what Prometheus’ second Noble Phantasm is.

To surrender the flame stolen from the gods to humanity, and receive the punishment which seals the ritual of ‘cause and effect’ tied to Prometheus’ own legend and greatest deed as the Benefactor of Humanity. Entrusting all of his ‘knowledge’ to humanity through the God Flame, Prometheus completely surrenders his first Noble Phantasm, allowing all humans to absorb the data he has collected.

The second part of the Noble Phantasm is known as the ‘consequence’ of his acts.

As punishment for gifting humanity with the God Flame, Prometheus is sealed away, imprisoned within a bounded field resembling his prison and punishment at the hands of Zeus. It is a re-enactment in essence, but it can be used as a weapon against and enemy with due preparation.

After all, the bounded field will emcompass Prometheus and his surroundings, meaning that all those within a certain range of Prometheus when the second Noble Phantasm is utilized will also be dragged alongside him into the sealed dimension.

Relationships
    Fujimaru Ritsuka

“Hurry, Master of Chaldea. Your mission is only beginning. Beyond this point, I can only pray that you find your way to us before the Olympians do.”

“You are, perhaps, the one I hold the greatest contempt for. A goddess whose intellect is a match for own, squandering it as a petty despot. Turning her subjects into automatas of flesh and blood.”

“Once again I stand before you, Zeus. Once again, I urge you to listen to me carefully. Everything I’m about to tell you is a lie. Or maybe I’m lying and telling the truth? Can you tell which is which?”

“Cursed beast. A foul creature who revels on the worship enforced by her own hand. Of all fools who live in her kingdom, the greatest of them all is she who thinks she is loved by mindless dolls.”

"You're… pitiful. A spiteful wretch who curses all who cross her path in a feeble attempt to grasp a doomed love. As if holding sand in your grasp. The tighter your hold, the more it slips through.”

“I see you two haven’t changed at all. Outside of the obvious, perhaps. I imagine neither of you remember me either, do you?”

“Our goals align. Yet our methods oppose each other. How far are you willing to go in order to fight their battles? How many are you going to imprison until you realize your folly?”

“I won’t waste words on a mindless husk. Burn to ashes and vanish from this world!”
    Last edited by Wyvern; August 4th, 2021 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    A bold and indirect take on the prompt! I'm in no place to nitpick considering the last one was about rulers of nations and I submitted four very spiteful rocks.

His actual content is very... meta, I suppose you'd call it? That on top of the non-standard class made the sheet a bit tricky to jive with at time, but I admire the creativity of the concept.

“I am your Caster, my master. Please, accept my service. I will take you to heights undreamed of. But, first, hear my history.”

Spoiler:

Caster of Imperium and Misery

Class: Caster
    True Name: Agrippina the Younger
    Aliases: Julia Agrippina
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Ancient Rome
    Source: Historical fact

My history

“Woe to us, the illustrious and derided imperial ladies. To whom do we owe our glory and our sorrow? Shall I credit Tiberius, who preserved us as the sole ones he loathed more than himself? Or, perhaps, to the first Augusta, Livia, the woman who instilled in us our ambition and sense of responsibility, so that we would fail to sit in idle self-preservation as Augustus’ legacy crumbled around us? Is it Augustus himself who I should heap criticism upon, for it is to him who we owe our divine lineage and he who destined his creation to destruction through the appointment of the pernicious Tiberius? I speak of these tragedies, not for perfidious reasons, but rather to stress the sacrifices we have made as part of our responsibility to Rome. It was the remembrance of my responsibility, inserted by Agrippina, my mother, Antonia, my grandmother, and Livia, my great-grandmother, that has towed me through the sufferings of my life.

Even I can remember the brightness of my childhood, brief though it was. I remember my parents, beautiful and beloved. Ours was the family of destiny. Through my mother, we were blessed with the divine blood of Augustus. We would be the empire’s caretakers, once the tenured service of Tiberius concluded. Yet, Tiberius desired to take all privileges while neglecting all responsibilities. He began with murdering my father while implicating his own friend. But, this was merely the beginning.

My mother, strong and haughty, rightly adored by the people, refused to sit silently in the face of such injustice. Yet, Tiberius merely became more reclusive, uninhibitedly indulging in any cruel perversion he so imagined on his wicked isle of Capri, while he launched a reign of terror to prevent any challenge to him. The fault of any ill deed was laid squarely upon his subordinates. And, then, he came for my family. My mother and two oldest brothers were imprisoned for years, enduring every hardship and torture imaginable, until they died by starvation. The image of my mother, emaciated and left with one eye due to severe beating, is an image that has never left me. Their imprisonment marked my true entry into this harsh world, as I was ripped away from the dream that had hitherto been my childhood. My youngest brother was carried off to Capri to be ‘cared for’ by the emperor. I was handed off, at the age of thirteen, to marry a disreputable and despicable man thirty-one years my senior. Still, this man gave me my poor Nero.”

Height/Weight: 151cm/43kg
    (so she claims)
    Dislikes: Her adult life
    Natural Enemies: Tiberius, Semiramis, Morgan
    Attribute: Human
    Armament: Words, Dagger, Poison
    Catalyst: Memoirs of Agrippina

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Are you captivated yet?

“Even after Tiberius’ death, the phantom of his malice refused to leave us. During my brother’s early reign as emperor, the hand of Gaius, known as Caligula, appeared to be guided by the divine Augustus. But this influence was too soon replaced by that of the divine Tiberius. His insanity, depravity, and cruelty became unspeakable after our sister Julia Drusilla died. And, so, the true heir of Augustus was disposed of.

With the imperial family so decimated, it was the meek and unbecoming Claudius who became emperor. He was not of the stock of Augustus; he was never seen as legitimate. His reign stunk of uneasiness, which my last sister fell victim to. I had already lost one husband and soon lost another. At last, I was alone, the survivor and her child. I did survive. I waited patiently, until I was needed.

Before long, even the emperor’s wife had laughed in his face and rebelled against him. Amidst all the conspiracies and power plays, I made sure I was sought out. No plot or accusations could destroy me. No poison could separate me from my destiny. I fulfilled my responsibility. As the emperor’s new wife, I gave him what no one else could. My daughter and I, the last descendants of Augustus, offered legitimacy. Claudius enjoyed the crown as I worked to rule. There was little need for executions, as the hatred of the senate subsided and the ambitions of the nobles cooled. Even in such good times, a ruler must not stop and rest to enjoy the fruits of their labors, for one’s time is temporary and succession always awaits.

This was the final fulfillment of my responsibility. Beyond years of prosperous stability, I gave them a peaceful succession from the illegitimate Claudius to my heralded Nero. An emperor of unparalleled lineage and authority. It was the union to end the generations of feuds between the Julian and Claudian clans. I gave Augustus and Livia the legacy they intended. But, at what cost?”

Class Skills:
    TERRITORY CREATION: A - As an empress who founded monuments and cities, Caster possesses this skill at the highest level, able to build a temple.

ITEM CONSTRUCTION: C - Outside of her temple, Caster is limited to fabricating daggers, poisons, and other items related to assassination. Aside from her Noble Phantasms, these are primarily what she uses as weapons.

DIVINITY: E - The daughter of a god and the mother of a god, both her likeness and personality are those worthy of one considered a divine Augusta.

Personal Skills:
    POISON RESISTANCE: B - The use of most poisons against Caster is futile, for she has painstakingly developed immunity to them, or else possesses vast stockpiles of their antidotes.

DEATH'S DOMINA: A - Despite the misfortunes of her life, Caster survived, stubbornly denying death’s calls until death gave up trying to claim her. It was only when she felt exhausted from living she commanded death to take her. A manifestation of countless failed assassinations and plots against her, Caster puts death to work for her. The opportune employment of this skill gives Caster the ability to escape from fatal circumstances while creating the illusion that she has been killed, to the point that her spirit origin will temporarily appear to have vanished. Lowered fatality rate from mortal wounds, as with Battle Continuation, is not a part of this skill.

IMPERIAL DUTY: B - Heavy lies the crown… and it lies heaviest for the Augusta. While the emperor has the privilege of absolute power, which corrupts absolutely, the imperial ladies are burdened with being responsible for the empire and dynasty. As an empress, Caster requires different specialties to fulfill her duties. By invoking her duty, she can possess any skill at C-rank for an extended duration. While only one skill can be had at a time, Caster must wait for the duration to expire before invoking her duty again.

To Nero
    “In the days of the republic, our ancestors disparaged the Carthaginians for their practice of child sacrifice, yet are we not guilty of it, too? We are raised to bear the power and responsibility of the fate of Rome. You, though, were raised to bear the ultimate power and the ultimate responsibility, and at such a young age. One remembers the fate of your uncle Gaius. You, bred for succulence and of the finest stock, to be laid down like a lamb for the stability of the state. And I was the priestess overseeing the ritual. You did not understand the urgency. How could a child such as yourself? I had to feign hatred of your music so that you would study the bores of statecraft. With a heavy heart, I entered you into an early and loveless political marriage, not unlike my first marriage. It was simply necessary. I thought you never listened to my lessons when you listened all too well. I chided you for your childish, cute attempt to simply abolish all taxes, even though I instructed you that your duty was to the people.

‘Even if you do not want power, you must survive. It is your responsibility to survive, at any cost.’ I should never have been surprised by how my life ended. When I warned you of the threat that Claudius’ son, Britannicus, posed to you, I meant to demonstrate the fragility of your rule, yet you had him assassinated immediately. A mother never expects the murderous intent of her child, but you saw my insistence on guiding you through affairs of state as a threat, just as I taught you. Perhaps I was outraged or doubted your sincerity due to the flatness of your attempts. In the end, it was the revelation of my pride that guided me to death with serenity. My pride that I had raised a true emperor. But, you were not yet ready. Despite your youthful spirit, you needed me for a few more years. I cannot apologize for the headaches I have caused you, both literal and figurative. Even the gods, ever uninterested in the affairs of humans, cannot leave matricide unpunished. Know that I wish not for my ghost to haunt you any longer. I am happy that, having lived the lives of highest majesty, we do not linger on empires or dynasties. I neither wish for forgiveness nor to forgive you. If, only having a moment, I wish to tell you ‘I am proud of you’ and ‘I love you.’”

Noble Phantasm

CASUS SUORUM - TALES TO FILL HEARTS WITH TEARS

TYPE: Anti-Heart

“Thus, you have the story of my passion and the passion of my family. I am certain you are eager to hear more, but we must begin our work, my master.”

For all the histories that condemn Caster of abominable acts, she wrote her own memoirs, and titled them “The Misfortunes of My Family.” Her life taught her that, with great power often comes greater misery. She claims she wrote these memoirs to prove her strength. However, the telling of her story had a specific political purpose. None could hear her story, how she lost her entire family, how she was twice widowed, and not heap their pity upon her. In fact, it elevated the people to see such a noble and eminent lady as pitiable. And Caster welcomed this pity, for soon these people would see her as their champion and her child as their savior. They exalt her and love her. The sight of her causes crowds to explode with joy and applause.

This is the power of a story, if one’s story is exquisitely tragic. For Caster, the consequences of revealing her true name are not so negative, because the telling of her history soon follows. The emotional weight is such that it constitutes a mental attack on the listener. Caster’s words are so wet with sorrow, that even the hearts of psychopaths will melt with empathy. Any guard can be lowered, if only for a time, with the focused direction of her will, as all her words are intentioned and none superfluous.

TEMPLUM DIVI CLAUDII - LOOK AND KNOW THAT I AM DIVINE

TYPE: Fortress

“This is my statement that I am the Augusta, that I serve in my own name. Nero and I, we were the two last living gods among humans. Perhaps there is not enough room in the world for two gods.”

The surest method for a ruler to demonstrate power and authority is through the construction of monuments that inspire awe and public works that earn love. Caster surpassed all Roman women before her in attaining the highest levels of imperium. She was an equal to her husband Claudius and a superior to her daughter Nero. The construction of the temple dedicated to the deified Claudius would show everyone that she was his successor, even if she could not formally hold the imperial title. Her role as Flaminica, or high priestess, would put her at the center of the imperial cult.

But, Caster’s rise was halted by Nero, who, tired of her mother’s attempt to solidify an equal status, expelled her from the palace. The undoing and demise of Caster was echoed in the fate of her grand building project. She could never complete it and Nero desecrated and appropriated it for her own personal monument, the Aestus Domus Aurea.

Nevertheless, Caster can resurrect her temple as a manifestation of her ambition. Due to its incomplete state, the temple offers little defensive measures. However, Caster gains the privileges of a high priestess within her fortress. These privileges enhance her divinity and parameters, and, as a member of the ancient lineage of the Roman priesthood, grants her the ability to perform magecraft from the Age of Gods. Caster holds almost absolute authority over this place, holding an advantage over almost all over servants. If Nero enters the temple, however, Caster will lose all benefits of authority and privilege.

FEMINA FORMOSA - HERB OF THE BEAUTIFUL LADY

TYPE: Anti-Unit (Self)

“A ruler must wield or employ all skills to succeed, including the skills we are reluctant to admit are necessary. Despite the dubiousness of historians, I do recall some callous decisions. They do not make me proud, blissful, or tranquil. They blacken my very soul. And, if I had to make those decisions again, I would.”

Whether empire or individuals, evil deeds are required to ensure survival. Most accept this reluctantly, but Caster freely accepts it, even while despairing at the evil she has done. There are times, she reassures, when empathy must be chained down, as if people can naturally do this on command. She materializes a flower in her hand and squeezes it. “Nightshade was Locusta’s poison of choice.”

Her form changes and she is now even more beautiful and terrifying, less sorrowful and less majestic. She takes the persona of Locusta, the famed poisoner that Caster was said to have employed in her plots, including her rumored murder of Claudius. By the strength of Caster’s unyielding determination, she modifies her spirit origin into someone who will not hesitate to do “that which is necessary.” Or, this is what she claims has happened. Her morality has entirely been erased. She calls herself an evil killer who truly enjoys assassination and deception. For as long as she is permitted, she is Assassin. The poisons she fabricated have enhanced damage and can be used in any attack. Her personal skills remain, but she wields rank-B Presence Concealment, while her Caster skills and divinity are locked away. The warping of her morality has seeped poison and wickedness into her Noble Phantasms. The words of the Casus Suorum no longer evoke love through pity. Rather, pity develops into a venomous hatred that physically consumes the body beginning with the heart. The Temple of Claudius no longer serves as a monument of aspirations, but as a gravestone for failed ambition. It slowly crumbles as she cannot maintain it. If it suits her efforts, she can destroy her temple as a desperate attack, releasing the hell of the Great Fire of Rome.

One wonders of this woman: is the persona truly a mere aspect, locked away and waiting patiently until she is needed? Or is it that her “true” persona is the costume she wears, the necessary outward appearance that allows her to survive amongst society?

Relationships

TIBERIUS
    "Perhaps, I should instead use the grail to wish for hell and place you there. I would fashion for you a hell to despise as much as you love Capri. I think you should endure eternal torment from Julia."

MORGAN
    "You are so like that woman Messalina. You relish in evil acts, seeing usurpation as a pleasure rather than a necessity."

SEMIRAMIS
    "I pity you that you never knew the love of a great mother. But, you allow this to affect your ability to rule. You choose to start a war over a man’s love? Pathetic. Embarrassing."

Last edited by doncosaco; August 5th, 2021 at 12:48 PM.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not me eyes wide in amazement at our entries. This month's gonna be tough I can see it already.

Fairy Dame Guinevere: Well damn, color me surprised because I was NOT expecting this entry in the slightest. What a banger, what an opening act! I'm very pleased I could be of help to you in any way, because hoo boy isn't this girl amazing. Camelot faeries is a trend I'm starting to enjoy seeing because people get really creative with their fusions, and she isn't different. I absolutely loved the Leannán Sídhe x Guinevere connection, and I think you managed to tie them together quite neatly in their roles as "nurturers" and in their mutual solitude in being needed for a single thing and nothing more. Also that NP is bonkers, I mean THE POSSIBILITIES IT OPENS I can't believe everyone from Camelot is a broken OP character. (As they should.) But yes, all of this is me saying that I loved this woman and I'm so glad to see you here this month, I hope you can grace us with more bangers like this one in the future.
    (Also I'm with you fam. I too think this month's prompt is ungodly difficult.)

Bodhmall & Liath Luachra: This one combines two things I'm fascinated with, Celtic mythology and double servants, and it manages to be a great ride. I was so giddy when I read their names because BOY, ain't they deserve recognition for raising this stupid boy named Fionn. I love how they symbolize the two halves of a great warrior, the druidic aptitude and the martial aptitude, and that they work so well together that they might as well be one individual at this point. And the quotes! Such a delight to read their relationship in the quotes, it really helped to flesh out their personalities. I think that this one was short and sweet, but it packed a frightening punch nevertheless, and overall it was very effective in presenting these characters that are so in need of more attention indeed.

Prometheus: THERE YOU GO FLEXING YOUR CREATOR MUSCLES ON US AGAIN AIN'T YOU TIRED OF CARRYING THE WORLD IN YOUR SHOULDERS MY LIEGE? Ahem. But yes, I adore this dude?? It already becomes a banger by virtue of having best boy as the faceclaim. (I won't take criticism.) His story is larger than life, just as his personality, and he is so good. Like, SO good. It really rekindles that flame that is my love with your Greek gods series all over again. (Also you sneaky you, stretching the theme so deviously with this character - I get what he represents and I can definitely see him as something that's fitting, but I must give points either way because it's most definitely NOT your average Teacher-class servant or mentor-type character. Teach me how you do that, I want to have just 1% of this creativity, I think it's enough. ;_; )

Agrippina the Younger: WHAT A LOW BLOW IT IS TO USE CG FACECLAIMS AGAINST ME I HOPE YOU KNOW I'M WEAK AGAINST THEM AND I'M SOLD ALREADY. I was already raising my eyebrows at this character because oh boy, this character. But I think that under all the viciousness and the cold blood you managed to flesh out her character and make a heart-tugging case for her escalation. I can definitely say that I finished this sheet thinking "man, this was actually GOOD", like, it was really great. Maybe she used her first NP in me and I took a critical hit to the heart? Maybe. What I know for sure is that I liked this character a whole lot, and that made me very happy. Thank you!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Not me eyes wide in amazement at our entries. This month's gonna be tough I can see it already.

Fairy Dame Guinevere: Well damn, color me surprised because I was NOT expecting this entry in the slightest. What a banger, what an opening act! I'm very pleased I could be of help to you in any way, because hoo boy isn't this girl amazing. Camelot faeries is a trend I'm starting to enjoy seeing because people get really creative with their fusions, and she isn't different. I absolutely loved the Leannán Sídhe x Guinevere connection, and I think you managed to tie them together quite neatly in their roles as "nurturers" and in their mutual solitude in being needed for a single thing and nothing more. Also that NP is bonkers, I mean THE POSSIBILITIES IT OPENS I can't believe everyone from Camelot is a broken OP character. (As they should.) But yes, all of this is me saying that I loved this woman and I'm so glad to see you here this month, I hope you can grace us with more bangers like this one in the future.
    (Also I'm with you fam. I too think this month's prompt is ungodly difficult.)

Bodhmall & Liath Luachra: This one combines two things I'm fascinated with, Celtic mythology and double servants, and it manages to be a great ride. I was so giddy when I read their names because BOY, ain't they deserve recognition for raising this stupid boy named Fionn. I love how they symbolize the two halves of a great warrior, the druidic aptitude and the martial aptitude, and that they work so well together that they might as well be one individual at this point. And the quotes! Such a delight to read their relationship in the quotes, it really helped to flesh out their personalities. I think that this one was short and sweet, but it packed a frightening punch nevertheless, and overall it was very effective in presenting these characters that are so in need of more attention indeed.

Prometheus: THERE YOU GO FLEXING YOUR CREATOR MUSCLES ON US AGAIN AIN'T YOU TIRED OF CARRYING THE WORLD IN YOUR SHOULDERS MY LIEGE? Ahem. But yes, I adore this dude?? It already becomes a banger by virtue of having best boy as the faceclaim. (I won't take criticism.) His story is larger than life, just as his personality, and he is so good. Like, SO good. It really rekindles that flame that is my love with your Greek gods series all over again. (Also you sneaky you, stretching the theme so deviously with this character - I get what he represents and I can definitely see him as something that's fitting, but I must give points either way because it's most definitely NOT your average Teacher-class servant or mentor-type character. Teach me how you do that, I want to have just 1% of this creativity, I think it's enough. ;_; )

Agrippina the Younger: WHAT A LOW BLOW IT IS TO USE CG FACECLAIMS AGAINST ME I HOPE YOU KNOW I'M WEAK AGAINST THEM AND I'M SOLD ALREADY. I was already raising my eyebrows at this character because oh boy, this character. But I think that under all the viciousness and the cold blood you managed to flesh out her character and make a heart-tugging case for her escalation. I can definitely say that I finished this sheet thinking "man, this was actually GOOD", like, it was really great. Maybe she used her first NP in me and I took a critical hit to the heart? Maybe. What I know for sure is that I liked this character a whole lot, and that made me very happy. Thank you!
    Thanks for the kind words regarding Agrippina. I think she used her Noble Phantasm on me, too, because even I don't know whether to trust her. So, I tried to leave her as an ambiguous character. Is she really giving us the true Agrippina or is the true Agrippina the one Nero tells us about? I was originally going to go with Agrippina the Elder as an avenger, appearing in a emaciated state of starvation and having only one eye (like a allude to in my sheet), but there just wasn't as much to work with. Maybe I'll give it a shot later on!

Amongst the awesome servants we've gotten so far, I think the coolest thing is that each one interprets and uses the prompt in totally different ways. It's definitely a prompt that forces you to think outside the box. And, if you're like me, you probably didn't find anything useable in your notebook of ideas. I think a lot of figures that have been "done before" can work if you reinterpret the figure for this prompt. You can think of anyone as a mentor who wished to leave a lasting legacy of impacting people's lives. Once you figure it out, I think you'll fall in love with the prompt, since it allows for really deep character study. I'm really hoping we start to see more action soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    There you go buttering me up again! Seriously! I wasn't even sure if this servant was gonna work out or not. Or if people were gonna call me ot on stretching the theme. Mostly I was just tinkering and experimenting again and decided to do something with my old Olympian Servants again. Glad to see that you love this over the top arrogant but well intentioned Mentor of Humanity. Here's hoping he will go the distance.

Can't wait to see what you have in mind for this contest, too! It's always top quality.

Blog Entries
    I have one question, Wyvern. If the servants class is Teacher but due to distortion he gets Caster class skills, why is it that only caster class skills appear in the Class Skills? I only see one Teacher skill, and its on Personal Skills instead of Class. (Wasn't there 2 Teacher skills?) Also, what was lowered due to distortion? I feel that, while the servant fits the theme, the way he is structured doesnt feel right. Aside from that, his Noble Phantasms are creative, specially the first Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by Master_Therion; August 6th, 2021 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ah, that has to do with how the Teacher Class itself works. Basically, the Teacher Class is 'any class with either Mentorship or Instruction Skills. They can only be acqured if the servant in question has Distortion or Double Summon. So the Teacher Class itself can only exist in warped servants who have been summoned under certain circumstances. It's always merged with one of the Servant's standard class vessels. So that's why the Class Skills are those of a Caster. Because Prometheus should have been a Caster, but because of the distortion caused by his receiving God Flame from Hestia, he is categorized as a warped 'Teacher-Class' servant.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doncosaco View Post
    Amongst the awesome servants we've gotten so far, I think the coolest thing is that each one interprets and uses the prompt in totally different ways. It's definitely a prompt that forces you to think outside the box. And, if you're like me, you probably didn't find anything useable in your notebook of ideas. I think a lot of figures that have been "done before" can work if you reinterpret the figure for this prompt. You can think of anyone as a mentor who wished to leave a lasting legacy of impacting people's lives. Once you figure it out, I think you'll fall in love with the prompt, since it allows for really deep character study. I'm really hoping we start to see more action soon!
    Yep, this prompt encourages you to think outside the box and look up some lesser-known figures that could qualify, and these entries we have so far have been amazing interpretations of the prompt, so good work to everyone! I already have some difficulty determining my top 3 order so far, and I'm sure this will only get harder as we get more entries in.

Blog Entries
    ...Gosh darn it, I thought of another idea. I was gonna leave it at one entry, but I have to materialize this concept or I'll melt from the inside out.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This was such a thankless prompt, I can't believe you made me actually WORK all this time, El. (THANK YOU I LOVED IT)

Hey, you guys will see a certain Servant being mentioned in the course of this entry that is totally not a fanfiction disguised as a Servant sheet.
    And if you feel like that, take a look: that certain Servant might have gotten a Skill upgrade.

Anyway, I'll speak more of this horrible attempt of an entry in the final notes. Have fun!

PROLOGUE

“Give him back!” The commander orders amidst the blaring sirens.

It was a sight she didn’t miss in the slightest—the fire and brimstone. The chaos and the eerie silence, besides the roaring siren.

But this time, it was different. This time she had something to leave behind.
    This time, there was
    hope inside of her heart—

Their eyes met for a split second.
    The jet-black and the emerald-green.

I think I’ll miss him, she thinks.

He was already inside of the pod, that person. Banging in the glass, screaming something she couldn’t possibly hear from where she stood. She managed to configure the thing to fly away, far away, as far as possible. She was sure that the commander wouldn’t catch up to him.

And only after she was sure the trajectory calculations were right, she turned around to face the commander. His voice was a rumble, deep and guttural—a far cry from the man who plotted in the shadows and cowered before the strong. He was now the answer to his own prayers, a victim of his own enchantment. A supernova, bright and heavy. And he demanded one thing only.

“Give him back, Wu Mei!” He repeated, closing the distance between them in a frenzy.

He was a tall, imposing figure made of mad rage. All of his bloodlust concentrated in one single individual—her. Even the most simple of minds knew what that meant. Her death wouldn’t be comely... It wouldn’t be gentle...

It would hurt a lot and it would take a long time.
    The commander would make sure of that.

And yet, his menacing figure inspired nothing but pity on her. Somehow, even right there, nothing really changed—just like it always had been. She only knew pity and defiance.

And because of that, she declared, in simple resolution:

“I won’t.”

—And then, she presses the launch button.

LANCER
    — THE CRIMSON CRUSADER —

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Foreigner, Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Servant Universe

Height: 156 cm | 5'1''
    Weight: 45 kg | 99,2 lbs

Natural Enemy: Bai Mei
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Brynhildr's Beloved, Humanoid, Riding, Female, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGHT: C

ENDURANCE: A

AGILITY: B

MANA: C

LUCK: C

NOBLE PHANTASM: EX

Class Skills

MAGIC RESISTANCE: A+

Magic from the common roots—spells that came with the birth of the Inhabitants of the Sapphire Sea—secrets from the outer space and beyond the void—those are all 「things that can be understood」 and 「things that can be countered」 in accordance to the creed of her former life.

However, perhaps out of her own design, rather than outright nullifying effects from spells, curses or magic of same Rank or lower, as one should, her resistance is instead translated into an unparalleled ability to 「take anything and endure it.」

RIDING: B

What? Riding was supposed to be a difficult thing now?

—Sure, unbelievable maneuvers such as zig-zagging an asteroid belt during a chase or camouflaging a spaceship in the void of outer space are still reserved for the most experienced of Rider Servants, but she thinks she’s still quite good at piloting, thank you.

CHAPTER 1
    I
    This is the end, I suppose.

It’s cliché—and perhaps, a thought even defeatist in nature—but it’s really the only thing that crossed my mind as I watched the safety pod disappearing in the void.

“What did you
    do!?” The commander’s voice is an anguished scream. I get it... It’s not an easy feeling to see your ambitions slipping away as if they’re water between your fingers. Unbeknownst to me, I might be even feeling some sort of sympathy for that broken man right now.

———As if.

“What I should have done sooner, you deranged bastard.”

My body is in tatters and my left arm is in pieces—the fire consumes this dying spaceship and the dark void around us is a promise of nothing but a cold and ungrateful coffin and yet, the pain I feel the most in right here. My heart aches.

“—Now, come!”

It was a good life, all things considered... I hold no regrets—and yet it still aches.

II
    Life goes on.

If I had to describe it, surely it’d be, “it’s a favorite saying of the weaker ones.” A sentence that got introduced in the wake of the cataclysm that changed my life forever, at first it only registered as white noise, a shrug that seemed to fill the silence after the fire and the brimstone, the death and the betrayal—when my world ended and when it reborn anew.

However, the ship’s crew seemed to love such nonsense, because it was constantly leaving their lips. Tomorrow is another day, they’d repeat in their annoyingly passive fashion. Life goes on.

No shit it does.
    I know that much.

“It'd be a waste of time to find that person”, I remember I’d declare during the few instances in which my past was brought to question. But bless their little hearts, the crew was quick on the uptake and soon learned not to try and pry that information from my hands. “Since he has already cloistered himself away to conspire against me. But I worry not, because I know that one day we’ll meet again, and then…”

——And then, that would surely be our final battle. In that, I used to believe with all my heart. It was the only thing that kept moving me, as if without those thoughts I was nothing but a stringless puppet. But the truth was that I hardly noticed how I was being poisoned by the same powerlessness that permeated every bone of the inhabitants of that ship.

Life goes on, they used to say to comfort themselves and to justify their pitiful existence. And I believed in them—my life kept going on as well.

—And that’s why you’re so important.

—Johannes.

CHAPTER 2
    I
    How would it be, to see the world through your eyes?

I wanted to understand why you allowed yourself to be used like that—no one ever had any illusion that you were anything more than a human weapon, a toy to be used and discarded, and yet you never rebelled. I wanted to know what you thought all by yourself in that room—swinging your sword until you glistened with sweat.

I know we started off wrong——I think I’ve apologized for taking you down under the guise of a handshake. But I like to believe you’ve already forgiven me for that. After all, I found you in that room again and again after that day.

We never spoke much, until one day we did.

“How do you always remember?”, you’ve asked with earnest curiosity. I’m so sorry, Johannes—I couldn’t understand the weight of that question on that day... Which was why I was so nonchalant in my answer, “Was I supposed to forget you?”

I think this is one of the reasons why my heart aches now—maybe I wanted to re-do this day, and to properly answer you like you deserve. Maybe, I actually
    do hold some regrets.

You know, I was away from the frontlines for a long time when you came to us. To me, you were just another passenger at first, yet another name in my long (and secret) list of worries, until you weren’t anymore.

When I came to be a part of the Vermilion Flowers, I thought the crew had picked a strange name for themselves. Too soft, in my opinion. Quite different from the other space pirates I knew, with their “Raven Strikers” or “Crimson Stars” or “Emerald Seekers” or all the other stupid titles…

It took the commander explaining that those were precious memories from his home, beautiful flowers in his garden with which he woke up every morning, for me to understand—oh, so they were all frail under their tall shoulders and boisterous laughter. They were all weak and ethereal. And because they understood their weakness, because they were all united in the act of living one day after another in their helplessness, it was why they were like that.

I used to think of myself as something different from them—but the truth was that I was only a weak flower as well. I was just like the rest of the crew.

It took you looking right into my eyes on that day, after I answered carelessly that I wasn’t gonna forget about you, and muttering, “Thank you” for me to be taken by surprise as I finally understood that I crumbled under the weight of my own fears.

II
    I’ve never told you all the details, but I came from a place called WeiDai Temple. I was a Crusader there... But maybe everyone kind of guessed it already by the way I dress, and it was just a matter of no one having the heart to tell me. Well... I guess this is another one of my regrets—now that I think about it, it sure would be nice to know that someone out there in the universe still remembers us.

There, in the Temple, we studied since our very birth the secrets of the universe—we harnessed the light of the ends of the void—we became one with the cosmos through intense focus and discipline—and yet we all perished like innocent flowers.

I’ve never told you this, but you always reminded me a bit of him. Bai Mei.

——Not the part where he proved to be a filthy traitor, a disgusting asshole who betrayed us all for more power like the hungry mutt he was. Not the part where he sold us out to the Burial Jet Order and desecrated our legacy, destroyed our temple and scattered us survivors like dust in the wind. Not the part where he was permanently burned within my heart, and every time I closed my eyes I’d see his face. I’d listen to his calm voice vowing to wait for me, so one day I could avenge our master.

No, you were made of a different material than that prick. But your eyes were the same as his.

And perhaps, that was why I was drawn to you.

Perhaps, deep inside of me, I just wanted to prove myself that you were not the materialized ghost of my past coming from beyond the void to torment me with those eyes.

That’s why when you allowed me to share the same space as you, when you drew your legs in close, pressing them into your chest and then wrapping your arms around them, and then resting your chin upon your knees as I spoke about my lance made of the purest light harvested from beyond, I was happy. When you seemed content to let me just speak, I felt relief.

Perhaps, I was like everyone else from the crew—maybe I was merely using you for my own needs, too. Perhaps, you were just the vessel in which I tried to speak to Bai Mei, in order to understand
    why he did that to us. To me.

I understood at a rational level that my
    duty
    destiny
    was to die avenging my past, but somewhere along the way I’ve allowed fear and complacency to get the best of me... I became soft. I started to think that
    life goes on. So, on that day, when I carelessly told you about my temple, you looked at me and said that which woke me up from a long slumber—

“Teach me the way you fight”, you said earnestly. Seriously. You were like a sheet of paper without a single letter on it, but whenever it came to fighting, the emerald of your eyes gleamed like a precious jewel. “I know you won’t go to battle anymore, and that’s fine. But you still remember the style you’ve learned in the past, right? So, teach me! This way, it’ll be forever inside of me too... It won’t ever die!”

—And you know, Johannes. Maybe I only started to see you as a proper human being on that day.
    On that day, when you offered me eternity.

CHAPTER 3
    I
    Gradually and painlessly—
    Slowly, like a lobster boiling in a lidded pot—

I allowed myself to like you.

And it surprised me that, for the most part, I was thoroughly unsurprised at that.

The training room was ours for a few intense, fruitful hours. You’ve always been drinking eagerly from the fountain of my knowledge. Sparring together, I understood the reasons why you moved and the ways in which you moved. And every time you’d show a remarkable improvement right in front of my eyes, I couldn’t help but to feel something akin to pride.

You started to bring out your fears to me, modest offerings of friendship, and that warmth inside of my chest would envelop my entire body. After the training, we’d just sit wherever and talk. I looked forward to those simple moments the most. “What should I do to be remembered?”, you asked me once, and I replied: “I don’t know… Start talking nonsense, laughing out loud out of nowhere... You know, really obnoxiously like, ‘FUWAHAHAHA!!’, or something like that. I guess it’ll scare them so much that they’ll not have a choice but to remember your crazy face!” ——And you know what, I apologize to the entire universe. I reckon I wasn’t talking very seriously here and you weren’t supposed to take those words at face value. I should have made myself more clear.

With you, I think I truly understood what the crew meant when they said that life goes on. Maybe, when life keeps going, you have no choice but to pick yourself up and follow after it.

And thanks to you—to those little moments that strenghtened me—I finally tried to do that for real.

I tried to content myself with taking stock of the carnage of my previous life, I tried to gather up the shards and tried to figure out if they were worth gluing back together or better off given over to the trash of forgetfulness. The ghost of Bai Mei still tormented my dreams, but even that did not hurt much anymore. Because I had something to look forward to. Because I began to accept the bits and pieces handed to me by you and the others—those small, precious gems to stick to the messy patch of my heart. And sometimes, in the secret of my solitude, I’d hold it up for inspection.

It was an ugly sight, truly, like the mess Berserker called “fixing the spaceship’s holes.” It was something full of cracks and not quite as good as new, but for the first time, it was something entirely mine to shape.

“—You seem lively today.” You said it once to me, after yet another of our secret training sessions. (By these days, you’d talk like a deranged maniac to anyone that wasn’t me. What’s up with this way of speaking you’ve crafted? What’s the purpose? I was so embarrassed. I wanted you to stop that.) “Are you happy?”

“I... Am.” I replied, and to my surprise, I meant it.

But it went to pieces much sooner than I wished it’d go.

II
    —I’m sorry, Johannes. I know I promised I’d teach you whatever I knew if I felt like it, but I had no right to make that promise. I couldn’t possibly become something similar to a
    friend
    master
    to you. I couldn’t bear the weight of this word.

I had an actual master, you know... I wish I could have spoken of him to you... He was so kind and so powerful. He was very wise. That man was a master. More of a master than any remaining human.

I, on the contrary, was just a stupid little girl.

If I truly were to act like your
    friend
    master
    , then I’d have protected you from the Vermilion Flowers. What we had were only tiny, little islands of peace—but the world out there still marched on, with or without our consent. The commander and the other crew members still used you for your powers, and you still submitted because you’re just like that, with your stupid soft heart.

Of course one day this would happen. They were never powerful, you see—the Vermilion Flowers were just weaklings that tasted the forbidden fruit of strength thanks to you. They never had to mind their power, they never experienced the woes of the strong trying to live in a world made for the average. Instead, what they had was this—the sweetness of a poisonous nectar. Of course that it’d be too enticing, of course that it’d swallow them whole.

They’d do anything to never give you up and what you represented. Including tearing each other apart. It’s not your fault—that’s something that would happen no matter who you were. Sometimes, life is just like that... And I wish I could make you understand that. Because I know you’re laid bare under the weight of an unwelcome revelation.

——How does one move on after knowing that the end came because of yourself?

If I was truly your
    friend
    master
    , then
    maybe I should have the answer to this question. I owe you this much. But I’m sorry, I still struggle with the same question myself to this day.

I’m sorry to leave you with the burden of having to find the answer yourself, from now on. I’m sorry I feel that we won’t have time for another lesson anymore.

I’m sorry for not being enough.

I’m sorry for only being able to pray—
    That’s the last thing allowed for me as your friend.

So, even if it’s not enough, I’ll be here—
    I’ll entrust this wish to the universe and beyond—

That somehow, somewhere, someone will understand you far better than I ever could.

I know such a person exist.

And I know that, someday, you will find them.

As long as you keep living, one day after the other.
    Do not ever forget it. My last lesson to you:
    life goes on.

Until there, good luck.

Personal Skills

WHITE CRANE: EX

A style of fighting of those under the WeiDai Order. As one of their most prized students, Wu Mei is a master of her craft—she is someone that has always sported an innate aptitude for fighting in any combat by overcoming limitations and adapt either previously unseen techniques or methods to ensure victory. Thanks to the fluid and ever-changing nature of the White Crane style, she adapted perfectly to all factors, while also achieving maximum efficiency in both offensive and defensive stances. At this Rank, as long as there is the slightest chance, she is capable of 「countering anything.」

One would call it a cheating Skill. She would merely call it 「the fruits of her labor.」 You can think whatever you want, based on that.

—Incidentally, since this style of fighting has nothing to do with the one with same name found in the Pan Human History, it cannot be considered a proper Chinese Martial Art.

WEIDAI CREST: A+

The 「magic crest」 given to those who mastered the teachings of the WeiDai Order, in her time only five talented students were granted the honor of possessing those, Wu Mei being one of them. Hers is located in her right eye, being the reason for its odd coloration.

Different effects are granted based on the Servant who inherits them. For Wu Mei, it became an enhanced capacity of reading an opponent’s movements.

“I know what you’re going to do before you do it. Don’t even try that,” she’d say to that person sometimes during their sparring sessions. And yet, he still tried—and yet, he still failed.

However, although it seems like a type of precognition, it cannot be considered that, since while she is capable of predicting movements and body language with ease, she still cannot predict the outcome or the effects of certain powers (such as Mental Manipulation-type Skills and so on). Since it also requires eye contact to work, camouflaged individuals are a natural counter-enemy to her.

WUXIN: B+++

Wuxin, the supremacy of spirit. The state of a clear mind.

The crossing of all human boundaries, in which all limitations become meaningless.

The absence of conscious thoughts, ideas, judgements and fears.

As a (former) Crusader of the WeiDai, she should rank even higher in the Skill—however, the burning of the Temple and the subsequent horrors that followed her ever since ended up permanently downgrading the ability. Although the expansion of knowledge and the mental clarity are still intact, the lack of a drive hinders her ultimate goal, making the full potential of this Skill unable to be displayed.

By the by, there is no factual basis for her pet theory, but Wu Mei thinks that it’s her constant state of serenity that allows her to bypass the effects of Liechtenauer’s mind-erasing Skills, essentially making her the only one capable of remembering him after a successful disengagement.

—Also, as a side note, it seems that even at this point of her life this Skill still retains a fundamental function of serving as a Presence Concealment Skill of the same Rank. That means that, even during a heated battle, she could still make herself completely disappear.

Noble Phantasm
    A Crimson Rose Kissed by the Bitter Season
    MEIHUA BAI MEI

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 50m~100m
    Max. number of people: 1

“Your name is written in this lance, Bai Mei. One day, it’ll pierce your heart.”

A vow of deliverance sublimated into a Noble Phantasm.

A lance made of the purest light harnessed from beyond time and space, a last physical remembrance of the Temple of WeiDai.

No matter where one hides—no matter how one hides—no matter the time and the place, as long as the promise remains, this vow is a sure hit. It is a technique that is able to bypass any of the opponent’s defenses, conceptual or not, no matter how seemingly impenetrable it appears to be.

Not only limited to living beings, as long as it is perceived as 「something in the way of her path towards Bai Mei,」 invulnerable structures, the hardest substances known to mankind, and even an immortal god, anything can be pierced. As if it is an omni-presential attack, it can even pierce through timelines and parallel dimensions, intangibility and evades, reality and illusions, dreams and memories.

——However, because the mental landscape of this Servant is currently one of complete disarray—because her heart cannot decide if she truly wants to meet again that person or not—she is unable to deploy this Noble Phantasm under present circumstances.

EPILOGUE
    —There you are!

To the Master’s surprise, Saber jumped in his skin, taken completely by surprise. Well… It wasn’t an easy task to startle the Genspensterjäger, that’s for sure.

He mumbled to himself, “Ugh, I thought you were that annoying Lancer girl—”

——OH, WAIT. But Saber isn’t anything but resilient, it seems, and as he turns around completely in-character again, a pair of emerald-green eyes are locking on to the Master. Despite the cold of the night, the black-cladded Servant’s presence is nothing but ardent—whatever that small hiccup was, it was long forgotten by him already.

“I mean... Halt there,
    Master
    Earthling
    ! If you value your life, do not come any closer!”

—Huh?

“Kh— I said stay back.” The Servant crosses his arms, looking displeased. But at this point in life, the Master knew that it was nothing but an act. “Oh, well... Today, I feel magnanimous, so I shall accept that courage of yours! My barrier is lifted, you may approach me!”

Right, right. The puff of air the Master left out as he sighed was a misty cloud of ice.

“Although I do know why you continue to hound me—of course the allure of the sovereign of the vermilion stars would be too much for a human such as you—I must say! It is a welcomed surprise to see you here.”

—Really, now? Oh, maybe they really interrupted something. The Master was so sure the dialogue would be quite different. (More flowery, more conceived, with double the difficult words… You know, the usual.)

“Yes.” He said, simply.

And then, as if intending to be even more groundbreaking today, Saber turns back to look at the sky once more, and a comfortable silence falls down, delicated like a feather.

The stillness of their proximity is an... Unusual experience, to say the least. Johannes Liechtenauer is anything but quiet—he is a force of nature, a boisterous ball of energy that is constantly getting on everyone’s nerves. To see him looking so listless at the moon, it felt almost wrong on a fundamental level.

—What are you thinking? Are you missing space already?

He scoffs. And then laughs.
    The Master raises their eyebrow. Was he about to.,.?

“So you are this spellbound by my allure already… Kuhuhu, you pitiful fool”, Yep, here we go again. At least, there it was the Saber they knew. “How long would your sanity last after knowing my secrets?!”

Was that a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’? Not even the Master knew this time!

“But worry not,
    Master
    Earthling
    . I’ve been making sure you won’t get too close to me.”

—Eh? So you were thinking of me? That’s surprising.

The look on Saber’s face was... Something, to say the least.

Sometimes, that would happen. Sometimes, his words would get lost in his throat, but then they would find his eyes. Sometimes, as if he was a glass half full, that sadness he held inside his chest would spill just enough to touch the human he had chosen as a Master.

But those broken moments of fragility were small and finite. They were like stars, borning and dying in the space of a single second.

“H-Hah! Do not get ahead of yourself, you fool!” He quickly bounced off, despite the initial flustered reaction. “I am merely taking pity on a mortal like yourself. Even you do not deserve a meaningless death—and that is the only thing that awaits those who cross paths with me. The vermilion stars are to shine by their lonesome in the sky! Therefore, for I am their sovereign, I, too, am cursed with the spell of solitude! Not a single being that met me could count their blessings. Your tiny, human brain cannot possibly understand.”

The Master purses their lips, simply thinking that those are a lot of big words to hide behind.

But of course they’d understand their Servant, every single one of them. This one, troublesome as he might be, too. They knew that what Saber needed wasn’t a pat on his head, as if he was a small child. What he needed was—

—You know… Maybe you’re right. The Master conceded. Maybe, there were scars that even their pact couldn’t reach. And that was fine. But I know, in my tiny, human brain, one thing: I don’t think there’s a single person in this universe that regrets knowing you... And I mean it. You. I, for once, don’t.

The look Saber gave to them was, yet again, something raw and unarmed. Sometimes, just like miracles, he’d have those moments in which something peeked from behind the pain—those small moments that warmed the Master’s heart so much that the biting cold of the air didn’t bother them anymore.

In the silence of the night, as if the stars wispered a secret, the Saber murmured:

“—Then, I think you’re the first.”

Me, creating a Singularity-ish story around the Servant Universe and using this prompt as the perfect excuse? Nahh, you're seeing things.

Ending notes
    Anyway, I hope you had fun reading all of this. I know I didn't have fun spending an entire week writing a billion times the same paragraphs. But since the end result was this, I suppose my effort paid off. I don't like to use words like "I did my best" or "this is my best work" because it puts an unnecessary strain in my brain, but I DO guess this one was a labor of love, all things considered.

So, yes... Wu Mei, huh.

Actually, her most known name is Ng Mui, but I thought that the pying reading, "Wu Mei", sounded better. Anyway, the PHH!Wu Mei was a nun, one of the Five Elders (survivors of the Shaolin temple) and an enemy of Pai Mei. Yes, THE Pai Mei. She survived the fire and went to take under her wing a talented girl as pupil and train her so flawlessly they created an entire new school of martial arts, only to say goodbye to her student and disappear from the annals of History. But since this Wu Mei isn't the PHH!Wu Mei, nothing that I just said matter at all... Although she kinda walked the same road too. Lost her temple, took a promissing pupil under her wing, and disappeared after she taught him everything she could.

I only had two missions writing this sheet: fill it with Star Wars references and chuuni language.
    I think I've succeded in 1 out of 2 of these orders... Which is good enough, I guess.

She feels barebone as a sheet (or maybe it's just me thinking that?) because I tried to make her personality and her motivations shine in ther story instead. And since she is not alive anymore (not that we know), or either in Chaldea, it's not like she'll have quotes or Craft Essences. She was to the end a glorified NPC. But hey!

Also: shout out to my hommie Royd, for giving me that hc where my Seiba and his Lancer are constantly bickering somewhere in Chaldea. I've fully commited to it.

I hope you guys enjoyed all this reading. Thanks a lot for your support!
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; August 20th, 2021 at 04:20 AM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    welcome to another episode of "Fight to Become 2nd Place, because WF already won."
    you kill people by drowning them in a sea of colors, pierce their heart with emotions and suffocate them with chains of velvet.
    As one of your murder victims i invite every death that way.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I've already picked who my second entry was going to be, but now I'm wondering if I should pull out the big guns. Only, I was saving the big guns for when I was certain I'd be able to wield them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    welcome to another episode of "Fight to Become 2nd Place, because WF already won."
    you kill people by drowning them in a sea of colors, pierce their heart with emotions and suffocate them with chains of velvet.
    As one of your murder victims i invite every death that way.
    OH NO MY LIEGE THAT WOULD BE YOU AND YOUR BANGER SHEETS PLS YOU HONOR ME WITH THESE COMPLIMENTS but I'm just glad I could make you feel something. This is a [mission complete] kinda feeling then!

Quote Originally Posted by doncosaco View Post
    I've already picked who my second entry was going to be, but now I'm wondering if I should pull out the big guns. Only, I was saving the big guns for when I was certain I'd be able to wield them.
    DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS JUST DO IT
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Wyvern stole my pick for a first submission, and so too shall I steal his life.

Time to go beast mode I guess.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Oof, well, I haven't finished mine yet, but I can already tell I ain't getting anywhere near top 3. It kinda boggles my mind how everyone who's been submitting for the past few contest themes is so good at this.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Man, this one is really hard to pull out inspiration for... but I think I have two sheets I can do, god knows if I'll even get one done in time. One is someone from my backlog I've been meaning to do for a while now, though I still don't know how to make him work, and the other... is weird. I've definitely got to live up to the hype of everybody else dropping absolute banger after absolute banger, though, so an attempt must be made nonetheless.

First, let's see if I can actually finish it in time, but... I think I'm gonna get weird.

Blog Entries
    The weirder the better, that's my motto.

EDIT: And yes, that's a challenge. I'm coming up with some wild shit at this very moment myself now that my "real" entry's been posted.
    Last edited by NMR-3; August 9th, 2021 at 02:26 PM.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Wyvern stole my pick for a first submission, and so too shall I steal his life.

Time to go beast mode I guess.
    Insert obligatory 'Are you challenging me?' reference.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    my brain is melting. I already apologize for what will happen when I release my main entry. But like last contest my side entry will be lighthearted...if i can make it in time

and kiwi vs Wyvern, FIGHT
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.